Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lori & Felicity will do time

Which of the 2 is most likely to survive prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 22, 2020 6:58 PM

I don't see them doing time especially since miss juicy got away with bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2019 12:02 PM

Lori's & Felicity's crimes have more far reaching social implications. Everyone caught up in this net is going down.

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2019 12:12 PM

They won’t get prison time, sadly.

As a hypothetical, wanted to say Felicity would last longer but Lori has some craziness around the facial expression that suggests maybe don’t mess with her so maybe she would do better.

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2019 12:13 PM

luv to see these overpaid old hacks get jail time with the meanest lesbos on the block.

specially miss goody 2 shoes fug face Lori Lugnuts.

by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2019 12:20 PM

No jail time. They will be fined an amount that is inconsequential to them and, at most, they will serve less than a year of in-home confinement with exceptions granted every time they ask nicely.

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2019 12:49 PM

Lori & Felicity would make a great title for a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2019 3:34 PM

They'll get less than 6 months home confinement, at the very most.

by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2019 4:07 PM

No, they will be going to jail R5. White collar jail, but jail nonetheless. Felicity will probably get six months and Lori a year or two.

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2019 5:09 PM

I honestly believe that if they do go, they'll come out insanely famous and have street cred, esp. Loughlin who is seen as a such a "goody two-shoes" that doing time will have her in demand.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2019 5:12 PM

Lock them up!

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2019 5:49 PM

Seriously? Prison time is a bit much for this.

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2019 6:12 PM

R11, they committed tax/mail fraud. This wasn't just about getting their dumbasses into college, it was the way they went about it. People focus on the nonsense, but they committed actual crimes.

A black woman went to prison for not knowing she wasn't allowed to vote.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2019 6:21 PM

Sorry, fellas. I'm sticking by my prediction. I'll just add that when they are done with their 10 months of home confinement, they will both rush to do a Netflix-type movie on their experience.

If they were fat 60 year old bookkeepers, they'd be going to jail. But pretty actresses with fame and money in the bank? The judge is not going to want to go up against that.

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2019 7:47 PM

Martha fucking Stewart went to prison for 9 months. You can bet your bippy at least one of these broads (hoping it's Lori if I had to choose) will be going in for a stint.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2019 8:28 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they were used to make an example. No one really knows the others implicated so they can't relate to them but they can to famous people that everyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote] they committed tax/mail fraud.

Oh, big deal. Just make them pay a fine. Prison is for violent criminals or really big theft cases.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2019 8:41 PM

[quote]A black woman went to prison for not knowing she wasn't allowed to vote.

Equally ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2019 8:42 PM

A black woman went to jail for lying about where she lived so her kids could get into a better school though. This is why these two entitled beyond belief cunts need to be made an example of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2019 8:52 PM

But they're not black so none of that matters.

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2019 9:00 PM

Martha Stewart served 5 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2019 9:13 PM

It is up to the judge, but the prosecutor wants jail time. I would expect Lori to get more jail time because of the rowing scam. It is doubtful they have any information to give the prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2019 9:25 PM

[Quote]It is up to the judge, but the prosecutor wants jail time. I would expect Lori to get more jail time because of the rowing scam. It is doubtful they have any information to give the prosecutor.

The court of public opinion has its tentacles all over this one. Don't forget it was public outcry that sent Paris Hilton back to jail after the judge gave her a puff sentence for violating her probation.

These women singlehandedly demolished the "Affirmative Action is reverse descrimination" narrative. For that alone they are sure to pay dearly.

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2019 10:25 PM

[Quote] Don't forget it was public outcry that sent Paris Hilton back to jail after the judge gave her a puff sentence for violating her probation.

I totally forgot about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2019 3:28 AM

Felicity is from hoity-toity upstate NY, Lori is Long Island all the way. Lori could kick her ass back up to Buffalo.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2019 3:42 AM

lori acting ike a movie star runnin round kissin ass and signin pix, put her in the river and let her go....

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2019 9:58 AM

[quote]Lori's & Felicity's crimes have more far reaching social implications.

So do Miss Juicy's.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2019 10:09 AM

I think Loughlin and her husband spent $500,000 to get one or both of their daughters into college. For me, the only appropriate punishment (if not actual jail time, but that is a delicious thought) is for Lori to set-up a $500,000 scholarship fund. Lori, the husband her spawn MUST accept applications, meet those who apply, and then provide five $20,000 grants for five years. This means they actually do something worthwhile with their wealth. The punishment is ongoing. the punishment affects their bank account, the punishment may actually teach Lori, the husband their spawn something important.

The same goes for Felicity and other parents... I think Huffman spent $150,000 so that means five $10,000 grants over three years worth of scholarships.

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2019 10:29 AM

[quote] Felicity is from hoity-toity upstate NY, Lori is Long Island all the way. Lori could kick her ass back up to Buffalo.

Has anyone pitched this show to Netflix? Or the CW?

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2019 10:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2019 11:01 AM

lori should do time for thinking her dumb ass kids belong in college. if not in that family, they would be flippin burgers at the mac....

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2019 11:06 AM

I think they are going to serve at least a couple of months, my money is on Lori who already has her shiv ready.

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2019 11:15 AM

bread and water for 5 yrs !!!!

