Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Organizations Soliciting Funds at Store Entrances....

This morning at my supermarket there was a local school's cheerleading organization begging for donations to anyone entering or exiting the store. I can sort of understand if they were selling something like GS cookies or popcorn, but simply having the kids and their parents sitting at a table asking for handouts? It's hard to say no to cheerful young kids but I have a real problem with it. How do you guys handle it? I cowardly pretended I was on my cellphone this morning LOL.

by Anonymousreply 107April 25, 2019 11:51 PM

You are quite a pussy, aren’t you, op?

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2019 12:31 AM

I ignore them. It doesn't require a phone.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote] You are quite a pussy, aren’t you, op?

Yes, in this situation. I freely admit it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2019 12:34 AM

At my supermarket they've had various groups from nearby schools bagging the groceries, with a conspicuous tip / donation jar nearby. Nice idea but it's always kids from expensive private schools and the activities they want funded are usually things like ski trips.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 12:36 AM

A friend of mine's son's football team is raising funds to go on some trip to Florida and they were begging at the entrance to a local supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 12:38 AM

I am curious if the store ever gets complaints.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 12:38 AM

I beg for donations at supermarket entrance lobbies for my pet rescue. Lots of kind and giving people.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 12:39 AM

Isn't this what GoFundMe is for?

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 12:39 AM

Not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 12:40 AM

[quote] I beg for donations at supermarket entrance lobbies for my pet rescue.

OP here. I see a distinction between your organization and some kids raising money to buy cheerleading uniforms or whatever. The kids should be put to some kind of "work" to earn the money, while typically animal rescues are staffed by people who already work hard for free and rely on donations.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 12:42 AM

The cheerleaders at my Krogers give lap dances in exchange for donations. Maybe move somewhere with a classier group of cheerleaders, like mine.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 12:44 AM

Modern Fraun and their entitled spawn. I just walk right by scowling.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 1:19 AM

Aren't the kids supposed to be holding bake sales, spaghetti dinners and car washes? One is being involved with the community and providing services; the other is panhandling.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 1:20 AM

I hate it too OP.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 1:35 AM

Were they male cheerleaders?

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 1:38 AM

I got into a huge row with a Salvation Army kettle broad at Wal Mart last season. She tried to shame me as I walked by silently. I turned and lost my temper. Reamed her out about their stance on gays and lesbians. She started quoting Bible versus, going to hell and what not. Very ugly.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 1:44 AM

R16 you are a fool!

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 1:51 AM

Those kids are pretty much straight out panhandling. I get that repression and shame from the past is bad but too many people have gone way too shameless today.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 2:14 AM

[quote] She started quoting Bible versus,

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 2:18 AM

Children should be neither seen nor heard.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2019 2:24 AM

What I hate is when the cashier at the supermarket asks after ringing you up if you would like to make a donation to such and such organization. It's so manipulative, putting you in the position of looking like a big meanie.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 2:29 AM

Totally agree with R17. R16 is a fool and imbecile. Too stupid to live. You should have let loose with big bucks to help the SA help those in need. Selfish asshole.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2019 2:31 AM

r22 I don't donate to the Salvation Army either due to their stance on gays. There's better charities to support. And yes, I am an asshole, but I'm not selfish and I don't really see the need to support Christian proselytizing.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2019 2:33 AM

Anyone who has their kids in competitive cheerleading has to have a lot of money to begin with. Competitive (All Star) Cheer goes to for-profit competitions. And when they say they are going to “nationals”, it really means state, and when they say “Internationals” it is probably some BS excuse to go to Orlando and it’s all USA teams with some Canada thrown it. My daughter did it for a year, and it was thousands of dollars...without a big trip. These girls are seldom “needy” so no guilt OP. I wouldn’t give either, but I would give to a true charity like the poster with the rescue group.

Honestly, I would go out on a limb and say those parents should be ashamed to have fundraiser like that.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2019 2:40 AM

Frau ^^^

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2019 2:44 AM

No, a Frau would be the mom sitting with her cheerleader daughters panhandling :p

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2019 2:48 AM

Again my resting bitch face comes to the rescue.

People doing that always look at me and then I see it on their faces, oh no I’m not gonna ask him. Then they look away and start rearranging their table in a fake busy way.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2019 3:34 AM

FF r22.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2019 4:21 AM

I just smile and shake my head sorrowfully.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2019 4:23 AM

I tell them I don't carry cash. And that's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2019 4:37 AM

Do you punctuate that with a razzberry, r30?

