Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pod Save America

Am I the only one who doesn't like them? I've tried listening a couple times but they really rub me the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2021 11:03 AM

They're obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2019 9:27 PM

They are very smart and offer great takes on politics. The gay guy annoys when he behaves like the precocious kid entertaining his relatives at family dinner, which is often, but when he doesn’t he’s got some valuable insights.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2019 9:28 PM

I love them. Jon Favreau has a sexy voice and a smile that lights up any room. They gap between his front teeth adds to his charm. Jon Lovett sometimes tries a little too hard to be funny, but he nails it most of the time. He's not "straight-acting" or whatever term self-loathers prefer, and just seems so comfortable in his own skin. I live for Dan Pfeiffer's bubbling anger and incisive criticisms of everyone. And Tommy Vietor is so articulate and knowledgeable about so many things, not just foreign policy. He's also a hot piece of ass who looks 10-15 years younger than he is, which I know many DLers can relate to.

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2019 9:37 PM

I have tried over and over again but just cannot get into that podcast.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2019 9:38 PM

*the gap

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2019 9:39 PM

Tommy actually has a pretty buff body, in contradiction with his angelic, twinky face. You can see it best when he's walking about in tight T-shirts and hoodies.

Alas, he seems to be cursed with flat white guy butt.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2019 9:43 PM

I could only listen to them when it’s high tide for Dems, so right around the 2018 mid-term. I like how they process the Dems paneer moves. When the chips are down it gets hold Bering their anger at Trump/Reps latest crime.

Since the Mueller report-on-the-report I’ve experience my limit and stopped following political news. Feel a lot better as a more ignorant citizen. I know who I’m voting for, a Dem, so I don’t need the increase in my blood pressure.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2019 9:43 PM

I am so sorry. I typing on the train home and my comments were a jumbled mess.

*i like how they process the Dems’ power moves

*When the chips are down it gets old hearing their anger/frustration....

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2019 9:46 PM

Too far left.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2019 12:43 AM

Gay dude is very sharp politically but can’t stand it when he’s on. He tries too hard to be funny like some annoying drag queen in a bar that requires the spotlight at all times and it’s wearing. He always has to inject some bitchy comment.

He used to repeat everything Jon said during ads like some child trying to piss off their sibling and it was so fucking annoying. A lot of people complained on social media because it just made the ads even more tedious. After that he stopped and instead started making inane comments about the commercial/product like a child looking for negative attention. This just made ads even longer.

I deleted the podcast.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2019 1:05 AM

Aw, I adore how Lovett often comes off like he's seeking approval from the handsome straight guys he works with (his own words) and mugging for attention from the audience. I find it endearing and, honestly, relatable. And I bet there are a lot of other gay men who feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2019 2:35 AM

I like it and look forward to listening to them. It's a relief to hear their take on our insane politics. The other one I do is Mueller She Wrote which gives a really dense recap of what happened every week including a lot of news I hadn't heard.

One thing I appreciate about both is that no one speaks with vocal fry. I understand everyone can't have trained voices these days but upspeak and vocal fry are annoying when discussing serious subjects.

Listened to two minutes of Chapo Trap House and turned it off. Too much bro.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2019 2:50 AM

Favreau has BDF.

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2019 3:03 AM

They have great insights and analysis, they’re smart as hell, they’re great on a podcast, and utterly unwatchable on tv. They have ZERO charisma and are so odd looking it’s actually distracting.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2019 3:43 AM

can't stand them

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2019 6:07 AM

I listen to them on and off. It depends on the subject if I listen or not.

Pfeiffer's nasally voice drives me crazy. Can't he blow his nose, FFS?

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2019 7:01 AM

Dan P has kind of a hot nerd thing going on...kinda sexy. I bet he’s good in bed.

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2019 1:44 PM

Adding to my previous post, they could benefit with on-camera training. They talk too fast, they don’t know how to work with an audience, their voices aren’t trained etc. Just fix up some of that they’d be fine.

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2019 2:03 PM

I wanted to like them but too Bro-ey for me.

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2019 3:16 PM

Their live podcasts seem more about the personal adulation. It’s usually a big political circle jerk for hipsters.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2019 12:54 AM

Jon Favreau's brother Andy is frequently nude (in whole or in part) in his acting roles. I'm hoping he'll do a frontal scene soon so I have a better idea of how Little Jon looks. He's already done an ass to mouth scene as a gay character so I'm optimistic. I picture average girth, long, with a loose and droopy foreskin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2019 1:20 AM

They really seem to hate on moderate dems which is funny considering who they worked for.

What were Lovett's qualifications to work in the White House? I thought he was a stand up comedian.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2019 3:44 PM

R22, Lovett was one of Hillary's speechwriters. When Obama took office he applied for a speechwriting job in the White House. Jon Favreau, Obama's Director of Speechwriting at the time, interviewed Lovett and hired him for his team because he thought he was funny.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2019 8:54 PM

[quote]They really seem to hate on moderate dems which is funny considering who they worked for.

Meanwhile, Chapo rags on them for being too centrist and neoliberal.

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2019 9:02 PM

I like their analysis, can't stand their douche bro personalities.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2019 9:28 PM

They are so adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2019 12:00 AM

The gay one is annoying Typical queen that needs constant attention. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2019 8:51 AM

^ Well he's flanked by two hot straight guys who don't mind giving it to him. More power to him, I say.

