Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who was the most evil First Lady/Queen Consort in history?

Was it Madame Mao?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 21, 2019 7:04 PM

Nah- she was a good left-winger. I'd vote for Madame Chiang Kai-shek

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 7:50 AM

In a cage death match between Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan, Babs would win easily.

She was strong and vicious, that woman.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 8:39 AM

Nancy Reagan

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 9:37 AM

Margaret Trudeau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 11:00 AM

Cersei Lannister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 11:02 AM

The first two I thought of was Madame Chiang Kai-shek and Nancy Reagan. Though Nancy was a mean-spirited woman and defender of her dear Ronny, Madame Chiang Kai-shek is the clear winner. The stories of when she visited Washington D.C. are legendary. Eleanor Roosevelt couldn't stand her because of her demands and imperial attitude. Wish I could remember the story about this picture of the two of them. (See link below.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 11:52 AM

This bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 12:35 PM

Madame Chiang’s father, Charlie Soong, was one of the richest men in China, his fortune built on printing bibles in Chinese. He came to the US to work for his uncle and eventually joined the precursor to the Coast Guard. After ending up in Wilmington, NC he converted to Christianity and attended Duke to become a Methodist missionary in China.

Madame Chiang was educated in Georgia and spoke English with a beautifully lilting, Southern accent. While Mrs, Roosevelt may not have liked her, she charmed the men in Congress when she addressed a joint session in a successful attempt to gain support for the Nationalists after WWII.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 1:26 PM

Isabel Peron had it all over Eva. Until Andrew Lloyd Pedo's biography contradicted me I had a theory that he and Tim Rice had originally started writing their musical about Isabel until it was pointed out to them that she was still alive and could thus cause big trouble for them. The line "When will the chorus girl ever learn?" applies more to Isabel, who actually was one, than to Eva, who wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 1:30 PM

Madam Nhu, former First Lady of Vietnam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 1:40 PM

What's with all the Asians on this thread

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 1:45 PM

Madame Chiang kai Shel lived til 2003! She was 105 when she died, wow

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 1:47 PM

Empress Dowager Cixi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 1:55 PM

Just wait!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 2:01 PM

No love for Imelda Marcos?

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 2:16 PM

Most women mentioned here were just plain old bitches, not evil. They have nothing on Madame Mao - that's the woman who was behind the Cultural Revolution, for Confucius' sake!

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 2:29 PM

Somebody's got to say it. Babs was the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 2:39 PM

Probably Madame Mao, in terms of lives lost.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 2:42 PM

First Lady, convinced it's Barbara Bush.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 2:48 PM

Uhmm Her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2019 2:56 PM

R20 Great pick. I know she was a seething cunt but the video of her express trial and execution is still pretty shocking to watch. It almost made me feel sorry for her and her husband a bit...almost!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 3:50 PM

Melania the birther

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2019 3:52 PM

Bar Bush, first.

Nancy Reagan, second.

Everyone else can fight over third.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2019 3:54 PM

Queen Mum. Greedy, entitled, intolerant and she never brushed her teeth. Dragon lady with dragon breath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2019 4:06 PM

My favorite Ceausescu story (if there is such a thing): Buckingham Palace got a call from the French government warning them about the Ceausescu's sticky fingers. Apparently, numerous items went missing from the places they visited. So, Betty had to hide the valuables during the British leg of their European tour. How very ironic since the British aristocracy had to hide their valuables when Queen Elizabeth's grandmother the dowager Queen Mary. She was known as a collector who like to fill gaps in her collection from the stately homes she visited.

[quote]It said that before the couple arrived in London on the next leg of a European tour, former French President Valery Giscard d'Estaing telephoned Buckingham Palace to warn Queen Elizabeth.

[quote]Giscard d'Estaing described how lamps, vases, ashtrays and bathroom fittings had been removed. "It was as if burglars had moved in for a whole summer," he told the BBC.

[quote]Ceausescu's security officials also reportedly gouged holes in the walls looking for bugging devices.

[quote]The queen ordered palace security officers to keep a close watch on the couple. The program said the queen later described the visit as the worst three days of her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2019 4:14 PM

Well there are a good many decent candidates: Catherine the Great, Imelda Marcos, Marie Antoinette, and leave us not forget the Medicis . . .

