Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LINE OF DUTY

The internal affairs trio at AC-12 are back for Season 5! Or Series 5 as it is called in the UK!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 26, 2020 2:54 PM

LOVE this show!!

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2019 3:54 AM

Trailer! Notice it is marketed as BY THE MAKERS OF THE BODYGUARD! Also tiny Martin Compston is shirtless and hairy, if that appeals to anyone. And for the lezzies, Vicky McClure again models the boycut.

Adrian Dunbar as Hastings turns out to be the head crook in charge I may cry.

I’m not a fan of Thandie Newton - she’s lucky she’s so pretty - so Season 4 was a bit of a letdown. But I loved the first three series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2019 10:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2019 1:18 PM

“Am I the bad guy now?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2019 6:32 AM

Absolutely cannot wait for this. Have binged the first four series in preparation. Had forgotten how completely amazing it was. I think series two which introduced Keeley Hawes' character was my favourite.

It was proper headline television here in the UK. Parts of it have been so controversial it's made the front page of newspapers.

#TedIsNotBent

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2019 6:22 PM

Four minutes in and Hastings has already said "Mother of God"

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2019 8:29 PM

OK so they've really laid it on thick with the first ep. We've got a bent copper who was a good guy in an earlier series and an undercover cop who's the last one you'd have suspected.

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2019 9:07 PM

Martin Compston was fully nude in a movie once, small but perfectly formed.

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2019 9:40 PM

This first ep didn’t suck me in like last season’s premiere did. I kove Stephen Graham though.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2019 12:57 AM

It's definitely starting with it's usual stunts.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2019 9:04 AM

R2, Season 4 was the shit!!! Thandiwe(her full name) was amazing! Her character was EVERYTHING! I had to rewatch season 4 because I loved it so much.

Twitter was taking the piss out of all the jargons and acronyms being used in the first episode of season 5.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2019 9:44 AM

Series 2 and 3 were the best. Keeley Hawes' character was brilliant. Both guilty and innocent and she went through fucking hell.

Her character arc was front page news here in the UK. People couldn't believe what she was put through.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2019 9:50 AM

I agree with r12. Her character also had a depth, and was really interesting. Which was in sharp contrast to the main characters. It is really strange to watch a gripping show, with such dull leads.

by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2019 9:58 AM

Wait, so did Steve lose his promotion to Kate for being physically disabled?

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2019 12:05 PM

They've both been promoted haven't they?

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2019 4:47 PM

He called her ma'am in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2019 5:12 PM

Hmmm. Hastings said he was putting Arnott up for the promotion last series over Fleming as he'd been around longer, but Hastings also called her by the more senior rank in Ep1. I don't think they'd get away with not promoting him because he'd got injured in the line of duty (literally).

But it does seem like a bit of a plot hole or that it hasn't been explained properly. If they'd overlooked him for promotion because he was in a wheelchair the SJWs would go mental.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2019 5:21 PM

Don't you have to go before a board to get a promotion? there is definitely a process. We don't know how long he was off work for. You can't really promote someone if they're on sick leave I assume. I'm sure recovering was also his priority. Maybe now he's back they'll start the process for him, or maybe Hastings needed a second in command and couldn't really wait? I imagine if the latter had happened Steve would have been given assurances on his own promotion soon.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2019 5:27 PM

Overlooking someone for promotion because they're in a wheelchair (a wheelchair he was put in by an injury sustained at work) would be a HR minefield here in the UK.

If that is what's supposed to have happened it's amusing it hasn't been picked up yet by social media. I'm hoping we've missed something and they've both been promoted or it turns out he refused to be considered for the promotion because he was off sick.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2019 5:33 PM

Are they doing that annoying thing again when they go to start a tape recorder that it makes that loud buzzing sound? That is very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2019 5:38 PM

We need to get twitter involved in this obvious case of workplace discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]If they'd overlooked him for promotion because he was in a wheelchair the SJWs would go mental.

It’s not “the SJWs” (spare us, please, for one thread of your right-wing dog whistles) it’s a very basic anti-discrimination right. He would be well within his rights to take industrial action if his promotion was taken away because he was in a wheelchair. And obviously the writer Jed Mercurio knows this.

It’s important to note that in her scramble to blame everyone but herself for the hole she dug herself into last season, Thandie The Twat tried to paint Hastings as a sexist due to his Scottish habit of calling people “darling” and his promotion of Steve rather than Kate.

So is Hastings covering his ass for some other reason?

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2019 12:18 AM

R22 Good point but Hastings is Northern Irish, not Scottish.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2019 12:20 AM

R22 I wasn't being serious when I mentioned 'SJWs'.

I'm a Brit working in HR who's half-heartedly suggested a plot hole. Your post agrees with me, so I'm not sure what your point is.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2019 1:03 AM

I'm enjoying the new season. It is really keeping me guessing.

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2019 2:13 AM

Will this be shown on BBCAmerica? They stopped showing cop, thriller and mystery shows years ago. Now their 'big hit' is "Killing Eve". Not much else going on there, unless you want to see Star Trek repeats with Patrick Stewart.

Years ago, I was waiting for the new season of "Silent Witness", that never happened.

Without giving a reason, BBCAmerica also unceremoniously dumped "Eastenders". One week it was the there, the next, it was gone.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2019 2:31 AM

I still can't believe Hastings kept his job after Dot was finally busted. I know it's TV but there's no way he'd have stayed on and the department wouldn't have been investigated inside out.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2019 3:45 AM

I watched it on Acorn TV in America. I wonder when this season will be on?

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2019 4:58 AM

Why, r27?

