Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

๐˜ฝ๐™๐™€๐˜ผ๐™†๐™„๐™‰๐™‚: All Charges Against Jussie Smollett Have Been ๐——๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—ฃ๐—ฃ๐—˜๐——

3/26/19 8:11 AM PDT

53 Jussie Smollett will not be prosecuted for allegedly faking a racial attack, because all charges have been dropped!!!

Jussie and his lawyers ran to court Tuesday morning in Chicago, where he was facing 16 felony counts of lying to police in the alleged racial and homophobic attack.

Jussie will surrender his $10,000 bond. We're told he has agreed to perform community service. But that's it. The case is over.

Jussie's lawyers say, "Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by 2 people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public, causing an inappropriate rush to judgment."

The lawyers go on ... "Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong.

A source close to Jussie says the prosecution's case "disintegrated." As we reported, there were issues with the $3,500 check the 2 brothers received from Jussie. The Police Superintendent had said the money was payment for the fake attack, but it appears it was actually for physical training.

The Police Superintendent also said during a news conference that Jussie wrote that threatening letter 6 days before the attack when in actuality the FBI had not concluded who wrote the letter.

story developing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 28, 2019 4:38 AM

He was always innocent. Stop trusting to lynch famous black men like Jussie, MJ, OJ etc.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2019 3:20 PM

Ugh fuck. I wanted this fucker to do time. He probably doesn't give a fuck that people have been maimed and killed due to actual hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2019 3:20 PM

This whole thing is insane.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2019 3:23 PM

R1, who faked the attack?

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2019 3:23 PM

so it was a false false report? I don't think so......follow the money.....someone got paid off.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2019 3:23 PM

Prayers answers! Power to my brotha, Jussie! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2019 3:23 PM

Prayers answered

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2019 3:24 PM

Was this another case of the cops fucking up a case, like they did with OJ?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2019 3:24 PM

Yay, back on Empire for next season!

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2019 3:24 PM

NO PEACE NO JUSSIE!!!

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2019 3:24 PM

This is the official thread.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2019 3:24 PM

R1 has got to be trolling. No one includes OJ in a list of innocent black men.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2019 3:24 PM

After reviewing details and evidence, the state says #JussieSmollettโ€™s work in the community is why they are axing the case. @fox32news

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2019 3:26 PM

Yeah I laughed at r1. I hope that was sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2019 3:27 PM

BREAKING: Charges to be dropped and record wiped clean in the case involving embattled โ€œEmpireโ€ actor Jussie Smollet, Jussie Smollettโ€™s attorneys confirm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2019 3:27 PM

What the fuck? I didn't really need to see him do jail time, but there should have been some punishment.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2019 3:27 PM

He going to have to do community service r16.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2019 3:28 PM

BREAKING: Jussie Smollett's lawyer confirm "all criminal charges against him were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him."

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2019 3:28 PM

It was obvious he was never going to do jail time, and yes I was saying this on the other threads.

R16, there is some suggestion he has โ€œalreadyโ€ done this and thatโ€™s part of the rationale for dropping the charges.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2019 3:29 PM

Jussie Smollett had been accused of staging a hate crime and filing a false police report.

"He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator," his attorneys said.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2019 3:29 PM

I knew it.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2019 3:29 PM

I wonder if people are going to write think pieces about the think pieces that they wrote about their think pieces about Jussie Smollett...

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2019 3:30 PM

Will the police continue to look for the MAGA hat wearing white man who beat Jussie? The streets won't be safe until they find him.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2019 3:30 PM

Iโ€™m mad. He needs to be behind bars!

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2019 3:30 PM

[quote]He going to have to do community service

Why does he have to do community service if, as his lawyer says, his record is clean?

Was he attacked or not?

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2019 3:31 PM

R5 is correct. Follow the money.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2019 3:31 PM

if this is confirmed, there need to be serious questions about whether the chicago police force have deliberately conspired, alongside parts of the media and politicians including the president of the united states, to smear a beloved powerful black gay man

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2019 3:32 PM

There is no MAGA man, R23. People apparently don't understand what is happening here.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2019 3:32 PM

WTF. He did all this, you can see it from space? why this now?

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2019 3:33 PM

R5 and R26

I don't know where to look. What is the money path?

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2019 3:34 PM

He is guilty and I knew this would be make to do away.

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2019 3:34 PM

[Quote]Why does he have to do community service if, as his lawyer says, his record is clean?

It could be part of the agreement with the ADA, do some community service and we will drop the charges. Those type of deals are common.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2019 3:35 PM

Wow, the news lately is completely upside down.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2019 3:35 PM

[R28] It's called sarcasm. I know what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2019 3:36 PM

I be confused.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2019 3:37 PM

I never know what to think about situations like this, something seemed fishy with the original report of the attack on Smollett, but I also didn't completely believe that story from the Nigerian brothers and now this is the strangest part of it all. It makes me never want to trust anyone.

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2019 3:37 PM

His record has been wiped clean and it proves he was innocent all along. I guess all the doubters can start their apologies now.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2019 3:37 PM

Oh, the irony at r34.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2019 3:37 PM

LOL, R37. You are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2019 3:38 PM

[quote]His record has been wiped clean and it proves he was innocent all along.

Again, if he's innocent, why does he have to perform community service?

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2019 3:39 PM

I honestly can't tell if posts like r37 are meant to be sarcasm or not.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2019 3:39 PM

Why are people celebrating when he got community service? A completely innocent person would never have agreed to that.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2019 3:39 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray to Speak on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation at 12:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2019 3:39 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2019 3:39 PM

And this is exactly why I'm not condemning Michael Avenatti until I know all the facts.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2019 3:40 PM

Everybody is getting away with everything this week

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2019 3:41 PM

The only thing that would vindicate Jussie is someone getting arrested for his attack. That they declined to prosecute him for filing a false police report are two separate things.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2019 3:41 PM

Of course, he's guilty, but wouldn't you do community service to avoid prison even if you were falsely accused? R40

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2019 3:41 PM

The media and social media are exploding over this

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2019 3:41 PM

They decided to drop charges against Aaron Schock too. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2019 3:42 PM

People aren't proven innocent in a court of law, R40. The DA or the courts can make a deal where someone can do community service or go to counseling or something and, once completed, have their charges dropped. It's called "diversion" in my state, not sure what it's called elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2019 3:42 PM

Whites will never admit they were wrong, will you? When you decide a black man did wrong you will always stick to that opinion on even after itโ€™s been disproven.

R42, he agreed to community service because he had already been decided guilty by the press who control public opinion. He was always innocent.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2019 3:43 PM

Jussie, what was done to you was a disgrace! I can relate! Witch hunts and media feeding frenzys happen to black people, too! #MAGA

by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2019 3:43 PM

Jussieโ€™s prosecution was not going to stick for some reason, or the trial had risk of not going well, so they have dropped the case. He will get his job back now and try to spin it as a full exoneration although it isnโ€™t really.

by Anonymousreply 54March 26, 2019 3:43 PM

Same, R2. this makes my blood boil. Definitely done with him, anyway. Hope he fades away.

by Anonymousreply 55March 26, 2019 3:43 PM

America is UNBEARABLE right now.

by Anonymousreply 56March 26, 2019 3:43 PM

thoughts and prayers to the victims of this tragedy

by Anonymousreply 57March 26, 2019 3:44 PM

What do you think will happen to his career now?

by Anonymousreply 58March 26, 2019 3:44 PM

A strong black man vindicated! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝ

by Anonymousreply 59March 26, 2019 3:44 PM

Girl give it a rest r52, you are embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 60March 26, 2019 3:45 PM

I hope he's shunned just like OJ was.

by Anonymousreply 61March 26, 2019 3:45 PM

Why is the state keeping his bond? This smells of some backroom deal.

by Anonymousreply 62March 26, 2019 3:45 PM

Black privilege is well and alive.

by Anonymousreply 63March 26, 2019 3:46 PM

Two things

Chicago โ€”> Obamas

Michelle contacted a former member of the Obama administration and got the FBI involved. The Chicago police were livid about that and had the state open an investigation

Minneapolis โ€”> Jacob Wohl, insane son of a wealthy member of the rightwing commentariat, filed a police report saying he got death threats. Turns out the death threats came from an account he created, using a someoneโ€™s photo from Instagram. Police havenโ€™t filed charges, despite people calling and tweeting at Minneapolis PD to arrest Wohl for filing a false police report. It would be a right shit show to charge Smollet with 16 felony counts while ,Etta g crazy white guy Wohl free.

So everything g was taken care of in one fell swoop.

by Anonymousreply 64March 26, 2019 3:47 PM

[quote]He agreed to community service because he had already been decided guilty by the press who control public opinion. He was always innocent.

r52 That makes no sense. He got something out of that deal. If he were innocent, why not just continue with the trial and be found not guilty, then? He would have been exonerated that way, with no community service either.

by Anonymousreply 65March 26, 2019 3:47 PM

Is that so....?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 26, 2019 3:48 PM

He Will do something even crazier after a while. his narcissism is out of control now.

by Anonymousreply 67March 26, 2019 3:48 PM

First Mueller, now CPD.

by Anonymousreply 68March 26, 2019 3:48 PM

Meant to reply to r63

by Anonymousreply 69March 26, 2019 3:48 PM

The FBI were (and still are, I believe) involved because of the mailed threat, not because The Corrupt Obamas (tm) got them involved, r64. Dang.

by Anonymousreply 70March 26, 2019 3:48 PM

DA probably figured they'd never get 12 intelligent people from Chicago to convict (remembering OJ). Cty service IS a sentence. Jussie's not "exonerated."

by Anonymousreply 71March 26, 2019 3:48 PM

R65, it's a good deal to have all charges dropped if all you have to do is stay out of trouble and finish community service. No trial, no charges on your record, no lawyers to pay... there are a million reasons he would take that deal.

by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2019 3:49 PM

R65, he was never going to get a fair trial after the news ran report after report that he was huilty and. Dragged his name through the mud. He did what he had to do to avoid doing prison on falsified charges. There is no justice in this country for a black man. Were you born yesterday, r65! Not everything is as it seems in your lily white world.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote]He was always innocent.

Oh please, do us a favor. We will find out why the police dropped the charges, but it's patently obvious that he faked his "attack."

It's possible that they just decided not to press charges because the violations involved were minor compared to the media circus and cost of prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2019 3:50 PM

well........................if Trump can get away with it why not Jussie?

by Anonymousreply 75March 26, 2019 3:50 PM

I swear it's like some people have no familiarity with the American justice system. What happened is not that unusual.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2019 3:51 PM

oh look! we're not talking about the Mueller report or the fact that Trump just announced that he wants to do away completely with Obamacare.

by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2019 3:53 PM

black denial is even more alive it seems.

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2019 3:53 PM

So basically he got community service and a $10,000 fine. He gets the charges dropped in exchange. Doesnโ€™t mean heโ€™s innocent.

by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2019 3:53 PM

r73 But do you see how bad the optics on this are? Just take at look at Twitter and see people go on about the Hollywood elites that pay their way out of their crimes. That community service deal is going to ruin his image more than continuing with the trial and being found not guilty would have.

by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2019 3:54 PM

[QUOTE]oh look! we're not talking about the Mueller report or the fact that Trump just announced that he wants to do away completely with Obamacare.

Maybe Nancy Pelosi was the one who got the charges dismissed. The Dems desperately needed some fresh headline grabbing news.

by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2019 3:55 PM

He will continue his stunt queen ways.