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2019 9:10 AM

I still find it hard to believe Favreau is straight

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2019 12:40 PM

Favs has probably experimented. He's hot, gay-acting and went to a Catholic school. I doubt he was short of offers.

by Anonymousreply 30April 21, 2019 11:10 PM

Today's live stream is filled with Trump trolls slinging homophobia. Methinks they're scared of something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2019 9:43 PM

I could listen to them talk about politics, culture and media all day. And they're all quite fuckable. That's not a combination I encounter very often.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2019 3:15 AM

I would love to find Dan P In a steam room and take care of his sexual needs. He’s so hot!

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2019 6:36 AM

Lovett used to work under Favreau in the White House. You can tell that Favs is still the leader there as he guides every podcast. When Lovett or Leave It first started he would read all the ads for Lovett, which I found very cute.

by Anonymousreply 34April 27, 2019 3:40 AM

Isn’t Lovett Ronan Farrow’s boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 35April 27, 2019 3:51 AM

They’re good when they can connect to what it’s like to be in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 36April 27, 2019 3:52 AM

Vietor is the smartest. Far and away, he doesn't just talk about politics but gives firm insights on foreign relations.

He's also the best looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 27, 2019 3:57 AM

With a title like that, how could it be anything but annoying?

by Anonymousreply 38April 27, 2019 4:01 AM

Favreau is probably straight. I think he's "drunkenly" experimented with guys. He's surely had offers and I doubt he turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 39April 27, 2019 4:04 AM

I think Lovett is the smartest but Tommy knows the most stuff, if that makes sense.

They're all extremely bright, of course, though a tad limited by their middle class white male backgrounds.

As for best looking, I agree with you on Tommy. Although he may be too boyish for some.

by Anonymousreply 40April 27, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote]Isn’t Lovett Ronan Farrow’s boyfriend?

Indeed. I like when Ronan comes up on PSA. In their interview with Chelsea Handler the other day she asked Lovett if he was as attracted to Robert Mueller as she is. Before he could answer, Tommy interjected that Lovett's type is "more along the lines of...waifish award-winners."

by Anonymousreply 41April 27, 2019 4:59 AM

Farrow and Lovett seem more like exclusive power bottoms. More bff material than a couple. Maybe they have a big toy box?

by Anonymousreply 42April 27, 2019 8:38 AM

[quote]Vietor is the smartest....He's also the best looking.

The muscly blond twunk is beautiful, but sometimes I think Favreau has more interesting features. Maybe I'm biased because he slightly resembles the first guy I fell for.

No shade but he might look hotter when he's not smiling (not the teeth, just how his smile distorts his face).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 27, 2019 10:57 PM

Tommy is cut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 28, 2019 1:36 AM

Yum, cut Massachusetts WASP cock.

Reminds me of college.

by Anonymousreply 45April 28, 2019 2:12 AM

Tommy looking thicc.

He tweeted that this was an unflattering angle, but I feel like I'm seeing a whole different side of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 29, 2019 4:18 AM

TVietor08 Tanya is this Komprobutt? My ass is NOT that big. #fakenews

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 29, 2019 4:31 AM

Meh. That camera must be adding fifty pounds because he has white guy pancake butt.

by Anonymousreply 48April 29, 2019 4:36 AM

I wish they would start criticizing candidates. The field is getting too big.

by Anonymousreply 49May 10, 2019 6:42 PM

They do offer criticisms from time to time. Especially Favs, who routinely expresses annoyance with candidates who support keeping the filibuster and yet don't offer an alternate plan for passing their agendas. He's also, by far, the most pro-impeachment of the PSA hosts, so he'll ding candidates for trying to have it both ways on that.

I think it was Tommy who was pretty harsh on Beto's campaign recently, though all of them sort of agreed that he's lost some momentum.

They also try to be fairly balanced when it comes to Biden, which I appreciate is challenging for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2019 12:12 AM

I listen to the podcast regularly and enjoy it but...

Jon Lovett is fugly. How the hell he get a hottie like Ronan Farrow?

by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2019 12:20 AM

Pod Save America is gross. Listen to Red Scare, their latest ep on the Met Gala is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2019 12:20 AM

Enjoy it alot.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2019 1:40 AM

Lovett isn't that bad looking, but he struggles with his weight. I can see how his intelligence and sense of humour would compensate for whatever he's lacking superficially. He's also unfortunate in the sense that he's always seen between two tall, hotter guys, which makes him look plainer in comparison.

As for Ronan, I'm not even sure if he's the more attractive of the two these days. He was looking downright bizarre at the Detective Pikachu premiere.

by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2019 2:00 AM

R43 I still think Tommy is the best looking but... damn that is a great picture of Favreau. He is hot as hell also.

And yes, Lovett is actually the most enjoyable to listen to. Combination of book smarts and dry wit. He is the one I would most want to spend a day with.

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2019 2:12 AM

I've seen Jon Favreau in WeHo. Last time he was getting his silver Audi washed at that carwash at Santa Monica and Palm.