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2019 5:43 PM

Loved Martin Compson in Monarch of the Glen.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2019 5:44 PM

Too bad he's not very good in this.

by Anonymousreply 31April 19, 2019 7:10 AM

Potential spoiler alert.... . . . My husband just noticed on last night’s episode that when Hastings joined that computer chat he mispelled definitely as “definately”. This same typo was made in the earlier chat conversations, confirming he is - as Corbett has been saying all along - a bent copper.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2019 1:27 AM

Or confirming that he was accurately impersonating the bent copper in ways that had already been identified from previous chats and that the writer knew the audience would pick up on R32?

This has been discussed extensively on the guardian discussion board - I'm of the opinion that Mecurio wants us to think that Hastings is H and that he ordered the killing of Corbett through the online chat last night, which means that almost certainly isn't what is happening - there's going to be a lot of reveals in the last two episodes I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2019 2:06 PM

Stephen Graham: the Line of Duty star whose crackling charisma brought series 5 to life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2019 3:38 AM

Line of Duty star Stephen Graham reveals he "couldn't get a job" after This Is England role

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2019 3:38 AM

His solid acting work also includes two fine screen portrayals of infamous gangsters, Baby Face Nelson in Public Enemies (2009) and Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire (2010).

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2019 3:39 AM

Is it surprising that I have a real crush on Stephen Graham now? Anybody with me?

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2019 6:26 PM

Stephen Graham was also in in a show called Accused where he had a doomed relationship with a trans Sean Bean. He's a cute little guy and I'm not surprised he spooked people after This Is London. He was fucking scary.

by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2019 6:53 PM

R37 find him very cute.

by Anonymousreply 39April 28, 2019 6:04 AM

I *

by Anonymousreply 40April 28, 2019 9:25 AM

Duty Calls: What next for Stephen Graham, Britain’s most magnetic actor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2019 8:44 AM

^ Oscar nomination for Scorsese's Irishman

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2019 12:38 PM

Compston's chest will probably be trimmed and waxed down to the follicles.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2019 10:52 AM

Martin Compston lives in Las Vegas. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2019 6:30 PM

Stephen Graham is also in a show written by Season 1’s Lennie James.

by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2019 10:10 AM

R44, Daily Fail had pap pictures of Martin and his wife shopping at a supermarket in Las Vegas. I thought they were on holiday, then to find out that’s where they reside. He says he’s quite happy living in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 46May 17, 2019 10:16 AM

Also, I’m suffering from Line of Duty withdrawal...I didn’t know what to watch last Sunday at 9 o’clock.

by Anonymousreply 47May 17, 2019 10:17 AM

Wait so who is H?

by Anonymousreply 48May 17, 2019 10:45 AM

I fucking loathe Anne Maxwell Martin. I may have to give this series a miss.

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2019 1:11 PM

Anna. I can't even spell her name she disgusts me so.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2019 1:11 PM

I love line of Duty, but season 5 is really a slog. I could not get through it.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2019 1:58 PM

Tell me who H is now, r51, so I don't have to watch it all.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2019 4:22 PM

Any fans of Stephen Graham should check out the Shane Meadows series The Virtues.

It was on Channel 4 here recently. It's grim as fuck but an absolute acting masterclass by Graham. Actually the entire cast is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2019 4:35 PM

R52, I could not get through it. So no idea.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2019 4:54 PM

What was the deal with Kate's promotion and Steve's demotion?

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2019 7:40 PM

Is this the show that had the guy who played Morgan from the Walking Dead in the first series? If so, i tried watching it but it seemed so ludicrous. I actually laughed when the police raid the apartment in the first ep and shoot someone and then discover it’s the wrong flat because one of the numbers on the front door is ajar! 😂

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2019 8:13 PM

I agree with r51. Loved the earlier seasons but this one was a chore. It was hard to sympathize with the Stephen Graham character most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2019 8:32 PM

Yes r56, they investigate a different crooked cop each season.

1. Lennie James

2. Keeley Hawes

3. Daniel Mays

4. Thandie Newton

5. Stephen Graham

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2019 8:56 PM

"I love line of Duty, but season 5 is really a slog.."

Line of Dooty

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2019 9:01 PM

Re: Stephen Graham - I would. And how.

by Anonymousreply 60June 29, 2019 7:31 AM

I was disappointed in the new season...and I always knew that....

SPOILER, BITCHES

Polly Walker's character was involved in the cover up

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2019 12:49 AM

Is Hastings evil?

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2019 3:51 PM

Stephen Graham is a sexy midget.

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2019 3:00 PM

Just binge watched 5 seasons and LOVED it! You really have to pay attention to the dialogue to make sure you don't miss anything important.

Season 6 won't be released until 2021 because they were only 4 weeks into filming it when they had to stop due to Covid-19. Not sure I can wait that long.

R49 - Anne Maxwell Martin gets totally humiliated and then put back in her box in the final episode of Season 5 so it's worth watching for that.

by Anonymousreply 64June 26, 2020 9:57 AM

I'd not heard of this series before. Seasons 1-4 are available on Amazon Prime (free), so this is my next binge.

by Anonymousreply 65June 26, 2020 11:58 AM

I tried watching it on Netfilix I believe. First episode season one was pretty bad. Haven't watched anything more.

by Anonymousreply 66June 26, 2020 2:10 PM

You won't regret it R65. My recommendation is to watch with the English subtitles on.

Sorry you didn't like it on the Netfilix R66. You're probably better off watching one of the Real Housewife's of series instead. More your level.

by Anonymousreply 67June 26, 2020 2:40 PM

R67 Seeing that you had such a mature response. I will take your future recommendations with much more seriousness.

by Anonymousreply 68June 26, 2020 2:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!