Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg is now the favorite to win the democratic primaries

OMG. I can't breathe. Please let this happen baby jesus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2019 10:20 PM

Hey, America has surprised me before. I hope it does again. He is an excellent candidate.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 4:57 PM

Does he speak any of the same languages Melania supposedly does (English is obviously not one of them)? I'd like to see that attempted conversation.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 4:59 PM

It’s “I can’t breath” you cunt

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 4:59 PM

Sure, he may win the nomination. Win in November? Not a chance.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 5:00 PM

Andrew Yang before Beto and Warren? That doesn't sound ridiculous at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 5:01 PM

This is all very pointless speculation at this point.

We don't know who all the candidates will be.

If you look at history this early on a lot of the "front runners" weren't the nominee in both parties. Howard Dean, Herman Cain, Paul Tsongas, Jeb Bush, Gary Hart, Wesley Clark, etc, etc....

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 5:03 PM

Yes, so Mitch can bamboozle another president out of a vote for his SCOTUS appointee, because of the president's lack of political experience.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 5:08 PM

He rocked his candidacy speech but I found Pete disappointing with Bill Maher during the one on one sit down.

Its going to be a roller coaster ride to the end for all candidates. Just hope they stay civil.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 5:10 PM

Why, R4? Trump has done absolutely nothing to expand his base. And can you imagine a debate between Trump and Pete? Pete would win handily and come out smiling.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 5:11 PM

Gore and Kerry beat GWB in the debates.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 5:15 PM

Pete is the only one who only mentions Trump when he has to. The boxing match didn't go so great for Hillary , so I think this is the right way to go. Focus on what you want to do, not the crazy old man.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 5:16 PM

Is that a gambling site, Op?

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 5:19 PM

Favorite...at one point in time according to PredictIt users. But even then, the candidates people buy aren’t necessarily who they think will be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 5:20 PM

They've got Beto below Yang? I have a really hard time taking any of those odds seriously. Let's see how things shake out in six months. We're still 8 months out from the Iowa caucus.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 5:22 PM

Beto bottoms for Yang

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 5:36 PM

Love to see this, hope he stays up there!

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 5:36 PM

R3: LOL

Can't Breathe Can't Breathe Can't Breathe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 5:40 PM

Am I missing something? It's just PredictIt, not a poll, right?

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 5:42 PM

Yeah, I mean it's cool that Buttigieg is getting a lot of buzz right now, but that's all this is really measuring, I think.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 5:44 PM

Typical, the mayor of a city, but a male, as opposed to qualified women, Warren and Kloubacher, because one fibbed, perhaps honestly, about being "Injun," and the other is a bit of a bitch.

Why does Buttigieg think that one of the most pressing issues facing the US is that little boys don't get to swing their dicks in the little girls' room? He had a few minute on Maher and that is what he brought up?

What about the little girls? Don't they get a say in whether they want to see a penis when they themselves are naked?

This shows that Buttigieg has no fucking concept of what he's taking about and is just going with what he thinks will sell.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2019 5:50 PM

Another trans troll ignored.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 5:56 PM

Another child who sticks his fingers in his ears and sings, "I can't hear you." = R21

Mark my words: transgender taking women's spaces in athletics, demanding entry to women's private spaces and getting it, changing the laws so that there is no legal category for women or gays, and spaying gay kids with life-destroying drugs, will be an issue in the next election.

Buttigieg is a patsy, saying what he thinks Americans want to hear, when, in fact, he and the other Democrats who have completely lost touch with what Americans care about, will ensure that Bozo the President "wins"

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2019 6:00 PM

R20 Take trans bashing elsewhere. Your pussy is safe.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2019 6:03 PM

Gay bashing and women bashing are ok?

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2019 6:04 PM

Why was OP's post FFd (it has a strikethrough)? It's as benign as a political post can be, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2019 6:12 PM

This week he is. Then next week there will be a new flashing toy to get everyone's attention.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2019 6:15 PM

R25 Blame it on bernie bots. I am the op of The claws are out thread too and it was greyed out too because jt was criticizing Bernie

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2019 6:16 PM

No. He is not.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2019 6:17 PM

That sucks, OP. :(

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2019 6:20 PM

Pete ain't promising all those free goodies like Bernie does. And Bernie would never vote for sanctions on Putin. And who better to take care of your money than Jane?

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2019 6:21 PM

r22, Trans rights are part of the Democratc platform. Warren and Harris support trans girls going to the bathroom too. It's not like that opinions specific to Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2019 6:22 PM

R31 And that's why not one of those three has a hope in hell of winning in 2020. They're all about raising their profile and hoping to score a book deal and/or a TV gig. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2019 6:24 PM

[quote]trans girls

"Trans girls" are boys.

I know all the other Dems support it, but a gay man should be aware that this is a strongly homophobic ideological push.

It is a real con that they are getting gay people, women, and "liberals" to support something so homophobic, sexist, anti-science and seriously harmful to minors.

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2019 6:28 PM

[Quote]have a really hard time taking any of those odds seriously.

They shouldn't be taken seriously, just tells the opinion of the user base of the website, which are primarily young males.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2019 6:35 PM

I really can't see a gay man inspiring black voters.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2019 6:41 PM

A gay man with me on the ticket will help 35!

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2019 7:31 PM

I was just watching AM Joy the other day. They had some black guy n saying the reason Buttigieg is getting attention s because he's gay and the reason Warren isn't is because she's a woman. The ignorance is astounding among liberals. If Pete wasn't polling well would they say it was because he was gay, going to bat defending him? Reminded me why hate her and her show

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2019 8:06 PM

(37). I am the opposite. I ignored him because he was gay. Yes, I am ashamed of that. When I finally heard him speak yesterday, I got behind everything he said. I like his ideas and demeanor. So refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2019 8:10 PM

R25, because his post is disingenuous. Mayor Pete isn't actually favored to win the dem primary by any polling done so far. He's gaining popularity, but he's still a distant 4th or 5th in actual polls.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2019 8:11 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2019 10:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!