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2019 2:46 AM

Listen to Chapo Trap House. They're the self-proclaimed "Dirtbag Left."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2019 2:50 AM

Part of what makes Jon so attractive is that he is well aware of how good looking he is. And he seems to enjoy the attention, from any source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2019 3:35 AM

Jon is very attractive. I think I would end up shaking the shit out of Lovett if I had to spend any amount of time with him. I really don't understand the praise PSA gets. It's repetitive, the guys are douchebags, and other podcasts so it better. I do like Pod Save The World though

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2019 7:22 AM

I don't get why they're douchebags, though. I know they're bros, but they're passionate about social justice, equality, diversity and the like. And they don't seem in love with themselves at all, which is the douchebag sine qua non to me. Ironically Lovett is the most self-involved of the four, though I think part of that is overcompensation for the chip on his shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2019 7:34 AM

One…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2019 9:25 AM

Two…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2019 9:26 AM

They’re definitely centrist. The news moves so fast I often don’t bother listening to them, sometimes I do on the weekend. I wish they’d hurry up and save America already.

by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2019 9:36 AM

[quote]Part of what makes Jon so attractive is that he is well aware of how good looking he is.

Yes, he admires himself on the streams sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2019 9:47 AM

Meh, R61/R62. So someone on the internet thinks they failed that person's purity test and wants to lay low the tall poppies. I'm still not seeing what makes them "douchebags" as distinct from "not as left as a small fraction of the ideological spectrum."

by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2019 9:52 AM

Thanks for the gif r64.

Timmy on the other hand, doesn't even realize how good looking he is. He probably looked more dorky than anything when he was younger and just grew into his features well over time. Also he's got a nice tight little body

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2019 10:00 AM

They're definitely centrist. The problem is that so many right-wing people define themselves as leftist (like the Chapo morons), and so many DSA types (like the people who listen to the Chapo morons) have been indoctrinated with the idea that a liberal is really a centrist, and a centrist is a fascist lover. (See linked strip.)

A lot of work has gone into changing the definitions of what liberal, centrist and right-wing means, and as such, we now have an entire society who think PSA are liberal and Chapo are leftist. They're not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2019 10:12 AM

I think you're right on every count, R66!

1. Tommy has openly discussed on the Pod his struggles with strong feelings of self-loathing.

2. He was a chubby kid with weird teeth. Tommy posted one of his yearbook photos on Twitter and he definitely had to grow into his looks.

3. His body is delicious. By far the best of the four of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2019 10:17 AM

R65 writes,

[Quote]Meh, [R61]/[R62]. So someone on the internet thinks they failed that person's purity test and wants to lay low the tall poppies.

[Italic]Pod Saves America[/Italic] are corporate Democrats. They are not progressives.

[Quote]I'm still not seeing what makes them "douchebags" as distinct from "not as left as a small fraction of the ideological spectrum."

You are not a progressive—a real progressive—so it is not surprising you don’t “see”….

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2019 10:17 AM

[quote]They're definitely centrist. The problem is that so many right-wing people define themselves as leftist (like the Chapo morons), and so many DSA types (like the people who listen to the Chapo morons) have been indoctrinated with the idea that a liberal is really a centrist, and a centrist is a fascist lover. A lot of work has gone into changing the definitions of what liberal, centrist and right-wing means, and as such, we now have an entire society who think PSA are liberal and Chapo are leftist. They're not.

Who or what are "the Chapo morons"?

DSA = Dong Sucker and Appreciator?

PSA = Penis Sucker and Appreciator?

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2019 10:20 AM

R67 and r69 sorry. You don't get to unilaterally define what liberal is. If someone supports widening the social saftey net, encourages diversity and tolerance, supports rights for marginalized groups, increasing access to healthcare, and supporting a woman's right to choose, they are liberal. Even if they don't have YOUR exact set of opinions. You need to get over yourself and understand some people are liberal just disagree with you on some things. There used to be nothing wrong with that, i have no idea how we have reached this place.

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2019 10:23 AM

They're against deporting "undocumented immigrants." That's pretty left. They're also big fans of BLM. An entire podcast of theirs is all about BLM basically. Pod Save the People.

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2019 6:27 PM

To add to R72, their most frequent guest (aside from other Crooked Media hosts) is Ady Barkan, a passionate Medicare for all activist. And I think the senator they've had on the Pod the most is Elizabeth Warren, whom they clearly adore.

At the end of the day they are former Obama campaign and administration officials who came of age within the institutional Democratic Party of the mid-late 2000s. So in some ways they reflect Obamaism's cautious, considerate approach to politics. They've definitely moved left in the Trump era, though. My crush Favs is the best example of that. He's the most vocal about impeaching Trump, abolishing the filibuster, criticizing Democrats who take corporate money, implementing Medicare for all (not just a public option, but automatic enrollment), and primarying moderate and conservative Democratic incumbents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 12, 2019 12:49 AM

I want to spread Favs's gangly legs and eat out his musky straight hole while he recites from memory the best hope and change lines he penned for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 74May 12, 2019 1:07 AM

I love the Tommy John ads on Crooked Media for being frequently homoerotic.

There's one on Lovett or Leave It where Favs comments that there's "a lot of butt stuff" on that day's ad readings. Lovett then tries to get Favs to "high five me on butt stuff," to which the latter just girlishly giggles until the end of the copy.

by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2019 11:12 PM

Millennial twats.

by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2019 11:16 PM

I've been where Jon is, it's not fun.

I don't consider myself ugly, but my best friend of more than 10 years is one of the hottest people I've ever met. He was openly called the hottest gay guy at our college. I love him to death but it's very tough going out to clubs with him and watching everyone hit on him while at most 1 person will be interested in me.

by Anonymousreply 77May 15, 2019 11:19 PM

Never got into Pod Save America, which is a bit too much like listening to a highly produced radio show for my taste.

