Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING NEWS: Charges for Lori Laughlin expanded to include MONEY LAUNDERING!!!

Aunt Becky is toast.

"Federal prosecutors indicted the Hollywood actress Lori Loughlin and her husband, the designer Mossimo Giannulli, along with 14 other parents on mail fraud and money laundering charges on Tuesday, the latest development in the sweeping college admissions fraud investigation.

Thirteen of the 33 parents originally charged in the case have agreed to plead guilty, and it was expected that prosecutors would move soon to indict most of the other parents in the case. It was also expected that, in indicting them, they would add an additional charge, of money laundering conspiracy.

Ms. Loughlin and her husband are accused of conspiring with a college consultant, Wiliam Singer, to pay $500,000 in bribes to get their daughters admitted to the University of Southern California as recruits to the women’s crew team, even though neither of the girls actually participated in the sport. Ms. Loughlin, best known for her role as “Aunt Becky” on the television show “Full House,” has already suffered some professional consequences of the charges. The Hallmark Channel said that it would stop development of shows that feature her.

Her daughters, both current students at U.S.C., have also faced repercussions, as U.S.C. has placed an academic hold on students tied to the scandal, preventing them from registering for classes.

Most of the parents in the case, including Ms. Loughlin and Mr. Giannulli, were originally charged in a criminal complaint with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. Prosecutors had a limited period of time in which to formally indict them or the complaint would be dismissed."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443October 22, 2019 7:11 PM

Oof.

I don’t know why, maybe it’s just PR, but her behavior since the story broke, just pisses me off. At least PRETEND to be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2019 6:29 PM

I knew that girl would come to be trouble. To think she could have been my step-daughter-in-law!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2019 6:37 PM

Too late now R1. She needs to fire her lawyer if they didn't recommend she take the plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2019 7:10 PM

She'll look fetching in orange!

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2019 7:12 PM

ITA r1. Felicity has been handling it well PR wise: she's contrite, serious, and released statements apologizing to all the people she's hurt through her stupidity.

Laughlin is all hollywood smiley and 'on' whenever she's in the media. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2019 7:16 PM

Lori is a cunt. She deserves what she gets.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 7:17 PM

She is rich, famous and white. She’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 7:19 PM

She acts very smug for someone with such stupid daughters.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 7:25 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if she was given prison time and made an example of in anticipation of Trump money laundering charges.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2019 7:35 PM

This is explains one of the parents hit with the additional charges. "McGlashan’s attorney said: “The Prosecutor’s case against Mr. McGlashan is deeply flawed and ignores important exculpatory facts. We look forward to presenting his side of the story.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2019 7:37 PM

I thought she was a good Christian woman!

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2019 7:42 PM

2 yrs prison with plea deal..things stepped up. Would she have been better off doing what facility did so as not to get this extra charge?

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2019 7:48 PM

Now she is looking at 4 years to almost 6 years R12. If she had taken the deal Felicity took she was still looking at 2 - 2 1/2 years. Of course we don't know what the judge is going to do.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2019 7:54 PM

R12, what did "facility" do?

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2019 8:03 PM

Better clean out your holes, Lori!

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2019 8:07 PM

R12 the way I heard it was that Felicity didn't face money laundering charges because the amount she paid was too low.

Aunt Becky loved her kids more (or they're just a lot dumber than Felicity's!!!)

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2019 8:09 PM

Oh shit. Money laundering. She's toast.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2019 8:10 PM

Really it must be false, I can’t see formerly Hallmark’s Lori Loughlin doing laundry of any type- that’s the house keeper’s job! But who knows, she might get that as the coveted job in prison if she’s lucky and pays off the right people.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2019 8:27 PM

Money laundering, shit. She's definitely going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 8:31 PM

Didn't Lori also commit tax fraus?

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2019 8:33 PM

*tax fraud LOL

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2019 8:33 PM

Love you r20

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2019 8:42 PM

So did Felicity R20.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2019 8:44 PM

[quote]Laughlin is all hollywood smiley and 'on' whenever she's in the media. Idiot.

Lori is counting on going to trial, and hoping a jury will be star-struck and acquit her.

It might be a good strategy if she gets off scot-free while Facility gets time.

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2019 8:48 PM

That's a big gamble R24. Sentencing guidelines are up to 20 years if convicted.

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2019 8:50 PM

I heard she was going to jail no matter what because if she goes before a Grand Jury they're going to throw additional charges at her.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2019 8:52 PM

The grand jury came back with the additional charge of money laundering R26. I'm sure there are other charges they could throw at her too.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2019 8:56 PM

Have Mecy!

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2019 8:57 PM

The "Oh dear" troll is going to come after you R28.

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2019 8:58 PM

I love that I get to keep posting my desire for punishment, it's evolved... I think Loughlin and her husband spent $500,000 to get one or both of their daughters into college. For me, the only appropriate punishment is

a) jail time - several months satisfies

b) a full out IRS audit - go back 10 years. That will really make Lori and every other adult mixed up in this scheme sweat.

c) Lori to set-up a $500,000 scholarship fund. Lori, the husband her spawn MUST accept and read the applications, meet the finalists and see who is actually deserving of a scholarship, contact and speak to all applicants who did not receive an award, and then provide five $20,000 grants for five years.

This means they actually do something worthwhile with their wealth. The punishment is ongoing. the punishment affects their bank account, the punishment may actually teach Lori, the husband their spawn something important.

The same goes for Felicity and other parents... I think Huffman spent $15,000 so that means two $5,000 grants over three years worth of scholarships.

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2019 9:00 PM

I don’t want her to start a scholarship. I want her to go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2019 9:02 PM

Aunt Becky's pussy gonna be TORE UP!

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2019 9:03 PM

r30, They should be required to fund a trust for scholarships, and the trustee will review applications. I think it would be unfair to have Lori lording over someone.

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2019 9:04 PM

How on earth is this money laundering? If this is money laundering, paying for anything you're not supposed to pay for is money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2019 9:05 PM

I recently stumbled across a video on YT from a girl who talked about how in her Sophomore year in High School she was approached by USC to sign a letter of intent to attend and be part of their Rowing team. Because she did, I think she said she didn't bother applying elsewhere. Come her Senior year in High School she got a call from the recruiter saying that her spot had been taken (despite her already signing the letter of intent), and basically, "too bad for you."

It turns out she would have gone to USC and rowed in the 2019/2020 year, meaning her spot was most likely taken by one of Loughlin's kids.

I wondered if she could sue USC and/or Loughlin.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2019 9:05 PM

How could it possibly be worth it to spend that much on a bribe to get your moron children into these schools? Around 500,000 for the bribe plus the cost for four years for a kid who is obviously stupid as hell. Why not just light it on fire? Do these people not see how stupid their children are? Do they not read report cards etc? Attend parent-teacher things where the teacher informs the parent their kid has to crack the books?

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote]How on earth is this money laundering?

I think the money laundering charge stems from the fact that they paid the money to a fake “charity”, knowing it was being used for criminal purposes.

Then they wrote off the charitable contribution as a tax deduction as well, which is a separate crime.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2019 9:20 PM

Oh I see, I didn't realize they made payments to a fake organization.

Still, I'm not sure that's money laundering, because money laundering is the other way around -- it's ill-gotten gains being put into respectable destinations to hide the fact that it's ill-gotten. This seems to me to be the other way around. They got the money legitimately (from movie salaries or investments or whatever) and put it into a fake charity.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2019 9:24 PM

I don’t think the charges will stick and Lori will be acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2019 9:26 PM

r39, ...and she will be even more smug.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]and she will be even more smug.

It might lead to a resurgence in her career... new movie roles and/or a reality show.

She will say something Fundie like “my strong faith has caused the Lord to give me great blessings”.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]According to a statement released by federal officials, the individuals laundered their payments "by funneling them through Singer's purported charity and his for-profit corporation, as well as by transferring money into the United States, from outside the United States, for the purpose of promoting the fraud scheme."

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2019 9:32 PM

How much time is Singer looking at?

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2019 9:35 PM

Funneling them suggests that Laughlin then had agency in moving them out of the phony charity and into something legit. Did they? Sounds like bullshit to me TBH. The parents paid the scamster, and then he took it from there.

Money laundering because ... they knew he was going to do that? Still sounds a bit bogus to me.

She may wind up having the last laughlin in this charge.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2019 9:36 PM

It's pronounced "lock-lin".

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2019 9:40 PM

Fourteen other parents are charged with money laundering as well.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2019 9:42 PM

Well the OP misspelled her name R45.

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2019 9:43 PM

It's pronounced "lock-dering."

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2019 9:44 PM

One of the parents attorney believes they can beat the charges R46.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2019 9:45 PM

Money laundering sounds a bit kitchen-sink to me.

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2019 9:48 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2019 9:48 PM

Why don't they just charge them with MUHR DUHR and be done with it.

I sentence you to be burned at the stake!

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2019 9:49 PM

Were you a fan of Trial & Error R52?

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2019 9:51 PM

I've never heard of it before, so that's a no I guess.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2019 9:53 PM

One of the best comedies R54 that unfortunately lasted only 2 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2019 9:55 PM

Did her mugshot ever get released?

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2019 9:56 PM

If bad comedy were a crime, she and her co-stars of that unfunny crypto-pedo Mansonite atrocity would have gotten the chair already.

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2019 9:58 PM

This seems like something they could jail for as symbolic crumbs for the masses - like Martha Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2019 10:02 PM

It's pronounced "cage-meat"

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2019 10:05 PM

It’s not too common for actresses to get locked up.

In recent history, I can only think of Lindsey Lohan.

Who are some others? I’m only talking about actresses, not reality stars like that Guidice twat.

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2019 10:06 PM

Is this what the Hollywood glitterati and lefty liberals call RICH WHITE PRIVILEGE??? It's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 61April 9, 2019 10:07 PM

Nobody goes to prison for money laundering. They pay fines. Trump Org was charged with 109 counts of breaking money laundering rules in NJ & paid a fine. Deutschebank was found guilty of laundering billions from Russia. They paid a tiny fine, compared to how much they laundered. It’s treated like a misdemeanor when it’s fabulously wealthy people or organizations doing it

by Anonymousreply 62April 9, 2019 10:09 PM

I don't think Felicity should get prison time, community service. She came clean, seems contrite and only two names have ever been released. All the other parents are anonymous and she has more punishment having to do the whole thing in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 63April 9, 2019 10:12 PM

40+ names have been released R63.

by Anonymousreply 64April 9, 2019 10:13 PM

The people who ponied up 6 million (!) for their darling must be grateful for Auntie Becky and the desperate housewife.

by Anonymousreply 65April 9, 2019 10:16 PM

The way Lori has been acting in front of the cameras no longer makes me wonder how she raised garbage kids.

