Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

#EqualityAct

Today at 10AM we'll hold the first-ever hearing on the #EqualityAct, which will expand federal civil rights protections to explicitly include the LGBT community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 17, 2019 6:05 PM

Chad Griffin Verified account @ChadHGriffin

History being made today on Capitol Hill as the #EqualityAct receives its first ever hearing before the House Judiciary Committee. Thanks to Chairman @RepJerryNadler and the pro-equality members for their work to advance this crucial legislation.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2019 2:19 PM

That's nice but is pretty meaningless with a conservative Supreme Court, who is going to strike this down at the first opportunity, citing freedom of religion.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2019 2:23 PM

Good. Any pro-T legislation needs to be struck down and struck down hard and permanently.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2019 2:33 PM

This is pro-LGBTQ and all queer people should support this. Yes it is historic and progress.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2019 2:38 PM

Perhaps all queer people should support this, r4...but gays & lesbians most certainly should not.

TQs are both homophobic & misogynist. They have infiltrated Gay Rights like a Trojan Horse & are blatantly attacking us.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2019 2:41 PM

Gays are done if this passes. R5 is right.

And for insisting gays blindly support Democrats no matter what, you brought this on yourselves. And all the rest of us, too.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2019 2:59 PM

Stop calling me the Q word. I'm a gay/homosexual man. How dare you throw this stupid word out there and tell me to identify with it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2019 3:09 PM

Yeah r6

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2019 3:13 PM

R5, gays (like myself) and lesbians ARE queer. It is an umbrella term that is easier to identify us as the family we are.

Queer people (including all LGBT) will benefit from this bill. It is a massive step forward.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2019 3:14 PM

Bullshit r9

Queer is a slur.

It’s impossible to change sex.

T ideology is homophobic & misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2019 3:21 PM

Queer is not a slur. It has been reclaimed.

You can’t change biological sex, but you can change gender. Gender is a social construct. Learn the difference.

Trans people are not homophobic.

Stop trying to divide us. All queer people are on the same side. You sound like Boris from the troll farm. Dividing our community will not work. You will fail.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2019 3:24 PM

Lol r9 is obviously MTT.

As a gay man, I do not remotely relate to people who want to cut their dick off. They are not my 'family'. Grow the fuck up. Let them do whatever the fuck they want but do not try to brainwash me into believing we are relatable. They should group with straight people since that's who they're trying to become.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2019 3:25 PM

"Reclaimed" lmao. Says who? I'm so glad to see gay people coming out against this. It's so fundamentally stupid and doing us ZERO favors. Why don't we reclaim fairies, fruitcakes, faggot, etc? How utterly stupid. I never imagined 'gay' people would be the enemy but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2019 3:29 PM

Stop calling gays q***r or I will keep calling breeders breeders.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Reclaimed says The NY Times, HuffPo, Academia and all credible learned institutions. The only gay people I’ve seen complain about being called queer are on DL. Go talk to the young gay guys in HK and we are all happy to be called queer and support our queer brothers and sisters.

It’s a new world and a better one.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2019 3:35 PM

Of course gender is a social construct R11, but it's also real, just like pretty much everything else that we as humans come to know/do, we come to know/do it through social means and social norms. Gender is primarily what the world does to sexed bodies - that is the most fundamental and sociological definition of it. Some people want to simulate the gendered experience of people with bodies of the other sex, some even succeed in many ways, but pretending that sex and gender are ontologically distinct things, as opposed to just analytically distinct, is making a right mess of everything.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2019 3:53 PM

Reclaimed by Big Brother, perhaps. But not by gays & lesbians.

You have no right to name us something against our wills.

Just like men have no right to women’s spaces.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2019 3:54 PM

R16 is a stealth bigot and so is anyone who claims g*nd*r is real. And that they are selling it to kids makes it all the more disgusting, especially when they use cloying phrases like “jelly baby” to sell genital mutilation to children over their taste in clothes and toys.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2019 3:59 PM

R15 Only on DL? Remember when Huff Post changed its gay advocacy page to Queer Voices? Look up the Advocate article criticizing that change. Here's the title of the article: "The Problem With The Word Queer." Or how about James Peron's article where he disassociates himself with Huff Post over the name change. (see link)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2019 4:05 PM

R15 is disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2019 4:15 PM

"Stop calling me the Q word. I'm a gay/homosexual man. How dare you throw this stupid word out there and tell me to identify with it."

Right-wing, anti-trans people like you always go on about overly sensitive "snowflakes" which is funny because you are coming across like one. Stop pretending to be offended by a harmless word just to score points against trans people

When I started posting here in 1999 people used the term "queer" and no one claimed to be offended by it - like I said, people are just pretending to be offended by it as a way to bash trans people

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2019 4:19 PM

I'm guessing the Senatrice will vote against this. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote]Stop pretending to be offended by a harmless word

Tell that to the IT’S MA’AM hulk, r21.

If words are harmless, why is it illegal to use the “wrong pronouns” on Ts in CA & NYC?

If words are harmless, then it’s ok to use male pronouns for Bruce Jenner, right?

I know he prefers to be called Caitlyn. Just like you know that gays prefer not to be called queer. But I like to call him Bruce just like you like to call us queer.

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2019 4:26 PM

[quote]pretending to be offended by it as a way to bash trans people

Not everything is about “trans” people, sweetheart.

The world does not revolve around them.

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2019 4:27 PM

The House will likely pass this, but the Senate never will. And 45 would never sign it even if the Congress somehow enacted it.

The last time this had a prayer of passing -- ages ago -- the bill was more narrowly drawn and didn't include the expansive definition of gender that it does now. The Trans community -- a much smaller component than it now is -- was furious at HRC for trying to pass the legislation without including them. I believe it was when Joe Solomonese was the head of HRC.

It would now seem that they've reversed course because the current legislation has the potential for swallowing up protections based on sex. That has the potential for being extremely problematic. I would love to read what Title IX lawyers think of how this would affect cases.

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote]the current legislation has the potential for swallowing up protections based on sex. That has the potential for being extremely problematic.

Could you expound on this a bit more, (or give a source to read more about it), because I'm not really following what you mean here. Some examples?

by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2019 4:36 PM

You know this is going nowhere, right?

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2019 4:53 PM

I'm not the person you're replying to R26 but I think I can help. Widening the definition of man and woman and making these mean essentially anything people want it to mean can threaten sex discrimination laws because those are based on biological attributes of what it means to be male and female, and for the laws to have any meaning these two things need to be clearly defined and applicable. If a law, such as the one that the UK government looked like they were going to pass a while ago on self-ID gives a definition of gender that is so wide as to be essentially meaningless (self-ID ie. no objective definition), that is a concern.

Apparently a woman who was discriminated against over breastfeeding in Britain has already had her claim rejected on the basis that 'men can breastfeed too' (FtM)so essentially the law did not see it as discrimination against a category of people, which it clearly is. If there are laws such as Title IX in America to protect the rights of women or female people, and there is no objective definition in law on what that means, that the laws could essentially become meaningless.

There is a lot of debate and misunderstanding here in Britain over how our 2010 equality act interacts with later laws re: trans rights. It is certainly something that people in America should be worrying about, both in how the law is written, how it might be applied, and how people might interpret it in the everyday world of organizations.

by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2019 4:57 PM

I'm torn over how I feel about this. I do very much wish for employment, housing protections etc.. for the LGB but adding the clause of gender identity into the mix means I could not meaningfully support it's passing. The damage to women and the L&G by removing sex as a distinct class has the potential for untold consequences. Part of what this Act is asking for is to redefine reality in favour of unquantifiable feelings.

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2019 5:10 PM

R2 If SCOTUS were to knock down The Equality Act based on religious freedom, or free speech grounds, all discrimination law, including ones based on race and sex, would basically be voided. There would be no way to confine this to just to gay people.

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2019 5:12 PM

Just to add, there is distinction made between female-bodied people and male-bodied people and those who are undergoing 'gender-reassignment' in our 2010 Equality Act in the UK, and a caveat that allowed the exclusion of those who were not 'female' to be excluded from women-only activities where it was 'a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim'. The problem is that 1) who decides what is proportionate and justified, especially in this climate 2) it relies on organizations, and people within those organizations, knowing about the caveat and deciding to apply it - again, in this political climate? If self-ID had been made into law (which it still may be) it was the aim of some trans activists to go after this caveat anyway, not that it's really bothering anyone by existing because I doubt it's being invoked much.

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2019 5:15 PM

Exactly R29, I simply don't know how the law can define something as indefinable either, or at least no objective definition. They are not only trying to change sex categories but the very reality of legal process which has always relied on some kind of objective definition. It makes you wonder what else could come from these sorts of laws, maybe something we cannot even imagine?

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2019 5:18 PM

The Equality Act is a disaster for women and gays, but it's also a bit of a red herring.

The real action is happening on the state level, where the extremely well-funded Transgender Lobby, using gays as swords and shields, has stealthily already managed to get all sorts of laws passed that destroy women's rights, women's sports, parents' rights and will destroy gay rights if taken to court.