Give me some rough edges. I prefer the sensible, rock solid, Preet Bharara's podcast. Plus the unvarnished truth and raw emotion of Sarah Kendzior, however you may not sleep well after the latter.

by Anonymousreply 78May 15, 2019 11:38 PM

Jon Favreau was looking as effeminate as ever on their Colbert appearance a few days ago. I told my housemate that only one of them was gay and he said "the dude on the right, yeah?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2019 9:49 AM

Oh, r79, is he not the gay one?

by Anonymousreply 80May 22, 2019 2:04 PM

Nope, R80. Lovett (in the middle) is gay. Favreau is straight and married, but clearly not captive to restrictive notions of masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2019 3:47 AM

Favreau is what they used to call metro. He's very well groomed as well

by Anonymousreply 82May 24, 2019 10:09 PM

In one of those Tommy John ads Favreau calls Lovett's underwear an "impenetrable fortress." Lovett responds with a doubtful sigh and asks Favs to tell the listeners how many times he's "tried to penetrate my fortress." Meanwhile Tommy sounds like he's choking on his drink.

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2019 1:26 AM

Tommy was looking great in that incredibly tight T-shirt on today's stream. Such a hot piece of ass. You can see why Lovett has a thing for him.

by Anonymousreply 84May 28, 2019 11:33 PM

They act way too bro-ey not for me. I tried but couldn't stomach their smugness. I'd rather listen to Preet.

by Anonymousreply 85May 28, 2019 11:40 PM

Thanks for tip r84. Tommy was indeeed looking good today. He should only be allowed to wear shirts that tight.

You really think Lovett has a thing for him?

by Anonymousreply 86May 28, 2019 11:54 PM

Too far left? They're Obama centrists for fuck's sake.

And by the time we got to "Obama Centrism" the Democratic Party had moved so far to the right that it looked like the Republican Party of the 70's.

Real far left liberals don't even bother to vote and haven't for years.

by Anonymousreply 87May 29, 2019 12:18 AM

Some may have voted in 2018, r87

by Anonymousreply 88May 29, 2019 12:52 AM

90% of Bernie voters voted for Hillary. R87 is just extremely far left, which is fine. But when your views are well out of the mainstream, its only natural that you won't have much representation. That;s literally how democracy works

by Anonymousreply 89May 29, 2019 12:54 AM

[quote]You really think Lovett has a thing for him?

Well, Lovett jokes about it a lot, R86. And I tend to think that behind every joke there's at least a grain of truth.

In one of the earliest PSA episodes he says he began wearing Tommy John underwear because he "saw our names together and it gave me ideas."

He says in one episode of Lovett or Leave It that Tommy has amazing arms, then says he's aware that when Tommy hears that he'll be uncomfortable.

On one of the episodes of PSA when John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are guests, Lovett tells them that his greatest wish is for Tommy to look into his eyes the same way the two of them look at each other.

On another episode of LOLI he says "I'll never get what I want from the two of them" of Favreau and Vietor, then admits to it being an innuendo.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

by Anonymousreply 90May 29, 2019 2:13 AM

Well Lovett has good taste. You have to give him that

by Anonymousreply 91May 29, 2019 2:28 AM

No doubt about it, R91. He's surrounded himself with beautiful men (Favs, Tommy, Ronan).

by Anonymousreply 92May 29, 2019 3:25 AM

Lovett also does that "Dear Diary" bit with Tommy where he joked that he has an unrequited love for him.

My favourite one was an ad reading that begins with Lovett launching into the razor ad company's history. Tommy says "tell me a story, daddy" (oblivious to the gay subtext I presume, as he also didn't know what pegging is). Lovett paused for a beat, then said "Dear Diary...."

by Anonymousreply 93May 30, 2019 12:33 PM

*jokes/pauses/says

Forgive me, it's late and my browser is autocorrecting.

by Anonymousreply 94May 30, 2019 12:36 PM

Both Tommy and Lovett came across as more relaxed when they appeared on the KeepIt podcast. Lovett even said he bros it up for the two main podcasts and his voice changes as a result. And I could totally hear the difference - his voice on KeepIt was gayer and sexier (to me), while his bro spiel otherwise gets me more pumped for the elections.

by Anonymousreply 95May 30, 2019 12:47 PM

r61, r62, Jimmy Dore is a PIECE OF SHIT.

HATE that Russia denying, HIllary bashing, douchebag Bernie Bro!

by Anonymousreply 96May 30, 2019 12:57 PM

The overly queenie one is too distracting.

by Anonymousreply 97May 30, 2019 12:58 PM

R21 Andy Favreau is good looking in a Ryan Reynolds way.

by Anonymousreply 98May 30, 2019 1:35 PM

Tommy Vietor is a hot nerd. Kara Brown on KeepIt swoons over Vietor, calling him her favorite white dude.

by Anonymousreply 99May 30, 2019 1:36 PM

Yeah, Andy Faveau...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 30, 2019 1:38 PM

Damn!!! Those Favreaus have good genes

by Anonymousreply 101May 30, 2019 1:40 PM

R95, by the two main podcasts he meant PSA and what else? Love It or Leave It? I don't see why he would "bro it up" for his own show, which is already very gay with a gay host and usually LGBT guests. Or is there another one I'm blanking on....