Her true character has truly been revealed.

by Anonymousreply 66April 9, 2019 10:17 PM

Lori is a superficial socialite.

by Anonymousreply 67April 9, 2019 10:19 PM

She could star in a new series - Law & Order USC.

by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2019 10:27 PM

See, Facility handled it the right way. Lori was all uppity and glib.

by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2019 10:30 PM

Who is advising this idiot? I could not believe she'd be that tone deaf in the middle of federal charges and believing a jury anywhere wouldn't see her as anything but an entitled little cunt. Girl must be taking some serious happy drugs.

by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2019 10:32 PM

Felicity and the 13 others who pled guilty were likely the "little fish" in the college scandal. Loughlin and the other parents who got more charges are the big fish.

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2019 10:34 PM

R38 She knew the payment was illegal. Instead of paying the money to the head guy, she paid into his charity. She did it this way so it would look like legit income for him. She participated in laundering the money by running it through the charity...she “put it in the washer” so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2019 10:35 PM

Oh, sort of like making a donation to the big washing machines that take in their dirty little brats?

by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2019 10:37 PM

Yes, "giving" money to a fake charity for criminal purposes and then declaring this as a charitable deduction on your income taxes is money laundering. And it makes absolutely zero difference when someone's defense attorney proclaims their client's innocence to the press. That is what they are paid to do. Felicity Huffman may come out of this more or less okay. LL is toast.

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2019 10:38 PM

R66, exactly. The laughing, smiling, signing autographs....yelling out ‘blessings’ to Access Hollywood. She is so fucking flippant & insolent.

by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2019 10:41 PM

So the universities and colleges that took donations are all in the clear? I smell a rat.....

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote]It's pronounced "lock-lin".

It’s gonna be pronounced “locked-up” soon.

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2019 10:45 PM

I'll bet Auntie Becky never counted on being infamous. Milquetoast never does.

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2019 10:48 PM

Off with your head Lori Laugh In!!

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2019 10:48 PM

[quote] So the universities and colleges that took donations are all in the clear? I smell a rat.....

YES! They should definitely be investigated and charged.

It is tabloid justice if they jail one "rich pretty lady" and ignore the structural rot.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote]So the universities and colleges that took donations are all in the clear? I smell a rat.....

The fucked up (and little talked about) thing about this is that Betsy DeVoss has talked about punishing the schools..... how?

By denying them Pell Grant money.

Who does Pell Grant money go to?

Students who can't afford tuition and meet low income criteria.

So the Rich fuck around and do whatever they want and ultimately the poor suffer and get punished for it.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2019 11:15 PM

[quote]40+ names have been released

Oh I'm sorry I guess I missed all the days those 40 peoples names and pictures were plastered all over the news 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2019 11:17 PM

This is an institutional problem. The entire admissions process in all of higher education is full of corruption. The whole system should be blown up.

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2019 11:18 PM

Academia is such a bloated mess now, it needs a purge. So many useless administrative positions.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2019 11:19 PM

Mossimo is kind of a silver fox. Wouldn’t mind having him as a cellie.

Money laundering is a stretch. Even with tax fraud, would have to show that the proceeds were illicitly derived. A count (or counts) of tax fraud and mail/wire fraud are more likely. The ML is likely to set the stage for a plea.

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2019 11:28 PM

Coming this fall to Hallmark's Murders & Mysteries... The College Admissions Mysteries starring Felonicity Lockdin! Each week, Felonicity investigates the admissions process at small private universities...

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2019 11:41 PM

Just my opinion, but I don’t think the charge of money laundering is a stretch at all.

The news this evening had some commentator who roasted Lori Loughlin. It was a little surprising.

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2019 11:50 PM

I’m hoping PLL: Perfectionists incorporates this into their storyline since they are set at a university. And maybe it could be a Veronica storyline on Riverdale, aren’t they graduating this year?

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2019 12:33 AM

A jury will see the Money Laundering charges as a stretch, and as a prosecutor’s attempt to make a spectacle out of a celebrity.

She will be acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote] I could not believe she'd be that tone deaf in the middle of federal charges and believing a jury anywhere wouldn't see her as anything but an entitled little cunt.

I didn't believe it either, until I read this thread and all the idiots trying to explain away her money laundering as not a big deal. If she gets people like that on the jury, she'll be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2019 1:17 AM

what a CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2019 1:25 AM

Candace Cameron Bure is her friend and cheerleader. I am sure Ms. Bure is praying the crime away right now

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2019 1:36 AM

Did they get extra charges because they wouldn’t take the plea deal?

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote]Academia is such a bloated mess now, it needs a purge. So many useless administrative positions

It's dumb, now, too.

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2019 2:00 AM

R7 you mean just like Jussie Smollett?

Oh wait... Nevermind

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2019 2:07 AM

Her cunting has become legendary.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2019 2:10 AM

Radical, dude!

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2019 2:18 AM

[quote]Off with your head Lori Laugh In!!

Are they gonna sock it to her? You bet your sweet bippy!

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2019 7:14 AM

What did her husband look like before all that plastic surgery? His cheek implants are scary!

He looks like the SAW mask!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2019 7:19 AM

Ha ha, people like her desrve jail time

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2019 8:29 AM

At least when I went to jail it was for protecting the anonymity of my sources.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2019 8:41 AM

[quote]Candace Cameron Bure is her friend and cheerleader. I am sure Ms. Bure is praying the crime away right now

I’m praying that they will find career-ending dirt on her brother who is basically the male equivalent of Anita Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2019 8:43 AM

Asswipe at r82, nobody said their names were plastered all over the news 24/7. But your ignorant ass claimed “only 2 names have ever been released.” When someone corrects you, you snarkily claim you “missed it” because they weren’t in the news?

Read the fucking thread. Others have already pled out and it’s all over the news.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2019 10:45 AM

Lori and her husband are fighting the charges because they don't want to do jail time. Either they have the most incompetent lawyer or the lawyer has the dumbest clients.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2019 1:46 PM

^^^ Could go hand-in-hand, dumbest clients hire incompetent lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2019 2:07 PM

R89=an increasingly desperate Aunt Be ky.

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]Yes, "giving" money to a fake charity for criminal purposes and then declaring this as a charitable deduction on your income taxes is money laundering.

Please explain how that's money laundering. Be specific. I mean, it may be, but I still don't see it.

Money laundering means taking dirty money and trying to make it clean, hence laundering. How was the money the parents paid "dirty" when they made the payment?

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2019 2:46 PM

It was dirty because they were paying for something illegal and because they were paying it to the chairing with the intent to “clean” or hide the intended illegal purpose.

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2019 2:59 PM

I don’t understand those that don’t think it’s money laundering. Here’s a rudimentary example.

I’m not going to permit you to post on DL anymore unless you pay me $1 per month. But you can’t send me the dollar because that will create a paper trail. I want you to “donate” that money to the charity I created called “Datalounge Posters Charity,” then I’ll pull it from there and your records will look like you donated to a charity, not bribed me to keep posting.

Together we acted in concert to “launder” the $1 that you’re giving me every month. Doesn’t matter that the dollar is cleaner than a nun’s cunt when you give it to me (as in you’ve earned it). Your donating to my “charity” is laundering that money so it doesn’t appear to be a bribe.

by Anonymousreply 109April 10, 2019 3:13 PM

That religious Cunt Candace Cameron must be praying overtime today, hee hee

by Anonymousreply 110April 10, 2019 3:13 PM

Dear Lord,

I promised you I would save it for marriage, and I did. In return if you could please not let Lori go to prison with all of those lesbians, that would be great.

Amen,

Candace

by Anonymousreply 111April 10, 2019 3:33 PM

She looks good but smug as hell. Her and those twat daughters will probably go mostly unpunished.

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2019 3:35 PM

Could they do a special Fuller House episode? Uncle Jesse and the kids visit Aunt Becky in the Federal Pen and find a shocking transformation has occurred?

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2019 7:59 PM

[quote]I’m not going to permit you to post on DL anymore unless you pay me $1 per month. But you can’t send me the dollar because that will create a paper trail. I want you to “donate” that money to the charity I created called “Datalounge Posters Charity,” then I’ll pull it from there and your records will look like you donated to a charity, not bribed me to keep posting.

[quote]Together we acted in concert to “launder” the $1 that you’re giving me every month. Doesn’t matter that the dollar is cleaner than a nun’s cunt when you give it to me (as in you’ve earned it). Your donating to my “charity” is laundering that money so it doesn’t appear to be a bribe.

Interesting, because I think your scenario shows why it's not money laundering, not why it is. Your definition arguably makes any exchange of money at all for a criminal activity money laundering. That's not what money laundering is. Money laundering is conducting financial transactions with dirty money to hide the dirt on the money. Your argument is bootstrapping itself so that any payment in a crime could arguably be money laundering.

The reason it's boot strapping is, the money is supposed to be the proceeds of a predicate offense. So, because it's a predicate offense, that is an offense that occurred prior to the financial transaction in question. If the financial transaction itself is the offense, it's not a predicate offense.

As perhaps you can see, I looked this up, lol. I did so because the charge bothered me, not because I sympathize with the women, but because it seems like piling on a charge that's no applicable to the case.

Here's money laundering. A drug dealer sells drugs. The payments he receives are the proceeds of a crime. He then invests the money in his bank account.

Here's not money laundering -- a drug dealer sells drugs and tells his buyers to deposit the money into his bank account via atm. That's not the proceeds of a predicate offense, that's the actual offense itself.

Sorry, but I think the government is overreaching. The jury will have to decide, of course, unless the attorneys for the defense are able to argue as I have just done and get the charges on those counts dismissed.

Money laundering requires a financial transaction.

by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2019 8:26 PM

ignore the last sentence in my reply r114 above, lol

by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2019 8:28 PM

They were part of money laundering R115. They knew the money they were paying was going into a fake charity.

by Anonymousreply 116April 10, 2019 8:29 PM

The Oxford dictionary says money laundering is the process of concealing the origins of money obtained illegally by passing it through a complex sequence of banking transfers or commercial transactions. The mastermind obtained the money illegally in that he obtained pay,ent for illegal activities. In order to conceal why he got the money, he had them pay it to the charity as if it were a legitimate charitable donation, when in fact, that wasn’t the intention. He obtained the money illegally and laundered it through the charity to conceal the origins. Lori and crew knowingly paid to the charity with the intent to help the mastermind conceal its illegal purpose.

by Anonymousreply 117April 10, 2019 8:39 PM

I don't disagree that he committed money laundering, but they didn't. The offense is the payment to him of money for influence in getting college admissions. The payment itself can't be its own predicate offense. That's a circular argument.

by Anonymousreply 118April 10, 2019 8:47 PM

Right, but they knowingly contributed to the laundering. I wonder if he official charges are available. That would probably clear it up.

by Anonymousreply 119April 10, 2019 8:49 PM

I'm not sure that rises to the level of money laundering though -- the DoJ itself says, on its web page about money laundering:

[quote]To be criminally culpable under 18 U.S.C. § 1956(a)(1), [bold]a defendant must conduct or attempt to conduct[/bold] a financial transaction, knowing that the property involved in the financial transaction represents the proceeds of some unlawful activity, with one of the four specific intents discussed below, and the property must in fact be derived from a specified unlawful activity.

by Anonymousreply 120April 10, 2019 8:52 PM

Also, r119, I suspect the prosecutors will absolutely argue that the payment by the parents is money laundering for the reason that some people are asserting here in the replies. But if the transaction is the crime, then it's not the proceeds of a predicate offense.

