Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Charles Says He's Not "Full Gay" Because He's Been Into Trans Men

In a new video, makeup artist and influencer James Charles made a transphobic remark in reference to his own sexuality, and sounded pretty stupid in the process.

The video, called "THE TRUTH... My Crush Does My Makeup," was a collaboration with Jeff Wittek where Wittek does Charles' makeup while the two answer questions. In one conversation, Charles teaches Wittek about the Kinsey Scale and notes that he's a 5.5. "So you're not even full gay," Wittek says, which leads to Charles explaining that there have "been girls in the past who I've thought were very, very beautiful. There's also been trans guys in the past, too, that I was really, really into for a moment in time." So, where he could have taken a moment to describe the fluidity of gender and sexuality, Charles instead stuck to a very trans-exclusionary understanding of gender as it pertains to his own sexuality. By saying that he's not "full gay" because he's been attracted to trans men, Charles effectively said that he doesn't consider trans men to be actual men. Which is not only completely wrong, but just plain offensive. OUT Staff Writer Rose Dommu said it best when she wrote on Twitter that Charles' comment "sister sucks."

Charles has since apologized, saying that the "implication that my trans brothers & sisters arent [sic] valid," is "NOT what I was trying to say." He continues: "You are valid in your identity!! I apologize & should've chosen my words wiser!" Yes, he should've.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2019 12:17 AM

I stopped reading at "influencer."

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 10:31 PM

I've never seen anyone more FULL GAY than this guy.....

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote] I've never seen anyone more FULL GAY than this guy.....

This guy makes me look straight.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 10:38 PM

If he’s putting his penis in a vagina - even a vagina with a surgically altered clitoris meant to resemble a baby penis on a woman who has had elective mastectomies and taken hormones for muscle and body hair - he’s right, he’s not “full gay”.

Now if he got pegged by the tranny, that’s a different story.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote] "Charles instead stuck to a very trans-exclusionary understanding of gender as it pertains to his own sexuality. By saying that he's not "full gay" because he's been attracted to trans men, Charles effectively said that he doesn't consider trans men to be actual men."

He's actually right on this one.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 10:42 PM

EXHAUSTING!

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 10:50 PM

No. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 10:54 PM

What the hell does "sister sucks" mean?

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 10:55 PM

And this is newsworthy how....?

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 11:02 PM

[quote] "Writer Rose Dommu said it best when she wrote on Twitter that Charles' [trans-exclusionary] comment "sister sucks." "

For those wondering, Rose Dommu is a male trans who fantasises he's a woman. This is what he looks like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 11:10 PM

Ugh - those eyebrows...

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 11:18 PM

R10 Is that Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 11:26 PM

Is he in the process of transitioning to a Ken doll?

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 11:28 PM

Gurl is a big ole top. Just look at her, it’s obvious. She alphas her bottoms like a beast.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 11:29 PM

There isn't much trans news so they have to scan for things to be outraged against.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 11:38 PM

R12, 'Rose' Dommu is mentioned in OP's article. He's criticising popular gayling James Charles for not recognising female trans who pretend to be gay men as "real gay men". Dommu is the founder of the delightfully named "Culture Whore" party planning company in Brooklyn. He's also a 'prolific writer'. I checked out Dommu’s “writings”. Have a read, his essay is both funny, ridiculous and scary. His writing style is a mixture of Bret Easton Ellis and E. L. James:

“Trans people undergoing hormone replacement therapy are, in a way, cyborgs… I started chemically transitioning exactly 1 year ago. Living in New York City, access was EASY: I made a trip to my local queer health center (they exist), talked to a doctor about my experience with gender dysphoria, and MOMENTS LATER had an appointment to begin hormone replacement therapy (HRT).

[bold]I chose to be [an Estrogen] shot girl because there seemed to be something PUNK about SHOOTING UP with estrogen once a week, plus I'm a bit of a masochist.[/bold] My first shot was a magical experience; as I sent up a prayer of gratitude to the Goddess and aligned my spirit with a wavelength of feminine energy, the balding nurse told me to "take your pants off, man." Tears welled up in my eyes as I finally communed with the physical embodiment of divine femininity and the nurse exited as quickly as possible. After 3 weeks of administered shots, I was given a tutorial and started administering them myself.

It took a month or so before I was really able to measure the changes in my energy, mental processes and emotional landscape. Blockers left me LAZY and LETHARGIC, unable to do anything more ambitious then walk the 2 blocks from my apartment to Popeyes. Estrogen made me moody one day, ecstatic the next. The day or two after I took my shot came with an incredible high; I felt vibrant and feminine, food tasted better, the world seemed brighter. As the estrogen slowly leached out of my system, I’d be white-knuckling it until I could feel human again. I was an emotionally unstable, irritable BITCH the day leading up to my next shot.

