Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He-man historian Dan Snow

BBC Presenter, Oxford educated historian Daniel Robert Snow. Always hosting documentaries on BBC and has a podcast Dan Snow's History Hit. Well born himself, great-great-grandson of British PM David Lloyd George, Dan married extremely well to Lady a Louise Grosvenor, daughter of the Duke of Westminster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2020 2:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2019 3:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2019 3:02 PM

While I normally prefer them cleaned up, he's definitely more attractive in OP's pic than in a tux.

by Anonymousreply 3April 11, 2019 3:04 PM

Ugh. "Well-born." "Married extremely well." Sign me up for the class war.

by Anonymousreply 4April 11, 2019 3:06 PM

For you non-U types, “Grosvenor” is pronounced “grove-nor.”

by Anonymousreply 5April 11, 2019 3:07 PM

You called?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 11, 2019 3:10 PM

He should be ashamed of himself! I have read that Lloyd George had agreed to be the collaborationist PM if the Nazis won, along with the Duke of Windsor restored as king. LG died soon after that, conveniently?

by Anonymousreply 7April 11, 2019 3:13 PM

Not Grover, grove-nor.

by Anonymousreply 8April 11, 2019 3:15 PM

Hell yeah ! I find him scrumptious ,so lanky just the way I like them.

by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2019 3:18 PM

I'm watching this series this weekend. Dan managed to put his name in the title with the boy king.

He looks ravishingly ripe in his tiny, tightly-fitted linen shirt and jeans. Blisteringly bitchy review is spot on.

I enjoy it nonetheless, as I am cleaning my dreary little middle class kitchen and bathroom, and not paying much attention. A spot of glamour is welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2020 1:42 PM

but is his tittys hot as mrs dan savage???

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2020 2:15 PM

Thank you, r10, for the review link.

The parting shot was delightful.

The author, most assuredly, must be a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2020 2:15 PM

I chatted with him at a book event at Hatchard’s one evening. Magnetic and charming with a commanding presence.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2020 2:21 PM

[quote]For you non-U types, “Grosvenor” is pronounced “grove-nor.”

Yes, we use that name here too. Although the Metro train operators definitely butcher the pronunciation sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2020 2:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!