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2019 11:27 AM

That is the perfect punishment, r32. They’d get so fat eating nothing but bread.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2019 11:28 AM

I wish the entire cast of that show could go to jail. For stealing my time slot.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2019 11:46 AM

Huge fines, probation, community service. They won't go to jail but their careers are probably not going to recover.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2019 11:56 AM

Wealthy and famous straight white women don’t do jail time. [italic]If they are[/italic] sentenced, it will be inconsequential. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2019 11:57 AM

Love how they each gave themselves a hoi polloi makeover before their court appearance. Lori appears positively professorial in her glasses with its severe looking frame.😅

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2019 12:14 PM

I don't see them doing time in jail I see them paying big fines and having to perform community service. The rich always get off since they can pay their way out of jail time.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2019 12:20 PM

Was worried for Keri Russell there for a minute, she shouldn’t go to jail for being in love with two men, who could choose between Ben and Noel?

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2019 12:22 PM

I actually think it’s the best PR for all parties involved if they serve time.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2019 12:48 PM

[quote]They won't go to jail but their careers are probably not going to recover.

Felicity will bounce back with an edgy role where she plays a damaged or downright evil woman. Lori will have to be the bad girl on a night soap. Both will need to take a break.

If Martha can do it, they can. As R23 inadvertently pointed out, people's memories are pretty short when it comes to these things.

Five years from now this incident will be a, "remember when this thing happened?" type of event.

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2019 1:26 PM

Martha Stewart went to jail for straight up lying to the FBI during the active investigation of series of serious financial crimes. It's hard to get past that one. Five months in the pokey really is the minimum for that one.

Lori and Felicity paid for the services of a crook. They will weep and wail and say they did not know, understand, appreciate, just how seriously illegal his actions were. Why, they were his victims!

R22's point is imporant. "These women singlehandedly demolished the "Affirmative Action is reverse descrimination" narrative. For that alone they are sure to pay dearly." I can see the establishment letting Lori and Felicity slide, just to avoid throwing more sunlight on that harsh truth.

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2019 1:38 PM

How about the other rich deplorables whose names haven't been talked about. They are much more influential.

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2019 1:40 PM

[QUOTE] Lori, the husband her spawn MUST accept applications, meet those who apply, and then provide five $20,000 grants for five years.

Can their daughters apply?

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2019 3:21 PM

R29 LOL i like that show.

by Anonymousreply 45April 5, 2019 3:24 PM

There is no way either will do time AT ALL.Here is what will happen:

Both will get probation (5 years) with a hefty fine.

They have no criminal history, they are rich.They will not do time.Bank that.

by Anonymousreply 46April 5, 2019 3:48 PM

You’re wrong, R13. They will do jail time.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2019 1:14 PM

No way.

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2019 3:41 PM

no they wont, they are members of the white upper class and they will be lawyered up to the max. Justice in America, baby, lets face it that is how this country rolls/

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2019 9:08 PM

I would be shocked if they actually got jail time.

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2019 9:43 PM

Oh god, it's just a school. Daycare for teens.

Why don't they just be open to rich people giving a humongous amount to get their kid enrolled- no questions asked?

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2019 9:49 PM

Jail time, OP? Umm, as if...

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote] It is up to the judge, but the prosecutor wants jail time. I would expect Lori to get more jail time because of the rowing scam. It is doubtful they have any information to give the prosecutor

No, they have absolutely NOTHING what so ever to tell the prosecutor. Remember, this case isn't like other cases where the authorities catch the low level people and use them for info to get the mastermind. They've already gotten the mastermind. He's the one who named names and revealed all these parents who hired him. There is NOTHING for Lori, Felicity or any of the others to trade.

One of the parents who was a lawyer already pled guilty yesterday. He threw himself on the mercy of the court

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2019 11:16 PM

There is a seven part thread about this mess, a lot of information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2019 11:20 PM

Who is going to fuck William H. Macy now???

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2019 11:28 PM

Mossimo, of course.

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2019 11:29 PM

There's more to this whole thing than the parents buying their kids better test scores and college admission. A lot of them (from what I found on the internet) have their own charities. They paid this mastermind guy with checks from their charities, under the guise of it being a charitable donation

One lady Michelle Janavs got $1.8 Million from her family when they sold their business. She parked it into her charity and invested the $1.8 M. She earned $97,496 from the investment fund in 2016. And since they are a charity, they only had to pay $115 dollars in taxes. She then used that money to make $100,000 worth of donations to her children's school. She's been donating to her kid's schools since they were in middle school (tax records for her scam of a charity don't go back any farther on the internet). Her charity is supposed to help "hungry children in America". She's a smart bitch though. She did donate $15,000 each year to the Orange County Food Bank.

And what do you know? Her children listed their "volunteer work" at the Orange County Food Bank on their college transcripts. And she only had to pay $115 dollars in taxes each year.

Someone who earns $7.25 an hour pays more than that per year in income tax and this fucking cunt was able to use her scam charity to earn $100 grand tax free and use those profits to get her stupid fucking kids into college

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2019 11:30 PM

Here's Mrs Janavs charity at a glance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2019 11:37 PM

Huffman chain smokes, can she get tobaccy in prison? will she have to trade....'services' to get her smokes?

