Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Con man?

Met someone in a store and started texting. he claims to manage some businesses and hold a one billion U.S. dollar bond. Already caught him lying saying he owns a company that owns his $750K house. Public records show it is owned by an individual. When called on that he claims it is a trusted friend that wanted a tax benefit. He said he’s lived there 15 yrs but there’s been 4-5 owners and I said and all were trusted friends? That one he didn’t respond too. He was offering boat storage to me on the property which caused me to look up the owner but I was curious about a billion dollar bond? Do individuals get those?

by Anonymousreply 58April 15, 2019 9:49 PM

Believe him

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2019 11:11 PM

Give him your dick or ass but not your money.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 11:12 PM

Is his name Jose Diaz, the sociopathic guy who claims to be a doctor ?

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 11:20 PM

Not Diaz...but he claimed to be an expert in geo-thermal and I texted ‘you can’t even spell geothermal.” He responded when he was a university instructor/researcher it was hyphenated.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 11:26 PM

There are no billion dollar bonds. I think the largest is like $5 million.

I guess he could mean a surety bond--this is insurance--but that would mean he's saying like a 10million premium on it, which seems hardly likely if he lives in a 750k house.

He sounds insane, actually.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 11:27 PM

Thanks r5 that’s what I thought and I hope he’s not dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 11:28 PM

... But I have this great opportunity of business for you!

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2019 11:39 PM

I just looked he said “I am bonded for $1B

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2019 11:41 PM

If you have to ask - you already know the answer

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2019 11:49 PM

Initial texts about finances? What happened to the good old days when we just swapped dick pics?

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 12:07 AM

He sounds highly insane and frankly scary.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 12:12 AM

Don't "hope he's not dangerous."

Get the hell away from him. There are plenty of guys out there.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 12:22 AM

Yeah, but that's like a a premium of at least 1% on a billion dollars.

It's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 12:24 AM

I asked him to stop texting me and he wouldn’t ..kept trying to spin the lies except the one where there were many property owners over 15 yrs. I had to block him.

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 2:37 AM

I guess that's the smart think to do, but I really wanted to know more about this story

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 3:04 AM

He was trying to steal your boat

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 3:17 AM

where is he from? Do not give him any of your info.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 3:21 AM

Take picture of him, in case you need to show police later.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2019 3:22 AM

I actually emailed a P.I. He said he was from Indiana originally. he talked of two prior relationships who are both dead! One got rear ended in their BMW X5 and he said it was because of the type of tires that don’t skid? He said he wanted the tires changed but the ex wouldn’t. i have a work address of his too where I saw him once locking up and he introduced me to a coworker. the weird part is that the legal home owner shows as a 69 yr old woman formerly of CA. he said his trusted friend wanted a tax benefit and she is a executive V.P. At Chase bank. Well I found a woman 58 with the same name in Columbus OH (where he used to live too) who is a VP at chase there. he said he keeps friends boats on his property (back yard) and I would have night vision security camera access 24/7. He wanted $20 a month. My dad is a former lawyer who said “possession is 9/10ths of the law.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2019 3:37 AM

^the ex got rear ended in the b’mer 3 times and died from prescriptions they didn’t cross check like Heath Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2019 3:39 AM

RUN AWAY!!!

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2019 3:40 AM

Are you that stupid that you keep on believing this person?

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2019 3:41 AM

Run from him, Op.

On the subject of con men, my brother worked until recently at the top of a property management firm. It managed the property for a major hotel chain, plus.

They were approached by a gay guy, it happens, who said he wanted to buy something big, and expected to be flown around the country free to see property. (Why would they do that?). So, he turned out to be a very young, 20s, con man. My bro knew, but his co-workers fell completely for it.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2019 3:46 AM

I said it before, but I'll say it again, OP.

Run from this guy. Get away from him.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2019 3:59 AM

I never believed a word which is why I checked thru county records and intelius.com which has public records (much for free). I’m traveling on vacation in his town. I’m was curious what he would say when I confronted his lies. I think some compulsive and/or pathological liars believe their lies. My dad taught me that you can’t really trust people. he wrote that “there are a large number of people that trust their life and livelihood to my judgement. you operate on a different level.”

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2019 3:59 AM

^im op

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2019 3:59 AM

I think the vast majority of people are trustworthy, but there will always be grifters trying to set us up and drag us down. I don't think they actually believe their lies; they just love lying -- it's their thing.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2019 4:03 AM

Some people are compulsive liars. I was at a cocktail party once in Tallahassee, Fl, where this young guy (whom I recognized immediately as a member of the FSU student body), tried to tell me that he was actually a Hollywood producer. When my "oh, uh huh" failed to get the desired response, he upped the story to tell me about all the international block busters he had had something to do with. I can't tell from your story whether the guy is a run-of-the-mill conman or just a compulsive liar. Run away in either case...

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2019 4:05 AM

Please carry pepper spray or something with you. I'm afraid for your life. He could get angry being exposed by you and you never know what he's capable of. Please take care of yourself and always let someone know where and who you're meeting with.

Don't give him a cent.

