Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A scientist behind the black hole pic is a cute gay nerd

A bunch of straight guys were pissed that a woman was getting some credit for this, and they were quick to highlight Andrew Chael as the guy who did everything. This caused Chael to defend his colleague and state his own sexuality, saying, "While I appreciate the congratulations on a result that I worked hard on for years, if you are congratulating me because you have a sexist vendetta against Katie, please go away and reconsider your priorities in life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 16, 2019 3:55 AM

Cute? Someone needs to go to Pearle Vision and get their eyes checked.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2019 10:29 PM

When internet trolls tried to detract from Katherine Bouman's rise to stardom for her part in creating the first image of a black hole, her colleague quickly shut them down.

Bouman, 29, created one of the algorithms that led to the groundbreaking black hole image. She also helped develop the imaging and verification process.

However, a nasty corner of the internet tried to downplay Bouman's role and started spreading posts claiming that Andrew Chael -- a white male scientist -- was actually the mastermind behind the project. The misleading posts, on Reddit and Twitter, said Chael alone had authored "850,000 of the 900,000 lines of code that were written in the historic black-hole image algorithm!"

However, the effort quickly backfired.

Though it may have been nice to receive more recognition, Chael immediately took to Twitter to explain that the online trolls had exaggerated his contributions, and he defended Bouman's work. In addition, Chael said that as an openly gay man, he is also an underrepresented demographic in STEM.

"Once I realized that many online commentators were using my name and image to advance a sexist agenda to claim that Katie's leading role in our global team was invented, I felt I should say something to make it clear I rejected that view," Chael told CNN.

"I did not write "850,000 lines of code" -- many of those "lines" tracked by github are in model files," Chael said in his tweets. "There are about 68,000 lines in the current software, and I don't care how many of those I personally authored."

The Harvard University graduate student also criticized the sexist attacks against his colleague, especially when science is such a male-dominated field.

"While I appreciate the congratulations on a result that I worked hard on for years, if you are congratulating me because you have a sexist vendetta against Katie, please go away and reconsider your priorities in life," Chael wrote.

Chael wrote the code for one of three scripted code pipelines that scientists used to transform telescope data into a coherent image.

He hopes Bouman's story inspires more women to seek out opportunities in radio astronomy. "I still recognize that we as a collaboration and a field have work to do to build that representation ourselves," Chael told CNN.

Though Bouman has received a lot of attention, she has maintained that the black hole image was the product of teamwork.

"No one of us could've done it alone," Bouman told CNN. "It came together because of lots of different people from many backgrounds."

The Event Horizon Telescope project was composed of an international team of more than 200 researchers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2019 10:31 PM

Aww, cute geek. I love geeky guys. Who's his bf?

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2019 10:31 PM

Gay geeks unite!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2019 10:33 PM

R4 now that's a cute geek

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2019 10:34 PM

Any pics of his black hole?

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2019 10:34 PM

R4 is the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2019 10:34 PM

The media gave the credit to the Jewish girl, it's Jewish privilege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2019 10:34 PM

I have had some incredible sex with gay geeks.

Because they REALLY THINK about sex A LOT, which makes them super-horny. But they don't actually get to do it that much.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2019 10:37 PM

Gay geeks are dominating pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2019 10:40 PM

I love gay geeks, but I'm an ugly gay geek... even ugly for the other geeks :( Life sucks

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2019 10:47 PM

He is cute. Definitely would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2019 10:53 PM

He's white, so of course he is cute.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2019 10:56 PM

R13 = SJW lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2019 11:01 PM

He’s gonna get so much dick now, after presenting that record-breaking hole.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2019 11:06 PM

We need more men like him.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2019 11:18 PM

White knight

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2019 11:26 PM

He seems like an awesome person 💖

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2019 11:27 PM

He reminds me of a young Matthew Modine.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2019 11:31 PM

I didn't realize Bouman was Jewish. Figures she would get the credit...

