Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The hidden obstacle for Buttigieg 2020

You need at least some sex appeal to win in politics. And not that he's bad looking at all, but the openly gay aspect turns the switch "off" for all but the most delusional fraus. That leaves gay men as the only ones subject to his sex appeal.

Contrast this with Bill Clinton, who made straight women and gay men swoon. Or even Melania.

by Anonymousreply 138April 15, 2019 5:08 AM

I disagree. He has the same policy positions as all the others, but has a very conservative speaking style, which is oddly soothing. It's a contrast to the flailing and histrionics of Beto and Booker, which turns a lot of people off.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2019 1:05 AM

“You need at least some sex appeal to win in politics“ — see current president.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2019 1:14 AM

The orange fool in the White House right now blows your theory all to hell OP.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2019 1:15 AM

Also, don't understimate how MANY delusional frauen are out there!

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2019 1:19 AM

He seems genuine to me, the real deal. Untainted by politics. I hope he makes it.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2019 1:38 AM

The OP obviously jerks off to Trump's disgusting fat body.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2019 1:43 AM

Ahem

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2019 1:52 AM

Buttigieg has a different quality in common with Obama: calmness. Which is going to be really nice after four years of Trump hysteria.

Keep in mind, Buttigieg is going to spend a year and a half on the trail and will look older. Then if he did a four year term he would be in his forties and look like most younger Presidents.

I think he’s going to look a lot hotter when he gets just a couple more years on him. Think of Obama when he was first elected. He looked like a kid almost. A couple of years later he looked a lot older. He turned into a hot Daddy type and he was still pretty young.

Some people grow into their looks.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2019 1:52 AM

Or even Melania what? She's never run for office. You're an intellectual SKIDMARK, dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2019 1:56 AM

Well, Deplorables are always going on about how classy she is, so I’m guessing most of them are so low class they think a worn out, Eastern European whore fucking a gnome for money is classy.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2019 1:59 AM

Just the idea that someday, when Trump’s in prison and she’s standing on a street corner outside a Motel 6, you might be able to pay to throw your hotdog down her hallway, is something for Deplorables to aspire to.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2019 2:02 AM

huh?

by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2019 2:03 AM

He needs to make it explicitly clear that he’s a top. His people should stage photos of him patting his husband on the ass, so voters know he’s the “man” in the relationship. It also would help if some of his exes gossiped to a rag about his sexual prowess and huge dick (even if neither of these things are true). Some of these should be women, with Mayor Pete later “confirming” that he used to date girls when he was young and in the closet. We need to paint him as a masculine, big dick top, a conqueror of both ass and pussy. That should add plenty of sex appeal.

He also needs to hit the gym and then they can have him captured on a beach shirtless with his ripped body exposed.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2019 2:06 AM

Yeah, because Truman and Carter were both sex on a stick!

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2019 2:06 AM

I said last week the same thing - the male candidate needs to make sure everyone know he has a rather large cock, and the female candidate will need a hot rack. I agree that Butigieg has to be known as fudge packer, not the woman. The majority of Amurcan still think in that way - which one of you is the woman?

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2019 2:10 AM

Since we already had a half-black president, the next step would be a half-woman candidate...Mayor Pete?

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2019 2:14 AM

No, the majority of Deplorables might think that way, but probably not even the majority of Republicans.

No Democrat was ever going to get those votes. If he was an Andy Cohen type of gay, that would probably bring up the “is he macho enough” people, but he seems like a steady-hand-at-the-tiller type guy. That’s really his superpower. That’s what people want after four years of President Nutjob. Including our allies.

by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2019 2:17 AM

I weep for our country

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2019 2:25 AM

[QUOTE]That’s what people want after four years of President Nutjob. Including our allies.

Nobody wants a bottom in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2019 2:47 AM

But he has to bring Chasten along, r19. He's his husband.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2019 2:57 AM

You know damn well what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2019 3:08 AM

Stability is sexy. Plus, he has a great smile

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2019 3:20 AM

Chasten has a lot of fans on twitter and is really popular. Recently he tweeted that he came home late from a flight and there was nothing to eat at his house. People from all over the country invited him to dinner any time he was in their town. Including the South. So maybe people do want a bottom in the White House.