Oh and the Trans Lobby has destroyed the First Amendment too, at least in CA and NYC. Possible jail time in CA if some ol' biddy with dementia forgets to refer to her male nursing home roomie as "she."

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2019 5:18 PM

It horrified me that the most vulnerable women, elderly confused women with dementia in nursing homes, might be gaslighted by male 'carers' over this. How horrific.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2019 5:21 PM

The Throw Granny Under the Tranny bill in California is held up as a victory for lgbTQ rights by the two creeps behind it, Scott Wiener and Toni Atkins.

Wiener and Atkins loudly proclaim themselves THE lgbTQ lawmakers- so when the backlash comes, and everyone hates the gays again, you know who to blame.

Not only does the Throw Granny bill open up women's nursing home rooms, bathrooms, etc., to men, it also opens up rooms, bathrooms, etc., in longterm disability facilities. Like the one in Arizona in which a patient in a semi-coma was raped and impregnated.

According to an advocacy group for the disabled, Disabled Justice. org, 83% of women in longterm disability facilities will be sexually assaulted, most by other patients.

So, THANKS lgbTQ lawmakers, Scott Wiener and Toni Atkins, thanks for making the lives of the truly unfortunate just that much better, and thanks for blaming gays for it.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2019 5:29 PM

Love the hysteria of geriatric old men self-identifying as trans to get at comatose geriatric women. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2019 5:32 PM

Their fucking creeps and weirdos R35, torturing elderly and disabled women. There is one truth that so few people overall seem willing to acknowledge, that while not all men are rapists and perverts, the people who are rapists and perverts are almost always men and their victims are mostly women. These two statements are not contradictions but people treat them as though they are - leaping straight to 'Not All' as though anyone has ever said all, and as though that's the point. Women, and by that I mean female people, are not predators to other women, we are very rarely a risk to other women. It is men that are. It's not like the statistics don't exist...

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2019 5:34 PM

With comments like that R36, you will ensure that all the rights that gays sacrificed, died and fought for, will disappear.

Many people, in fact most people without a personality disorder like yours, love their grandmothers. Most non-disordered people would not want their sweet granny, perhaps suffering from dementia, to be subjected to a male stranger in her last years. Chances are that granny was at least sexually harassed, if not assaulted or raped.

Because in Granny's time, heck, even in Kamala Harris's time, a judge could and did tell a rape victim that they were, "asking for it."

You R36, are why gays will lose their rights - you and your (rather stupid) fellow "Queer" travelers' blind allegiance to a tiny subset of the population, one that suffers from a mental disorder, but has managed to overtake formerly gay rights organizations and use their hard work and their money to turn the world upside down - will result in a roll back of the rights much braver people than you fought for,

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2019 5:39 PM

Everything but the wolves nipping at her heels.

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2019 5:41 PM

R36 I couldn't even see your comment before R38 replied to it as I must have already previously blocked you on another thread for being an asshole. But this is basic misunderstanding on your part that I feel like I want to correct.

No-one is saying old men are going to identify as women to get at old women, where the fuck did you get that from? we are saying that male carers/health workers will, and already are, identifying as women, a small amount of whom will possibly be perverts and weirdos (and if you think men don't rape old women, since this is the group under discussion, look up the 86 year old woman who was raped in her bed by an intruder). But the main point is the affect on the old woman who is being told that she has female only carers, may only feel comfortable with female carers, may already be confused by dementia, and is forced to let a man change her clothes and wash her and perform very intimate care against her wishes, with no acknowledgement even that those wishes aren't being met and probably a whole lot of added fear and confusion because the world suddenly makes even less sense that it may already have done.

Of course to understand any of this you need to see women as real people with real fears and thoughts and feelings and boundaries. It seems like you don't, which is probably why you jumped to the strange conclusion that you did.

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2019 5:46 PM

We're now back to the world is full of predators and women have to be protected and coddled because they can't survive on their own in such a horrible place. Make the men do it.

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2019 5:47 PM

Fuck off woman-hater/r36

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2019 5:52 PM

I still find it unbelievable that previously respected orgs like the ACLU mindlessly chant Orwellian shit despite plenty of evidence to the contrary that women and girls are being harmed especially in the arena of sport, prisons and other sex segregated facilities.

Women are being shunted down from being 2nd class citizens in the world to 3rd class citizens behind men and men who identify as women. The same people pushing this are also pushing the criminalisation of anyone who tries to point out the obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2019 5:53 PM

This is not fearmongering. Obviously no one believes that the majority of men are predators, but neither should we deny that some men are. The fact is, once these laws are in effect (as they already are in NYC and elesewhere), and man who is a predator has full legal right to enter the most private spaces of women and little girls.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2019 5:53 PM

R41, when has there not been a global epidemic of violence against women?

Three women are killed each day in the USA — by men.

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2019 5:54 PM

"The Equality Act is a disaster for women and gays, but it's also a bit of a red herring."

No, it's not. If you're against this you must be a Republican.

"Women are being shunted down from being 2nd class citizens in the world to 3rd class citizens behind men and men who identify as women."

You sound so stupid saying this. Trump and freepers are keeping trans people out of the military who is keeping women out of the military? It isn't pro-trans liberals who are hurting women, it's freepers like yourself who think women who use birth control are "sluts"

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2019 5:56 PM

I wonder if the ACLU would consider the 2 little girls age 10 & 12 as not harmed in these sexual assaults that took place in a female bathroom by a man who identified as belonging in there. So unharmed in fact someone had the great idea of sticking him in a women's hostel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2019 5:59 PM

Funny how BINARY your “thinking” is, r46.

Lol. If a boy likes dolls & dresses, he’s a girl.

If a women want to keep men out of they’re spaces, they are Republicans.

How about if a person has a dick they’re not women?

Sex is binary.

Gender is imaginary.

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2019 6:00 PM

I didn't start the equality train but it is going full steam now fueled primarily by women's groups, civil rights groups with some help from gay groups. Good Luck saying that was all a terrible mistake. We're not equal now. We're going to have to a way to navigate this but "I'm going to get hurt" isn't going to cut it. To quote the NRA freedom isn't free. Sorry that there will be sacrifices to the cause. Regret sex is not rape.

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2019 6:02 PM

Was this thread started by the:

-Bull Dyke lesbian, who believes that any and all male species should be killed at birth, and there are no other stores than the Home Depot?

-Crazy, right-wing Christian, mothers group, that is heavily underwritten by Family Focus and Liberty something?

-The nutty White Supremacists?

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2019 6:07 PM

R50, you are the biggest bigot on this thread bar none.

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2019 6:12 PM

The fact that Transcult supporters resort to hate speech the moment after they lose the argument speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2019 6:13 PM

Okay, R51.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2019 6:14 PM

Throw granny under the tranny and transcult aren't hate speech?

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2019 6:14 PM

I don’t like the label queer either - it’s offensive. I’m gay, and that is a much more acceptable label.

by Anonymousreply 55April 2, 2019 6:14 PM

No they’re actually what’s happening r54

by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2019 6:16 PM

r47, 99.9% of sexual assaults are committed by cis men, so do you support banning cis men from being around women at all times?

by Anonymousreply 57April 2, 2019 6:17 PM

"I didn't start the equality train but it is going full steam now fueled primarily by women's groups, civil rights groups with some help from gay groups. Good Luck saying that was all a terrible mistake. We're not equal now."

You sound dumb, this will help gay people. Be gone, freeper. Go quote the NRA somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 58April 2, 2019 6:18 PM

I do

by Anonymousreply 59April 2, 2019 6:18 PM

Fixed it for you r57:

[quote] 99.9% of sexual assaults are committed by men

Fyi: it’s impossible to change sex. Transwomen are men.

by Anonymousreply 60April 2, 2019 6:20 PM

There are more than 1,000,000 registered sex offenders in the US. 98% of registered sex offenders are male. Only 2 out of every 100 rapes result in a conviction, so that figure is a low ball.

According to a 2014 CDC study, 1 in 5 American women will be raped.

According to a study done last year in the UK, 40% of incarcerated transgender men-who-want-us-to-think-they-are-women are sex offenders.

The rate of transgender incarceration in the US is 19-65% over the course of their life, according to a paper released last year by the journal PRISON HEALTH. The rate of female incarceration is .0013

According to the ACLU, only 18% of US women are in prison for violent offenses. In the state of California, 92% of those women have been battered and abused.

According to a study of 28,000 transgenders done in 2015 by the National Center for Transgender Equality, 89% of Transgender who claim to be women keep their male genitalia.

According to that same study, 63% of transgenders who claims to be women are attracted to women.

So what could possibly go wrong with letting repeat offender heterosexual males, with intact male genitalia, in prison for sex offenses, access the same jail cell and shower where a woman who wrote a bad check to feed her kids is housed?

by Anonymousreply 61April 2, 2019 6:27 PM

I agree with you actually. But I don't know what to do about it. If NOW, HRC and the progressive wing of the Democratic Party are saying we are wrong. Fear mongering, name-calling spamming of this site seems as useless. You're pestering people you supposedly want on your side.