[bold]My sex drive disappeared almost immediately after beginning HRT, my body no longer producing testosterone. It wasn't only that I didn't feel like having sex, the absence of desire was total. Gone was the aimless need to hunt for DICK. I deleted my hook up apps and suddenly had hours, days, weeks where I never once thought about sex - or men at all, really.[/bold] The testosterone-driven desire to hunt down PREY had evaporated. [bold]But as the weeks wore on I had new desires: recurring dreams of someone stroking my hair in SOFT CANDLELIGHT, the need to cuddle with and show physical affection to my friends.[/bold]

After 2 months, the physical changes really started to kick in. My nipples became so sore that some days even the weight of my t-shirt was unbearable. I had sex one day when I was bored and remembered that fucking was a thing and when the boy suckled at my budding breasts I whited out in agony. Once, a car door hit my nipple and I almost passed out from the pain.

The changes to my body were subtle, but shocking over time … But that also meant that when people still looked at me and assumptively gendered me as male, it hurt so much worse. Being misgendered causes you to question your entire reality. [bold]I’d walk out of my apartment TITS OUT, full face of MAKEUP, feeling FULL CUNT and my Uber driver (confession: I re-downloaded Uber after I ran out of Lyft credits, sorry) says "Where to, SIR?”[/bold].”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 11:42 PM

Dommu’s bizarre essay continues:

“Now my voice is something I obsess about, and it’s the thing that makes people clock me more than anything. I’d never wanted FFS (Facial Feminization Surgery, essentially having your FACE CRACKED OPEN as to no longer look like a dude), but after a few friends got it and I saw the equally subtle and dramatic ways it changed them [bold]I was dying to go under the knife.[/bold] …

After a year undergoing hormone replacement therapy, I believe I have enough objective insight to make some generalizations about men and women, or at least about people with predominantly estrogen in their system versus people with predominantly testosterone. [bold]Testosterone made me feel predatory and impulsive, but I was also more easily able to separate myself from emotion and operate with cool logic. Estrogen has made me more empathic and emotional[/bold], which has also meant that strong emotions have the power to completely overwhelm me until I literally cannot deal with the world around me.

Most days I feel like a biohacker..."

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 11:44 PM

Jesus fucking christ.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 11:46 PM

Dommu says he had "facial feminization surgery", but he still looks like a dude to me.

He should demand a refund from his surgeon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 11:49 PM

A car door touched his moob and he nearly passed out? What a fucking Mary!

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2019 12:37 AM

Oh boy

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2019 2:22 AM

Just because you can appreciate when a woman is conventionally attractive doesn't make you bisexual, james

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2019 2:33 AM

Oh, sister. Girl, don't embarrass yourself.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2019 8:18 AM

James Charles is so 360 gay he's straight again.

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2019 8:30 AM

„Stroking my hair in soft candlelight“? They really think women behave like romance novel heroines in real life.

by Anonymousreply 25April 16, 2019 12:35 PM

[QUOTE]R10 Is that Madonna?

Madams-apple X.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2019 12:42 PM

No lies detected

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2019 12:49 PM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2019 12:54 PM

Did he escape from a wax museum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2019 1:07 PM

Everything about this is insane.

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2019 1:09 PM

I think Rose is also the author of that Advocate article “Dear gay men, stop telling women they can’t be in gay bars.”

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2019 1:10 PM

He is a kid, and doesn't choose his words right, Same guy who tweeted "omg we are flying to africa, hope I don't get ebola". I kinda of sorta know him. Sister suck is just a beej. He calls his followers sisters and add sister into everything. It is his brand. FWIW he can get straight trade, he gets DMs from hot married straight guys who want to have sex all the time.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2019 1:19 PM

Judy Garland called from the beyond and wants her hairstyle back.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2019 1:27 PM

[quote]He is a kid, and doesn't choose his words right

Not a very good quality for an "influencer."

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2019 1:31 PM

R12 That's her brother sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2019 1:35 PM

r34 He knows his makeup, which is his bread and butter.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2019 1:40 PM

I have never heard of this 'influencer'.

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2019 1:41 PM

quote]He knows his makeup, which is his bread and butter.

And yet in OP's pic his makeup looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2019 1:43 PM

[bold]He fucked a vagina[/bold], of course he is not gay. [bold]He is actually right[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2019 2:13 PM

Alright folks, here's the truth:"

1. As anyone post-puberty instinctively knows, females cannot "identify" their way into a gay males' dating pool, because gay males are attracted to the same SEX (not same gender).