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2019 11:31 PM

R15 wins. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2019 11:31 PM

r13 = straight woman with standards.

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Ah R11, don't be down on yourself. It's cliche but there's someone out there for you and he'll love your geekiness.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2019 11:41 PM

He shouldn't have given up the credit for correctness' sake. He's going to regret being the guy who defers to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2019 11:42 PM

Agree with R24. I hadn't even heard of him until now, I only saw the picture of the woman. While it's nice what he's doing, he deserves the credit and should allow himself some pride.

by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2019 11:58 PM

Was it really people being sexist like the press would have us believe or was it just the other people speaking up for the inclusivity of the other team members?

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2019 12:24 AM

Is he only into black holes?

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2019 12:37 AM

So our anti-semite alt right troll parasites are saying Katie Bouman is “a Jew” and I’m thinking, how the fuck do they even know that?

I googled it and oh my god there’s so much monstrous hate out there in the Nazi States of America. Ho. Lee. FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2019 12:41 AM

Yeah taking a trip down the alt-right sphere makes you need a shower r28. So many waste of breaths out there.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2019 12:43 AM

Good for him for standing up for his colleague. That’s hot

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2019 12:48 AM

r28 r29 speaking of showers, did you know that Ellis Island forced immigrants to take showers, while their clothes were sprayed with Zyklon B?

This was standard practice, because of the lice that carried the Typhus epidemic.

The Germans used this same de-lousing process to fight Typhus which was particularly prevalent in the Orthodox Jewish community because they refused to shower and shave their beards.

Jews were getting thousands of innocent people killed, by spreading Typhus in their dirty beards.

Just like today in New York, Jews are spreading measles to everybody around them, because they refuse to take vaccine shots.

Most of the Jews who died in WW2 died from Typhus, which got especially bad in the camps after the US bombed all the railroad tracks preventing delivery of food and medicine to the camps.

History is written by the winners, and every so-called Nazi death camp was either a work camp or a transit station, like Treblinka.

Did you know that they explain away the complete absence of evidence for 900,000 Holocausted Jews at Treblinka by claiming that the Nazis buried the bodies in a big hole, and then dug them all up, and burned all the bodies?

Except there isn't even a hole at Treblinka, and plenty of Jews who made it to Russia explained that Treblinka was nothing more than a transit stop and de-lousing station.

And at Auschwitz, at first they said 4 million Jews were killed there, then they reduced it to 1 million, but refused to revise the 6 million total number. And even that 1 million at Auschwitz was totally bogus.

History is written by the winners, and if the Germans had won WWII, they might have chosen to declare that Ellis Island was a death camp, where innocent people were gassed with (non-lethal, by the way) Zyklon B.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2019 12:53 AM

The guy looks fine and is cute in his own way. He's a Harvard graduate student and scientific researcher; not some meth-addicted instagram model posing in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2019 12:59 AM

R32 thank you!

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2019 1:06 AM

R31 your story is interesting. Where can one read more of this and where does the research for this come from?

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2019 1:08 AM

R31 is an alt-right anti-Semite. The forum is crawling with them right now. FF and block him, please.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2019 1:29 AM

It's not even a real picture, it's made up.

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]The media gave the credit to the Jewish girl, it's Jewish privilege.

Jewish? Where? That ain't a Jewish name. Katherine Louise Bouman?? That has goy written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2019 1:58 AM

R35 I don’t get anti Semite from the post necessarily. I am curious to know where this stuff comes from.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2019 2:06 AM

r34 thanks for reading it. You can read about it in a lot of places, but (((Google))), (((Youtube))) and other (((media))) companies do a very good job of scrubbing all Holocaust revision, for self-serving reasons.

All over the world, the Holocaust is the one historical event that people are not allowed to research skeptically. Gee, I wonder why?

You can start here, with this breakdown of a recent British Documentary about Treblinka, where they told a bunch of lies to promote the Treblinka narrative that 900,000 Jews were killed there.