Either get together a cogent, mature, persuasive argument or go badger the actual people who are making the bad decisions.

by Anonymousreply 62April 2, 2019 6:29 PM

I'm not sure why you're turning this thread about rights protections under the law into a discussion of trans issues, R62. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 63April 2, 2019 6:31 PM

You do know sex offenders are not incarcerated with bad check writers, right? More hyperbole to embarrass your cause.

by Anonymousreply 64April 2, 2019 6:31 PM

Yes, the argument at R61 is not cogent, nor is it mature.

Here's the thing with the Transgender Lobby, and their "Queer" groupies (i.e., a blue-haired, former Goth, who majored in "Gender Studies" now a Frau in HR with a secret piercing) - you can throw facts at them, you can throw figures at them, you can throw STATISTICS FROM THEIR OWN LOBBYING GROUPS AT THEM and still they're all "Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, I can't hear you."

Don't embarrass yourself further, R64 - your craven pandering to a bunch of often violent (just look at those incarceration rates for trans"women"!), deluded, misfits who have effectively taken over the organizations that gays put blood sweat and tears into, and are now getting laws passed that demolish gay rights, has embarrassed you enough already.

by Anonymousreply 65April 2, 2019 6:36 PM

Look at how this congressional Trans Maiden, Madeleine Dean (D-PA) treats incredibly courageous lesbian, Julia Beck, as Beck tries to explain how passing the Equality Act will destroy gay rights.

Gay rights are being destroyed before our eyes, by the Transgender Lobby, who has managed to convince and bribe the Democrats that they are working on behalf of gays by passing all this state, local and federal legislation conflating biological sex with gender identity, and yet so few gays will even look at the evidence.

Julia Beck, a credit to homosexuals, describes Jerry Nadler and that Trans toad stooge Cicilline as being outright cruel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2019 1:07 AM

My new favorite subReddit (LGB Dr*p the T) has a madcap recap of the Equality Act hearings

It's like a TWOP recap, except it's about a law, pushed by the Democrats and championed by the Trans Lobby, that will ERASE AWAY THE GAY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2019 1:01 AM

What demolishes a lot of arguments against this is that only a tiny number of students identify as trans and compete as the opposite sex - South Dakota just vetoed a bill about this, partially because the students competing under the policy for trans athletes was miniscule

by Anonymousreply 68April 6, 2019 2:26 AM

The number of high school students identifying as transgender was almost 2 out of every 100, according to a CDC study released in January 2019.

But whether you consider that number alarming or not, R68, the bigger picture is that we are rewriting biology, language and women's rights to accommodate men who feel like women.

Oh, and destroying free speech. And parents' rights. And gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 69April 6, 2019 2:52 AM

It's not the current numbers R68 it's the principle and the effect. A handful of male athletes competing as women can have a huge effect, and when the principle of sexual difference is destroyed a huge amount of rights that women fought for can be effectively destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 70April 6, 2019 3:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2019 5:08 PM

"A handful of male athletes competing as women can have a huge effect"

Studies show otherwise. Even freepers in a red state like South Dakota realize this. I mean, how far to the right do you have to be to make people from South Dakota look like liberal activists?

It's funny how Republicans worked against gay rights by insisting gays made up a smaller % of the population than we actually do, while they are doing the opposite with transgender people and pretending they are way more numerous than they actually are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2019 2:40 AM

If one girl loses an athletic scholarship, or a place on a team, that's one too many.

Transgenders have the right to compete, right fucking now. They can compete with their own sex.

The premise that a few transgenders competing won't hurt most girls is not the fucking point. The fucking point is that females should not have to budge an inch for males.

Look at this fine specimen of womanhood. As a man, he wouldn't qualify for the Boston Marathon, but, voila, without changing one thing, he calls himself a woman and is running the marathon this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2019 2:48 AM

The Times in the UK have published 4 headline articles today as part of their trans kids investigations. It made the front page. It makes very disturbing reading - so many clinicians have left the GID service and are now whistle blowing about the underlying homophobia prevalent in the push to trans children into heterosexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2019 5:24 AM

Inside the clinic rooms of the Tavistock, the private heartache of a new generation of “transgender” youngsters is being laid bare. There used to be about 50 referrals a year, mainly males with a history of gender issues.

Now there are thousands of young females reporting a sudden gender crisis for the first time. Many are convinced that transition — and the powerful drugs that make it happen — will be the solution to their problems.

Until now the specialists struggling to keep up with caseloads have stayed silent, but alarm over the number of adolescents being prescribed body-altering drugs, has prompted five former clinicians to speak out for the first time.

All five have resigned from the Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS) in the past three years as a matter of conscience.

“This experimental treatment is being done not only on children, but very vulnerable children, who have experienced mental health difficulties, abuse, family trauma, but sometimes those [other factors] just get whitewashed,” one female clinician said. “If someone was suggesting plastic surgery or any other permanent change we’d be saying, hang on a minute.”

The clinicians have warned that complex histories and adolescent confusion over possible homosexuality are being ignored in the rush to accept and celebrate every young person’s new transgender identity.

Clinical psychologists carry out each initial assessment at the Tavistock. They are the gatekeepers who decide whether to refer transgender youngsters to the endocrine clinic for the next stage of treatment. Therapists once had months to work through underlying issues before making decisions on medical intervention, but the clinicians claim that young people are now routinely referred for hormone therapy after as few as three hour-long sessions.

They believe that physically healthy children are being medicated in response to pressure from transgender lobby groups and parental anxieties.

So many potentially gay children were being sent down the pathway to change gender, two of the clinicians said there was a dark joke among staff that “there would be no gay people left”.

“It feels like conversion therapy for gay children,” one male clinician said. “I frequently had cases where people started identifying as trans after months of horrendous bullying for being gay,” he told The Times.

“Young lesbians considered at the bottom of the heap suddenly found they were really popular when they said they were trans.”

Another female clinician said: “We heard a lot of homophobia which we felt nobody was challenging. A lot of the girls would come in and say, ‘I’m not a lesbian. I fell in love with my best girl friend but then I went online and realised I’m not a lesbian, I’m a boy. Phew.’”

The specialists expressed concern at how little confusion over sexuality was explored when a young person requested treatment to change their body.

“I would ask who they wanted to have relationships with, but I was told by senior management that gender is completely separate to sex,” a third female clinician said. “I couldn’t get on board with that, because it isn’t. Some people were transitioning their gender to match their sexuality.”

The service said it was “a welcoming place for people from all sections of the LGBT community”, adding that it had made exploration of sexuality a “more explicit” part of the assessment in response to staff concerns.

Nevertheless, the clinician said that her unease grew after meeting an adult woman whose transition to become a man involved having a double mastectomy. She had since changed her mind.

“What can we do? We can’t reverse that. Do we suggest fake breasts?” she said. “We have such a duty of care to these confused young adolescents, but I think we are failing them.”

The clinic rejected the claims. “We always place a young person’s wellbeing at the centre of our work,” it said. “GIDS staff are engaged daily in thinking about the serious ethical dimensions of our practice. The diversity and complexity of individual cases will always be respected.”

by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2019 5:26 AM

Several clinicians suspected that some of the “transgender” adolescents were reacting to homophobia at home.

“For some families, it was easier to say, this is a medical problem, ‘here’s my child, please fix them!’ than dealing with a young, gay kid,” the third female clinician said. At the service’s “family days”, a parent was allegedly heard saying that they did not want their child to have gay friends because they “didn’t want them mixed up in that hedonistic lifestyle”. “It is converting people into heterosexuals,” one of the clinicians said. “We had so many families who would talk about not wanting their daughters to be lesbian.” Young people “repeatedly” confided their own “disgust” that they may be gay, according to the clinician.

In other cases, she felt young people had concluded they were trans because they didn’t fit traditional gender roles.

“Children’s bodies are being damaged in order to treat societal issues,” she warned. She recalled a case of a 13-year-old child “whose parents were really pressurising us for puberty blockers”. When the clinician refused to refer him, she claims one of the parents, a lawyer, wrote threatening legal letters to the service. The child was eventually referred for blockers.

She would have nightmares about her years at the Tavistock. “I would talk about it as an ‘atrocity’. I know that sounds quite strong, but it felt as if we were part of something that people would look back on in the future, and ask, what were we thinking? In the future I think there will be lots and lots of de-transitioners who feel their bodies were mutilated as young people and who will ask, why did you let me do this? It is very disturbing.”

Studies show that the vast majority of youngsters who begin puberty blockers go on to have irreversible hormone treatment at 16. Some go on to have gender reassignment surgery as adults.

All five clinicians expressed concern over how little young people and their families were being told about the impact of hormone treatment on fertility and sexual function as adults. One claimed young people were unable to give “informed consent” because it was regarded as taboo to discuss the impact of medical intervention on later sexual function in such a young cohort.

The clinic said there were no “taboo” subjects in its work, and that it did not “recognise this allegation as reflecting what happens in the service”. It rejected allegations of conversion therapy and insisted that youngsters were being properly advised on the risks of and about what is unknown about medical intervention. Time and care was taken at every stage to ensure that individuals grasped the potential consequences of their choices, it said, adding that the service had become “increasingly aware” of the need to discuss the impact of treatment on future sexual function.