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2019 4:45 PM

R24 At least Queen Mom loved her gays, you gotta give her that.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2019 4:52 PM

r26, I would call them indecent candidates.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2019 4:54 PM

Rosmah and her Bijan bags

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2019 4:57 PM

Marie Antoinette was not remotely evil. She was just rather dim.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2019 4:59 PM

Rosmah Mansor is ugly both inside and out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2019 5:05 PM

In [R6]...is Eleanor Roosevelt giving Madame...the finger? lol

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2019 5:25 PM

R30 - I'll stipulate to that. But intentionally or not, she did damage . . . You could say the same about the last Tsarina of Russia - not intentionally evil but her stupidity, and her husband's, led to suffering.

Margaret of Anjou, in her time as Queen of England, was much hated and managed to do quite a bit of damage, as well.

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2019 5:34 PM

Margaret was supposedly a major bitch, but it could be argued that she did what she did to preserve her husband's throne and her son's succession.

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2019 6:00 PM

R34 - She did much more than that - a great many people died for her ambition.

Margaret ruled the kingdom in Henry's place due to his mental instability. It was Margaret who called for a Great Council that excluded the Yorkist faction. This helped to spark a civil conflict that lasted for more than 30 years, decimated the old nobility of England, and caused the deaths of thousands of men, including her only son Edward of Westminster, Prince of Wales, at the Battle of Tewkesbury.

She spilled a great deal of blood. She didn't start the Wars of the Roses, Henry Bolingbroke seeded it when he usurped the throne of Richard II, but she ignited it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2019 6:42 PM

I think a lot of you are confusing bitchiness for evilness. Was Babs Bush or Nancy Reagan really "evil?" Some of you act like Ronald Reagan wanted to come out strong in support of gays dying of AIDS and Nancy said no.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2019 8:09 PM

Catherine de' Medici is pretty notorious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2019 8:13 PM

R37 - I agree. I think she'd be in the Top Five of any such list.

And let us not forget Livia, the wife of Augustus, first emperor of Rome, and her string of murders and schemes to put her own son Tiberius on the throne.

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2019 8:26 PM

Pat Nixon because it is always safe to blame it on Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2019 8:37 PM

Lucretia Borgia.

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2019 8:54 PM

Salome!

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2019 8:58 PM

I’d give Madame Mao the crown as the most evil consort, period. While some of the others listed were indeed evil, by and large most were just bitches.

I would disagree tho with the inclusion of Dowager Empress Xici and Livia in the category “evil”. The latter is only thought of as evil due to Graves’ series of fictional books presented as Emperor Claudius’ secret history of his family. The former was vilified in life and death by so called “historians” who have subsequently been proven to be frauds, having made up the claims made against Xici.

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Clearly Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2019 9:15 PM

Melania

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2019 9:23 PM

Queen Diana Ross, of the Kingdom of Motown

by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2019 9:53 PM

Melanie, Barbara and Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 46April 15, 2019 10:19 PM

Imelda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 15, 2019 11:26 PM

Madame Chiang Kai-Shek lived in my friend's building, 10 Gracie Square in New York. She must have had over 20 servants and security people. I saw her several times. She travelled in a black Lincoln Town Car surrounded by 2 SUVs. She was tiny but very aware. Her daughter lived on Fifth ave, 1120, I think. They had a big estate in Oyster Bay on Long Island. She was considered at one time to be the richest and most powerful woman in the world.

by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2019 11:27 PM

If we are talking about first ladies. My two friends in the Secret Service, who served through Ford to Clinton say Nancy was the worst. They didn't have any problem with Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2019 11:56 PM

Cleopatra, consort to Cesar, got her political career of to a great start by having her brother/husband killed.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2019 2:01 AM

Livia of Rome definitely, as well as the very young Messalina, Claudius's third wife. His last wife, Aggarapina, as well. And since we're going ancient, Herodias, Salome's mother. Jezebel, wife of Ahab of Israel, another. Their daughter, Athaliah, became queen of Judea and was also notorious, killed around the same time as mama. Certain historical records indicate a doubt that they were related, but my early biblical teaching indicated that they were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2019 2:11 AM

Cleopatra had both of her brothers and her sister Arsinoe killed

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2019 2:25 AM

This one just died and seems pretty evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2019 3:20 AM

Isabella of France, queen consort of Edward II of England, who played a principal part in the deposition and murder of her husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2019 3:50 AM

Eleanor of Aquitaine probably belongs on this list.