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2019 1:34 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2019 2:33 AM

She'll figure out the drill, r59.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2019 2:52 AM

The prosecutors can demand anything but once the $800 an hour Hollywood lawyers get done with them they will ask for selfies with the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2019 8:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2019 12:19 PM

Felicity Huffman to plead guilty in college cheating admissions case....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2019 7:49 PM

Hard for a parent to admit in public she betrayed her kid.

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2019 7:50 PM

What about the husband?

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2019 7:57 PM

R53 I said they have nothing to offer. That was a given from day one. The prosecutor wants jail time. It will be the judge to decide. The climate we are in I believe they will serve time.

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2019 7:59 PM

Felecity wasn't as involved as Lori and her husband was. Felicity has plead guilty and is contrite. I bet she gets a fine and community. She wasn't out front signing autographs and taking selfies with fans on her day in court.

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2019 8:02 PM

Felicity showed up to court in a black town car with her brother and one lawyer and walked in without any fanfare. Lori and her husband showed up in a huge black 'rockstar' vehicle, with a ton of lawyers surrounding her, smiling and waving like she's a huge movie star. Felicity has pleaded guilty while Lori and Mossimo intend to fight the charges, despite the evidence against them. Felicity has issued a public apology, while they have shown no regret or remorse whatsoever, and have been seen out and about enjoying themselves.

Their team of advisors should be fired for their stupidity, arrogance, and sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2019 8:21 PM

I think Lori and hubby will do time. They are still pleading not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2019 8:26 PM

Aunt Becky is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2019 8:32 PM

Lock Aunt Becky up!

by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2019 8:40 PM

Felicity is ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2019 8:45 PM

They are going to jail. Felicity will do six months to a year, Lori will do a year or two. They both could possibly get more. You people have no idea what you’re talking about, but this is DL so no surprise there.

by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2019 9:11 PM

Apparently the feds want Felicity to do 4 - 10 months, $20,000 fine, 1 year probation and restitution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2019 11:27 PM

For those that don't trust TMZ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2019 11:30 PM

Lori Loughlin and her husband must really trust their lawyers to get them out of doing jail time. I wonder why their lawyers think that they can fight the allegations when there is a paper trail leading right to Lori and Mossimo?

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2019 11:44 PM

Felicity will get nothing because of overcrowding, like other celebs got. She's hardly public enemy number one.

by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2019 11:46 PM

These are federal crimes R78.

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2019 11:58 PM

Felicity seems to be taking some level of guilt and responsibility, and the amount she paid is smaller, so she probably will do less time.

Lori Loughlin, on the other hand, seems to be having a bit of entitlement and isn't pleading guilty. I suspect her and her cunt daughter will claim they are the victims. Hopefully Lori Cuntlin will do way more time.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2019 12:01 AM

Why wasn't Olivia Jade charged? She's definitely complicit and this all happened when she was a legal adult.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2019 12:58 AM

Her money didn't change hands.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2019 8:57 AM

why dint Huffman wear a hat or tiara out in that wind? fiddling with her hair looks so unpretty and narcissistic galore....GUG WUG FUG

WHY IS SHE INTIMATELY HOLDING HANDS WITH HER LAWYER? TO SHOW THEYR FUKING?

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2019 9:16 AM

karma is a bitch

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2019 9:21 AM

Note the language of felicity’s statement: “I am in full acceptance...” That’s passive language. How about “I fully accept...”

Shows an arm’s length from taking responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2019 9:36 AM

only thing missing in the vid they keep playing of her in her walk of shame to court with lawyer is a big fat Marlboro hangin from her lip.

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2019 10:17 AM

she wants plea agreement asap so more DIRTY LAUNDRY WILL BE AIRED BOUT HER OR HER FAMILY....

HOW NOBLE.

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2019 10:17 AM

Felonicity isn’t the only culprit. I hope the Fed’s investigate cheating schemes from decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2019 11:06 AM

[quote]If they were fat 60 year old bookkeepers, they'd be going to jail.

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2019 11:49 AM

And yet Donald Trump is a free man. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2019 11:56 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 9, 2019 12:08 PM

[quote]Note the language of felicity’s statement: “I am in full acceptance...” That’s passive language. How about “I fully accept...”

[quote]Shows an arm’s length from taking responsibility.

Hopefully, it shows shame, but it is probably just fear.

by Anonymousreply 92April 9, 2019 12:09 PM

Not only will they both do jail time, they will both be felons. They will both be basically impossible to insure in the future on set. Their careers are over.

by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2019 1:45 PM

I doubt they will be uninsurable R93. There are many actors that have felony records for a lot worse crimes.

by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2019 1:48 PM

Really, R93?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2019 3:15 PM

Felicity and Bill used to be the fugliest couple in Hollywood. A new face and she thought that could buy her immunity from the long arm of the law. Sorry bitch!

by Anonymousreply 96April 9, 2019 3:22 PM

Felicity is a big phony. It's just another attempt at a damage control. She and Bill have been giving their best attempt at that since her arrest. Just another acting assignment for them.

She's really only sorry she got caught and the negative effect it caused for her and her family.

by Anonymousreply 97April 9, 2019 3:35 PM

Regretting they got caught R97 would probably describe most people that commit a crime.

by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2019 3:59 PM

Don’t bother R89, I have copies in triplicate.

