Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matthew Fox Returns To Series TV

He’s got a series commitment from the pilot, which means it is a go.

In Kaelyn’s Second Chance, Fox plays Chicago’s first rookie trans police officer who goes to medical school. While facing life’s daily challenges, from mastermind criminals to discrimination in the workforce to studying for the boards, Kaelyn handles it with grace and style - she just wants to get through the day without breaking a nail. Scott Wolf has been cast as her oft put-upon husband, Braedan, the chief medical officer at Chicago Pride Children’s Hospital. Fox is repped by Zero Gravity Management and attorney Stephen Barnes.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2019 10:01 PM

Matthew Fox is set as the (fe)male lead opposite Scott Wolf in the comedy/drama pilot Kaelyn’s Second Chance. Fox also will serve as an executive producer on the project from Sony Pictures TV and Apple TV Studios.

Related 'Super Simple Love Story': Ronny Chieng & Susan Wokoma Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot

This marks Fox’s first comedy series gig and his return to TV where she starred on the drama series Lost.

Written by Brendan O’Brien and directed by James Burrows, Kaelyn’s Second Chance centers on a devoted rookie police officer, Kaelyn (Fox), and her husband, Braedan (Wolf), who are committed to raising their children with the love and support Kaelyn never got as a kid but discover how difficult that is with her transition, insane parents, and studying for medical school.

Fox’s Kaelyn tries her best to be a laid-back, progressive parent like her Chief of Staff husband, but often finds herself reverting to the old school style of her parents. Now that she’s moved back into her childhood home, surrounded by her parents and crazy siblings (Josh Charles and Christina Applegate), finding a balance between these wildly different parenting styles while chasing down criminals as a police officer is going to be more difficult than she ever imagined. But through heart and grace, Kaelyn always comes out on top and without ever breaking a nail.

O’Brien and Fox executive produces with Nick Stoller and Conor Welch. Fox is repped by Zero Gravity Management and attorney Stephen Barnes. Wolf is repped by CNY.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2019 8:03 AM

You're three days too early.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2019 8:18 AM

I always wanted Bailey and Charlie to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2019 8:18 AM

Brendan O’Brien? The record producer behind Pearl Jam’s “Vs.” and Stone Temple Pilots’ “Purple”? Is this real?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2019 8:27 AM

Like there’s only one Brendan O’Brien in the business?

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2019 8:29 AM

James Burrows, King of Comedy; very hard-working man. Matthew Fox sure takes on big challenges as well; Lost was enormous, I think he wasn't that much into it, and I guess isn't that much into his work, but great lead and great straight man to quirkier and/or less stable main stars.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2019 8:29 AM

I can see "Second Chance' on IMDB but can't see anything about Matthew Fox playing a transvestite police officer.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2019 8:42 AM

This one is called Kaelyn’s Second Chance, r7. It's not on IMDB yet.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2019 8:45 AM

My God, he’s not playing a transvestite, R7. How ignorant are you?

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2019 8:56 AM

What great news on this International Transgender Day Of Visibility. Finally a reason to sign up for Apple’s new streaming service.

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2019 3:11 AM

Barf. This sounds cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2019 3:15 AM

The transgender community is not going to like the fact they aren't using a transgender woman for the part.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2019 3:16 AM

They aren’t using a real transgender for Matt Damon Wayon’s new transgender show either.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2019 3:18 AM

This sounds like a fucking April fools joke. Who the hell would want to watch a tranny main character? And could the MULTIPLE references to preserving xer womanly nails be any more 1950s? What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2019 3:27 AM

It says he is trans. But is he playing a trans man or a trans woman.

Was he once a woman who is now a trans man? So Fox will play a dude without a penis?

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2019 3:31 AM

OP, Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2019 3:31 AM

Yeah, okay. I guess "Cop who goes to medical school" should have tipped me off.

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2019 3:35 AM

It's not April Fools day yet

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2019 3:37 AM

This thread will probably disappear, just as the one about Harvey Feirstein playing Bella Abzug did.

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2019 3:40 AM

Original title was "Foxy Lady"

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2019 3:48 AM

YES R3! And then they can do a round 2 spit roast on me with their sloppy dicks! Bailey up front, Charlie bring up the rear!

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2019 4:44 AM

Fox is 52 years old, the days of playing a rookie cop are long behind him. The premise is too absurd to be real, and anyone who’s read his interviews knows that he’d never work with Scott Wolf again, this is obviously a joke. Please try to make it a bit more believable the next time you make up a story like this.

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote]anyone who’s read his interviews knows that he’d never work with Scott Wolf again

Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2019 5:29 PM

When I saw the topic, my first thought was "Jesus, how can this guy get a job in HW?" Remember he's a drunk who beat up the female tram operator in Cleveland? And he's reputed to have violence issues with women per Dominic Monoghan...

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2019 5:38 PM

I think she's tremendous and also ripped off my name.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2019 5:44 PM

Is this just an early April Fools joke?

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2019 5:45 PM

Yes it's a joke.

Matthew Fox used to be so hot. Then I heard the abuse rumors and he got too much sun and grew old fast.

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2019 5:47 PM

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing Matt in drag.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2019 5:53 PM

Deadline Hollywood recently posted an article stating that he’s fielding multiple offers from casting agents right now, he’s in high demand, so that actually added legitimacy to this story for me for about 1 second, until I read the description! No way in hell is that a real show.

Deadline Hollywood article https://deadline.com/2019/02/pilot-season-2019-actors-hot-list-carrie-coon-malin-akerman-lizzy-caplan-santiago-cabrera-morena-baccarin-1202548513/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2019 6:03 PM

Thanks, r29. I will try a show because Josh Charles is starring in it. Not so with Foxy.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2019 6:06 PM

[quote]Fox is 52 years old, the days of playing a rookie cop are long behind him.

Huh, news to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2019 10:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!