Who knows, maybe they can convince the judge and jury of that, but it seems to me to be inapplicable to the parents' actions. There's plenty of other stuff to go after them about.

by Anonymousreply 121April 10, 2019 8:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 10, 2019 9:03 PM

I truly think Lori's entire family will end up with a reality show on the despicable E channel or Bravo. Sickening but likely. The bratty daughter Olivia Jade still has 1.9 million YouTube followers.

by Anonymousreply 123April 10, 2019 9:06 PM

This seems to be the most fitting punishment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 10, 2019 9:15 PM

Apparently, per e news, Lori thought the prosecutor was bluffing. We can see where her daughters get their smarts.

by Anonymousreply 125April 10, 2019 9:28 PM

R122 Dr. Kevorkian?

by Anonymousreply 126April 10, 2019 9:38 PM

Well, if there's anything we've learned over the Trump years is that justice tends to go easy on rich white people - however, I read in an article in the Atlantic (a good read, BTW) that Lori & her husband raised hell with a guidance counselor that dared question their daughter's dodgy admission to USC on the row team on the pretense that the girl didn't actually *row*. Apparently they caused such a ruckus that the ringleader of this whole scam told them both to keep it down so as not to attract unwanted attention.

I bring that up because these two entitled twats may genuinely believe they did nothing wrong and therefore likely ignored advice and decided to go for broke. Time will tell how that little gamble plays out....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 10, 2019 10:01 PM

R127 Thanks for posting that article.

I think it's going to be difficult for Lori & her hubby to avoid doing prison time. Gotta lock up a few rich folks occasionally for the sake of appearance.

by Anonymousreply 128April 10, 2019 10:18 PM

Given that they are Trumpers, I say good riddance to the Churchy and her Eurotrash hubby.

by Anonymousreply 129April 10, 2019 10:20 PM

Apparently, Lori Loughlin voted for Hillary.

Her husband is a Trumper, though.

by Anonymousreply 130April 10, 2019 10:29 PM

For all of you saying Lori will be acquitted, that is not going to happen. There are sentencing guidelines the judge has to follow, and good luck finding a jury that feels sorry for her after her stunt. She may not even have a jury trial, but elect instead to go in front of a judge. She should have pled guilty like Felicity did. Even with a guilty plea, Felicity is going to prison for a few months. You have to serve 85% of the time you were sentenced to before being considered for release. Lori really is toast, she is likely looking at years, not months. Same with her husband.

You can't pay a fine to get "out of" money laundering, that is a very serious charge. She is likely going to get hit on tax evasion charges next. Not over for her by a longshot. I'm sure this isn't the first sleazy thing Ms. Lori and Mr. Lori have done. Plenty of skeletons just waiting to fall out is my vibe.

She might have a small chance on appeal saying she had shitty council, because from the (bad) looks of it so far, that appears to be true. Still, that would only be delaying the inevitable. Eventually, just like Martha, Lori is going to have to spread her cheeks and cough.

by Anonymousreply 131April 10, 2019 10:35 PM

Well R131 I posted up thread that she thought the prosecutor was bluffing. We haven't heard if she is firing her lawyers, but if she keeps them she can't argue ineffective counsel.

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2019 10:40 PM

Will, we’ll just see how she dresses for this!

by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2019 10:43 PM

r130 I've been looking for Ms. Lori's voting record or campaign donations, but I can't find anything. Do you have a link? I could see her being for Trump, though in the big scheme I suppose it doesn't matter. I am curious though. She sure acts like him.

by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2019 10:45 PM

You might try her married name R134.

by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2019 10:55 PM

I predict a change in attorneys. LL's current attorney probably told her to accept the plea offer (and she rejected it). Now, LL is probably angry and blaming her attorney for getting additional charges (even though the attorney probably told her that that would happen if she rejected the offer).

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2019 10:57 PM

[quote]There are sentencing guidelines the judge has to follow

Sentencing Guidelines?

HAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Candace doesn't have time to pray for Lori... she's too busy praying brother Kirk's continued exploits at Griffith Park stay quiet.

by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2019 11:00 PM

r135 Thanks, I did. I practically tried "Aunt Becky", still nothing.

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote]I’m praying that they will find career-ending dirt on her brother who is basically the male equivalent of Anita Bryant.

Are you mental? His fans are the Holy Roller Trump voters. If they cheer Trump what could Kurt possibly do to end his so called career?

by Anonymousreply 140April 10, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote]Asswipe at [R82], nobody said their names were plastered all over the news 24/7. But your ignorant ass claimed “only 2 names have ever been released.” When someone corrects you, you snarkily claim you “missed it” because they weren’t in the news? Read the fucking thread. Others have already pled out and it’s all over the news.

Not too bright are you? It was sarcasm because the point was Felicity's name and picture WAS plastered all over the news 24/7 and the others were only referred to "50 other parents". They may have released the names but no big deal was made out of it. How many lost their jobs or career like Felicity and Lori have because the constant attention? Felicity and Lori have been punished already more than the others.

by Anonymousreply 141April 10, 2019 11:12 PM

Well I am very sorry, but I am white and I am a Christian, and therefore above the law. Plus I used to be on a very popular sitcom a few hundred years ago

by Anonymousreply 142April 10, 2019 11:14 PM

There were people that lost their jobs R141. Gossip only works if you know who the people are. If Joe Smith shot a dog it wouldn't be all over the news sites. If George Clooney shot a dog it were be all over the news in every country.

by Anonymousreply 143April 10, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote]How many lost their jobs or career

All of them who have pled out so far and some who have been merely charged.

by Anonymousreply 144April 10, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote]Lori & her husband raised hell with a guidance counselor that dared question their daughter's dodgy admission to USC on the row team on the pretense that the girl didn't actually *row*.

Just one look at the daughter's skinny little twig arms, and it was obvious. Have you ever seen a rower's arms? I can't believe Lori and husband were so stupid to try to do rowing as a scam, of all things. They're such morons.

by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2019 11:41 PM

They have lived in a make believe world for far too long R145.

by Anonymousreply 146April 11, 2019 12:37 AM

One of the DL Cassandras predicted that Huffman would play it smart and plead guilty and be duly contrite and get off with maybe probation. The Laughlin dope is going to get some real time. The husband won’t do well in prison. His ass will be the size of a golf hole before he gets out.

by Anonymousreply 147April 11, 2019 12:43 AM

Where does one crew in LA? Surely not the LA River, perhaps the USC crew team is a made up thing to begin with and has always been a scam entry for deplorables?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 11, 2019 12:51 AM

Things are a lot different in a federal prison R147. He will be locked up with a lot of white collar criminals.

by Anonymousreply 149April 11, 2019 12:51 AM

From the Atlantic article:

[quote]The argument that the scheme hurt disadvantaged applicants—or even just non-rich applicants who needed financial aid to attend these stratospherically expensive colleges—isn’t right either. Elite colleges pay deep attention to the issue of enrollment management; the more elite the institution, the more likely it is to be racially and socioeconomically diverse. This is in part because attaining this kind of diversity has become a foundational goal of most admissions offices, and also because the elite colleges have the money to make it happen. In 2017, Harvard announced with great fanfare that it had enrolled its first class in which white students were in the minority.

[quote]In the recent past—the past in which this generation of parents grew up—a white student from a professional-class or wealthy family who attended either a private high school or a public one in a prosperous school district was all but assured admission at a “good” college. It wasn’t necessarily going to be Harvard or Yale, but it certainly might be Bowdoin or Northwestern. That was the way the system worked. But today, there’s a squeeze on those kids. The very strong but not spectacular white student from a good high school is now trying to gain access to an ever-shrinking pool of available spots at the top places. He’s not the inherently attractive prospect he once was.

[quote]These parents—many of them avowed Trump haters—are furious that what once belonged to them has been taken away, and they are driven mad with the need to reclaim it for their children. The changed admissions landscape at the elite colleges is the aspect of American life that doesn’t feel right to them; it’s the lost thing, the arcadia that disappeared so slowly they didn’t even realize it was happening until it was gone. They can’t believe it—they truly can’t believe it—when they realize that even the colleges they had assumed would be their child’s back-up, emergency plan probably won’t accept them. They pay thousands and thousands of dollars for extended-time testing and private counselors; they scour lists of board members at colleges, looking for any possible connections; they pay for enhancing summer programs that only underscore their children’s privilege. And—as poor whites did in the years leading up to 2016—they complain about it endlessly. At every parent coffee, silent auction, dinner party, Clippers game, book club, and wine tasting, someone is bitching about admissions. And some of these parents, it turns out, haven’t just been bitching; some of them decided to go MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 150April 11, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]And so it was that at 5:59 on the morning of March 12 in the sacramentally beautiful section of the Hollywood Hills called Outpost Estates, all was quiet, save for the sounds of the natural world. In the mid-century modern house of a beloved actress—a champion of progressive values, as is her husband—and two lovely daughters, everyone slept. But at the strike of 6:00, there was the kind of unholy pounding at the door that must have sounded more like an earthquake than a visitor: FBI agents, guns drawn, there to apprehend … Felicity Huffman? Felicity “Congress is attempting to eviscerate women’s health care. Like many women across America, I am outraged” Huffman? For the crime of … paying to get her daughter an extra 400 points on the SAT?

[quote]Down, down, down she went in the FBI car, in her handcuffs and athleisure, down below Outpost, down below Lake Hollywood, down below the Dolby Theatre where she had been so many times—in a beautiful gown, with her famous husband, William H. Macy, beside her—to watch the Academy Awards, once as a nominee. All the way down to—my God!—the downest place of all: Spring Street. The federal courthouse! This was where Donald Trump was supposed to go, not Felicity Huffman. Cool your heels, defender of the downtrodden: There is no rushing through all this—the mug shot, the phone call, the hearing. And this can’t even be grist for the mill of a new devotion to the plight of American mass incarceration. You’re now Exhibit A of law enforcement finally treating rich, white Americans as unsparingly as it treats poor, black ones.

by Anonymousreply 151April 11, 2019 1:30 AM

R151 We never did get out mugshots. I'm still pissed off about that.

by Anonymousreply 152April 11, 2019 1:32 AM

Yes, we all wanted to see the mugshots.

by Anonymousreply 153April 11, 2019 1:33 AM

R134 According to CampaignMoney.com, Mossimo gave money to Marco Rubio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 11, 2019 2:00 AM

[quote]This was where Donald Trump was supposed to go, not Felicity Huffman.

I’m quoting this for truth, because it’s literally true.

by Anonymousreply 155April 11, 2019 2:04 AM

R34, REALLY??? You honestly don’t know what money laundering is???

