Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Moscow

Anybody been? What's it like? I've seen photos of very upscale and sophisticated areas as well as pretty rundown areas. Seems there are a lot of very beautiful and glamorous women, but what about the men.

Any gay nightlife?

by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2019 1:04 AM

Ask all the Russian trolls that've been on here lately.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2019 12:13 AM

Ask Konstantin Kamynin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 12:15 AM

SHITHOLE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 12:16 AM

Moscow is boring. It's too corrupt to be an interesting city.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 12:16 AM

Full of drunks,homophobes and whores

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 12:17 AM

I knew how this was going to go. LOL

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 12:19 AM

Get a life, OP. Nobody likes ugly, stinky Russians here

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2019 12:21 AM

You have to ask? Do you live under a rock? Or in Iraq? Russia is sadly virulently homophobic. Be afraid, very afraid.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2019 12:42 AM

The city stinks like shit. Just like the people.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2019 2:37 AM

Do Russians ever shower?

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2019 8:28 AM

They don't use deodorant either.

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2019 8:33 AM

It smells like vodka and unwashed pussy.

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2019 8:38 AM

For those who have posted, do you personally know anyone from Russia? Have you been to Moscow? I have two Russian friends who live in Moscow. Both shower each day and neither drinks very much. Also my friends who have actually visited Russia do not share your opinions.

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2019 8:40 AM

Svetlana needs to wash her pussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2019 8:45 AM

It seems like a miserable place.

by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2019 9:43 AM

Typical Russian lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2019 9:45 AM

wtf! is that lady part of the exorcist: russia?

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2019 9:54 AM

It looks hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2019 10:01 AM

Small and stanky cocklets

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2019 10:02 AM

Lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2019 10:03 AM

Intriguing skyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2019 10:28 AM

But two of them have collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2019 11:13 AM

That is what makes them so intriguing R22. You never know which one is next.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2019 12:40 PM

R22, none of those skyscrapers pictured have collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2019 12:44 PM

When Americans take back control from Trump, it's going to be really fun playing which Russian building to collapse next.

Just like American troops slaughtered Russians in Syria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2019 1:04 PM

Russians are such trash. It's fun to make fun of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2019 1:25 PM

I have friends who visited Russia last year, they don't recommend it. They said everyone was rude and hostile the food was nasty and everything was expensive.

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2019 1:29 PM

Are all Russians nasty or just the ones on DL?

by Anonymousreply 28April 16, 2019 1:18 AM

Vile!

by Anonymousreply 29April 16, 2019 1:26 AM

I was impressed with all the thuggish looking characters.

by Anonymousreply 30April 16, 2019 1:43 AM

R24 gets his news from RT.

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2019 1:44 AM

Nothing wrong with RT when its the only channel in your room.

by Anonymousreply 32April 16, 2019 1:49 AM

I used to live in Moscow and during the past ten years, I have been there dozens of times. The central core (inside the Garden (садовое) ring road) is lovely. It gets uglier the farther out you go. As with any 1000+ year old city, there are beautiful parts and scummy parts.

What kind of information are you looking for, OP? If it is gay-related, there is not much overt gay in Moscow. There are a couple of night clubs and sex clubs/men's bathhouses, but it's all hush-hush. Grindr and Scruff are prevalent and most Russian men claim to be tops. During my visit last month, I hooked up with three different guys I met on the apps, twice with one of them.

by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2019 1:57 AM

better off in st peterburg…...tho im sure there are things of interest in Moscow. hot thick butch whores in bathhouses

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2019 1:57 AM

One of my best friends is from Moscow. He was just there to visit his parents.

He said sanctions have really hurt the economy. You can get into any expensive restaurant, even ones that used to be booked for months.