The GIDS’s own internal review identified procedures around consent as an area of concern. It has recommended that written consent should be obtained before referral for blockers.

Another clinician described how youngsters entered his room enthusing about Alex Bertie, a transgender YouTuber, and My Life: I Am Leo, a documentary about a transgender teen broadcast in a teatime slot on CBBC.

“These are very simplified stories about how easy it would be to transition into being trans. . . that transition is a solution to feeling shit. That is very appealing to lots of teenagers,” the first male clinician said. I felt for the last two years what kept me in the job was the sense there was a huge number of children in danger and I was there to protect them from the service, from the inside.”

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2019 5:28 AM

One female clinician estimates that she referred about 50 young people for puberty blockers. She now believes she referred too many. Their outcomes remain unclear. “When you start them on puberty blockers, you’re putting them on a pathway that could lead to sexual dysfunction problems and, for the younger kids, will definitely make them infertile. In what other specialism would physical intervention that leads to permanent change to the body be the first line of treatment for a vulnerable child? Activists will tell you it’s unethical not to intervene. But we know that not everyone with gender dysphoria will go on to identify as trans for the rest of their lives.”

One case has haunted her. “All the pushing was coming from the father to put the kid on puberty blockers. Thinking back on it now, I fear that the father was a paedophile and the child was being abused.” There is no suggestion the service knowingly ignored the case, and the outcome is unknown.

The clinic, which is run by the Tavistock and Portman Foundation Trust and whose director is Polly Carmichael, says it is tracking the progress of 44 young people who began puberty blockers in 2011, and that all available evidence is discussed with families. “This is a rapidly developing field and psychosocial and medical professionals are working hard to ensure that we respond to emerging evidence in an appropriate and considered way,” a spokesman said. The growing body of international evidence showed that “thus far, there is little reported evidence of harm,” he added.

“The service undertakes careful assessments over time and continues to see young people whether or not they attend the endocrine clinic following this assessment,” the spokesman said.

The clinic said it was aware of concerns and tensions between different perspectives raised by staff and “clinicians have a duty of care to raise safeguarding concerns”, adding that there were “safe spaces” and structures in place for staff to discuss anything that worried them. It would not comment on specific cases but stressed that a young person’s motivations and choices were discussed at each step.

What began in 1989 as a specialist clinic for gender issues is now under intense scrutiny. A report by David Bell, a former governor at the trust, revealed ethical concerns over “woefully inadequate care”. Staff were furious with the GIDS executive’s response to the report, which stated that its own review found no safeguarding concerns.

The whole service should have been halted when the number of “transgender” cases first exploded, one of the clinicians said. “That’s the point we should have stopped because we didn’t know what we were doing. Are we a service for kids with gender dysphoria, a medical disorder? Or are we a service for ‘transgender kids’?”

A GIDS spokesman said: “We are aware of tensions between different perspectives. These differences are inevitable in such complex work.”

One clinician said it was understandable if her former employer was defensive, saying: “If they are getting it wrong, you have to ask, are they making kids infertile by mistake? Because if they are to truly acknowledge [our concerns], then they will have to ask themselves, what the f*** have we done to thousands of children?”

Gires, GI and Mermaids all denied they viewed transition as a cure-all or that they exerted any undue pressure. Susie Green of Mermaids said the charity “does not encourage parents to demand any particular treatment.” Gendered Intelligence said the allegations against it were “unfounded”. Bernard Reed, founder of Gires, said: “In medical literature . . . failure to provide timely treatment is described as ‘psychological torture’. As far as we are aware, GIDS has adequate safeguards against irreversible treatments being given inappropriately.”

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2019 5:28 AM

[quote] two of the clinicians said there was a dark joke among staff that “there would be no gay people left”.

[quote]Young people “repeatedly” confided their own “disgust” that they may be gay, according to the clinician.

[quote]"It feels like conversion therapy for gay children,” one male clinician said. “I frequently had cases where people started identifying as trans after months of horrendous bullying for being gay,” he told The Times.

Do you trans apologists fucking get it now? What has to be done to get through to your dumb asses that this is literally gay erasure? THIS is the logical conclusion of TRA trans activism. And all of you who smugly rested assured that the "crazy gays talking about conversion therapy were just republicans/russian trolls/trans haters" I hope you fucking rot. This is what you have ALLOWED to happen, and I honestly don't know how this gets stopped. Some percentage of a generation of gaylings are just what, collateral damage? Anything to stay "woke?!" God I fucking hate all of you.

Great article, r74, but terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2019 6:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2019 6:11 AM

I read that article this morning. It is what I had believed for a long time but seeing it confirmed by people who have actually been a part of this is still shocking. I'm so glad this is finally coming to light now, even though it's been suppressed by cries of 'bigotry' for far too long. I agree R78, the 'woke allies' must bear their responsibility for the mutilation of the bodies of children and young people, but i'm sure that everyone will conveniently forget in the future just how much they were on the wrong side of this.

by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2019 2:04 PM

Jesus, this is heartbreaking. It should be front page news and the lead report on every newscast, on both sides of the Atlantic. And I totally agree with r78 -- the "woke allies" and gay "handmaidens" that went along with this should be deeply ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2019 2:16 PM

Yawn, hardly anyone identifies as trans - how is that "gay erasure"? A handful of biased anecdotes does not equal statistics. The assholes who hate trans people (.i.e Reoublicans) are the ones who favor conversion therapy and ACTUAL "gay erasure"

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2019 2:18 PM

r82, many of the most ardent trans supporters are Republicans (Caitlyn, for example).

Did you even read the article? This is potentially thousands of young people who latched onto a "hip" identity due in part to their sexual confusion and the homophobia of their families. Your dismissal of this story is appalling.

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2019 2:23 PM

We can't even call GAY PRIDE "Gay pride" anymore. It's just meaningless "pride". Watch how nuts it's going to be come June. All for these stupid q's & t's and the fools that blindly enable them. All gays and lesbians show demand to not go to any "pride" event or parade this summer unless it's specifically GAY PRIDE. I know I won't be going. Fuck them. I'm not just going to sit back and see the freakshow take over.

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2019 2:23 PM

r83, I noticed you used the word "potentially" - a big sign that you don't know what you're talking about. It's not "hip" to be trans - hardly anyone identifies as trans, and studies show people are more likely to support gay rights than trans rights. Gays are more accepted than trans people, not less. Why do you think Republicans have abandoned trying to ban gays from the military and are focusing on banning trans people from the military now? So why would anyone "latch on to" a trans identity rather than a gay identity, when being gay is a lot more accepted?

Your dismissal of reality is appalling

by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2019 2:27 PM

When you block the "I hate trans people" trolls like 90% of this thread disappears

by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2019 2:30 PM

r85, you truly have no idea, do you? Or are you deliberately ignoring facts and truth? Astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2019 2:31 PM

Biased R82? The people who are being quoted are clinicians who worked at the Tavistock Centre, which is the only NHS gender clinic for children in Britain. They are the one's who have literally been assessing and 'treating' the children and young people who come to the clinic. They have now resigned as they realised what they have been part of is deeply wrong ('an atrocity' one was quoted as saying) and are speaking out. There's no excuse for not reading the article, someone copied and pasted the entire thing in the comments. You idiot.

by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2019 2:38 PM

Call up every fucking Democrat who supports the Equality Act (all of them as far as I know) and read the Times article that started at R75 to them.

Start with Jerry Nadler and the fucking author, David Cicilline, Democrat of Rhode Island, who's been trying to get the gay-erasing "Equality Act" passed since 2015 yet has the fucking nerve to call himself a champion of lgbT

by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2019 6:03 PM

r85 When I first heard people warning of "gay erasure" among the youth, I too dismissed it as hyperbolic fear-mongering. But the evidence is pointing straight to that point now, and after articles like r74, you have to be WILLINGLY blind to pretend that there's no problem at this point. You have a probelm with someone saying "potentially?" Sure, okay, let's say it's just one gayling who, either through internal-homophobia (something that literally EVERY ONE of us has experienced at some point, ESPECIALLY surrounding coming out) or through homophobic parents/guardians is pressured into "being trans." Is just one an acceptable number for you? "It's overblown," you'll say, "Only one gayling has been transitioned!" That's one too many, and you KNOW this!

The studies (Peer Reviewed!) show that the majority of "gender dysphoric" prepubescents go on to resolve the dysphoria and embrace being homosexual. For fucks sake, read the thread here about "what first sign showed you were gay" and it's FULL of stories that today would engender an instant trip to the puberty-blocking-and-hormone-prescribing doctor. And none of the now fully gay adults in that thread were capable of separating the gender-non-conformity that is inherent in homosexuality from transexual/transgender pathology at that age. They would be lambs to the slaughter today, there's no question. How are you okay with this?? How can you justify ignoring all of this and instead attacking the messengers trying frantically to get someone to see the potential (yes, potential!) genocide of gay youth.

[quote]two of the clinicians said there was a dark joke among staff that “there would be no gay people left."