Community service when youโ€™re famous isnโ€™t sweeping streets.

by Anonymousreply 82March 26, 2019 3:55 PM

r76 Not all of us do, sorry. This is an international message board.

by Anonymousreply 83March 26, 2019 3:55 PM

If he's going to remain in the public eye, maybe he can change his disgusting-sounding name.

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2019 3:55 PM

I don't get how his record is wiped. Charges dropped often means charges could not be proved, not innocent. But is wiping an arrest record clean standard in that case?

Timing could not be worse, coming on heels of college admissions scandal.

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2019 3:57 PM

R70

Stateโ€™s Attorney Kim Foxx asked Chicagoโ€™s top cop to turn Jussie Smollett probe over to FBI, texts and emails show

After being approached by a politically connected lawyer, Stateโ€™s Attorney Kimberly Foxx asked Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn over the investigation of Jussie Smollettโ€™s reported attack to the FBI, according to communications provided to the Tribune.

Foxx reached out to Johnson after Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, emailed Foxx saying the actorโ€™s family had unspecified โ€œconcerns about the investigation.โ€ Tchen, a close friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuelโ€™s wife, said she was acting on behalf of the โ€œEmpireโ€ actor and his family. A relative later exchanged texts with Foxx.s account, citing unnamed police sources.

โ€œSpoke to the Superintendent Johnson,โ€ Foxx emailed Tchen back on Feb. 1. โ€œI convinced him to Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation.โ€

The same day, Foxx texted with Smollettโ€™s relative, whose name was blacked out in copies released by her office.

โ€œSpoke to the superintendent earlier, he made the ask,โ€ Foxx wrote. โ€œTrying to figure out logistics. Iโ€™ll keep you posted.โ€

โ€œOmg this would be a huge victory,โ€ the relative replied.

โ€œI make no guarantees, but Iโ€™m trying,โ€ Foxx wrote back.

โ€”โ€”

Chicago PD asked for a federal investigation into why the FBI took over the case of the alleged beating (not the letter writing).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2019 3:58 PM

R80, all the people tweeting that are racist conservative pieces of shit. They would never admit they were wrong about Jussie even if he were found not guilty. People believe what their favorite tv hosts say and they said he was guilty. He was innocent all along. Black people are celebrating his vindication and thatโ€™s what counts not what conservacunts think.

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2019 3:59 PM

โ€œI am simply here to save the worldโ€ -Jussie

What a flaming piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 88March 26, 2019 3:59 PM

Welcome to Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 89March 26, 2019 4:01 PM

Celebrity privledge strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 90March 26, 2019 4:01 PM

It's called having good lawyers. The "follow the money" thing leads to paying an effective defense team.

by Anonymousreply 91March 26, 2019 4:02 PM

[Quote]But is wiping an arrest record clean standard in that case?

Yes, you can get the record of your arrest expunged in cases like this.

by Anonymousreply 92March 26, 2019 4:03 PM

[quote]What happened is not that unusual.

You're absolutely right, but people lost their collective shit over this, though. It was a rare case where everyone's crazy-ass conspiracy theories turned out to have some element of truth to them, and people went nuts, acting as if they were judge, jury and executioner just because they noticed the story didn't make much sense early on.

There were numerous comments along the lines of "death penalty" and "blood is on his hands" and other ridiculous things that were said in all seriousness. People were out for blood and now they're not getting it, and they are emotionally devastated.

Which says a lot about where we are at as a culture.

by Anonymousreply 93March 26, 2019 4:03 PM

Jussie needs to sue Fox News for smearing him.

by Anonymousreply 94March 26, 2019 4:04 PM

[Quote]Why is the state keeping his bond? This smells of some backroom deal.

90+% of cases are worked out through a backroom deal. Its Jussie agreeing to pay a 10k fine to the courts.

by Anonymousreply 95March 26, 2019 4:04 PM

Apparently justice has a price. Like Trump, Miss Bitch is guilty as fucking sin but will never be held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 96March 26, 2019 4:06 PM

Iโ€™m afraid his career is still going to be in the shitter though.

He might show up on some off brand cable show or YouTube series.

by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2019 4:06 PM

I said it here when it happened. It is probably diagnosed mental illness that has since been identified.

by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2019 4:06 PM

I hope his career is in the shitter. This reeks, as does his BS story.

by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2019 4:07 PM

Hereโ€™s the crazy assed Jacob Wohl incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 26, 2019 4:08 PM

I will say the men in the surveillance footage don't look as bulky and muscled as those Nigerian guys are.

This story is just strange.

by Anonymousreply 101March 26, 2019 4:08 PM

Diagnosed mental illness that convinced two mentally stable men to participate? Interesting theory.

by Anonymousreply 102March 26, 2019 4:09 PM

Idgaf if he's guilty or not, too many white people are getting away with far worse crimes than this daily, including Trump and co. Anyone outraged by this while ignoring what's going on in this country is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 103March 26, 2019 4:09 PM

This lawyer press conference makes me want to puke. The prosecutor calling him a good, solid citizen?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 104March 26, 2019 4:10 PM

Are all the channels covering this for the next 24 hours like they did when they had him in custody?

by Anonymousreply 105March 26, 2019 4:10 PM

R91 has it right. While "paying off the judge" and things people always theorize about do sometimes happen, generally the good outcomes are simply a result of having a better legal team than poor people.

by Anonymousreply 106March 26, 2019 4:10 PM

His lawyers admit that the two black brothers DID beat him.

by Anonymousreply 107March 26, 2019 4:10 PM

It isn't surprising..

The inmates took over this asylum back in the 60s.

When the inmates got away with murdering JFK, RFK, and MLK, where we're at was just a matter of time and a few more generations of lunatics joining the movement.

JS is small fry compared to the Mueller charade going on.

by Anonymousreply 108March 26, 2019 4:11 PM

So did Fox pay someone off in order to save Empire?

Although I assume Empire won't get a new season based on the ratings which plummeted after its recent return post break and post hoax.

by Anonymousreply 109March 26, 2019 4:12 PM

Chicago has hundreds of murders a year and only a 21% clearance rate.

I can't be upset they aren't bothering to go after Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 110March 26, 2019 4:12 PM

That article is DEEPLY troubling, R86; thank you for posting.

Thatโ€™s actually a pretty shocking story, but so many people here are bizarrely glazing over it and just declaring, โ€œJussie is innocent! I always knew it!โ€

Chigaco politics/politicians sound extremely corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 111March 26, 2019 4:12 PM

Heโ€™s so attractive

by Anonymousreply 112March 26, 2019 4:13 PM

On hearing the news, Momma's Mussy dried up.

by Anonymousreply 113March 26, 2019 4:15 PM

Good press Conference

by Anonymousreply 114March 26, 2019 4:15 PM

He could sue CHicago

by Anonymousreply 115March 26, 2019 4:16 PM

Btw, if you donโ€™t know who Jacob Wohl is, look at his Wikipedia. He defrauded people, tried to set up a fake claim that Robert Mueller sexually harassed someone (WaPo caught him red handed) and is banned for life from Twitter. Heโ€™s never gone to jail.

I wonder if Wohl wouldโ€™ve faced prison time for his fake police report. I could definitely see high rankinv republicans saying theyโ€™d be fine with charges against smollet being dropped in Illinois so long as Wohl wasnโ€™t indicted in Minnesota. Yes, theyโ€™re separate cases. But if Smollet has been convincted, all hell wouldve broken lose in Minneapolis.

by Anonymousreply 116March 26, 2019 4:16 PM

"He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made..."

Law$uit

by Anonymousreply 117March 26, 2019 4:17 PM

So is he actually saying that the brothers, who he knew, were the ones yelling MAGA at him? mmmkay.

by Anonymousreply 118March 26, 2019 4:17 PM

Honestly, when the story first broke I thought Jussie made it up 100%. Then when the brothers were revealed and the check came out and that news conference with the CPD Superintendent happened, I didnโ€™t know what to think or believe.

All that being said, Jussie is a smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 119March 26, 2019 4:18 PM

Who writes a check to pay people to fake a hate crime with them?

by Anonymousreply 120March 26, 2019 4:20 PM

What this has really shown is how incompetent the CPD truly is.

by Anonymousreply 121March 26, 2019 4:20 PM

I was not expecting this.

by Anonymousreply 123March 26, 2019 4:22 PM

R122... Benghazi. Emails!

by Anonymousreply 124March 26, 2019 4:23 PM

Er. You realize that Muellers report concluded Russia interfered in the 2016 election r122?

by Anonymousreply 125March 26, 2019 4:23 PM

Datalounge in ruins!

by Anonymousreply 126March 26, 2019 4:24 PM

[quote]I was not expecting this.

I figured he'd get off, but I thought he'd have to at least admit guilt.

by Anonymousreply 127March 26, 2019 4:24 PM

[quote]His lawyers admit that the two black brothers DID beat him.

So why hasn't Jussie pushed for his attackers to be arrested and punished?

by Anonymousreply 128March 26, 2019 4:24 PM

They sure went through a lot of time and trouble to charge him. So much conflicting evidence, too. Video of those Nigerian guys BUYING the tools of the crime. And the unlikelihood of two MAGA hat wearing assholes out on a subzero night just waiting for this Smollett guy so they could..throw bleach on him. Because what MAGA hat wearing subzero lurking around at 1:00 or 2:00 am guys don't have BLEACH on them? It all adds up to not passing the smell test. Just a hot mess. I had never heard of this dude before this incident and hope, honestly, I never do again. What a hot mess head case.

by Anonymousreply 129March 26, 2019 4:25 PM

Half white privilege. Plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 130March 26, 2019 4:25 PM

Mueller report clearly states that it does not exonerate Trump. Also, there is ton of evidence that Russia interferes with elections worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 131March 26, 2019 4:25 PM

Okay, I'm happy for him. But if he's completely innocent why is he forfeiting the $10,000.00 bond and having to do community service?

by Anonymousreply 132March 26, 2019 4:25 PM

[quote] Community service when youโ€™re famous isnโ€™t sweeping streets.

I'm part of the community. Can he service me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 26, 2019 4:26 PM

Jussie:

โ€œI have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one โ€ฆ I am a man of faith and I am a man that has knowledge of my history, and I would not bring my family, our lives or the movement through a fire like this. I just wouldnโ€™t.โ€

by Anonymousreply 134March 26, 2019 4:27 PM

Trump and Jussie in 72 hour span wow

by Anonymousreply 135March 26, 2019 4:27 PM

So wait a minute, the Smoette family friend, States Attorney Kim Foxx is the person who decided to drop all charges against Jussie?

by Anonymousreply 136March 26, 2019 4:27 PM

R135 thatโ€™s not a coincidence

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]so many people here are bizarrely glazing over it and just declaring, โ€œJussie is innocent! I always knew it!โ€

One troll and one or maybe two genuine posters, maybe. Not "so many people."

by Anonymousreply 138March 26, 2019 4:30 PM

Apparently the police are not happy she decided to drop the charges R136.

by Anonymousreply 139March 26, 2019 4:30 PM

He's guilty. He paid a $10,000 fine and is doing community service. It was a plea deal. His record should not have been expunged though.

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2019 4:32 PM

I thought Foxx recused herself from this case. I guess that was another lie.

by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2019 4:34 PM

Oh, no, R134, Jussieโ€™s already bringing up โ€œthe movementโ€ again?? I do *not* want to hear anything from this guy about *any* โ€œmovementโ€. What he did was scary and dangerous.

And just because his family is BFFs with the top level people in the *prosecutorโ€™s* office and have amazing contacts with powerful people who are so close to the the Chigaco mayorโ€™s wife and the Obamas, that does not mean to me that he is innocent.

