Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Criterion Channel

It is now available for on streaming and on such devices as Roku and Apple.

I signed up.

Have you?

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2019 11:19 PM

I will. I am poor so Netflix will have to go.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2019 11:25 PM

If your public library has Kanopy it can help for free, lots of indies and documentaries.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2019 11:26 PM

Yes! Love it so much!

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2019 12:15 AM

What do you folks think?

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2019 6:50 PM

It's a good selection of films but they're available through other sources, including public libraries (free) and a la carte download platforms like iTunes and Google Play (about $2.99 per rental as opposed to committing to $11 a month.)

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2019 7:09 PM

Off to a great start, with over 1500 films ready for streaming.

I just watched a couple of Fassbinders.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2019 7:12 PM

Yup, I signed up during the beta stage. This fills the hole that Flimstruck left when it shut down.

Watching the restored version of Mildred Pierce, right now.

Netflix has become mostly useless unless I want to watch mediocre crud they develop. Everyone that has content is developing their own streaming service, e.g. Disney, Warner Brothers and Netflix is left with scraps.

R2 - I thought you could only get Kanopy if you had a .edu email address from a university?

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2019 7:38 PM

I really miss Filmstruck.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote]Netflix has become mostly useless unless I want to watch mediocre crud they develop.

Agree about Netflix.

I just cancelled HBO. I realized I haven't used it in a couple of months and I'm switching to Criterion.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2019 9:02 PM

Your participating local public library might have a contract with Kanopy, which has a lot of stuff Criterion does not, i.e. several films by Agnes Varda. Kanopy itself contracts with Kino Lorber, Cohen Media, SHout Factory and other distributors.

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2019 9:41 PM

We need to have a "Bibi Andersson Is Dead To Me" thread.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2019 4:12 PM

Kanopy ends tonight at midnight here in NY.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2019 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!