Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Men of "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina"

Ross Lynch, who plays Harvey, does little for me. in some scenes he's handsome, but in most scenes he's pretty homely. But Gavin Leatherwood, as Sabrina's major love interest this season Nick scratch, is gorgeous: sleek, ripped, and sexy.

Richard Coyle, who used to one of the hottest British actors, rarely gets to show his stuff as Faustus Blackwood, though he has one good shirtless scene this season. (Otherwise he usually looks older than his 47 years.) There is little shirtlessness with Cousin Ambrose, which is a shame because Chance Perdomo is very pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2020 3:38 AM

Mmmmm Nick Scratch.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2019 1:15 AM

This new batch of episodes was SO GOOD. The way it ends is just excellent. It’s the anti-Riverdale in its coherence and focused storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2019 9:24 PM

Why is no one talking about season two? It’s so good.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2019 10:15 AM

I need to watch it again but I was underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2019 6:34 PM

I want Gavin Leather’s wood in me.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2019 11:44 PM

The last episode certainly flipped a few tables, although now we have a new Scooby pack. If Salem joins them, it’ll be a bit over the top. Just too TOO Scooby Doo.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 2:11 AM

I need to pound Ross Lynch into orgasmic ecstasy!

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 6:02 AM

What is with the Ross Lynch worship? Aside from being young, I don’t see what you love about him. He looks like...any average kid.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 9:29 AM

r6, Kiernan is highly allergic to cats, so they're limiting the scenes she has with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 11, 2019 5:03 AM

The thing I love most about Sabrina is the pacing of the story. It’s not told in an unwatchable breakneck pace like Scandal or anything, but both parts one and two surprised me with where they went and how quickly they got there. As I watched part one, I figured the will-she/won’t-she sign the book would be the question that would propel the story for many seasons. But nope—within 10 episodes, she made that choice. Then for part two, I feel like almost any other series that would set up a dilemma like the one it addresses would stretch it out for much longer. But Sabrina just moved toward a resolution with every episode and then, bam, met it head on without any fake outs or cop outs. I am curious about how far they can take the story, but it’s pretty interesting.

I’m also impressed that the series balances actual fantasy-horror and corny camp AND doesn’t shy away from pushing social messages and somehow it actually works. It makes me feel like the creator must have been really into the idea of American Horror Story but frustrated about its execution and decided to make his own show that has a similar approach, but is actually scary and fun and poignant instead of just a mishmash collage of vignettes.

by Anonymousreply 10April 11, 2019 10:07 AM

r10, before I binged the season, everyopne was trannie issues, trannie character, trannie SJWs. And the Theo plotline was very background and mildly interesting.

I agree with you that it is balanced nicely.

Ending with a high camp entry into Hell was delicious. Even loved the crown of gold phalanges.

Michelle Gomez is a wonderful actor to pivot this show around.

by Anonymousreply 11April 11, 2019 5:18 PM

Luke Cook is probably the only gay one in the cast. Leatherwood and Lynch are both confirmed hetero.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2019 9:01 PM

r12 Are you really going to bump and announce this (false) news in every Gavin-adjacent thread on DL?

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2019 9:03 PM

R13 How is liking a post about female orgasms on Insta "fake news"? It clearly proves he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2019 9:05 PM

If Ross Lynch isn't gay he's the most flaming hetero ever.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2019 9:06 PM

All hideous except Ross Lynch.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2019 9:10 PM

I prefer Richard Coyle to all those little boys.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2019 9:16 PM

R10 Huh. Good analysis, fair. Nothing to add. Thank you for writing that better than I could have.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2019 9:17 PM

I think he might be bi. He liked a pic of a hot gay daddy. That has to mean something.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2019 12:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2019 5:45 AM

Lynch is way hotter than Gavin. Lynch tries to be sexy, but Gavin constantly talks about farting and other weird, gross, straight boy stuff. Lynch is clearly a both-ways swinger. Gavin isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2019 5:58 AM

The men of the original cast were far sexier. Nate Richert, Martin Mull, Penn Jillette..

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2019 10:39 AM

Back up r22.....Penn Jillette?!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2019 12:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2020 7:10 AM

What’s this bs about Ross Lynch not being attractive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2020 8:01 AM

Lynch on the set. So homely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2020 7:53 PM

R26 Jesus, I swear the kid does anything and everything he can in as little clothing as possible.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2020 11:28 PM

Right, R27? Thank god for cocky young pretty boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 4, 2020 5:08 PM

I can't wait for part trois!

by Anonymousreply 29January 17, 2020 1:49 PM

Isn't that a show for kids?

by Anonymousreply 30January 17, 2020 2:01 PM

Is it true Ross dyes his hair brown for the show?

by Anonymousreply 31January 17, 2020 2:15 PM

The Trans man is going to be given a gay male love interest? Ughh

Because of course, with friends like Netflix who needs enemies?

by Anonymousreply 32January 17, 2020 2:21 PM

Quit watching a little girls' show!

Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 33January 17, 2020 3:04 PM

R32 Lol.. so a STRAIGHT couple? How groundbreaking and novel.

by Anonymousreply 34January 17, 2020 3:55 PM

Ross is dating his co-star Jaz Sinclair now (not sure if this is a new development or has been going on for a while, I only saw it now).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 19, 2020 10:28 PM

Ross and Jaz had been seeing each for quite awhile r35 before they decided to go public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 19, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]Ross is dating his co-star Jaz Sinclair now

Poor Gavin....

: (

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2020 3:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!