They were ok with a black man in the White House, but nobody knew that until it happened.

by Anonymousreply 23April 12, 2019 3:22 AM

Pete is doing Ellen’s show tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 12, 2019 3:32 AM

Pete is making his announcement Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 12, 2019 3:35 AM

Bottoms For Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 26April 12, 2019 3:36 AM

[QUOTE]So maybe people do want a bottom in the White House.

Yeah, in the private residence picking out new drapes and carpeting. Not actually in charge of anything.

by Anonymousreply 27April 12, 2019 3:36 AM

Chasten says he will pick out the White House china.

by Anonymousreply 28April 12, 2019 3:40 AM

The OP must have been mingling with whey queens all her life, sounding so disconnected from real people's taste

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2019 3:43 AM

[QUOTE]Chasten says he will pick out the White House china.

That’s good. He’s letting people know he’s the bottom. Tops couldn’t care less about china. But there’s still plenty more to be done.

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2019 3:45 AM

Here’s the tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2019 3:49 AM

I would love to see Chasten's WH Christmas decorations, especially juxtaposed with Mel's.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2019 3:51 AM

I’m not sure if this is the Buttigiegs’ house or Chasten’s parents’ house, but this is what he tweeted for Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2019 3:58 AM

Sometime in the coming weeks there will be photos published of Pete on the beach in board shorts, shirtless, revealing a tight torso and bulging pecs with an even dusting of fur...and that will catapult him to sex symbol status. Oh, and Chasten will probably be wearing a shirt.

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2019 4:12 AM

I think you're forgetting the most obvious obstacle. He's gay.

by Anonymousreply 35April 12, 2019 4:14 AM

Misogyny is more insidious than homophobia in the US. America will have an "openly" gay president/verp before they have a female one.

by Anonymousreply 36April 12, 2019 4:29 AM

r36, that's only because straight people don't have to think about it too much and it's not in their face. That's going to change once he hits the campaign trail. Watch the homophobia come out once it's in their face.

by Anonymousreply 37April 12, 2019 4:41 AM

After giving it careful thought, I like Mayor Pete a great deal and would vote for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 12, 2019 4:45 AM

R36, that’s going to open some eyes. Chasten mentioned there was an article about him in the South Bend paper, lots of homophobic comments.

But people assume it’s bad to see that. It might not be. Let people see how bad it is.

by Anonymousreply 39April 12, 2019 4:47 AM

The sexiness theory of political appeal becomes questionable when you consider that Biden and Bernie are frontrunners for the Democratic nomination.

And Hillary? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 40April 12, 2019 6:53 AM

He's brilliant and cute as hell. You are a mess and everything that gives gay men a bad rep. Moron.

by Anonymousreply 41April 12, 2019 7:19 AM

Pete needs R13 working on his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 42April 12, 2019 7:31 AM

Naked, facedown and presenting hole he 'might' have appeal.

by Anonymousreply 43April 12, 2019 9:23 AM

He needs to reign in his husband, he has been making some humorous comments but he seems to be enjoying the attention a bit too much and may end up ruining things for Pete

by Anonymousreply 44April 12, 2019 9:34 AM

Chasten does need to reign it in. Pete’s got a long way to go. Too much gaiety will ruin Pete’s message and attention to his ideas.

by Anonymousreply 45April 12, 2019 9:40 AM

Show them the stupidity in this thread and even the most tolerant straight people will be turned off of him.

by Anonymousreply 46April 12, 2019 12:04 PM

Bill Clinton and JFK are fug. I can see how their brand of fug can be “sexy,” because it’s all charisma, but they are both FAR from handsome men.

by Anonymousreply 47April 12, 2019 12:47 PM

Bill Clinton and JFK were pussyhounds. Women got wet subconsciously believing that they might get fucked by them.

by Anonymousreply 48April 12, 2019 12:54 PM

Watch out for these anti-Democratic candidate troll threads with 'concern' scripts.

by Anonymousreply 49April 12, 2019 12:54 PM

[quote] I’m not sure if this is the Buttigiegs’ house or Chasten’s parents’ house, but this is what he tweeted for Christmas.