What surprises me is how blatant this all was with these power players.

That Chigaco Tribune article exposed the whole thing, and now the prosecutorโ€™s office is *complimenting* Jussie as a โ€œsolid citizenโ€ (or whatever the quote is)?

This entire thing now is just disturbing and bizarre...

by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2019 4:35 PM

I hope people are putting the pieces together and calling Foxx out.

by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2019 4:35 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wrayโ€™s Press Conference on Status of Jussie Smollett Investigation Pushed Back to 1:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]no lawyers to pay

What makes you think his lawyers haven't been billing him all along?!

by Anonymousreply 145March 26, 2019 4:37 PM

[quote]Because what MAGA hat wearing subzero lurking around at 1:00 or 2:00 am guys don't have BLEACH on them?

This has never made any sense. Of course no one "just happened" to be out there with bleach -- obviously the story was supposed to be that they were specifically looking for him. That's why the letter was to him, why they asked if he was the guy from Empire, etc.

No idea why you people keep saying "uh they didn't JUST HAPPEN to be out there!!!" because it completely misses the point of the story that was concocted. They wanted someone to think he was singled out on purpose by guys who were laying in wait.

by Anonymousreply 146March 26, 2019 4:37 PM

You pay them a fuck of a lot less if you don't go to trial, genius at R145.

Swear to god, some of you are so petulant you're being purposefully ignorant in hopes of making a point.

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2019 4:38 PM

Ah, Chicago!

by Anonymousreply 148March 26, 2019 4:38 PM

Agree, R143; this isnโ€™t even (something normal, like) the prosecutor directly negotiating with Jussieโ€™s lawyer, this is blatant back room corruption.

Foxx should lose her job in Chicago; she has proved that she is corrupt, uses her office to help out her friends in high places, and she does not deserve that position.

by Anonymousreply 149March 26, 2019 4:40 PM

RUN TO TWITTER NOW

Ask the conservatives when they will apologize for falsely accusing Jussie and saying it was all a hoax....their heads are exploding. So much fun after the last few days!

by Anonymousreply 150March 26, 2019 4:41 PM

Remember the Chicago police chief who made the impassioned statement against Jussie for taking "advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career"?

They sure threw him under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 151March 26, 2019 4:42 PM

Just guessing here that Jussie had politically connected friends who had the case dismissed by using a first time offender statute that is on the books in Illinois. It includes having to do community service , and making restitution to the victim (which could explain why his $10,00 bond was kept by the court) and the records can be expunged.

https://www.criminallawyerillinois.com/2012/12/29/first-felony-offense-eligible-for-deferred-prosecution-under-offender-initiative-program/

by Anonymousreply 152March 26, 2019 4:43 PM

Americaโ€™s beautiful Black Gay King ๐Ÿ‘‘ has been vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 153March 26, 2019 4:43 PM

That wouldn't include charges being dropped.

by Anonymousreply 154March 26, 2019 4:44 PM

You screwed up that link R152.

by Anonymousreply 155March 26, 2019 4:44 PM

R144 I know youโ€™re the FBI press conference troll! Stop it now!

by Anonymousreply 156March 26, 2019 4:45 PM

Let me try again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 26, 2019 4:46 PM

Sickening that Jussie is still claiming he was completely truthful the whole time. What about the part where he said his attackers were white. Why is he not calling for the Nigerian brothers to be prosecuted for attacking him?? Lol. CELEBRITY PRIVILEGE STRIKES AGAIN. $$$. Rich and connected people can get away with anything (just look at the college bribery scandal)

by Anonymousreply 158March 26, 2019 4:46 PM

I'm trilled. It's our turn to have privileges

by Anonymousreply 159March 26, 2019 4:46 PM

Jussie allegedly faking a hate crime doesn't compare to the crimes committed by the Chicago Police Department. I've noticed certain people get outraged by the wrong scandals and ignore the problems most harmful to society. If Jussie were white, no one would be focused on this story because white people lie about crimes and file false police reports on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 160March 26, 2019 4:46 PM

* thrilled

by Anonymousreply 161March 26, 2019 4:47 PM

This is not a diversion or some type of action that is commonly done. In these types of situations, the defendant has to admit his guilt or at least admit there was probable cause to file the charges. Such admissiona are less than a guilty plea but are required to prevent the defendant from filing a lawsuit. I suppose it is possible that the "agreement" precluded Jussi from filing a lawsuit. I think it is more likely that he got a deal rarely available to other people, especially black men.

by Anonymousreply 162March 26, 2019 4:47 PM

IMO (which doesn't matter), I think he really did stage this with the two black men but he had good lawyers who managed to get him out of this without going to court. He made it worse by going on GMA and talking about it instead of allowing the detectives to do their job before running his mouth. He comes across as arrogant and annoying. Who the hell would want to listen to his music or watch him on TV after this anyway. He wasn't great to begin with and he's not even attractive.

by Anonymousreply 163March 26, 2019 4:47 PM

Next on the news: all charges dropped against Lori Laughlin and the rest of the rich celebrities in return for 19k and community service

by Anonymousreply 164March 26, 2019 4:48 PM

This is white genocide!

by Anonymousreply 165March 26, 2019 4:49 PM

It's not black and white, it's about green and gold

by Anonymousreply 166March 26, 2019 4:50 PM

I miss the 90s

by Anonymousreply 167March 26, 2019 4:50 PM

Jussie Smollett's attorney Patricia Brown Holmes, speaking to reporters today, said records in her client's court case have been sealed.

She did not provide details about the order, only saying that the state dropped charges against Smollett and moved to "seal the record in this case."

by Anonymousreply 168March 26, 2019 4:50 PM

ส™ส€แด‡แด€แด‹ษชษดษข

by Anonymousreply 169March 26, 2019 4:51 PM

He is NOT exonerated!

by Anonymousreply 170March 26, 2019 4:51 PM

Maybe now some psycho actually WILL gaybash him.

by Anonymousreply 171March 26, 2019 4:51 PM

I'd love to hear why two black men were walking around Chicago in subzero temperatures, carrying around bleach, and then decided to attack a C list celebrity (who, I presume, is walking around in a hat since it was like 20 below) and yell white supremacist shit at him. And would love to figure out the odds that these two men just happened to receive $3500 from said "victim" prior to this alleged "attack."

For once, I agree with Deplorables - I'll never believe he's anything but a guilty wacko who paid his way out of this mess.

by Anonymousreply 172March 26, 2019 4:51 PM

Negroes = Headaches

by Anonymousreply 173March 26, 2019 4:53 PM

R170 But he was very strong and powerful in his denial!

by Anonymousreply 174March 26, 2019 4:53 PM

DL fave Rafer Weigel:

I can tell you that @Chicago_Police are furious over SA Kim Foxxโ€™s decision to drop all charges against #JussieSmollett

by Anonymousreply 175March 26, 2019 4:53 PM

Why not let the jury decide based on the evidence? Sealing all the records? aka burying all the evidence

by Anonymousreply 176March 26, 2019 4:54 PM

R160 I agree. It sounds like there may have been something sketchy going on but weโ€™ll never know because the Chicago PD is so corrupt that they kept leaking shit on this guy to make their case. When itโ€™s all laid down for review there had to be too many holes in the story for prosecution. Iโ€™m not there on either side so I canโ€™t judge anything or anybody. What the defense said is true; we should not judge before due process. And I LOVE our President!

by Anonymousreply 177March 26, 2019 4:54 PM

I love you Jussie! It was so good to hear his Devoted fans outside the courthouse.

by Anonymousreply 178March 26, 2019 4:54 PM

R172 donโ€™t be creepy dude.

by Anonymousreply 179March 26, 2019 4:54 PM

Oops wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 180March 26, 2019 4:55 PM

Celebrity adoration is a cancer

by Anonymousreply 181March 26, 2019 4:55 PM

Read the Chicago Tribune article at, R146, R172; it wasnโ€™t just money, it was his powerful political friends and connections in the prosecutorโ€™s office.

This case is so messed up on so many levels..

by Anonymousreply 182March 26, 2019 4:55 PM

Oops! Chicago Tribune article is linked at R84, *not* R146, R172!

Sorry! Please read, R84.

by Anonymousreply 183March 26, 2019 4:57 PM

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 184March 26, 2019 4:58 PM

Well this is a victory for the Left after all the bad news they've had to face this week.

by Anonymousreply 185March 26, 2019 4:58 PM

Ugh. I need more coffee, R172 :( Article about corruption is at, R86!!!!

by Anonymousreply 186March 26, 2019 4:59 PM

Who cares anymore? The whole country has gone to shit. Nothing makes sense when the good guys get locked up and the criminals get away with their crimes.

by Anonymousreply 187March 26, 2019 5:00 PM

This is all Michelle Obama's doing!! See how powerful that Frau is?

by Anonymousreply 188March 26, 2019 5:01 PM

I wonder if Jussie acknowledges his PRIVILEGE. He is the privileged class now - millionaire celebrity with deep political conntections (Kim Foxx, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Michelle Obama). Anyone who thinks this is a victory for black people as a whole are wrong - it is just another victory for wealthy, connected people

by Anonymousreply 189March 26, 2019 5:01 PM

I have no idea what's going on. I haven't followed this closely. Did he actually get attacked? Or are the charges being dropped due to a technicality or something?

by Anonymousreply 190March 26, 2019 5:03 PM

Bitch we know what you did. Chicago just has bigger fish to fry.

by Anonymousreply 191March 26, 2019 5:08 PM

The guys who "attacked" him were two Nigerian-American brothers who worked on Empire r190.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 26, 2019 5:09 PM

What's wrong with being privileged? People born in the US are automatically privileged. ALL American citizens are privileged.

by Anonymousreply 193March 26, 2019 5:11 PM

R192 - They really do look like they'd be wearing MAGA hats, right?

This is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 194March 26, 2019 5:11 PM

Her โ€œcareerโ€is still over!!!

by Anonymousreply 195March 26, 2019 5:13 PM

White people are not the only ones who wear MAGA hats. I've seen entire groups of Black Trump supporters wearing MAGA hats. People keep ignoring people of color who support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 196March 26, 2019 5:15 PM

R196 - I agree. But these particular black men also received $3500 from Jussie right before his alleged attack. And happened to be walking around Chicago in the middle of the night carrying bleach.

by Anonymousreply 197March 26, 2019 5:17 PM

But didnโ€™t Jussie tell the police his attackers were white?

by Anonymousreply 198March 26, 2019 5:17 PM

Well Kanye wears a MAGA hat, and some Nigerians like Trump. But not THESE guys, so I hear. And if you can't even get the attackers' race right, can you read the words printed on their caps correctly? Jussie was so blatantly involved in this. This is just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 199March 26, 2019 5:18 PM

There's men from all racial groups who admire Chumps bombastic assholeness.

by Anonymousreply 200March 26, 2019 5:21 PM

Women too. The Stump for Trump Sisters

by Anonymousreply 201March 26, 2019 5:22 PM

I don't think Jussie should go to jail for faking a crime. Plenty of women don't go to jail after lying about rape.

by Anonymousreply 202March 26, 2019 5:23 PM

So it basically it comes down to the prosecutors not having the evidence but knowing Jussie is guilty so they're gonna drop charges and keep his 10,000 and this goes away. Does that sound right?

by Anonymousreply 203March 26, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote]why two black men were walking around Chicago in subzero temperatures, carrying around bleach, and then decided to attack a C list celebrity

You guys have got to stop saying this shit. You look like morons.

For the last time: the story they tried to concoct was that Jussie had been targeted specifically and for some time, starting with the letter and ending with the attack by two men who showed up with bleach and rope as part of their whole plan.

