Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hold me David!

An Indiana judge will rule soon on whether to release five cassette tapes of secretly recorded conversations between South Bend police officers that led to the 2012 demotion of Police Chief Darryl Boykins, the city’s first ever black police chief.

Secret tapes linger over Buttigieg's meteoric rise

Pete Buttigieg’s meteoric rise as a presidential candidate is putting a spotlight on his years as mayor of South Bend, Ind., including his demotion of an African-American police chief.  

by Anonymousreply 3504/15/2019

He's going down.

Image: Nuclear Explosion GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Found on Google from giphy.com

by Anonymousreply 104/15/2019

Oh Chris hold me

by Anonymousreply 204/15/2019

I was hoping for a filthy sex tape but this is even better. The "perfect gay" is a little o'l racist. LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 304/15/2019

But was it racism, or were there legitimate reasons for demoting the Police Chief based on his job performance?

by Anonymousreply 404/15/2019

It's racism. It's over for Pete. Find a new deity to worship, boys!

by Anonymousreply 504/15/2019

Well, R5, it sure as fuck won't be ancient, cranky and ineffective Bernie, creepy Uncle Joe or schoolmarm Warren...

by Anonymousreply 604/15/2019

The kremlin is hard at work. Divide and conquer.

by Anonymousreply 704/15/2019

Did any of you even read it? The incident happened before he was even Mayor. Buttigieg had nothing to do with the original incident, he's being pressured to release the tapes before a judge gives the okay.

by Anonymousreply 804/15/2019

You fucked up again, Vlad!

by Anonymousreply 904/15/2019

R7 that’s exactly right. That’s all they want is for us to fight each other.

by Anonymousreply 1004/15/2019

"In a court filing, Boykins argued that Buttigieg had used the taping scandal as an excuse to get rid of him. Boykins said that since Buttigieg had been elected, the top three ranking African-American officials in the city had retired, been forced out or demoted. The men who replaced them, Boykins said, were white.

“The Mayor seized the ‘tape scandal’ to make a clean sweep of the heretofore African American leadership in South Bend,” Boykins’s tort claim says."

by Anonymousreply 1104/15/2019

With the Criminal In Chief in the WH, it's high hilarity that you fruit loops think this will change anything.

by Anonymousreply 1204/15/2019

R8 Who cares when it took place? The Kavanaugh circus showed we can go all the way back to high school to find shit. Likewise with Mitt Romney and the equally fake story about him cutting the hair of a gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 1304/15/2019

[quote] The Kavanaugh circus showed we can go all the way back to high school to find shit.

Yeah, that dirt they dug up on Kavanaugh really derailed his...oh wait.

by Anonymousreply 1404/15/2019

Pete is the establishment's last chance at stopping Bernie. They won't let him go down without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 1504/15/2019

R14 At least this time we have recordings which is more than a bad actress sipping coke and talking in a squeaky AOC voice.

by Anonymousreply 1604/15/2019

Even worse! I hear he is an elitist windsurfer...nothing like our man of the people Trump.

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2019

R16 They're not tapes of Pete. The controversy is about the actions he did or didn't take in response to them.

by Anonymousreply 1804/15/2019

[quote]Pete is the establishment's last chance at stopping Bernie.

Pete is part of 'the establishment'?

by Anonymousreply 1904/15/2019

SJW will do the Republicans work for them.

by Anonymousreply 2004/15/2019

[quote] SJW will do the Republicans work for them.

Oh for fuck's sake. This isn't from anyone on the Left...and neither are you with that ridiculous bullshit term, SJW.

by Anonymousreply 2104/15/2019

Gee, maybe we HAVE come far if the troll farms are going in the racist direction instead of, you know, fudgepacker extraordinaire.

by Anonymousreply 2204/15/2019

I googled a bit after reading the story OP posted. It’s fairly convoluted due to a lot of conflicting stories and advice new Mayor Pete received. From what I gathered, this investigation was ongoing yet no one in the police dept thought to tell Mayor Pete. He only found out from the FBI. Supposedly, the one who informed him made it seem the city was liable as the recordings were illegal. So chief asked to resign, he does willingly, then his lawyer tells him it wasn’t illegal, so he wants his job back. Meanwhile, Mayor Pete is now told it may not have been illegal, so chief is demoted but returns to police. The racist cops who were fired also sue claiming the recordings were illegal. Looks like there’s conflicting legal opinion over whether even in a one party consent state, an employer can record employee telephone calls without the employees at least being informed all calls are subject to being recorders or monitored. See? Convoluted.

Anyway it appears the city or state attorney counsels the city to settle all the suits arising from these recodings, which Mayor Pete does. But because the question still remains about whether the recordings were legal - and if not, would these tapes open the city to further liability - Mayor Pete says he wants a judge to rule on the legality of the recordings before they’re released.

Something else to consider, if the cops were talking smack about the black police chief and using racist language, even plotting to remove him with the new mayor (Pete), I’m betting they weren’t using polite language discussing their new gay mayor.

by Anonymousreply 2304/15/2019

I think I read somewhere that Mayor Pete considers the whole mess the worst misstep of his career as mayor.

I rather hope there's something at least a little smudgy about it, so he can get out ahead of it and fix it NOW. And yes, this is a mountain out of a molehill, as is just about everything else they dig up about any of the Ds compared to the current DC shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2019

Hold me!

IMG 6547

Description

by Anonymousreply 2504/15/2019

Mayor Pete was in a rough position on this, the Chief of Police had wired tapped the phones and recorded conversations, since he was not part of those conversations that was an illegal act. The police officers who were recorded went to court to keep the tapes from being made public while others wanted them released. If Mayor Pete has release the tapes he might have been committing a crime, he wanted legal cover and a court order or ruling to release the tapes. Everyone involved sued everyone else including the city. Mayor Pete is not accused of any wrong doing here but the city spend a ton of money settling law suits.

by Anonymousreply 2604/15/2019

Mayor Pete did not make any racist comments that are on the tape. They were said by officers before he was Mayor. It's not the deed that involves or will embarrass him, it's the cover up. It's always the cover up.

by Anonymousreply 2704/15/2019

But there was no cover up. He wanted a judge to rule on whether or not it was legal. He wasn't trying to say anything didn't happen. Everyone knew about the tapes. It's just a matter of whether or not the tapes, which happened before he was mayor, were legal and should be released.

by Anonymousreply 2804/15/2019

Meh, who cares when we already have a major racist in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 2904/15/2019

Here's Pete addressing a question about it...go to 1:17 mark to hear during the "All Lives Matter" quote that came back to haunt him.

I think he handled the question really well.

Mayor Pete Buttigieg on Demoted Black Police Chief & Saying All Lives Matter

2020 presidential candidate and South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg responds to Make It Plain host Matsimela Mapfumo-Mark Thompson's question about demo...

by Anonymousreply 3004/15/2019

The Russian Troll Farms are right on time the the Pete Interview on TV. Look Boris and Natasha, don't you have some old Hillary e-mails to dig up? You have now power here, you game has been exposed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3104/15/2019

[quote]Pete is part of 'the establishment'?

The poster meant that the establishment will use Pete to get rid of Bernie.

Not sure it makes more sense even so.

by Anonymousreply 3204/15/2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3304/15/2019

They were recorded in the men's room, and you can't hear Booty because he has his mouth full.

by Anonymousreply 3404/15/2019

You bitch, R34.

by Anonymousreply 3504/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!