R33 That is in Pete and Chasten's home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 12, 2019 1:21 PM

As a straight female. Physically speaking he has no sex appeal and if I have to choose I might as well go for beto. There is nothing unique about him besides been gay. I am also offended that some gays will compare him to obama. Obama had to fight the negative perception of been a black man which is different from pete. He had a harder battle to fight because of the color of his skin. As a black person it is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2019 1:57 PM

You pick Presidential candidates based on whether you’d like to sleep with them?

So how did you vote for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 52April 12, 2019 2:05 PM

I will vote for the candidate that has (D) after their name. Anyone.

by Anonymousreply 53April 12, 2019 2:11 PM

Bernie has a sort of "I don't give a damn" sex appeal. But maybe he is unique that way. Bernie-Pete Ticket?

by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2019 2:14 PM

Ticket to obscurity. Bernie does nothing but alienate people, he has a lot of sketchy financials people are wondering about. Don’t borrow somebody else’s dirty laundry. Bernie is probably going to get all his dirt brought up by Trump this time.

by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Trump’s not bringing anything up unless Bernie gets the nomination. If Bernie comes close and the nom goes to Biden or Mayor Pete, then Trump will fraudulently martyr Bernie like last time, claiming he got “robbed” in an attempt to disillusion Bernie’s supporters and keep them from voting in the general election.

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2019 2:30 PM

Tell it to the gay men I met in the '90s R47. To all of them Bill was sex on a stick. And when he came out as pro-LGBT even more so.

by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2019 2:48 PM

R51 You have no idea what you are talking about and you're also homophobic and just plain stupid. It was the Press that cleared the way for Obama because they wanted him as the first black American president. He actually had it easier because of the color of his skin. And yes, Pete does have sex appeal which you certainly can't see because you don't have it yourself. You should be offended by your own ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 58April 12, 2019 2:56 PM

R56, that’s what they did last time because it was a strategy. Bash Hillary because they all thought she would get the nomination and let Bernie go scot free because he wasn’t.

I don’t know if they can do it this time. Some of the candidates may choose to engage with Trump (a mistake), and then Trump will “hit back ten times harder” as he is so fond of saying, whether it’s strategic or not, because of his ego.

Also, I think Trump has mentally deteriorated a lot since 2016, and he doesn’t have the self control any more to keep his powder dry until he sees the whites of their eyes. He’ll go to one of those campaign stops and just bash them all, get a lot of applause, and do it more.

by Anonymousreply 59April 12, 2019 3:06 PM

Pete is on Ellen today.

by Anonymousreply 60April 12, 2019 3:48 PM

R10 You are really not a nice person. How do you sleep at night being so filled with hate?

by Anonymousreply 61April 12, 2019 5:20 PM

R61 maybe you should ask Trump how he sleeps at night being so filled with hate and disrespect for everyone and ask yourself how you could defend such a person.

by Anonymousreply 62April 12, 2019 6:20 PM

So, leaving policy aside for a second, who would be the best Democratic foil from the anti-Trump perspective? By which I mean, which set of qualities is most likely to contrast with Trump in a way that makes the Democratic contender seem fresh, and the president appear old, clueless, and malevolent? I suspect it is this question that is behind the budding candidacy of one Pete Buttigieg. When you think of him in a debate with Trump, one-on-one, everything gets scrambled. I don’t know what that dynamic would be like exactly, but it feels a lot less predictable than, say, Elizabeth Warren or Beto O’Rourke.