All this "why were they randomly walking around" crap is such a waste of time. We wasted hundreds of posts on that bullshit already, don't turn this thread into another boring rehash about your theories which completely miss the point.

by Anonymousreply 204March 26, 2019 5:31 PM

I'm waiting for the brothers' first interview. Why hasn't any journalist scooped this opportunity up yet?!

by Anonymousreply 205March 26, 2019 5:32 PM

[quote]But didnโ€™t Jussie tell the police his attackers were white?

He told Frank that the attackers were white guys in blackface masks, at least that's what we were told at first. Later we learned the Nigerians bought ski masks. I'm not sure we ever got much more than that.

by Anonymousreply 206March 26, 2019 5:33 PM

R202 I agree. I just don't like his lying smug ass. Oh well, gay tupac is here to stay.

by Anonymousreply 207March 26, 2019 5:34 PM

My apologies, the BBC says that it was actually blackface masks found in the Nigerian brothers' home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Yay! Now we can all fake hate crimes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209March 26, 2019 5:37 PM

Chicago mayor coming out swinging against Smollet right now on live TV.

by Anonymousreply 210March 26, 2019 5:42 PM

WOW the cops and the Mayor are killing him. "It's a whitewash of justice." Rahm is standing 100% behind the cops.

by Anonymousreply 211March 26, 2019 5:43 PM

On CNN right now.

by Anonymousreply 212March 26, 2019 5:43 PM

The city is really angry and I don't remember ever seeing anything like this before. Will the city be sued?

by Anonymousreply 213March 26, 2019 5:43 PM

Is he still going to be charged for tampering with the mail or whatever?

Sorry bitches, I lost track of this story several threads ago.

by Anonymousreply 214March 26, 2019 5:43 PM

Lol everyone hates this clown

by Anonymousreply 215March 26, 2019 5:44 PM

Smollet is โ€œhiding behind a veil of secrecy.โ€

โ€œThis is not on the level.โ€ โ€œNo accountability.โ€

by Anonymousreply 216March 26, 2019 5:45 PM

This whole thing REEKS.

by Anonymousreply 217March 26, 2019 5:46 PM

Yeah, open season for hate crime hoaxes.

At least all the future hoaxers will know to cover their tracks better.

Or not. Why bother? This case couldnโ€™t have been more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 218March 26, 2019 5:47 PM

โ€œHow dare he?โ€

WHITEWASH

by Anonymousreply 219March 26, 2019 5:47 PM

If Trump is exonerated, why not Jussie?

by Anonymousreply 220March 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Go Rahm!!!

by Anonymousreply 221March 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Rahm: "Is there no decency in this man?"

No

by Anonymousreply 222March 26, 2019 5:49 PM

Used hate crime laws to advance his career.

Grand jury only saw a fraction of the evidence cops have.

HOAX.

Mayorโ€™s pissed.

by Anonymousreply 223March 26, 2019 5:49 PM

R211 so this was Kim Foxxโ€™s doing. She knows that even if costs her her job sheโ€™s be well compensated with another position with the Obamas or Smollettes

by Anonymousreply 224March 26, 2019 5:51 PM

Did Obama call in a favor to his Chicago connections to get this dropped?

by Anonymousreply 225March 26, 2019 5:51 PM

R225 Michelle did. She called in Kim Foxx who was already a family friend to the Smollettes

by Anonymousreply 226March 26, 2019 5:52 PM

Cui bono?

by Anonymousreply 227March 26, 2019 5:53 PM

THIS IS ABOUT THE BIRTHRATES!

by Anonymousreply 228March 26, 2019 5:53 PM

Rahm said Jussie was still tearing down the CPD -- did he say something today? I think I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 229March 26, 2019 5:55 PM

โ€œWHO FORFEITS $10,000 IF YOUโ€™RE INNOCENT?โ€

โ€”CNN legal expert, laughing.

by Anonymousreply 230March 26, 2019 5:56 PM

Jussie needs to go on a nationwide "Wrongfully Accused" standup tour...

by Anonymousreply 231March 26, 2019 5:57 PM

R230 - she also made a brilliant point that Smollett and his A-team of lawyers will prob not pursue a defamation case or civil action against the CPD, because the CPD would have the truth as a defense, something he prob doesn't want to get into.

by Anonymousreply 232March 26, 2019 5:57 PM

Iโ€™m glad that Jussie has been exonerated and we can finally move on from this.

I hope he is reinstated by Empire in time for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 233March 26, 2019 5:58 PM

Empire has already welcomed him back with open arms. All is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 234March 26, 2019 5:59 PM

[quote]Empire has already welcomed him back with open arms. All is forgiven.

Source?

by Anonymousreply 235March 26, 2019 6:00 PM

Didnโ€™t Terrance Howard already say he was standing by Jussie? I think that showed some nice loyalty. Iโ€™m glad he is being vindicated now.

by Anonymousreply 236March 26, 2019 6:02 PM

Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are kicking themselves that they didn't bribe their way into the University of Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 237March 26, 2019 6:04 PM

I thought Smollett and his attorney seemed shifty in their statements today. No outrage at being โ€œfalsely accused,โ€ no sense of triumph or vindication. They just made a halfassed statement about this being โ€œthe right decisionโ€ then slunk away. This stinks to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 238March 26, 2019 6:04 PM

I agree with R1. The media loves vilifying black people in the court of public opinion, especially when the facts aren't there. Same thing with Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 239March 26, 2019 6:04 PM

He is not being vindicated R236. This has just opened the wounds all over again. The mayor and the police are pissed that this was a smoke filled backroom deal.

by Anonymousreply 240March 26, 2019 6:05 PM

Jussie will fuck up again when the meth hits the pipe.

by Anonymousreply 241March 26, 2019 6:08 PM

Rahm Emanuel s so fraudulent. He was smirking a good portion of the press conference yet we're supposed to believe he's so angry and outraged about this. It's all for show. Chicago has much greater problems. And that superintendent clearly wants a tv job judging from tv interviews he's done.

by Anonymousreply 242March 26, 2019 6:09 PM

R240 That may be, but they should spend their time focused on lowering the murder rate rather than making charges stick against a vindicated man.

by Anonymousreply 243March 26, 2019 6:09 PM

Wow so he really was attacked? Poor fella. Shame on deplorables!

by Anonymousreply 244March 26, 2019 6:09 PM

Once again R243 he was not vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 245March 26, 2019 6:10 PM

Is all of 4chan on suicide watch?

by Anonymousreply 246March 26, 2019 6:11 PM

Areva Martin on CNN is outraged by the Stateโ€™s Attorneyโ€™s actions. Sealing the records means the facts will never come out and this is NOT the action of an innocent person. Why seal it? Let the facts come out if youโ€™re innocent.

by Anonymousreply 247March 26, 2019 6:11 PM

It was a trade. Jussieโ€™s lawyer took the fall for Jussieโ€™s freedom! And amazingly one day AFTER the Avenatti news

by Anonymousreply 248March 26, 2019 6:11 PM

Areva Martin bringing up that phone call from Michelle Obamaโ€™s aide to Kim Foxx.

by Anonymousreply 249March 26, 2019 6:13 PM

The corruption is just mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 250March 26, 2019 6:15 PM

He needs to keep his ass out of Chicago now.

by Anonymousreply 251March 26, 2019 6:15 PM

There's no way Geragos took a fall for anyone.

Sure is crazy timing, though. They had to have been working on this deal for a while, and the day before it's announced Geragos gets implicated in a big shakedown sitch.

by Anonymousreply 252March 26, 2019 6:16 PM

Former DC police chief: โ€œThis whole thing STINKS.โ€

by Anonymousreply 253March 26, 2019 6:16 PM

If Michelle Obama can be linked to this it will be another win for the Repubs this week.

by Anonymousreply 254March 26, 2019 6:17 PM

R245 He was vindicated. The charges were dropped.

Definition: clear (someone) of blame or suspicion. "hospital staff were vindicated by the inquest verdict"

by Anonymousreply 255March 26, 2019 6:17 PM

I support Smollett....This takedown is completely political. Now they're bringing Michelle Obama's name into it? I'm NOT falling into the deplorables' hands.

by Anonymousreply 256March 26, 2019 6:17 PM

HAHAHHAhHAHA Fuckers

Kill yourselves now. Most of you morons are the ones gloating about Trump in other threads

by Anonymousreply 257March 26, 2019 6:18 PM

Was again you are wrong R255.

"Joe Magats, the first assistant state's attorney who made the final decision to drop the charges against Jussie Smollett, says in an interview: "We didn't exonerate him.""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258March 26, 2019 6:18 PM

*Once

by Anonymousreply 259March 26, 2019 6:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 26, 2019 6:19 PM

r255 A vindicated person doesn't forfeit their enormous bail and get community service.

by Anonymousreply 261March 26, 2019 6:20 PM

R261 Again, all charges were dropped and there is nothing on his record. He was vindicated. :"Definition: clear (someone) of blame or suspicion. "hospital staff were vindicated by the inquest verdict""

by Anonymousreply 262March 26, 2019 6:20 PM

I canโ€™t believe the lynch mob on DL had already deemed him guilty before anything was proven. SMH ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ Reminds me of the Salem Witch trials. Shame on you for pre-judging. Next time, think before you type. Remember, Jussie โ€œwould not be my motherโ€™s son if I was capable of doing this.โ€

by Anonymousreply 263March 26, 2019 6:20 PM

Charges were dropped. Means he is innocent.

There is no corruption here. Just more proof that itโ€™s hard to be a black man in America.

by Anonymousreply 264March 26, 2019 6:21 PM

r261, He does if he doesn't want go through a media circus trial.

by Anonymousreply 265March 26, 2019 6:21 PM

Jussieโ€™s the gay OJ, he done dah dat crime but ainโ€™t gone doooz no time!

by Anonymousreply 266March 26, 2019 6:21 PM

To all the alt right little shits having a meltdown. Just remember, it's down the road, not across the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267March 26, 2019 6:22 PM

Just because you keep saying it R262 doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 268March 26, 2019 6:22 PM

BS R264.

by Anonymousreply 269March 26, 2019 6:23 PM

I said from the start of the charges that these are not offenses he would do jail time for.

I also said previously that his California charges were a factor. IF he only pled guilty to traffic offenses then he would be considered a first time offender in this matter. The fact these are considered felonies in Illinois was surprising to me.

Diversion is available everywhere that I know of even for certain non-violent felonies.

Unsure if Chicago has formal or informal diversion - that is, was a formal agreement signed e.g. defendant will do X amount of community service, pay some amount of restitution and not get rearrested for a specified period of time.

When you accept diversion you do not have to admit guilt but it is NOT exoneration. So you can proclaim your innocence all you want but if the state believed you were not guilty of the charges then they would have just dropped the charges. Period. There would be no quid pro quo.

So while Jussie is free to continue to say "See I'm not guilty of any crime" - which is technically true - while omitting the all important fact that he accepted some type of diversion in exchange for getting the charges dismissed just makes it clear he is a liar.

I can't read this whole thread but is he back to saying he can't identify his attackers when he has already identified the brothers as his attackers on TV two or three times? SMDH.

If he had any brains or wasn't completely fucked in the head he'd just refuse to discuss this again. He'll trip himself up again for sure.

by Anonymousreply 270March 26, 2019 6:23 PM

R268 Webster dictionary says it. The CPD says it. Don't take my word for it.

by Anonymousreply 271March 26, 2019 6:23 PM

Rafer Weigel:

I asked #JussieSmollett as he waited for his car if he had any il will against #Chicago. He emphatically told me he loves the city and the people of Chicago and has no il feelings toward anyone here. I asked what about Chicago PD? โ€œNo commentโ€.