Do you think the Times just made up this quote? Or are the gender clinicians, who choose to work in this field as their career, just "transphobic?"

by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2019 12:25 AM

"Further driving home the importance of not throwing stones when you live in glass houses, Lori Watson, a professor of philosophy at the University of San Diego, points out that when cis women live as cis, they too are affirming a world of binary gender identifications, a world of gender stereotypes, a world with a limited number of acceptable ways to be a woman, just as much as any trans woman does.

When I, a cis woman, perform my not terribly original rendition of conventional femininity, I am in part saying that this is what women should be like. “In fashioning myself, I fashion Man,” Jean-Paul Sartre said. I might not always like it, but when I present myself in ways that I know that others around me will read as female, I’m not only going along with but actually affirming their conventional beliefs about what women are like. (This, in part, is the power of Butler’s advice to mess with our performances of gender: doing so unsettles people’s unthinking preconceptions.)"

"when cis women live as cis"??? what the hell is that??? More made up bullshit and now this cunt is telling women they should be ashamed to be women and not act like them. Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2019 8:14 AM

HRC's definition of a vagina:

"We use this word to talk about the genitals of trans women who have had bottom surgery"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2019 5:46 PM

R92 For fuck’s sake, when is it all going to end?

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2019 7:26 PM

Being a woman isn't a feeling either, fuckheads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2019 8:54 PM

Look at this mother joking about "losing the uterus" of her teenage child

Read it - it is so weird, the superior, jokey attitude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2019 9:55 PM

Jesus, how despicable r95, she laughed her ass off about it. Cunt. And Jazz' mom triumphantly bought him the penis cake and then cut it all up, like they were going to do to Jazz' penis the next day.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2019 10:13 PM

R96, I think they think having a "transkid" makes them "cool," thus the strange, jokey attitude.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2019 10:15 PM

yet another probably gay kid is sterilized. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2019 10:15 PM

The health of their kid is not a priority. It is all, look how cool I am with my "transkid."

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2019 10:17 PM

I wonder if Jaron took this spot from a woman? It doesn't matter, no way will his mom let him go. Too bad, he could have been free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2019 10:24 PM

Oh, he will go. She will love him being at a big name school. She will go with him.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2019 10:26 PM

Remember how the lesbians crashed Pride in London (and it was great)?

The T and the woke braindead want their revenge so they will make the next "Pride" as trans as possible...so they are "teaming up with Mermaids" (the transing children organization)

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2019 10:33 PM

"I think the admissions staff at Harvard are betting on his inability to move so far from his mommy. If Jazz were to actually attempt to attend Harvard, he wouldn't be able to juggle basic self-care and medical maintenance on his own, let alone schoolwork. Jazz doubling in size, completely closing the wound between his legs, and failing out of school would not be a good look for Harvard if he did so at their establishment.

Have Jazz's standardized test scores ever been made public? It would be interesting to see at least a partial concrete picture of how his medications may have affected his development."

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2019 10:38 PM

[quote]You can’t change biological sex, but you can change gender. Gender is a social construct. Learn the difference. Trans people are not homophobic. Stop trying to divide us. All queer people are on the same side. You sound like Boris from the troll farm. Dividing our community will not work. You will fail.

Women are provided rights and protections through SEX-BASED segregation. Scholarships, sports teams, hospital rooms, locker rooms for women should be based on sex (not gender) which even you admit can't be changed.

Follow your own advice: Learn the difference. Anyone who argues that humans born with a penis should be able to enter a women's locker room just by self-ID does not know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2019 10:52 PM

Gender is based on sex not vice versa.

So...anything a woman says or does is feminine.

A man is a dress is just that...a man in a dress. There is nothing on the planet that turns a man into a woman. Bio sex can’t be changed.

Since sex can’t be changed, gender can’t either. It’s impossible to change sex or genders.

You can identify however you wish. But you cannot change sex. You cannot change gender.

Ts ade merely cross dressers. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2019 10:59 PM

Everything r104 and r105 posted will get you banned from Twitter for "hate speech."

by Anonymousreply 106April 11, 2019 7:29 AM

Is this the next big project we're getting behind? Now that we have marriage.

by Anonymousreply 107April 11, 2019 7:32 AM

We all have our own journeys. Some live straight, some live gay, some live bisexual, and some live transgender lives. Our journey should not make us better than or lesser than others. We are all individuals who should not be discriminated against because of who we are.

by Anonymousreply 108April 11, 2019 8:41 AM

r108 everyone agrees we 'are all individuals who should not be discriminated against because of who we are'.

Is it discrimination when women are forced to compete against men in athletic competitions? Is it discrimination when rape crisis centers lose funding because men aren't welcome?

Why do women not matter in your equation?

by Anonymousreply 109April 11, 2019 1:45 PM

r108, yes, we are all individuals who should not be discriminated against because of who we are. Prohibiting a man in a dress from accessing the private spaces of women and girls is not discrimination. And saying that is also not discrimination - people do not have a right to not be offended.

by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2019 2:02 PM

Yes, we should all be living who we are. Keyword 'are'. Trans isn't real. Those men and women should live as they ARE. The way nature intended them to be. All that aside, I could care less if they throw their lives away chasing a ridiculous dream. Just get them away from us gays and lesbians. We aren't nearly that "interesting".

by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2019 2:40 PM

The tranny shit is why Ontario scrapped it's new sex ed program. Too much misinformation / unnecessary information.

All it will do is serve to take along anything associated with it on a trip to a garbage pail.

by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2019 2:49 PM

[quote]The way nature intended them to be.

I disagree with this sentiment. It's been used against gays for too long. The only ones who know how nature intended us to be are ourselves. There are no external referents for how others should live. Unless you want sharia law.

Trans people should be free to live their lives as they choose.

But It gets problematic when they demand we redefine simple biological terms like 'male' and 'female'. This goes beyond living their lives as they choose.

Dr Rachel M loves to say how her government ID now says 'F'. Doesn't make her any more female.

by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2019 4:01 PM

Dr Rachel M = McKinnon (not Maddow)

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2019 4:02 PM

Dems- we want to protect the rights of all people. Especially persons at risk for their sexuality, like trans.

DL- nope. Let's support the Republicans on this. Republicans have our backs. They support civil rights for gays.

Keep doing pence's work, it's working out great.

by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2019 4:40 PM

R115, people support or vote against the legislation itself. Their support should be based on the merits of the bill itself. It is not about supporting members of congress.

That's legislation 101.

No one had a problem condemning Hillary for specific pieces of legislation HER husband signed into legislation.

by Anonymousreply 116April 11, 2019 5:15 PM

'we want to protect the rights of all people' except female high school athletes, women in locker rooms, hospitals, prisons ...

It's like martina said: Someone or some group has to give a little in this debate. It's unfair for women to lose their gains. The trans activists will cede nothing. Women are expected to sacrifice. Again. For men. Big surprise there.

by Anonymousreply 117April 11, 2019 5:24 PM

No r115, people who enforce rigid gender roles and sterilize gay kids are much more republican than dem.

by Anonymousreply 118April 11, 2019 5:54 PM

R113 I know wording it like that can trigger some gay people...but please don't compare something as simple as our dicks getting hard to other men as what they're trying to sell us. And considering countries and cultures force gay people to go trans, it's not a strong statement to make. It happens. And it's happening all over now. We've crossed a line with these people that I won't sugar coat it. We need to look out for our rights and our safety. So, ya, nature did not intend to chop off penises that work perfectly well. Just like nature didn't intend nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 119April 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Like I said, keep doing the Republicans' work for them.

I am sure the division of conscience and religion, housed within health and human services, is at this moment parsing sexuality. Gay, is good, trans bad. They are nuanced like that.

by Anonymousreply 120April 11, 2019 6:17 PM

Blindly accepting trans is inevitably accepting gay conversion, homophobia and erasure. There's no way around it. And that's shameful, especially coming from other gay people. I never in a million years could've imagine I'd be saying these things but here we are. Gay people need to start worrying about themselves and their rights. Period.

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2019 6:27 PM

Well, r120, what do you recommend? On the one hand, I don't want to support the Republicans and their overriding obsession with greed as well as their devotion to the religious right and rejection of climate change science; but, on the other hand, I don't want to support the Democrats and their overriding obsession with identity politics as well as their devotion to socialist ideology and rejection of biological/genetic science. Where are the politicians who reject both of these extremes and take a nuanced, logical approach to the issues that perplex modern society?

by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2019 7:03 PM

R122 I never got my 4chan flash card starter set of nonsense words, so I don't know what "identity politics" is.

Human rights are not some sort of limited special order item.

Human rights are a defining principle of western philosophical thought. We see this exemplified in the slogan of the French Revolution and the preamble to the constitution.

Human rights, that each and every single one of us has equal value and dignity before the law, is a measure of who we are as a nation.

Acknowledging our common humanity and our willingness to protect the humanity of others costs you zero. You do not lose because you recognize trans people have a right to exist and live safely in the world.

Republicans on the other hand, have no intention of protecting our rights. None at all. They are not interested in word play about identity. They have placed Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the bench, along with 190+ other judges with one goal in mind: to strip us of our rights.

Each and every single time we stand with republicans as they devalue groups of people, we feed their power. We say, sure, throw the other person away. Trans are gross. Ok, drag queens are gross, ok, feminine men are gross, oh, men who love other men? Wait...

