Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Trump Campaign To Report $30 Million Haul

The haul brings the campaign’s cash on hand to $40.8 million, an unprecedented war chest for an incumbent president this early in a campaign.

This news is alarming and should cause everyone to support, contribute to, vote for and elect a Democrat. This motherfucking Trump must be defeated.

Put your ideology aside. Unite and vote for the Democratic presidential candidate. Defeat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3004/15/2019

Honestly, Op, it makes sense. Republicans have 1 candidate to contribute to while the Democrats have, what, 16? 17? Add what all the Democrats have received and I bet it will come close.

by Anonymousreply 104/14/2019

If you add all the Democrats have raised so far, it is multiples higher than what Trump has raised. The energy continues to be on the Dems’ side.

by Anonymousreply 204/14/2019

R1. R2. Yes, I understand. But don't be over-confident. It will kill momentum. The Democratic financial support is doing well so far considering the number of candidates, but we can never take our eyes and effort off the ultimate goal to defeat Trump. The Dems will need everyone's support as the campaign takes shape, the primaries happen and the number of candidates gets whittled down.

Keep in mind, the Trump campaign wants to have a billion dollars in the bank by convention time, more than anyone in history. The Dems need to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 304/14/2019

The Dems will kill themselves because there are so many of them they are all going to look like idiots. They need to strip it down to five candidates and call it off.

by Anonymousreply 404/14/2019

Sheldon Adelson was in the audience when Trump spoke to AIPAC the other day. He was wearing a red ‘Trump’ yarmulke.

by Anonymousreply 504/14/2019

R4. Once the primaries begin the list of Dem candidates will narrow to just a few very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 604/14/2019

R6 thank you. Do any drop out before the debates?

by Anonymousreply 704/14/2019

Op, he's not doing so well if he wants $1 billion in the bank in just about a year.

by Anonymousreply 804/14/2019

R5 They handed them out at the AIPAC event.

by Anonymousreply 904/14/2019

Did it come from Russia, Saudi Arabia, China, or a combination of the three?

by Anonymousreply 1004/14/2019

I hope he gets seriously primaried by multiple candidates.

by Anonymousreply 1104/14/2019

r3 he wants the $1billion so he and his grifty family can use it to pay for all their expenses like Trump paintings and Ivanka's beard waxing.

by Anonymousreply 1204/14/2019

Lol, he spends more than that in a month on hookers and Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 1304/14/2019

[quote] Keep in mind, the Trump campaign wants to have a billion dollars in the bank by convention time, more than anyone in history

𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒆𝒓-𝑷𝑨𝑪𝒔 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒇 $1.2 𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑶𝒃𝒂𝒎𝒂 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 2012.

by Anonymousreply 1404/14/2019

R10, yes.

by Anonymousreply 1504/14/2019

It's so sad that massive money seemingly makes a difference in these elections. I personally don't get it. You watch these candidates on TV debating, you read interviews, you get to know their positions, etc. Then you make a choice. I mean, isn't that how it works for the most part? Why does having x amount of millions more make a difference?

by Anonymousreply 1604/14/2019

[quote][R6] thank you. Do any drop out before the debates?

R7. I may be wrong, but to even be on stage for the debates, the candidate needs to have raised a certain amount of money and be at a certain percentage in the polls. So, if the candidate hasn't reached a certain threshold, he or she won't even be in the debate.

by Anonymousreply 1704/14/2019

I’m just stating facts, OP. If the goal of this post is to motivate me to worry about Trump being re-elected as much as you’re worried, then you’ve failed. I don’t need exaggerated narratives to campaign against Trump. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1804/14/2019

R18. If you don't need the motivation, then fine, move on. Nobody asked you. Others, however, may need the motivation or may be interested to receive this information and may be curious to review the comments in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1904/14/2019

That’s disgusting, R9. Really tacky.

by Anonymousreply 2004/14/2019

[quote]I hope he gets seriously primaried by multiple candidates.

That's not going to happen. The Republicans are too afraid of the Trump base to challenge Trump -- they know the consequences for them if they do.

Former South Carolina Governor & Congressman Mark Sanford was taken down in a GOP primary last year by a pro-Trump opponent. The rest of the Republicans are too scared to challenge him.

by Anonymousreply 2104/14/2019

I thought Weld was already doing it, R21. The RNC isn't going to let an official challenge but I hope a bunch of billionaire's back some opponents just to put out ads against him.

by Anonymousreply 2204/14/2019

I think Weld is going the Libertarian route.

by Anonymousreply 2304/14/2019

It's all going to pay for his numerous personal lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 2404/15/2019

(f ( remember right, there was a lot of talk about how Clinton was outraising him in 2016 yet he still won. So I don't know if that means this is even worse, or if it means fundraising numbers are close to meaningless now.

by Anonymousreply 2504/15/2019

[quote] there was a lot of talk about how Clinton was outraising him in 2016

see r14

by Anonymousreply 2604/15/2019

Well, Weld is running as a Republican and said if he loses the Repug primary that he will not run as a third party candidate.

by Anonymousreply 2704/15/2019

So it's basically a non-starter then, R27.

by Anonymousreply 2804/15/2019

A non-starter regardless.

by Anonymousreply 2904/15/2019

He's only the first, I think. I don't care who it is, I just want semi-sane Repugs attacking Trump. I hope more join in.

by Anonymousreply 3004/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!