Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Are DLers Obsessed With "Fraus"?

By DL definition, fraus are frumpy middle-aged, middle-class, middle-American women whose lives are boring and empty AF.

Yet so many posters here are seriously obsessed with them.

Every day there's a new thread about them: "Let's be fraus at the supermarket" "Let's be fraus redecorating our bathrooms"

Why are you all so fascinated by the lives of these women? Do you somehow feel that they are the competition, that you do "female" better than they do? Are you lumped in with them at work/church/family events because people don't see you as fitting in with the men?

I can understand the fascination with "divas" or with larger-than-life personalities, but WTF is the Frau Obsession all about? Is it a normcore thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 4, 2019 12:49 AM

That picture is fucking great. I’m guessing it’s because so many gays hate their rotten, stinking mothers.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2019 6:40 PM

Bitching about fraus is inextricably linked to the culture and history of the site. You better just get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2019 6:43 PM

It's interesting. Lesbians don't seem to be obsessed with straight men in this way.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2019 6:44 PM

I'm not a "frau."

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2019 6:47 PM

This is a gay man's board and gay men are not at all "obsessed" with fraus.

Quite the opposite, and more like annoyed or slightly amused. The "annoyed" is largely due to their entitlement attitude and entitled behaviors and the "amusement" is watching them screeching, outdoing, one-upping and backstabbing each other, while trying to look like each other. They even treat each other badly. In general, many fraus (women approx. ages 35 - 55) act like teenagers trapped in the body of an adult.

And a true frauy-frau can't differentiate between the words "many" and "all."

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2019 6:47 PM

R4 Yes, you are.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2019 6:48 PM

Geez, R5, your description could just as easily describe "many" gay men!

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2019 6:50 PM

Tee hee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2019 6:52 PM

. No one here is obsessed with fraus. We are amused/annoyed by them as R5 has pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2019 6:55 PM

OP you're not the first to try to figure this fascination out and you won't be the last, so honey, why don't we just hit the salon, get a chunky highlight, and stop by the donut wall before picking up the kids?!

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2019 6:56 PM

It’s only a few mysoginist, frau-obsessed posters who dwell on this topic. Maybe they’re from small towns or suburbs?

I mean, where else do you see this particular breed?

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2019 6:56 PM

The epitome of frau in this 30-second commercial.

Notice the heavy gray wool socks and matching sweater with extra long gray sleeves covering her hands. She's one of the more attractive ones, but still a frau. You just know she drives a black SUV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2019 6:57 PM

... and cradles her mug.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2019 6:58 PM

Fraus often get better dick than the gays. They're competition. And the fat ones especially cause seething resentment amongst the gays.

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2019 6:58 PM

R11 that’s funny! We can call it the misogynis lounge

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2019 6:59 PM

Were there as many frauposts when DL was still gay?

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2019 6:59 PM

We come here for validation from the gays because we don't care what our husbands or other real (heterosexual) men think. They're too p-whipped to have a valid opinion, let alone one we respect.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2019 7:04 PM

This is anecdotal, but I’ve noticed that gay men who had childhood crushes on Corey Feldman tend to be more frau-obsessed than average.

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2019 7:08 PM

Because if you're not sexually attracted to them they are extremely irritating.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2019 7:13 PM

Chelsea queens and fraus are all the same. They all look alike.

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2019 7:16 PM

R5, your stereotyping of women: "many fraus (women approx. ages 35 - 55) " is completely absurd and just as awful as straight people stereotyping gay men and lesbians. Lots of straight women are sure not fraus, they are hard working women supporting themselves, most aren't even married or even in relationships. Even some beautiful, independent, intelligent straight women cannot find a decent straight man to date let alone marry.

Some of these women have even sacrificed their own private lives care of an ill parent while working full time. The hate on DL is over-the top. If it's all about you guys wanting to fuck straight men, that's a whole other kettle of even more bullshit. If a 'straight' guy wants to fuck you, he ain't straight. Get that through your thick fantasy filled skulls!

Some of you frau haters make it seems as if all women are gold diggers, want to have children so they can secure the purse and spend every minute spending their husband's money. You guys seem to live in some alternate universe. Do you know how many women work these days, some actually have careers and some even make more money than their husbands. My mom, who is now elderly, worked all of her adult life, she continued to work well into her 70s.

Stereotypes involving any group of people will always be WRONG.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2019 7:18 PM

I just love it when these thin-lipped, finger-wagging cunts come on a gay board to tell us what's up.

STFU.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2019 7:19 PM

R18 = Corey Feldman

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2019 7:19 PM

R21, Sure, but this about FRAUS.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2019 7:20 PM

"How now brown frau"......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2019 7:24 PM

I am NOT Corey Feldman, R23, and I want to talk to your manager - NOW.

by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2019 7:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2019 7:27 PM

I. NEED. STATUS.

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2019 7:28 PM

This is the ultimate in frau-dom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2019 7:31 PM

The DL term Frau has been around for a long time. There's even a hilarious definition of frau on Urbandictionary from 2007! Which one of you bitches wrote this?

"Stupid fat ugly older woman who posts non-stop on message boards about old lady topics, such as hummus recipes and their current object of lust. This object of obsession is usually a fugly contestant on American Idol (e.g. Taylor Hicks) or some other fug and/or gay singer, who they insist is very sexy and/or straight. Also hausfraus."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2019 7:31 PM

R21 is the example of frau who cannot differentiate between the words "many" / "most" versus "all." A perfect example of what I meant by that statement in my R5 post. They are not the same words that can be used interchangeably. I stopped reading at the second sentence, "Lots of straight women are sure not fraus."

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2019 7:33 PM

Who's Corey Feldman?

by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2019 7:34 PM

R31 guess you don't have your eyeglasses. R21's signature indicates a grau, not a frau.

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2019 7:34 PM

[quote]You just know she drives a black SUV.

Oh no you di'int! There is nothing wrong with driving a black SUV, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote] Maybe they’re from small towns or suburbs? I mean, where else do you see this particular breed?

That had crossed my mind R11 -- the only time I see women one could describe as "fraus" is when they are corralling packs of high school students through Times Square. Otherwise, out of sight, out of mind.

And no R5, "more like annoyed or slightly amused" is so far from true. Many of the posters on DL are fucking obsessed with them. Do a search (okay don't, because the new search function is kind of broken) and the number of threads and references is overwhelming.

But back to R11's point, it seems that many DLers are in close proximity to or lumped in together with these types of women. That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2019 7:37 PM

[quote]r15 that’s funny, R11 ! We can call it the [bold]misogynis[/bold]lounge

I misspelled it “mysoginist,” bitch!

I want to speak to a manager.

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2019 7:38 PM

R33 You didn't see that I wrote I didn't read past the second sentence of that post. Maybe you need the eyeglasses.

by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2019 7:39 PM

You commented incorrectly on something you didn't read.

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2019 7:41 PM

[quote]Who's Corey Feldman?

He’s a former child actor from the 80s who attempted gender transition, but missed the gender part and went directly to Frau.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2019 7:43 PM

Being Frau-obsessed is fine with me, but please get the plural right.

The plural of Frau is not 'Fraus', but Frauen.

Use the correct plural, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2019 7:47 PM

The thing is that fraus are everywhere. There's no escape. If you're living in the world, you're constantly being irritated by them. So you have to vent somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2019 7:50 PM

Why don’t I ever spot any?

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2019 7:52 PM

[quote] Frau Obsession

Fraubsession

by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2019 7:53 PM

Maybe because you are one, R42. Look in the mirror some time.

by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2019 7:53 PM

That's the Christine Baranski haircut.

by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2019 7:56 PM

[quote]Being Frau-obsessed is fine with me, but please get the plural right. The plural of Frau is not 'Fraus', but Frauen. Use the correct plural, ffs.

Don’t forget to use “die!”

by Anonymousreply 46March 29, 2019 7:57 PM

Not really R41

Many of us rarely encounter them.

Where do you live and what do you do for a living that you have such frequent interaction with frauen?

Are you frequently assumed to just be a frau-with-a-penis because you are a certain type of gay man and thus lumped in with them?

by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2019 8:08 PM

There are plenty of gay male fraus here.