Trump would be the oldest president in history at 74; Buttigieg would be the youngest at 39. Trump landed in politics via his money and celebrity after years in the limelight; Buttigieg is the mayor of a midsize midwestern town, unknown until a few weeks ago. Trump is a pathological, malevolent narcissist from New York, breaking all sorts of norms. Buttigieg is a modest, reasonable pragmatist, and a near parody of normality. Trump thrives on a retro heterosexual persona; Buttigieg appears to be a rather conservative, married homosexual. Trump is a coward and draft dodger; Buttigieg served his country. Trump does not read; Buttigieg does. Trump’s genius is demonic demagoguery. Buttigieg’s gig is careful reasoning. Trump is a pagan; Buttigieg is a Christian. Trump vandalizes government; Buttigieg nurtures it.

To put it simply, Mayor Pete seems almost designed to expose everything that makes the country tired of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 12, 2019 9:48 PM

R63, that’s what I think. They’re like two sides of the same coin. That’s why I think Pete might resonate with voters. He’s the exact opposite of everything they’re tired of about Trump, but he’s not mean about it.

by Anonymousreply 64April 12, 2019 9:52 PM

Pete needs a sex tape of him pounding the living daylights out of some pussy.

by Anonymousreply 65April 12, 2019 10:53 PM

Nobody cares, R65, except the Mike Pences of the world. Who don’t vote Democratic anyway.

R61, I really don’t hate Melania. I have a couple of autistic nephews in their twenties and I really think she’s on the autistic spectrum, and that’s why Barron is too. Trump’s other kids don’t seem to be. I think her parents were using her as a wallet and she used Trump as a wallet. She tried to get a modeling career going in the U.S., she wasn’t really getting anywhere and Trump came along. He’s a perfect husband for an autistic woman because he doesn’t give a damn what she thinks as long as she agrees with whatever he’s saying and she can do that. In the end, she just wanted to marry a rich guy that would pay for her shopping so she wouldn’t have to worry about survival any more. She did that.

One of my autistic nephews had a mother who really worked with him, he had a lot of problems as a kid and still has some, but he’s mostly ok. Their other kid is normal and you can really tell the difference in personality although they both look alike and did well in school.

The second nephew has other parents who were very self-centered and did nothing to work with him. He has major anger problems and can be violent, steals and is abusive. Can’t hold onto a job or relationship.

I think Melania was born autistic at a time when no one knew what that meant and her social skills are very poor. I think she hides from people and can only relate to family, which is true with a lot of autistics. It’s probably the same with Barron.

I think she was looking for a rich husband to take care of her and in spite of her beauty, found it very hard because rich guys want a hostess and a lively, vivacious woman to help them with their business contacts and entertaining and I don’t think she can do that. Trump didn’t want that, he wanted a yes woman, not a personality.

I do think she’s a whore, but I certainly don’t hate her. I think she’s spending every day above her head and just hides from people to feel safe. But I also feel she has no compassion for the less fortunate and part of that is she’s had to “go along to get along” with Trump, he has no empathy and she has just followed his lead. Living with him has probably done a lot to mold her into a less empathetic, worse person. She did things for him that she would have stayed out of if it was her choice, like parroting his ill-informed political statements. She’s not accomplished or educated, she just landed in a situation that was the best she could have asked for, until Trump ran and won. Then her carefully curated life was ruined.

by Anonymousreply 66April 12, 2019 11:45 PM

"As a black person it is offensive."

Well, smell you! I didn't realize being gay was soooo much easier and painless! Why, all these aws passed against us and churches openly speaking out against us and hate crimes rising against us. I forgot we can't acknowledge those injustices without it offending black people who apparently own the trademark on injustice!

by Anonymousreply 67April 13, 2019 12:08 AM

Short men don't do well in Presidential campaigns. Dukakis was short, swarthy and ethnic. He lost. We like our Presidents to look like they were sent from central casting. Even Jimmy Carter was a modestly handsome Southerner with a folksy,, "Hick" look about him.

by Anonymousreply 68April 13, 2019 12:42 AM

R68 Pete looks like the average everyday person, not glamorous and super handsome, but down to earth. That's one of the reasons why people are drawn to him and like him.

