Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hold me David!

An Indiana judge will rule soon on whether to release five cassette tapes of secretly recorded conversations between South Bend police officers that led to the 2012 demotion of Police Chief Darryl Boykins, the city’s first ever black police chief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2019 4:58 AM

He's going down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 7:13 PM

Oh Chris hold me

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 7:49 PM

I was hoping for a filthy sex tape but this is even better. The "perfect gay" is a little o'l racist. LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 8:06 PM

But was it racism, or were there legitimate reasons for demoting the Police Chief based on his job performance?

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 8:08 PM

It's racism. It's over for Pete. Find a new deity to worship, boys!

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 8:13 PM

Well, R5, it sure as fuck won't be ancient, cranky and ineffective Bernie, creepy Uncle Joe or schoolmarm Warren...

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 8:19 PM

The kremlin is hard at work. Divide and conquer.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 8:41 PM

Did any of you even read it? The incident happened before he was even Mayor. Buttigieg had nothing to do with the original incident, he's being pressured to release the tapes before a judge gives the okay.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 8:52 PM

You fucked up again, Vlad!

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 8:54 PM

R7 that’s exactly right. That’s all they want is for us to fight each other.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 8:54 PM

"In a court filing, Boykins argued that Buttigieg had used the taping scandal as an excuse to get rid of him. Boykins said that since Buttigieg had been elected, the top three ranking African-American officials in the city had retired, been forced out or demoted. The men who replaced them, Boykins said, were white.

“The Mayor seized the ‘tape scandal’ to make a clean sweep of the heretofore African American leadership in South Bend,” Boykins’s tort claim says."

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 8:56 PM

With the Criminal In Chief in the WH, it's high hilarity that you fruit loops think this will change anything.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 8:56 PM

R8 Who cares when it took place? The Kavanaugh circus showed we can go all the way back to high school to find shit. Likewise with Mitt Romney and the equally fake story about him cutting the hair of a gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 8:56 PM

[quote] The Kavanaugh circus showed we can go all the way back to high school to find shit.

Yeah, that dirt they dug up on Kavanaugh really derailed his...oh wait.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 8:57 PM

Pete is the establishment's last chance at stopping Bernie. They won't let him go down without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 8:59 PM

R14 At least this time we have recordings which is more than a bad actress sipping coke and talking in a squeaky AOC voice.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 8:59 PM

Even worse! I hear he is an elitist windsurfer...nothing like our man of the people Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 9:00 PM

R16 They're not tapes of Pete. The controversy is about the actions he did or didn't take in response to them.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote]Pete is the establishment's last chance at stopping Bernie.

Pete is part of 'the establishment'?

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 9:02 PM

SJW will do the Republicans work for them.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote] SJW will do the Republicans work for them.

Oh for fuck's sake. This isn't from anyone on the Left...and neither are you with that ridiculous bullshit term, SJW.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Gee, maybe we HAVE come far if the troll farms are going in the racist direction instead of, you know, fudgepacker extraordinaire.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2019 9:08 PM

I googled a bit after reading the story OP posted. It’s fairly convoluted due to a lot of conflicting stories and advice new Mayor Pete received. From what I gathered, this investigation was ongoing yet no one in the police dept thought to tell Mayor Pete. He only found out from the FBI. Supposedly, the one who informed him made it seem the city was liable as the recordings were illegal. So chief asked to resign, he does willingly, then his lawyer tells him it wasn’t illegal, so he wants his job back. Meanwhile, Mayor Pete is now told it may not have been illegal, so chief is demoted but returns to police. The racist cops who were fired also sue claiming the recordings were illegal. Looks like there’s conflicting legal opinion over whether even in a one party consent state, an employer can record employee telephone calls without the employees at least being informed all calls are subject to being recorders or monitored. See? Convoluted.

Anyway it appears the city or state attorney counsels the city to settle all the suits arising from these recodings, which Mayor Pete does. But because the question still remains about whether the recordings were legal - and if not, would these tapes open the city to further liability - Mayor Pete says he wants a judge to rule on the legality of the recordings before they’re released.

Something else to consider, if the cops were talking smack about the black police chief and using racist language, even plotting to remove him with the new mayor (Pete), I’m betting they weren’t using polite language discussing their new gay mayor.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2019 9:26 PM

I think I read somewhere that Mayor Pete considers the whole mess the worst misstep of his career as mayor.

I rather hope there's something at least a little smudgy about it, so he can get out ahead of it and fix it NOW. And yes, this is a mountain out of a molehill, as is just about everything else they dig up about any of the Ds compared to the current DC shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2019 10:08 PM

Hold me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2019 10:52 PM

Mayor Pete was in a rough position on this, the Chief of Police had wired tapped the phones and recorded conversations, since he was not part of those conversations that was an illegal act. The police officers who were recorded went to court to keep the tapes from being made public while others wanted them released. If Mayor Pete has release the tapes he might have been committing a crime, he wanted legal cover and a court order or ruling to release the tapes. Everyone involved sued everyone else including the city. Mayor Pete is not accused of any wrong doing here but the city spend a ton of money settling law suits.

by Anonymousreply 26April 16, 2019 1:09 AM

Mayor Pete did not make any racist comments that are on the tape. They were said by officers before he was Mayor. It's not the deed that involves or will embarrass him, it's the cover up. It's always the cover up.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2019 1:12 AM

But there was no cover up. He wanted a judge to rule on whether or not it was legal. He wasn't trying to say anything didn't happen. Everyone knew about the tapes. It's just a matter of whether or not the tapes, which happened before he was mayor, were legal and should be released.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2019 1:22 AM

Meh, who cares when we already have a major racist in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2019 1:25 AM

Here's Pete addressing a question about it...go to 1:17 mark to hear during the "All Lives Matter" quote that came back to haunt him.

I think he handled the question really well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2019 1:43 AM

The Russian Troll Farms are right on time the the Pete Interview on TV. Look Boris and Natasha, don't you have some old Hillary e-mails to dig up? You have now power here, you game has been exposed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2019 2:07 AM

[quote]Pete is part of 'the establishment'?

The poster meant that the establishment will use Pete to get rid of Bernie.

Not sure it makes more sense even so.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2019 2:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2019 2:56 AM

They were recorded in the men's room, and you can't hear Booty because he has his mouth full.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2019 4:02 AM

You bitch, R34.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2019 4:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!