Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN: Prosecutors want prison time for Felicity Huffman

That seems too harsh to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 11, 2019 4:58 AM

Lock her up!

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2019 1:08 AM

R1, what about poor black mothers who get prison time for lying about their addresses to get their kids in better public schools?

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2019 1:09 AM

She better give Jussie a call!

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2019 1:10 AM

What about poor people who go to jail for bouncing a check to the piggly wiggly?

I'd say bribing people with $15,000 deserves jail time. Doubt she'll get it though. The articles are NOT saying what they got in return for their guilty pleas.

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2019 1:11 AM

Jail time would be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2019 1:14 AM

She'll suffer via a slow decrease in roles offered. It seems she used to shill stuff on her Twitter accoubt, that's out as once she reopens her page it will be filled with troll posts. She's not popular or good enough to completely overcome this

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 1:14 AM

If Martha Stewart got prison time, Felicity Huffman is going to get prison time. As for Lori? Throw away the fucking key. It isn't the amount of money, it's the charges. This is what she is likely facing:

"She will plead guilty to a single charge of conspiracy and fraud, according to court documents. Those charges are punishable by up to 20 years in prison, but the plea agreement indicates prosecutors will seek a sentence of four to 10 months."

A guy in my neck of the woods plead guilty today too. Much more money involved, but again, it isn't the amount of money, it's the charges that drives a prison sentence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 1:17 AM

If she doesn't go to prison she'll never know how to properly organize her enema kits.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 1:17 AM

She'll probably get house arrest or something.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2019 1:20 AM

Summer stock with local featured players, 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2019 1:23 AM

The Dean should paddle Felicity's bony ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2019 1:24 AM

Fuck Lori. She is the shadow pretending to be the light. Evil. Betch.

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2019 1:27 AM

She will get off entirely, Smollett-style, because it's not just Academia that is corrupt, but the legal system is too. If you have money and the right political friends, you walk.

There is a slight chance of this general rule not working here, however, because the College cheating has negatively affected other people's kids and their futures. When people fuck with other people's kids, all parents tend to become enraged.

We'll see which is stronger in Hollywood: Political connections or the base parental instincts of Felicity and co's opponents.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2019 1:30 AM

Do we need yet another thread for this? On part 7 over here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2019 1:30 AM

Felicity gets 6 years. Lori gets life. Without parole.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2019 1:30 AM

Make it a reality TV show. Use the Big Brother house as a jail and have all the college scammers living together for a season.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Best thing for her, really. Her career was going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2019 1:38 AM

R17 Heather Locklear?

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2019 1:39 AM

Nice inmate number, R8!

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 1:41 AM

Justice: Nicolette Sheridan’s housekeeper/maid for one year.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2019 1:45 AM

This will follow Felicity to the grave. It will be right at the top of her NYTimes obit. And WIlliam H? he was a stooge to let it happen...or he was a stooge to have not understood what was going down...

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2019 1:48 AM

R19, glad for the catch! LOL.

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2019 1:50 AM

Wasn't Martha's for securities fraud? Insider trading or something like that? It's not the same. She'll probably get probation and community service. And they should also prosecute the Ivy League schools who took her money.

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2019 1:56 AM

They’ll want to make an example of her. Prison time.

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2019 1:58 AM

Love that Neely O'Hara coming out of the divorce court look.

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2019 2:00 AM

As one of the posters stated above, most likely 4 to 10 months. She doesn’t have any prior offenses and she’s not violent.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2019 2:10 AM

She will get supervision and a six figure fine. No jail.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2019 2:11 AM

Instead of putting her in prison, have her do a shitload of community service, pay a huge fine and then release all nonviolent drug offenders in prison in California.

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2019 2:16 AM

Why should anyone serve 20 years for a non-violent offense? A year? Fine. Two? Okay. But don't punish Felicity's kids any further by taking their mother out of their lives until they're almost in the forties. That's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2019 2:17 AM

*their forties

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2019 2:17 AM

Maybe her children would find her extended absence a blessing not a punishment.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2019 2:21 AM

they need to and they will show her the prison walls.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2019 2:22 AM

Yet the trumpsters walk free among us.

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2019 2:35 AM

The whole thing is sad. I think Laurie Laughlin has already had her punishment by having to be in hallmark movies. And then getting kicked out is the ultimate embarrassing endings.