And the people who think Lovett is too nelly on PSA would suffer grand mal seizures if they ever listened to LIOLI.

by Anonymousreply 102May 30, 2019 10:47 PM

Today was wild. Marianne Williamson. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 103June 1, 2019 6:34 AM

^I know, right? How does Marianne Williamson manage to make every interaction with every other human being stiff, awkward and pod-personesque (no pun intended)?

by Anonymousreply 104June 1, 2019 10:41 AM

I think it’s funny how Ronan is dating a clever funny Jew because his father is, y’know, Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 105June 1, 2019 11:00 AM

LA Mag ran an article celebrating "LGBTQ icons" and included Lovett and Ronan as a single entry, labeling them "the ultimate media power couple after Joe and Mika." Lovett retweeted it.

Knowing DL's opinion of the latter pair, I had to laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2019 2:08 AM

Icons is such a funny word r106. The hell is an Icon on that entire list? Maybe RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2019 2:13 AM

So Ronan is in LA now?

by Anonymousreply 108June 7, 2019 12:06 AM

He's very much not, now that you mention it, R108. Lovett periodically complains about the struggles of a long-distance relationship.

I haven't listened to today's pod yet. Hopefully the Tommy John ad reading is homoerotic.

by Anonymousreply 109June 7, 2019 8:29 AM

Tommy couldn't handle Andrew Yang today. He was seething. I guess Yang isn't the type of SJW Dem he and the other white boys at Crooked Media want.

by Anonymousreply 110June 14, 2019 8:22 AM

Did Tommy not approve of his pro-uncut stance, R110?

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2019 8:52 AM

Tommy was super pissy. "Like why are you taking to Joe Rogan?!"🍼👶

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2019 8:55 AM

Tommy's a queen.

by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2019 8:29 PM

Yang is a darling of the alt right. And he opens courts them. This is not just my opinion. The alt right claims him as one of their own. They adore him on 4chan. Thats where I first heard about him, months before I saw him mentioned elsewhere.

That is why many democrats refuse to fuck with him, even though he's running as a democrat

by Anonymousreply 114June 14, 2019 10:28 PM

R113, my favourite queen Tommy moment was when he recited the entire chorus of Mariah Carey's honey to Jon Lovett and the latter told him to stop making disgusting innuendos. Then Tommy indignantly said "don't you dare call Mariah disgusting!"

by Anonymousreply 115June 15, 2019 3:45 AM

*"Honey" obviously.

by Anonymousreply 116June 15, 2019 3:46 AM

The things I would do to Tommy if I had him for an hour...

by Anonymousreply 117June 15, 2019 11:33 AM

I'm guessing he'd be an anal virgin no longer, R117?

by Anonymousreply 118June 15, 2019 1:17 PM

Where in WeHo are their offices?

by Anonymousreply 119June 16, 2019 5:04 AM

Maybe the WeHo gay who saw Jon Favs at the car wash knows.

by Anonymousreply 120June 16, 2019 1:13 PM

R96 writes,

[Quote][R61], [R62], Jimmy Dore is a PIECE OF SHIT. | HATE that Russia denying, HIllary bashing, douchebag Bernie Bro!

I don’t mind that gaslighters like you don’t like Jimmy Dore. The 2016 Democratic presidential primaries were rigged for your garbage candidate, Hillary Clinton. Your psychotic devotion to her—along with your nonsensical “Bernie Bro” and Russiagate propaganda—is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 121June 21, 2019 6:52 PM

Both r96 and r121 are writing from 2016.

by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2019 6:54 PM

I don't get their hard-ons for impeachment. It's pointless and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 123July 16, 2019 2:55 AM

I loved them for about 6 months. Then the broeyness just wore me out. I also would rather listen to Preet Bahrara or even Chris Hayes podcast, Why is This Happening, although a little bit of Chris tends to go a long way. But sometimes Chris has great guests. Trumpcast can be good too. At least Virginia H. doesn't have vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 124July 16, 2019 4:43 AM

Favs totally queened out on yesterday's Q&A livestream when Lovett interrupted him. 5:40-6:20 of this link.

The rolling eyes. The limp-wristed dismissive hand wave. The "Unbelievable" delivered in ireful Valleyspeak. The shortest of catty glances to drive the point home.

He really is the gayest straight man to ever live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 26, 2019 2:18 AM

Hahahah, meow!

by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2019 2:29 AM

Tommy shirtless on vacation with Jon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 1, 2019 1:47 PM

r61, r62, Jimmy FUCKIN' Dore? That asswipe who told people in 2016 to vote for DONALD TRUMP instead of HIllary Clinton when his beloved Bernie didn't get the nomination??? THAT Jimmy Dore?!?

Fuck Jimmy Dore and that Jill Stein WHORE he rode in on.

by Anonymousreply 128September 1, 2019 2:33 PM

Tommy is beautiful

by Anonymousreply 129September 2, 2019 8:10 PM

Sick of them.

by Anonymousreply 130September 3, 2019 1:30 AM

Looks like Tommy failed at his New Year's resolution to go to the gym less.

by Anonymousreply 131September 3, 2019 12:22 PM

More Tommy shirtless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 11, 2019 11:50 PM

On Crooked's liveblog last night, Tommy noted that David Muir constantly posts thirst traps on Instagram. I wonder if he's a contributor to the David Muir threads here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 133September 14, 2019 12:02 AM

I'm in love with Tommy. Jesus F C what a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 134September 14, 2019 10:20 PM

I agree. Tommy is a catch. Brains and looks. And just a good guy

by Anonymousreply 135September 14, 2019 10:53 PM

Cringe-inducing voices.

by Anonymousreply 136September 14, 2019 10:54 PM

They're partnering with Stacey Abrams to raise money for voting rights around the country. If you can, you should consider donating.

