Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chelsea Handler Defends Kevin Hart over Oscars Controversy: ‘We’ve All Made Mistakes’

And he's changed, according to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 6:32 PM

This is a non issue. The Oscars are over with.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 5:13 PM

Once again, as long as this straight woman is okay with it, things are fine.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 5:14 PM

Does she have an opinion on Nixon at all?

Stay relevant, Chelsea!

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 5:15 PM

Comics defend other comics like Deplorables defend Trump. They couldn't care less about what the person said, facts don't matter, all that matters is comics don't have to take responsibility for squat, ever.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 5:17 PM

R4 Tell that to CK Louis, Michael Richards and others who have had their careers destroyed by the Twitter mob.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 5:18 PM

Exactly r4, plus you get PC brownie points for defending a black man, and pretending you're a big fan of his crappy movies

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 5:19 PM

What comic's been taken down for being a homophobe? Comics know they still get a free pass for that.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 5:20 PM

She likes black dick.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 5:23 PM

[quote][R4] Tell that to CK Louis, Michael Richards and others who have had their careers destroyed by the Twitter mob.

Michael Richards was pre-Twitter and has worked since. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 5:24 PM

Several comedians did defend Louis CK.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 5:36 PM

R9 Barely. And I don't need to fuck off because I got fucked this morning. Thanks for the thought however. Maybe you could try sex sometime. You'd probably be a lot less of a cunt on here.

R10 Let me know when his movie with Chloe Grace Moretz comes out.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 5:49 PM

It's true a lot of celebs defend each other

also though, if something doesn't greatly affect you, you're more likely to not follow all the details.

IMO a lot of the people defending Hart are not aware of the facts. What they read is, someone pulled up tweets from around 10 years ago and this led to the Academy demanding he apologize which he didn't do. They also read that his explanation was he already apologized "several times" so he didn't feel the need to again.

So a lot of those people do not know Hart was lying. He never apologized for those tweets. The only big article in which he had previously addressed his homophobia was that 2015 Rolling Stone article. That however was about his homophobic "stand up joke", not the tweets. The tweets were not widely known until that guy on twitter found them. Also, Hart did not apologize for the homophobic stand up joke in that 2015 Rolling Stone article. He simply said he wouldn't tell those kinds of "jokes" again because "times are more sensitive and people like to make a big deal out of something that isn't." That is not an apology but you can see how people who took Hart's explanation this past winter as facts wouldn't know that.

I think if more people knew that Hart had never previously apologized for the stand up routine and the tweets that they might feel differently.

I do think gay people should be forgiving to those who have shown sincere change but Hart never showed that. Deciding to stop doing something because he knows it looks bad and isn't socially acceptable anymore is not the same as apologizing. The quick, bs apology his publicist likely wrote for him after he stepped down from the Oscars hosting gig is what he should have put out immediately when the controversy arose and I probably would have forgiven him.

Then the fallout with Don Lemon, refusing to appear on his show and only talking off-record, Don asked on his show if he'd consider being an lgbt ally. Hart responded on his radio show a couple days later "it's not my dream to be the ally of lgbt people". That's not forgivable IMO and I refuse to watch any of his films from here on out.

but again, for most hetero people who know of this story, they're not greatly affected by homophobia and thus didn't follow it closely so they do not know most of the facts. Ellen and Andy Cohen did not help as they gave Hart their stamp of approval. If you look on social media though, most gay twitter and instagram users did not agree with those 2

Just like a lot of white people do not care about most controversies/cases involving racism and often dismiss it, most straight people don't care about homophobia to the same degree we gays do.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 6:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!