He also said that the gay scene in Moscow is busy. Apparently, many of Putin's buds in the Kremlin are gay and all the homophobia is just red meat for the rubes. They turn a blind eye to the gay scene in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2019 2:00 AM

Shithole country with shitty shithole people.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2019 2:07 AM

OP, I’ve lived in Moscow for a few years when my Kazakh dad was moving the family around the whole continent. It’s a hub city, like London or LA. So the people you'll meet there will be a potpourri of Slavic migrants (Ukrainians, Russians from other areas), Central Asians like me (Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Tajiks - mostly moderate Muslims), migrants from the Caucasus mountain region (LOTS and LOTS of Armenians and Georgians), etc. You mostly won't meet any local natives - the majority are migrants from somewhere else.

I'm a big foodie and the best thing were the high-end restaurants. Lavish décor and you can taste cuisine from the entire region in one city. Georgian and Uzbek food (lamb dishes, etc) is very popular there - it's like Indian food in London, or Chinese in NYC. The Kamchatka crab (peninsula opposite Japan) is considered a delicacy.

The museums are obviously beautiful. I’m a ballet fan and had friends in the [italic]corps de ballet[/italic] of Bolshoi's theatre and would get priority tix for shows.

I was there a long time ago and underage, so I don't know what the club scene is like anymore. The main clubs used to be huge in size. I read one gay club frequented by celebs is called “Boyz”. There also used to be an infamous male strip club with a predominantly male clientele ("Red Riding Hood”).

The subway system is efficient (they finally installed USB chargers into carriages, so you can charge your phone), but avoid peak times. There are like 20 million people in the city's greater metropolitan area (including migrants and commuters) so it gets ridiculously overcrowded. The traffic is hell, similar to LA - if you can, avoid the roads.

Moscow is quite metrosexual and hipster but not particularly gay-friendly. Especially with the new wave of more traditionalist Muslim migrants from Dagestan and Tajikistan moving in, etc. There’s a 'don’t ask, don’t tell policy', so it’s best if you already know other gays in the city.

There’s a big powerful circle of SUPER-RICH multi-millionaire gays in the entertainemnt industy (TV, music, etc). Most of them are in “glass closets” - they don’t talk about their sexuality, but they’re so publicly flaming and smooching each other at events, that eveybody knows they’re gay / bisexual.

The main ones are: singer Sergey Lazarev (he often bearded, but he fooled literally no one); Philip Kirkorov - Bulgarian-Armenian singer (who hired Bruce Weber’s fave Brazilian hot male model, Marlon Teixeira, for a “video shoot”); Nikolai Baskov (opera singer); Nikolai Tsiskaridze - Georgian ballet dancer; Alexander Vasiliev - eldergay morning show host and fashion historian. They hang out in expensive restaurants and in the stalls during hot-ticket theatre premieres, so you’ll run into them all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2019 2:08 AM

Garbage people and a garbage nation which should be nuked.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2019 2:56 AM

R31, those skyscrapers in the photo are still there. I don't know what you're referring to.

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2019 2:58 AM

are these russian savages still attacking gays, r39?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2019 3:02 AM

Ugly city. Ugly people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2019 3:04 AM

Have they moved on from krokodil yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2019 3:11 AM

Dangerous..go with a AAA tour group if u must..subway after 11 pm is a very bad idea..cops will shake u down

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2019 3:15 AM

Surprise, surprise. OP is a racist troll who also started this thread. Probably a Russian troll himself. Are all Russians racist?

[quote] Sometimes It's Hard Not To Have Racist Thoughts...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2019 3:19 AM

Although one can use Western Credit cards in most hotels and restaurants catering to Western tourists, cash is still king.

And by cash I mean the Rouble.

Hold onto your wallet, careful of scammers.

Never flash US dollars or euros.

Hard currency prostitutes are Russia's most efficient and professional workers and they are shoulder to shoulder anywhere Westerners congregate.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2019 3:19 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2019 3:20 AM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2019 7:51 PM

What a bunch of ugly shitheads Russians are.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2019 1:22 AM

We can play this game with any American locale and spam a bunch of pics of obese hogs like Mama June and Deliverance-looking inbred hillbillies. Easily.