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2019 4:40 AM

Whether in-person, or online (GoFundMe, Kickstarter) I ignore ALL begging. It's nasty and is beneath all of us.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2019 5:49 AM

R22 started out well (R16 is a fool to engage with bell ringing Salvation Army people) but went off the rails supporting the SA. They are not a benevolent organization helping the down-and-out. They are a religious organization cramming Christ down the needy's throats when they should be more Christ-like and simply help them. And the SA openly discriminates against gays. This is what I truly loathe about Christians: they are always holier-than-thou and never miss an opportunity to force their beliefs on anyone they can coerce into listening.

I, however, had the perfect answer to the SA: a few years ago, there was a coordinated effort by various groups to get the SA to stop proselytizing to people who need a meal or a pair of socks, and they produced dollar-bill looking flyers telling them you'd donate to the SA if they stopped making people pray before a meal or likewise demean themselves for a bed for the night. I carried these around in my wallet during bell ringing season and happily dropped them in their bucket. It avoided the conflict that R16 engaged in, and it let the SA know that their discrimination and outrageous behavior was unacceptable.

Besides, there are better charities that don't discriminate.

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2019 3:31 PM

R33 is insufferable! Tyrant in all life!

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2019 3:37 PM

"Sorry, I don't have cash." Or, if it's at the register, "No thanks, I only do the animal causes."

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2019 3:40 PM

OP, Thank you for this thread. Teaches children to beg rather than to offer a service for money. Cashiers asking for donations are the worst. I give regularly to AFAN's events which offer entertainment and a fun time.

R30, Likewise I always say that I don't carry cash but use a credit card.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2019 3:44 PM

R36 doesn’t know what charitable giving is. Selfish queen!

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2019 4:21 PM

When I’m asked for money, I smile brightly and say “No thank you!”

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2019 4:35 PM

Breeze by with a combination friendly wave/talk to the hand sort of gesture.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2019 4:39 PM

Just say no. Hold onto your $ and spend it all on yourself. That’s really what you want to do anyway. Just looking for validation here to do it.

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2019 4:40 PM

Walk on by.

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2019 4:45 PM

Donate to organizations that mean something to you. I don't just hand over money to those that stand in front of stores and beg. I understand it costs a lot of money for kids to do extended field trips, etc. BUT, they can do something to work for the money besides just begging. If they've made cookies, or are doing carwashes, etc. I will often donate, and just skip the carwash, or not take the cookies - just the fact they're working to earn the money is enough incentive for me.

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2019 4:47 PM

I smile and politely say "no thanks" no matter what it is they say to me.

I agree with r42. Donate to organizations and causes that mean something to you, so giving money to some group randomly without having any idea who they are beyond some nominal affiliation to some organization or school about which I know nothing is not going to happen. For all I know that school and those cheerleaders or what have you could support things with which I completely disagree.

How would you feel after donating to that group if you found out that a few of those people had posted stuff on instagram supporting cheeto or racist or anti-gay stuff?

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2019 5:03 PM

First off, I have no problem refusing to donate and di it with a big smile [although sometimes the firefighters get some coin].

But if I am giving, I would rather just make the donation than spend three times the money to purchase a promotional item.

This past season, I paid the actual cash donation equivelant for a friends sons wrestling fund raiser. That is, I paid his quota and they didnt have to do any fund raising. It was quite appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote]It's hard to say no to cheerful young kids but I have a real problem with it.

Really?

[quote]How do you guys handle it?

I say “no.” You should try it. It’s the same word you use without a shred of guilt (I’m sure) when a homeless person is asking and not a “cheerful young kid.”

by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2019 5:08 PM

R37 Has serious reading comprehension issues.

I give generously to established charities like AFAN who have a rep for an extremely low overhead with a very tiny per cent to overhead costs versus the huge number of people they help. Sorry if assisting homeless teens means more to me than random requests for money to finance trips for high school students who should be learning valuable skills to earn pocket money. Worse the practice encourages beggars to also hang out at grocery stores soliciting donations and bothering passersby. This ultimately hurts legitimate businesses and interferes with traffic.

by Anonymousreply 46April 15, 2019 5:15 PM

Those of you who take glee in saying no to some little kids are pretty tough to take.

by Anonymousreply 47April 15, 2019 9:34 PM

No doubt, r47! It’s sad to read so many replies that are so arrogant and against giving a few dollars to kids or charities.

by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2019 9:49 PM

Hey, R47 & R48, I'm not against supporting kids and/or charity, but in the case of able-bodied cheerleaders, swim teams, etc., if you need $$$, hold a bake sale or car wash or something, don't just stand outside a supermarket begging. There is nothing wrong with making them work for something if they really want it.

by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2019 9:59 PM

I bitched to the store once and haven't seen many beggars since, now that I think about it. I threatened that I would shop elsewhere, because I don't go to that store to be hassled. And that's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2019 10:47 PM

Don't get me started on the organizations that stand in the middle of busy intersections knocking on car windows!

