Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which celebrities or wealthy people have disabled children?

Autism, deafness, Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, etc.

by Anonymousreply 85April 7, 2019 3:24 PM

Colin Farrell

by Anonymousreply 1April 6, 2019 2:34 AM

Aidan Quinn - autistic daughter

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2019 2:36 AM

Sylvester Stallone

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2019 2:36 AM

Judy Garland

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2019 2:36 AM

Travolta

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2019 2:36 AM

Burt Bacharach/Angie Dickinson

by Anonymousreply 6April 6, 2019 2:37 AM

Is fatness a disability? If so, then Cher has a disabled child.

by Anonymousreply 7April 6, 2019 2:38 AM

Jenny McCarthy

by Anonymousreply 8April 6, 2019 2:38 AM

Travolta’s son Jett died. He has since had another boy.

by Anonymousreply 9April 6, 2019 2:38 AM

Arthur Miller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 6, 2019 2:38 AM

Possibly Donald and Melania Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11April 6, 2019 2:39 AM

Neil Young. Two kids with cerebral palsy, if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2019 2:40 AM

(Travolta’s son Jett died.) He has since had another boy.

A biological MIRACLE! Mary!

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2019 2:41 AM

Chris Cooper and Gary Cole

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2019 2:41 AM

Charles Lindbergh

Bette Davis

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2019 2:41 AM

Helen Keller's parents had a disabled child.

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2019 2:44 AM

Were they wealthy, R16?

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2019 2:46 AM

I can't believe it took 15 replies to mention Margo, Bette Davis's daughter.

The Kennedys, Rosemary (b 1918), JFK/RFK etc. sister. Lobotomized and institutionalized from the age of 23.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2019 2:47 AM

[R11] Definitely Donald and Ivana Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2019 2:47 AM

Richard Burton's daughter Jessica had severe autism and was institutionalized. Beto O'Rourke's younger sister Erin has intellectual and developmental disabilities. Ashton Kutcher's twin brother has cerebral palsy. Beverly Stills had a daughter who was deaf and a son who had Down Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2019 2:50 AM

The execrable Jenny McCarthy has a son with autism. Not from vaccines, though.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2019 2:50 AM

Aren't Donatella and Olivia Newton John's daughters anorexic?

I remember Allegra Versace being a cute child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2019 2:50 AM

I supposed you want contemporary stars, yes?

Toni Braxton has an autistic son.

The Palins have a bunch of mentally impaired children, including a grandchild with Down's Syndrome they say is Sarah's.

Classic: Gene Tierney/Oleg Cassini's daughter was injured during birth.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2019 2:54 AM

Fredrick Christ and Mary Anne MacLeod. Gave birth to a total narcissist retard.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2019 2:55 AM

R24 best answer

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2019 2:56 AM

Denise Richards adopted daughter has a disability of some sort. It was revealed on RHOBH. The kid is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2019 3:01 AM

R21, I was particularly impressed with your excellent use of execrable to describe her.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2019 3:02 AM

I believe that John C McGinley has a child with Downs. Not a parent, but Jaime Foxx has a sister with Downs syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2019 3:04 AM

[quote] Not a parent, but Jaime Foxx has a sister with Downs syndrome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2019 3:08 AM

Al Roker has a son with Autism

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2019 3:09 AM

PK and Dorit Kemsley's son has aphasia and hypotonia, which together usually are conditions of an encompassing disorder. I am not saying he has one, but he definitely has special needs.

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2019 3:15 AM

Wally Shawn's sister/William Shawn's daughter

Tennessee Williams' sister

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2019 3:15 AM

And Denise Richards's daughter is adorable R26.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2019 3:16 AM

Well, Zenora Bariella and Coriander Pyle They had sixteen children in the usual style They had a curio museum and they had no guile All they ever wanted was a showbiz child The seventh of December, nineteen-forty-nine They got what they'd been wishing for all of the time He grew up in a trailer, by the time he was nine Rolled off to join the circus, telling fortunes on the side Hail, hail, The Eyeball Kid Well, the first time I saw him was a Saigon jail Cost me twenty-seven dollars just to go his bail I said your name will be in lights, and there's no doubt But you got to have a manager, that's what it's all about Yeah, yeah, yeah The people would point, the people would stare I'll always be here to protect you and to cut down on the glare I know you can't speak, I know you can't sign So cry right here on the dotted line Hail, hail, The Eyeball Kid Well, he was born without a body, not even a brow I made the kid a promise, I made the kid a vow He's not conventionally handsome, he'll never be tall He said, 'All you got to do is book me into Carnegie Hall' Hoo, he's just a little bitty thing, he's just a little guy But women go crazy for the big blue eye How does he dream, how does he think When he can't even speak and he can't even blink? I said Hail, hail The Eyeball Kid Hail, hail The Eyeball Kid Hail, hail Eyeball Kid Give it up and throw me down a couple of quid Everybody wants to see the Eyeball Kid They say, how does he dream, how does he think When he can't even speak, and he can't even blink? We're all lost in the wilderness, we're blind as can be He came down to teach us how to really see (hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah) So give it up and throw me down a couple of quid Everybody wants to see the Eyeball Kid Give it up and throw me down a couple of quid Everybody wants to see the Eyeball Kid Give it up, give it up Give it up and throw me down a couple of quid Everybody will want to see the Eyeball Kid Eyeball Kid Eyeball Kid Oh, Eyeball Kid.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2019 3:17 AM

Jim Beaver has an autistic daughter.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2019 3:24 AM

Charlotte Rae had an autistic son.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2019 3:32 AM

JWOW Son with Autism that Joe Mantenga daughter with Autism Robert DeNiro sons with Autism

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2019 3:34 AM

There are several celebs with disabled siblings

-Ashton Kutcher's fraternal twin brother has cerebral palsy and heart issues.

