Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Press Event 4/9/19

He’s completely unhinged today.

He forgot to say “no collusion, no collusion, no collusion”.

Sorry the audio isn’t better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2019 6:59 PM

Here’s Part 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2019 5:48 PM

So, I still don't watch it when it speaks in live events. What did it say? I refuse to acknowledge it as a human, let alone a president.

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2019 5:50 PM

Trump takes on the Disgraceful world...

In Part 1, Trump attacks “bad laws”; a recent Judge’s ruling against him on asylum; legal decisions in the 9th circuit; the “bad things that are coming out of Congress”; that the “Democrats are obstructing”, (him, apparently); and that we have the worst laws of any country in the world. He lies that he’s “building a lot of Wall”, and that Democrats wants Open Borders, and lawlessness.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2019 6:02 PM

Why doesn't a reporter follow up by asking, "Mr. President, why did you just lie when you answered my [colleague's] question? What you just stated is 100% false."

He is blatantly lying about Obama being the initiator of child separations.

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2019 6:03 PM

In Part 2, Trump claims that “President Obama separated the children”, and that “the press knows it, you know it, we all know it,” and that Trump stopped it. He must have blamed Obama 5+ times in a long, demented, flop-sweaty rant. He also calls the children’s cages “very inappropriate.”

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2019 6:05 PM

Trump blamed Obama for the child cages, and for separating the children; but also stated that it was necessary to deter additional immigration. It wasn't clear what he was trying to even say, except to blame Obama for what he did, while stating that it was necessary and that he’s going to do it again.

He also forgot to add that the country is full and the “No Vacancy” sign was on.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 6:10 PM

He doesn’t understand that when he repeats the lie, multiple times, that the “Democrats want open borders”, all he does is alienate the very Democrats he needs to work with. That’s not “spin”, it is just lying.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 6:14 PM

I saw a few minutes. He referred to himself in third person, compared immigrants crossing the border with wanting to visit Disneyland, and like R5 pointed out, he blamed Obama multiple times in just a few seconds.

The funniest part was that when he decided it was over, aides had obviously been tasked with kicking the press out of the room. At least one of them was caught on camera repeatedly shouting things like "Come on, press, let's go."

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 6:16 PM

When he blames the Democrats for “obstruction”, it shows that he doesn’t understand the difference between the separation of powers; and acting to abuse his office by interfering with a lawful investigation.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2019 6:18 PM

quote]that Democrats wants Open Borders, and lawlessness

It's an established fact that the most open border is at Mar-a-lago's front door.

They should just put up a sign "All foreign spies welcome" in several languages, notably Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2019 6:19 PM

[quote] L'État, c'est moi.

He may confuses the State, with himself. That’s quite possible and would explain his complaint about “Democratic Obstruction”.

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2019 6:22 PM

I still can’t believe he’s our president. It’s surreal.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2019 6:24 PM

I literally cannot hear “President Trump” without having a moment of disbelief and shock. It’s what plants crave.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote]When he blames the Democrats for “obstruction”, it shows that he doesn’t understand the difference between the separation of powers

Fortunately for him neither does his idiot base.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote] ... “the press knows it, you know it, we all know it,”

I despise his habit of telling his audience, particularly telling me, what we know. It makes me wonder if this kind of rhetoric is effective with anyone? Is it possible that there are people who might be influenced by this?

I want someone to interrupt him and tell him he hasn’t a clue what they know.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2019 6:28 PM

I want him fucking OUT.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote] R3: Trump refers to the “bad things that are coming out of Congress”

Here’s an example that makes me think he has a 90 IQ: his inability to clearly articulate something that he’s given a lot of thought to. It’s not that he simply misspoke a limited number of times, he talks like this all the time.

He also is incapable using the word “cyber” correctly. He uses it to mean cyber security, cyber war, as a stand-in for the internet, internet companies, or any other high-tech matter. He leaves a lot up to the listener’s interpretation, like Chauncey Gardner in the movie, “Being There”. When I hear people say that they think that Trump thinks like them, I suspect that’s because they have to project their own thoughts into his speeches to make sense of the jumble of words Trump strings together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2019 6:49 PM

When the Petulant Man Child In Chief says the country is full and starts turning away immigrants from South and Central America one though occurs to me. His Grandfather came to the U.S. from Germany. Hell my Great Grandparents came to the United States from Italy. Further thinking it through - every group in this country from the WASPS to the other waves of immigration - they're all based on immigrant stock. All of us - be it from Europe, Asia, Africa etc. Some of our ancestors left Europe when much of it was still shit hole. Others have ancestors who came here for work, or were transported here. It's fascinating.