She donated 500K to a fake charity, in order to get money to persons who would ensure her daughters’ admissions into USC, as well as paying the middle man/facilitator via the fake nonprofit.

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 156April 11, 2019 2:11 AM

She might also have had something to do with the Lindbergh kidnapping.

by Anonymousreply 157April 11, 2019 2:14 AM

Thanks r156. I think some of the Frauen on here believe it involves Tide pods.

by Anonymousreply 158April 11, 2019 2:15 AM

So I'll start a gofundme for my mom and dad to buy them out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 159April 11, 2019 2:17 AM

I think OJ hates both of them, and would set up a GoFundMe to keep them in as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 160April 11, 2019 2:19 AM

So glad we finally have an expert in this thread, r156. Explain what the elements of money laundering are and how this fact pattern fits.

This should be delicious.

by Anonymousreply 161April 11, 2019 2:22 AM

What does it “involve,” flyover gay @ r158?

by Anonymousreply 162April 11, 2019 2:24 AM

R161, I have worked in investment banking for most of my adult life. I very well understand what money laundering is, and why those charges COULD (not necessarily hold up), in this particular case, you smug prick, you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 11, 2019 2:45 AM

The bit about her daughters posing for phony rowing pics - how can they be innocent? The whole family should go to prison!

by Anonymousreply 164April 11, 2019 3:06 AM

Maybe she was planning on pretending to be the one that shouts commands to the other rowers?

No strong arms for that: loud and irritating voice is all that is needed.

by Anonymousreply 165April 11, 2019 3:08 AM

[quote]She might also have had something to do with the Lindbergh kidnapping.

Does anyone know where Lori was the day Lizzie Borden’s folks were murdered?

by Anonymousreply 166April 11, 2019 3:08 AM

Is it true Lisa Whelchel is ready to take all her Hallmark gigs?

by Anonymousreply 167April 11, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote]Are you mental? His fans are the Holy Roller Trump voters. If they cheer Trump what could Kurt possibly do to end his so called career?

The fact that they remade [italic]Left Behind[/italic] without him speaks volumes.

Seriously, whoever was in charge of ABC’s comedy department in the 1980s really must have hated both children and comedy.

by Anonymousreply 168April 11, 2019 3:36 AM

Here's the real USC women's rowing / crew team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 11, 2019 5:23 AM

I love that when r158 is called out to explain his supposed extensive knowledge about the crime of money laundering, he links to a Wiki page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 11, 2019 10:49 AM

Where do I send my check for the Datalounge Posters' Charity?

by Anonymousreply 171April 11, 2019 10:54 AM

Can we move this into the existing thread already up to part 7? Multiple threads on the same topic are frustrating as one will have info the other doesn't. My worthless cents, I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 11, 2019 11:02 AM

Those other threads are full of loons. This one isn't cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 173April 11, 2019 11:44 AM

R161 hon, you sound like an idiot. A Wikipedia entry? Really?

by Anonymousreply 174April 11, 2019 3:50 PM

Apparently she is looking to hire a crisis manager. You would think she would have done that immediately. It is just amazing how tone deaf she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 11, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote] How many lost their jobs or career... All of them who have pled out so far and some who have been merely charged.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 176April 11, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote] Are you mental? His fans are the Holy Roller Trump voters. If they cheer Trump what could Kurt possibly do to end his so called career? The fact that they remade Left Behind without him speaks volumes.

Name a movie they remade where they used the original actor. Sequels and reboots don't count.

by Anonymousreply 177April 11, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote]The bit about her daughters posing for phony rowing pics - how can they be innocent? The whole family should go to prison!

Simple...

Lori....Oh Honey, you look so beautiful today, let me take a pic of you working out on the rowing machine. Got it! Thanks Sweetie.

OJ....I be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 178April 11, 2019 9:48 PM

Entitled mediocre white woman awakes to reality!

by Anonymousreply 179April 11, 2019 9:56 PM

She's lucky her prison time will be in a federal prison. Is 'I Want To Live' on anytime soon?

by Anonymousreply 180April 11, 2019 10:43 PM

They were talking about this on the news station I listen to on the radio. They reported that a "source close to Lori," indicated that she didn't take the plea deal because, "she didn't think it was serious. She thought she would just get fined and get a slap on the wrist. She is really, really scared now."

by Anonymousreply 181April 11, 2019 10:51 PM

Also R181 she just doubled her jail time.

by Anonymousreply 182April 11, 2019 10:56 PM

I wonder if the prosecutors got wind of her “no big deal, here’s some money make this go away” attitude and upped the ante.

by Anonymousreply 183April 11, 2019 11:07 PM

Stupid bitch should've had better counsel. God know she can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 184April 11, 2019 11:08 PM

She probably thought she knew better than her attorney(s). Extreme narcissists always think they know better.

by Anonymousreply 185April 11, 2019 11:10 PM

[quote]Name a movie they remade where they used the original actor. Sequels and reboots don't count.

They specifically remade it to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 186April 11, 2019 11:20 PM

R186 Really? How did that work?

by Anonymousreply 187April 11, 2019 11:21 PM

Not one of the earlier posters about money laundering, but the charge of money laundering is legitimate because they paid money for an illegal activity and tried to hide the activity by paying it to a charity, which was also illegal because it was simply a funnel for illegal payments. They probably also took a tax deduction on the money paid as a “donation” to the fake charity, which could mean there are some IRS penalties to come.

The fact they tried to “clean” a payment made to fund illegal activity makes it a laundering issue. I hope that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 188April 11, 2019 11:24 PM

There was no way it was her Legal Counsel's fault she didn't take the plea deal.

The threat was clear, "If you don't take the plea deal we are adding on charges of Money Laundering."

Lori and her husband obviously thought it didn't pertain to them, thought they could buy their way out of it, or whatever... she doesn't seem to have taken any of this seriously and thought she was going to skate through it. Her actions scream that she's definitely someone who thinks she's smarter than her Legal team.

by Anonymousreply 189April 11, 2019 11:25 PM

Doubtful R183 since the others that didn't take the plea deal had money laundering charges added to the other charges. If she thought the prosecutors were bluffing you would think she would have discussed it with her lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 190April 11, 2019 11:27 PM

When do they go to trial?

by Anonymousreply 191April 11, 2019 11:40 PM

[quote]Doubtful [R183] since the others that didn't take the plea deal had money laundering charges added to the other charges

They were all told in advance if they didn't take the plea deal they would get additional charges, like Money Laundering, added to the charges.

by Anonymousreply 192April 11, 2019 11:41 PM

I know R192. I posted the link on here about a dad that believes once all the evidence is in he will beat the charges and that is why he didn't take the plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 193April 11, 2019 11:44 PM

Understood, R193, I meant to quote the other post that said that they wondered if it could have been added on because they didn't like her attitude. A lot of people don't seem to be aware that everyone was given a choice when offered the plea deal and everything was outlined for them as to what would happen if they didn't take it.

by Anonymousreply 194April 11, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote][R186] Really? How did that work?

They replaced him with Nicolas Cage. He was so bad that they actually thought Nicolas Cage would be better.

by Anonymousreply 195April 11, 2019 11:49 PM

her husbands name is "Mossimo"? WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 196April 11, 2019 11:54 PM

Her husband's name is Mr. Lori. r196

by Anonymousreply 197April 12, 2019 12:00 AM

I am curious R194 why the other parents didn't take the deal. They can't all have incompetent lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 198April 12, 2019 12:01 AM

For those new to this story, we are seven threads deep if you want more information:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 12, 2019 12:01 AM

By now I doubt there is anyone new to the story R199.

by Anonymousreply 200April 12, 2019 12:04 AM

"she didn't think it was serious. She thought she would just get fined and get a slap on the wrist. She is really, really scared now."

Well, now we know that OJ came by her stupidity honestly!

by Anonymousreply 201April 12, 2019 12:08 AM

Actress Lori Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, are "not ready" to enter a plea for their alleged role in the college admissions scandal, a source close to the actress said.

"They are not ready to make a plea like Felicity (Huffman) and go down that road. They are hoping to just let this play out in the judicial system. They are innocent until proven guilty," a source close to Loughlin told CNN. "They wish the media would just leave them alone. They feel like there is no story and don't understand why the press keep hounding them and following Lori to yoga."

They're clueless..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 12, 2019 12:10 AM

Clueless is an understatement R202.

by Anonymousreply 203April 12, 2019 12:28 AM

R60 Paris Hilton, Martha Stewart, Keifer Sutherland to name a few other celebs who did time.

by Anonymousreply 204April 12, 2019 12:46 AM

R204, also Robert Downey, Jr.

See how well that worked out for him?

by Anonymousreply 205April 12, 2019 12:47 AM

R204 Sadly , true. They all bounced back, except Lilo's face and career.

by Anonymousreply 206April 12, 2019 12:50 AM

Paris went to jail. Martha and RDJ went to prison. Two forms of detention, but quite different. People keep conflating the two.

by Anonymousreply 207April 12, 2019 12:51 AM

give her a month or two and Lori will be the baddest bitch in prison

by Anonymousreply 208April 12, 2019 12:53 AM

Lori better start watching this and take notes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 12, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote][R60] Paris Hilton, Martha Stewart, Keifer Sutherland to name a few other celebs who did time.

I asked about actresses... which are none of the people you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 210April 12, 2019 1:04 AM

Let it go r210.

by Anonymousreply 211April 12, 2019 1:12 AM

I just read something that may be accurate. They row out of Loyola Marymount's boathouse in Marina del Rey. Most rowing teams practice on calmer waters. I've stayed in MDR, but can't imagine where it would be conducive to rowing.

by Anonymousreply 212April 12, 2019 2:24 AM

USC Rows out of.......

by Anonymousreply 213April 12, 2019 2:26 AM

Also federal prison is a lot different from state prison R207.

by Anonymousreply 214April 12, 2019 2:32 AM

Lori, call me -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215April 12, 2019 2:37 AM

USC rowing is also out of San Pedro, Port of Los Angeles. Quite a preppy location for sculling with teams from Harvard. Sorry, but I live near the UW facility - which is gorgeous. They won the Olympics back in the late 30's. Read "Boys in the Boat".

by Anonymousreply 216April 12, 2019 2:43 AM

She wants to hire Lindsay Lohan's crisis manager?? While at it, she may want to call Madoff in prison to see if he could manage her money while she's doing time.

Not only is she a criminal, but she's also extremely stupid.

by Anonymousreply 217April 12, 2019 3:24 AM

I don't know her so can't comment about her intelligence R217. What I do know is intelligent people do stupid things.

by Anonymousreply 218April 12, 2019 3:55 AM

r218 To me, it's less of a question of their intelligence or lack thereof, it's a question of their appalling degree of entitlement, of which there is zero question.

by Anonymousreply 219April 12, 2019 4:18 AM

You are right R219. All of these people caught up in this scam felt entitled. But it was entitlement with the belief that money could buy anything.

by Anonymousreply 220April 12, 2019 4:22 AM

That Atlantic article is something. When certain school officials questioned the extracurricular activities, several of the parents did the "don't you know who I am, you little pissant?" routine. They were running a scam and still had the balls to intimidate people who were asking honest questions. The level of arrogance and entitlement is disgusting.