I know quite a few people in Moscow and they are overall far much better looking than what I see around my city (large US sunbelt city). And I have friends from the US and Europe who have been there recently and loved it.

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2019 1:56 AM

Is that why they are so desperate to have their anchor babies here in the US, R49.

Homophobic Russkis can go eat shit. NOBODY likes them, especially not here.

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2019 5:19 AM

I found Russia to be a waste land of crippled old people. Don't waste your time and money.

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2019 6:06 AM

Good thing there's no homophobia in America! Crippled old people? Yes...all those Russian supermodels and athletes are definitely crippled, old and unattractive!

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2019 1:07 PM

R14: is that Cheryl’s Russian cousin?

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2019 1:48 PM

You sound triggered that others are pointing out what a piece of shit Russia is, R52. Hmmm, wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2019 11:18 PM

Looks lovely though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2019 11:19 PM

R49: textbook example of "whataboutism", the preferred debating method of Russians and wingnuts.

When you can't defend your position, attack everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2019 11:39 PM

I used to work in the Foreign Service and was sent to Moscow on a TDY Temporary Tour of Duty and it was absolutely awful for gay stuff. There may be more clubs now but 10 years ago, there were only two significant clubs in a city of 8 or 9 million people. To be begin with, the clubs are mostly kind of underground. There are no signs on the exterior where they are housed announcing the name or activity of the club. That being said - finding the right door and location for the first time can be frustrating as hell. Russian bars are serious about their bouncers. The guys who frisk you upon entering are meant to deter problems - and believe me the size of the guys and the roughness of the frisk remind you that they could snap you into two pieces quickly. A few years ago - less than 5, none of the clubs would accept credit or debit cards and there were no banks or ATMS close by like in the States. THey give you a band with a number and you show that number each time you order something (a drink, food, or pay for a hooker). At the end of the night you have to have enough cash on you to pay the bill in full or else! I am not kidding about this. They do not fuck around at all. The clubs are destination places - what I mean is that you go and stay because of the harsh weather outside. When I arrived I came first into the area that was the dance club then I wandered around through some hallways (all connected and well lite)and went to the bar and then to the tutb areas (which Russians love

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2019 5:13 AM

It's heaven!!

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2019 5:16 AM

THen I discovered a room or level of the dance club/bar whatever you want to call it that had a dark room with a maze....you basically walk into the room and it is 100% dark and you cannot see shit. So you have to feel your way forward and of course there are door knobs and you can open one and go into a little bathhouse type small room and then close it and lock it - for a little privacy but remember you literally cannot see the guy at fucking all. No one speaks English except the couple of dark black Nigerian hookers who are on scholarship in Moscow. If you see a black dude in a gay club that might be your lifeline to get some translation help but be careful because time is money in Russia. Hookers could be primarily identified by being the super hot guys in red underwear. This may have changed but it was the rule when I was there. Now, I speak French, Spanish, and Portuguese and none of these languages helped me. Drink prices are not posted conspicuously and the bartenders will absolutely charge as much as they think they can get from you. For me, the drink prices were all over the board for the night. The Nigerian hooker helped me figure out the appropriate prices. Admission and covers to the bars are the same - if you look like a foreigner - you might get charged more one night and less another.

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2019 5:22 AM

If you go out alone - remember that the subway stops at 2:00 a.m. and cab rides in Moscow are the highest in the entire world. It is not uncommon to spend $100.00 in cab fare for just 10/15 minutes of driving. My cab driver got pulled over and was arrested for some reason that I could not figure out. Always carry a copy of your passport with you and leave the original in your hotel safe. If you stay for any significant time , register your passport with the embassy or consulate. You see if you lose your passport but have a copy on you and can give that to the embassy or consulate they can immediately make you a new one. Otherwise - you may have to wait a few days for Washington to make a new one and get it to the Embassy. On this night, the cops asked me out of the car and I pulled out my black diplomatic passport so I wasn't worried . However, the did make me pay the cab fare to them instead of the driver and I had to get out and get another cab.