And as you have found out for yourself, he's a liar, cannot be trusted. So DON'T be involved in anything with him.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2019 4:20 AM

Op here. The guy said to me the first time I met him, Bill Gates doesnt have air conditioning. I’m from Seattle and weirdly grew up very near where Gates lives now (which I did not tell the con man) and know you would want ac from being on a hill with afternoon and evening sun hitting the house. later I texted him an article which specifically talked about Gates high tech “air conditioning.” The guy wrote back he didn’t know why I sent it cuz it confirmed what he said and Gates house had a heat pump not AC which denotes a compressor. I wrote back that the article did not mention any heat pump. at some point the guy claimed he was at Gates house 3 times for functions. con guy wrote back saying it mentioned geo-thermal (misspelled) and that is one of his areas of expertise. All the article said was the home was partially underground built into a hill. I regret calling him out now and this has really affected me and I’ve never contacted a private investigator.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2019 4:24 AM

OP he sounds like a pathological liar. A con man would be more savvy. I once worked with a guy who lied consistently. It started with things like college or that he owned a vacation home on cape cod. When he tried to tell me he helped invent Tai Bo I knew he was off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2019 4:26 AM

Was his name Joel?

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2019 4:29 AM

It wasn’t Joel if you’re asking OP. My ex said I shouldn’t talk to strangers and the guy is crazy. I read you shouldn’t confront the liars cuz the narcissist ones get abusive. He said “your ability to interpret info is not in the right gear.”

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2019 4:41 AM

Then was it Jarec?

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2019 4:44 AM

[quote] Take picture of him, in case you need to show police later.

Leave the picture with a trusted friend so the homicide detectives can put out a BOLO for him.

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2019 4:46 AM

R35 pretty funny. The guy was trying to impress with saying he had 5 college degrees too. he never asked where I went to college. he went to a non-impressive one too. What a blow hard!

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2019 4:57 AM

Well at least he could do something well...

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2019 5:01 AM

Why are you still talking to him? Block him.

If all else fails, punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2019 5:04 AM

Let me tell you what your mistake is.

DON'T confront people like this. You never know how they're going to act if they are challenged. If you're curious about how psychos react when they are confronted, there are myriad psychological journals with free articles that you can read online.

When you encounter people like this, you want them out of your life ASAP. They only cause problems. Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2019 5:07 AM

It sounds like you are being seduced by the knowledge that he is a con man. He only needs you to believe or want to beleive one thing he tells you. Then you'll have been suckered.

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2019 5:12 AM

At this point I’m done unless he contacts me from another number or worse in person but he can’t drive in where I’m staying as it’s gated with a 24 hr guard. The lesson don’t give too much info to a stranger. I’ve one week left then I leave the state. If the P.I. says he’s dangerous I’ll leave early.

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2019 5:46 AM

Good luck OP. If you die, can I have all your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2019 5:49 AM

Stay away.

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2019 5:52 AM

Confronting him means continuing to communicate with him. He will want to explain away what you point out to be falsehoods. Again and again and again. Do you think he’ll change or that the two of you will build a relationship based on trust from here on in? There’s nothing there for you. Just stop responding and move on.

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2019 6:20 AM

Kenneth K? Xanax addict & pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2019 6:21 AM

R41 when you leave in a week, from your gated place, will it be to a higher-security facility?

by Anonymousreply 46April 15, 2019 9:32 AM

Why the hell did you pay for a PI to look into him? How did you not know immediately to run away?

by Anonymousreply 47April 15, 2019 9:35 AM

[quote] I texted him an article which specifically talked about Gates high tech “air conditioning.” The guy wrote back he didn’t know why I sent it cuz it confirmed what he said and Gates house had a heat pump not AC which denotes a compressor. I wrote back

Jesus, what?

Your problems are entirely of your own making.

by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2019 9:38 AM

Is this thread going to end up on “Dateline”?!?

OP, run!

by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2019 1:13 PM

He sounds like an Andrew Cunanan type...

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2019 1:15 PM

[quote]I asked him to stop texting me and he wouldn’t ..kept trying to spin the lies

He kept trying because you kept texting him back. Stop contacting him, dang.

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2019 1:18 PM

All OP wants is a sugar daddy, but without the crazy baggage.

by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2019 4:51 PM

would he be able to lie his way past a security guard? He sounds like a darn good liar.

by Anonymousreply 53April 15, 2019 5:02 PM

For me, all the investigation means the guy is hot, so he really wanted to know more about him

by Anonymousreply 54April 15, 2019 5:09 PM

From the beginning you've doubted him and called him an outright liar over and over. After just once I'd would have cut all contact.

by Anonymousreply 55April 15, 2019 5:13 PM

Don't waste time with him! Either he is very hot or you are fucking ugly and nobody has paid you any attention in a long time...that's why you like this attention, even though you know he's bad news.

by Anonymousreply 56April 15, 2019 5:49 PM

Guys..since I started 5he post I cut contact by blocking him. He kept texting and I ignored but finally thought to let him know I knew he was full of bs thinking it would get him to stop...wrong. Lesson learned but the p.i. Never called me from fill8ng out an online form. he approached me in the store and I’m younger and considered very attractive...he had a pot belly and I was actually interested in the boat storage...I even drove by the home to see if 5here were boats in the backyard and there were.

by Anonymousreply 57April 15, 2019 8:12 PM

P.I. Emailed a $500 background check quote but I did a state check online and there were no criminal or civil judgements if that’s to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 58April 15, 2019 9:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!