Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Went to the cemetery this morning to visit my father's grave

A few minutes later a douchebro pulls in, gets out of his ginormous SUV and lets three dogs out of the truck and pulls out two bikes.

The dogs proceed to run around the cemetery pissing and shitting wherever they like while two kids ride the bikes around like they're on a dirt track.

All the while douchbro is sitting in his truck smoking and drinking coffee.

There's a city park about two blocks from the cemetery and yet this asswipe thought it was ok to use a cemetery as a dog park and dirt track.

Some days I really want to murder every person I meet.

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2019 10:33 AM

Call the police

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2019 8:21 PM

Is the cemetery taken care of by any organization? I'd call them. I'd be livid if I saw that.

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2019 8:22 PM

I'd video that shit and put it on social media including his licence plate. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2019 8:24 PM

That's the most infuriating thing I've read in a good while.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2019 8:24 PM

It appears your father was a veteran.

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2019 8:26 PM

I actually tried to see his plate but he had those tinted covers so that you can only see the plate if you're looking at it directly. I honestly didn't try to get close enough to look. Maybe if their weren't kids present, but for some reason I don't like confronting people when they have kids with them. I will be calling the city on Monday to let them know so maybe one of the workers can keep an eye out and call the cops. If he did this today I'm sure he's done it before.

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2019 8:28 PM

That's horrible. I once saw a guy jogging in the cemetery and I wasn't to thrilled with that. I can't imagine this scenario playing out. Call the people that run and care for the cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2019 8:29 PM

The funny thing is there are signs all over the place saying no dogs permitted, yet every time I go there people are there with their dogs. The last time I complained to the city the manger said maybe they were visiting loved ones. That's no excuse to treat a cemetery like your backyard.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2019 8:31 PM

The guy in the SUV clearly hasn't seen Poltergeist.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2019 8:32 PM

Many pooch owners tend to be entitled , anti social scum of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2019 8:41 PM

What kind of dogs?

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]Maybe if their weren't kids present,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2019 8:54 PM

Maybe you should eat shit! Or not complain.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2019 9:01 PM

OP, did your dad have a payee?

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2019 9:06 PM

It's not really a city police issue because it's private property subject to private rules of use. Go to or call the cemetery office.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2019 9:20 PM

R13...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2019 9:29 PM

I've seen that too, OP. I've also seen people having picnics, rollerblading, and going for a jog with their fucking dogs on a leash. I did call the cemetery office and complain and you better believe there were cops there from then on. No matter what time I went, there was always a cop car there.

I think either the cemetery pays them or asks them to hang out there instead of a coffee shop. Either way, that was 5 years ago and they still hang out there.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2019 9:33 PM

Nate in "Six Feet Under" jogged in cemeteries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2019 9:35 PM

your dad isn't there anymore, stop going

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2019 9:37 PM

Maybe he was visiting a dead person and mourning in his way.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2019 9:37 PM

It's not like the residents are bothered by the noise

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2019 9:37 PM

My mother used to take us children to the cemetery where her mother was buried and have a picnic. Every year we went there to catch pollywogs in a pond there. It was a gorgeous place with stunning plantings.

Didn't realize this was weird till I grew up.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2019 9:42 PM

In my teens there was boy in our circle who had recurrent leukemia, this was the mid eighties so he basically knew his time was running out. He got very drunk one night and tearfully mentioned to a girl I knew that he was a virgin and cried about how he'd probably never have sex (he wasn't ugly, just not particularly attractive). Now this girl was sweet, super smart and kind of nerdy with glasses, but on the way home she pulled him into a cemetery (where he'd be buried a few months later) and fucked his brains out.

It's the only time I've ever approved of desecrating a cemetary. I still smile when I go back home and walk by there.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2019 9:52 PM

Ah pity fucks are nice R23.

Now a cemetary not my thing to picnic in, have a party in our what have you. However Providence, RI has a gem of a park in Roger Williams Park. We were there having a nice dinner one night and these assholes on ATV's were ripping through the park. So I called the back office number of the Providence police and politely asked if they'd send a cruiser out. Reason I did it is because I knew the city was cracking down on ATV's. About 10 minutes later no more ATV's. Ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2019 10:01 PM

You’re right to be upset by this OP. Some people just don’t know any better. Are there signs posted at the entrance specifying what is and isn’t allowed in this cemetery? I would call or stop by the cemetery office and talk to the people responsible for enforcing the rules.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote]Are there signs posted at the entrance specifying what is and isn’t allowed in this cemetery?