I hope they all go to prison. And get raped in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 221April 12, 2019 4:25 AM

I still can't believe the name(s) of the 6 million dollar briber(s) remain a mystery. I'm so fucking curious.

by Anonymousreply 222April 12, 2019 4:28 AM

Str8 white gentiles’ sense of entitlement is beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 223April 12, 2019 4:28 AM

Not all of them were white, and not all of them were gentiles.

by Anonymousreply 224April 12, 2019 4:29 AM

But she’s all three and that’s the ONLY reason she has a career. A black woman who was as marginal an actress as her would be struggling to get an audition with Lavarious Slaughter.

by Anonymousreply 225April 12, 2019 4:41 AM

Has Sharon Gabet weighed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 226April 12, 2019 4:44 AM

R227: Mary!

by Anonymousreply 227April 12, 2019 4:46 AM

You just "Mary" yourself R227.

by Anonymousreply 228April 12, 2019 4:49 AM

[quote] They were running a scam and still had the balls to intimidate people who were asking honest questions. The level of arrogance and entitlement is disgusting.

Lori's ass-wipe husband went to the high school and raised hell at the guidance counselor who was only doing her job. He must be a piece of work to feel so entitled, it must rub off Lori and the kids. I hope they both do prison time and this bankrupts them, they can struggle financially and get some morals.

by Anonymousreply 229April 12, 2019 5:03 AM

You are blaming the husband R229. Wow. They will definitely spend time in prison, but it will not bankrupt them.

by Anonymousreply 230April 12, 2019 5:14 AM

I think in an entitlement match to the death between Mr. Lori and Ms. Lori it would be a tie. r229. Maybe that's why they've been married so long. I think they rubbed off on each other or just kindred spirits in the entitled department. I know prison is already a done deal, just how much is what we are waiting to find out. I also hope it completely ruins them financially. The way they couldn't bail out right away, and ended up using the house to bond tells me they are cash "poor".

by Anonymousreply 231April 12, 2019 5:27 AM

Her husband's full name is "Mr. Awful Nose Job Chipmunk Cheeks Gayface MAGA".

by Anonymousreply 232April 12, 2019 6:25 AM

There’s a 6 million dollar briber?? What?

by Anonymousreply 233April 12, 2019 6:43 AM

She married an Italian and now she’s going to jail. Just like OG Mouseketeer Darlene Gillespie.

by Anonymousreply 234April 12, 2019 6:50 AM

r233 Yep. My first guess was Bezos, or someone right up there, because they are protecting this person or persons while everyone else's names are flapping in the breeze. Oh, and I was a tad off. It was 6.5 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 12, 2019 6:51 AM

Lori Laughless

by Anonymousreply 236April 12, 2019 7:01 AM

several of the parents did the "don't you know who I am, you little pissant?" routine. They were running a scam and still had the balls to intimidate people who were asking honest questions.

I used to teach at a poor rural area and MANY parents feel they have the right to raise hell with school officials because THEY PAY TAXES GODDAMMIT! So this behavior, while obnoxious, is no way surprising to parents of kids - who they know are on some level are fuck ups - but will yell and scream at teachers, counselors, coaches, etc. because it's their right and because they've got to do some to get the little fucker out of the house!

To me, this guy is more stupid than anything since you would think one knowingly involved in a criminal enterprise would try to be discreet and quietly manipulative rather than go in with guns blazing . But then the whole family sounds stupid, so....

by Anonymousreply 237April 12, 2019 11:22 AM

it reminds me this scene from The Wire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 12, 2019 11:26 AM

Stupid cow and her stupid cow spawn.

by Anonymousreply 239April 12, 2019 11:37 AM

[quote]Oh, and I was a tad off. It was 6.5 million

Eh, what’s a 1/2 million either way amongst friends?

by Anonymousreply 240April 12, 2019 1:05 PM

I sure would like to know why they haven't named the person that paid $6.5 million and to what school(s).

by Anonymousreply 241April 12, 2019 4:33 PM

Why would someone pay 6.5 million to pull this stunt when donating 1 million directly to the school probably would have done the same and that would have at least been on the "up and up?"

by Anonymousreply 242April 12, 2019 5:23 PM

That’s what we’re trying to figure out, r242.

by Anonymousreply 243April 12, 2019 5:39 PM

It's about appearances. The rich want their crotchfruit to appear as if they're the cream of the crop, not that they were bought their way into college. If paying millions means little Becky looks like she is smart and talented and gets accepted into her dream school, then so be it.

by Anonymousreply 244April 12, 2019 5:44 PM

She's worried what her daughters would think if she pleads guilty. What does she think they are going to think when she's convicted? There is no logic to her thinking.

by Anonymousreply 245April 12, 2019 6:12 PM

She ruined her life.

by Anonymousreply 246April 12, 2019 6:20 PM

R242, I’m guessing the student has an extensive criminal record and there had to be a LOT of extra grease. But who knows.

by Anonymousreply 247April 12, 2019 6:26 PM

She and Mr Lori should make a desperate midnight flight to South America only to be captured and dragged back chained and in tears.

by Anonymousreply 248April 12, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]I sure would like to know why they haven't named the person that paid $6.5 million and to what school(s).

It was Obama.

by Anonymousreply 249April 13, 2019 12:25 AM

Get lost R249.

by Anonymousreply 250April 13, 2019 1:13 AM

Apparently she believed the Hollywood hype. She is a C class actress with no brains that has skated by with her bought for looks.

by Anonymousreply 251April 13, 2019 3:50 AM

Well, she's fantastic looking -- gotta give credit where credit's due. Girlishly hot & cute even at 50.

by Anonymousreply 252April 13, 2019 3:56 AM

You could tell when she was young that she would age extremely well. Good bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 253April 13, 2019 3:58 AM

She's 54, R252. I give her credit for not going overboard with the plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 254April 13, 2019 4:26 AM

R254 It’s better that Lori didn’t go too overboard with plastic surgery - Less to settle while she’s “away” for 5-10 yrs

by Anonymousreply 255April 13, 2019 4:44 AM

Money laundering? Oh, I hope her maid uses 20 Mule Team. Personally, I prefer it when my cash it completely stain free and bears no markings of previous owners. Naturally, it’s ironed with Niagra brand starch. Neatness counts!

That poor Elizabeth next door, though. All thumbs. If I let her near my iron, she’d turn Queen Elizabeth II into Henry VIII. Never mind what Onslow would do. Something wicked involving obscene drawings, to be sure.

These Hollywood people should take a lesson. Good grooming and good etiquette. Good breeding will out!

by Anonymousreply 256April 13, 2019 5:05 AM

You are not as clever as you think you are R256.

by Anonymousreply 257April 13, 2019 5:25 AM

r256, give it a rest, put down the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 258April 13, 2019 5:27 AM

The husband inspires hate in me. His feminizing shitty face surgery makes him look insane and very gay. Maybe he's a big closety gay and that's why he's so angry? The whole family looks like they share one shitty brain. They all have that "My head is empty!" look in their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 259April 13, 2019 5:49 AM

R257 Calm down, Gin Blossom. Not everyone’s a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 260April 13, 2019 6:48 AM

r202, Lori doesn't think she did anything wrong. Bribing someone to get your kids into a school they can't get into on their own is something expected if you have money, I suppose.

They need to stop calling her Aunt Becky she is Jody Travis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 13, 2019 7:18 AM

Does Aunt Becky's pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 262April 13, 2019 7:48 AM

Karma’s a bitch, ain’t it?

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2019 11:57 AM

I can only imagine how retarded the daughter must be if she couldn't get into USC on her own, with rich and famous parents.

by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2019 2:17 PM

University of Second Choice

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2019 2:19 PM

Oh honey, you don’t have to imagine. Just look at her YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2019 2:20 PM

Her feeling of entitlement is so brazen. She seems to think that parents with money would do this for their child and any parent without money would do this for their child if they had money.

by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2019 2:21 PM

[quote]Does Aunt Becky's pussy stink?

Yes, but only because she stashes the scripts to [italic]Fuller House[/italic] in them.

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2019 2:24 PM

John Stamos said it stank worse than two week-old feta.

by Anonymousreply 269April 13, 2019 2:35 PM

After the original show’s last episode it took three months to fumigate the studio.

by Anonymousreply 270April 13, 2019 2:57 PM

Why does she always sport that eery smile? She reminds me of the Manson girls.

by Anonymousreply 271April 13, 2019 2:58 PM

In all seriousness, [italic]Full House[/italic] was mildly homophobic in addition to being cripplingly unfunny. I recall that the Disney World episode - precursor to the ABC/Disney merger - Becky made some off-hand comment about Superman, to which Jesse replied “Superman was a wimp. He wore his underwear on the outside of his tights.” He said “wimp,” but he meant “f@g,” and for a show set in San Francisco, that’s fucking unforgivable.

[italic]Laverne & Shirley, Bosom Buddies[/italic], and [italic]Valerie[/italic] were Miller and Boyett’s best work.

by Anonymousreply 272April 13, 2019 3:04 PM

We recently had an epic thread on Valerie's Family.

by Anonymousreply 273April 13, 2019 3:21 PM

I know, R273, I was there.

by Anonymousreply 274April 13, 2019 3:26 PM

Has Jayne Bentzen weighed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 275April 13, 2019 3:32 PM

Please! Most of these charges will be dropped by the time this goes to trial. Prosecutors always try to load as many charges as possible up front for maximum effect.

In my opinion the only people who deserves prison in this scenario is that crook who took all the money to get those kids accepted into the schools, as well as anyone who helped in the process. The parents did wrong but in their idiotic but misguided ways just wanted the best for their kids. They need some huge fines and some long community service.

by Anonymousreply 276April 13, 2019 3:37 PM

I bet Felicity gets 12 days in jail.

Lori will get 18 months and become Top Dog.

by Anonymousreply 277April 13, 2019 4:16 PM

Minimum 4 months for Felicity R277. Since Lori didn't take the deal and thinks she can beat the charges I'm thinking 24 months.

by Anonymousreply 278April 13, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]Why would someone pay 6.5 million to pull this stunt when donating 1 million directly to the school probably would have done the same and that would have at least been on the "up and up?" .... That’s what we’re trying to figure out,

And you may never know. If it had been Lori or Felicity, you would had every detail exposed. These others have the luxury of anonymity.

by Anonymousreply 279April 13, 2019 6:54 PM

Their names have been published R279. Since they are not celebrities no one is interested in them.

by Anonymousreply 280April 13, 2019 6:59 PM

Kate McKinnon is playing Aunt Becky on SNL in a prison skit.

by Anonymousreply 281April 14, 2019 3:38 AM

I wish the CW hadn’t screwed up the MAD TV reboot. It was a mistake to put it in prime time instead of late night. Nicole Parker would have made a great Lori/Becky.

by Anonymousreply 282April 14, 2019 3:40 AM

The better brains are on the continuation thread for the most part Too many "hearties" on this one. I am reposting this from that thread to this one. Those who think anyone is going to get off without some federal PRISON (Jail does not apply here) time are quite wrong.