-Vera and Taissa Farmiga have a sister who has spina bifida.

-Eva Longoria has a sister who is mentally challenged

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2019 3:35 AM

One of George Will's children has Down Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2019 3:36 AM

Several of Mia Farrow's adopted children are/were disabled.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2019 3:39 AM

The Hiltons.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2019 3:39 AM

Boris Kodjoe and Nicole Ari Parker also have a child with spina bifida.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2019 3:40 AM

Olivia Jade, LL's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2019 3:41 AM

is mia's son ronan still autistic?

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2019 3:43 AM

R23 Gene Tierney's daughter was exposed to German measles during the pregnancy, so was born with the disabilities. Tierney had been entertaining at a USO and a WAC who had measles and was supposed to be quarantined, just had to meet her favorite star, so went there. A year later, when the daughtet's problems were already evident, the same woman saw Tierney again and blithely told her about breaking quarantine in order to meet the star. Tierney just walked away. Agatha Christie's "The Mirror Cracked" is based on that, with Taylor in the film as Tierney.

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2019 3:51 AM

I am not retarded!!!

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2019 4:02 AM

Joe and Rose Kennedy's eldest daughter, Rosemary, suffered from seizures, which led to a botched lobotomy that put her in an institution for the rest of her life

Dorothy Dandridge and Harold Nicholas' daughter Harolyn was born severely brain damaged, and was unable to recognize or communicate with anyone. She was placed in a private institution, but when Dandridge went bankrupt, 17 year old Harolyn was basically dumped onto Dorothy's front porch. Dandridge forfeited all parental rights (asshole Harold was long out of the picture), and Harolyn became a ward of the state. To date, no one knows where Harolyn is, or even if she's still alive. She'd be 75 today.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2019 4:03 AM

Spencer Tracy's son--deaf

Jacqueline Susann's son--autism?

Olivia deHavilland's son died young of an illness that might have been inherited, IIRC

Barry Sullivan's daughter--intellectual disability. In "Light in the Piazza," he plays the husband of dehavilland and they have a daughter who was left with a brain injury after a childhood accident

Does Joey Luft have FAS?

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2019 4:07 AM

[quote] Olivia deHavilland's son died young of an illness that might have been inherited, IIRC

So young.

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2019 4:10 AM

R47 lately there was a bio of Rosemary that indicates the lobotomy was really done because she asked embarrassing questions, so Joe just wanted to shut her up. Appalling.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2019 4:12 AM

Judy Garland's son is... well, he's special.

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2019 4:15 AM

Julie Newmar has a son with Downs. He's always lived with her and she's dedicated to him.

The same with Phoebe Snow. Her daughter had severe cerebral palsy and couldn't walk or talk but Phoebe refused to institutionalize her and gave up her career to take care of her.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2019 4:15 AM

[quote] she asked embarrassing questions

Such as?

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2019 4:23 AM

Susan "The Wasp Woman" Cabot gave birth to a son with some kind of dwarfism. She had him injected with growth hormone.and he eventually beat her to death with a weight, possibly because she mistreated him. There was a rumor that he was the son of King Hussein of Jordan, with whom she'd had an affair and I think the king sent money to support the kid, who served a fairly short prison sentence.

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2019 4:24 AM

Holy shit, r50.

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2019 4:24 AM

Stephanie Mills' son is mentally disabled.

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2019 4:25 AM

57 replies and no one has mentioned Katie Price?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2019 9:16 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2019 10:26 AM

aint the rap son of tom hanks....off?

by Anonymousreply 59April 6, 2019 11:10 AM

mia who?

by Anonymousreply 60April 6, 2019 11:11 AM

Here's Beto O'Rourke with his wife, kids, mom and sister who is disabled. His Mom must have a looker in her youth. She's also very tall, must be over 6 ft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 6, 2019 2:53 PM

Katie Price isn't a celebrity in the US, R57. The overwhelming majority of people have no idea who she is. Then again, the same could have been said of Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 62April 6, 2019 2:55 PM

You know R59, you have a point. I think there are many more celebs and famous people who have children with special needs/disorders/disabilities but they just might not reveal it - which is their prerogative. I think far more of these offspring are just plain old troubled though.

by Anonymousreply 63April 6, 2019 2:57 PM

What about Rick Schroder’s son Holden who was in that motorcycle accident several years ago? Did that leave any lasting damage? Years before I met my boyfriend, he was in a similar car accident that forced him to have to relearn all his motor skills.

by Anonymousreply 64April 6, 2019 3:01 PM

I believe Laura San Giacomo 's son has cerebral palsy. Kelly Preston is reputed to have another disabled son (not Jett ) from a previous relationship who was raised by her parents.

by Anonymousreply 65April 6, 2019 3:19 PM

Supposedly one of Robert de Niro 's sons has autism. I'm not sure if this counts as disability, but there were reports of Charlie Sheens sons with Brooke Mueller showing signs of sociopathy at a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2019 3:22 PM

Yeah, isn't de Niro an anti-vaxxer? And of course Barron Trump is autistic which is why they hide him.