Other things you can research: Ann Frank's father was a Nazi war profiteer, and he heavily "edited" the Ann Frank Diary. He is now listed as the co-author. That was a propaganda project designed to make Ann look very very wise beyond her years, and to promote the Zionist cause of guilting the world into giving the Jews somebody else's land in Palestine.

Also, Elie Weisel was a total fraud, and his classic book "Night" was originally listed as fiction, because it was. Only as the decades went on did Weisel start pretending that it was a true story. Weisel never went to Auschwitz, like he claimed in the book. He never had an Auschwitz tattoo, he's not listed in any of the documentation, and he was elsewhere at the time he claims he was at Auschwitz. Also, Weisel claimed that he saw huge piles of dead bodies just burning in big piles, but this is physically impossible because the human body is 90% water. That's why they need to be burned in crematoriums, which takes 4 hours per body.

Look into any aspect of the Holocaust, and there are huge problems with the narrative.

And dozens of Jews have been busted writing Holocaust survival books (like Elie Weisel, who was never publicly called out) that ended up being totally fake.

Every Jew who claimed to be at one of the camps was given millions of dollars in reparations, and German soldiers were tortured into telling the Soviets anything they wanted to hear. If the Jews wanted to hear 100 million Jews, the German soldiers would have "confessed" to every bit of it.

In reality, less than 1.5 million Jews died in WWII, and there was no mass extermination project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2019 2:17 AM

Speaking of outer space and hoaxes, we never went to the moon:

The Moon Landings: A Giant Hoax for Mankind?

An introduction to the mother of all conspiracy theories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2019 2:19 AM

Look at how the Auschwitz museum changed the death count from 4 million to 1 million, without the Holocaust total death count changing by even ONE person. The 6 million number comes from Jewish scripture, which predicted that Jews would return to Israel "minus six million".

If you want to know why Jews refuse to allow any honest examination whatsoever of their Holocaust story, it's because it's literally religion. And so is Ann Frank's Diary, even though it was mostly written by her father and hired hands. Saint Ann Frank is a Jewish religious figure now. And she died of Typhus, not being Holocausted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2019 2:22 AM

It's funny that after Oprah's Book Club promoted "Million Little Pieces", which turned out to be a fraud, Oprah's next book was "Six Million Little Pieces", otherwise known as "Night" by Elie Weisel. Another total hoax.

Weisel was a propaganda journalist for the media arm of Irgun, the Jewish terrorist organization that became the Israeli Army.

Weisel even stole his name from somebody who was a prisoner at Dachau or something. Because the guy had the same last name as Weisel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2019 2:26 AM

Elie Wiesel, a ludicrously unreliable survivor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2019 2:27 AM

My type, or one of them.

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2019 2:29 AM

Good Morning America interviews a Holocaust Hoax author, who says "It was real in my mind. And I still believe that it was true, even though it didn't happen"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2019 2:29 AM

Auschwitz Survivor Claims Elie Wiesel Was an Impostor

Years later, in 1986, Miklos was contacted by the Swedish journal Sydsvenska Dagbladet in Malmo and invited to meet "an old friend" named Elie Wiesel... As Miklos answered that he doesn`t know anyone with this name, he was told Elie Wiesel was the same person Miklos knew in the Nazi camps under the name Lazar Wiesel and with the inmate number A-7713...

gruner.jpeg Miklos still remembered that number and he was therefore convinced at that point that he was going to meet his old friend Lazar. He happily accepted the invitation to meet him at the Savoj Hotel in Stockholm on December 14, 1986. Miklos recalls:

" I was very happy at the idea of meeting Lazar but when I confronted the so-called "Eli Wiesel", I was stunned to see a man I didn`t recognize at all, who didn`t even speak Hungarian or Yiddish and instead he was speaking English in a strong French accent. Therefore our meeting was over in about ten minutes. As a goodbye gift, the man gave me his book entitled "Night" of which he claimed to be the author. I accepted the book I didn`t know at that time but told everyone there that this man was not the person he pretended to be!"