You do what you want. I'm not going to feed the power of fascists.

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2019 7:46 PM

R123 translated from #TransLogic:

Women aren't human, but transwomen are women, so women don't deserve rights, but transwomen do.

In fact, transwomen deserve the rights that the non-humans formerly known as "women" had for a brief moment in time. And more.

In fact, transwomen deserve all the rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 11, 2019 7:52 PM

You're being deliberately obtuse r123, and you ought to know what identity politics are, they are ruining the dem party. You've yet to address the rights of women to not have men in their spaces. That's what we're talking about, that's it. This will roll back title ix and allow any self IDENTIFYING person who claims to be a woman into women's sports or rape crisis centers or anywhere they want to be. That's what the "identity" stands for in identity politics, it's not hard to grasp and it's not from 4 chan or whatever you said.

by Anonymousreply 125April 11, 2019 8:05 PM

Again, phrases like identity politics are meaningless.

The issue is human rights. When a political system begins to strip civil rights from groups of people because of their sexuality, this should raise alarm bells for all of us.

You get to choose which side you are on. If you want to deny people their humanity because you do not like their sexuality, you have no defense when people strip you of your humanity.

by Anonymousreply 126April 11, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]You do not lose because you recognize trans people have a right to exist and live safely in the world.

Nobody seeks to deny trans people the right to exist and live safely. Why does redefining male and female have to be part of it?

You won't answer what Martina asked: We can't have a solution where everyone wins everything they want, so who has to give? The fifty percent of the planet who are female, or the .01% of the planet who are women with penises? Either women are protected, or men can be considered women simply by self-declaration.

by Anonymousreply 127April 11, 2019 8:14 PM

Transgenderism isn't about "sexuality".

by Anonymousreply 128April 11, 2019 8:15 PM

And again r126, you fail to answer the question, what about women's rights? You are clearly a man and so you don't give a shit, but women do.

by Anonymousreply 129April 11, 2019 8:22 PM

R127 the legislation is specifically about legal protections.

You seem to think policians should be regulating medical issues. Legislating biology is not what this is about.

However, if you feel that policians should be making choices for people about their bodies instead of doctors, the pro life crowd sends blessings.

R129, explain to me very clearly how offering legal protections for vulnerable groups destroys women's rights.

by Anonymousreply 130April 11, 2019 8:25 PM

The only rights this will strip is the rights of women, but please keep talking about how this is just about vulnerable groups. Women are fucking vulnerable and this strips their rights to their own spaces, Jesus, what don't you get about this? Fuck, they took Michfest and now they are taking scholarships and titles from women, just look at Cece Telfer and that asshole Rachel McKinnon for starters.

by Anonymousreply 131April 11, 2019 8:27 PM

This will will mean an attack on G&L existence, an attack on women's rights, as well as an attack on science and free speech.

You cannot have all of that in a bill and claim it is something good.

You cannot have something that attacks gay existence and that can claim to be for gay rights. That is a complete contradiction. Someone is hoping you won't notice and pass it anyway. Maybe if it is dressed up in progressive sounding language borrowed from women's rights and gay rights (even though it is against women's rights and gay existence) it can fool some fools.

by Anonymousreply 132April 11, 2019 8:29 PM

The "Equality" Act will strip gays and women of their rights based on their sex and their sexual orientation, you fucking troll at R126, neither of which people choose.

Transgenders deserve human rights, but the Transgender Lobby cannot re-write the law, here or anywhere else, to strip others of their rights, as they are doing globally, via "Equality Acts" and similar legislation.

Transgenders have a choice as to how they choose to present to the outside world, women do not. So transgenders can live their truth within the confines of their homes, or they can work to change society so that other men don't attack them for wearing dresses. This is not a women's problem, it's a male problem, and men can deal with it.

What transgenders can't do is strip women and gays of the right to name themselves as a distinct legal category.

What transgender can't do is change the law so that any male can self-identify as a woman and have access to spaces where women need privacy and safety.

What transgenders can't do is create their own version of biology.

What transgenders can't do is get laws passed that ban "gender identity conversion" i.e. prevent parents from stopping kids doing permanent medical harm to themselves.

And what transgenders can't do is to penalize people who speak the truth: that no matter how hard one wishes, one cannot change sex.

Why are transgenders legally allowed to force compelled speech? Twitter is banning anyone who tells the truth about the Transgender Lobby. People in the UK are being arrested, threatened by the police, and sued for stating biological truths.

If the Transgender Lobby stayed in its own lane it would have the backing of gays and women, but stripping gays, women, parents of their rights, attacking biology and free speech, and spaying primarily gay children, has and will result in all of those groups waking up and screaming, "NO."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 11, 2019 8:29 PM

R131, I wasn't aware the federal government took michfest.

I am aware that the department of education under the trump administration is stripping title ix.

That has nothing to do with expanding civil rights protections. That is Betsy Devos

R133, yes, it's great you are posting nonsense from some group in the UK.

We were talking about a piece of federal legislation in the US. Fun fact: not the same country

by Anonymousreply 134April 11, 2019 8:36 PM

Will the federal legislation in the US allow males to compete in female-only sports, r134? Do you need the volumes of data (and common sense) that clearly show how ridiculous this is, and unfair to women?

Or are you on team cyclopath who think that's fine because feelz? How can you say that doesn't affect the civil rights of women?

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2019 8:40 PM

He is a T so he doesn't care about women or kids or gay rights, R135

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2019 8:41 PM

Obama is the one who messed up Title IX.

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote] Legislating biology is not what this is about.

Actually, r130, that's precisely what the Equality Act does: it enshrines into law an ideological conception of biological sex that is at odds with reality. And that would have profoundly negative effects for the rights of both men AND women, and particularly gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2019 8:48 PM

Posted at R133 is the website of a group of AMERICAN parents from across the political spectrum fighting for their (mostly gay) children. This group of parents have managed to meet with members of Congress. They are imminently sane, and their cause should be one of the number one causes for adult gays.

Fucking Trans Troll @ R134, etc., just can't help lying.

Obama came to national notice and then became president partially because of the powerful, Illinois-based, Pritzker family. "Jennifer" Pritzker, a transgender and Republican, funds transgender issues, sometimes through his Tawani foundation. His cousin, Penny, became Obama's Secretary of Commerce. The speculation is that Obama's attack on Title IX might have something to do with the Pritzker and their mucho billions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 11, 2019 8:57 PM

Christ, Gavin Grimm looks worse than ever. Grim is right. How incredibly healthy she and Chaz Bono must be, obese and flooded with cross hormones. Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2019 9:01 PM

R122: Oh do fuck off with your both sides bullshit.

I love how the anti-gay right wing Daily Mail and Murdoch owned Times is being cited above. Just obvious and pathetic what you right wing trolls are trying to do here.

And only on DL is a thread about this very important and necessary law hijacked by anti-trans lunatics. I hope you get fired for being gay and then cry about it after you've torpedoed this law which could have helped you. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2019 9:22 PM

If Gavin Grimm ever faced jail time, would he still claim to be male? Seriously. I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2019 9:25 PM

There is nothing more right-wing than the trans-ideology, which is sexist, homophobic and anti-science. And it is pushed by plenty of right wingers from the corporate media to fundamentalist Iran.

by Anonymousreply 143April 11, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote] I hope you get fired for being gay

Says the T.

By the way, any bill that ties gay with T will go down. T is using G&L and in the process destroying G&L rights and organizations.

And if any T bill passes, it promotes anti-gay attitudes and policies. Anything with a T is anti-gay. G&L lose. T doesn't care!

by Anonymousreply 144April 11, 2019 9:33 PM

Nope he sure doesn't r144, and still never did answer the question about how women's spaces will be encroached on. Why would a man care? And why be a mediocre man when you can be an outstanding woman? The parents of these girls that lose out will hopefully decry this shit.

by Anonymousreply 145April 11, 2019 9:49 PM

"The only rights this will strip is the rights of women, but please keep talking about how this is just about vulnerable groups. Women are fucking vulnerable and this strips their rights to their own spaces, Jesus, what don't you get about this?"

You don't care about women's rights, you're a Trumpster using "women's rights" to discriminate against people who are different. And I thought Trumpsters were against "safe spaces"? Are you changing your opinion on that?

"And why be a mediocre man when you can be an outstanding woman?"

You sound as dumb as the conservatives who said that gay marriage would lead to tons of straight guys pretending to be gay to get gay marriage benefits.....it's like some of you people have never met a man in your life.

by Anonymousreply 146April 12, 2019 3:04 AM

R141 I don't think the anti trans nuts are gay. I think they are heterosexual teens posting crap from places like 4chan.

They are anti science. They don't know history. They have marinated in the brine of right wing propaganda.

As you say, they are posting right wing propaganda links because they cannot tell the difference between vetted info and opinion. In other words, teenagers with low literary skills.

by Anonymousreply 147April 12, 2019 3:21 AM

Fuck you r146. I'm a fucking woman and not a Trumpster. But you're a tranny, we all know that. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 148April 12, 2019 3:25 AM

You are so crazy, R147/ R141. Do you have a job, or do you live off the state? Or your parents?