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2019 4:24 PM

Does comedian Rob Huebel's daughter have down syndrome? I know she was born premature and Rob and his wife talk about that quite a bit. But, the daughter looks a down syndrome child and nothing has ever been mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2019 12:28 AM

Mariah Carey's kids look to have FAS.

by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2019 12:34 AM

There are a few former NFL players who have disabled children. Kurt Warner adopted his wife's son from a previous marriage. The son's biological father dropped him after bathing him when he was very young. The son is blind and has other issues due to that incident. Dan Marino has an autistic son. Jim Kelly's deceased son was disabled due to Krabbe disease.

by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2019 12:34 AM

don't roid users like stalloone and schwarznegger produce disabled kids with brain and heart problems?

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2019 12:55 AM

Charles de Gaulle had a daughter with Down Syndrome. De Gaulle came from an old, rigid, very conservative, very Catholic family and had always tended to follow the rightwing in France.

Then Hitler came to power. One of the first things he did was 'euthanize' all Germans with disabilities. This was well-known throughout Europe. Nobody lifted a finger - eugenics were very popular. But De Gaulle was disgusted. So disgusted he refused to join Petain and started the Resistance.

De Gaulle lived in London during much of the war. The Royal Family had a couple of cousins with Down Syndrome who were locked away. De Gaulle took his daughter Anne walking every day in Hyde Park, proudly displaying her on his arm which offended Brits who thought disabled people should be institutionalized.

Anne was born with a serious heart defect and died when she was only 20. When she died, De Gaulle said to his wife "now she is like all the other little girls". For the rest of his life De Gaulle carried a framed photograph of Anne with him wherever he went. De Gaulle survived the assassination attempt at le Petit-Clamart because the bullet struck Anne's framed photograph and ricocheted.

When Rose Kennedy met De Gaulle, she was very annoyed because she wanted to discuss politics and all he would talk to her about was Anne.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2019 12:56 AM

R72 and perhaps it made Rose Kennedy uncomfortable that he treated the disabled like human beings, unlike the demented and twisted Kennedy family. Even Jackie Kennedy trashed de Gaulle in a taped interview. But then again, Jackie Ho trashed everyone, she had very exacting standards for such a venal whore.

by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2019 1:04 AM

R79 De Gaulle trashed Jackie too. After meeting her he remarked "elle finira sur le yacht d'un armateur grec". Clairvoyant.

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2019 1:05 AM

R74 Yes, de Gaulle was quite perceptive. He sure had Jackie's number!

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2019 1:11 AM

R72 What a fascinating historical tidbit. I suppose there are always a small minority of people who are ahead of their time morally and ethically.

by Anonymousreply 76April 7, 2019 1:15 AM

cig smoking increases chance of a down syndrome kid?

by Anonymousreply 77April 7, 2019 1:31 AM

Tony Dovolani from DWTS - autistic son

Maura West of GH/ ATWT - autistic son

Holly Robinson Peete - Autistic Son

Kassie DePaiva of OLTL/DOOL - deaf son

by Anonymousreply 78April 7, 2019 1:37 AM

Rob refused to be an easy whore. We never got a diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2019 1:39 AM

R76 De Gaulle was an extraordinary, inspirational orator - the equivalent of Churchill. Had he sided with Petain, the outcome of the war might have been different.

by Anonymousreply 80April 7, 2019 2:14 AM

Had no idea about Charles de Gaulle. That shows true backbone, heart and leadership.

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2019 3:19 AM

Cowboy stars Roy Rogers and Dale Evans had one daughter with Downs that died as a baby and also adopted another child who had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. That son grew up, went in the military, went out drinking and died passed out and choking. They had, or maybe still have, a charity for disabled kids and used to entertain in the hospitals, with Trigger the horse, who was housebroken.

by Anonymousreply 82April 7, 2019 2:59 PM

I'm on this thread because I want someone to tell me how to pronounce "execrable". It's an awesome word, I write it all the time but you never hear it being spoken. How do you say it?

by Anonymousreply 83April 7, 2019 3:06 PM

Angie Dickinson had a mentally disabled or autistic daughter with Burt Bacharach. The daughter eventually commited suicide.

by Anonymousreply 84April 7, 2019 3:08 PM

Sci fi author Orson Scott Card had a son with cerebral palsy who died.

by Anonymousreply 85April 7, 2019 3:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!