MOVE TO THE UKRAINE OR THE BALTICS OR ONE OF THE FORMER EAST EUROPEAN COUNTRIES - THEY LOVE AMERICANS AND GAY STUFF IS MUCH MORE EVOLVED. Without Russian language skills, you will be isolated and unable to talk to the gay population and once they discovery that you cannot speak Russian - and there is no one to assist with translation - well there is nothing either of you can say to carry on a conversation and so it ends quickly and they move away in frustration. Finally, if you are a super hot Russian gay guy you have likely already moved from the country. Moscow was no Prague or Budapest. I am exaggerating greatly but I really only saw daddy, hairy, round belly types of guys - which I like sometime. The guys are overwhelmingly white even thought Russia is a multicultural country

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2019 5:37 AM

R60 gay is accepted in Ukraine and the Baltics?

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2019 6:15 AM

I was in Moscow several years ago and enjoyed it. I am not gay, and I think my trip must have been in winter 2013, prior to Russia’s anti-gay policies being publicized in the West. So that was a non-issue for me, and my experience won’t be that helpful for someone who is interested in gay nightlife or safety issues specific to gay men.

I was only there a few days and did not travel outside of the city center, except to come in from the airport and then take a train in to St Petersburg. Even though it was cold. all the interiors are kept quite warm so the women tend to wear big furs and nice boots, but without multiple layers underneath. The women in St. Petersburg walk on icy cobblestone sidewalks like champions, but that’s St Petersburg. The Moscow subway system is easy to understand and efficient. Hotels and restaurants were not particularly expensive or cheap, but I suspect the lower end hotels and restaurants are more of a bargain relative to Western Europe and the US. Obviously this may have changed. Transportation from the airport isn’t difficult. I remember avoiding cabs, but can’t recall if it was because of the expense.

In the winter they flood the paths in Gorky park (their Central Park) so you can ice skate on them. There are several miles of this. Just walking around we ran across a replica of a space ship on display and the plaque says something like, “This is a replica of the super great ABC spaceship. Construction was begun in 19##, but then we ran out of money.” I remember the local English language papers made it seem like they still weren’t over the Cold War. On the street, people look you in the face without smiling. They do it to each other too. The Kremlin museum was interesting.

Don’t order a martini. Not even in a four or five star US chain hotel. They drink vodka straight, so the idea of a dash of vermouth makes no sense to them. I got one that was half and half, and the waiter got offended when I sent it back.

One thing I wound have done differently is memorized the alphabet. I did not do this, and was unable to sound things out phonetically. It made things a little more difficult, especially ordering food. Of course, now it is more common to have phone service when traveling outside of the US. so less of an issue today than when I went, as you can just look stuff up on your phone.

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2019 10:43 AM

They're not exactly known for their cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2019 1:10 PM

This has been a very interesting read.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2019 1:37 PM

Makes me want to click my heels and head back to Kansas :)

by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2019 3:10 PM

I went in 1977. Color and happiness were banned. The people, streets and weather were gray. It smelled like beets and despair.

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2019 3:13 PM

What's with an the anti Russian rhetoric? Most Eastern euro countries are no better. China is a shithole too, and more of a threat to us.

by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2019 3:24 PM

I'm a regular visitor to Russia and spend most of my time in Moscow. The gay scene has moved entirely to word-of-mouth for social gatherings. Except three bathhouses, which you can find on any gay guide to Moscow. I'm not a bathhouse guy and have never been to one, but a few my my friends have been. Somebody upthread posted about his experiences at one of them and it remains accurate.

There are no "gayborhoods" or casual cafes/bars/nightclubs, so you can't just go somewhere and hangout with other gays, unless you know somebody who is in the know. Meet ups are pretty regular, and are basically parties at somebody's place with music and drinking. And smoking. Lots of smoking. Basically, they remind me of grad student parties when I was in grad school.

