Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

THE UNFORGOTTEN on PBS tonight!

The Unforgotten starring brilliant Nicola Walker as a police detective investigating cold case crimes returns to PBS' Masterpiece Mystery tonight for its 3rd season! Check your local listings, in NYC it'll be on at 10 pm.

This is one of the best police procedurals to come out of the UK since Happy Valley. If you haven't watched the first 2 seasons, they can be accessed at PBS.org.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 5:13 PM

And the ubiquitous Keeley Hawes won't be in it!

by Anonymousreply 104/07/2019

I've perched for that for a couple of weeks now! It's arguably one of the best, if not THE best UK crime drama. Nicola Walker is a goddess!

by Anonymousreply 204/07/2019

^^been perched

by Anonymousreply 304/07/2019

Only just caught this series by accident at about 3am. Really loved what I saw and ended up making my insomnia even worse by catching the whole first season in almost one go! It was so well done, and I loved the appearance of Ruth Sheen who has always been a bit underrated.

It aired in a funny order here in Australia, I missed S2 so i'm hoping I can catch up with that afterward. But they're playing S3 now. I'm guessing since they start a new case every season it won't ruin anything?

I've only watched the first episode but so far I like what I see (even if the sister's *scene* on the boardwalk was a bit Bold and the Beautiful). Seems like her lack of sleep angle might lead to more personal drama for Walker's character, which is a good move for the show because in the first season she's more of a 'lens' for the audience than a fully formed complex character (not that it suffered because of that). The next two episodes are in my TV ready to go.

Nicola Walker is a great lead, she's very focused and workmanlike. I love the scenes where they interview people, you can instantly tell what she thinks of them.

by Anonymousreply 404/07/2019

S2 is even better than S1 (in my opinion.)

by Anonymousreply 504/07/2019

I want to see an Unforgotten/Happy Valley crossover.

by Anonymousreply 604/07/2019

Frances Tomelty (Sting's 1st wife!) was unforgettable in Season 2 as the victim's mother.

It's funny, the writing isn't necessarily that special, I don't think , but most of those British actors are just so brilliant at creating an entirely empathetic character history in just a few short scenes.

And Tom Courtenay, also that season! OMG.

by Anonymousreply 704/07/2019

Great opening episode, as always! This show has such humanity.

by Anonymousreply 804/07/2019

also on Amazon Prime

by Anonymousreply 904/07/2019

how many threads do we need.

by Anonymousreply 1004/07/2019

If there's another thread, please link it.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 1104/08/2019

Bumping for Episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Sunday at 3:59 PM

You like that shit?

by Anonymousreply 13Last Sunday at 4:01 PM

Yes, but I don't like people with shitty tastes like you, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Sunday at 4:02 PM

Oh my, r14! Pull that stick out of your ass!

by Anonymousreply 15Last Sunday at 4:03 PM

I'm up to episode 4 of the third season. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything. Just to say that i'm liking it so far even if it took me an episode to get into.

I still think the sister of the victim is over-acting her ass off. Yes i'm aware she's playing someone experiencing grief, but it's just those constantly tensed eyes and eyebrows, crying or whispering every word out, the intense way she looks at Nicola's character. Even the actress playing the hysterical mother is more subtle.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Sunday at 5:46 PM

I just love this series so much.

As formulaic as it's quickly become, the tension that's slowly and gradually created is amazing. Nicola Walker's performance is a master class in small screen acting. Her every blink and smirk is a joy to behold.

The twin sister looks like a real person, not an actress, so her over the top performance rings true for me. All of the casting is always so great....American TV would never cast all of these ordinary-looking actors to play ordinary people.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Monday at 6:48 AM

Should I watch it?

by Anonymousreply 18Last Monday at 6:55 AM

R17 Eh, I think most of the actors on the show look like real people. From the two leads down to the minor players (I mean Ruth Sheen in season one couldn't look LESS like an 'actress'). It's more her overwrought, hammy, forced and self conscious performance.

But hopefully she will improve in the next few episodes for me.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Monday at 7:01 AM

Lewis Reeves is cute. He has an unfortunate head shape but I found a picture where you don't see it as much.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Tuesday at 11:31 AM

I mean, it’s not Bron/Broen but it’s an entertaining show.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Tuesday at 11:34 AM

Very little is Broen, to be honest, but Unforgotten has its own more subdued, less grisly charms.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Tuesday at 12:30 PM

Lewis Reeves is VERY cute! I didn't know his real name so thanks for posting his photo, r20. I wish he had a little more screen time.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Tuesday at 12:37 PM

Here you go, honey!

by Anonymousreply 24Last Tuesday at 12:40 PM

more

by Anonymousreply 25Last Tuesday at 12:41 PM

Goodness!

Should we know Lewis from some of his other credits?

by Anonymousreply 26Last Tuesday at 12:44 PM

IMDB is your friend. He's playing the Prince of Wales in some B movie coming out this year.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Tuesday at 12:49 PM

Do they do oral & anal?

by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 4:30 PM

Season 2 was intense. It’s always great to see Mark Bonnar.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Thursday at 10:00 AM

Well I finished S3. It's so middle-brow yet very watchable, as usual. I identified the main criminal early but hoped for an end of season surprise, futilely.

Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Thursday at 10:19 AM

Back off, r29 - he’s mine!

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 11:42 AM

Ah, Mark Bonnar! He played the gay daddy in S2, correct?

Love him! What else has he been in that's worth a look? Is he gay in real life??

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 2:47 PM

Not gay.

He has supporting roles in “Shetland” and “Catastrophe” - both are well worth watching even though he’s not the lead. He was also hilarious in “Psychoville” - Season 2, I think.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 4:56 PM

[quote] Well I finished S3. It's so middle-brow yet very watchable, as usual. I identified the main criminal early but hoped for an end of season surprise, futilely.

I don't think "Unforgotten" is meant to be your typical whodunnit. Yes, we know that all four men are somehow involved but the real story is about what drove them to it, how the murder affected their lives, as well as the life of the victim's family in the past 20 years, and how their lives are going to unravel after the investigation is reopened.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 5:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!