Then I start to wonder, what miracle drug, what new innovation won't occur because we turned away immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2019 7:29 PM

[quote]When the Petulant Man Child In Chief says the country is full and starts turning away immigrants from South and Central America

The only question he should be getting when he makes this statement is: Why didn't you turn away your in-laws?

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 8:11 PM

R19 Because they had gold chain migration.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2019 8:51 PM

He blames Obama 8 times for separating children from parents in a minute and 23 seconds. Then he says we need it. He said “Obama had it, and we changed the law”. To my knowledge, he hasn’t passed any such laws. It’s like a Marx Brothers routine - “who you gonna believe, me, or your own lying eyes?”

Meanwhile, he just fired his Homeland Secretary because, I hear, she was slow-walking the punitive measures he wanted to enact to use to discourage future immigration.

He does a lot of complaining about immigration law, but isn’t that his job, to propose legislation and lead his party to pass it?

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2019 9:13 PM

Why play by the rules when you can do whatever the fuck you want like trump does?

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2019 10:08 PM

He wants to be a Nazi on immigration, but he's also mindful of the shit he gets for separating families and putting kids in cages. Rather than discontinue the policy, he just finds someone else to blame for any criticism. If he hasn't yet, I'm sure he'll find a way to accuse Kirstjen Nielsen both of being too heartless and not aggressive enough. Consistency means nothing to him, only what he can get away with.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2019 10:17 PM

[quote] R21: He blames Obama 8 times for separating children from parents, in one minute and 23 seconds. Then he says we need it. He said “Obama had it, and we changed the law”. To my knowledge, he hasn’t passed any such laws. It’s like a Marx Brothers routine - “who you gonna believe, me, or your own lying eyes?” This is all completely untrue.

In order to understand what he is saying, you have to fill-in your own thoughts, for his ambiguous, and dishonest statements. I think that’s why supporters believe that “Trump thinks like them”. They are actually agreeing with their own thoughts, and project that onto the air-salad coming from Trump.

Obama didn’t have child-separation as a matter of public policy.

Trump is a walking, talking, self-contradiction and liar. Not at all consistent, and completely unintelligible.

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote] Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen resigned yesterday, 4/9/2019. Acting Homeland Security Secretary Deputy Secretary Claire Grady was forced to resign today, 4/10/2019.

What’s this about? The rumor is that former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was ousted for slow-walking the latest orders from Trump to be cruel to immigrants and asylum-seekers to deter immigration. Then he fired the Acting Deputy Secretary, probably because she wouldn’t use this cruelty, aka torture, as a political tool on Trump ‘s behalf.

I’m pretty sure that Trump‘s plans for torture and cruelty constitute violations of a number of treaties, and are considered to be war crimes.

This is like a slow-moving Saturday Night Massacre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Is he planning on turning the migrant camps into concentration camps?

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2019 6:12 PM

Ask President Obama, R26. Trump will blame him, anyway. And don’t let the lack of facts and evidence sway you.

I have to re-watch the videos in the OP, and in R1, again and again. We have a Fascist President who threatens to imprison his political opponents without evidence of any crime. Who tries to intimidate the media; the Judiciary; and the intelligence community, including the FBI. Who denigrates the Democratic process by threatening to not accept the Presidential vote tally if he lost, in 2016; and again in 2020. Who threatens violence in 2018 and 2019, at least, citing his support within the military, police forces, and “bikers”. This is how fascists rule.

At the link, Trump threatens violence if he doesn’t like the midterm results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2019 6:35 PM

Here is a recent Lawrence O’Donnell block on Trump’s promotion of violence against, well, most everybody. Includes Trump’s threats of a coup if he doesn’t like the midterm election results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2019 6:44 PM

[quote] Webster’s definition of fascism: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

1. exalts nation and often race above the individual - CHECK

2. stands for a centralized autocratic government - CHECK

3. headed by a dictatorial leader, - CHECK

4. severe economic and - CHECK

5. social regimentation, - underway

6. and forcible suppression of opposition - CHECK

7. This definition should also include militarism (CHECK)

Trump checks off all the boxes as a fascist ruler. Fortunately he’s not very good at it, and our separation of powers has helped keep Trump in check.

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2019 6:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!