Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I want see Sara Bareilles in concert but she's playing 18,000 seat venues.

Is she that popular? I might just wait.

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2019

She is popular. But when people make the jump from symphony halls to the arena circuit they have set ups that shut off sections of the arena. Before changing your mind, skim a few reviews of similar acts in the same venue and avoid going if there is a history of sound problems or anything similar.

by Anonymousreply 104/12/2019

by Anonymousreply 204/13/2019

Yuck, frau music!

by Anonymousreply 304/13/2019

Sara Bareilles and Colbie Caillat - music for "sophistifraus"

by Anonymousreply 404/13/2019

Bareilles has a beautiful throwback voice, is a great musician and really fun performer. I've seen her many times. She's been successful forever but she's waited a long time for this level of recognition. Waitress, JCS and the new album have taken her to the very top. She's almost 40 years old. Not for fraus. Only. You should go OP. She doesn't take herself too seriously but is amazingly talented.

by Anonymousreply 504/13/2019

She’s incredible in a small venue. This performance woke the inner frau in me I never knew existed.

Amazing song and lyrics. When the audience sings along....chills!

by Anonymousreply 604/13/2019

No one sings her own song from Waitress as well as Sara does. She's a bit of Laura Nyro and Carole King with a better trained voice. The sweep and rise and fall of this song is very beautiful, she's a good songwriter too.

by Anonymousreply 704/14/2019

Not everyone has performed the song. It really could be a standard except when you get to the pie it veers into the weirdly specific and there you are.

by Anonymousreply 804/14/2019

This is one of my favorite youtube videos.

by Anonymousreply 904/14/2019

Shoshana Bean is a talented vocalist but there's a reason she's never anyone's first choice. Or second or third. Forth? If Katharine McPhee is cast before you, you're a very acquired taste.

Shoshana oversings and has a lot of unpleasant tones. She's a singer who serves her voice first, then the song. She's destroys a lot of songs that she covers. In the bad way. With rough and edgier material, she does a bit better.

by Anonymousreply 1004/14/2019

Sara is the real deal. A musician. Down to earth, intimate. Not really meant for stadiums though. The Hollywood Bowl should be great though.

by Anonymousreply 1104/14/2019

OK, Sara, enough with self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 1204/14/2019

I saw Sara play a 12,000 seat area at Mohegan Sun. It was a great show. Don’t let the size of the area deter you from going.

by Anonymousreply 1304/14/2019

She's for fraus? What does that even mean? Colbie Caillat does not belong in the same sentence with Sara Bareilles, never mind on the stage. R12 is upset that we post Sara's talent on a Sara Bareilles thread?

Here's some more. An earthy intro to a spellbinding vocal performance. Brave.

by Anonymousreply 1404/14/2019

This too.

by Anonymousreply 1504/14/2019

Oh My God, They're Playing Good Music.

by Anonymousreply 1604/14/2019

Oh, now you're on to Sugarland.

They are wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 1704/15/2019
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!