Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ASMR - This is a thing?

The hell you say.

Rather than soothing or relaxing, I find most of those people irritating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2020 12:20 AM

I like it when people dance by themselves

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2019 5:05 PM

For OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2019 5:10 PM

This has been a thing for a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2019 5:13 PM

They say the first example of ASMR -even before it was called that- was Bob Ross and his painting show:

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2019 5:20 PM

It’s so 2017

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2019 5:21 PM

4 OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2019 2:03 PM

shhhh.

by Anonymousreply 7December 12, 2019 2:05 PM

Hipper than thou art rock trans Sophie did it to music 2 years ago. I liked it, I really really liked it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 12, 2019 2:10 PM

Like so much of those “help to sleep aids”, it has the opposite effect. Trying to sleep when someone is talking is impossible for me. Add a bizarre, creepy whispering voice and not only does it keep me up, it creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 9December 12, 2019 2:23 PM

I used to hate them but they’ve grown on me.

by Anonymousreply 10December 12, 2019 3:12 PM

R9. ASMR isn’t mostly about putting you to sleep, although it can help with relaxation. The point is for it to trigger this response, or “tingles”. It’s like a brain orgasm. I’ve gotten them sporadically, depending on the stimulus. Fred (below) has a big following. There are worse things than having a cute guy whispering in your ear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 12, 2019 3:51 PM

ASMR has been huge for years. By 2014, everyone was talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2020 11:57 PM

These people have had a rabid following of believers for years. They are along the same lines as the Trump cult.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2020 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!