Anne Boleyn was a royal bitch.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2019 4:08 AM

R54 Also known as "She-Wolf of France".

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2019 4:11 AM

R56 Her son, Edward III, later avenged his father's death by executing her lover and accomplice, Roger Mortimer.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2019 4:20 AM

…...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2019 3:33 AM

Ahem!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 17, 2019 3:41 AM

What did Eleanor do that was evil? Anne Boleyn was a major cunt to Katherine of Aragon, but girl was just trying to get by

by Anonymousreply 60April 17, 2019 3:43 AM

Actual classical Roman historians almost unanimously believe Livia of the Claudii killed no one at all. That she might have was the invention of Tacitus, then repeated by Robert Graves--in both cases, for melodramatic effect.

Just because it was on a popular dramatic BBC show version from the 1970s of Graves's novel does not mean it was accurate. You queens should know better.

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2019 3:50 AM

Elena Ceausescu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2019 3:51 AM

Amatures .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2019 4:04 AM

r63, read r61.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2019 4:10 AM

R64 read Suetonius and don't touch the figs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote]If we are talking about first ladies. My two friends in the Secret Service, who served through Ford to Clinton say Nancy was the worst. They didn't have any problem with Barbara.

Nancy was a screamer. She'd scream, berate, and belittle employees - she enjoyed trying to destroy people. Nancy would even scream at her family and Ronnie to satisfy her sadistic urges - and when she started screamed Ronnie reportedly just sat and blinked.

Bar was more of a schemer - who raised some incredibly dysfunctional children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2019 5:53 AM

My God, what happened to Nancy's legs in r66's pic?

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2019 6:49 AM

R67 That's what happens if you spend half your life down on your knees.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2019 6:51 AM

Babara Bush was a cunt, but I don’t think she was evil.

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2019 7:38 AM

Please: Medea owns this thread. But kudos to the poster who remembered Snow White's stepmother.

by Anonymousreply 70April 17, 2019 3:55 PM

R63 Sian Phillips was amazing as Livia, but a few years later, playing a vain Greek Queen, she was a bit kinder, but made a horrible mistake in the temple of the Goddess Thetis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 17, 2019 3:59 PM

R63 Sian Phillips was amazing as Livia, but a few years later, playing a vain Greek Queen, she was a bit kinder, but made a horrible mistake in the temple of the Goddess Thetis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 17, 2019 3:59 PM

This is pretty awful:

On November 17th 1981 at around 3 a.m. (considered “the devil’s hour” by many Filipinos), scaffolding of the upper floor of the film center collapsed. Some of the workers were impaled on steel bars, some were completely buried in rubble, while others were trapped in quick-drying cement from the waist down.

According to legend, Imelda believed that rescuing the corpses would only delay her project. Thus, Betty Benitez, the project supervisor, ordered cement to be poured over the victims instead. Rumors say that around 168 men were buried alive. It was only after 10 hours that press and official rescuers were allowed access to the scene.

by Anonymousreply 73April 17, 2019 6:11 PM

R73 That is really horrifying. She must have been reading the biography of Vlad the Impaler and Elisabeth Bathory during that time.

by Anonymousreply 74April 17, 2019 6:32 PM

However horrible the Marcoses were, and they were, the Aquino family, who the US media worshipped , was much worse. Benigno Aquino Sr was the collaborationist Vice President under Laurel and the Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 75April 17, 2019 10:16 PM

R60, what Eleanor of Aquataine did that was evil, was to push her sons to rebel against their father. Her husband King Henry II was one of England's more brilliant monarchs, he devoted much of his reign to establishing the rule of law rather than the whim of the monarch. But at some point Eleanor had enough of being his wife, and pushed their sons to start a civil war in an attempt to depose him. Henry won, and kept Eleanor in a series of palace prisons for the rest of her life. That's the situation we see when we re-watch "Game of Thrones".