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2019 12:54 AM

Only if it’s a hot firefighter ^

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote]She tried to shame me as I walked by silently.

In what way, R16?

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2019 1:00 AM

Just put in some earplugs and don't make eye contact with them or acknowledge them in any way. Then do the same when leaving the store.

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2019 1:17 AM

Pretend you don’t speak English. Keep repeating “que?” and shaking your head, until they stop.

If they respond in Spanish, RUN.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2019 1:24 AM

Or do sign language. That sends them running every time.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2019 1:25 AM

Tell them that you are dying of cancer and only have 3 says left to live.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2019 1:28 AM

sorry, I’m mercurial with these things. Sometimes I’ll buy/donate, other times I won’t. It really depends.

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2019 1:47 AM

Why should I support others’ hellspawn? Animals, yes.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2019 2:14 AM

Ive noticed more and more different types setting up shop outside stores now.Everything from cheerleaders to at risk youths,offering nothing (at least the girl scouts give you something for your money) .99% of the time I just ignore. Today though as I was pulling out of a convenience store I saw a young couple with backpacks and the girl was holding a sign that said "Too ugly to whore" and I had to stop and give her a $20 ! I reward originality (she wasnt lying either,poor thing)..

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2019 5:03 AM

[quote]Hey, [R47] & [R48], I'm not against supporting kids and/or charity, but in the case of able-bodied cheerleaders, swim teams, etc., if you need $$$, hold a bake sale or car wash or something.

Mmmm...(male) swim teams doing car washes.

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2019 5:35 AM

My niece brought home a paper from the PTA about donating gift cards for an upcoming teacher appreciation week. The gift cards aren't for her actual teacher, and instead are used in a raffle for all teachers in that building.

Is this normal?

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2019 8:53 AM

I hate the orgs that hire people to accost you in the intersection. I don’t make eye contact and make a no gesture with my finger.

I don’t have a problem with all the fundraising, but when you strategically position yourself physically to harass people in places they have to go, it feels very invasive. It sucks when you can’t even stop at a stoplight or walk across most parking lots without hearing, “Excuse me! Excuse me!” and someone asking for 36 cents so they can (insert ridiculous sob story). Then when you get to the store entrance, you are barraged by six different fundraisers. It’s all too much!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2019 9:11 AM

The local high school bags groceries for tips on occasion. Since I graduated from that HS, I usually give them a few bucks.

Some of the restaurants in the area will have nights when a part of your tab will go to one of the school teams or organizations. I have only done that once since most of the restaurants aren't ones I go to.

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2019 9:28 AM

R63, yes!!!!!!!! Does the city charge for a permit to do that? I can't think of another reason it would be legal to panhandle in the road.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2019 9:43 AM

Has anyone around SF noticed that the white-suited pests seem to have vanished?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2019 9:53 AM

Lol R61. They would definitely make bank.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2019 11:21 AM

I ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2019 1:25 PM

Love and let live.

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2019 12:27 PM

My school hosts fundraisers with movie nights. Win-win.

I agree—just say NO THANK YOU and walk away. Smile and shake your head as needed. I get asked for donations everywhere I go these days. It’s my coping mechanism and it works.

If my kids have to raise money for something (like Boy Scouts), I just suck it up and donate the money out of my own pocket. I hate children being used as salesmen.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2019 1:06 PM

I’m in the city. The iPad harassers are awful. Boystown has it the worst. They stand in your path two at a time. They demand an interaction. They point at you and wave their arms as if something is wrong. They work for “gay rights” which is misleading. It’s tranny rights they are collections for. These creeps want an ATM NUMBER!!! I just don’t understand when I see people pulling out their wallet.

It’s rage inducing to have these pricks pulling this shit. They work for companies that take a big cut of the atm MONTHLY enrolled donations they capture during these street stunts.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2019 1:22 PM

Report them to store management and tell the manager you’ll take your business of buying extra large cucumbers elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2019 1:33 PM

I like your description, R71: “demand an interaction.” Totally accurate.