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2019 4:58 PM

That is not her lawyer. It's her brother.

by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2019 5:23 PM

@Tom_Winter

24 minutes ago

NBC News: Hollywood Actress Lori Loughlin has been indicted by a federal grand jury and faces charges of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, honest services mail and wire fraud, and a new count of conspiracy to commit money laundering, according to the U.S. Attorney.

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2019 5:58 PM

They'll do two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2019 6:13 PM

They will serve some serious time for money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]Don’t bother [R89], I have copies in triplicate.

I hope they're mimeos Ginny.

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2019 6:23 PM

What about tax fraud, listing the fees as donations and taking deductions?

by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2019 6:23 PM

Lori and husband are in deep doo doo.

by Anonymousreply 106April 9, 2019 6:26 PM

I can't believe their lawyer didn't tell them to take the plea deal. Lori and her husband seem to be so delusional they believe they will not get convicted.

by Anonymousreply 107April 9, 2019 6:54 PM

I’m guessing that’s where the money laundering charges come in, r105.

by Anonymousreply 108April 9, 2019 7:23 PM

Loughlin has been offered a plea with two years jail time. She’d beat take it.

by Anonymousreply 109April 9, 2019 7:28 PM

A pardoned drug conviction is quite different from fraud.

by Anonymousreply 110April 9, 2019 7:31 PM

Link R109

by Anonymousreply 111April 9, 2019 7:33 PM

It’s all over the news. Google it, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 112April 9, 2019 7:48 PM

Well you are a nasty piece of shit R112. I have the news on and I have googled it. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 113April 9, 2019 7:49 PM

Not only has she been offered two years, but she’s now been indicted on new charges of money laundering. She’s better take that offer.

Fuck off R113, you retarded twat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 9, 2019 7:51 PM

They can both be insured. The real problem for them is that their prospective audiences are almost universally pissed at them, making them difficult to market.

by Anonymousreply 115April 9, 2019 7:54 PM

R114, nowhere in that article does it say she was offered a plea deal for two years.

by Anonymousreply 116April 9, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote]But pretty actresses with fame and money in the bank

Pretty? You think I’m pretty?

Bless you, r13. I’ll be thinking of you when I’m learning how to munch muff.

by Anonymousreply 117April 9, 2019 7:59 PM

Whose the retarded twat R113? Oh, you are. Sorry you lack reading comprehension skills.

by Anonymousreply 118April 9, 2019 8:01 PM

Oops, meant R114.

by Anonymousreply 119April 9, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote]Whose the retarded twat

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2019 8:45 PM

I know the difference R120. Should have been Who's. No one likes the "Oh, dear" troll. You just look very petty.

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Hahaha, now Loughlin is finally figuring out how serious this is with laundering charges. Can’t wait until prosecution rescinds the two year offer and offers five.

by Anonymousreply 122April 10, 2019 3:20 AM

What schools was Felicity trying to get the kid into? Is the kid still in high school now or in a college?

by Anonymousreply 123April 10, 2019 4:28 AM

I think vegemite is about umami

by Anonymousreply 124April 10, 2019 4:30 AM

oops

by Anonymousreply 125April 10, 2019 4:30 AM

For Felicity it really is up to the judge. If her sentencing guidelines are 4-10 months as reported then she is in a probation eligible box.

For those unfamiliar with the federal system there is no "overcrowding" in federal prison. They find room for everyone. They actually rarely step people back at sentencing if they are out on release. They send them home to wait for a date to report to the designated prison. There's a federal prison south of Oakland with a women's campus.

by Anonymousreply 126April 10, 2019 5:02 AM

Lori will turn state's evidence against Jade.

by Anonymousreply 127April 10, 2019 5:06 AM

You watch too much TV R127. No way she turns on her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 128April 10, 2019 5:08 AM

She could turn on other parents or other schemes she might have looked into.

by Anonymousreply 129April 10, 2019 5:24 AM

Could someone explain what the charges against Loughlin and Huffman are? I'm confused because, generally, it seems Loughlin and Huffman just paid huge amount of money to get their kids into school. But isn't that something that wealthy families have done for a while now? I get they paid some shady dude to fabricate their kids' applications, but is there actually a crime there? It would definitely be against college admissions policy (and probably get the kids kicked out), but is there an actual federal crime there? Admittedly, I'm not entirely schooled in the whole mail fraud and money-laundering thing, but is that really something Loughlin and Huffman did (as opposed to the guy they paid doing such things)? I can definitely see the issues of dishonesty, but am having difficulties seeing where the actions entered the "criminal territory.

by Anonymousreply 130April 10, 2019 8:56 AM

[quote]You watch too much TV [R127]. No way she turns on her daughter.

No, but I could easily see the daughter doing it. What a coward.

by Anonymousreply 131April 10, 2019 9:06 AM

Is Jade still vlogging?

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2019 12:05 PM

Loughlin and her lawyer’s are complete morons. They thought the prosecutors were bluffing. Enjoy jail, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2019 9:49 PM

[quote] Could someone explain what the charges against Loughlin and Huffman are?