I think of the four of them I'd most want to have a long conversation with Lovett. He has similar interests to me and is the funniest. I also like talking to other gay people; I'm surrounded by straights often enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 18, 2019 1:06 PM

Lovett is fun and funny, though I'd never take him for someone who's into open relationships. People can surprise you that way, I guess.

I'd love to gorge on pizza on the couch next to him, with Pundit in my lap. 😍

by Anonymousreply 138September 18, 2019 1:55 PM

Lovett is who I'd most like to spend time with. He seems like a lot of fun. But most of the guys I'm attracted to are very "nerdy" like myself. So Tommy is the only one of the four I'd want to date.

by Anonymousreply 139September 18, 2019 2:03 PM

R138, I don’t know that he’s necessarily “into” open relationships himself, but more likely just accepts it.

by Anonymousreply 140September 20, 2019 6:25 PM

Favs is working himself into a tizzy over impeachment today. I hope there's a fainting couch in his vicinity.

(Obviously, I agree with everything he's tweeting.)

by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2019 4:41 AM

Lovett is so annoying I had to delete his podcast; Tommy is much funnier. Favreau is the most suited to podcasting and has the best insights. Overall, though, it's getting tiresome--how much longer can they dine out on their White House job experience? And I can't stand all the election talk--it's just infotainment.

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2019 5:15 AM

Many people have "dined out" on far less than that for their entire lives, R142. See, for instance, every member of the Trump family.

They're successful in their own right by this point, anyway. People who listen to them and young people (high overlap) know them as the Crooked/PSA guys, not as guys who worked in the Obama administration seven years ago.

Talk about the election is infotainment? And you write this a week after they announce a $1 million partnership with Stacey Abrams's voting rights foundation? Now I know you're trolling.

by Anonymousreply 143September 22, 2019 9:03 AM

R143, people with differing views aren't necessarily trollng.

They constantly bring in their WH experience, but it's longer and longer ago; they're becoming the pundits they love to hate, just in a different medium.

The nearly non-stop election cycle and over the top fundraising is ridiculous. Where I live, posters go up 6 weeks before the election and any campaigning is financed without soliciting donations from the public. I realize it's different in the US--just one more reason I'm glad I left.

by Anonymousreply 144September 22, 2019 2:48 PM

So is Fav for or against impeachment?

by Anonymousreply 145September 22, 2019 11:07 PM

Fav is extremely pro impeachment and has been bashing Dem house leadership for the past few days for not starting it

by Anonymousreply 146September 23, 2019 12:18 AM

I can't wait for Monday's pod. Favs is going to throw a bitchfit over Pelosi and the rest of the feckless House leadership and I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 147September 23, 2019 8:06 AM

Not in this video but it's from the same episode that aired this week - Lovett's joke about opening your relationship and how one partner is more prepared to open it than the other seemed... well, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than just a joke.

Fab pants. Oh, and check out 7:00. 👀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 29, 2019 1:44 AM

I get annoyed that every other word is the f word, but they make some good points.

by Anonymousreply 149September 29, 2019 1:57 AM

I don't think they swear that often at all. In fact, I'm pretty surprised when they do as it makes it pretty effective in the moment.

by Anonymousreply 150September 29, 2019 2:11 AM

I want Lovett's pants at R148 but I don't think I can pull them off

by Anonymousreply 151September 29, 2019 2:16 AM

So they hit their goal of getting $1 million for Abrams' initiative in what, two weeks, and this is her response? I love her but come on, there's no way this tweet couldn't have been framed better.

[quote]A million thanks to @crookedmedia, @jonlovett, @TVietor08, @jonfavs, @danpfeiffer & the 31k+ who’ve powered our #FairFight2020 efforts thru VSA. I am def. NOT disappointed - very grateful for the tremendous support. We’ve got more to do, but thanks, y’all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 1, 2019 12:00 PM

r151 Someone wrote a whole Medium post on those pants, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 4, 2019 11:00 AM

In one of the ads on this week's Lovett or Leave It, Tommy talks about exercising his glutes.

by Anonymousreply 154October 5, 2019 9:50 PM

Rachel Maddow is on tomorrow's pod!

by Anonymousreply 155October 10, 2019 3:30 AM

Jon & Jon raved about The Politician in yesterday's Q&A and honestly? I'm disappointed in both of them.

r155 Damn, really? Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 156October 10, 2019 3:39 AM

R154 Tommy knows what he's doing

by Anonymousreply 157October 10, 2019 5:08 PM

Maddow epi is out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 10, 2019 5:54 PM

Maddow was excellent in this format/environment. Which makes sense, given her pedigree.

by Anonymousreply 159October 11, 2019 12:41 AM

On today's pod, Lovett interviews Ronan about his new book. At one point, Lovett says "I can't take it anymore!" Ronan replies, "he can take it and he loves it!"

by Anonymousreply 160October 15, 2019 4:58 AM

I'm not into podcasts but I heard one episode from a left-wing podcast called Citation Needed, and I loved it. It was about Nate Silver:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 15, 2019 5:22 AM

Has anyone else noticed how Tommy's been using the gay lexicon more frequently over the last couple months? Albeit often clumsily.

by Anonymousreply 162October 16, 2019 3:15 AM

Not that shocking. My straight friends tend to talk like me if we hang out a lot over a short period of time.