Check out any poster who admits to sexual relations outside of a committed relationship and there will be an avalanche of finger pointing, sex-negative lectures about their needing an emotional connection for sex.

by Anonymousreply 48March 29, 2019 8:11 PM

Where do you have to live to go frau-free? WeHo?

by Anonymousreply 49March 29, 2019 8:11 PM

[quote][R21] is the example of frau who cannot differentiate between the words "many" / "most" versus "all." A perfect example of what I meant by that statement in my [R5] post. They are not the same words that can be used interchangeably. I stopped reading at the second sentence, "Lots of straight women are sure not fraus."

Go fuck yourself, honestly, who cares what you think abut my grammar mistakes! I'm not a 'Frau', I'm a gay man who has been at DL since 1999. Unlike most of you bitter angry queens here, most who seem to be DL newbies, I'm happily partnered, have a career I love and I sure don't spend time obsessing over anonymous women I don't know. Don't any of you have lives?!

Do frauen make your life a living hell? If not, WHY do you care? Do you want their boring unattractive and BFs? Again, if a 'straight' man wants to blow or fuck you, he's not straight and you are only kidding yourself.

I can instantly figure out the type of bitter gay men here who are obsessing over faceless fraus. Honestly, who gives a shit about these women? I can only imagine the type of gay men who are the obsessive 'frau haters' on DL. I surmise they are impotent or ashamed about their micro-dicks, flabby, balding, have crappy jobs etc, basically the gay equivalent of basement dwellers.

A message to all you bitter gay men here at DL who rant incessantly about frauen: get your own shit together before posting non-stop daily tedious bitter invectives about people who do not affect your lives personally.

The old DL was never this boring and tedious.

by Anonymousreply 50March 29, 2019 8:16 PM

^ Russian Frau.

by Anonymousreply 51March 29, 2019 8:19 PM

I. NEED. COFFEE!

by Anonymousreply 52March 29, 2019 8:22 PM

More, r16.

No one wants to admit it but most of the avalanche of posts about fraus we used to get were from the losers try-hards who abound. They see one successful EST and they try for literal months to duplicate it. A vast majority of the frau posts were dull rehashes that only drew psychopaths to the board.

Nowadays it's settled into a boring slog of "does her pussy stink" and "she's cradling her mug."

by Anonymousreply 53March 29, 2019 8:28 PM

Where do I get my DL loyalty card, R50? I have been here almost as long as you. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 54March 29, 2019 8:29 PM

[quote]R50 Go fuck yourself, honestly ... Unlike most of you bitter angry queens here, most who seem to be DL newbies ...

Let me be clear; such language is offensive to me ... and I will NOT have myself or my fur babies, who have computer access (or at least can see the screen) exposed to it.

I want to see a manager.

by Anonymousreply 55March 29, 2019 8:30 PM

OP used quotes around "fraus" so zip it with the proper grammar complaint.

We used to have people lose their fucking minds if someone dared to use "frauen" instead of "fraus" because they were so committed to the DL meme/slang version of the word. I know a smattering of German and made the mistake of saying "frauen" back in 2006 or so, and thought we were going to lose some of our elders from apoplexy, they were so upset.

by Anonymousreply 56March 29, 2019 8:34 PM

I don't really care what a frau is or what they do. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 57March 29, 2019 8:36 PM

Maybe the FRAUSEST movie of all time is FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.

by Anonymousreply 58March 29, 2019 8:37 PM

[quote]I'm a gay man who has been at DL since 1999.

Aren't you PPSM? You sound like him, at any rate, and he most certainly has not been here 20 years. I doubt you have, either. If sexism bothered you that much you would have left a long time ago.

Remember when PPSM would run a script to spam DL with posts about how all gays were sexist and "your misogyny is killing us"? Good times

by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2019 8:38 PM

R56 An English-speaking person who uses proper German for slang terms can off as pretentious (I’m guilty of this myself), much like Americans who change accent whenever they say the names of foreign cuisine. Ooh - how worldly!

by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2019 8:45 PM

^^”come off as pretentious” - oops.

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2019 8:49 PM

If you insist on using "frau" as a German word (with the plural "frauen"), wouldn't it have to be capitalized?

by Anonymousreply 62March 29, 2019 8:55 PM

Okay, I'll bite OP, I think some of the obsession withe a frau, fraus or frauen is how ubiquitous they are in society.

They're in TV commercials (think those fucking chewy.com commercials- "I'm such a busy mommy, I can't be expected to go out and shop for the animals I have for my spawn... that's why I use chewy.com" - blecch).

They occupy space in supermarkets and elsewhere with their offspring who tend to misbehave... poor little frau who has never figured out that the brat should be reprimanded and corrected, so they do not misbehave.

I work with one - on the phone in her office, you can hear her start a conversation with, "Oh I'm fine, a busy Mommy, but you know what that's like" - I kid you not. And she's married... if the husband isn't helping out, leaving her feeling overwhelmed (she has ONE adopted child - ONE!), well that's problem with the marriage, not a self-inflicted mommyhood.

And don't get me started on the facebook posts where they pose with a wine glass and girlfriends - "girls not out!" - oh gag, as if their suburban lives are so awful that the deserve a night away from the crotchfruit and husband (who probably is thrilled she's out of the house for several hours).

Lastly, fraus reek of white privilege. See Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman and so many other examples in the news of their helicopter parenting and interference in their child's lives.

Mocking them feels good, because they present themselves as so put upon when they are most-definitely not.

by Anonymousreply 63March 29, 2019 8:57 PM

A gay is just a frau turned upside down.

That’s why.

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2019 8:59 PM

R62, yes.

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2019 9:00 PM

^^Basically, English is just bastardized German, isn’t it? If so, you must be in a constant state of distress, my dear GLOT.

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2019 9:03 PM

As a Manhattanite and a sodimite I’m just not around that kind of woman much. I know they exsist & that that can be quite annoying, but thankfully I’m rarely in their natural habitat.

But I do love love love the term frau - it is ridiculous and perfect and makes me chuckle inside almost every time I read it here.

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2019 9:04 PM

I am. It's truly distressful.

Stress hoch zehn!

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2019 9:05 PM

DL makes fun of everyone. Seriously. I think the only person we haven't ripped to shreds here is Mister Rogers and a couple posters even bitch about him.

Many women are wonderful, but fraus are dismissed and ridiculed for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2019 9:06 PM

I think it's because most posters are 1) middle class 2) feel superior to where they came from and 3) recognize tendencies in fraus that they hate about themselves.

I too am guilty of frau-hating for those reasons.

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2019 9:07 PM

Turn that frauen upside dauen.

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2019 9:08 PM

R71, hahahahahaha, I see what you did there

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]Turn that frauen upside dauen.

The mantra of a closeted gay man married to a beard.

by Anonymousreply 73March 29, 2019 9:11 PM

R73, naaaaah, it's a nice and witty play on German orthography and phonology.

by Anonymousreply 74March 29, 2019 9:16 PM

If "Fraus" aka straight white middle-class women hadn't invaded this little gay ghetto of the Internet, it wouldn't be a persistent theme on this website.

But they parked their spawn-filled SUVs in the Gay Zone Only, and are getting keyed, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 75March 29, 2019 9:17 PM

We need to have a regular Frautrage-of-the-Day thread.

by Anonymousreply 76March 29, 2019 9:30 PM

R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS! R50 has AIDS!

by Anonymousreply 77March 29, 2019 10:11 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 78March 29, 2019 10:17 PM

R74 has a German sense of “humor.”

by Anonymousreply 79March 29, 2019 10:34 PM

[quote]By DL definition, fraus are frumpy middle-aged, middle-class, middle-American women whose lives are boring and empty AF.

Your question stems from a flawed definition of what a DL "frau" actually is. If you knew, you wouldn't need to ask "Why?"

by Anonymousreply 80March 29, 2019 10:55 PM

R50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 29, 2019 11:21 PM

MIMOSAS. ON. ME!

by Anonymousreply 82March 29, 2019 11:23 PM

I'm starting to enjoy trashy Trish...

by Anonymousreply 83March 29, 2019 11:24 PM

Eat. Pray. Love. Eat again.

by Anonymousreply 84March 29, 2019 11:26 PM

I'm recording this for my protection.

by Anonymousreply 85March 29, 2019 11:38 PM

r50 is the "I live and love Pasadena, Ca" troll. She's such a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 86March 29, 2019 11:40 PM

Why are fraus obsessed with DL? There a millions upon millions f sites out there for you to discuss your frau issues, yet you keep coming back here.

by Anonymousreply 87March 29, 2019 11:55 PM

why are u obsessed with this imaginary shit? u some kind of woman hater? go fuk ur momma

by Anonymousreply 88March 29, 2019 11:56 PM

R77, get some motherfucking THERAPY, find a good therapist and get HELP!

