Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AMC's 'The Terror: Infamy'

Second season of the horror drama anthology series. Starring George Takei, who also acts as a consulting producer as he lived through a Japanese-American internment camp.

[quote]Set during World War II, [italic]The Terror: Infamy[/italic] centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese-American community — and a young man’s journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible.

Premieres Monday, August 12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2019 3:25 AM

Season one thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2019 5:42 PM

Trailer. Couldn't be any more relevant right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Is Takei playing a straight role. If so, I'm offended.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2019 2:44 PM

Mumps lady. Also relevant to our time, unfortunately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2019 2:47 PM

I'll give it a watch but part of what made one great was the creepiness of the setting and the isolation of the crew, I'm not sure they can extend that feeling to a Californian internment camp. Not to say they aren't horrifying but it requires a completely different approach. Also it was called "The Terror" because Dan Simmons named his book the season was based on after one of the ships. Rebranding The Terror into "American Horror Story: Season Title" is an... Interesting choice.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2019 2:53 PM

Comic-Con trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2019 6:26 PM

So what did you think of the first episode? I thought it looked great and they managed to convey that constant sense of unease we've witnessed in the first season, but it feels like they weren't confident enough in the main plot and so went slightly overboard with the supernatural elements.

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Warning to TiVo users: Don’t expect your season pass from last year’s show to catch this year’s episodes. Set a new one.

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2019 4:24 PM

Oh, and premieres today on regular AMC, by the way. I hope I didn't spoil anything with my post.

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2019 4:26 PM

*it premieres

I'll be more careful with episode discussion going forward.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2019 4:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2019 5:03 PM

I’m on the second episode. Enjoying it so far.

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2019 2:56 AM

It's about putting non-white people in camps - I call this the feel good show of the year!

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2019 3:05 AM

I'm on the third and will have to catch up as I think five are out at this point. Every episode is getting a C from the AV Club, after every episode of the first season got an A. It's unfortunate because of the subject matter, but many predicted this would happen after an entirely new creative team came in.

They keep talking about being on some sort of an island in the first two episodes. My knowledge of US geography sucks but... they're not in Hawaiʻi, are they? Seems like they're somewhere around San Francisco before they get interned?

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2019 3:07 AM

R14 Terminal Island is a real island, largely artificial, located in Los Angeles County, California. In the early 1940s, it was home to nearly 3500 Japanese Americans, who, like those in The Terror: Infamy, were forced out of their homes and sent to internment camps, their neighborhoods razed

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2019 3:16 AM

r15 Oh, that totally explains it, thanks!

And what an amazing thing; so many houses on that little island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2019 3:21 AM

Oh, and I stumbled on this fascinating piece the other day about Kiyoshi Kuromiya, the AIDS activist who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

[quote]Kuromiya was born on May 9, 1943 in one of those places most Americans try to forget existed: the WWII Japanese-American concentration camp at Hart Mountain. He would come out around the age of ten, when he was arrested for having sex with an older boy in a public park. But it was after he landed in college at University of Pennsylvania in 1961 that his life as an activist took off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2019 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!