Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Campaign To Report $30 Million Haul

The haul brings the campaign’s cash on hand to $40.8 million, an unprecedented war chest for an incumbent president this early in a campaign.

This news is alarming and should cause everyone to support, contribute to, vote for and elect a Democrat. This motherfucking Trump must be defeated.

Put your ideology aside. Unite and vote for the Democratic presidential candidate. Defeat Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2019 6:20 AM

Honestly, Op, it makes sense. Republicans have 1 candidate to contribute to while the Democrats have, what, 16? 17? Add what all the Democrats have received and I bet it will come close.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 2:06 AM

If you add all the Democrats have raised so far, it is multiples higher than what Trump has raised. The energy continues to be on the Dems’ side.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 2:10 AM

R1. R2. Yes, I understand. But don't be over-confident. It will kill momentum. The Democratic financial support is doing well so far considering the number of candidates, but we can never take our eyes and effort off the ultimate goal to defeat Trump. The Dems will need everyone's support as the campaign takes shape, the primaries happen and the number of candidates gets whittled down.

Keep in mind, the Trump campaign wants to have a billion dollars in the bank by convention time, more than anyone in history. The Dems need to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 2:13 AM

The Dems will kill themselves because there are so many of them they are all going to look like idiots. They need to strip it down to five candidates and call it off.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 2:16 AM

Sheldon Adelson was in the audience when Trump spoke to AIPAC the other day. He was wearing a red ‘Trump’ yarmulke.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 2:19 AM

R4. Once the primaries begin the list of Dem candidates will narrow to just a few very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 2:19 AM

R6 thank you. Do any drop out before the debates?

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 2:22 AM

Op, he's not doing so well if he wants $1 billion in the bank in just about a year.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 2:23 AM

R5 They handed them out at the AIPAC event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 2:26 AM

Did it come from Russia, Saudi Arabia, China, or a combination of the three?

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 2:28 AM

I hope he gets seriously primaried by multiple candidates.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 2:28 AM

r3 he wants the $1billion so he and his grifty family can use it to pay for all their expenses like Trump paintings and Ivanka's beard waxing.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 2:29 AM

Lol, he spends more than that in a month on hookers and Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote] Keep in mind, the Trump campaign wants to have a billion dollars in the bank by convention time, more than anyone in history

𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒆𝒓-𝑷𝑨𝑪𝒔 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒇 $1.2 𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑶𝒃𝒂𝒎𝒂 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 3:03 AM

R10, yes.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 3:09 AM

It's so sad that massive money seemingly makes a difference in these elections. I personally don't get it. You watch these candidates on TV debating, you read interviews, you get to know their positions, etc. Then you make a choice. I mean, isn't that how it works for the most part? Why does having x amount of millions more make a difference?

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 3:26 AM

[quote][R6] thank you. Do any drop out before the debates?

R7. I may be wrong, but to even be on stage for the debates, the candidate needs to have raised a certain amount of money and be at a certain percentage in the polls. So, if the candidate hasn't reached a certain threshold, he or she won't even be in the debate.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 3:34 AM

I’m just stating facts, OP. If the goal of this post is to motivate me to worry about Trump being re-elected as much as you’re worried, then you’ve failed. I don’t need exaggerated narratives to campaign against Trump. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 4:05 AM

R18. If you don't need the motivation, then fine, move on. Nobody asked you. Others, however, may need the motivation or may be interested to receive this information and may be curious to review the comments in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 5:11 AM

That’s disgusting, R9. Really tacky.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2019 5:28 AM

[quote]I hope he gets seriously primaried by multiple candidates.

That's not going to happen. The Republicans are too afraid of the Trump base to challenge Trump -- they know the consequences for them if they do.

Former South Carolina Governor & Congressman Mark Sanford was taken down in a GOP primary last year by a pro-Trump opponent. The rest of the Republicans are too scared to challenge him.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 6:21 AM

I thought Weld was already doing it, R21. The RNC isn't going to let an official challenge but I hope a bunch of billionaire's back some opponents just to put out ads against him.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2019 6:27 AM

I think Weld is going the Libertarian route.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2019 6:30 AM

It's all going to pay for his numerous personal lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2019 8:19 AM

(f ( remember right, there was a lot of talk about how Clinton was outraising him in 2016 yet he still won. So I don't know if that means this is even worse, or if it means fundraising numbers are close to meaningless now.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2019 8:33 AM

[quote] there was a lot of talk about how Clinton was outraising him in 2016

see r14

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2019 8:39 AM

Well, Weld is running as a Republican and said if he loses the Repug primary that he will not run as a third party candidate.

by Anonymousreply 27April 16, 2019 4:51 AM

So it's basically a non-starter then, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2019 4:56 AM

A non-starter regardless.

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2019 5:37 AM

He's only the first, I think. I don't care who it is, I just want semi-sane Repugs attacking Trump. I hope more join in.

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2019 6:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!