You vile POS. What a SICK mind. Wishing AIDS on anyone is SICK.

FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 89March 30, 2019 12:04 AM

For R77 and R86: 肛門が飛び出しています。 He waituhi kua tohua koe. آپ کے پاس ایک تحریر مقعد ہے.

btw, I am not from Pasedena, I live nowhere near CA! STFU you imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 90March 30, 2019 12:09 AM

I think we've learned that while white straight men are evil, white breeder women are the absolute worst.

by Anonymousreply 91March 30, 2019 12:32 AM

Then go live in a colored country, as an open gay man, and get back to me.

by Anonymousreply 92March 30, 2019 12:38 AM

im gay and I aint no women hater. why the op like dat????

go git a hobby ya fugly shitface

by Anonymousreply 93March 30, 2019 12:42 AM

#77 has been banned by 55 people.. ha!

by Anonymousreply 94March 30, 2019 12:46 AM

All fraus are women, but not all women are fraus. How much simpler can one make it?

by Anonymousreply 95March 30, 2019 12:51 AM

FIND. YOUR. BLISS!

by Anonymousreply 96March 30, 2019 1:09 AM

women haters:::remember:::u came out of a pussy to be born. GIVE THNKS FOR THE VAG

by Anonymousreply 97March 30, 2019 1:17 AM

[quote]All fraus are women...

Nope. See R50.

by Anonymousreply 98March 30, 2019 1:19 AM

I see fraus as women who aren't as sophisticated as they think they are.

by Anonymousreply 99March 30, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]Then go live in a colored country

Dafuq is a “colored country”?

by Anonymousreply 100March 30, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]I see fraus as women who aren't as sophisticated as they think they are.

This is a good observation! Many gay boys are fascinated with sophisticated women from a young age and admire them - even imitate them. Mockery of the archetypical Frau is a projection; a defense against fears of being déclassé.

by Anonymousreply 101March 30, 2019 1:44 AM

[quote]Many gay boys are fascinated with sophisticated women from a young age and admire them - even imitate them. Mockery of the archetypical Frau is a projection; a defense against fears of being déclassé.

Lots of sad unsophisticated men in this thread, the types who can't even get the attention of a literal alley cat let alone the pornstars they create endless threads about.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 102March 30, 2019 4:41 AM

肛門が飛び出しています。 = Anus has jumped out

آپ کے پاس ایک تحریر مقعد ہے. = You have a written anal.

What are trying to say, r90?

by Anonymousreply 103March 30, 2019 5:24 AM

I have no idea, but DL's obsessive hstred is like mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 104March 30, 2019 5:27 AM

Fraus really do ruin everything. It would be best for all if they just stayed in their suburbs and only had contact with their hubbys, kids and other fraus

by Anonymousreply 105March 30, 2019 5:28 AM

R105 Christ wtf

by Anonymousreply 106March 30, 2019 5:43 AM

[quote]R91 I think we've learned that while white straight men are evil, white breeder women are the absolute worst.

Oh, sure. Except for the way they dominate the lists of serial killers part.

by Anonymousreply 107March 30, 2019 5:48 AM

We're tired of frau-dulent DLers who are fraus and not gay men. It's fortunate that most frau replies are clearly written in frauish, so we can discern who is real and who is not.

by Anonymousreply 108March 30, 2019 5:58 AM

You know, I probably shouldn't say this, but I just LOVE my brownies!

by Anonymousreply 109March 30, 2019 6:15 AM

This thread is pure DL...love it. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 110March 30, 2019 6:51 AM

NEED. WINE. NOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 30, 2019 7:23 AM

Mostly, I don't think I can tell fraus from gays when they post. I just assume instinctively that everyone here is a gay man. Except the cockhaters, of course.

by Anonymousreply 112March 30, 2019 7:28 AM

I just suffered a SEVERE miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 113March 30, 2019 7:43 AM

r21 I subscribe everything you said

by Anonymousreply 114March 30, 2019 8:31 AM

Gay men are fraus. It's only natural fraus hate each other

by Anonymousreply 115March 30, 2019 8:47 AM

They overidentified with women in their youth. Men and boys were scary, because these future DLers intuitively knew their lust and crushes would be disapproved of by their families and the wider society. However, it was safe to focus on the opposite sex. No straight males or females give women as much thought as this type of gay DLer, and in such detail, and this even extends into the fictional realm (discussions as to whether certain sitcom characters were good mothers, etc.). It's exhausting. Straight women (including the dreaded " fraus") would probably have disdain for any man who took such an intense, positive/negative interest in them.

by Anonymousreply 116March 30, 2019 9:31 AM

their mommy took away the teat too soon?

their obsession with womanhate is psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 117March 30, 2019 12:47 PM

[quote]their obsession with womanhate is psychotic.

Not womanhate, FRAU hate.

Another idiot that doesn’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 118March 30, 2019 12:55 PM

WE. ARE. WARRIORS!

by Anonymousreply 119March 30, 2019 1:08 PM

I'm cradling my mug in honor of this important thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 30, 2019 1:14 PM

"Let's be fraus at the supermarket" "Let's be fraus redecorating our bathrooms"

I wish the OP had started a thread like these hilarious ideas of his. These actually sound funny and interesting, unlike this one.

by Anonymousreply 121March 30, 2019 1:26 PM

"Let's Be An Office Full Of Lindas" was a recent frau thread that was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 122March 30, 2019 1:33 PM

Is anyone under 60 called 'Linda'?

by Anonymousreply 123March 30, 2019 1:47 PM

I think R115 and R116 nailed it, thank you.

I also think that many frau obsessed DLers feel powerless compared to them. They likely work in similar pink-collar jobs (retail, fashion, lower-level office work) and yet somehow because they have husbands and children, it seems like the fraus are more powerful which breeds resentment. (They may also hold back DLers career-wise because, being childless and husbandless, he is not a part of their inner circle.)

by Anonymousreply 124March 30, 2019 3:28 PM

I know you're busy but would you like to sign the card?

by Anonymousreply 125March 30, 2019 3:31 PM

This post just got me craving Fro Yo!

by Anonymousreply 126March 30, 2019 3:50 PM

No, we just hate frau's. They come on here, a site for LGBTQ folk, and shit all over this place like they own it. Fuck off frau's. There is a reason why we have a nickname for assholes like you... take a hint.

by Anonymousreply 127March 30, 2019 3:51 PM

Frau's are so obsessively insecure, they come on here to see what we really think about them - then go eat a carton of ice cream and and stuff their faces with a bag of chips and dip.

by Anonymousreply 128March 30, 2019 3:55 PM

FRAUTRAGE!

by Anonymousreply 129March 30, 2019 4:00 PM

Well that would certainly seem to uphold that it's about power.

That many gay men feel like they are more competent than and smarter than these women, but because society favors heterosexuality and parents, the "fraus" are actually in positions of power, even though the gays, as men, feel that they should be the power position.

by Anonymousreply 130March 30, 2019 4:02 PM

R130, you are a bonafide frau. LGBTQ people simply having a place to chat amongst themselves isn't some "power" grab against straight entitled female heifers. Nice try with your gaslighting shit, take your fat ass and your frau drama elsewhere. People like you get criticized on here BECAUSE YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS AND INCONSIDERATE!

by Anonymousreply 131March 30, 2019 4:31 PM

R130, you do realize that LGBTQ encompasses men, women, trans and queer, don't you? Why are you specifically targeting gay men? - speaks more about you... Just because this site is a place for conversation among those who aren't straight, doesn't mean you're entitled to monopolize it with your drama and attention whoring, and perceived "superiority".

by Anonymousreply 132March 30, 2019 4:40 PM

[quote]肛門が飛び出しています。 = Anus has jumped out آپ کے پاس ایک تحریر مقعد ہے. = You have a written anal. What are trying to say, [R90]?