Both are charged with the ultimate crime...OF LOVING TOO MUCH!!!!! 😭 😭 😭

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2019 10:43 PM

New charge: conspiracy to commit money laundering...The locked up Gotti and trew away the key for less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2019 11:29 PM

I would just love to see Ms Goody Two Shoes (Lori) go to prison. Seriously, I cannot stop laughing.

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2019 11:45 PM

Lori is in deeper shit than Felicity, and still seems to act like nothing is going to happen to her. The reality of this just hasn't set in. She's still signing autographs outside the court house.

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2019 12:14 AM

I think when they added the charge of money laundering it hit her that this is serious. How many people would think a prosecutor is bluffing? She really fucked up by not taking his plea deal. I get that she doesn't want to do prison time, but now she has doubled her time in prison.

by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2019 12:31 AM

I wonder if Lori's prison cell will be as cushy as Martha Stewart's.

by Anonymousreply 139April 11, 2019 12:32 AM

You can't blame the lawyer. Some clients just won't listen to good advice. Their choice.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2019 1:27 AM

Please, please lock her up.

by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2019 2:35 AM

vegas bets say lori will do a year in jail.

man she is hated

by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2019 4:34 AM

DL, we need to organize a separate payer circle for Lori on here. Who's with me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 11, 2019 11:34 AM

Maybe Lori will get those tear drop prison tattoos

by Anonymousreply 144April 11, 2019 12:33 PM

Too bad Lori doesn't have a ride-or-die spouse like Wendy Williams is. In the same situation, Wendy would have taken all of the blame even if her husband had masterminded the whole scheme. Lori's husband is probably looking for wife number 2 as we speak. Bye, girl.

by Anonymousreply 145April 11, 2019 12:56 PM

Yes, r139, it will. That's why they call it "Club Fed".

by Anonymousreply 146April 11, 2019 1:00 PM

R134: Celeste Talbert could have gotten a better sitcom than [italic]Full House[/italic] if they ever cancelled [italic]The Sun Also Sets[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 147April 11, 2019 1:10 PM

They’ll both write books, go on an apology tour, and star in TV movies based on the ordeal. Win win.

by Anonymousreply 148April 11, 2019 1:15 PM

Indeed. They had better watch those women's prison box sets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 11, 2019 1:18 PM

[quote]Felicity seems to be taking some level of guilt and responsibility

No she isn't. Her only choice was to plead guilty or risk lots of jail time. This isn't a "is she or isn't she guilty" type of situation. It's a she's fucking guilty situation. The ringleader got caught first. He made a deal with the prosecutors/investigators to rat out all the parents. He (with the FBI monitoring/recording everything) called and emailed the parents and got them all to confess. Most of these people used their own charities to launder the money and they avoided taxes on that money because they funneled it through their charities. They signed fraudulent tax returns.

These people had absolutely NOTHING to bargain with. That's why the first guy to plead guilty and throw himself on the mercy of the court was a hot shot lawyer at a big firm. He's going to get disbarred and go to jail. And he's delighted that he's getting off as easy as he's getting off (with a reduced jail sentence). Had he gone to court he would have lost and would be spending years in prison

The thing with going to court is that the prosecutors will turn their lives inside out while investigating. Who knows what other crimes these people committed could be revealed? When you are 100% guilty and a prosecutor offers you a deal, TAKE IT

by Anonymousreply 150April 12, 2019 3:33 AM

You can't get into the mind and heart of someone R150 so stop with your pious attitude. I would hope most of us would not do what these parents have done, but we were never put in that position. I know my parents (grandparents) would not have done something like that. With all their flaws, and there were many, honest wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 151April 12, 2019 3:46 AM

*honesty

by Anonymousreply 152April 12, 2019 3:47 AM

"Why wasn't Olivia Jade charged? She's definitely complicit and this all happened when she was a legal adult."

Lying in and of itself is not a crime

by Anonymousreply 153April 12, 2019 3:52 AM

Lori's looks aren't fading

by Anonymousreply 154April 12, 2019 3:55 AM

Open the dictionary to the entry for “basic bitch” and her picture will be there.

by Anonymousreply 155April 12, 2019 4:02 AM

Would you like to reassess R145? Wendy Williams finally served her asshole of an ex husband with divorce papers.

by Anonymousreply 156April 12, 2019 1:07 PM

lori will

she is known for the selfish rich bossy skunt she is

let us pity her poor passive husband who must put up with her skuntishness

DIVORCE HER DUDE NOW

by Anonymousreply 157April 12, 2019 3:25 PM

[quote] Lying in and of itself is not a crime

No, but perpetrating or being part of her mother's fraud (by acting like she was on the rowing team) is a crime. And she told other students she was on the rowing team

Her mom may have committed fraud, but she co-conspired with her mother (if not before she was accepted, then at least after she was accepted). And we all know she did before because the authorities have confirmed she posed for pictures on rowing machines (to feed the lie she was an experienced rower, worthy of being on the team)

That's against the law. And conspiracy is easy to prove. But I have a feeling the prosecutors will let her get away with it. If she were a minority student, she'd have the book thrown at her, but white privilege and the fact that she is borderline retarded will help her avoid charges

by Anonymousreply 158April 12, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote]DL, we need to organize a separate payer circle for Lori on here. Who's with me?

