Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fukushima

@AP

BREAKING: The operator of Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant is removing fuel from a cooling pool for the first time at one of the reactors that melted down in the 2011 disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2019 11:12 AM

Anyone looking for secure employment for the next decade should apply for the cleanup.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 6:36 AM

Hope they don't fuck this up, too.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 7:00 AM

I think Jane Fonda and Jack Lemmon were nominated for this.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 7:38 AM

This should end well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 9:41 AM

Fukushima has been a undereported quiet and serious global / ocean-envirnomental horror show. Untold damage to our planet. Our waters are contaminated. No one in govt will ever be honest about it. The truth would scare ppl.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 9:46 AM

[quote] Anyone looking for secure employment for the next decade should apply for the cleanup.

Japan couldn't find people willing to work the cleanup, so they forced men indebted to the yakuza to do it. I'm not making that up.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 9:49 AM

I won’t take fish oil supplements or eat canned tuna anymore because of radiation in Pacific waters caused my Japan’s nuclear disaster.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 9:49 AM

As Secretary of State, Hillary allowed Japan's contaminated food in to the US.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 1:33 PM

As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton kicked my cat and gave my goldfish rabies.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 1:35 PM

Oooh! What a comeback!

R9 cheated to get into college.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 2:10 PM

Send Hanoi Jane over to clean it up. Isn’t this one of her “causes”? Either way, win/win for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 3:19 PM

Hey R8 -- What have the Repukes done since to remedy the situation?

Hmmm?

I'll tell you ... not one goddamn thing!

You must hate Hilary more than you hate contaminated food. (eye roll)

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 3:22 PM

I was wondering if it was safe to eat fish from the Pacific, even canned tuna.

I agree that this is a huge underreported story. Will we ever know the truth? Please link if anyone has good info on this.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 3:35 PM

Clever r12 -- ejaculating into thin air.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 3:58 PM

R13, we've discussed this story ad nauseum, including links to good sources showing that the hysteria over contamination of the entire Pacific and unsafe fish is overblown.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 9:49 PM

"ad nauseum" -- ha, ha, ha!

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 10:44 PM

How can nuclear waste just spill into the ocean with no consequences? It seems too good to be true. I feel like even if we think we're fine this is going to come back and bite us in the ass one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 17April 16, 2019 6:02 AM

I'm a tinned tuna addict and I'll admit to burying my three heads firmly in the ground.

by Anonymousreply 18April 16, 2019 6:17 AM

Same r18 I figure death is coming so I might as well enjoy myself.

by Anonymousreply 19April 16, 2019 7:18 AM

There certainly isn't "no consequence", R17, but do you actually have any idea how big the oceans are?

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2019 8:32 AM

Read this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2019 10:37 AM

I watch a lot of Japanese television shows, and often wonder about the future health of the Japanese who go about their lives in the area with the very Japanese, cheerful determination to show everything's just fine and normal.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2019 2:01 PM

@KateABC7

Just hiked down to the beach in Pacifica, before the tide came in, to get a better look at the gray whale that washed ashore. It’s one of 3 gray whale carcasses in the Bay Area right now. Marine biologists say the dead whales they’ve examined are thin. #graywhale #whalemigration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2019 4:20 AM

Poor Chrissy.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2019 11:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!