Your translation is completely off, keep trying! 😁 😂 🤣

by Anonymousreply 133March 30, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]No, we just hate frau's.

[quote]Fuck off frau's.

[quote]Frau's are so obsessively insecure

Frau's WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 134March 30, 2019 4:53 PM

R132, you do realize that if r130 had meant to say LGBTQ, he would highly likely have typed LGBTQ.

by Anonymousreply 135March 30, 2019 4:55 PM

What a silly juvenile repetitious thread.

DL was never this sad and pathetic, it used to be a fun message forum, with creative and funny posters. DL was also place where you could engage in any topic without all this incessant fighting and hate.

DL threads were always fun and always interesting, now it's just a bunch of tedious women haters. All these silly "let's be a frau at..." threads. WTF is wrong with you guys?

Believe me, straights do not care as much about you as you guys seem to care about them!

by Anonymousreply 136March 30, 2019 4:59 PM

^^FRAU!

by Anonymousreply 137March 30, 2019 5:01 PM

I like getting close to a frau and accidentally rubbing their soft and pliant flesh, like on the subway.

Like cats who knead their owner.

Frauttage

by Anonymousreply 138March 30, 2019 5:03 PM

Hot!

by Anonymousreply 139March 30, 2019 5:05 PM

It's valuable for fraus to learn that if they come to DL to excrete their usual frau crap, they are definitely not among friends. Also, by invading a gay site. they are by definition trolls and deserve nothing but contempt for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 140March 30, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]^^FRAU!

How original! You're as repetitious and pathetic as the uniformed GOP posters at YouTube and Yahoo.

by Anonymousreply 141March 30, 2019 5:19 PM

There’s been such an influx lately of straight women on here. And some of them have no problem saying, “but I’m a straight woman, so...” wherein a couple of years ago they would’ve been called out and blocked into oblivion. They would have no idea why people aren’t responding to their posts.

Nowadays, not so much. We need to go back and call them out.

by Anonymousreply 142March 30, 2019 5:19 PM

My co-worker teacher is a Frau who dresses her adopted children in Houston Astros t-shirts constantly to show her support of the team.

She made me hold her coffee tumbler yesterday because she dropped her keys, and on the side was the Frauiest script saying:

Live, Teach, Inspire!

Die Frauen!

by Anonymousreply 143March 30, 2019 5:21 PM

It's funny to see Fraus thinking they have more class than us queens. In fact, I love these Frau posts. The one about them digging through their purses in the checkout is a classic

by Anonymousreply 144March 30, 2019 5:22 PM

The receptionist at my doctor's office has blocks at her work station that spell out F-A-I-T-H.

by Anonymousreply 145March 30, 2019 5:24 PM

Is Rachel Ray an example of a FRAU or is she an example of a woman that FRAUS like or she both a FRAU herself and admired by other FRAUS?

by Anonymousreply 146March 30, 2019 5:39 PM

[quote]She made me hold her coffee tumbler yesterday

I hope you cradled it appropriately.

by Anonymousreply 147March 30, 2019 5:46 PM

Rachel Ray is a Millennial.

It is easy to confuse female Millennials with Fraus In Training, FITs

by Anonymousreply 148March 30, 2019 5:46 PM

Rachel Ray is 50 years old. She is not a Millenial she's Gen X.

by Anonymousreply 149March 30, 2019 5:48 PM

[quote]The receptionist at my doctor's office has blocks at her work station that spell out F-A-I-T-H.

Do you know if that’s her name? If it’s not, next time you should make it a point to call her faith. When she says, “my name is...” you should stare at those blocks suspiciously. Maybe say, “oh. I couldn’t imagine someone putting that up unless it was their name.”

Politely of course, since it is your doctor’s office and you’ll need to return, but it would be funny.

by Anonymousreply 150March 30, 2019 5:48 PM

You see plenty of fraus in Manhattan, and not just tourists. A lot of fraus from LI and NJ work in Midtown.

by Anonymousreply 151March 30, 2019 5:50 PM

Oprah's white female audience was WALL TO WALL FRAUS.

by Anonymousreply 152March 30, 2019 5:54 PM

MadTV skewered the Frau Audiences of Ellen, Oprah, Dr. Phil, The View, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Fraus do ruin everything they touch. It's nearly impossible to get most cubefraus to do anything at work. You've heard of working from home? Most cubefraus are homing from work.

by Anonymousreply 154March 30, 2019 6:09 PM

Women, aged 35-55, who are self-righteous and with a sense of entitlement. The vast majority of Frauen are Gen-Xers. That was the unanimous/collective definition from a prior DL Frau thread, one that I happen to think is most accurate.

Not every woman in that age group is a frau; most are, but some clearly are not. Maybe because the ones who are not, don't have (I know, bad grammar) that entitled air and immature attitude that defines them and so they don't come across as entitled, emotionally immature, self-centered, disrespectful, argumentative know-it-alls who think they are always right.

Most of the Real Housewives cast members are Frauen, as are the majority of their audiences. You could never convince me that the RH cast members and their loyal fans are emotionally mature and intelligent. They are quite the opposite = Frauen. Dr Phil and Oprah followers/fans tend to be Frauen as well, maybe with a few Millennials and Boomers in their loyal audiences. But almost all of their loyal fans are Frauen.

by Anonymousreply 155March 30, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote]Maybe because the ones who are not, don't have [bold](I know, bad grammar)[/bold]

Not from where I’m sitting.

by Anonymousreply 156March 30, 2019 6:28 PM

Thank you Grammar Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 157March 30, 2019 6:30 PM

I still remember one of my favorite Frau threads from maybe over a decade ago: Fraus at the throug. Ah, such a classic.

by Anonymousreply 158March 30, 2019 6:36 PM

R154 They feel entitled to pull that shit but if anyone else does it they will not hesitate to call them out with their childish name-calling. It's probably better for her coworkers that she is home and not physically in the workplace since they tend to create conflict and drama. Although, they can still accomplish that through texts and email. That, is, if they even bother to reply to you due to their terms & conditions, of course that everyone must respect.

by Anonymousreply 159March 30, 2019 6:45 PM

Combo of mom hate & wanting to be, envying fraus. It's for the bitter working out issues. Makes great threads though

by Anonymousreply 160March 30, 2019 6:48 PM

But DLers have a preoccupation with women in general that don't even other women share. Who but gay men has endless discussions about Suzanne Pleshette, or Mamie Eisenhower, or Blossom Dearie, or Jill Clayburgh?

by Anonymousreply 161March 30, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]You've heard of working from home? Most cubefraus are homing from work.

R154 I think you’ve nailed one of the main defining criteria for the cubefrau species. And they carry their “happy wife happy life” entitlement to the work environment.

by Anonymousreply 162March 30, 2019 8:13 PM

R161 I don't know who any of these people are...you an eldergay?

by Anonymousreply 163March 30, 2019 8:15 PM

[quote]But DLers have a preoccupation with women in general that don't even other women share.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 164March 30, 2019 8:17 PM

Agreed R161

I really don't know any guys who are as obsessed with women as so many DLers seem to be right down to their obsession with "fraus" which can be summed up as "You think you're better than me because you have a husband and kids! Well you're not, missy! I happen to know that pumpkin spice ANYTHING is day-class-say and I would never brag about shopping at Tar-zhay! So there!"

by Anonymousreply 165March 30, 2019 8:26 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if it's that: that these women have families and the hate comes from men who are lonely and bitter that some "fat, stupid cow" could seemingly be happy.

Imagine.

by Anonymousreply 166March 30, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]I really don't know any guys who are as obsessed with women as so many DLers seem to be

Have you ever even MET a straight guy? Or hung out with them?

by Anonymousreply 167March 30, 2019 8:38 PM

The very reason you're identified and labeled as a frau on here is because we know who you are - we're genuinely really not interested in you. Get over it already.

by Anonymousreply 168March 30, 2019 8:39 PM

LOL R167. They are obsesses with fucking women

DLers are obsessed with hating on on them or restyling their hair and wardrobes.

by Anonymousreply 169March 30, 2019 8:42 PM

The ostensible irony is that men who actually have relationships with women hardly ever discuss other women (i.e., those who don't play an immediate role in their lives, such as female celebrities and other public figures) at length in a non-sexual context. When I see threads here on DL about 1960s women's hairstyles or fashions or the appeal (or lack thereof) of Gisele Bundchen or Kate Moss, I hope for the sake of the posters in the thread that they're overwhelmingly female. It's embarrassing to think many of the posters might be male (but then the same is true for the Mendes and Chalamet threads).

by Anonymousreply 170March 30, 2019 8:44 PM

True that, R169!

by Anonymousreply 171March 30, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote]Who but gay men has endless discussions about Suzanne Pleshette, or Mamie Eisenhower, or Blossom Dearie, or Jill Clayburgh?