by Anonymousreply 69April 13, 2019 1:39 AM

Pete fits in and looks like everyone else (except he's a lot smarter) and that's why people love him. He's a common Joe just like the rest of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 13, 2019 1:45 AM

R67. Fuck you too bitch. You can't highjack our struggle for your benefit. We have got ours bitch get yours. A gay man can decide to stay in the closet but a black person can't hide their blackness. So again fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 71April 13, 2019 1:57 AM

R71 = troll

by Anonymousreply 72April 13, 2019 1:59 AM

Chasten better butch it up for the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 73April 13, 2019 2:23 AM

Look at this fucking picture I found in another thread. Now THAT’S what the fuck I’m talking about. I’d run a million ads with this big dick warrior picture in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 13, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote] It was the Press that cleared the way for Obama because they wanted him as the first black American president.

And you don't think that will be the case for this guy? A large portion of Americans will think it's the"gaying" of America if he becomes president.

by Anonymousreply 75April 13, 2019 2:33 AM

Pete's "low-key" personality is the perfect anti-Trump contrast. I would run that photo of R74 constantly. My only concerns are his jumping on the reparations bandwagon and kissing the ring of race hustler Sharpton. Pete needs to have one of Bill Clinton's "Sister Souljah" moments.

by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2019 2:35 AM

Yeah, I'm sure a gay president is going to be concerned about the interests of the average person. He's not going to get shit done, but gays will get to tick off "gay president" off their list, the same way black people did with Obama. And we all know he didn't do shit for black people.

by Anonymousreply 77April 13, 2019 2:45 AM

What do gays need him to do? What is it he should do for us?

by Anonymousreply 78April 13, 2019 2:50 AM

I went to a couple of Town Halls for Beto during the Texas Senate campaign. The audiences were full of college girls with Hearts-Eyes lining up for hours to take selfies with him.

In person, he's damn good looking, he's very tall but is graceful which most very tall men aren't. He's very physical, athletic, has an electric presence.

by Anonymousreply 79April 13, 2019 2:50 AM

R79, sorry, but Beto is an idiot. The only two candidates that Trump ISN'T worried about are Beto and Booker.

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2019 2:53 AM

Beto is over.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2019 2:56 AM

Between needs some pics wearing shorts and flip flops. Pete already has those.

by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2019 3:06 AM

I like Warren or Pete.

by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2019 3:19 AM

Pete is on Rachel Maddow Monday.

by Anonymousreply 84April 13, 2019 3:46 AM

R77, why should a gay person not be interested in the concerns of the average person? Are gay people space aliens and nothing that applies to John W Public applies to them?

Some of these Russian trolls are letting their Russian homophobia show. Russians probably think gays are Satan-worshipping devils that sacrifice babies and eat them for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 85April 13, 2019 3:49 AM

I never swooned for Bill.

by Anonymousreply 86April 13, 2019 3:51 AM

^Hillary

by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2019 4:25 AM

R71 You're so full of sour grapes that you're choking on them. And all that hatred and unhappiness as well. You need to talk to someone about what's going on inside you instead of spewing out all that anger on this website.

by Anonymousreply 88April 13, 2019 4:52 AM

I can't believe people find Beto hot, he looks like a scarecrow

by Anonymousreply 89April 13, 2019 4:57 AM

Right, R89? Or Mr. Ed. Beto is an empty suit.

Pete may not be conventionally good-looking, but his intelligence, charm, calmness, and overall charisma makes him attractive.

by Anonymousreply 90April 13, 2019 5:10 AM

[quote]Nobody wants a bottom in the White House.