Miklos recalls that during this strange meeting, Elie Wiesel refused to show him the tattooed number on his arm, saying he didn`t want to exhibit his body. Miklos adds that Elie Wiesel showed his tattooed number afterward to an Israeli journalist who Miklos met and this journalist told Miklos that he didn`t have time to identify the number but... was certain it wasn`t a tattoo. Miklos says:

After that meeting with Elie Wiesel, I spent twenty years of research and found out that the man calling himself Elie Wiesel has never been in a Nazi concentration camp since he was not included in any official list of detainees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2019 2:32 AM

R41 thank you. I do believe the Holocaust existed because of the photos and films I’ve seen. I’ve also seen interviews with people. I also see how facts and figures can be misrepresented on both sides. Is the formal position of this to say that Jews were not exterminated in WW2 and that there was NO holocaust or is this to say that historical facts and figures in some accounts are not entirely accurate?

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2019 2:34 AM

Jesus Christ can we just get back to talking about the cute gay nerd.

by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2019 5:45 PM

It was a group effort

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 15, 2019 5:57 PM

If you want to defend disgusting sexist internet trolls, you are trash.

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2019 6:07 PM

ISHC

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2019 6:33 PM

R8 Goddamn Jonah Hill is hard to look at when he’s thinner. Just....not a handsome guy.

by Anonymousreply 52April 15, 2019 8:24 PM

r47 If a million Jews died from Typhus, starvation, and as Communist revolutionaries, that wasn't a Holocaust.

You saw British, American, and Soviet footage of the camps after the war. The Allies bombed all roads and railroads leading to the camps, so the Germans were not able to ship food and medicine to the camps. Plus all of Germany was half-starving at that point, so they weren't about to starve their own people to feed Jewish nationalists/communists who were sworn enemies of Germany.

And did you know that top Hollywood directors were brought in to film the camps and the "Holocaust" footage? Billy Wilder, Alfred Hitchcock, and others were brought in to exaggerate and create out of thin air the whole narrative of the Holocaust.

In fact, the entire world didn't even believe the media when they said that 6 million Jews were systematically killed in a "Holocaust", because the whole world knew it was B.S. propaganda from the winners of the war.

It wasn't until 30-40 years later that the media started trying to convince people that it really did happen. Just like with Elie Weisel's book "Night". It was always listed as fiction until 30-40 years passed, and the media and Elie himself started pretending that it was a true story.

So you saw footage of bodies being bull-dozed into mass graves, but that was British film and British tractors, after the war. We were told that was Evil German Nazi bull-dozers and mass graves.

They lied in 6 million different ways. They lied and told us the Nazis even made human soap and shrunken heads and human skin lampshades, and it was all lies. They even edited photos to depict dark smoke rising from the chimneys, and told us it was human ash being burned in the "Holocaust".

Look into it. Look into any aspect of the "Holocaust" narrative, and see if the skeptics are convincing.

You see a big pile of shoes, and you are told that those are the shoes of people who were killed immediately after. In reality camp inmates were given new shoes, and their old shoes were discarded along with their clothing because of the Typhus-carrying lice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 15, 2019 9:21 PM

Here's a well-known Jewish intellectual reporting on his Holocaust research. He realized the Holocaust was b.s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 15, 2019 9:25 PM

R27 made me laugh...

by Anonymousreply 55April 15, 2019 9:28 PM

“Just a picture of Kirsten Gillibrand with "Mattress Girl", who falsely accused a fellow student of rape. #MattressGirl #KavanaughAccuser #KirstenGillibrand”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 15, 2019 9:32 PM

Mars Landing EXPOSED - NASA Insight Probe 100% FAKE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 15, 2019 9:35 PM

Skip to 10:20 in the video at r57. It's all Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 58April 15, 2019 9:37 PM

Why can't Katie be Jewish? My aunt Katie is Jewish. She looks very Jewish to me, Bouman sounds like a typical Jewish surname. I'm only Jewish on my mother's side so what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 59April 15, 2019 9:50 PM

Indeed, r59. Where are those FFs when we could really use them? A triple order, please, Muriel!

by Anonymousreply 60April 15, 2019 9:51 PM

r59 of course she's Jewish, that's why she got the fake news to give her the credit.