Ooh! I just orgasmed reading that list!

by Anonymousreply 172March 30, 2019 8:45 PM

How is that strange for a group of gay men, R170?

by Anonymousreply 173March 30, 2019 8:46 PM

R172, clean up, hun. We’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 174March 30, 2019 8:46 PM

It's very niche/eldergay, R173.

by Anonymousreply 175March 30, 2019 8:52 PM

Yeah, it’s definitely niche, I’ll grant you that. But I wouldn’t expect these types of threads on a baseball message board, or a board about NASCAR. On a site predominantly visited by gay men, though? Not that unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 176March 30, 2019 8:58 PM

Maybe because the current Fraulein's on DL are bitter,nasty and condescending slags with idealogy much like their closeted,bigoted bear husbands.

Its amazing that women (an i use the term loosely),invest so much time in petty catfight starting comments.Then get agitated when somebody"pulls their card".Alot of good threads have been ruined by these she-bastards.An for what,E-bullying is cowardly and very immature.

by Anonymousreply 177March 30, 2019 8:59 PM

>DLers are obsessed with restyling (fraus’) hair and wardrobes

Coming this fall to Datalounge TV: “From Frau To Wow,” a reality TV show in which a roving Van of Dataloungers abducts and makes over unsuspecting fraus. The non-consensual version of “Queer Eye.”

by Anonymousreply 178March 30, 2019 9:02 PM

LMAO @ r178!

W&W

by Anonymousreply 179March 30, 2019 9:05 PM

"Always True To You In My Fashion" by Blossom Dearie is on the October 2003 GAP In-Store Playlist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 30, 2019 9:09 PM

[quote]Most of the Real Housewives cast members are Frauen, as are the majority of their audiences. You could never convince me that the RH cast members and their loyal fans are emotionally mature and intelligent. They are quite the opposite = Frauen. Dr Phil and Oprah followers/fans tend to be Frauen as well, maybe with a few Millennials and Boomers in their loyal audiences. But almost all of their loyal fans are Frauen.

You mean like MOST gay men? Give me a fucking break! EVERYTHING you listed, a lot of gay me are into!

Frauen are surely not the only ones watching reality show crap, Dr. Phil and other trash TV. In fact, most of my gay male friends watch all that tripe, religiously. They also never stop talking about that wonky eyed idiot Andy Cohen.

These men are obsessed with 'real housewives' , women who are anything but housewives and that vile dumb KarTrashian family.

by Anonymousreply 181March 30, 2019 9:14 PM

Dear frauen, if straight men aren't interested in you, don't come seeking attention from gay men. Seriously, we're not interested in you, or your drama.

by Anonymousreply 182March 30, 2019 9:46 PM

[quote]These men are obsessed with 'real housewives' , women who are anything but housewives and that vile dumb KarTrashian family.

That is absolutely a class issue more than anything else. Neither I nor any of the gay men who I am friends with or associate with have any interest in that garbage.

by Anonymousreply 183March 30, 2019 10:18 PM

R161-In every other thread for months some dl queen would post a photo of Jill Clayburgh throwing up in Soho in An Unmarried Woman.

Obsession #2- Vivian Vance

by Anonymousreply 184March 30, 2019 10:24 PM

Obsession #3 - That red haired chick from 8 is Enough

Obsession #4 - The sad looking bitch with frizzy hair who was on Golden Girls for 30 seconds

by Anonymousreply 185March 30, 2019 10:31 PM

Vivian Vance was not a frau!

by Anonymousreply 186March 30, 2019 10:43 PM

Why is the frau at OP wearing sperm earrings?

by Anonymousreply 187March 30, 2019 10:44 PM

[quote]Dear frauen, if straight men aren't interested in you, don't come seeking attention from gay men. Seriously, we're not interested in you, or your drama.

Wait? You actually think frauen come to DL for validation and attention from gay men? 😀 😁 😂 🤣 😃 😄 😅 Boy, this just proves how fucking clueless most gay men are about straight women.

I have a few questions for you? Do these women come here and post homophobic bullshit? I don't seem to see many threads where the frauen are verbally attacking the gay men here, yet I see LOTS of attacks by MAGA hat wearing GOP assholes and Russian bots. Those morons are likely straight MEN.

I do think a lot of straight women come here to join the celebrity threads and other general interest threads, such as the product and medical threads. In fact, I don't even think the fraus got into the porn threads, if they did, you'd probably see lots of "ewww, how can you do anal, it looks so painful?" and stuff like that.

I think most of you bitter queens are way off base about the straight women who come to DL. I guess your seething hate has taken away any logic left in your meth addled brains!

by Anonymousreply 188March 31, 2019 12:19 AM

It's 3pm. R188 better stop working so she has time to water her African violets before she goes home.

by Anonymousreply 189March 31, 2019 12:21 AM

Gay men can't have anything to themselves. Women always show up.

by Anonymousreply 190March 31, 2019 12:21 AM

It's not just gay men. Women ruin it for EVERYONE. Even women hate other women.

by Anonymousreply 191March 31, 2019 12:23 AM

There are straight women who hang around gay men who are very cool. Usually the more sophisticated types, the ones who "get" gay men. The straight women who really irritate the hell out of me are the one who are trying to live out their Carrie Bradshaw fantasies and look at gay men as accessories. "I'm so fabulous! Look, the gays love me!" Those cunts can just go straight to hell.

by Anonymousreply 192March 31, 2019 12:27 AM

[quote]It's 3pm. [R188] better stop working so she has time to water her African violets before she goes home.

It isn't 3PM where I live, motherfucker, let alone a work day! What's the matter, the truth hurts? Oh yeah, I hate plants and children! I despise them.

Amazing how the DL haters can instantly 'read' someone through one or a few posts. Fucking hilarious!

Now let me 'read' you, shouldn't you be leaving for your Day's Inn hookup with a 'straight' man? Don't forget your meth, your ball gag and your leather mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 31, 2019 12:58 AM

The poster was specifically referring to Real Housewives, not reality TV in general. And Dr Phil and Oprah are not reality TV. Some gays are interested in *gay male* Andy Cohen and some reality TV shows but the Real Housewives audiences are mostly Frauen, not gay men. That's what that post was about.

And the women mentioned in an above post that gays supposedly start threads on are all celebrity women or wives of celebrity or public figures. It's the "celebrity" that draws gay men, not a frau obsession.

by Anonymousreply 194March 31, 2019 1:23 AM

did you really think I thought it was 3pm and a workday? A frau without her valium is a dangerous, hair triggered thing,

by Anonymousreply 195March 31, 2019 1:26 AM

[quote]Some gays are interested in *gay male* Andy Cohen and some reality TV shows but the Real Housewives audiences are mostly Frauen, not gay men. That's what that post was about.

Are you new here? The majority of those tedious reality show threads at DL are not started by straight women. So many men here obsess over the men are on those reality shows, you can easily figure those threads are not started by straight women. Unless these straight women are spending a lot of time and energy using creative writing to come across as gay men, who would bother?

Honestly, most of you are grasping at straws.

The guys in those threads were wondering about whether or not the 'housewives' grown sons or male assistants are gay. Straight women would not post incessantly about that stuff. Those reality shows are definitely gay men territory.

by Anonymousreply 196March 31, 2019 1:50 AM

[quote]I know you're busy but would you like to sign the card?

You're not even funny. Turn in your fucking gay card, pronto. You sound more like a frau than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 197March 31, 2019 1:52 AM

I think Vivian Vance qualifies as an inside joke, R184.

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Oprah, Dr. Phil or Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 198March 31, 2019 1:52 AM

Um. I was trying to sound like a frau. Seems like you heard it before. Now sign the fucking card Linda.

by Anonymousreply 199March 31, 2019 1:57 AM

Misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 200March 31, 2019 2:14 AM

[quote]Now let me 'read' you, shouldn't you be leaving for your Day's Inn hookup with a 'straight' man? Don't forget your meth, your ball gag and your leather mask.

