Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How closely are you following the Democratic candidates for President?

There are so many, and I've been paying some attention, but reluctant to give them my full consideration until a likely frontrunner emerges. I'm also registered with no party affiliation in a closed primary state with a late primary, so I don't feel I have a real say in who gets the nominee, but am of course interested and want the best possible nominee to emerge.

Who or what are you paying attention to? Do you vote in an early primary? Will you support any Democratic candidate that runs against the GOP candidate (likely Trump)?

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2019 1:53 AM

Care to explain why you care but haven’t changed your registration? You have a year - more or less - before the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 12:01 PM

I notice I pay more attention and follow closely the candidates that excite me. If I didn't feel anything about any of them I'd probably wait for the general election and vote dutifully for the one who made the primaries. But currently I find three very interesting, if not exciting candidates in the running. So, yes, I am watching closely and vote and support as early as possible.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 12:33 PM

My state's primary isn't until late April, R1. Why not suggest that I move to a state with an earlier primary as well?

I'm not registered with either party, for reasons beyond being able to vote in a closed primary. If I was in a state that was more likely to steer the course of the nomination, I would register as a Democrat (although I have considered registering as a Republican for 2022 to primary Pat Toomey, the rat bastard GOP Senator here in PA). That being said, I vote in every general election, and I'll vote this spring because there is a special election for my Member of Congress.

I don't pay a lot of attention this early, as many other voters in other states will likely determine the course of the Democratic nomination. I just wondered if all voters are paying close attention to this diverse field or will only pay attention to those who might actually appear on their ballot (like me).

Of course if the nomination is still in play come April 2020 (and it may be), it'll be a lesson learned. You can come by and roundly chastise me R1.

by Anonymousreply 3April 16, 2019 1:41 AM

None are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4April 16, 2019 1:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!