This is Patty white collar crime. I would prefer they lost all their assets and serve no time. Learning to be humble would be a real gift to them

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2019 2:38 AM

Felicity can kiss another Oscar nomination goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2019 2:44 AM

She does need some prison time, but at least she confessed her guilt, unlike Smollett, whose crimes were much worse.

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2019 2:46 AM

Felicity and Lori need to get fingered by a big bulldyke in the slammer. That’ll teach them to cheat!

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2019 2:49 AM

Fry her

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2019 2:50 AM

She should get EXTRA time for playing a trans woman when SHE IS NOT TRANS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2019 2:53 AM

Imagine how humiliated her kid must feel. Her mom basically says “you’re not smart enough to get into a good school so imma hire someone to take your SAT for you.” Then the poor fool kid shows up and takes the SAT with no clue what’s going on.

And all that crap about how ashamed poor Felicity feels now is total b.s. She had no shame until her ass got caught.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2019 3:05 AM

Why her and not all the others?

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2019 3:06 AM

CNN has prosecutors now??

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2019 3:08 AM

What she paid was a drop in the bucket compared to Aunt Becky. I hope they go easy on Felicity who paid $15,000 for SAT answers and throw the book at Lori and her half million dollar rowing scam.

by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2019 3:08 AM

What a loser. You wouldn't catch me doing time for one of my kids.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2019 3:25 AM

This is a clear death penalty case.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2019 3:31 AM

I've always liked Felicity. I'm standing by her during these challenging times.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2019 3:37 AM

R34, she bears the Mark of Hall.

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2019 3:38 AM

Kathryn Joosten is laughing her fucking ass off somewhere up in heaven.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2019 3:42 AM

I hope Loughlin and Giannulli go to prison. Huffman doesn't look nearly as bad by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2019 3:43 AM

How is Bill coming out of this smelling like a rose. Everyone hates Felicity? And Shameless is untouchable?

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2019 3:46 AM

Huffman showed up for Joosten's memorial service.

I don't know if the others did or not or what conflicts they may have had, but Felicity was there.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2019 3:46 AM

They should get some jail time because they will find a way to make money out of this. Whatever fines they have to pay we be made up 100-fold by the publicity this is giving them.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2019 4:10 AM

Felicity is binge-watching Orange is the New Black right now.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2019 4:18 AM

Some lady in Ohio went to jail for lying about her address to get her kids into a better public school, so these cunts should see jail time too.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2019 4:37 AM

Polanski won an Oscar after sodomozing and drugging a child.

She will bounce back from this.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2019 4:38 AM

Do you guys know what happened to their children? Did the schools kick them all out? So far I only heard that one girl was expelled from Yale. Maybe they all plea guilty and take full responsibility so the kids can stay in school.

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2019 5:03 AM

It's smart they leave the kids out of it claiming the kids didn't know. But c'mon, we know they knew.

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2019 5:22 AM

Yes please.

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2019 6:30 AM

[quote]She doesn’t have any prior offenses and she’s not violent.

You have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2019 6:37 AM

Teri Hatcher should play her in the Lifetime movie

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2019 6:37 AM

Yet Jeffrey Epstein walks among us...

by Anonymousreply 61April 9, 2019 6:39 PM

Well, they can always give her jail time, then suspend the sentence based on other conditions that she complies with like loads of community service, paying a big fine. etc.)

by Anonymousreply 62April 9, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]I think Laurie Laughlin has already had her punishment

Who?

by Anonymousreply 63April 9, 2019 7:37 PM

Felicity is due to be sentenced this Friday, September 13th.

Prosecutors are now only asking for one month in prison, after previously wanting four months.

Huffman’s attorneys want probation only and community service.