Which raises the question: MyDough Burrous -- Frau or not a Frau?

by Anonymousreply 201March 31, 2019 2:16 AM

Does Sarah Huckabee Sanders count as a frau?

She's over 35 and looks like she wants to speak to managers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 31, 2019 2:18 AM

I don't know why straight women have to invade every gay male space, it's a tale as old as time. Lesbians are lucky that way.

by Anonymousreply 203March 31, 2019 2:21 AM

Love her or hate her Sarah is the manager.

by Anonymousreply 204March 31, 2019 2:28 AM

The manager of licking Trump's asshole maybe, R204

by Anonymousreply 205March 31, 2019 2:42 AM

That's because all these ninnies that are on this site are Fraus themselves.

by Anonymousreply 206March 31, 2019 2:50 AM

R193 is triggered....

by Anonymousreply 207March 31, 2019 2:50 AM

The Frau'bsession has nothing to do with how frequently they do or don't invade DL or have bachelorette parties at gay bars.

A sizable number of DLers are obsessed with the most boring and banal types of women which seems to be mostly a power thing, like the way rednecks are frequently the worst racists because at least they can lord it over the blacks.

by Anonymousreply 208March 31, 2019 2:56 AM

R41, are they really everywhere? Where do you see these Frauen? I wouldn’t count very many female New Yorkers as Frauen, especially here in HK. Sometimes, yes, you see Frau tourists lumbering up the stairs of the Hop On Hop Off bus, but do you really have to interact with them? (Maybe you work in hospitality?)

by Anonymousreply 209March 31, 2019 3:07 AM

The people insisting that no one on DL cares about frauen are crazy.

There are tons of threads where gays complain about some guy's plain or ugly wife, or about women looking trashy or not dressing up anymore or doing their hair wrong, and there are tons of regulars who have been insisting for OVER A DECADE that DL is the victim of a "frau invasion." There's hardly a thread where someone isn't accused of being a frau.

by Anonymousreply 210March 31, 2019 3:37 AM

Well for one, fraus are very sex negative and feel like they own this place. They F&F male nudity even though this is a gay male space. Fuck them!

by Anonymousreply 211March 31, 2019 3:39 AM

As a mom it infuriated me.

by Anonymousreply 212March 31, 2019 5:15 AM

You can see that in the threads on DL that are about people, approximately 50% of the time the subject is female. That must prove that DLers are obsessed with women. .

by Anonymousreply 213March 31, 2019 5:24 AM

OP = frau

by Anonymousreply 214March 31, 2019 5:24 AM

At least lezzies do not get invaded by straight men at lchat because they have nothing interesting and are humorless. I guess that makes them lucky in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 215March 31, 2019 5:25 AM

[Quote] At least lezzies do not get invaded by straight men at lchat because they have nothing interesting and are humorless. I guess that makes them lucky in that regard.

Lol what? If you so much as post anything less than negative about a man on that site, you're automatically accused of being a straight male. Same goes for if you get overly graphic when talking about sex or a woman's appearance.

by Anonymousreply 216March 31, 2019 5:28 AM

This is Alte Frau by Balthasar Denner (painted before 1721). She is sad her sex is so maligned. Observe the subtle sneer, like she smells something unpleasant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 31, 2019 5:30 AM

schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 218March 31, 2019 5:32 AM

R188, "You think fraus are actually obsessed that much with you gay guys? Ha!" - then comes here multiple times a day every day of the week trying to assert their fraudom.

by Anonymousreply 219March 31, 2019 5:37 AM

The simple fact the the OP frau even started this thread on this site is the epitome of fraudom.

by Anonymousreply 220March 31, 2019 5:40 AM

This thread is mommy issue central.

by Anonymousreply 221March 31, 2019 5:45 AM

R215, we've had plenty of DLers try to crash LChat over the years (the folks on the Z board tried it too, if I recall) and they don't fall for it, not like DLers, who are the most gullible people on earth apparently.

by Anonymousreply 222March 31, 2019 5:47 AM

R216 i am aware that they think that every troll in their mind is a straight man. I very much doubt they are and i have not visited that place in years. They can be as sexist or worse than datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 223March 31, 2019 5:57 AM

Won't somebody think of the children!

by Anonymousreply 224March 31, 2019 6:03 AM

[quote]R142 Nowadays, not so much. We need to go back and call them out.

You sound paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 225March 31, 2019 6:07 AM

[Quote] They can be as sexist or worse than datalounge.

Eh I'd say you guys are even. Same goes for LSA.

by Anonymousreply 226March 31, 2019 6:10 AM

Schadenfraude: the frautrage that “no fun allowed” people feel when they see DLers joking around about the frau stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 227March 31, 2019 6:16 AM

[quote]R143 She made me hold her coffee tumbler yesterday because she dropped her keys, and on the side was the Frauiest script saying:[italic] Live, Teach, Inspire! [/italic]Die Frauen!

That could practically be Miss Jean Brodie’s motto, and i’d hardly call her a frau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 31, 2019 6:17 AM

It makes no sense to use the German plural ("Frauen") in English and capitalize, and I say that as a German speaker. "Fraus" is funnier and makes more sense, since you're anglicizing the word.

by Anonymousreply 229March 31, 2019 9:14 AM

[quote] are they really everywhere? Where do you see these Frauen? I wouldn’t count very many female New Yorkers as Frauen, especially here in HK. Sometimes, yes, you see Frau tourists lumbering up the stairs of the Hop On Hop Off bus, but do you really have to interact with them? (Maybe you work in hospitality?)

Exactly R209

Fraus seems to be something that our working class Flyoverstani brethren encounter daily as they work in jobs where they are among the only men, and they come here to complain about them.

But like you, I only see them lumbering (great word choice) on and off those red tourist buses.

by Anonymousreply 230March 31, 2019 11:08 AM

They best part of this thread is that it reminded me that they used to be called “hausfraus” back when I started posting on DL. I had completely forgotten that.

by Anonymousreply 231March 31, 2019 1:07 PM

Madonna was a huge Frau. No class.

by Anonymousreply 232March 31, 2019 1:45 PM

Is frau specific to the US? I certainly recognise what a frau is but there always seems to be a few things 'off' when applied to women in, say, the UK.

by Anonymousreply 233March 31, 2019 1:52 PM

R221, I have a mother, and I love her and care about her. I'm also a gay man. I don't need clingy overly emotional straight women desperate for attention constantly non stop trying to question if I'm "really" gay because they can't get some dick in their lives. Straight women come on here and try to make it all about them, that's a frau. You're annoying.

by Anonymousreply 234March 31, 2019 2:02 PM

Fraus cannot accept the fact that gay men are not interested in them, emotionally, physically, or sexually, at all. Fraus are not desirable to gay men, get over it already. We're simply not interested in you. You're not going to "change"us.

by Anonymousreply 235March 31, 2019 2:05 PM

[quote] It makes no sense to use the German plural ("Frauen") in English and capitalize, and I say that as a German speaker. "Fraus" is funnier and makes more sense, since you're anglicizing the word.

In this case, Frau is an English "loan" word, so follows English rules when used in an English language situation: she was a typical frau, the place was overrun with fraus! Frauen is cute, but a bit show-offy.

Same goes for "panini" from Italian: I'll have a panini, no tomatoes, please; I didn't know what you wanted, so I just ordered couple of paninis.

R233 - from the books I've read, there seems to be British frau type. I recall a description of the actress playing Michelle in Eastenders years ago: the type who wears big boots and reads The Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 236March 31, 2019 2:35 PM

Whatever you might think of it, The Guardian is read by all kinds of people worldwide and as such is not really a social or cultural signifier. Considered left-of-centre in the UK but that's still not saying much.