Times have changed. Soliciting has gotten so much more aggressive. The sense of entitlement to your time, personal space, private info, money, and even conversation are alarming.

Repeat “No thank you” no matter what they say. Let them deride, or tease. It is to no end. It will infuriate them, but so what? You can walk away. Deny them that interaction. Also helps to avoid eye contact.

I am an introvert and it actually helps me deal with these situations. I feel completely entitled to my time and person space even in public situations like these. And my privacy, too. I feel no obligation to share my political views or beliefs with random people on the street. I don’t trust any charities I have no investigated for myself (and you shouldn’t).

I am generous and giving in my personal life but I separate that from what happens on the street. I’m not rude but I feel fully entitled to my privacy and my time in public places.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2019 1:34 PM

In Great Britain they're known as 'chuggers', short for charity muggers.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2019 2:51 PM

Tight fisted fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2019 7:47 PM

During the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in New York City, one of the first charities on site was The Salvation Army.

After having seen many negative posts about the SA on DL, I wondered if the negative posters from NYC were avoiding the help that the SA was offering on the same principle.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote]Report them to store management and tell the manager you’ll take your business of buying extra large cucumbers elsewhere.

A good friend of mine manages a large supermarket, and if it's any consolation, he despises them more than you possibly could. It's corporate policy that they never say no to any of them so he's stuck with them. What really pisses him off is the fact that 9 times out of 10 the kids show up late, leave early, and sulk the whole time. It's the parents who run the show.

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2019 7:59 PM

In my town that shit is not tolerated. Except for Salvation Army at Walmart, there is no soliciting in any store where I live. If stores allowed it, they'd be overrun with people asking to do so probably.

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2019 8:01 PM

I'm so sick of people begging everywhere you go. Outside the store, at the checkout, you can't even just wish someone happy birthday on Facebook any more without them trying to solicit a donation to their favourite cause.

I just say no to everyone pretty much, except for the homeless then I'll throw in a buck or two for their beer/crack fund or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2019 8:06 PM

For those who have left insulting posts on this thread in response to others who prefer to give generously to established charities (AFAN which has a top rep) exactly how does one know the money given will go to where it's claimed? There are numerous pro beggars who'll say and do anything to make a living harassing passersby.

Worse it encourages selfish & immoral parents to push their kids to beg in the street. Yes, I've seen 5-year-olds standing in the middle of the street with a donation bucket harassing drivers and pedestrians. I immediately called the police who took too long to show up to effectively stop it.

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2019 8:07 PM

What about Police Benevolent groups or whatever they’re called. They call you up and have gruff sounding guys try to bully you into donating

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2019 8:07 PM

[quote]What about Police Benevolent groups or whatever they’re called. They call you up and have gruff sounding guys try to bully you into donating

Total scam. Most of the time the cops or firemen don't even know it's happening. It's called the "Badge Game" and it used to be run out of Florida and the callers were Carnies who would run the game during the winter when the carnival was off the road.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2019 8:13 PM

I usually wear headphones when out in public. In cases like this, I am sure to divert my eyes well before they see me coming. They usually don’t even bother trying to get my attention and if they do, I ignore.

by Anonymousreply 83April 18, 2019 8:17 PM

Next time, suggest they have a wet t-shirt contest and offer to hose them down for a dollar.

by Anonymousreply 84April 18, 2019 8:21 PM

How about the little kids who sell the candy for some no name neighborhood organization? They either go door to door or stand outside of a mall or supermarket. I usually give the kid 5 or 10 dollars and tell them to keep it for themselves. I also remind them that they're being exploited. It's always black children in white neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 85April 18, 2019 8:23 PM

The concern of whether or not it's a legitimate organization is valid. My best friend in middle school was a budding grifter. One spring, after our school had held a walkathon fundraiser, we created our own walkathon pledge sheets with the name of a local catholic school. We went door-to-door with the sheets on clipboards, asking for donations. While some people pledged a certain amount per mile (and we were to return later to collect), most made lump-sum donations on the spot. We encouraged cash. Checks went into the trash.

by Anonymousreply 86April 18, 2019 8:30 PM

I have noticed the kids asking for donations are a lot more aggressive. When I politely say no thank you, they continue their spiel. I usually look at the parents, or I should say the moms because that's who is always there, and tell them to teach their children to accept it when someone declines. There is one grocery store I usually avoid because there are always kids there selling something. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 87April 18, 2019 8:34 PM

The best idea i to smile and keep moving. Don't answer questions, just smile and don't break stride. They are not allowed to follow you into the store. Once you stop they really dial it up and it's harder to get away.

