Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The power you have is unimaginable so use it!

A few days ago as I was walking down the street I saw this willowly woman smoking under the roof of an entrance because it was raining. I approached her and asked "Are you an addict?". She looked at me and I saw the struggle in her eyes to accept that she was. "Please leave me alone" she said. I stood there for a second and then said this: "You could be inside where it's warm and cozy yet you're out here, in the rain. And for what?". It was at that moment I saw some thin change in her face. She threw her cigarette to the ground and stomped on it. At first I wasn't sure whether or not she would storm away in anger, but she didn't. Instead she pulled her Benson & Hedges 100s out from her purse and handed them to me. "You're done?" I asked. She nodded. She was ready to quit. And all it took was a little prodding from me. I crushed the pack in my hand and I told her "You're free now". She looked so reassured. The relief on her face made her look 10 years younger. She went back inside to what I assume was her workplace.

I pass by there daily and intend to keep an eye out for her. If I see her smoking, I intend to coach her again. And every other time I see her smoking. Until she quits for good. But I think she's on the right path. Seems like she just needed some reassurance.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 12:23 AM

It's a lot easier to be nice to people in the street than in the office, Cochise.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2019 11:17 PM

The anti-smoking troll is getting creative with his posts.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 11:17 PM

So you are a jerk in real life not just here on DL? Some people might have pulled out a gun and shot you OP.

I am anti-smoking but you are an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 11:17 PM

Yawn

FF

Block

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 11:17 PM

OK, this one made me laugh a bit.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 11:18 PM

OP, my penis! It needs to be crushed by your hand!

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 11:19 PM

Give the poor woman her moments of pleasure, op. She got nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote]I crushed the pack in my hand and I told her "You're free now".

LOL

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2019 11:19 PM

The massive Cigarette taxes do a lot of good the last thing I check.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2019 11:22 PM

1/10

Fake.

Mind your own fucking beewax.

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2019 11:22 PM

😂 Fuck outta here. Saw Benson & Hedges in the Bea Arthur thread and came up with this?

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote]And all it took was a little prodding from me.

This is the first time OP has acted as the prodder rather than the proddee.

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2019 11:24 PM

This shouldn't be outlined. This is RIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2019 11:28 PM

Love this, Keep on inspiring others.

Also love the Benson and Hedges reference,

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 12:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!