She will get no jail time in my opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2019 3:51 PM

Jail time will make a better book for her eventual apology tour and TV movie. Talking about this will be the only job she’ll get for a good 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2019 4:02 PM

[quote] Teri Hatcher should play her in the Lifetime movie

The Lifetime movie is already out. Penelope Ann Miller plays Felicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2019 4:03 PM

I don’t think she should get jail time. She was just trying to help her daughter. I’m sure they all feel terribly.

by Anonymousreply 67September 8, 2019 4:03 PM

The Stanford coach who accepted many of the bribes already got no jail time. There’s no way any of the parents are going to see jail time.

by Anonymousreply 68September 8, 2019 4:07 PM

Great actress. Lock her up. That’s all

by Anonymousreply 69September 8, 2019 4:09 PM

She seems like a nice lady. I don’t understand why people want to “lock her up.” Sounds so vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 70September 8, 2019 4:19 PM

She's not a violent criminal.

by Anonymousreply 71September 8, 2019 4:20 PM

I wonder why people here say that it is ridiculous for Flicka to serve any time. What is ridiculous about it?

There a many people incarcerated for a long time for much less.

And when she gets out in a year, she will write a memoir and make the interview circuit. It is profiting off of her brief sentence that will be truly repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 72September 8, 2019 4:44 PM

Has Trump said to lock her up, offer to pardon her, or grabbed her pussy? (He's so unpredictable that scamp!)

by Anonymousreply 73September 8, 2019 4:49 PM

Send the cunt to jail.

And sentence her spawn to community service. They knew they were being misrepresented -- that's called FRAUD.

As we all know, white people get a pass...

by Anonymousreply 74September 8, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote] She's not popular or good enough to completely overcome this.

Based on her work on "Desperate Housewives" I would say you are correct. But then I saw her in "American Crime", the season with Connor Jessup, and she was beyond wonderful. As an actor, there's something there, there.

by Anonymousreply 75September 8, 2019 4:59 PM

Other people got utterly hosed w. prison sentences so she should, too.

I walk among geniuses.

There's gotta be some community service that better-serves everyone's best interests.

And the shithead pigs show up at her house w. guns drawn at some stupid hour of the morning?! Goddamn Epstein didn't get that treatment.

by Anonymousreply 76September 8, 2019 5:29 PM

Fry her!!!

by Anonymousreply 77September 8, 2019 5:37 PM

If she is clever, she will establish a non profit to assist poor students with free SAT tutoring to rehabilitate herself after she is released from prison.

by Anonymousreply 78September 8, 2019 5:41 PM

R10 Summer Stock ended 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 79September 8, 2019 5:42 PM

I am so baffled why she got Eva Longoria and her husband William H. Macy (!!!) to write statements for her to the judge.

First of all, her whole trial has been about a wealthy celebrity trying to skirt the rules so her family gets better treatment--so why would she use her celebrity again to try to get better treatment?

Second, OF COURSE her husband would say nice things about her. Who would expect otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 80September 8, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]And when she gets out in a year, she will write a memoir and make the interview circuit

She’s only getting one MONTH, max... if she gets any time at all. One month is all that prosecutors are now asking for.

by Anonymousreply 81September 8, 2019 7:51 PM

[quote]what about poor black mothers who get prison time for lying about their addresses to get their kids in better public schools?

Well, that’s different. There’s more to it in those cases.

by Anonymousreply 82September 8, 2019 11:41 PM

Send 'em over! I know how to handle criminal types those bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 8, 2019 11:49 PM

She should do a month and quit BELLYACHING!

She broke the law in an especially cunning and deceptive manner, DEPRIVING a deserving young person of an opportunity to better themself through their education!

I think she is despicable. A month is far less than privileged white lady deserves!

by Anonymousreply 84September 9, 2019 1:44 AM

Get a load of Angela Davis at r74.

by Anonymousreply 85September 9, 2019 2:24 AM

*I meant r84. (Sorry, r74)

by Anonymousreply 86September 9, 2019 2:25 AM

For r85

Moral Relativity- The failed modern notion that "right" and "wrong" cannot be affixed on any point on a map. This is because such relativists are generally terrified to "look judgmental" and lack all courage of any conviction at all.

I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 87September 9, 2019 3:25 AM

How very Catholic of you, r87.

by Anonymousreply 88September 9, 2019 4:01 AM

Catholic = Universal

Being able to tell right from wrong is universal. I bet you shriek the loudest when you are the wronged party though!

Why are you insisting on being such a ridiculous contrarian? Are you a twenty-five year-old who just doesn't get out much? I imagine you've never voted for President because "it's just the lesser of two evils", right?

by Anonymousreply 89September 9, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote] She’s only getting one MONTH, max... if she gets any time at all. One month is all that prosecutors are now asking for.