Yes, at every entrance. People just don't care.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2019 10:19 PM

The cemetery where my parents are buried sponsors different running/walking events, including a CARACOLE walk. They warn people to keep pets on leashes (they never do). It's possible to be respectful, but most people aren't. It's very close to my house, and very peaceful and restful. Sometimes I go there for a long walk, but sometimes I just sit in my car, and read a book. It's one of the rare places that I can hear thrushes.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2019 10:19 PM

One cemetery near me had a big problem with competitive cyclists using the hills and winding paths to train. One wiped out near the historic baby section (miniature monuments) and ended up knocking over a few hundred year old headstones.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2019 10:23 PM

I doubt OP’s dad cares.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2019 10:25 PM

This didn't happen, but fun story

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2019 10:26 PM

It’s not that OP's dad doesn’t care, it’s that OP cares about his dad.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2019 10:30 PM

I'm not opposed to people, especially seniors, using the grounds for a quiet stroll safely away from traffic, but visitors should not have to deal with scraping dog shit off their shoes. That's just rude.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2019 10:39 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2019 10:41 PM

You must just hate the doggos, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2019 10:42 PM

I don't think this ever happened, but if it did, it almost certainly happened south of the Manson-Nixon line.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2019 10:42 PM

I’m sorry OP. People suck.

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2019 10:42 PM

OP, that is what white trash is.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2019 10:43 PM

[quote]Maybe he was visiting a dead person and mourning in his way.

No, he didn't want to pay to have his kids enter a campground or he's already been told to gtfo at other places.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2019 10:44 PM

You must live in Michigan. The epicenter of white-trash America.

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2019 10:45 PM

I used to love to go to the cemetery as a kid; my grandmother would take us every several weeks to put fresh flowers on my grandfather's grave. It was so peaceful and the gravestones were fascinating to me. Now, my mother and all four grandparents are resting there. It's no longer fun to go.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2019 10:46 PM

Maybe cemeteries have become a place for people that need help.

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2019 10:49 PM

[quote] R22: My mother used to take us children to the cemetery where her mother was buried and have a picnic.

Picnics were actually quite common in the late 19th century.

My Mom would take us to the local historic cemetery once a year.

There’s a lot of tourism these days in cemeteries. Particularly garden cemeteries, where the turkeys are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2019 10:53 PM

R24, there is no apostrophe needed in ATVs.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote] ended up knocking over a few hundred year old headstones

R28 No ma'am, this didn't happen, but nice try!

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2019 10:57 PM

R42 I love your story. Cemeteries are places where people should enjoy, remember, and feel community love. I think more people would pay for burials if they knew it would be a lovely experience to visit one’s loved one.

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2019 10:57 PM

R44, why don’t you think that’s possible? I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2019 11:03 PM

Lakeview Cemetary in Cleveland Ohio is also a nature preserve. There are hiking trails, you can certainly jog. They even have a naturalist there. I took a guided night hike there once. But I don’t recall ever seeing dogs there. That would be so wrong. And certainly no dirt bikes.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2019 11:04 PM

R46 bless your heart

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2019 11:07 PM

Thanks r48, but that doesn’t answer the question.

I don’t find it that hard to believe that someone falling off a bike can damage a few headstones.

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2019 11:39 PM

I can understand visiting a cemetery quietly and even picnicking because that's an old tradition with some cultures and at least traditionally they were picnicking while visiting family but letting your dogs and kids run wild is just disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2019 12:22 AM

You guys are shit at knowing what is an EST and what isn't.

I found multiple articles about someone on a bicycle, motorcycle or ATV knocking over headstones, yet Miss Marple at r44 says it could never have happened.

by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2019 12:54 AM

I saw a person that would walk in the cemetery for exercise but she told me she avoided a certain area because every time she walked down that path in front of a certain mausoleum someone would tap her on her shoulder and hiss in her ear and when she turned around no one was there..

During hunting season you will see families of deer in the cemetery. I saw a doe, buck and 3 fawns one year. I do worry about a bear showing up sometime when I am there.

by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2019 1:28 AM

I feel her, R52. I inherited and now live in my grandmother's condo and the same thing happens to me.

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2019 11:11 PM

[quote] I saw a person that would walk in the cemetery for exercise but she told me she avoided a certain area because every time she walked down that path in front of a certain mausoleum someone would tap her on her shoulder and hiss in her ear and when she turned around no one was there..

Are you sure it wasn't a tap on the haunches and a vicious "Move it along, toots!" ?

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2019 9:28 AM

OP, you fucking pussy, why didn't you film them?

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2019 9:28 AM

OP, you have demanded to speak with the manager.

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2019 9:50 AM

Sadly, our local cemetery is becoming a place for drug addicts to hang out, purchase, and shoot up. There are now signs warning people to watch out for used needles and other drug paraphernalia on roads and in grassy areas. At one time, the only thing you had to worry about happening was finding parked cars at night in the very back of the cemetery with people having sex.......

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2019 10:17 AM

I don't see a problem with jogging through a cemetery, but I' also believe cremation should be mandatory since we have 7 billion people on this earth. Very few people have made a significant enough impact on the world to command the preservation of a segment of Earth for all eternity. Most graves aren't even visited after the immediate family passes. The grave stones are nice, but most cemeteries should be converted to a park or evict the coffins after 100 years and move away from this wasteful practice.

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2019 10:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!