Let me guess, you're a Queer activist, i.e., you live off of your parents, the state, your Patreon, or all three.

The adults are talking here, son. Adults who remember when gays and women didn't have rights.

Adults who remember when gay activism was about gays, not 18 + other unrelated letters making up a conglomerate of the sad and mentally ill.

Adults who remember that the rights of gays and women are "on the basis of sex" and if the Equality Act passes as is, there will be no clear definition of "sex," and thus the rights of people far braver than you will be gone.

by Anonymousreply 149April 12, 2019 3:28 AM

R149, you of course haven't read the legislation. At all.

Now heres a point to ponder. Why do you think you are older than I am, son?

Why do you presume to lecture me about activism?

It's because you have no argument. It's because you are a heterosexual teen.

by Anonymousreply 150April 12, 2019 3:42 AM

I have read the legislation, R150. And I was around when the first gay man died of AIDs. I was around before anyone knew what was killing gay men.

And I was around when no one would touch dying gay men, except lesbians, who rushed to their aid.

I was also around when women were not legally allowed to use birth control, and when gay boys routinely had their heads bashed into lockers as boys screamed the F word.

The Equality Act will send us back to those days, and it will be Benedict Gayrnolds like you, R150, who are the traitors.

by Anonymousreply 151April 12, 2019 4:20 AM

I have a feeling r150 is a trans "woman" so he is already denying his gayness a bit and trying to be a woman instead. Always deflecting, never fucking answering the question; what about women's rights? No, now he will go on about human rights and legislation and alt right, etc. but he'll never answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 152April 12, 2019 4:27 AM

The R150s of the world are a waste of time.

Trans activism is an active danger to the rights of the people who used to be their allies, women and gays. This fucking bill has now gone through another committee, on Tuesday, the Committee on Education & Labor, and still the Democrats are being fucking idiots.

More than 1,000,000 registered sex offenders in the US, 98% male, and the Democrats think that not one of them will use the Equality Act to access a free peep show at their local swimming pool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 12, 2019 4:34 AM

Pete Buttigieg was just talkin about the equality act last weekend during his victory foundation speech. Very important.

by Anonymousreply 154April 12, 2019 4:36 AM

It’s bigoted to oppose violence against women:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155April 12, 2019 4:37 AM

[quote]Pete Buttigieg was just talkin about the equality act last weekend during his victory foundation speech. Very important.

Then he’s a fraud, a political hack, and an enabler of gay erasure.

by Anonymousreply 156April 12, 2019 4:38 AM

Between now and the 2020 election, the truth about the Equality Act will become known to Americans, so the Democrats, and Howdy Doody Butti, better dump the Transgender Lobby pronto.

by Anonymousreply 157April 12, 2019 4:40 AM

I don't give to HRC anymore. It's been taken over by... Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 158April 12, 2019 6:13 AM

[quote] I don't think the anti trans nuts are gay. I think they are heterosexual teens posting crap from places like 4chan.

Nope, I'm a 49 year old gay man. I don't even know what 4chan is.

[quote] They are anti science. They don't know history. They have marinated in the brine of right wing propaganda.

Nope, I have a BA in History and have been studying gay history in particular for decades. And I avoid right wing propaganda like the plague.

[quote] As you say, they are posting right wing propaganda links because they cannot tell the difference between vetted info and opinion.

The sad thing is that what was once considered centrist, mainstream media has swallowed the trans ideology whole and so it is only conservative media that has the balls to tell the truth on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 159April 12, 2019 2:48 PM

Look at this. So funny. There is even "Drop the...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 12, 2019 9:39 PM

What is the argument why trans people can't fight for a 'third option' that's solo or trans-only for restrooms, locker rooms, etc.? There are so few trans people, really. I don't understand why, in the places where this has been presented, e.g. in schools where the kid's safety might be at risk, it's always rejected as bigotry.

I can understand needing to have a safe place to pee. Why doe it have to be a safe place to pee with other people of the opposite sex (biologically)?

by Anonymousreply 161April 12, 2019 9:43 PM

Because it is all about exhibitionism and having a chance to prey on women. Most of them are straight, R161.

by Anonymousreply 162April 12, 2019 9:48 PM

R162 is correct. These straight adults are the ones mostly bankrolling efforts to encourage parents of effeminate boys to believe there is a more palatable option out there than their kid being gay.

by Anonymousreply 163April 12, 2019 10:01 PM

r161, because it doesn't validate their identity. It isn't enough for themselves to say "I'm a woman," the declaration has to be confirmed by an outside source, and nothing is more confirming than a private space where women perform one of the most basic necessities of their biology.

by Anonymousreply 164April 12, 2019 10:07 PM

Truth, in the Gavin Grimm thing he had been offered a single, unisex bathroom but didn't want it. Jesus, I would kill for my own bathroom in high school, but I was just trying to blend in.

by Anonymousreply 165April 13, 2019 12:44 AM

This video needs to be shared widely. One of the young female CT athletes trying to speak out against the travesties inflicted on her and other girl athletes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 17, 2019 11:06 PM

Thank you, R166.

Brava, Selina, brava.

by Anonymousreply 167April 17, 2019 11:29 PM

Someone said it would be a young black girl and they were right! This girl needed her scholarship and she got fucked.

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2019 11:33 PM

R168 Selina is a white girl but yes many young black female athletes will be affected, probably disproportionately so.

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2019 11:37 PM

Rachel McKinnon always goes on and on about how being on estrogen 'cancels out' maleness after a period of time. I think it's bull, but it's the linchpin of her entire argument: that estrogen makes bio men somehow the same as women.

These high school kids have had no hormone treatment though. They just came out as trans based on feelings. How on earth could anyone defend this? I would love to know how rachel defends this.

by Anonymousreply 170April 18, 2019 1:22 AM

r170 He is wrong, of course, the pelvic structure of men will always make them superior at running, estrogen will never alter bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 171April 18, 2019 2:04 AM

The problem is that trans activists don’t want a “third-option” solution. They have a vested interest in being identified as a real, biological woman or man not simply as a “transwoman” or a “transman.” They may use those terms when it suits them, but they refuse to be classified or categorized by anything other than as a woman or a man.

In addition, this ridiculous and absurd notion that anyone who questions trans ideology must be a straight, tRump-loving Retpuke is laughable. I’ve been gay and a Democrat all my life and I loathe 45 and what he stands for. As I’ve written many times, no one should be subjected to violence or intimidation for living their lives as they see fit. But, there is a clash of rights when you can claim that you are trans and thereby gain entry into spaces reserved for women. Or take scholarships designed for women. Or encourage mere children – who can’t vote, drink, marry, serve in the army, smoke, and own a firearm – to make decisions about their lives that involve taking dangerous drugs in order to transition.

by Anonymousreply 172April 18, 2019 10:07 PM

Only the dilating trannies think that r172, and if other people think that, who cares? We know the truth.

by Anonymousreply 173April 18, 2019 11:08 PM

This is actually bad because gay right are being lumped with Trans right. They are not treated as individual rights making the vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 174April 18, 2019 11:37 PM

Too bad Fallon never fought this dude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2019 10:07 PM

Here is a thought-provoking article on the Equality Act; don't agree with all of it, but it does sound the alarm about the many dangers of the Equality Act beyond the ones that have been already mentioned on this thread.

It's so fucking sad that, yet again, the only media giving a voice to gays, women and parents is on the fucking right.

[quote] 4. Redefining Humanity By Outlawing Sex Distinctions The “Equality” Act is de-humanizing because it essentially de-sexes all of us in law. It does so in two ways. First, it abolishes the legal definition of sex as a physical reality by incorporating both sexual orientation and gender identity—which means your perception of your sex—into its very definition of sex. Wherever the term “sex” appears in federal anti-discrimination law, the so-called Equality Act parenthetically adds the words “including gender identity and sexual orientation.” Second, the act embeds a premise into its definition of gender identity that tells every American that his or her physical sex should not be legally recognized as real. Here’s its definition: “The term ‘gender identity’ means the gender-related identity, appearance, mannerism, or other gender-related characteristics of an individual, regardless of the individual’s designated sex at birth.”

The key phrase here is “regardless of the individual’s designated sex at birth,” which means that genitalia, or any distinction between male and female, would be irrelevant to any legal definition of sex. Many SOGI laws use the phrase “sex assigned at birth.” Either way, the premise is the same: physical reality has nothing to do with your maleness or femaleness.

This premise would apply to everybody universally, not merely those who choose to believe in a gender spectrum. More jurisdictions like Oregon are allowing people to opt out of sex distinctions altogether on official identification. With such laws, your sexual identity is deemed to be all in your mind, even if your perception is aligned with physical reality. So your sexed body essentially becomes unrecognized in law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 25, 2019 4:33 AM

It won't pass the Senate. So at least there's that.

by Anonymousreply 177April 25, 2019 4:36 AM

It's the local legislation, R177, that's pending or already STEALTHILY been passed on the city, county and state level, that will or have already destroyed the rights of gays, women and parents.

With a GOP-controlled Senate the Equality Act will not pass, but on the local level we are already finished.