The judge can sentence her to more time than what the prosecutors ask for. It's the judge's decision.

by Anonymousreply 90September 9, 2019 4:22 AM

I've never been able to watch any television show about jail. Orange is the New Black gave me hives. I felt I was suffocating when trying to watch Oz. Unless you've shown yourself to be a physical danger to others, I think prison for most humans is just too severe. Force them into day labor or make them contribute to society in some way. I guess I am a weak person.

by Anonymousreply 91September 9, 2019 5:01 AM

Draft non violent criminals into a tour of duty instead of prison.

by Anonymousreply 92September 9, 2019 5:28 AM

I still cannot fathom why these parents would go to the lengths they did for something like this. Paying $15k is bad enough, Loughlin spent like $50k+, right? And just so your half-wit child has a chance of getting into USC? Really? These people are rich (esp. Felicity, who comes from wealth) and have more opportunities in life than the majority of the people in this country, and they choose to blow it on their kid getting into a college? I know it's a status thing, but it's still baffling to me. God forbid any of them get an education at a public school. What a silly life these people live.

by Anonymousreply 93September 9, 2019 6:54 AM

^^ because the parents are worried the spawn are as STUPID as they are

by Anonymousreply 94September 9, 2019 6:56 AM

The reason why they did this scam, was to write off the tuition cost from their taxes as a charity donation. Yes, they created a fake charity. Felicity and the other parents knew. If they just payed full tuition and scheduled a 1000 donation every few years to the endowment, this would not be happening to them.

Remember, they have the money to pay full tuition. They have the money to pay full taxes. Not doing either undermines all the students at the University and public health, education and critical programs for the American people.

They are going to prison, hopefully, for the fake charity/IRS side of the issue. Though, there are victims. Their actions did harm to others.

by Anonymousreply 95September 9, 2019 7:38 AM

[quote]what about poor black mothers who get prison time for lying about their addresses to get their kids in better public schools?

Can you name one? Have you seen their pictures on the front page for weeks humiliating them daily?

by Anonymousreply 96September 9, 2019 8:22 AM

So is R96 suggesting that crimes that get lots of media coverage should get a lower sentence?

by Anonymousreply 97September 9, 2019 11:06 AM

As ever, almost a hundred responses with almost as opinions. The only one that matters is that of the judge. The Federal prosecutors can ask for a day, week, month, year, or decade. Her lawyers have asked for no jail time. And the Feds are not happy the judge may have her own ideas:

"U.S. District Judge Indira Talwani, who presides over the cases of Huffman and other parents," will "hold a hearing Tuesday on a legal dispute that could determine the severity of sentences.

[bold]The judge will consider whether to listen to probation officers, who identified no financial losses to any victim in the case, which could mean lighter sentences for many parents.[/bold] Prosecutors object to the potential lighter sentencing guidelines and do not want Talwani to confer with the probation department in the admissions case."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 9, 2019 11:43 AM

If Felicity goes to prison, then send the corrupt university officials to prison too.

by Anonymousreply 99September 9, 2019 1:01 PM

[quote]So is [R96] suggesting that crimes that get lots of media coverage should get a lower sentence?

Honey, we're not talking Murder One, She has suffered more than the other 60 people involved. No one knows who the hell they are. This will follow her the rest of her life, and she plead.

by Anonymousreply 100September 9, 2019 1:24 PM

Exactly, R99. It's the fault of the admissions officials, Chancellor or Provost. If they were doing the jobs they were hired to do, cheating your way in could never have happened.

by Anonymousreply 101September 9, 2019 1:34 PM

Meanwhile the pillaging of the Trump crime family, and members of Congress and of the Supreme Court, and various CEO's continues unabated. Huffman could have done her bribing legally, the way Kushner's daddy bought his way in Harvard, and because of that, I think she was ripped off. She probably will be sentenced to her serve her modest sentence in a private for-profit prison--your tax dollars at work.

by Anonymousreply 102September 9, 2019 1:59 PM

This is turning into a Desperate Housewives plot.

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2019 4:22 PM

[quote] Paying $15k is bad enough, Loughlin spent like $50k+, right? And just so your half-wit child has a chance of getting into USC?