Look at her try to cover up that big lying shnozz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 15, 2019 9:52 PM

Tweet by (((Paul Kanter)))

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62April 15, 2019 9:54 PM

Woman Does 6% of the Work but Gets 100% of the Credit: Black Hole Photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 15, 2019 9:54 PM

Albert Einstein: The Myth, the Plagiarist & the Zionist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 15, 2019 9:55 PM

Albert Einstein was a patent clerk during WW1. All he did was rip off other scientists.

Similarly, Chuck Schumer worked at an SAT test prep company in high school, before the SAT test was cheating-resistant. Chuck got a 1600 on his SATs, because he had all the answers.

by Anonymousreply 65April 15, 2019 9:57 PM

Remember that Wall Street crook (((Larry Summers))) was the president of Harvard when Mark Zuckerberg stole code from the goyishe Winkelvoss twins, who had hired Mark Zuckerberg to help them on their social networking web site.

Larry Summers protected his fellow Jew, and then the Wall Street Jews stepped in, and then the Jewish venture capital funds stepped in, and creepy little Mark Zuckerberg got praised as a genius by the Jewish media:

Larry Summers and the Winklevoss twins Scene from The Social Network

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 15, 2019 10:00 PM

“The Wolf of Wall Street” — the Movie

Begin with this howler: As the diminutive Jewish stock fraudster Jordan Belfort, director Martin Scorsese chose none other than six-foot-tall, (sometimes) blond-haired Leonardo DiCaprio. This has to go down as one of the most egregious miscastings in Hollywood history.

Why did it happen?

I will argue that this is a classic case of Hollywood deceiving the public, and I have plenty of evidence for this.

In the film, at exactly five minutes into the story — just after DiCaprio’s character has snorted cocaine with a hundred dollar bill and done a little trick by making us think “this shit” (cocaine) will make you invincible, when it fact he means the money he is using as a straw — he launches into a speech as he enters his busy trading floor:

See, money doesn’t just buy you a better life — better food, better cars, better pussy — it also makes you a better person. You can give generously to the church, or political party of your choice. Save the fuckin’ spotted owl with money. [emphasis added]

“To the church.” In his memoir from which the film springs, Belfort is refreshingly forthright that he is Jewish — and that all but one close associate is Jewish — as are the majority of his traders. Now in the film — which “happened” to open on Christmas Day 2013 — we are informed that rich people like DiCaprio’s Belfort can give “to the church,” not synagogue or ADL or Jewish think tank. It is this kind of subtle deception that would, in my view, prevent the vast, vast majority of Gentile viewers from understanding that these financial criminals are Jewish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 15, 2019 10:04 PM

They turned Madoff into an Italian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 15, 2019 10:06 PM

If they ever make a movie about Jeffrey Epstein, he'll probably be played by Brad Pitt or some goy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 15, 2019 10:08 PM

Seinfeld is the story of four anti social psychopaths without the laugh track

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 15, 2019 10:11 PM

[quote] I love gay geeks, but I'm an ugly gay geek... even ugly for the other geeks :( Life sucks

I find guys hot whom others are quick to dismiss.

by Anonymousreply 71April 15, 2019 10:16 PM

3 MINUTES TO TAKEOFF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2019 10:16 PM

I watch the relevant TV shows, (in particular, [italic] How the Universe Works [/italic] and there are a lot of gay guys in the field. I’ve learned a lot. Nothing practical, but interesting stuff (to me)

by Anonymousreply 73April 16, 2019 3:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!