Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Nominates Judge Amy Barrett To Replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court,

He has already told Judge Amy Barrett to start interviewing staff and law clerks for her position

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2019 6:21 PM

I can't get over this turd who barely squeaked into office reshaping the SC and the circuits for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2019 1:14 PM

Mayor Pete wants to try to rectify this politicization of the SC. At least he is throwing ideas out there to stop this madness

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2019 1:18 PM

Mayor Pete is becoming more attractive to me every day (as a candidate).

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2019 1:40 PM

Come on OP, stop it with the fake bs title... he didn't nominate her, the article says he is saving her in the case Ginsberg steps down, which she has no intention of. Fuck off with this fakery.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2019 1:46 PM

Get dummies,

Buttgieg wants to do something that was already tried decades ago. If FDR couldn't do it, no way small town Buttgug is going to.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2019 1:48 PM

That helps. Now we can put a face, with a record, on what will happen to the Supreme Court if Trump wins this election. It won’t just be some hypothetical theory. Roe is on the line.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2019 1:55 PM

If she doesn't manage to hang on until a change in administration and the court is so slanted to the right for the next 4 decades that all aspects of American life get changed and all rights get trimmed back, remember to thank that old geezer Bernie Sanders! This is HIS doing. Fuck YOU Bernie!! And trying to repeat your performance as the spoiler in 2020 too I see.

Damn you to hell Bernie. You are WORSE than Trump. You knew what you were doing, and what you will be doing. You are a destructive ego driven old asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2019 2:02 PM

R7: So you're a troll or genuine? If you're for real, you're a fucking retard. Primaries do not spoil general elections. Sanders had NOTHING to do with Trump being in the White House. God you people are just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2019 2:06 PM

R5 only if Dems don’t allow it. If Dems play by the rules once we get majority then yes there will be no court packing. But the only way to fix the Trump issue is to do something very drastic because if we “just live with it” things will not progress and we can’t afford to do that. But if we do...I hope we lose the world superpower status.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2019 2:08 PM

R5 times have changed dramatically since FDR!

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2019 2:13 PM

I just read a psychic prediction that Trump wold be getting someone ready to replace RGB but he would be surprised when it is a Republican that gets ill and he has to replace. one can only hope

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2019 2:15 PM

Today is the 800th day of the longest and biggest April Fool's Day joke in history.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2019 2:16 PM

R11, could it be Keg Kavanaugh’s liver failing?

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2019 2:23 PM

We all need to pray that Ginsberg can make it at least to the end of the year.

Then, at least the same argument can be used to replace her as was used for replacing Scalia. As ridiculous as that argument was and should NEVER have been allowed to win, goose and gander.

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2019 3:53 PM

He's such a sorry piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2019 3:54 PM

I have never understood why Supreme Court is a lifetime position.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2019 6:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!