The allegations for the USC bribes were more like $500,000, not $50,000. (Loughlin & Giannulli.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2019 5:00 PM

R104 Jesus fucking christ--these people have more money than they have sense. $500k just so your brainless Instagram model daughter can go to USC? There are far better schools if you're going to be dropping that kind of cash. The little brat was quoted saying she didn't really want to go to college anyway. Loughlin is an idiot, and made probably the worst decision of her life by not taking that plead deal. She will probably be going to prison,

by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2019 7:26 PM

*plea

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2019 7:27 PM

Criminal Justice reform...FOR ALL!

by Anonymousreply 107September 9, 2019 8:02 PM

[quote]Jesus fucking christ--these people have more money than they have sense. $500k just so your brainless Instagram model daughter can go to USC?

No $500k was for her TWO brainless Instagram model daughters could go to USC. A Bargain!

by Anonymousreply 108September 9, 2019 9:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 9, 2019 9:39 PM

So, R100 confirms the view that if a crime gets a lot of media, then the penalty should be smaller--as long as the crime is not murder.

Such nuanced distinctions!

by Anonymousreply 110September 9, 2019 11:01 PM

Once again she suffered more than the other people indicted. Their photos and names were,'t on the front page for weeks. No one knows who they are. So in reality, she gets more punishment than the others. People get suspended sentences every day.

by Anonymousreply 111September 10, 2019 2:22 AM

No r111. SHE didn't suffer, her EGO suffered!

by Anonymousreply 112September 10, 2019 8:03 AM

If you think she didn't lose work you're crazy.

by Anonymousreply 113September 10, 2019 9:32 AM

It's seriously stupid to put people like her in jail or prison. Fine her and use the money to do something constructive. She's hardly a danger to the general public. And yes, I've been in jail.

by Anonymousreply 114September 10, 2019 9:42 AM

Absolutely right, R114. Jail/prison should be reserved for those who are a danger to human life. White collar crime is about money, and should be punished by losing money. These bloodthirsty assholes won't be satisfied until someone ends up committing suicide.

by Anonymousreply 115September 10, 2019 10:36 AM

The ignorance is breathtaking.

It would be unfair for use media exposure as part of a sentence. I do not know how much Huffman has suffered and neither do you. If suffering is considered, than should not convicts with children, or convicts with limited financial resources be given lighter sentences because they suffer more than others? Can we not also claim that Huffman suffered less than many because she knows her family will not lose their home or starve without her income? Does suffering less mean she should get a longer sentence?

If we only put those who are a danger to human life in prison, that would set Madoff free along with most most people convicted of fraud and theft.

The classism is also appalling. Huffman may be embarrassed, she may be extremely affected by this experience emotionally. But to elevate that to some kind of suffering above that of others because she is in the public eye is ridiculous. Huffman chose a profession that makes her actions public, but if we cut sentencing on every actor and politician because their crimes get media coverage that would be unfair.

EVERY convict has trouble with employment--and most do not have Huffman's savings and investments. Her loss of employment is less of a hardship for her than for most convicts. So by the logic of some in this thread, should that not mean she should get more prison time than people who suffer more?

Or is it just some kinds of suffering that "counts?"

by Anonymousreply 116September 10, 2019 11:16 AM

The judge surely wants to hear something from the husband, R80. It was his daughter, too, and I'm sure their lawyers wanted to make sure the judge knew the Feds busted into their home with guns drawn.

I know you would disagree, but that had to have done more harm to their daughter than this stupid bribery scheme did. The government very much overreacted over what, in the context of everything else going on in the world, is the epitome of a "first world problem."

by Anonymousreply 117September 10, 2019 11:31 AM

[quopte]But to elevate that to some kind of suffering above that of others because she is in the public eye is ridiculous. Huffman chose a profession that makes her actions public, but if we cut sentencing on every actor and politician because their crimes get media coverage that would be unfair.

Shaddddup.

by Anonymousreply 118September 10, 2019 9:17 PM

It was really disgusting how she tried to subtly throw Teri Hatcher under the bus. Why does Teri have to be shit on because of your screw ups?

She strikes me as a Leona Helmsley type. Thinks being rich gives her massive entitlement above everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 119September 10, 2019 9:28 PM

Good actress. Fuck her; lock her up for a while. She knew exactly what she was doing, sans ethics...

That’s all.

by Anonymousreply 120September 11, 2019 4:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!