Full list of names complete with charges and current status. Still trying to suss out who the 6.5 million dollar parent/parents are, and why he/she /they are not being named.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 14, 2019 6:03 AM

The prosecutor is the one that says he wants jail time R283. What is it with you R282 that you keep trying to get people to your thread. Give it a rest. People will post where they want to post.

by Anonymousreply 284April 14, 2019 1:50 PM

r284 Prison. Not jail.

by Anonymousreply 285April 14, 2019 4:56 PM

Gaol.

by Anonymousreply 286April 14, 2019 6:26 PM

Interesting. They’re pleading not guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2019 3:11 PM

You never know, get 12 parents that believe they too would do anything for their kids....

by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2019 5:02 PM

Or they've found a lawyer who's going to bleed them.

by Anonymousreply 289April 15, 2019 5:06 PM

Most parents stop at breaking the law for their kids R288.

by Anonymousreply 290April 15, 2019 5:22 PM

The only thing I can come up with is she thinks even if they convict her they will not give her a prison sentence.

by Anonymousreply 291April 15, 2019 5:30 PM

Remember for federal criminal trials, in order to convict it must be a unanimous verdict by a jury of 12. She only needs to convince one juror. If you put my sisters and my aunt on the jury, no way are they sending her to prison: "I think she's been through enough and has learned her lesson."

by Anonymousreply 292April 15, 2019 5:32 PM

I don’t think she’ll go to prison. A just isn’t going to convict a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 293April 15, 2019 5:39 PM

Lori's getting prison time. And Big Marge in Cell Block A is already doing her tongue exercises for when the big day arrives.

"The only currency you're gonna have in here is PUSSY, bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 294April 15, 2019 5:46 PM

Hallmark will save me. I'm a white girl with a name that rings a bell. That's the demographic of all of Hallmark's biggest stars. Jesus created the Hallmark Channel because he noticed his most fervent followers in Hollywood, tend to be talentless has-beens. He needed to create a safe space for us, where talent is not only not required, it's practically considered a dirty word.

by Anonymousreply 295April 15, 2019 5:49 PM

Right, but she has multiple charges. A good prosecutor--ie a federal prosecutor--will kick your aunt Marge and her nieces out of the pool without even asking them questions. There are lawyers who specialize in jury selection alone--and there are not enough people in the general population (ie Hallmak-watching fraus) to overwhelm the jury pool.

And that's before they go digging through her taxes.

by Anonymousreply 296April 15, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote]And that's before they go digging through her taxes.

My asshole just clenched.

by Anonymousreply 297April 15, 2019 6:49 PM

I don't think Mr and Mrs Lori understand what it's like to be in litigation for years--especially very high-profile litigation. Not only is it hugely expensive (though they have 80 million), but it's endless meetings with lawyers, depositions, etc before they even go to the first trial--and there will be many trials. Both of their going careers--her acting, his sportswear--are doomed until forever. It will be in the news for years. It will wear them down. And they will end up in prison anyway. Plus, they might even end up losing a good bit of their money if they get nailed for tax evasion.

They should have taken the deal. I see that the only high-powered attorney in the group, the one from NY, took the deal and just gone on with it. The stupids should have learned something from him.

by Anonymousreply 298April 15, 2019 9:10 PM

I posted upthread R298 of a dad that is fighting the charges. He claims once all the facts are known he will be exonerated.

by Anonymousreply 299April 15, 2019 9:34 PM

[quote]And they will end up in prison anyway.

Yes they will!

by Anonymousreply 300April 15, 2019 9:35 PM

[quote]Most parents stop at breaking the law for their kids

But they will understand why.

by Anonymousreply 301April 15, 2019 9:36 PM

They might understand, but if they are doing their jobs as a juror they will convict her for breaking the law R301. I can understand someone being broke and shoplifting food, but they broke the law and I could convict.

by Anonymousreply 302April 15, 2019 10:04 PM

Doesn't pleading not guilty just make prosecutors want to dig even deeper? Unless she's squeaky clean in everything that hasn't already been uncovered, she could end up with even more serious charges.

by Anonymousreply 303April 15, 2019 10:08 PM

I don't think Mr. Lori has the kind of money some might have thought initially. When he sold his company, it was in the toilet. I doubt Ms. Lori was making crazy money on her stupid Hallmark show. As noted upthread, this defense isn't going to come cheap. OJ should sue her parents while she can for making her lose those Instagram endorsement deals. Get that money while it is still there, OJ! You aren't going to be able to yacht forever!

by Anonymousreply 304April 15, 2019 10:10 PM

It’s a high profile case and there’s lots of anger about the arrogance and entitlement of this people. They deducted it as charity on their taxes. I can see an example made of them much like Martha Stewart’s crime. They’re ultimately expendable.

by Anonymousreply 305April 15, 2019 10:11 PM

*these people

by Anonymousreply 306April 15, 2019 10:11 PM

Hey, there's another OJ almost as narcissistic as me!

by Anonymousreply 307April 15, 2019 10:36 PM

R307 thinking about Wife #3?

by Anonymousreply 308April 15, 2019 10:37 PM

I was thinking if convicted R303 they won't go easy with the prison time recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 309April 15, 2019 11:13 PM

Lori and Mr. Lori are basically begging for a smackdown from the justice system. I wonder if Felicity has sent them a fruitbasket yet

by Anonymousreply 310April 15, 2019 11:14 PM

They definitely are a gift to Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 311April 15, 2019 11:34 PM

Listen, I just can't believe how goddamn hot she is. 54! She's stunning.

by Anonymousreply 312April 16, 2019 2:09 AM

The "HOT Pockets" owner is on that list. They tried to get their kid into a good school.

by Anonymousreply 313April 16, 2019 2:15 AM

Who cares what school they go to when they have Hot Pockets money?

by Anonymousreply 314April 16, 2019 2:17 AM

r298, All I know is I have his damn name on my back a lot.

by Anonymousreply 315April 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Hot Pockets was sold to Nestlé R313.

by Anonymousreply 316April 16, 2019 3:17 AM

[quote]Maybe she was planning on pretending to be the one that shouts commands to the other rowers?

Yes, both the girls pretended to be coxswains.

by Anonymousreply 317April 16, 2019 3:36 AM

This is the other guy who is fighting it--

[quote] Bill McGlashan, the former managing partner of San Francisco-based TPG Growth, is fighting allegations he discussed a $200,000 bribe with an athletic administrator to get his son into USC.

[quote] His attorneys argued that their client differed from other parents caught up in the scandal. McGlashan, who has pleaded not guilty, says he paid Singer $50,000 for legitimate college counseling services for his son.

by Anonymousreply 318April 16, 2019 4:10 AM

I bet mr Lori and Lori gave the girls something to go along with the sham!

by Anonymousreply 319April 16, 2019 4:16 AM

R318 50K for consulting? Damn his kid must be dumb

by Anonymousreply 320April 16, 2019 4:35 AM

Wonder if he is one that was caught on tape R318.

by Anonymousreply 321April 16, 2019 4:08 PM

[quote]50K for consulting? Damn his kid must be dumb

As one who's spent my life around the children of the wealthy and connected, SO many of them are absolute utter morons.

by Anonymousreply 322April 16, 2019 4:21 PM

Absentee parenting is very hard on children. And then--just like in this case--they end up paying through the nose for therapy, for counseling, for consultants of every stripe.

by Anonymousreply 323April 16, 2019 5:24 PM

With all the money these people should have bought a brain.

by Anonymousreply 324April 16, 2019 6:11 PM

If they piss off the prosecutors I can see them charging the daughters too.

by Anonymousreply 325April 16, 2019 6:15 PM

I'd love to see OJ throw Lori and Mr Lori under the bus to save herself

by Anonymousreply 326April 16, 2019 9:14 PM

I am weirdly starting to root for OJ.

No one cares about the not-OJ.

by Anonymousreply 327April 16, 2019 9:23 PM

Publicists weigh in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328April 16, 2019 9:38 PM

So if they don't wail and blubber in public and bow down and kiss the Prosecutor's ass they will get charged with more? How is that Constitutional?

by Anonymousreply 329April 16, 2019 9:52 PM

Have you ever seen any punishment EVER R329? If you show regret or any kind of contrition, you have a shot of getting it easier.

by Anonymousreply 330April 16, 2019 9:59 PM

She looks like she eats about three times a week.

by Anonymousreply 331April 16, 2019 10:03 PM

So that is why she has a barely functioning brain R331. What excuse for Mr. Lori?

by Anonymousreply 332April 17, 2019 12:15 AM

Agree R330. She has done everything opposite what a good defense attorney and crisis manager would have recommended.

by Anonymousreply 333April 17, 2019 4:00 AM

Eh, but the lawyers will make a lot more this way so win for them.

Denial, not just a river in Egypt.

It is telling that the law firm managing partner parent has kissed his career and bar admission goodbye and still saw the upside to pleading. He was dumb to make the unfortunate comment about ethics, but he has smartened up recently. Lori and hubs, just keep digging that hole. Worked for Jussie, after all!

by Anonymousreply 334April 17, 2019 4:52 AM

It seems obvious that Lori and Mr. Lori are major numbskulls. They don't catch on too quick, huh?

by Anonymousreply 335April 17, 2019 5:08 AM

Are they locked up yet????

by Anonymousreply 336April 17, 2019 5:12 AM

R336 Hang in there OJ, we are working on it!

Keep selling every single thing of theirs while you can.

Start doing appearances at "Hearties" events. Piss your mother off as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 337April 17, 2019 5:15 AM

[quote] It is telling that the law firm managing partner parent has kissed his career and bar admission goodbye and still saw the upside to pleading

He can get readmitted to the bar. There is never really a complete disbarment - you actually get a suspension. I think pretty much every state you can reapply after 5 years.