Screw that shit. I’m praying Lisa Whelchel gets her Hallmark gigs.

by Anonymousreply 159April 12, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote] DIVORCE HER DUDE NOW

I saw a picture of them at court and she's grinning and he is not looking happy at all. If he were smart he'd plead guilty and serve her with divorce papers the same day. But these two aren't what anyone would call bright. Their vapid, ridiculous children are evidence that arrogance, stupidity and entitlement can be genetic

by Anonymousreply 160April 12, 2019 6:08 PM

If they’re divorced, one might have to testify against the other.

by Anonymousreply 161April 12, 2019 6:10 PM

"No, but perpetrating or being part of her mother's fraud (by acting like she was on the rowing team) is a crime."

Pretending to be on the rowing team is not a crime. Again, you need to look at what she was actually charged with.

by Anonymousreply 162April 13, 2019 2:34 AM

desperate fool housewives

by Anonymousreply 163April 13, 2019 2:42 AM

I'm not a lawyer, so I googled conspiracy to commit a crime. Here's what I found--

"What’s a Criminal Conspiracy? Put simply, a criminal conspiracy is an agreement to commit an unlawful act. The agreement itself is the crime, but at least one co-conspirator must take an “overt act” in furtherance of the conspiracy. Under the federal conspiracy statute:

The agreement by two or more persons is the essence of the crime. If there is no agreement, there can be no conspiracy. The co-conspirators must agree to commit a federal crime or to defraud the United States or any federal agency in any manner and for any purpose. At least one co-conspirator must take an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy. The overt act itself need not be unlawful, and not all members of the conspiracy are required to take an overt act; one co-conspirator’s overt act is enough. For example, one co-conspirator’s rental of a van – a perfectly legal act – to be used in a bank robbery is sufficient for his co-conspirators to be held criminally accountable for their agreement to rob the bank, even if no other steps are taken.

A co-conspirator must have knowledge of the agreement and its unlawful objectives, but it isn’t necessary for a conspiracy to succeed in its unlawful objective. A defendant can be convicted of conspiracy, yet be acquitted of the substantive crime he conspired to commit.

If the facts support it, a prosecutor will almost always charge conspiracy. It is frequently included along with securities fraud, bank fraud, insurance fraud, and mail or wire fraud charges in white collar criminal cases. In one year alone, federal prosecutors charged conspiracy in nearly 1,000 cases.

A conspiracy charge provides the government with numerous advantages. For one, every member of the conspiracy is responsible for the criminal acts of others taken in furtherance of the conspiracy, so a conspiracy charge can dramatically enhance the consequences of a guilty verdict for any single defendant. For another, evidentiary rules are relaxed for the statements of co-conspirators, making it easier for prosecutors to present the jury with incriminating evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 13, 2019 2:44 AM

Loughlin pleading not guilty. Hahahaha. This bitch is a total fool and her lawyers are garbage.

by Anonymousreply 165April 15, 2019 4:06 PM

What about the CEOs who gave millions in bribes? Do they face prison time as well?

by Anonymousreply 166April 15, 2019 4:09 PM

I just hope neither works again. Felicity gets this as karma for not speaking to the other actors (besides her fellow Housewives) on her show unless the camera was rolling. Hate that shit.

by Anonymousreply 167April 15, 2019 4:10 PM

It is gonna be fun to watch Lori and Mr Lori lose everything!

by Anonymousreply 168April 15, 2019 4:17 PM

Money laundering carries a maximum penalty of up to 20 years. Loris looking at at least one year in the slammer. She's just to dim to realize it. And no, the judge will not just make them pay restitution or pay a fine. Their money is tainted. The court will not accept their tainted money.

by Anonymousreply 169April 16, 2019 1:48 AM

You all are fools to think these rich, White bitches are going to see any time in jail.

Won't. Ever. Happen.

by Anonymousreply 170April 16, 2019 2:02 AM

According to the report I heard on the radio, an Attorney in SO Cal said that it's very possible that Lori and her husband will claim that they were misled by the guy they gave the money to and all they will have to do is ask for leniency and pay a fine. The Attorney said they wouldn't be surprised if they only get House Arrest and a small fine (because there's no proof that their crime hurt any one individual).... or they could not get any jail time at all (including House Arrest) and just get a lot of community service. Because they are so wealthy, the Attorney said that the "community service," could be minimal as well as a "large donation," would be seen as benefiting such a large number of people it would be used to factor in "comparable hours of community service."

by Anonymousreply 171April 18, 2019 2:54 PM

The prosecutor has said he wants jail time for them R171. I'll take the word of the prosecutor over some attorney in California.

by Anonymousreply 172April 18, 2019 3:07 PM

The Prosecutor can want whatever he wants. He won't be the one to make the decision.

by Anonymousreply 173April 18, 2019 3:10 PM

6 mos. is a long time, even is she gets out early. Imagine it; day in, day out- jail, jail, jail. Depressing, boring, scary, lonely, humiliating...

I also believe their daughters were complicit in the plans.

by Anonymousreply 174April 18, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]She's just to dim to realize it.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 175April 18, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote]The Prosecutor can want whatever he wants. He won't be the one to make the decision.