2. There is ZERO chance that this makeup twink will EVER be with a female, "trans man" or "straight woman." This is obviously a branding move! His market is virtually 100% under-20's, and if that market demanded their idols be interested in "fill in the blank," then he would pretend to be interested in that too. Do you think he can just come out and say "Dicks only, please <3!" No, he's playing the game, but I guarantee that will NEVER translate to actually fucking a trans.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2019 2:48 PM

“Rose” Dommu is pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2019 3:18 PM

Bwahahahaha ha ha HA @ the pic at r10.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2019 3:21 PM

I see him as asexual anyway. I can’t imagine him in any kind of sexual situation. He’s a nelly clown for teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2019 3:21 PM

[quote]Dommu says he had "facial feminization surgery", but he still looks like a dude to me.

The only “facial feminization” on this little porker is thanks to his daily stop at Popeye’s.

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2019 3:28 PM

She's one step away from being Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2019 5:40 PM

Apparently he got caught giving head on the ferris wheel at Coachella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 17, 2019 12:24 AM

Men don’t have vaginas.

by Anonymousreply 47April 17, 2019 12:33 AM

Can’t you just use a strap-on like lesbians do?

by Anonymousreply 48April 17, 2019 12:33 AM

His YT channel has 16 million subscribers

His sponsor paid for his VIP stay at Coachella— that included VIP treatment for his 11 friends, too

by Anonymousreply 49April 17, 2019 12:49 AM

What an obnoxious story in r46:

[quote]The video itself is ripped from Instagram and shows two figures, presumptively male-identified, engaged in a rousing bout of oral sex in what they assumed was a private moment away from the crowd.

PRESUMPTIVELY MALE-IDENTIFIED - where are the screeching Twitter/Reddit people to explode over the assumption of gender?! What if they were non-binary!!! It's literal violence!! (Also is presumptively even a fucking word?)

by Anonymousreply 50April 17, 2019 2:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 17, 2019 2:18 AM

They used the Godfather font and logo for what reason exactly?

by Anonymousreply 52April 17, 2019 2:19 AM

How very "full gay" of him.

by Anonymousreply 53April 17, 2019 2:25 AM

At least he is right, trans men aren't men. I can't imagine him having sex with anyone, he looks like a clown.

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2019 2:35 AM

Looks like a younger, thinner Dina Martina.

by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2019 2:48 AM

This is why I can’t watch [italic]Shameless[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2019 2:52 AM

Lol, he thinks he is a ‘Kinsey 5’? This is a potential trans in my opinion; watch out for his/her coming out in a couple of years. A Kinsey 5 who *only wants to Fuck str8 identified men. Indeed he has gone on record as saying he isn’t interested in gay men. Why isn’t he being called out for his homophobia as much as his ‘transphobia’? It’s outrageous that he acknowledges that pussy is female, but it isn’t that he doesn’t want to fuck gay men because he doesn’t think they are masculine enough? He has stated this, I’m not putting words in his mouth btw

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2019 6:46 AM

Re R16/R17: imagine going to all that trouble and then STILL looking like a warthog.

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2019 6:56 AM
by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2019 6:59 AM

[quote] he gets DMs from hot married straight guys who want to have sex all the time.

He gets DMs from [italic]closeted gay and bisexual guys[/italic].

There, R32, fixed it for you.

(Adult straight men don't chase cock, just like adult gay men don't chase pussy).

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2019 7:20 AM

With an attitude like how you described, R57, he may as well be posting here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2019 7:22 AM

If that fug Jeffree Star can get a hot 'straight' guy, then I don't see why James Charles can't. Is he lazy? Afraid of commitment? Batshit crazy?

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2019 8:00 AM

R32 Is that really true? He's never had a BF and constantly tweets how lonely he is.

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2019 8:03 AM

I’m not surprised that guys would actually go after this YouTube influencer. Don’t you all know? People will fuck anyone famous these days.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2019 9:09 AM

Didn't he go on a date with Aaron while he was still with Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2019 9:29 AM

He has massive eyebrows.

That's a deal breaker for me.

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2019 11:23 AM

[quote]Don’t you all know? People will fuck anyone famous these days.

This guy is "famous"? Fame certainly isn't what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2019 1:58 PM

Tr*nsph*b** is not a real prejudice. Homophobia is.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2019 2:16 PM

Not true

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2019 12:13 AM

He looks like a transman.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2019 12:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!