I also asked #JussieSmollett if he planned to reimburse the city of #Chicago for the amount of money that was spent on his investigation and he did not answer. What about the Osundairo brothers? No response.

The community service according to #Smollett defense team was done prior for something not related to this case. It just gets more confusing.

by Anonymousreply 272March 26, 2019 6:24 PM

Deplorables per this man a huge apology.

He should sue all of them for saying it was faked.

by Anonymousreply 273March 26, 2019 6:24 PM

owe

by Anonymousreply 274March 26, 2019 6:25 PM

R273 stop your trolling assphat itโ€™s not funny

by Anonymousreply 275March 26, 2019 6:25 PM

Former prosecutor: "Vindicated" means "no evidence exists to support the claim".

"Charges dropped" =/= "vindicated"

FYI.

by Anonymousreply 276March 26, 2019 6:25 PM

Apologize, you useless fuck R275. You were wrong!

by Anonymousreply 277March 26, 2019 6:26 PM

I predict lots of suicides on 8chan and 4chan tonight.

by Anonymousreply 278March 26, 2019 6:27 PM

"We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence."

by Anonymousreply 279March 26, 2019 6:28 PM

We already have the pizzagate/Qanon loons in here blaming this on the Obamas? Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 280March 26, 2019 6:29 PM

R276 I give you the dictionary definition of vindicated. He was made "clear of blame [<---THIS ONE] or suspicion" Your prescribed definition of the word doesn't affect that the dropping of all charges cleared him of blame.

by Anonymousreply 281March 26, 2019 6:30 PM

They didn't want Chicago to riot.

by Anonymousreply 282March 26, 2019 6:33 PM

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Tuesday "this is a whitewash of justice." He said it "sends a clear message that if you're in a position of influence and power you'll get treated one way, other people will be treated another way."

"There is no accountability, then, in the system. It is wrong, full stop."

by Anonymousreply 283March 26, 2019 6:34 PM

Fuck this cunt, i will never watch anything he's in. even if it's free on tv.

by Anonymousreply 284March 26, 2019 6:34 PM

R282 black Chicagoans donโ€™t give a ratโ€™s ass about this crazy fag lol

by Anonymousreply 285March 26, 2019 6:35 PM

THey should be equally concerned about some angry little rage filled 4chaner going on another mass shooting, R282. Like they always do.

by Anonymousreply 286March 26, 2019 6:35 PM

R272, there you have it. He accepted diversion in exchange for dismissing the case. This happens all the time around the country. He paid restitution ($10,000 is a HUGE amount of restitution for diversion) and he is being credited with prior work as community service to serve as his community service requirement (which I find very fishy).

His refusal to answer certain questions when he is all about talking about this when the statements and selected questions he chooses to answer only serve his interests to sell his innocent narrative trying to make himself a victim - well, there it is - he's dishonest. So believe him if you want but I know a liar when I see one. There will always be sheep who refuse to face facts in life and support their chosen one. Very Trumper-like.

by Anonymousreply 287March 26, 2019 6:35 PM

Psychopaths usually repeat their mistakes. Usually they're eventually caught.

by Anonymousreply 288March 26, 2019 6:36 PM

Why isn't Jussie demanding the CPD find the white, maga-hat-wearing attackers? Is he okay with the criminals getting away with hate-crime-ing him??

by Anonymousreply 289March 26, 2019 6:36 PM

[quote]Why isn't Jussie demanding the CPD find the white, maga-hat-wearing attackers?

He'll be teaming with OJ on an initiative to find the true perpetrators of high-profile crimes.

by Anonymousreply 290March 26, 2019 6:38 PM

This guy is definitely one of the posters on this thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291March 26, 2019 6:41 PM

[quote] Why isn't Jussie demanding the CPD find the white, maga-hat-wearing attackers?

Wait, didn't he identify his attackers ON TV several times during an interview? He said he was sure those were the guys when the video of the brothers was shown during the interview.

If you tell a lie enough times some fools will believe it.

Done with this lying asshole.

by Anonymousreply 292March 26, 2019 6:41 PM

R276 You completely overlooked the fact the prosecutor said they did not exonerate him.

by Anonymousreply 293March 26, 2019 6:43 PM

Is Mark Geragos having a crazy week or what?

by Anonymousreply 294March 26, 2019 6:43 PM

Jussie off the hook with corrupt Obama connections! He tried to make me and my supporters look racist. Disgraceful! Black people stick together, am I right?! #MAGA

by Anonymousreply 295March 26, 2019 6:44 PM

I can honestly say that for the first time in my life, I feel like unplugging from social media....or whatever word those pretentious fucks use.

by Anonymousreply 296March 26, 2019 6:47 PM

Boy, first O.J. beats the rap, then charges are dropped against The Cockgobbler, then nobody else in the Trump Administration gets indicted, and now Jussie is skating.

And us? Suddenly we're feeling A LOT better about OUR situations.

by Anonymousreply 297March 26, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote]I predict lots of suicides on 8chan and 4chan tonight.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 298March 26, 2019 6:48 PM

Hahaha cunts. 15 threads from you obsessives and he walks free!

by Anonymousreply 299March 26, 2019 6:48 PM

Fake Avenatti at R297: guess again, motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 300March 26, 2019 6:50 PM

Fox News is a cesspool for the lost and angry.

This goes for all of their zombie viewers. They ditched their own families to serve Fox and itโ€™s agenda. Is it really worth losing your family over?

What do they get in return? Lies and propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 301March 26, 2019 6:52 PM

Iโ€™m not happy with him, but it doesnโ€™t bother me as much as it should that the charges were dropped.

by Anonymousreply 302March 26, 2019 6:52 PM

Itโ€™s really tragic. I donโ€™t like making fun of deplorables because they are mostly poor and downtrodden. They just need to wake up and realize that family is more important than serving some fake agenda. Unless youโ€™re a billionaire, you shouldnโ€™t give up your family to serve them.

The farming community is a good example of how you get screwed by listening to republicans.

Housing crisis anyone?

What about healthcare? Theyโ€™re suing to extinguish pre-existing condition protections.

Is that really want you want to sell out your family for? Your freedoms?

by Anonymousreply 303March 26, 2019 6:55 PM

To the person saying they would not watching another show with Jussie, are you actually willing to give up watching Empire just because of this incident, one of which he was not charged for any crime?

by Anonymousreply 304March 26, 2019 6:55 PM

Kevin Spacey has a better chance of a comeback than Smollet. Smollet is hated now more than ever. Once he runs out money, his life will be essentially over.

by Anonymousreply 305March 26, 2019 6:55 PM

R304, I haven't watched Empire since season 1. I don't miss it.

by Anonymousreply 306March 26, 2019 6:56 PM

Heโ€™ll get royalties for life.

Empire will be sydicated and heโ€™ll never have to work again.

by Anonymousreply 307March 26, 2019 6:56 PM

Deplorables are getting a raw deal.

The tax cuts are a sham, money is being pulled from military schools to make a wall that wonโ€™t help, they want to get rid of SS and god knows what else.

What do they get for their loyalty? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 308March 26, 2019 6:58 PM

Can the decision to drop the charges be overturned? By the DOJ or the Supreme Court or something?

by Anonymousreply 309March 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Empire is fantastic, and this season in particular has been a return to form. I shocked you gave up on. Donโ€™t you have any loyalty towards Taraji?

by Anonymousreply 310March 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Jussie got a tax cut while the coal miners didnโ€™t get squat but black lung. They farmers got a soybean surplus. The manufacturing sector gets closed plants. What do the deplorables get for all their sacrifices?

by Anonymousreply 311March 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Spoiler alert: deplorables get NOTHING!

See Atlantic City

by Anonymousreply 312March 26, 2019 7:01 PM

Where are posters like r310 coming from? How many DLers do you think actually watch Empire?!

Also newsflash, Empire ratings are around a third of what they were at its height. Most people stopped watching it.

by Anonymousreply 313March 26, 2019 7:03 PM

[quote] Heโ€™ll get royalties for life. Empire will be sydicated and heโ€™ll never have to work again.

Oh honey, you really don't know much about anything, do you.

by Anonymousreply 314March 26, 2019 7:03 PM

R307, royalties diminish over time. Like, in the $s vs any kind of real money.

by Anonymousreply 315March 26, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote] Oh honey, you really don't know much about anything, do you.

Oh, honey, I know that Jussie is free and deplorables are really having a meltdown all over the internet today!

by Anonymousreply 316March 26, 2019 7:05 PM

Millions and millions of people love EMPIRE! And they even paid money to see WHAT MEN WANT!

by Anonymousreply 317March 26, 2019 7:05 PM

โ€œMagats, the asst state's atty, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett.โ€

โ€œThe charges against Smollett were dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, he said, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.โ€

by Anonymousreply 318March 26, 2019 7:05 PM

He will still have a tax advantage over you thanks to republicans.

All they care about is the rich.

by Anonymousreply 319March 26, 2019 7:06 PM

I assume lots of DLers watch Empire. All of my friends watch Empire. It is a great show with queer characters and gay icon Taraji. What isnโ€™t there to like? Who wouldnโ€™t watch? Donโ€™t you feel left out when your friends are talking about it?

by Anonymousreply 320March 26, 2019 7:07 PM

Nobody watches Empire anymore. It hasn't been a buzzed about show since Chris Rock showed up in Season 2 and stunk the joint up.

by Anonymousreply 321March 26, 2019 7:08 PM

And like Republicans, r319, the stank of his racist lies will follow him forever.

by Anonymousreply 322March 26, 2019 7:09 PM

R313 a bunch of LSA bottom slags have sashayed their way over.

by Anonymousreply 323March 26, 2019 7:09 PM

Lots of opioid overdoses tonight!

by Anonymousreply 324March 26, 2019 7:10 PM

Being able to see through this little assholeโ€™s transparently fake stunt does not make you a โ€œdeplorable.โ€ Thatโ€™s a bullshit false equivalency.

by Anonymousreply 325March 26, 2019 7:12 PM

Oh well then, congratulations to you, R325. That makes you unlike 90% of the posters on these threads. Maybe someone can hand you a participation trophy.

by Anonymousreply 326March 26, 2019 7:14 PM

R325 right itโ€™s not just deplorables that can hate on this smug lying bitch and find this all fishy!

by Anonymousreply 327March 26, 2019 7:16 PM

I hate Trump with every fiber of my being.

I don't really care that Jussie isn't doing any time.

It is annoying that he's allowed to lie about having been cleared., however.

by Anonymousreply 328March 26, 2019 7:16 PM

How many deplorables will be laid off from their factories this week?

Itโ€™s so weird that they are obsessed over this when they have much bigger problems caused by the administration.

by Anonymousreply 329March 26, 2019 7:16 PM

This is rich privilege not black privilege. Get it right!

by Anonymousreply 330March 26, 2019 7:18 PM

Also, Jussieโ€™s legal team consisted of Todd Pugh, a man who helped get three Chicago cops acquitted in the Laquann McDonaldโ€™s case. Maybe this was a favor for a favor??

by Anonymousreply 331March 26, 2019 7:18 PM

Yey for Jussie! Glad for him! Now, watch all the DL Queens who threw him to the wolves line up to suck his dick!

Next up - Michael Jackson.

That will be all.

by Anonymousreply 332March 26, 2019 7:20 PM

Strings were pulled at high levels to make this go away. He pays a $10,000 fine (the โ€œforfeited bondโ€) and gets the records sealed and charges dropped. Thatโ€™s what money and influence buys. Again: if youโ€™re โ€œinnocentโ€ why seal the records? Why not get the facts out there if they clear you of guilt?