What do you have against bottoms?

by Anonymousreply 91April 13, 2019 5:14 AM

R90 YES, its the whole package

I did fanatasize about Bill as a teenager

by Anonymousreply 92April 13, 2019 5:17 AM

This guy is golden. Everyone else pales in comparison. Feel the force.

by Anonymousreply 93April 13, 2019 5:19 AM

I doubt Bill was even attractive as a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 94April 13, 2019 5:20 AM

R94 I meant when I was a teen, and I wasn't really into older guys like that. Well, I did have crushes on a lot of my 30ish teachers

by Anonymousreply 95April 13, 2019 5:22 AM

r95, were you molested? that doesn't seem normal.

by Anonymousreply 96April 13, 2019 5:23 AM

R96 No, not at all!

by Anonymousreply 97April 13, 2019 5:27 AM

R80 the Parscale troll farms troll Beto 24/7 and have for months. They're not trolling Pete. That tells you everything.

by Anonymousreply 98April 13, 2019 5:35 AM

[quote]Tops couldn’t care less about china.

Serious smell of ignorance curling through this thread.

by Anonymousreply 99April 13, 2019 5:37 AM

He's ugly. Like an albino asian chipmunk.

by Anonymousreply 100April 13, 2019 5:42 AM

Bernie is still leading, he's the least sexy person alive?

by Anonymousreply 101April 13, 2019 5:58 AM

Bernie looks like he smells like pee.

by Anonymousreply 102April 13, 2019 5:59 AM

R14, And LBJ and Nixon!

by Anonymousreply 103April 13, 2019 6:02 AM

R89, He's RFK-hot.

by Anonymousreply 104April 13, 2019 6:03 AM

r102, and he's a cranky old fart...he's holding back, there's some thing shady about him. I really don't trust him.

by Anonymousreply 105April 13, 2019 6:04 AM

Obama won because the nation had Bush fatigue and a catastrophic economy. Being black helped push him over the edge for the win. I’m white and I voted for Obama because he was black. He had it easy.

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2019 6:23 AM

Pete,

STAY AWAY FROM HOLLYWOOD!!!

They will not get you elected. Stick with your Midwestern ideas and values. No celebrities onstage. Only people onstage with you should be middle class Americans worried about healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Exactly, r107! Celebrities are thought of as out of it, too rich for their own good, not "one of us." Decadent.

Not even TV showman Trump had any other celebrities appear with him.

by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2019 9:51 AM

No celebrities supported Trump, only has-beens like Chachi and Kid Rock.

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2019 11:42 AM

I do not think everyone who voted for Obama wanted to fuck him. Same for Clinton, Carter, LBJ etc.

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2019 11:53 AM

R33 It can't be Chasten's family house. He doesn't appear to have any relationship with them.

[Quote] Glezman told the Times that his sexuality was a difficult subject in his Roman Catholic household. He told his family he was gay at age 18 and moved out shortly after. “I don’t recall my parents specifically saying I couldn’t live at home anymore, but I was made to believe I needed to leave.” Glezman said he spent time on friend’s couches after moving out of his family home.

That's going to be a problem on the campaign trail because his family might come out of the woodwork and bash him and Pete in the press for their sexuality and marriage. Imagine the Daily Mail stories. It'll make the drama with Meghan's family look tame in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2019 1:42 PM

Also Chasten's family appears to have relatives with criminal records. Curious to see what those are and how they will damage the Buttigieg brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2019 1:43 PM

In case that link didn't work, Rhyan and Terry Glezman are the ones with criminal records. Maybe those are his uncles or brothers, but that's going to be a problem for them when it eventually comes out what it is that led to their criminal records.

by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2019 1:45 PM

Yeah, this is going to end poorly. Rhyan (his brother) is a priest and he's already going on social media attacking Pete and Chasten. Thomas Markle 2.0 is in the works as we speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2019 1:48 PM

He’s so sexy and smart, I want him to fuck my virgin hole all night long.

by Anonymousreply 115April 13, 2019 1:58 PM

His brother is a priest? Isn’t that his wife and child in the picture?

by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2019 2:05 PM

Ryan Glezman has 31 followers. His whole twitter is about abortion is murder and gays are evil. Not a lot of likes either. I can totally see why Chasten felt like he had to leave and sleep on couches.