As for hooking up? Grindr is very popular. Do not state explicitly what you are looking for, just indicate top, bottom, or vers. Get into details in massages. As somebody mentioned above, the vast majority of Russians claim to be tops. Russians will want to come to your hotel room, usually between 6-8PM, on their way home to their wives. At most hotels you have to go to the lobby to meet your "date," since hotel elevators require a keycard to activate them. You are expected to provide condoms and lube and expect to use them. Russians will use condoms to fuck or get fucked. Most guys want to shower after sex, before they leave. I usually shower with them before, too. Late night hook ups are rarer than here and can be fraught with misunderstandings about money changing hands (you pay them). There are tons of hustlers and "masseurs" on Grindr, but very few trans. Never agree to meet up anywhere you do not know.

Scruff is also popular, but more for foreigners in Moscow than for Russians. Hornet and Romeo are also widely used. But Grindr is king.

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote] What's with an the anti Russian rhetoric?

Maybe because they keep interfering n American elections?

[quote] Most Eastern euro countries are no better. China is a shithole too, and more of a threat to us.

Yes, Mitch,

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2019 4:13 PM

Thanks you OP for posting thread to let us know how beautiful Moscow is to Americans because it has everything that patriot Americans could ever want. We love the homosexualists like those here on this American site it's just that we do not let them recruit our children or have sex with each other in ways that good patriot people could know about. Live and let live, says our wonderful Putin, friend to America and Trump, as long as you live in privates and do not tell anyone what you live. Thanks you again OP! Praise to Olive Stone for knowing that our laws protect the children from the bad gays, not the good gays like the ones on this patriot site, and the bad gays should all be killed.

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2019 4:19 PM

All of the descriptions seem like a living mine field of disappointment, corruption or violence. As much as you want to sugarcoat things about the restaurants and museums, it sounds like a stressful nightmare.

Never had a desire to go - my brother went and was shook down by the police three times. On a train from St. Pete to Moscow, they did a random passport check and said they would throw him off the train in the middle of nowhere unless he paid their madeup 'fine' of several hundred dollars.

Who needs this fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2019 4:37 PM

Wait a minute. We aren’t talking about the scariest part of all — the surveillance. I’m assuming that most of you who go are executives and gay, are you not terrified of being surveilled??? I realize you are going into dark sex clubs, but I honestly would be terrified to go there and party.

Also, I agree, it sounds awful there. Too bad Vlad and his cronies have given it up the ass to “Mother Russia.” They claim to love their country, but they have raped and pillaged. They claim to want respect for their country in the world, but respect begins at home.

by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2019 6:33 PM

just to clarify, grindr has been banned in Russia. I just did a search on grindr for profiles and no one came up

scruff is still active though

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2019 6:35 PM

Silly R73. It's called VPN and savvy gays, including Russian gays, use one.

by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2019 8:27 PM

R63 Russians eat shit. Putin's and other forms.

by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2019 8:29 PM

I’ve never been, but my husband did twenty years ago. The food was awful. He ordered a chicken dish that was a whole chicken smashed up, bones and all. He brought back a huge jar of really good caviar, though.

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2019 8:43 PM

A city of 11 million people and a strong sense that no one is really in charge. A very "Wild Wild West" feel. EVERYBODY smokes and drinks to excess . The government is so corrupt that if you have $ you can get away with pretty much anything. Women are still treated poorly and dress like the Russian male idea of a "Pretty Woman" prostitute. Once a woman is no longer considered attractive she is of ZERO value. The birth rate is dismal and there are more men then woman. Competition rewards straight men who are "fat, drunk and stupid" as a way of life. If you are a halfway decent looking gay man and have $ you will be a "hot property" Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2019 8:54 PM

The American troll farms are strong tonight.

by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2019 11:46 PM

My favourite Russian is Pavel Petel. However I learned that he's Ukrainian. I think he may be more exotic - perhaps Tartar as in Yul Brynner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2019 1:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!