Answer: because youโ€™re guilty as shit.

by Anonymousreply 333March 26, 2019 7:21 PM

Rham Emmanuel wouldnโ€™t have did and said what he just said if Jussie Smollett was whiteโ€ฆ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 26, 2019 7:29 PM

As horrendously, hopelessly corrupt as the Chicago city government/legal system/law enforcement is, Rham Emmanuel knows damn well he needs to sit his ass down and stop frontin'

by Anonymousreply 335March 26, 2019 7:37 PM

R334, he wouldn't have, because a white person that did what he did would never have had the charges dropped against him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 336March 26, 2019 7:37 PM

As pointed out upthread, this has nothing to do with black or white. It has to do with money privilege. Not many people get charges dropped and the case sealed.

by Anonymousreply 337March 26, 2019 7:41 PM

R326 What world are you living in? Plenty of us watch Empire. It's one of the few shows with regular gay characters and sex scenes depicted on prime time TV.

by Anonymousreply 338March 26, 2019 7:42 PM

And attractive masculine ones

by Anonymousreply 339March 26, 2019 7:44 PM

4chan's Pussy is SWOLLEN right now. And it stinks!

by Anonymousreply 340March 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Cook County/Illinois State law on diversion (deferred prosecution: the charge mus be against a first offender for a non-violent felony. It is not applicable to all felony offenses. The diversion program is 12 months long. The defendant will be assigned a "diversion officer" with whom she/he must meet monthly who files a report to the court every three months. Charges are dismissed and the record expunged only after successful completion of the 12 month program. Again. Jussi got a great deal.

by Anonymousreply 341March 26, 2019 8:08 PM

Why would they charge him with all that stuff, and then decide to pack it in?

by Anonymousreply 342March 26, 2019 8:10 PM

Because heโ€™s an innocent man, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 343March 26, 2019 8:22 PM

"Mr Smollett, I have been charged with the responsibility of advising you of the fact that the Mayor of Chicago, several members of the Prosecution, and the Police Chief would like to extend a dinner invitation to you, and you ALONE. They all feel that perhaps they may have judged you too severely, and therefore would like to get to know you a bit better. They also asked me to tell you that you should "Cum pREPared" for the possibility of working out a favorable solution for all involved."

"Well, okay, but maybe the Police Chief could just "listen in" because he's UGLY!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 26, 2019 8:23 PM

R345 would do well to think back to his own slaps on the wrist in the past. We've all gotten them.

by Anonymousreply 346March 26, 2019 8:33 PM

Great to see Black Twitter defending him

by Anonymousreply 348March 26, 2019 8:35 PM

LMAO Trump trolls. You should get some Preparation H for your butthurt instead, losers!

by Anonymousreply 349March 26, 2019 8:36 PM

Good for her

by Anonymousreply 350March 26, 2019 8:39 PM

The low wage people are the ones who need to realize theyโ€™re being screwed by republicans who worship rich people and leave loopholes for their rich donors in the laws.

by Anonymousreply 351March 26, 2019 8:41 PM

It's not like he's not going to suffer for what he did. His show business career is very likely over for good. I can't imagine anyone touching him with a 10' pole after this.

by Anonymousreply 352March 26, 2019 8:52 PM

R352 Agreed. He doesn't have enough to retire comfortably. He'll get the OJ treatment. Being such a narcissist, I wouldn't be surprised if this hasn't all dawned on him yet, but it soon will.

by Anonymousreply 353March 26, 2019 8:57 PM

[quote]Americaโ€™s beautiful Black Gay King ๐Ÿ‘‘ has been vindicated.

Are you the imbecile shitting emoji all over DL?

by Anonymousreply 354March 26, 2019 9:07 PM

[quote]It's not like he's not going to suffer for what he did. His show business career is very likely over for good.

Hardly. Those who were already championing Jussie can now point to this as vindication of their supportโ€” look at the Empire Writers twitter, Ava DeV, etc. Theyโ€™re all crowing like itโ€™s 10/3/95 all over again.

by Anonymousreply 355March 26, 2019 9:12 PM

I love that white people are losing their minds over this. TeeHee.

by Anonymousreply 356March 26, 2019 9:14 PM

[quote]Heโ€™ll get royalties for life. Empire will be sydicated and heโ€™ll never have to work again.

Empire has to air at least another 11 episodes before theyโ€™re eligible for syndication. And I doubt Jussieโ€™s contract would call for royalties. Theyโ€™re not given automatically to every actor on every show. In fact, thatโ€™s a big negotiation sticking point usually.

by Anonymousreply 357March 26, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote]I love that white people are losing their minds over this. TeeHee.

And we here on DL sit back and say, โ€œGee, I wonder why thereโ€™s so much racism nowadays. I donโ€™t get it. Weโ€™re all supposed to get along.โ€

by Anonymousreply 358March 26, 2019 9:27 PM

R357 yes he will get royalties, heโ€™s part of FAG I mean SAG.

by Anonymousreply 359March 26, 2019 9:28 PM

I see the Empire PR people found this thread.

by Anonymousreply 360March 26, 2019 9:30 PM

Liberal justice.

by Anonymousreply 361March 26, 2019 9:36 PM

[QUOTE]Empire has to air at least another 11 episodes before theyโ€™re eligible for syndication.

Empire has already been in syndication for years now.

by Anonymousreply 362March 26, 2019 9:37 PM

I'm happy for him.

by Anonymousreply 363March 26, 2019 9:44 PM

Me too

by Anonymousreply 364March 26, 2019 9:44 PM

[quote]Heโ€™ll get royalties for life. Empire will be sydicated and heโ€™ll never have to work again.

Royalties for TV shows decrease over time.

by Anonymousreply 365March 26, 2019 9:45 PM

He better watch his back bc someone will beat his ass for real next time....and there will be a next time.

by Anonymousreply 366March 26, 2019 9:46 PM

If anyone deserves to have debilitating multiple sclerosis or brain cancer, it is this asshole Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 367March 26, 2019 9:48 PM

Actors don't get as much as much money from residuals as many people think. It's the show creators and producers that get rich from that.

by Anonymousreply 368March 26, 2019 9:49 PM

R368 Yeah, I remember seeing some interview where Todd Bridges said he didn't get tons of residual money from Different Strokes. Malcolm-Jamal Warner complained in some interview last year that he lost income when some cable networks and affiliates took off The Cosby Show from their lineups.

by Anonymousreply 369March 26, 2019 9:58 PM

R358, seems like a black man is getting the same kind of justice as our white President. So, there you go.

by Anonymousreply 370March 26, 2019 9:58 PM

I hope he gets the mental help he so desperately needs.. Delusional individual.

by Anonymousreply 371March 26, 2019 10:13 PM

How did he get out of this, did he offer his ample dick to some important people?

by Anonymousreply 372March 26, 2019 10:15 PM

He obviously orchestrated the "attack" and it's mildly annoying that he got off. But, you know, compared to other stuff happening in the country it's quite meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 373March 26, 2019 10:21 PM

The mayor ripped him up and down. When ultra liberal Rahm Emanuel thinks you are a lying POS, its pretty obvious you are.

by Anonymousreply 374March 26, 2019 10:23 PM

When Rahm Emmanuel is against you, you automatically make new friends

by Anonymousreply 375March 26, 2019 10:28 PM

Few observations, esp. for those who mention MJ.

1. Chicago's police are corrupt and liars. They have been caught lying many times about black people (usually after shooting them in cold blood.) Jackson's accusers are also known liars. Their lawsuits are filled with blatantly disprovable contradictions about every aspect of the alleged abuse.

2. We haven't seen any concrete evidence against Jussie, and like Michael Jackson's accusers, we're told to rest on the statements of people who have been caught lying in the past to convict him in the court of public opinion--even when the legal system has come to a different conclusion about their guilt.

3. The media jumped on the narrative that he staged the attack because of, again, known liars' telling us convincingly that he did. However, in the legal process, where all the evidence is assessed and scrutinized, neither case ended up in favor of the people who are known, but convincing liars.

Queue outrage.

by Anonymousreply 376March 26, 2019 10:30 PM

Has the cast of The Big Bang Theory posted another pic yet?

by Anonymousreply 377March 26, 2019 10:38 PM

R374: Rahm is a right wing Democrat. He'd be a Republican if he wasn't Jewish, he is nowhere near liberal.

by Anonymousreply 378March 26, 2019 10:44 PM

Jussie Smollett's Community Service Was with Jesse Jackson's Org.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 26, 2019 10:46 PM

The video of the interview by CBS with the prosecutor in the case is all I need to hear. I won't support anything Jussie is apart of from now on. He used his privilege of wealth and power to get off basically scott free.

For someone like Jussie who hates dump as much as he says he does, he sure sounded EXACTLY like him, claiming vindication and exoneration after the charges were dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 26, 2019 10:49 PM

To the idiot that keeps saying Smollett was vindicated. The prosecutor has said he does not believe Smollett is innocent. โ€œBased on all facts and circumstances of the case, and also keeping in mind resources and keeping in mind that the officeโ€™s number one priority is to combat violent crime and the drivers of violence, I decided to offer this disposition in the case,โ€ Smollett should have kept his mouth shut after getting this sweetheart deal and claiming he is innocent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 26, 2019 10:56 PM

This is insane.

by Anonymousreply 382March 26, 2019 11:10 PM

The people that want to blindly defend Jussie will do so against all reason r381.

by Anonymousreply 383March 26, 2019 11:11 PM

Well now we know why Chicago is a shit-hole. What a racket.

by Anonymousreply 384March 26, 2019 11:12 PM

Jussie scratched up his own face. That sounds violent to me.

by Anonymousreply 385March 26, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote] Queue outrage.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 386March 26, 2019 11:19 PM

Thats pretty funny, R385.

by Anonymousreply 387March 26, 2019 11:24 PM

Antoine Dodson has released a statement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388March 26, 2019 11:26 PM

Iโ€™ve never thought Smollett should serve hard time. I thought probation, a steep fine (> $10,000, which is nothing) community service (in the present, not with credit for past efforts) and a guilty plea would be fine. The guilty plea was the key point.

Whatโ€™s galling about this outcome is that it allows him to continue to claim innocence. He will continue to walk around claiming victimhood, and many will believe him. Thatโ€™s infuriating.

To those who claim his career is over: Youโ€™re fooling yourselves. Lori Laughlinโ€™s and Felicity Huffmanโ€™s careers may be over, but Jussieโ€™s will survive. Within a year, Hollywood will have either forgotten the incident or decided he was right all along. He will survive while others would not because he is black and gay and a โ€œvictimโ€. Thatโ€™s just the way things are in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 389March 26, 2019 11:37 PM

R381 It doesn't matter what the state prosecutor says the rationale is. Marcia Clark could tell us OJ Simpson is an evil murderer, but he was still found not guilty--cleared of blame for the crime, which is the definition of vindicated.

Similarly, it doesn't matter what the state attorney or the entire Chicago Police Department say about his alleged guilt either; they had to drop the charges--clearing him from any responsibility for them. Smollett was not in a pre-trial diversion program either according to the Sun Times, as TMZ claimed at one point as they tried to push a false community service narrative.

by Anonymousreply 390March 26, 2019 11:38 PM

Expungement hearing set for tomorrow per @cwbchicago

by Anonymousreply 391March 26, 2019 11:40 PM

R389 You assume he was released because he "he is black and gay and a 'victim'." This just shows that you are a racist, but no one is buying your quasi-black privilege nonsense.