I guess we know now why Chasten changed his name to Buttigieg. It is a better name, after all.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2019 2:07 PM

R88. Tell me more I am not a psychologist but I pretend to be one statement. I don't have any anger I am good. Just because I don't like Pete doesn't mean I am angry. I don't remember gays been holed down and dragged down the street or had a separate water fountain created for them. Get back to me with a time in history when they faced so many injustice in America. Till then bitch have a seat somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2019 2:29 PM

I wonder what his cum tastes like!

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2019 2:30 PM

Do German concentration camps count as oppression, R118? I realize it wasn’t America, but still. Homosexuality was criminalized in the US and the UK. You’re familiar with the story of Alan Turing, yes? lt used to be illegal to serve alcohol to gay men in New York. Nobody wins the oppression olympics.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2019 3:23 PM

Well, Bill Clinton came from a total white trash family and his brother had a criminal record. In this case, it's only the potential first spouse's family. Pete's family are intellectual progressives. I feel bad for Chasten and what he's had to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2019 3:30 PM

[quote]Pete needs to have one of Bill Clinton's "Sister Souljah" moments.

He can start with R51/R71.

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2019 3:44 PM

Pete's is attacking identity politics. Which is dicey because if Pete weren't gay and it weren't for identity politics, he would be sitting in South Bend watching TV.

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2019 5:37 PM

Let's put quotation marks around "identity politics." Right-wingers use the term to mean "desire for all people to be treated equally." They, on the other hand, want special treatment for straight white fundamentalist Christians, which is definitely the real identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2019 6:29 PM

Now it seems another Glezman has jumped in on the bash Pete and Chasten act. This is Erin Glezman. She may be Rhyan's wife or a sister or cousin of Chasten. She liked the tweet in R114 and she has a bunch of deplorable shit on her own timeline. Coincidentally, she just opened her Twitter account this month. Odd timing. Pete and Chasten better watch out. This might get nasty fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2019 2:49 AM

She's Rhyan's wife. Btw, what kind of white trash spelling is Rhyan?

by Anonymousreply 126April 14, 2019 3:00 AM

As Jesus said it's your hood and crazy shit family that will be the last to accept you.

by Anonymousreply 127April 14, 2019 3:59 AM

R125, her whole twitter is anti-abortion and she has 10 followers. Poor Chasten. It must be like waiting for the other shoe to drop. She’ll probably go on Fox and try to stir up shit.

by Anonymousreply 128April 14, 2019 4:15 AM

She also says she’s a pastor’s wife. Yippee.

by Anonymousreply 129April 14, 2019 4:16 AM

R126 Yeah, she confirms this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 14, 2019 4:43 AM

I don't think people are going to judge Buttigieg's suitability to be the Democratic nominee based on what a few nutty relatives of his husband are saying.

Many successful political leaders have a few bad apple relatives around, including other Presidents, and it hasn't stopped them.

by Anonymousreply 131April 14, 2019 5:21 AM

Rhyan illustrates why Pete running is a mistake. Mock their husbands all you want, but Jane and Jill’s families are on their sides.

by Anonymousreply 132April 14, 2019 5:50 AM

Threesome?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 14, 2019 3:49 PM

R133 Who is that dude?

by Anonymousreply 134April 14, 2019 3:52 PM

Pete's distance stance suggests he's not into it. The First Lubey however...

by Anonymousreply 135April 14, 2019 3:54 PM

Anyone who thinks that the rightwing tweets of Chasten's family are going to have any effect on Mayor Pete's candidacy, outside the Fox viewers who already basically think all the other Democrats are also antichrists, is nuts.

Btw the Glezman woman linked to in R130, for all her endorsement of rightwingery, implicitly accepts gay marriage by calling Peter her brother-in-law. Sign of progress?

by Anonymousreply 136April 14, 2019 3:55 PM

That's Tim McGraw. He's playing in South Bend tonight.

by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2019 3:55 PM

by Anonymousreply 138April 15, 2019 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!