You’re right, but he may refuse to negotiate on any deal that doesn’t include jail time. If she wants to go to trial, so be it. Then she’s risking federal minimum sentencing.

by Anonymousreply 176April 18, 2019 3:38 PM

[quote]Then she’s risking federal minimum sentencing.

HAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 177April 18, 2019 3:42 PM

And the prosecutor has said any plea deal will include prison time R176.

by Anonymousreply 178April 18, 2019 4:10 PM

Whose Paul Mafort R177?

by Anonymousreply 179April 18, 2019 4:15 PM

Time for Kim K to advocate for them to Dump to obtain a pardon. She's working on her law degree and super smart.

by Anonymousreply 180April 18, 2019 4:24 PM

I dont think KIM K is dumb, is she defense attorney material, hell no. The biggest hurdle in becoming a lawyer is the massive amount of legal jargon and having a strategic mindset.

by Anonymousreply 181April 18, 2019 5:10 PM

*Who's

by Anonymousreply 182April 18, 2019 6:16 PM

Never fear; NY Times reporter & pundit, Amanda Hess, has it covered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 18, 2019 9:42 PM

Ah, the cocodile tears...I was wondering how long it would take her to pull that out of back pocket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 13, 2019 9:48 PM

So did the judge sentence Felicity or what?

by Anonymousreply 185May 13, 2019 9:52 PM

4 months prison

by Anonymousreply 186May 13, 2019 9:53 PM

Which daughter was the one who was sold as being part of a rowing crew? Didn't she have pictures taken in rowing gear or something?

So how can the parents claim the daughter knew absolutely nothing - the kid would know whether or not she was a rower. Also, didn't a proctor take the test for the daughter? Because there's no way the daughter could claim to know nothing if someone else was taking the test.

by Anonymousreply 187May 13, 2019 10:05 PM

Facility is going to prison for sure.

There’s a good chance Lori will be acquitted. No jury is going to convict Aunt Becky.

by Anonymousreply 188May 13, 2019 11:25 PM

Macy's wife will get 4-6 months max.

by Anonymousreply 189May 13, 2019 11:26 PM

Felicity will not be sentenced until September. She was with her brother again. No William Macy. That's cold.

by Anonymousreply 190May 13, 2019 11:30 PM

There should be like Hollywood reality TV jail where they are forced to be cell mates and it has an opening like the Odd couple with Felicity as Oscar and Lori as Felix. Part of the punishment is there are twenty-four hour live feeds that anyone can watch at any time and each show they have challenges like taking the SAT and who can do the rowing machine the longest. And whoever wins that week gets their sentence reduced by a week and it gets added to the loser’s time.

by Anonymousreply 191May 13, 2019 11:44 PM

R191-lol I love this idea😂

by Anonymousreply 192May 14, 2019 12:21 PM

I told you that Felicity will get about 6 months and a year supervised, and I was right. You cunts crowing about how she won’t see jail time were WRONG. She’s absolutely going to jail and is now a felon, forever. Next up, Lori Dumbass Loughlin, who’s going to be seeing a lot longer than the two years I predicted because she’s a moron with moron lawyers who refused to take the plea. I’m expecting at least four now, with two years probation, and you can bump this when she gets sentenced.

by Anonymousreply 193May 14, 2019 1:54 PM

R173 "The Prosecutor can want whatever he wants. He won't be the one to make the decision."

You are right. U.S. District Judge Indira Talwani (who accepted Huffman's plea) decides her sentence unless Huffman's case is transferred to another judge.

R188 "No jury is going to convict Aunt Becky."

No jury in Boston knows about, much less gives a shit about Aunt Becky. Boston is not LA. Or NYC. Why Lori doesn't understand this (or has been made to understand this) is baffling.

by Anonymousreply 194May 14, 2019 2:21 PM

I don't think anyone on DL thought Felicity wouldn't do time.

by Anonymousreply 195May 14, 2019 3:53 PM

If I were a producer , after everything is done, I'd hire Lori and Felicity to remake "House Of Women" and get John Waters to write and direct. William H Macy as the Warden and Mosssimo to do the costumes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 14, 2019 4:22 PM

Wrong R195.

by Anonymousreply 197May 14, 2019 6:36 PM

Felicity could still do no time. The judge could just give her probation.

by Anonymousreply 198May 14, 2019 10:53 PM

Apparently, Olivia Jade is partying like a rock star while her mom shits bricks. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 16, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote]Apparently, Olivia Jade is partying like a rock star

That’s all she ever wanted to do in the first place. Too bad her mother decided to interfere.

by Anonymousreply 200May 16, 2019 12:48 AM

Lori is not delusional. She's been assured by her handlers that everything is going to be worked out. A lot of successful people owe their fame to the elite, who have final say over who advances and who doesn't. In return, these famous people perform certain "favors" throughout their careers. Some will even sign over their kids.

Lori probably has been told she has to go through this humiliation ritual in order to ascend to the next level or keep what she's amassed. She will get blindsided in the end, just like Lindsay Lohan when they told her she could blow off community service and nothing would happen to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 16, 2019 1:58 AM

She's gotta be on hormone replacement therapy. That is not normal aging for an over-50 year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 202May 16, 2019 2:16 AM

Maybe when she gets out Lori can star as herself in the made for tv Lifetime movie that's bound to be written. Felicity can star in the PSA that runs during commercial breaks, warning parents against the dangers of snowplow parenting.

by Anonymousreply 203May 16, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote] Felicity could still do no time. The judge could just give her probation.