For Brit fraus, look no further than old episodes of "Come Dine With Me" or watch "Loose Women," Britain's version of "The View."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 31, 2019 2:54 PM

gay men are men. men hate women.

by Anonymousreply 238March 31, 2019 2:59 PM

R29 That definition was posted by this user Fallen Angel Gabriel from when Vote for the Worst was still a thing. He was a huge douchebag, though.

by Anonymousreply 239March 31, 2019 3:09 PM

^ That was intended for R30.

by Anonymousreply 240March 31, 2019 3:09 PM

Some posters are confused. An obsession with Jill Cayburgh, Suzanne Pleshette, Mamie Eisnerhower and Patty Duke has nothing to do with fraus. In fact, celebration of broads like that has always been part of the gay community and still is. Granted the gaylings post YT videos about Ariana Grande and RiRi but still, we like women. One of the aspects of being a gay man I love is that a 25 year old gay man will know who Suzanne Pleshette is. Give me that over straight women who only know what they see on Facebook and straight men who can only discuss fantasy football. That’s what I come to DL for.

by Anonymousreply 241March 31, 2019 3:19 PM

Okay I had no idea that the pic at OP post was "the can I speak to a manager" hairstyle. This has to be the most hilarious and dead on thing I have seen on DL of late!

by Anonymousreply 242March 31, 2019 3:20 PM

The woman in Lucy and Ethel's social club were definitely FRAUS.

by Anonymousreply 243March 31, 2019 3:26 PM

I meant to write WOMEN not woman.

by Anonymousreply 244March 31, 2019 3:27 PM

14 Hairdos That Scream "Let Me Speak To Your Manager"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245March 31, 2019 3:45 PM

I’m just going to leave this here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 31, 2019 3:53 PM

The View-FRAUS FAV SHOW!

by Anonymousreply 247March 31, 2019 3:58 PM

I blame that Disney movie "Frauzen"

by Anonymousreply 248March 31, 2019 4:17 PM

I can't tell you what a frau is but I know one when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 249March 31, 2019 4:19 PM

ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 250March 31, 2019 4:21 PM

R249 So true!

by Anonymousreply 251March 31, 2019 4:24 PM

lmao at R30. I remember when there used to be a distinction between hausfraus and cubefraus. Now they have merged into one blob it seems

by Anonymousreply 252March 31, 2019 4:34 PM

R247 The women on The View (with the exception of Mooghan McCain) are too liberal for most fraus.

by Anonymousreply 253March 31, 2019 4:35 PM

The legendary Sows At the Trough thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 31, 2019 4:38 PM

Whoops, sorry! Here's the real Sows At the Trough thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 31, 2019 4:39 PM

This thread smells like fish.

by Anonymousreply 256March 31, 2019 4:58 PM

tastes like aloe vera.

by Anonymousreply 257March 31, 2019 5:33 PM

Gay men hate fraus because they take our men from us.

by Anonymousreply 258March 31, 2019 5:39 PM

Again frau does not mean woman. It’s a subset of women and the type of men they marry is not desired by gay men.

by Anonymousreply 259March 31, 2019 5:41 PM

Grow up, r215. Lesbians don't obsess over men the way gay men do over women. However, lesbians are not "lucky" to have straight men harass them in public and show interest in them when finding out they have been with women.

by Anonymousreply 260March 31, 2019 5:56 PM

Frau is the equivalent of f*g or n*gger. It's a slur.

by Anonymousreply 261March 31, 2019 5:59 PM

LOL R245 -- never realized that "Can I Speak To The Manager" was a meme outside of DL

Though TBH, I'm having trouble figuring out how most of those 14 hairstyles are different from each other. Seems like variations on a theme.

by Anonymousreply 262March 31, 2019 6:02 PM

And yet you can type frau but won’t type the f or n words!

by Anonymousreply 263March 31, 2019 6:02 PM

Frau is the linguistic equivalent of clitoris mutilation.

by Anonymousreply 264March 31, 2019 6:06 PM

[quote]She's over 35 and looks like she wants to speak to managers.

Have no idea about this freak and managers, but she sure is damn uglier than most men.

What a repulsive looking woman. I've seen more feminine looking drag queens!

by Anonymousreply 265March 31, 2019 6:42 PM

Unacquainted with the H-Beast, R265?

by Anonymousreply 266March 31, 2019 7:52 PM

Frau Hieroglyphics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267March 31, 2019 7:56 PM

R260 well, lesbians do obsess over men, i.e. straight men, but in the only nasty and victmless snow flake mentality they can. Similiar but not the same to how some gay men are not fond of str8 women. Source: LChat. Moreover, most lesbians are overweight/obese and unkempt for most straight men to go crazy like you are implying. Believe me that straight guys are not looking for lesbians. Bisexuals, yeah, but not lesbians. I knew a few and questions some of them on this topic.

by Anonymousreply 268March 31, 2019 11:02 PM

You will know that they are frauen by their fanfic.

See: the Supernatural fandom, the 50 Shades fandom, the Cody Fern fandom.

by Anonymousreply 269March 31, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote]Unacquainted with the H-Beast, [R265]?

Of course I know who she is. I said I had no idea about her and 'managers'.

I see that vile mannish Huckabeast on TV way too much, her tongue is always planted firmly up Trump's fetid asshole.

by Anonymousreply 270April 1, 2019 1:16 AM

I L O V E My L e e s a ! Y o u N E E D t h i s B A D !!! - frau

by Anonymousreply 271April 1, 2019 1:26 AM

I am a straight female, and slender/attractive. Not a "frau" by these definitions whatsoever. Carry on silly men/women .

by Anonymousreply 272April 1, 2019 1:33 AM

“Believe me that straight guys are not looking for lesbians. Bisexuals, yeah, but not lesbians. ”

Is there a soul in this world who thinks straight men look for lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 273April 1, 2019 1:41 AM

What would you know about straight guys, r268? In my experience, they're not very picky at all and are dumb and egotistical enough to think they can turn any lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 274April 1, 2019 1:48 AM

I see so much frau behavior every day.

A lot of it is what I call the "tee hee" behavior. It's when they do something they know they shouldn't, or make a mistake, and instead of taking responsibility, they do the geisha girl "tee hee" hand over the mouth shit.

Lots of that and a shrug when they cut you off in traffic. Or when 5 foot 1 and 120 lbs Frau almost runs you off the road because bitch can't drive a fucking Escalade. Oh Tee Hee! Oopsie!

I spent this afternoon shopping and between the drivers and the women who literally couldn't pay attention to anyone else in the store and kept bumping into us, I saw "tee hee" a million times. Tee hee, I've hit you again. Tee hee, I cut in front of you....accidentally of course! Tee! Hee!

I mean, just own that you're a self-involved, thoughtless fucking cunt and be done with it. THAT, I could almost respect.

by Anonymousreply 275April 1, 2019 2:25 AM

R275 That’s interesting. My brother has a boy and a girl and I’m already seeing the difference in how they are raising the girl vs the boy. I’ve also been infuriated by some women who try to bat their eyelashes or cry to escape being taken to task. But now seeing my brother interact with his 8 year old I can see how that behavior starts and how the parents encourage it.

And I accidentally cut someone off in traffic this morning. I don’t think there’s any good way to applogize for that. I’m still kicking myself for doing it because it’s a pet peeve of mine. I did lol at your description though, I was almost mowed down in a Walmart parking lot by a frau (complete with Kate Plus 8 hairdo) in a F 150 pickup truck and when she saw me and stopped reversing she put her hand over her mouth and tee-heed. My knuckles were white clutching my shopping cart and I thought I deserved a “Sorry” and a genuine wave, the tee-hee added insult to injury.

by Anonymousreply 276April 1, 2019 4:39 AM

[Quote] See: the Supernatural fandom, the 50 Shades fandom, the Cody Fern fandom.

Eh I wouldn't say the SPN fandom.

by Anonymousreply 277April 1, 2019 7:32 AM

The jr. fraus have hair extensions. They don't get the manager haircut until they go pro.

by Anonymousreply 278April 1, 2019 9:38 AM

If you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 279April 1, 2019 9:48 AM

Multi level marketing schemes are pure unadulterated frau bait. Even the fitness ones like Beachbody. Their conference was in Vegas one year when I was there and it was a sea of overweight 30-50 year olds bursting out of Lycra pants and clutching notebooks and water bottles with bible quotes on them.

by Anonymousreply 280April 1, 2019 11:42 AM

Jockey Person to Person is fraunip.

by Anonymousreply 281April 1, 2019 11:58 AM

The original and forever fraunip marketing scheme

(Nope, Tupperware doesn't count. It was actually useful to some degree)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 1, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote]I am a straight female

So WTF are you doing here? Do you always go places you’re not wanted?