Still, get on the phone to Congress Re the Equality Act - it's HR 5 - because we need to let Congress know that the Transgender Lobby doesn't represent us, and, in fact, is working to destroy our rights.

by Anonymousreply 178April 25, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote] Here’s its definition: “The term ‘gender identity’ means the gender-related identity, appearance, mannerism, or other gender-related characteristics of an individual, regardless of the individual’s designated sex at birth.”

Isn't the idea that a person's appearance, mannerism, or other gender-related characteristics, relates to them being male or female something we have been fighting for decades. But, now, such backward ideas would be enshrined in law in the name of Equality and Progressivism, but for the Conservatives in the Senate. Remember how the hippy men of the sixties rebelled by growing their hair long and wearing beads and sandals? Now I guess they would just be labeled women, because they took on the appearance of women. What about an effiminate or queeny acting man, is he no longer a man because of his mannerisms. Or what a butch lesbian is she now a man? What do they mean by "other gender-related characteristics?" Even though there are male chiefs, people tend to stereotype cooking as feminine, so is anyone interested in cooking now a woman? If you want to work on cars are you now automatically a man? This is nothing more than a HUGE step backward to the outdated gender stereotypes of the 1950s or before. The fact is that the only real differences between men and women are our reproductive systems and related physical differences, everything else is society based. I'm all for doing away with societal gender norms not enshrining them into law. But, I am not for ignoring basic human anatomy and biology, to protect the feelings of a very small percentage of people.

The best way to help these people is to give them therapy to accept who they are and to accept that they cannot change. Just like the best thing for a self-hating gay, lesbian, or bisexual person, is best for them to accept that they are who they are and it is wrong, counter productive and dangerous to try and change how they were born.

by Anonymousreply 179April 25, 2019 5:03 AM

r168: Someone in another thread said young, black female athletes would get screwed over by this and they were right. But, their voices won't be taken seriously if they speak up as a community. Society confuses gays and trans, and stereotypes blacks as being the most homophobic group. If blacks say anything about how MTFs are stealing their daughters' athletic opportunities, trans will gladly encourage their concerns being dismissed by the mainstream as 'typical black homophobia'. The only thing that's going to stop this bullshit is white males on the left putting their foot down.

r171: Skeletal structure, muscular development, and organ development differentiate males from females.

r176: It's incredibly frustrating! This is yet another issue that people see as an 'either or' situation and it just impedes any discussion of legitimate issues. 'Oh! You don't want you're niece/sister/daughter showering with a stunning and brave 6'6", 250lb, in-tack transwomen? You're directly responsible for trans-teen suicides and hate crimes against the LGBTQIAPOPoc2SBDSM+ community, you bigoted, rightwing, cisscumbag!' They don't stop to consider legitimate issues brought up by gays and lesbians. They don't understand the concept of incremental change. They refuse to acknowledge that de-transitioners exist. They ignore the voices of reasonable and level-headed MTFs/FTMs. It's like speaking to a brickwall.

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2019 7:23 PM

Joe Rogan steps in to save women's sports and gay kids from being transitioned!

More than 2,600,000 views!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2019 7:48 PM

Is Adam Conover gay? He’s an idiot. I had to stop listening to that.

by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2019 7:58 PM

You should have listened to Rogan's entire podcast, R182, Rogan really fights for gay kids to be left alone and not turned into lifetime medical guinea pigs.

Conover is a Woke Bro moron.

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2019 8:00 PM

Yes r179

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2019 8:01 PM

ANT-TRANS. BIGOTED. THREAD. CLOSED!!!!

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2019 8:03 PM

This thread isn't bigoted, or anti-trans, or closed R185, what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2019 8:53 PM

Great, so we aren’t going to get our rights... again

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2019 9:01 PM

This is part of the reason why the Transgender Agenda is going to blow up on the Democrats: people across the political spectrum are sick of celebrities telling them how to think. For every woman embracing the Transgender Agenda to be cool, there's another ten cringing at the thought of having to share a space with a male - at least, those that know what's going on, which so few do due to the media blackout on the Transgender Agenda.

PEOPLE mag gives props to Julia Roberts for demanding gender neutral bathrooms. Fucking morons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 3, 2019 1:53 AM

How often does Julia Roberts have to use a public restroom -without a bodyguard?

by Anonymousreply 189May 3, 2019 4:57 AM

And what about public showers and dressing rooms?

I don’t give a damn who you think you are. I don’t want a naked adult penis anywhere near my young daughter.

by Anonymousreply 190May 3, 2019 9:34 PM

This shit is getting traction now. That fucking ridiculous "woman" who won some bodybuilding competition and the backlash are actually in the news, as is the Caster Semenya thing. Peak trans may finally be reached.

by Anonymousreply 191May 3, 2019 10:02 PM

I'd like to know more about this case. Was this woman just scared after encountering a man in the park bathroom?

NBC: Woman Accused of Pepper Spraying Transgender Woman (in Women's Bathroom) at Chicano Park Pleads Not Guilty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 3, 2019 10:06 PM

R192 troll? Or just dumb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 3, 2019 10:29 PM

`R193 are you serious? It must be very scary for women to encounter a man in a bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 194May 3, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote] The findings by the National Center for Transgender Equality

LOL! Gee. Well this must be completely honest. Why would the transgender lobby lie or distort reality to advance their cause?

Can you imagine the "assaults' described? "Why that woman rolled her eyes at me" "Whenever my penis 'accidentally' falls out of my clothes while I'm drying my hands these awful women tell me to put my dick away." This is KILLING me.

by Anonymousreply 195May 3, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote]Queer is not a slur. It has been reclaimed.

Maybe to those that are not gay. Queer is a slur used against gay people. Do fuck off homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 196May 4, 2019 1:49 AM

I'm from San Diego, that park is in a rough part of town, I guarantee that chick just thought a dude was in the bathroom, because essentially, he was. I can't believe she is being charged with a hate crime. San Diego sucks now.

by Anonymousreply 197May 4, 2019 2:57 AM

Not only is the woman being charged with a hate crime for pepper spraying a man in the ladies' room, the punishment is a 30K fine and 6 years in jail.

If this woman isn't let off, every woman is going to feel unsafe.

And wait til Fox gets a hold of this - the Democrats need to get a grip, NOW.

by Anonymousreply 198May 4, 2019 3:31 AM

Unbelievable r197...but true.

by Anonymousreply 199May 4, 2019 4:09 PM

Here's a transgender "woman" who tried to murder his boyfriend by tricking his boyfriend into swallowing Drano.

ABC News calls the transgender "woman" a woman throughout the article, even though the mugshot is obviously a man. They also referred to the perp by his transgender woman-sounding name, not his "dead" male name. And this is in Utah, hardly a liberal bastion.

Way to fight crime - call yourself a woman, change your name and you're home free.

How will the Equality Act destroy women's rights? Heres's just one example : by screwing all statistics about women, from health to educational levels to crime, so that they become meaningless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2019 9:24 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 201May 10, 2019 11:54 PM

Let gay men and lesbians have an Equality Act, and all the others can create their own.

by Anonymousreply 202May 10, 2019 11:56 PM

The UK has been recording transgender "women" crime as female since 2009. The same thing will happen in the US if the Equality Act passes.

US Transgender "women" have a 19-65% lifetime incarceration rate. Women have a much less than 0.1%

Look at this to see the US's future: The UK press is identifying this hammer-wielding maniac attacking a real woman as a woman when he is very clearly a male.

Worse, allegedly this transgender "woman" is one of the transgender activists who "educated" police that transgender "womens" rights trump women's rights, even though UK law says the opposite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 13, 2019 7:55 PM

Jesus.

Trans = literal violence against women

by Anonymousreply 204May 13, 2019 9:08 PM

Being voted on today in the House. The Democrats are truly fucking idiots. They just handed Dump and the GOP the election.

Well, unless we're all dead by then because we attacked Iran, as a bipartisan group in Congress has always pushed for.

This needs to stop: it will only backfire on homosexuals. Yes, the link is to Fox, and that's because the Conservative media is the only one that will cover this.

This isn't about gay sex ed, this is about indoctrinating very young children with the belief that if they are uncomfortable with their body they are a different sex, and that the problem can be fixed with $$$ and endless medical intervention.

[quote] An earlier draft of the guidelines also suggested high schoolers read the book: “S.E.X.: The All-You-Need-to-Know Sexuality Guide to Get You Through Your Teens and Twenties,” which includes descriptions of anal sex, bondage and other sexual activity.

Ultimately, California’s finalized framework tells teachers that students in kindergarten can identify as transgender and offers tips for how to talk about that, adding “the goal is not to cause confusion about the gender of the child but to develop an awareness that other expressions exist.”

The document also gives tips for discussing masturbation with middle-schoolers, including telling them it is not physically harmful, and for discussing puberty with transgender teens that creates “an environment that is inclusive and challenges binary concepts about gender.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 14, 2019 8:54 PM

Actually vote is today. The Democrats are such fucking idiots. They are handing that fat, fowl, fuck the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 17, 2019 5:33 PM

I really am amazed at the trans hate.

by Anonymousreply 207May 17, 2019 6:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!