Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Summer weight blanket?

I need to find a light blanket for the summer. I always need something covering me at night when I’m sleeping besides the top sheet. Any recommendations for blankets that don’t make you too hot? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 2:11 AM

I have always slept best with a lot of weight on me and so I typically use two or three blankets, which is horrible in the summer. I hsve neurological problems and evidently people with anxiety, autistic and people with other sensory problems commonly do this. My sister got me a weighted blanket (generally made for people with autism) and I LOVE IT. I sleep so comfortably now because it is heavy but not hot at all. The weight comes from glass beads sewn into the seams.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2019 3:15 PM

Stick to natural materials - part of staying cool is breathability - so pay close attention.

Down blanket - try to get 14oz or less.

Flax linen throw blanket

Bamboo fiber cotton throw

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2019 3:18 PM

Wirecutter recommends the Boll & Branch Waffle Blanket

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2019 3:29 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2019 12:46 AM

Instead of a sheet and a light blanket, why not just use a heavy sheet and take care of your needs with one covering?

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2019 1:01 AM

I use my duvet cover without the duvet inside. It adds just enough weight. Mine are linen, but I’m sure anything not synthetic would breath.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2019 1:26 AM

There are lots of 100% cotton blankets made especially for summer. Wool or down are for winter.

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2019 1:48 AM

I also sleep with just the duvet cover. I like those from Pottery Barn.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2019 1:57 AM

Cleaner lines, too.

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2019 2:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!