Of course, that's the only thing I hold against Eleanor, well, maybe participating in the Crusades was also bad but she was hardly alone in that. But I admire her for the "courtly love" thing, I wish every girl got a chance to ditch the king of France for the king of England, and if she helped take out Thomas Beckett then I'm on Team Eleanor! Beckett was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 76April 17, 2019 11:20 PM

Hypocrite, Michelle Obama. Her husband as commander-in-chief expanded the number of countries in which the U.S. has military involvement from four to seven. He waged a war against Libya to control its oil. Libya is a failed state now. He also killed many civilians including children using drones. It's no wonder, Muslim terrorists hate Americans and their allies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2019 4:54 AM

Racist, Bess Truman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 21, 2019 7:54 AM

Lady MacBeth was actually a real, historical person. I mainly know her only from Shakespeare, which was a version written for political favor, so I don't know how accurate his portrayal is.

by Anonymousreply 79April 21, 2019 8:30 AM

Madamé Lindzey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 21, 2019 9:52 AM

China's only female emperor killed hundreds, included two children, in her pursuit of the throne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 21, 2019 1:43 PM

It's gotta be someone from way back when.

by Anonymousreply 82April 21, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote]Amatures .

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 83April 21, 2019 2:03 PM

r77 Please explain how Michelle had anything to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 84April 21, 2019 2:03 PM

You gays are slipping.

Mine is the only palace where the Queen stands guard, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 21, 2019 2:09 PM

R78 After hearing that Kate Smith has been labeled a racist because of a song that she did in the 1930's, I am not ever going to accept a racist label again for people in the past. So take your Bess Truman bullshit and shove it up your ass! If we start cutting people out of favor who made any sort of racist reference, the entire past would be erased. But it seems that's what you SJW's want. Erase the past and claim you created civilization!

by Anonymousreply 86April 21, 2019 2:16 PM

R85 She should be flattered that someone so beautiful ended up playing her! my only hope is that Leona visits Trump on Christmas Eve as his Jacob Marley.

Soon to be a musical at 54 Below starring Tovah Feldshuh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 21, 2019 2:21 PM

Can someone change the spelling on Lloyd Bridges' button and put one on Suzanne Pleshette that says "so am I"?

by Anonymousreply 88April 21, 2019 2:24 PM

R84 Michelle is constantly acting as a PR for Obama’s bad policies that caused the death of many civilians in the Middle East. She could have kept her mouth shut.

She also shamed women for not voting for Hillary. If voters had no interest for voting for Hillary’s bad policies because she didn’t offer any kind of economic benefits for the working class in difficult times, then voters had a right to express their individual own opinions about Hillary. This is what democracy is about. It is not about having someone forcing or shaming them to vote for someone against their personal beliefs or interests. It would like a company forcing customers to buy their bad products. Hillary didn’t give the working class what they need. She was trying to appeal to the dwindling middle class. She couldn’t even get the middle class Republicans to flip their votes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 21, 2019 5:53 PM

^^^ Correction:

It would 'be' like a company forcing customers to buy their bad products.

by Anonymousreply 90April 21, 2019 6:09 PM

R81 Hundreds? What an amateur. Get back to me when you kill a million

by Anonymousreply 91April 21, 2019 6:13 PM

R91 YASS queen, slay!

by Anonymousreply 92April 21, 2019 6:17 PM

R86 In 1961, David Susskind conducted a series of interviews with former President Truman in Independence. After picking Truman up at his home to take him to the Truman Presidential Library for the interviews over a number of days, Susskind asked Truman why he had not been invited into the home. According to presidential historian Michael Beschloss, Truman flatly told Susskind, "This is Bess's house" and that there had never been nor would there ever be a Jewish guest in there.

I don’t excuse racism like some people do. Racism can kill. Remember the Nazis.

Is it okay to excuse homophobia if it happened in the past?

If it weren’t for SJW’s, Mayor Pete wouldn’t be a Democratic candidate.

by Anonymousreply 93April 21, 2019 6:23 PM

[quote] Henry won, and kept Eleanor in a series of palace prisons for the rest of her life.

No. Eleanor was kept in palace prisons for the rest of Henry's life. She survived him and was quite influential in the reigns of her sons Richard and John.

by Anonymousreply 94April 21, 2019 6:38 PM

and look how John turned out. Classic mama's boy

by Anonymousreply 95April 21, 2019 6:41 PM

Welcome the Trumptard at R77!

by Anonymousreply 96April 21, 2019 6:46 PM

R96 Michelle is constantly acting as a PR for Obama whose bad policies caused the death of many civilians in the Middle East. She could have kept her mouth shut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 21, 2019 6:54 PM

What happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 21, 2019 7:01 PM

[quote]I don’t excuse racism like some people do. Racism can kill. Remember the Nazis.

Jews are not a race. That is not racism -- it's bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 99April 21, 2019 7:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!