Begging has almost become a way of life online, particularly amongst young people. Not only do they they think things should be free, but they get aggressive when they're not.

by Anonymousreply 88April 18, 2019 8:48 PM

Used to see “teens” selling candy on the subway in New York all the time though not lately.

Sometimes seemed a little suspicious esp since sometimes the “teens” appeared older than HS age and often extremely poorly spoken

by Anonymousreply 89April 18, 2019 8:55 PM

How about other businesses soliciting inside other stores? At the WalMart near my job there are pushy salesmen for Energy Services and also for Xfinity home security.

by Anonymousreply 90April 18, 2019 8:55 PM

When I find myself saying "No thank you" I then feel like a pussy for even saying that. What am I thanking them for?? The opportunity for me to donate money?

by Anonymousreply 91April 18, 2019 8:56 PM

[quote]They stand in your path two at a time. They demand an interaction.

When they stand in my path with their arm outstretched for a handshake, like we're old pals or something, I smack their hand HARD. I've been called an asshole more than once.

by Anonymousreply 92April 18, 2019 9:21 PM

I try to think of these things as opportunities to be generous. I’m not crazy about wealthy beggars, though.

by Anonymousreply 93April 18, 2019 9:52 PM

I asked a boy of about eleven if he was selling candy on the subway for himself, or a group. He told me it was for himself because he needed money. I bought some candy. I asked him why not sell nuts or something adults might buy and enjoy and he told me the fruit roll-ups were the cheapest to buy by the case.

I didn't ask his circumstances because it's none of my business, but I applaud him, and if he was honest enough to just say (or admit) he's trying to make a buck, I think that's great. Just the planning and the hours spent selling show a lot of initiative. Maybe he gives money to his mom, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 94April 18, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote]After having seen many negative posts about the SA on DL, I wondered if the negative posters from NYC were avoiding the help that the SA was offering on the same principle.

I live in NYC and did not require any assistance after Hurricane Sandy, but certainly wouldn't have sought it from the Salvation Army if I did. Can't believe we still have a pro-SA troll hanging around here.

As for people soliciting donations that I'm not interested in giving, I say "sorry, no" and move on, or if in a bad mood, ignore them entirely. I do not feel the least bit bad about this,

by Anonymousreply 95April 18, 2019 10:51 PM

What happened to saying "Not today" and walk away briskly?

by Anonymousreply 96April 18, 2019 11:51 PM

I scream as loud as I can and make my face turn really red. I say, “Fuck you fuck you fucking kids!” Then I pull my pants down and shit right in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 97April 19, 2019 12:08 AM

R97 must write for some of what passes for movie comedies nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 98April 19, 2019 12:40 AM

Well R98 ,he made ME laugh.

by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2019 12:43 AM

I used to say "no thanks" or something like that. But I got so sick of it that now I usually just walk right by without acknowledging that anyone even said anything to me.

Once an old woman in a wheelchair was begging outside the supermarket as I was leaving. I felt bad for her. I didn't have cash on me but had $5 in the car so after I put my groceries in the trunk I walked back to give her the $5. She looked at it with disgust and said something like "what am I supposed to buy with THIS?" (meaning it wasn't enough). I told her to do whatever she wants with it and that I hoped it helps. But fuck that shit. I should have snatched it back out of her hands.

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2019 12:56 AM

[quote]We went door-to-door with the sheets on clipboards, asking for donations. While some people pledged a certain amount per mile (and we were to return later to collect), most made lump-sum donations on the spot.

Well, to be fair, how many of us who once did Trick or Treat for UNICEF pocketed the cash and let the orphans fend for themselves?

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2019 12:58 AM

R92 is my hero.

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2019 2:50 AM

I can’t stand it when the wheelchairs park directly in front of the door and scream, “Help! Help!” in a real demanding way.

It’s like, if you would just perhaps say something with some courtesy I’d probably give them some change.

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2019 3:14 AM

Say I already gave to planned parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2019 4:18 AM

I think the people here complaining about individuals begging outside stores are in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2019 7:56 PM

I considered complaining to store management but I then thought "who am I to stop this practice? Maybe other people like having the opportunity to donate money to organizations?"

by Anonymousreply 106April 25, 2019 11:48 PM

I got stopped once outside my bank and agreed to buy a snack bag of popcorn from the Boy Scouts. They charged me fifteen bucks for a two-serving bag.

Never again.

by Anonymousreply 107April 25, 2019 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!