Yes, that's correct. She's in a probation box. Federal sentencing guidelines are not mandatory. Up to the judge. Maybe the judge will feel prison serves no purpose and that she's been humbled and groveled enough.

After three decades of this I am not blood thirsty for jail for anyone except those who need to be removed from society for the safety of others and those who keep re-offending and never learn.

by Anonymousreply 204May 16, 2019 6:45 AM

Olivia Jade's highschool guidance counselor implicates her in the conspiracy. Says dad got irate when she questioned Olivia's rowing credentials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 16, 2019 12:06 PM

Yes, I think someone has a lawyer on the sly who's framing this to all be Mossimo's fault.

by Anonymousreply 206May 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Did Mossimo get cheek implants? He resembles a chipmunk.

by Anonymousreply 207May 16, 2019 1:25 PM

R194 I've seen so many people that are like, "She shouldn't go to jail because I love Aunt Becky!" It's nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 16, 2019 1:48 PM

They should absolutely do jail time, and they will.

by Anonymousreply 209May 16, 2019 2:01 PM

Jail should be reserved for criminals who are a danger to society.

We need less people incarcerated.

Just let Aunt Becky pay a large fine.

by Anonymousreply 210May 16, 2019 2:23 PM

The country is corrupt from top to bottom so why wouldn't these people try to get in the game? Small cases like this exist in corrupt nation states to give the impression to the great unwashed that the state discourages corruption. Pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 211May 16, 2019 2:27 PM

When you're dealing with rich people for whom no fine means anything, what is a meaningful punishment other than a short period of incarceration?

by Anonymousreply 212May 16, 2019 2:41 PM

A fine means they can still buy their way out of any situation, they can't buy their way out of jail time.

by Anonymousreply 213May 16, 2019 4:19 PM

Are you people stupid? They were accused of laundering money. They are not going to reward them by allowing them to pay a fine with money they essentially obtained through theft. Now if the IRS wants to get in the mix, that's a separate issue.

Only thing Aunt Becky can do now is turn on the husband and hope the judge/jury falls for the age old stereotype about Italians and organized crime. She might even throw in a mental abuse charge for added sympathy.

I love Olivia Jade's magical thinking that if she just moves out of the house, the whole mess will just dissappear.

by Anonymousreply 214May 16, 2019 6:38 PM

^disappear

by Anonymousreply 215May 16, 2019 9:39 PM

R214 charging these two with money laundering is ridiculous. It's those who received the money who laundered their gains.

by Anonymousreply 216May 17, 2019 12:55 AM

R216, the co-conspirators end up just as guilty as the principal players. The spokes spin the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 217May 18, 2019 4:42 AM

How come Felicity had to go to court in Boston. She went to one in LA initially.

by Anonymousreply 218May 18, 2019 7:01 AM

I’m glad you asked that, r218, because I was wondering the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 219May 18, 2019 11:59 AM

Lori will have to strengthen her tongue....it will be getting lots of use...

by Anonymousreply 220May 18, 2019 1:08 PM

No, she won't. She'll be in federal, low-security prison with a lot of other people who've committed financial crimes.

by Anonymousreply 221May 18, 2019 2:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 19, 2019 12:07 AM

Yet another guilty plea.

I can’t believe Lori didn’t plead and take her medicine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 2, 2019 7:42 PM

If Americans illegally get their children into college they go to jail. But if foreigners illegally invade America, they get free college. Can anyone explain the logic behind that?

by Anonymousreply 224June 2, 2019 7:45 PM

No jail and then we'll have to listen to their Victim Tours for years afterwards. Fucking actresses are the WORST.

by Anonymousreply 225June 2, 2019 7:50 PM

No logic because it's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 226June 2, 2019 10:25 PM

hahahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 3, 2019 2:58 AM

Another hahahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 7, 2019 3:38 PM

Why doesn't Lori dye her roots?

by Anonymousreply 229June 8, 2019 12:31 AM

She does, she's 55 years old, do you really think those are her real roots?

by Anonymousreply 230June 8, 2019 4:31 PM

Update:

Lori's daughters may appear as star witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 231January 23, 2020 5:53 PM

Link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 23, 2020 5:54 PM

I wondering if dragging the daughters into court will finally get Lori and Mr. Lori to change their plea.

by Anonymousreply 233January 23, 2020 6:09 PM

I bet Felicity is glad she already did her time pre corona.

by Anonymousreply 234April 27, 2020 8:25 AM

People I keep telling you, cutting your long luscious locks into a short bob at the end of your sophomore year is not a crime, it’s been over twenty years move on already!

by Anonymousreply 235April 27, 2020 8:31 AM

See, what did I tell you? Lori's off to the slammer, just like Felicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 21, 2020 2:07 PM

Felicity did 10 days... Lori and Maximo will end up with home confinement due to Covid-19

by Anonymousreply 237May 21, 2020 2:23 PM

Ha! Told you they both would go to jail.

Now you need to believe me about "33" symbolism and what the Elite are planning.

by Anonymousreply 238August 22, 2020 6:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!