Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How long didnit take you to get used to being alone?

For those who’ve remained alone after a divorce or break up, how long did it take you to get used to being alone?

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2019 2:37 PM

You never get used to it because you were not designed to be solitary.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 3:34 PM

About 2 days. I hated me ex and realized how freeing it was to live my own life.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 3:34 PM

Being single doesn’t mean you’re completely solitary. That’s sad to think such. Quit watching romantic comedies.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 3:38 PM

No romance in r3’s life!

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 3:40 PM

Last time I spent time being single, I loved every second. I had wanted out of the relationship that I'd been in FOREVER, been miserable listening to his ranting and raving, paying his bills, dealing with his bullshit. Took it as long as I could and peace the fuck out! Felt so good, SO FREE, right afterward.

I'm paired up now and happy with him but thankful to have had my single time. Enjoy both, OP!

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 3:53 PM

Single for many years after a 20 year relationship. It wasn’t a good relationship and I believed for a long time that I must be designed to be solitary because I thrived on my own. I never had to get used to it because it seemed to be my natural state.

However now that I am old, I feel I am missing out by not having a true companion. But I made my choices and overall am happy.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 4:01 PM

About 2.5 years.

I'm just running out the clock now, waiting to die.

I'm 43. Hope it doesn't take too long.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 4:04 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 8April 16, 2019 2:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!