People need to stop reacting to the Not Guilty pleas at the arraignment. That is all you do at an arraignment - you are read your charges and you enter a not guilty plea, demand a speedy jury trial, reserve your various rights, and get your warnings of the penalties for failure to appear at the next court hearing, sign the paper and leave. Arraignment is not a hearing for the entry of a guilty plea.

by Anonymousreply 338April 17, 2019 6:22 AM

r338 WHAT? Permanent disbarment is indeed a thing in certain states. California is one of them. Depending on the offence, it might be a temporary suspension, an extended suspension, or a permanent disbarment. Often these ex lawyers will be hired off the record. I think that is what Lori and Mr. Lori may have done. I do think they are cash poor (as well as painfully entitled) so they went the cheap way, and now look at what they are facing. HAH!

by Anonymousreply 339April 17, 2019 6:44 AM

She and her husband will be fine but they might send him to prison for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 340April 17, 2019 6:50 AM

It would not be surprising to see Lori and Mr. Lori go the plea route sometime in the future.

by Anonymousreply 341April 17, 2019 8:05 AM

What plea is left?

by Anonymousreply 342April 17, 2019 8:19 AM

r341 They already gave a "not guilty" plea, And that is that, is my understanding, I could be well wrong r342 , and within a certain time they can indeed change their plea to guilty (too little and, far late in my view) I doubt they would though, or they would have from the start. At least one of these cunts are going down. Lori or Mr. Lori ,or both , could gamble a judge-only trial as opposed to a jury trial. Good fucking luck with that. Though, with the hubris both Lori's have shown, I would not be shocked if either Ms. Lori, Mr. Lori or both went that route. I am smelling a bus tossing here.

I am sure what I wrote is a mess, I don't feel great. I have a fever. A FEVER FOR MORE LORI'S!

(For real, I am sick...who cares though)

by Anonymousreply 343April 17, 2019 8:26 AM

R343 They can change their plea at any time and many attorneys seem to think they will do that at some point to avoid going to trial. Check out this article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344April 17, 2019 10:11 AM

r344 They may be able to change their plea, but they likely won't, and if they do, it will still be far too late for either of them to get off lightly. Best either Lori in this instance can hope for years down the road is to cry later on the 700 club about how horribly they were treated, and no-one understood, they meant the best, didn't know it was illegal, etc. Better for them to gut it through a not guilty plea and all that comes with it, than change their plea to guilty (Cue Morrissey).

by Anonymousreply 345April 17, 2019 10:22 AM

They are GUILTY with a paper trail a mile long, r29. There is EVIDENCE against them. They can plead all the day long but there is no doubt of their guilt at this point.

by Anonymousreply 346April 17, 2019 11:19 AM

R346 sounds like Marcia Clark, who still hasn’t learned the lesson that you never know what juries are going to do.

by Anonymousreply 347April 17, 2019 12:13 PM

R346, see

People of the State of California v Orenthal James Simpson

by Anonymousreply 348April 17, 2019 12:15 PM

Completely different type of case. Not to mention that the prosecution seriously fucked up the OJ case.

by Anonymousreply 349April 17, 2019 12:18 PM

We’re in complete agreement r349, however my point was that there could be a Mt. Everest of evidence and that doesn’t mean a jury will necessarily convict.

by Anonymousreply 350April 17, 2019 12:35 PM

Apparently because she didn't take th plea deal she is hoping by pleading not guilt that they will offer her another plea deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 17, 2019 1:41 PM

R339, you can indeed apply for reinstatement after disbarment in California.

[quote] Reinstatement to practice after disbarment or resignation with charges pending has been an option for all California attorneys since before the State Bar Act in 1927. Under current rules, an attorney has to wait five years from the date of the disbarment or effective date of the resignation to apply for reinstatement.

by Anonymousreply 352April 17, 2019 3:03 PM

r352 Sure, you can apply...

by Anonymousreply 353April 17, 2019 3:17 PM

That lawyer is lucky because people are more interested celebrities Lori and her husband. On second thought, the lawyer is unlucky because having celebrities involved made it national news. A one or two day story has now become a months story.

by Anonymousreply 354April 17, 2019 5:20 PM

*in celebrities

by Anonymousreply 355April 17, 2019 5:33 PM

Doubtful Lori will have a career after this.

by Anonymousreply 356April 17, 2019 5:53 PM

Now they are calling it "parenting on steroids." It is amazing the names they come up for privileged people committing a crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 17, 2019 6:27 PM

r357 Holy shit. That's one of the most insane fucking examples of "reframing" I have ever heard of. Cunting on steroids (and cocaine) is more like it.

If the jury sees OJ and Not-OJ, presented as positive examples of "parenting on steroids", they will hopefully put these two massive assholes posing as "parents" away for a couple of decades.

by Anonymousreply 358April 17, 2019 6:35 PM

After reading that article I can see why parents are willing to roll the dice and plead not guilty. The “parenting on steroid” is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 359April 17, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote] There is never really a complete disbarment - you actually get a suspension.

Yeah, but it's difficult to get back in. You have to have a bunch of other lawyers "sponsor" you, and if you're an asshole, they can all block you from getting back in. I remember reading this article about this lawyer who went to prison for something like insider trading (or maybe, accessory to insider trading, as he was divulging information to others, but not trading himself). It took him years and years after the five year wait because no other attorney wanted to vouch for an ex-felon.

(Then once he got in, he was in a plane crash and discovered he had a brain tumor.)

by Anonymousreply 360April 17, 2019 7:17 PM

He survived the plane crash R360? What about the brain tumor?

by Anonymousreply 361April 17, 2019 7:21 PM

It works two ways, r360. We had an attorney disbarred for a conviction of felony drug possession.

A couple of years later, the DA reduced the conviction to a misdemeanor inexplicably and helped him get his law license back. The records were promptly sealed.

Currently the DA is under federal indictment for corruption charges wholly unrelated to this.

by Anonymousreply 362April 17, 2019 7:24 PM

I didn't know you could reduce the charge after conviction.

by Anonymousreply 363April 17, 2019 7:47 PM

Neither did the general public, r363. That’s part of what makes this whole thing “hinky.”

by Anonymousreply 364April 17, 2019 8:02 PM

R361, he was flying around in his own little plane. He crashed and was all fucked up: in the hospital where they took him to, they did an MRI of the brain to see if there was damage from the crash. No damage, but brain tumor. From the brain tumor, he was paralyzed with horrible movement, but from pure diabolic cussedness (which also helped him get back into the bar), he re-learned to walk.

I wish I could remember the guy's name. He had been some kind of securities lawyer and also was (I believe) an Orthodox Jew from New York.

by Anonymousreply 365April 17, 2019 8:03 PM

What a story R365. Would be interesting to see if he is still around.

by Anonymousreply 366April 17, 2019 8:39 PM

I am bizarrely obsessed with the fact that few are as triggered by Mr. Lori's Peter Pan nose job as I am. I mean, it's not good work if strangers CAN'T STOP STARING AT IT!

by Anonymousreply 367April 17, 2019 8:44 PM

R366, let me see if I can find it.

by Anonymousreply 368April 17, 2019 9:47 PM

R366, found it. Interesting story--take a read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 17, 2019 9:54 PM

Thanks R369

by Anonymousreply 370April 17, 2019 10:46 PM

Dear OJ, throw them under the bus

by Anonymousreply 371April 17, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote] You can't pay a fine to get "out of" money laundering

You can if you’re Donald Trump.

You people need to stop playing lawyer.

Immediate Release

March 06, 2015

WASHINGTON, DC – The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) today imposed a $10 million civil money penalty against Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort (Trump Taj Mahal), for willful and repeated violations of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). In addition to the civil money penalty, the casino is required to conduct periodic external audits to examine its anti-money laundering (AML) BSA compliance program and provide those audit reports to FinCEN and the casino’s Board of Directors.

Trump Taj Mahal, a casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey, admitted to several willful BSA violations, including violations of AML program requirements, reporting obligations, and recordkeeping requirements. Trump Taj Mahal has a long history of prior, repeated BSA violations cited by examiners dating back to 2003. Additionally, in 1998, FinCEN assessed a $477,700 civil money penalty against Trump Taj Mahal for currency transaction reporting violations.

"Trump Taj Mahal received many warnings about its deficiencies," said FinCEN Director Jennifer Shasky Calvery. "Like all casinos in this country, Trump Taj Mahal has a duty to help protect our financial system from being exploited by criminals, terrorists, and other bad actors. Far from meeting these expectations, poor compliance practices, over many years, left the casino and our financial system unacceptably exposed."

Trump Taj Mahal admitted that it failed to implement and maintain an effective AML program; failed to report suspicious transactions; failed to properly file required currency transaction reports; and failed to keep appropriate records as required by the BSA. Notably, Trump Taj Mahal had ample notice of these deficiencies as many of the violations from 2012 and 2010 were discovered in previous examinations.

Director Shasky Calvery expressed her appreciation to the Internal Revenue Service, Small Business/Self-Employed Division, which performed the examinations of Trump Taj Mahal, for their contributions to the investigation and for their strong partnership with FinCEN. She also thanked the Commercial Litigation Branch of the U.S. Department of Justice for their assistance with this enforcement action.

Trump Taj Mahal petitioned for bankruptcy in September 2014. That bankruptcy remains pending. The Bankruptcy Court approved of Trump Taj Mahal’s settlement on March 4, 2015.

FinCEN seeks to protect the U.S. financial system from being exploited by illicit actors. Its efforts are focused on compromised financial institutions; third-party money launderers; transnational organized crime; terrorist and other security threats; significant fraud; and threats to cyber security. FinCEN has a broad array of enforcement authorities to target both domestic and foreign actors affecting the U.S. financial system.

by Anonymousreply 372April 18, 2019 12:59 AM

Companies cannot be prosecuted for felonies.

by Anonymousreply 373April 18, 2019 1:02 AM

R373 Is that your response to R372?

by Anonymousreply 374April 18, 2019 2:17 AM

Wonder if Lori will turn on her husband. He did lie to his parents and received tuition money from them when he claimed he was enrolled at USC. He even went so far as to make fake report cards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375April 18, 2019 2:22 AM

Not so, r373. I've worked on criminal prosecutions of corporations.

by Anonymousreply 376April 18, 2019 2:40 AM

Welp, article at R375 explains their terrible legal decisions: their attorney is Mossimo's frat brother (!) who's not even a criminal attorney (!). Dude previously drew up patent applications for Olivia Jade.

by Anonymousreply 377April 18, 2019 3:22 AM

r377 I didn't know that. The level of idiocy of these two is amazing. They need the best defense lawyer money can buy.

by Anonymousreply 378April 18, 2019 4:16 AM

r377 Weren't those patent applications rejected for bad punctuation and spelling?

by Anonymousreply 379April 18, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote] I don't think Felicity should get prison time, community service. She came clean,

Oh NO she didn't. They came to her and told her they knew everything she did and they already prosecuted the ringleader. The ringleader who had just conversed with Felicity while the feds were listening/watching about the fraud/cheating Felicity just paid the guy for. They had emails, texts, phone calls from all these people to the ringleader where they discussed paying him to have people help their kids cheat, bribe college officials and 5 other felony offenses

Felicity had NOTHING at all to bargain with. The ringleader was the first to get caught. He turned everyone else in. Her only choice was to plead guilty and throw herself on the mercy of the court

by Anonymousreply 380April 18, 2019 4:23 AM

I'm afraid it will be death by lethal injection for Ms. Loughlin.

by Anonymousreply 381April 18, 2019 4:24 AM

Why concentrate with Felicity R380?

by Anonymousreply 382April 18, 2019 4:30 AM

[quote] They can change their plea at any time and many attorneys seem to think they will do that at some point to avoid going to trial

A prosecutor can tell them the deal is off the table. Or they can actually alter the terms of the pleas agreement by increasing the amount of time they want them to serve. This is a crime, multiple felony crimes. You don't get a do over, without a penalty

When you go to trial (and you lose) or you waste the prosecutor's time and the taxpayer's money, there's a penalty for that. If I remember correctly I think I've heard it called, "the going to trial penalty"

by Anonymousreply 383April 18, 2019 4:33 AM

Lori should be thrown in jail just for being a stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 384April 18, 2019 4:35 AM

If I were a parent trying to get my child into a specific college I would have no problem convicting Lori and her husband. This is beyond wanting the best for your child. This is wealthy entitlement

by Anonymousreply 385April 18, 2019 4:39 AM

Mommy Lori's bright decision to take this to trial has earned her phenomenally stupid daughter a criminal investigation of her own

Who wants to bet that border line retarded daughter didn't claim all her gifts, payments and other forms of financial remuneration she received from the companies that she mentioned on her "influencer" blogs/social media pages? Her reward is this investigation from the federal prosecutors/investigators and another one coming soon from the IRS

by Anonymousreply 386April 18, 2019 4:58 AM

Damn, the whole Lori Family is going down the SHITTER!

by Anonymousreply 387April 18, 2019 5:52 AM

What if I do a YouTube video for the IRS? I can tell errrybody about their latest app for filing taxes. Will that let me be free?

by Anonymousreply 388April 18, 2019 10:28 AM

[quote]They need the best defense lawyer money can buy.