One guy started saying "slay" after a backpacking trip we did this summer lol.

Tommy also has a not insignificant gay fanbase to cultivate

by Anonymousreply 163October 16, 2019 3:30 PM

Chris Hayes is a guest co-host on today's pod. Love him!

by Anonymousreply 164October 21, 2019 10:27 PM

Far left propaganda with PC tryhards

by Anonymousreply 165October 22, 2019 3:29 AM

Tommy and Ben did Pod Save the World from J Street this week. I appreciate that they uploaded the videos of their candidate interviews because Tommy wore the tightest suit possible and his ass looks luscious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 31, 2019 11:27 PM

Do people really find Tommy attractive? To each their own I guess.

Now Jon F......he's much better looking IMO.

by Anonymousreply 167October 31, 2019 11:57 PM

R167=Favs, from his hotel room in Milwaukee.

by Anonymousreply 168November 1, 2019 12:18 AM

Tommy has a tight body. And he's adorkable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 1, 2019 11:56 AM

Tommy does have a nice body, but he has a face made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 170November 1, 2019 12:26 PM

The first five minutes is all ads and bullshit. I love skipping it. The ads are tiresome AF. So are the "here are the hosts of a new show from us, here to talk about their new show" segments. Just garbage.

Overall, it's kind of a comfort blanket for me, but I tune out when they talk about the progressive race and immigration stuff. It pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 171November 1, 2019 2:13 PM

I always fall for the dorky type so take this with a grain of salt but I find Tommy handsome.

I agree Favs has a more traditionally handsome face.

by Anonymousreply 172November 1, 2019 2:44 PM

Tommy's face is perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 173November 2, 2019 2:57 AM

Jon’s face is feline.

by Anonymousreply 174November 2, 2019 2:58 AM

"Bon jur"??

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 175November 2, 2019 6:43 AM

Lovett and Ronan had an adorable conversation with each other on this past weekend's Lovett or Leave It. Saccharine, even.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 4, 2019 11:07 AM

On today's pod, Tommy claimed that he didn't know there is a gay accent.

by Anonymousreply 177November 5, 2019 12:12 AM

Mayor Pete is shooting Lovett or Leave It on Friday, evening after the debate. Last episode of the year.

by Anonymousreply 178December 17, 2019 2:04 PM

They're dummies who are pushing the party in the wrong direction.

by Anonymousreply 179December 17, 2019 2:08 PM

How can Farrow marry someone so insufferable? What does Jon know that Ronan doesn't want the world to find out in a tell-all...?

by Anonymousreply 180December 17, 2019 2:14 PM

Yeah, I stopped listening to them because they're pretty much just Warren stans, though Jon seems like the most moderating influence. Lovett or Leave It is still good. Latest episode, which was the year and decade in retrospect, made me howl with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 181December 17, 2019 2:15 PM

Does that mean Ronan is a champagne socialist, too? I thought he was an independent. I can't see how you can marry someone with vastly different political views.

by Anonymousreply 182December 17, 2019 2:24 PM

Ronan doesn't vote because he's a Serious Journalist (tm). It's safe to say he isn't a right-winger, though. Beyond that, who could say.

by Anonymousreply 183December 17, 2019 2:29 PM

Tommy trolls Congressnazi Steve King

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 17, 2019 2:41 PM

On the PSA live group thread, Tommy just referenced the Jason Derulo VPL pic. Girl seemed thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 185December 20, 2019 1:26 AM

Tommy has always enjoyed playing to his gay fanbase. More than Jon does, which is odd because Jon generally seems more vain

by Anonymousreply 186December 21, 2019 3:51 PM

I have listened to the podcast some, but had no idea what these guys looked like. I always pictured them as a pair of fatties.

But I listen more to The Weeds. No idea what they look like.

by Anonymousreply 187December 21, 2019 5:47 PM

Lovett needs to stop eating all that trash food because it's affecting his skin. Or maybe that's acne, I don't know. "It's not looking great, Jon."

And this isn't the full interview, by the way. You have to listen to the podcast to catch the full thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 22, 2019 4:32 PM

God, Lovett looks garbage in that video. You're getting MARRIED soon, stupid! Have some respect for your groom and your once-in-a-lifetime wedding photos! It shows just how much he respects other people in his life.

by Anonymousreply 189December 22, 2019 5:41 PM

r189 I was trying to be more gracious about it but... yeah. His hair needs hella work as well. 😐

Or maybe it's just the shit lighting that brought out the worst in his face.

by Anonymousreply 190December 22, 2019 5:44 PM

R190 personally, it's impossible to be a gracious about someone who tries so hard to look so terrible, because no one can look that bad without sustained effort over a long period of time. His disdain for others is on full display, and it isn't pretty. I feel sorry for Farrow, because it's obvious that Jon doesn't really love him. Lighting only shows what's already there

by Anonymousreply 191December 22, 2019 5:57 PM

He's always so vocal and proud about constantly gorging on that McDonald's and Burger King crap. I thought that was a poor people thing?