We have seen no evidence showing he was guilty. Not a single document. All we have is the words of proven liars from the Chicago Police Department who are notorious for covering up and doctoring evidence.

by Anonymousreply 392March 26, 2019 11:42 PM

It was written here how it was good that the crimes would be adjudicated in Chicago instead of LA, since LA is notorious for freeing Hollywood celebs. Who knew Chicago would be as corrupt? How much did the DA get paid-off? This makes me sick considering how much effort DL put into making sure that Jussie was held accountable for what he did.

by Anonymousreply 393March 26, 2019 11:42 PM

Jussie should run for President. He's black, gay, handsome and he seems to be an excellent liar. I think he a lot of potential.

by Anonymousreply 394March 26, 2019 11:43 PM

[quote]All we have is the words of proven liars from the Chicago Police Department who are notorious for covering up and doctoring evidence.

The brothers do not work for the Chicago police department.

by Anonymousreply 395March 26, 2019 11:44 PM

The brothers also testified under oath.

by Anonymousreply 396March 26, 2019 11:46 PM

The Feds sure as hell better be working on the federal case against Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 397March 26, 2019 11:47 PM

R395 They were actually paid for training, and not the attack. His past payments to them and text messages showed that's what the amount was for. The CPD's attempt to frame a $3500 CHECK as payment for a crime was ludicrous from the beginning and never made any sense. It's fairly obvious now this was just a hit job by Chicago'a finest.

by Anonymousreply 398March 26, 2019 11:47 PM

R397 If the feds were going to charge Jussie they would have already. He's innocent, try not to cry into your pillow tonight as he walks free and onto the next season of Empire.

by Anonymousreply 399March 26, 2019 11:49 PM

Will anyone hire him now? Any project heโ€™s on will be taint and met with protests and boycotts. I donโ€™t see Empire hiring him back.

by Anonymousreply 400March 26, 2019 11:50 PM

R379 more strings being pulled

by Anonymousreply 401March 26, 2019 11:51 PM

The Chicago police superintendent was on local radio after the announcement, basically providing media with a road map on how to use the Freedom of Information Act to get case files. Which they will.

by Anonymousreply 402March 26, 2019 11:52 PM

Fed and state prosecution will often defer to the other. If the state case had appropriately gone through and Jussie was sentenced to prison, there would have been less of a need to finish the federal investigation and to file charges. Now that there is no state case, the federal case will need to proceed to get justice.

by Anonymousreply 403March 26, 2019 11:53 PM

Moral of the story: Now is the time to fake a hate crime in Chicago! As long as you have a few grand to throw away, you can play the victim!

So who will hire him? Lee Daniels probably.

by Anonymousreply 404March 26, 2019 11:58 PM

The only thing corrupt about the CPD is them attempting to frame Jussie with that check. Those saying he wonโ€™t be hired back to Empire are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 405March 27, 2019 12:04 AM

TMZ pushed a false story claiming he was given pre-trial diversion (I guess this was their best guess) but it's been confirmed by the Sun that this was not the case. He was NOT ordered to do any community service and his record is clean.

Jussie Smollett is another example of someone victimized (re-victimized in his case) by the media and by the police who lied to us because they knew they didn't have the actual proof needed to show he committed a crime.

Reminds me of a certain, deceased pop star in the same situation...

by Anonymousreply 406March 27, 2019 12:10 AM

Chicago's Fox32 News:

CONFIRMED: As part of settlement with Cook County SAO, #JussieSmolett performed combined 16 hours of community service at Rev. Jesse Jackson Srโ€™s @RPCoalition. Included critiquing students in broadcast center, working in bookstore, and talking to visitors.

by Anonymousreply 407March 27, 2019 12:18 AM

Jussie sucks up to Jesse Jackson and receives a Get Out of Jail Free card. Sure beats picking up the lakefront trash.

by Anonymousreply 408March 27, 2019 12:20 AM

WHAT WILL YOU PEOPLE DO NOW???????!!!!

by Anonymousreply 409March 27, 2019 12:21 AM

HAHAHAHAHA, you fucking cunts!

You so richly deserve this egg all over your face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 27, 2019 12:24 AM

Real victims of real crimes get zero attention or help,yet this 3rd rate self hating bitch gets treated with kid gloves. I always used to believe that justice will prevail and truth always wins,but now I know I was just a naive fool.

by Anonymousreply 411March 27, 2019 12:25 AM

R407

"(Smollett) was not in a pre-trial diversion program. There was no time frame set for him to complete certain conditions. His case was dismissed, based on community service heโ€™d already done, and money.โ€"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 27, 2019 12:29 AM

Michelle Obama reaches out to Kim Foxx:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 27, 2019 12:33 AM

R406 so then why did he DO community service? Why did he fork over money?

by Anonymousreply 414March 27, 2019 12:33 AM

Why would you believe that was real, r413? Are you really THAT gullible?

by Anonymousreply 415March 27, 2019 12:34 AM

This past weekend R414.

by Anonymousreply 416March 27, 2019 12:36 AM

R413 That seems like a hoax...Michele Obama isn't Donald Trump level stupid.

by Anonymousreply 417March 27, 2019 12:38 AM

[quote]Why would you believe that was real, [R413]?

Because reporter Rafer Weigel has done sterling work on this story.

But it's not Michelle Obama reaching out to Foxx, it's her former Chief of Staff Tina Tchen.

by Anonymousreply 418March 27, 2019 12:39 AM

Chicago police union calls for federal probe into 'highly, highly suspicious' conduct of prosecutor who 'intervened in the Jussie Smollett case on behalf of Michelle Obama's ex-aide and texted the Empire star's family'

by Anonymousreply 419March 27, 2019 12:39 AM

R417 look at the tweet. It's not Michelle Obama. It's a former aide of Obama.

by Anonymousreply 420March 27, 2019 12:39 AM

This is DIVERSION. Which is okay with me. I get my clients diversion or other alternate resolutions when I can. They are a perfectly acceptable resolution to non-violent offenses. The diversion can be formal or informal as long as the prosecutor is satisfied with it. The court is not involved in these diversion agreements.

But what is nonsense is thinking this in any way exonerates or vindicates Jussie. Whether people understand this or not, this kind of diversion occurs all the time across the country. You don't have to be rich or elite in any way. I have been getting poor black clients this kind of deal regularly for the past three decades. And they didn't need to pay any $10,000 for it either.

The evidence was clearly there or else there would have been no indictment.

by Anonymousreply 421March 27, 2019 12:41 AM

Text messages, published by the Chicago Tribune, exposed details about Foxx's conflict of interest. While police investigated the attack, Foxx traded messages with a lawyer representing Smollett.

Foxx wrote a message saying she "convinced" Supt. Eddie Johnson to talk to the FBI about taking over the case. Smollett's lawyer at the time, Michelle Obama's former chief of staff Tina Tchen, replied, "OMG this would (be a) huge victory." And Foxx replied, "I make no guarantees but I'm trying."

by Anonymousreply 422March 27, 2019 12:41 AM

This thread and all of these threads have been filled with deplorable trash from other sites.

I have some suggestions for what they should do, R409. But it involves fentanyl and some booze.

by Anonymousreply 423March 27, 2019 12:41 AM

[Quote]Will anyone hire him now?

Tyler Perry will.

by Anonymousreply 424March 27, 2019 12:43 AM

Yes, R421, diversion happens all the time -- what doesn't is the perp and the perp's lawyer claiming total exoneration as a result.

by Anonymousreply 425March 27, 2019 12:43 AM

This local journalist released what he claims are messages between Michelle Obama's former staffer and the state attorney having a ridiculously incriminating conversation about an hour ago.

Yet they are first party screenshots of an iMessage conversations between two people who would never share them with anyone if they were true. I have a feeling someone is getting over on the poor journo...

by Anonymousreply 426March 27, 2019 12:46 AM

[quote] I have been getting poor black clients this kind of deal regularly for the past three decades

R421, did those clients have to admit guilt or apologize?

by Anonymousreply 427March 27, 2019 12:46 AM

R421. The problem is Smollett is acting as if there wasn't a deal, which we know to be untrue.

by Anonymousreply 428March 27, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote]This local journalist released what he claims are messages between Michelle Obama's former staffer and the state attorney having a ridiculously incriminating conversation about an hour ago.

The Chicago Tribune published them two weeks ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 27, 2019 12:49 AM

R428 We don't really know that there was a deal. It's too early yet. TMZ isn't really a credible source when it comes to details about their headlines, and local journalists are all speculating from their police department sources (who clearly weren't in the loop) about what happened,

by Anonymousreply 430March 27, 2019 12:50 AM

Whom did he blow?

by Anonymousreply 431March 27, 2019 12:51 AM

Jessie Jackson's Rainbow Push releases a statement about Jussie Smollett's 16 hours of community service there:

"Many of our members and supporters give of themselves and their time to help achieve the goals of the organization. Jussie is a member of our organization. He, like many other members, has given of his time and talent and continues to do so.

During this period of disruption to his life and livelihood, Jussie has spent time here helping to advance this important work. There was no court-ordered community service here.

The prosecutorsโ€™ decision to dismiss the charges are the prosecutors alone, and Jussie should not be the one to defend the decision. He has maintained his innocence from the very beginning.

At a time when our city is wrestling with excessive violence and unsolved homicides our resources and energies should be focused there. Any further questions about Jussie Smollettโ€™s case should be directed to his lawyer."

by Anonymousreply 432March 27, 2019 12:52 AM

R411 the First Step is admitting you are a fool...

by Anonymousreply 433March 27, 2019 12:52 AM

๐™„๐™ฃ๐™™๐™š๐™›๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™—๐™ก๐™š: With no good explanation, prosecutors give Jussie Smollett a pass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 27, 2019 12:53 AM

We do know what the deal was R430. He did 16 hours of "community service," forfeited $10,000 bond, gets the charges dropped and the case is sealed.

by Anonymousreply 435March 27, 2019 12:53 AM

Did SVU already have an episode in the can based on this? If not they'll have to add the twist.

by Anonymousreply 436March 27, 2019 12:54 AM

R429 I didn't realize the texts were old news. Thanks. Even still, it doesn't seem to be about any deal. This was back in the investigation phase when they wanted the FBI to lead the case instead of the CPD. Honestly, I suspect they probably would have been more successful in the long run if they had relented. No one in Chicago (even rich white people) don't trust the police force here. It's worse than Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 437March 27, 2019 12:55 AM

Also, here's the article if anyone wants to read it. -R437

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438March 27, 2019 12:56 AM

They don't call him Juicy for nothing...

by Anonymousreply 439March 27, 2019 12:57 AM

R435 Most of what has been reported has come from TMZ. The local journalists are all attributing their claims what they heard from their sources. We do know that this wasn't a diversion (at least through the courts). We need more information.

by Anonymousreply 440March 27, 2019 1:14 AM

I think the most frustrating part of this is that we will never know WHY Jussie did this. What could possibly drive this young, man who has everything going for him, to get to a place where he feels like he has to pull a stunt like this. That is the part that fascinates me. He will just maintain that he is innocent, but we all know he's not.