Sort of reminds me of the Simpson case. When OJ was brought in to be interviewed by the cops, he brought his lawyer Skip Taft with him. The problem was Skip was his business lawyer, not a criminal defense lawyer and, not only let OJ go talk to the cops, didn’t even sit in the room with him. He went out to lunch!

by Anonymousreply 389April 18, 2019 10:31 AM

Who's the fug with the green tie?

by Anonymousreply 390April 18, 2019 10:36 AM

Lori and Mr Lori can write a book from prison: WHAT NOT TO DO

Save yourself, OJ!!

by Anonymousreply 391April 18, 2019 4:24 PM

Maybe on the train to prison, the train will derail, allowing her to escape and find shelter with an insane man who think she's his dead wife. These things have happened before.

by Anonymousreply 392April 18, 2019 5:26 PM

R392, LOL.

Hallmark goes to the dark side...

by Anonymousreply 393April 18, 2019 6:11 PM

$5 says that Mrs. and Mr. Lori will be divorced within 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 394April 18, 2019 7:24 PM

R386 I pray to God that will prove that he exists and that Heavenly retribution exists on Earth by making that spoiled bray spend a year or two in the slammer.

by Anonymousreply 395April 18, 2019 7:26 PM

If they can send that real housewife and her husband to prison they can do the same to Lori and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 396April 18, 2019 8:33 PM

Then what we’ll want is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area.

by Anonymousreply 397April 18, 2019 10:20 PM

R7. Don’t be so sure. Remember Patti Hearst?

by Anonymousreply 398April 18, 2019 10:25 PM

I would like to see OJ take some responsibility for her part, perhaps just as Lori is to be sentenced she can stand up in court and say “I volunteer as tribute!”

by Anonymousreply 399April 18, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]Remember Patti Hearst?

Yeah. The only person ever to be pardoned by two separate presidents.

No wealthy privilege there. At all.

by Anonymousreply 400April 18, 2019 10:51 PM

She doesn't want to go to jail. They want a plea with a fine and some community service.

I would have taken the 4 months that Felicity is doing. Probably get out in 2 and she can write her memoirs in the special cell block for rich bitches.

by Anonymousreply 401April 18, 2019 11:07 PM

r377 Mossimo went to college? How is he in a frat? Olivia Jade said she is going to college because her parents didn't.

by Anonymousreply 402April 18, 2019 11:15 PM

Felicity hasn't been sentenced R401 and since it is federal she will have to do 85% of the term.

by Anonymousreply 403April 19, 2019 12:05 AM

R402 I know, I know Fox News, but it does answer your question. He pretended to enrolled at USC and even lived in a frat house, but secretly diverted the funds to use the money to start his t-shirt business. Apparently OJ was bragging about it days before the arrests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404April 19, 2019 12:30 AM

R402 he scammed his own parents: he got them to send him tuition $$$ but never enrolled, just hung out with a frat. He's in the frat membership pics.

Lori is insanely hot.

by Anonymousreply 405April 19, 2019 2:23 AM

Mr. Lori has a son from a previous marriage. I wonder where the son went to college and if there was scamming involved.

by Anonymousreply 406April 19, 2019 2:30 AM

This has opened a can of worms for these people. The IRS is on their tail now.

by Anonymousreply 407April 19, 2019 5:23 AM

R407 Yep, and it won't just be Ms. Lori and Mr. Lori, the IRS will be crawling up everyone's asses, from the highest to the lowest in this disaster. Can't wait! Posted on the main thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408April 19, 2019 7:24 AM

Can't be long for the IRS to go after Felicity and Bill, especially since she has plead guilty.

by Anonymousreply 409April 19, 2019 7:41 PM

I doubt Felicity would do prison time over her taxes. I can see a fine and the IRS going over their past returns.

by Anonymousreply 410April 19, 2019 9:13 PM

Trump should get more for his scams and money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 411April 19, 2019 10:09 PM

Trump needs to be locked up for life.

by Anonymousreply 412April 19, 2019 10:46 PM

It’s absolutely comical how obsessed some of you are with Trump. Someone HAS to mention him in every thread regardless of what it’s about. Your obsession is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 413April 19, 2019 10:51 PM

Considering he is destroying our country R413 we have every right to be obsessed with his crimes against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 414April 20, 2019 12:04 AM

Trump has nothing to do with this, or any number of other threads, but JFC people can't help bringing him up. It's tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 415April 20, 2019 12:23 AM

Amen, r415.

by Anonymousreply 416April 20, 2019 12:37 AM

Well R413 and you are R416. why did you just delete your cookies?

by Anonymousreply 417April 20, 2019 3:24 AM

Looks like Lori and her husband are arguing just like Felicity and Bill. Any bets on who, if anyone, gets divorced first?

by Anonymousreply 418April 20, 2019 4:29 PM

Isn’t Felicity’s sentencing in May? Will be interesting to see what her prison sentence will be.

by Anonymousreply 419April 20, 2019 7:10 PM

R417: MARY!

by Anonymousreply 420April 20, 2019 7:30 PM

I think Lori will take a deal, if offered, when she finds out Felicity's sentence.

by Anonymousreply 421April 20, 2019 10:51 PM

If Lori does get some kind of deal it might be longer than the 4-10 month prison sentence that is being mentioned for Felicity. Lori and Mr Lori got farther into the scam than Felicity did and they spent much more than the 15k that Felicity and Bill spent.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised Lori throws Mr. Lori under the bus and claims he emotionally abused her and forced her to take part in the scam.

by Anonymousreply 422April 20, 2019 11:09 PM

Lori is not going to jail voluntarily, she will fight it.

by Anonymousreply 423April 21, 2019 2:19 AM

Too bad they don’t have any mother-daughter events in jail.

by Anonymousreply 424April 21, 2019 4:16 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 21, 2019 9:48 AM

I heard that the IRS is beginning to audit the families. YEA! More, more, more... if only the media would keep this story front and center. The manipulation of the admission system, the extreme wealth and how it is used, the criminality is something we can expose.

by Anonymousreply 426April 21, 2019 10:04 AM

Until there is sentencing, in Felicity's case, or a trial in Lori and her husbands case, there is not much more to report concerning this case R426.

by Anonymousreply 427April 22, 2019 3:54 AM

r427 How the fuck do you know?

by Anonymousreply 428April 22, 2019 3:56 AM

What the hell are you talking about R428? Seek help for your anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 429April 22, 2019 3:58 AM

Legitimate question r429 how the fuck does anyone know what shoe is going to drop next?

Seek help for your tedious issues.

by Anonymousreply 430April 22, 2019 4:01 AM

Fuck off R430. You are the one trying to get people to post to your thread about Smollett and this story. You are fucking pathetic. I've read about you and your pathetic husband, if that is even true. Just fucking stop, this site and threads are not the be all and end all and no one, except for you, is obsessed with how many part numbers they can have to a thread. I've never seen, until you, someone starting a another part thread when the thread was only at 300.

by Anonymousreply 431April 22, 2019 4:10 AM

r431 I thought the full moon was last Friday. Still hungover?

by Anonymousreply 432April 22, 2019 5:52 AM

(129) Re husband Eurotrash. He was raised in California - Newport Beach I believe. Used money his parents gave him for his USC tuition to start a company that manufactured "surf themed" clothing. Was hugely successful, teamed with Target, etc. His first name starts with J. So real name could be John. He is savvy and a good businessman. Can't believe he was dumb enough to get involved with all of this. He did not graduate from college, however

by Anonymousreply 433April 24, 2019 8:52 AM

what a dumb cluck, to piss prosecutors off by pleading not guilty...man she should sue her lawyers...

off with her head.

by Anonymousreply 434April 24, 2019 8:57 AM

Now they are claiming they didn’t know what the money was going to. Will be interesting to hear what is on the tapes. Also Mr Lori gave an additional $100,000.

by Anonymousreply 435April 24, 2019 3:17 PM

Strangely there are a lot of similarities with this and the Smollett case.

by Anonymousreply 436April 25, 2019 3:56 AM

Oh my God R436, you are a loon... the Smollett case? How does Jussie paying two men to 'beat' him up in the very early hours of a very cold Chicago day compare in any FUCKING way to paying $500,000 to get your two spawn into college?

by Anonymousreply 437April 25, 2019 11:30 PM

You should try using your brain r437. Both are blaming other people and claiming they are innocent. Both believe they are above the law and expect special treatment. Both are liars and become indignant.

by Anonymousreply 438April 26, 2019 12:01 AM

Mr. Lori pings.

by Anonymousreply 439April 26, 2019 7:40 PM

Speaking of Smollett there is a new thread up. No idea how long it will last. For anyone following both stories, here you got:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440April 26, 2019 7:57 PM

Is her husband charged as well? They were both so full of themselves and sure they wouldn't be found to have done anything wrong!

by Anonymousreply 441October 22, 2019 7:02 PM

Now they are adding bribery charges, because the colleges accept federal funding. This is starting to get crazy. Are they going to start charging all the parents that donate buildings and libraries to facilitate their children's enrollment? It is all bribery.

by Anonymousreply 442October 22, 2019 7:11 PM

Bribery! Today the Feds added bribery

Actress Lori Loughlin and 10 other parents in a massive college admissions scandal are facing additional charges, the Justice Department announced Tuesday,

by Anonymousreply 443October 22, 2019 7:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!