Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Facebook, Whatsapp, Gmail, YouTube, Amazon, Instagram and multiple UNRELATED sites go down three weeks ago?

What have we never been told why? There was a direct cyber attack and it is like it has disappeared from communal global memory.

What. The. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2019 7:47 AM

Will the tears never cease?

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2019 2:14 PM

Fuck you, R1, I am concerned with direct Kremlin and Chinese global hacking.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2019 2:23 PM

Amazon wasn't down, was it?

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2019 2:23 PM

So much concern!

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2019 2:24 PM

So much Putin-loving troll in you, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2019 2:26 PM

Right on cue

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2019 2:28 PM

As long as they are making money again, everythings peachy-keen with them!

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2019 2:30 PM

WHY did it happen? WHY is it not being discussed in the media? WHY is there no accountability?

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2019 2:44 PM

Ah, R1, R4 and R6 are the same poster.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2019 3:16 PM

Screaming for accountability makes you look a little unhinged.

I also want to know why it happened, and I follow enough tech writers on social media that I'll know why if it's ever announced. But if they fucked up and caused it themselves, it won't be announced. If it's a security concern because of a foreign agent hacking internet infrastructure, we won't know for months.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2019 3:24 PM

Why is wrong with OP asking this question?

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]Why is wrong with OP asking this question?

There's nothing wrong with it. People just don't know the answer and want to play smart asses instead.

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2019 3:39 PM

"Screaming for accountability makes you look a little unhinged. "

Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2019 3:41 PM

Umm, only three of those services were down simultaneously, Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram. All owned and managed by Facebook.

They tweeted the explanation, "Yesterday, as a result of a server configuration change, many people had trouble accessing our apps and services. We've now resolved the issues and our systems are recovering. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience."

But keep trying to spin your conspiracy, OP and disregard Occam's Razor. Note, as tech companies consolidate and rely on common service/cloud providers (e.g. AWS), outages become more common.

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2019 3:58 PM

Yes, "Just wow" is stunning insight and we're lucky you have shared it with us.

Look, OP has been demanding answers in multiple replies on this thread, and in the latest is asking "where's the accountability?" as if someone needs to be held accountable for this atrocity.

It was an outage. Google was down, and separately but within the same 24-hour period, Facebook (and their services IG and WhatsApp) also went down. We know why FB went down. We don't know why Google went down.

They were temporary outages and, as I said, we won't know what was behind them for a while, if ever. OP asking us to solve this mystery is pointless. We don't know.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2019 4:08 PM

You guys are not nice. I'm not the OP, and I think it was an interesting question. Sorry it wasn't about Lucille Ball in Mame or what goes on in your commode. It was curious how they all went down at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2019 4:12 PM

But they didn't all go down at the same time. Google was on a Tuesday, then Facebook was Wednesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2019 4:15 PM

What OP is hinting at is the alien interference into our dimensional reality. Few people know and even fewer understand that electronic based algorithms interact with organic consciousness fields to create an inter dimensional feedback paradox/entanglement event -- which seriously pisses off our neighbors in this sector of the galaxy. I've heard its akin (in our sensate platform) to hearing and smelling someone rather quietly pass wind repeatedly. All they (aliens) want is just a few minutes of peace.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2019 4:15 PM

Who cares? One day, OP, there will be no Facebook or Amazon or any of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2019 4:36 PM

It’s been hacked again.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2019 10:52 AM

In the UK, Facebook and Instagram have been tampered with again.

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2019 10:54 AM

Instagram seems to be down.

Anyone else having trouble logging onto IG?

I'm in North America.

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2019 11:13 AM

I can get in but nothing has updated for hours, looks like.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2019 11:23 AM

There's a club and you and I aren't members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2019 11:30 AM

R23 same here. R22, I can get into IG, but like FB, nothing newer than 16 hours.

by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2019 11:34 AM

This is all a preamble (possibly including the fake nuclear attack warning in Hawaii and the emergency “text message” to the nation from Pretender Trump), but to what?

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2019 11:53 AM

Facebook and Facebook Messenger are down in the US since around 06:45 EST.

I'm not conspiracy-minded, but this is looking pretty weird. What I want to know is, if they are being hacked why aren't they admitting it?

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2019 11:56 AM

I'll take r26 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2019 1:08 PM

OP I'd like to know too. I couldn't access gmail for three days.

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2019 1:13 PM

But R16, don't you agree that Lucille Ball would have been great as Mame, if she'd had a better script? The script by Paul Zindel (ugh!) was unplayable.

No one could have succeeded with that dog of a book. It was Lansbury's lucky day when Lucy was cast.

by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2019 1:18 PM

Any statement from Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2019 4:43 PM

R16 Funny you should mention both Lucy and my commode, as just this morning after a particularly labored movement, I bore witness to the eerie apparition of Scary Lucy in my toilet. Like Mame, it was a double-flusher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2019 7:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!