He's just a glutton, I think. I wonder if he's an insatiable pig in the bed as well.

by Anonymousreply 192December 22, 2019 6:09 PM

Yes R192 I'm sure he's an insatiable pig in bed. He probably leaves rock hard apple pie crusts and moldy cheeseburgers in bed for the maid to find after he falls asleep eating junk a la Britney Spears

by Anonymousreply 193December 22, 2019 6:18 PM

R192 and R193, what in the actual fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 194December 26, 2019 1:25 PM

r194 Calm down, Jon. It's not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 195December 26, 2019 1:37 PM

R194 don't pay attention to them. They're either right wing trolls trying to make it seem like gays hate Jon or they are just two very sad, pathetic old queens who are almost certainly more overweight than Jon is

by Anonymousreply 196December 26, 2019 4:01 PM

r196 = Ronan

by Anonymousreply 197December 26, 2019 4:46 PM

R194 I'm sorry Jon, truly I am, but it must be said. You need to stop surrounding yourself with yes men so that you can hear stuff that you might not want to hear but need to. How you look is a reflection of how you feel about yourself and other people, and your appearance is telling the world that you have contempt for yourself and others. Please start taking care of yourself for the sake of your future husband! And I say that with all the love in the world, truly I do.

by Anonymousreply 198December 26, 2019 7:04 PM

DL doesn't like fat people and/or slobs; get the fuck over it. If you're triggered by that, you should see the Project Runway thread where's there's casual misogyny and anti-Asian racism in every other post. Wondering why Jon doesn't stop eating garbage junk food because it makes his skin look shit is basically sweet talk by DL standards.

by Anonymousreply 199December 26, 2019 7:11 PM

“DLers are awful; don’t ever question it!” Not “triggered,” thanks—it’s just bizarre, and obvious trolling, when a couple of posters go off on a vicious tangent like that.

by Anonymousreply 200December 27, 2019 3:39 AM

Mmm. Favs is becoming a lean runner daddy in the mould of Beto and I'm here for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 19, 2020 7:43 PM

Is anyone listening to The Wilderness Season 2? I love hearing Favs's mellifluous voice for the entirety of the podcast.

by Anonymousreply 202January 26, 2020 8:45 PM

R202 No I assumed it wouldn't really work after Dems took back the house but I'll give it a try if you recommend it.

I listen to the Iowa series for the same reason you like the Wilderness. It's just Tommy that does it for me instead of Jon.

by Anonymousreply 203January 26, 2020 8:49 PM

Oh yeah, Tommy's Iowa episodes are great. You can tell how much of an Iowa caucuses fanboy he is when you listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 204January 26, 2020 8:51 PM

Jon F. has some kind of facial tic that causes him to wink his left eye involuntarily. I never noticed it until this video. I find it endearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 29, 2020 9:27 PM

They're all pretty obnoxious, like OP and R1 said.

by Anonymousreply 206January 29, 2020 9:30 PM

I love watching Tommy's arms in this latest episode of the podcast. Mesmerizing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207February 3, 2020 8:23 PM

Are they doing a live show for tonight?

by Anonymousreply 208February 3, 2020 8:46 PM

No, they're recording a pod Tuesday morning after we presumably know the results of the caucus.

by Anonymousreply 209February 3, 2020 9:41 PM

Haha, Tommy retweeted a Grindr reference at midnight Iowa time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 4, 2020 8:38 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 211March 16, 2021 10:44 PM

I like this podcast. I no longer bother with Lovet or Leave It.

by Anonymousreply 212March 16, 2021 10:57 PM

I could never understand how all of them could clutch their pearls week after week during the Trump era. I thought high level DC types were supposed to be cold blooded and jaded. But every little thing Trump did flummoxed these guys. While listening I sometimes wonder if they suffered from selective amnesia about dealing with Republicans during Obama's term. It was just so darn exhausting to listen to their podcast.

They also offered so little insight into DC. I get it, 3 out of 4 of them were locked in a WH basement to type out one speech after another. But it just didn't feel like they got involved or knew were the skeletons are buried.

Around 2018 I switch to 538. After the terrible polling in 2020, I've tuned them out at as well. Wasn't their fault since they take an aggregate but damn was 2020 a mess. Disney, 538's owner, fired Clare Malone who was the only one with some heart. Gaylin continually disappoints and the rest are just there, but Clare is the only one to stop acting like she is a politically neutral robot and routed their data points back to the emotional connection for listeners. Real big loss.

by Anonymousreply 213March 16, 2021 11:46 PM

Hacks

by Anonymousreply 214March 17, 2021 12:05 AM

I've been meaning to catch up with this podcast. I'm glad to hear of the good reviews. The negative ones are pretty lightweight.

I'm really very pleased with the below 40 generation. They give me hope.

by Anonymousreply 215March 17, 2021 7:30 AM

Yeah, R213, I finally stopped with 538. I just find Nate Silver so insufferably smug. Just awful. Galen is a cutie, tho.

by Anonymousreply 216March 17, 2021 10:14 PM

Jon Favreau's voice is like honey to me. I could listen to him every day--which is good, since he's the only host who's on both episodes each week.

I feel like Tommy gets gayer in his sensibilities each year. He also covers the hardest beat of the group, since he has to talk about world politics each week on his own show and also be conversant in whatever's going on in DC and around the country for PSA.

Lovett's usually the one who throws out some trenchant observation that gets me thinking about things in a new way. Also, his routine each week on his show is basically him reading off the list of the most popular threads on Datalounge.

Dan has the most experience of all of them and usually comes out with the most persuasive, fully formed interpretations and strategies. I always feel confident in his read of situations. Also, I like his sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 217June 21, 2021 10:58 AM

Lovett’s the main reason why I can’t with this show. He’s a fugly yappy harpy.

by Anonymousreply 218June 21, 2021 11:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!