Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Homicidal" and the Original Lilly Munster Joan Marshall

She died at such a young age - 61 in Jamaica. No one knows for sure how she died. There was a rumor it was AIDS, but Wikipedia says:

[quote]I have a hunch that some idiot confused her with "Joseph Marshall" a dancer who did die of AIDS as per this article (EW link) Joan Marshall did NOT die of AIDS. There is no credible source for her cause of death.

Still would be interesting to figure out what she died of. Even Reddit was trying to find out a few years ago. She was a really great actress who never really took off career-wise but worked quite a bit. "Homicidal" will remain a camp classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2019 1:37 AM

[quote] Original Lilly Munster Joan Marshall

How so, was she in the pilot and later replaced by Yvonne De Carlo?

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote]How so, was she in the pilot and later replaced by Yvonne De Carlo?

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2019 7:05 PM

It's LILY - with one L - Munster.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2019 7:13 PM

God needed another angel. Its the only explanation...

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2019 7:26 PM

They let the original Lily Munster go from the first pilot because she looked too much like Mortician (black hair, dressed in black) from The Addams Family.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2019 7:45 PM

[quote]It's LILY - with one L - Munster.

Actually, as per the opening credits, her name was PHOEBE, not Lily.

And why was the pilot in color, when the series was in B&W?

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2019 10:46 PM

I watched the pilot.

Yvonne DeCarlo she won't.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2019 11:18 PM

WHET Happy Derman?

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2019 11:56 PM

I just watched Homicidal the other day. Its on the flip side of straight jacket, the joan crawford flick I got from netflix. It is campy. She was interesting. I googled her but not really all that much info on line. I think I remember she was married quite a few times.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2019 1:15 AM

Wow, I had no idea about the original cast. Really makes you appreciate Yvonne and that swinging theme song.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2019 1:22 AM

She worked as Barbra's personal assistant on A STAR IS BORN. That probably took a few years off her life.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2019 1:24 AM

Hal Ashby was one of her husbands.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2019 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!