Get the fuck outta here!

by Anonymousreply 283April 1, 2019 12:28 PM

My definition of a frau is the female walking onto a bus or into a subway car or onto an airplane that you immediately pray does not end up sitting next to you. I had to deal with a frau on an airplane with a baby, and she asked me to switch seats with her so her precious brat could see the lights outside the window. It was a red eye flight, and I wasn't planning on getting up, so I politely explained that I always choose a window seat on red eyes because I never get up. Needless to say, she hemmed and hawed all the way to the next stop. I was glad when she got off for the brief stop-over where those flying on were asked not to disembark.

by Anonymousreply 284April 2, 2019 12:46 PM

I will never understand where people get the balls to ask someone to switch seats. If you wanted a window seat you could’ve gotten one too, bitch. There’s more than one window in this plane.

by Anonymousreply 285April 2, 2019 1:22 PM

The true reason:

Because jealousy. Envy.

by Anonymousreply 286April 2, 2019 5:29 PM

R286. Oh sure. That’s just it: we’re jealous of the obnoxious, pushy bitch who doesn’t know it’s not about her. Kind of like how women always love it when some other bitch always shoves her way into *their* light, especially say - at their birthday party or their event.

Because fuck it all if they don’t love a gatecrasher wrecking their shit up. Woot! Cuz chick movies are all about girl power and getting their *own* shit ruined and loving every second of it, right?

by Anonymousreply 287April 3, 2019 1:45 AM

R261. Really? So roving gangs are chasing Fraus down with baseball bats, beating them to death? Setting them on fire?

Tell us more about how Frau is a slur, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 288April 3, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote] Really? So roving gangs are chasing Fraus down with baseball bats, beating them to death? Setting them on fire?

I guess you've never heard of violence against women. There's plenty of stories everyday about it in the news, so I'm surprised you haven't heard.

[quote]Tell us more about how Frau is a slur, you cunt.

I would love to, but you did a better job than me.

by Anonymousreply 289April 3, 2019 1:57 AM

Fraus aren't all women, but a particular subset of women. Fraus don't like lesbians either.

by Anonymousreply 290April 3, 2019 2:02 AM

R290 agree!

by Anonymousreply 291April 3, 2019 2:10 AM

"Why Are DLers Obsessed With "Fraus"?"

Because god forbid someone should disrespect their little penises.

by Anonymousreply 292April 3, 2019 2:13 AM

R289. No, please. You started this troll roll. Keep it up and explain how Frau compares with Fag and Nigger since you want to play Victim Bingo.

You want to play hand wave bullshit games, let’s hear it. You’re attempt at “oh there’s violence against women”. Sure.

There’s no gangs in this country chasing women down and beating them to do death for being women. You’re being a quintessential Frau by trying to pull the attention back onto yourself and boohooing yourself back to being the focus. You lack any empathy and understanding for what actual abuse is.

That’s why you’re a Frau, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 293April 3, 2019 2:48 AM

R293, well played. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 294April 3, 2019 2:56 AM

DL Queens what do you think of the BABY BOOMER FRAUS who drool over Mick Jagger. Jeez. He's scrawny and BUTTLESS.

by Anonymousreply 295April 3, 2019 3:06 AM

Thanks for proving my point, r293. Your misogyny is oozing from every pore.

by Anonymousreply 296April 3, 2019 3:16 AM

R296 is completely right.

by Anonymousreply 297April 3, 2019 3:21 AM

Fraus are women that behave like straight men but "as women". Analyze everyone but themselves and they can never of course be wrong and they must always, always, always "fit in".

by Anonymousreply 298April 3, 2019 3:26 AM

Oh, and they ALL drive or wish they were driving an SUV, as mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 299April 3, 2019 3:26 AM

R299, A Hyundai Santa Fe for sure

by Anonymousreply 300April 3, 2019 3:30 AM

I am a DLer and I am not obsessed with Fraus.

All women are not Fraus anyway. There are many cool women out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 3, 2019 3:34 AM

I agree with upthread that fraus (or frauen) are a subculture of women. And they are between the ages of 35-55. Most Baby-Boomer women are grandmothers, the youngest are around 59/60 and are not in that 35-55 yr old age group.

Fraus not only hate the generations on BOTH sides of them, they are the only generation that is that way.

Most fraus won't even make eye contact with Baby-Boomer women unless they are in a position/job where they have no other choice. The typical fraus' mother, many of whom are Baby-Boomers, complain that they feel like they are walking on eggshells whenever they are around their adult daughter. It's not just their coworkers and cube-mates who suffer from their emotional immaturity and narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 302April 3, 2019 3:51 AM

Afraucan American women are the worst. They love being around gay men, infest everywhere they are, try to act like gay men, yet they HATE gay me.

by Anonymousreply 303April 3, 2019 10:02 AM

Some fraus are great. They really know how to play "Peek a boo!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 3, 2019 6:44 PM

fatfrau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 3, 2019 7:27 PM

Ew. Stop that!

by Anonymousreply 306April 4, 2019 2:08 AM

[Quote] Hermoine Gingold

What a name lol

by Anonymousreply 307April 4, 2019 3:25 AM

COULD YOU PLEASE WATCH YOUR MOUTH? THERE'S CHILDREN HERE!

by Anonymousreply 308April 4, 2019 3:32 AM

R295: I once knew a "frau-adjacent" type (we called them "cows" back then) who would say that she'd give 20 years of her life for one night with Mick. (not sure she'd feel that way now).

by Anonymousreply 309April 4, 2019 5:08 AM

WASPY Fraus are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 310April 8, 2019 1:46 AM

Because they are what we secretly strive for.

by Anonymousreply 311May 20, 2019 12:51 AM

Not me, R311. No interest in scented candles, nor pillows emblazoned LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE.

by Anonymousreply 312May 21, 2019 9:33 PM

I have a gay male scented candle. It's called Black Tuxedo and smells like cologne.

by Anonymousreply 313May 21, 2019 10:09 PM

"Frau" is what the deluded gays of the site screech at anyone (usually another gay man) who dares to point out that the straight actor/singer that the screechy gay covets and deludedly insists is gay is actually straight. The screechy gay can't accept that the actor is not assumed to be gay by all gays so accuses detractors of being fraus who have flooded the board to protest any claims that the actor is gay.

by Anonymousreply 314May 21, 2019 10:17 PM

So the suburban frau 4th of July picnic thread has piqued my curiosity again.

Why ARE so many of you obsessed with boring middle aged, middle class women in Flyoverstan?

Do you see them as competition? The person you'd never have let yourself become if you were a woman?

Is it that because you're gay they talk to you about scented candles and Live Laugh Love posters and all that?

Is it that you have more interests in common with them--dinner parties, home decorating , fashion--than you do with other men, but they have completely different taste than you do?

I don't mean to be snarky, but it's sort of baffling to me as I've never given much thought to married women I'm not related to.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 315July 3, 2019 1:51 PM

Not obsessed, but I find the type irritating. Not the nice ones. The ones who are annoyingly sure of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 316July 3, 2019 1:54 PM

R313 White trash aspirational. GAY white trash aspirational, that is.

by Anonymousreply 317July 3, 2019 2:09 PM

When I think of fraus—something I never considered as a class before DL—I am brought back to the accounting department at the ad agency I worked at in Seattle 40 years ago. Ginny WAS employed there, in the billing section. She was such a bitch when it came to doling out petty cash, I decided it was named "petty" cash at our agency, however many years earlier.

by Anonymousreply 318July 3, 2019 2:14 PM

Shitty clitty

by Anonymousreply 319July 3, 2019 4:02 PM

[quote]By DL definition, fraus are frumpy middle-aged, middle-class, middle-American women whose lives are boring and empty AF.

No, they're women who live under their husbands and whose lives focus solely on their family. They likely don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 320July 3, 2019 4:05 PM

Not sure I'm seeing the distinction R320

by Anonymousreply 321July 3, 2019 4:30 PM
by Anonymousreply 322July 4, 2019 12:18 AM

R7 Too fucking right! I know a few gays who fit this to a T!! Damn. I just figured this is how most people in first world countries behave. Especially when we reach middle age and have settled down. 😂

by Anonymousreply 323July 4, 2019 12:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!