Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want see Sara Bareilles in concert but she's playing 18,000 seat venues.

Is she that popular? I might just wait.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 5:57 AM

She is popular. But when people make the jump from symphony halls to the arena circuit they have set ups that shut off sections of the arena. Before changing your mind, skim a few reviews of similar acts in the same venue and avoid going if there is a history of sound problems or anything similar.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2019 7:22 PM

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2019 4:09 AM

Yuck, frau music!

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2019 4:11 AM

Sara Bareilles and Colbie Caillat - music for "sophistifraus"

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 4:18 AM

Bareilles has a beautiful throwback voice, is a great musician and really fun performer. I've seen her many times. She's been successful forever but she's waited a long time for this level of recognition. Waitress, JCS and the new album have taken her to the very top. She's almost 40 years old. Not for fraus. Only. You should go OP. She doesn't take herself too seriously but is amazingly talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 4:21 AM

She’s incredible in a small venue. This performance woke the inner frau in me I never knew existed.

Amazing song and lyrics. When the audience sings along....chills!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 4:26 AM

No one sings her own song from Waitress as well as Sara does. She's a bit of Laura Nyro and Carole King with a better trained voice. The sweep and rise and fall of this song is very beautiful, she's a good songwriter too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 12:11 AM

Not everyone has performed the song. It really could be a standard except when you get to the pie it veers into the weirdly specific and there you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 1:11 AM

This is one of my favorite youtube videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 1:18 AM

Shoshana Bean is a talented vocalist but there's a reason she's never anyone's first choice. Or second or third. Forth? If Katharine McPhee is cast before you, you're a very acquired taste.

Shoshana oversings and has a lot of unpleasant tones. She's a singer who serves her voice first, then the song. She's destroys a lot of songs that she covers. In the bad way. With rough and edgier material, she does a bit better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2019 1:25 AM

Sara is the real deal. A musician. Down to earth, intimate. Not really meant for stadiums though. The Hollywood Bowl should be great though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 1:32 AM

OK, Sara, enough with self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2019 1:37 AM

I saw Sara play a 12,000 seat area at Mohegan Sun. It was a great show. Don’t let the size of the area deter you from going.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2019 1:39 AM

She's for fraus? What does that even mean? Colbie Caillat does not belong in the same sentence with Sara Bareilles, never mind on the stage. R12 is upset that we post Sara's talent on a Sara Bareilles thread?

Here's some more. An earthy intro to a spellbinding vocal performance. Brave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2019 2:28 AM

This too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2019 2:44 AM

Oh My God, They're Playing Good Music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2019 4:00 AM

Oh, now you're on to Sugarland.

They are wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2019 12:15 PM

When I first heard King of Anything I wanted to dive into a hole. My partner told me, don’t take it personally, but I KNOW I’m an arrogant opinionated prick. After the refrain keeps going, Who died and made you the king of everything, for so many iterations I said, god, it’s like kicking the shit out of a dog...I’ll never open my mouth again. I guess I’m getting really old.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 5:47 AM

Crikey, that song from Waitress is a dirge. Suck it, Sara.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 5:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!