Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cooling Fan Recommendations

I’m Looking for recommendations for a modern style fan that looks nice but does a great job of cooling my bedroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2019 4:27 PM

That won’t cool your bedroom. Instead it will just move around ambient air. I assume you did not mean to use the word “cool“.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 5:58 PM

Is that Dyson fan worth the outrageous price?

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 6:01 PM

OP I have that Dyson fan and it does, indeed cool the room. I use it in my bedroom at night in Spring through to Autumn - have just put it away until October.

I live in Sydney where the heat and humidity at night can be oppressive and the Dyson lets me sleep right through. It’s also quieter than a conventional fan - not silent, but getting there.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 6:01 PM

Get a Lasko. Best fan (and heater in the winter) I've ever had.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 6:02 PM

AmazonBasics has some nice, very inexpensive ones. I have the original Dyson fan/space heater (blue/dark gray) for my bedroom, but this is for the living room (rabbit lives there so I put it in front of the air conditioner).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 6:03 PM

Like that

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 6:43 PM

The reviews on that one are poor

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 6:44 PM

It is impossible for a fan to cool a room, r3.

It is possible for fan to evaporate sweat off human skin, thereby cooling a person, but a fan has no refrigerant in it. Without refrigerant, no cooling a room.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 7:58 PM

Thanks for the input on the Dyson fan, R3. Did you get the "air multiplier"? It's a very cool-looking fan (no pun intended). I like that it's probably really easy to clean.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 9:17 PM

This should do nicely for you, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 16, 2019 7:08 AM

Buy the Dyson if you have the money. I love mine but I got it for free.

by Anonymousreply 11April 16, 2019 7:12 AM

The reviews for Dyson are lukewarm

by Anonymousreply 12April 16, 2019 9:55 AM

Cheap box fan in the window turned outward to act as an exhaust, sucking the hot air out of the room. That's all you need, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13April 16, 2019 12:54 PM

The Dyson fan in OP's pic is noisy although they can blow heated or cold air, makes then useful year round. I have 2 of those and hardly use them. The fan with the rounded design is quieter.

by Anonymousreply 14April 16, 2019 1:16 PM

I bought the other AmazonBasics. It's fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 16, 2019 1:29 PM

thank god this shitty thread is done.

by Anonymousreply 16April 16, 2019 1:30 PM

Ceiling fans work

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2019 4:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!