I agree with those who said he is about to get blacklisted in Hollywood. He is such a liability now. And he better be careful because he has a big target on him now.

by Anonymousreply 441March 27, 2019 1:15 AM

He may have screwed his sister's career, too. Easier to just avoid the whole family.

by Anonymousreply 442March 27, 2019 1:22 AM

R440 You are missing out if you rely on TMZ for your news. The quotes and links to the prosecutor have been posted on here. Quit being blind to the facts that are out there for anyone to see.

by Anonymousreply 443March 27, 2019 1:26 AM

Jussie is not black. He's half jewish isn't he? This dude has privilege. This case just proves it.

by Anonymousreply 444March 27, 2019 1:27 AM

I wonder of the brothers could nail him in a civil suit, where a corrupt prosecutor couldn't intervene.

by Anonymousreply 445March 27, 2019 1:29 AM

Jussie and his family are wiping their hands of this. They likely have already paid off the brothers to keep their mouths shut.

by Anonymousreply 446March 27, 2019 1:35 AM

This isnโ€™t a TV show or movie. Itโ€™s real life. There arenโ€™t secret payoffs and conspiracies and corrupt DAs walking around.

by Anonymousreply 447March 27, 2019 1:40 AM

Bullshit R362. Shows have to air 80-100 episodes before they can go into syndication. Empire won't even hit 80 until next month.

by Anonymousreply 448March 27, 2019 1:41 AM

R448 It's been syndicated from its second season. At least on one network, probably more.

"TV One Makes Deal For 'Empire' Reruns by Adam Buckman , April 14, 2016 TV One struck a down-to-the-wire deal to air off-network repeats of Foxโ€™s โ€œEmpireโ€ just hours before the African-American cable network was set to deliver its upfront presentation to media buyers and members of the press Thursday morning.

TV Oneโ€™s press release announcing the deal went out Wednesday night at midnight.

By 9 a.m. Thursday, its โ€œEmpireโ€ coup was a highlight of the networkโ€™s breakfast-time presentation in New York.

โ€œWe had a really big day yesterday, and we were working feverishly to get a little deal done,โ€ said TV One President Brad Siegel. TV Oneโ€™s deal for โ€œEmpireโ€ makes TV One the first TV outlet other than Fox to air the high-rated drama about the feuding family behind a fictional music company.

Plans call for repeats of โ€œEmpireโ€ to begin airing on TV One in May. The deal is unusual because โ€œEmpireโ€ has only been on Fox for two seasons amounting to just 30 episodes. (It has been renewed for a third season.) Traditionally, network TV shows donโ€™t become available for off-network syndication until they have four seasons -- or just shy of 100 episodes -- under their belts.

โ€œThe beauty of this [deal] is that you donโ€™t have to wait four years for this show to come to [off-network] TV,โ€ Siegel said. โ€œThe thing I can promise is we are going to sell it at a discount to what Fox is selling it for!โ€ he told his audience of media buyers."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449March 27, 2019 1:45 AM

Hey OP, how do you get your text to italicize and bold?

by Anonymousreply 450March 27, 2019 1:46 AM

R374 Rahm Emanuel was Obamaโ€™s chief of staff for two years before he ran for Mayor in Chicago. Heโ€™s hardly โ€œright wing.โ€

R376 People โ€œjumped on the narrative that he staged the attackโ€ because his story was ridiculous and transparently fake. Stevie Wonder could see that from outer space.

by Anonymousreply 451March 27, 2019 1:50 AM

If they prosecuted Jussie, they'd have to prosecute every Barbecue Becky and Dogpark Debbie, too time consuming.

by Anonymousreply 452March 27, 2019 1:54 AM

r421 read r422.

This is a colossal mistake that will seriously backfire on the black community in Chicago.

Now you've pissed off the entire CPD, not just the racists. There is nothing the local cops hate more than an elitist politician jerking them around on a major, time consuming investigation then pulling rank to kill the case. The coup de grace is calling in the Feds. Holy fuck do locals hate that.

From what I've read on the previously linked LEO boards, they actually "did it right", some more willingly than others.

Now, with Michelle Obama involved, who is a bigot magnet, this will be a political shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 453March 27, 2019 1:55 AM

R451 After the Laquan McDonald shooting and several other damaging scandals he was involved with Rahm's approval rating became extremely low. His vocal attack on Jussie Smollett does nothing for his credibility or reputation because people hate him--and quite frankly don't trust him either. Being a democrat does not make him any more credible of a detractor against Jussie. it probably hurts.

Also, many people did not (and never did) jump on the belief that the attack was faked. Even to this day the dropped charges do not preclude it from having taken place, exactly as he said it. We have not heard a word of testimony from the other two men after all, and the CPD's summary of their claims cannot be trusted either as evidenced by his full, uncomplicated release.

by Anonymousreply 454March 27, 2019 1:59 AM

R441, most people had never heard of Jussie until he was "attacked". THAT'S why he did it. It bought him instant fame and, for awhile, sainted victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 455March 27, 2019 2:00 AM

I always knew Jussie was not guilty and this just a racist, homophobic witch hunt. Finally, Justice for Jussie!

by Anonymousreply 456March 27, 2019 2:02 AM

R453 The CPD is widely believed to be racist and corrupt. Your post assumes that people don't already think this.

After all the unarmed black shootings and other scandals in Chicago, citizens are more annoyed that there are children being shot in the street in unsolved cases than ta TV star being made to be the pinnacle of all evil by equally hated politicians.

by Anonymousreply 457March 27, 2019 2:02 AM

If Aaron The Cockgobbler gets to walk free I can't think of a good reason to put Jussie in prison.

by Anonymousreply 458March 27, 2019 2:04 AM

r455 I think its deeper than thirst for fame. He parties and socializes with big names. Hell, he has Michelle Obama's people on speed dial. He has access to everything.

by Anonymousreply 459March 27, 2019 2:07 AM

He is so sexy. He will have his pick of projects from now on. He is the most famous bachelor in Hollywood.

He got 500 comments here in just a few hours.

Not to mention the other thread. Go Juss!

by Anonymousreply 460March 27, 2019 2:12 AM

R455 R459 All charges were dropped. You can speculate until the end of time but as of this moment, he can continue stating that he did not stage the attack and there Is not a piece of evidence that the CPD did not taint, or only summarize vaguely, that you or I can point to that says differently. At this point, Chicago is a joke and Jussie Smollett continues to have the presumption of innocence. I hope he makes millions more on Empire.

by Anonymousreply 461March 27, 2019 2:13 AM

R455, you are CRAZY if you think most people didnโ€™t know who Jussie was before he was attacked. Empire is one of the most popular shows of the past decade. It is an important piece of pop culture and the actors have been on every talk show there is.

I would say most Americans easily knew Jussie, even if they would have picked him out of a line up as โ€œJamalโ€ instead of Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 462March 27, 2019 2:18 AM

[quote]He will have his pick of projects from now on.

Gurl you must mean projects to live in because those coins are coming to a HALT once Empire is over. Yeah he is sexy so he better hope a rich daddy or baller wants to put a ring on him as their male wife! He better keep that attitude in check too or no man will ever want to claim him.

by Anonymousreply 463March 27, 2019 2:21 AM

R461, he gave up the presumption of innocence when he accepted the fine and community service. Innocent people don't accept deals.

by Anonymousreply 464March 27, 2019 2:22 AM

r464 yes, they do. That happens often in a corrupt justice system.

Having said that, it doesn't mean it applies to Smollett.

This will come back to bite AA political candidates hard.

by Anonymousreply 465March 27, 2019 2:24 AM

R465: No it won't. In one week, no one's gonna give a shit about this except racist cop suckers like the Chicago Tribune and that CWB nonsense some douchebag keeps posting in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 466March 27, 2019 2:26 AM

R464 He did not give up the presumption of innocence. Again--all charges were dropped. He is free to do whatever he wants and there is nothing on his record. Diversion would require he avoid a subsequent conviction for a period of time. It's been made abundantly clear that even in forfeiting the bail this was not a pre-trial diversion case.

by Anonymousreply 467March 27, 2019 2:27 AM

R465, reread my post... He GAVE UP the presumption of innocence.

by Anonymousreply 468March 27, 2019 2:28 AM

it warms my cold, black heart to see all of you trolls having a meltdown over this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 27, 2019 2:30 AM

What about the letter he sent himself? Those are Federal mail fraud charges. His ugly lawyer is dodging Don Lemon's questions now.

by Anonymousreply 470March 27, 2019 2:30 AM

Somehow I think he'll avoid federal charges. I hate this asshole just as much as Trump, Aaron Schock, and Elizabeth Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 471March 27, 2019 2:32 AM

So beautiful to see black People supporting our King Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 472March 27, 2019 2:33 AM

I think the check is what saved him. Remember, you can indict a ham sandwich, but conviction at trail is beyond a reasonable doubt. A check for services rendered makes no sense for commission of a crime. A jury could easily acquit based on that doubt. Prosecutors don't like to go all the way unless they're sure they'll win. If they think they'll lose, then plea deal, diversion, deferral etc. The lawyers up thread is right, this is common folks.

by Anonymousreply 473March 27, 2019 2:35 AM

I would laugh my ass OFF if someone really beat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 474March 27, 2019 2:36 AM

R468 No one cares what you think about his guilt. He maintains the presumption of innocence because he was not convicted of a crime. If he had plead guilty in a deal, then he would have no longer been presumed innocent.

His deal was not a court or pre-trial diversion, like I explained to you in R467. All charges were dropped without court ordered stipulation and his forfeiting the bond amount is not an admission of wrongdoing or a plea of guilty. Anyone who has seen an episode of Law and Order knows this.

by Anonymousreply 475March 27, 2019 2:40 AM

Juss is the hottest ticket in town. His name is cleared and he is ready to get back in the game. He will double his salary and ratings will be through the roof next season.

by Anonymousreply 476March 27, 2019 2:41 AM

R476 Exactly, haters gone hate but Jussie finna get paid!

by Anonymousreply 477March 27, 2019 2:49 AM

Innocent people don't give up 10 grand so easily, or do community service

by Anonymousreply 478March 27, 2019 2:55 AM

I hope some stranger beats his ass in

by Anonymousreply 479March 27, 2019 2:59 AM

R478 You must be stupid, sorry. Let me explain again, the dropping of charges means he continues to enjoy the "presumption of innocence," indefinitely. This does not mean he is proven innocent (which I happen to believe), but that a neutral trier-of-fact (AKA Judge Judy!!!) has not been presented compelling evidence y the prosecution (AKA Corrupt CPD haters) that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. As a result, he bears no burden of proof to maintain his innocence, because that responsibility lies with the people who just dropped all charges.

by Anonymousreply 480March 27, 2019 3:05 AM

R480 Thanks for innocent-spraining all that to us dumb folks, but I stopped reading when you said you think he's innocent. On what planet and under what circumstance could that POSSIBLY be true? The CPD caught the perps, who were friends of his, and they admitted to what happened, and they produced cancelled checks showing he paid them. He also contact them at midnight to say he was running late -- running late for what? Witnesses saw them with him on that street rehearsing the attack before it happened. You can believe all you want, but don't ignore the facts and then call us stupid.

by Anonymousreply 481March 27, 2019 3:15 AM

It was a stupid thing. I never wanted to see him in jail. The fact that he's still denying it is supremely annoying, but funny at the same time, in it's way.

by Anonymousreply 482March 27, 2019 3:19 AM

So the next step of course will be Sarah Huckabee Sanders declaring that anybody accusing Jussie Smollett of making this story up of treason.

I mean, just for consistency's sake.

by Anonymousreply 483March 27, 2019 3:27 AM

[quote]I hope some stranger beats his ass in

oooweee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 27, 2019 3:35 AM

R475, presumption of innocence applies to a trial. It's why everyone said today that he wasn't exonerated after Jussie said he was.

by Anonymousreply 485March 27, 2019 3:43 AM

Smollett has a mental issue.

by Anonymousreply 486March 27, 2019 3:43 AM

And yet there are those here that would willingly fuck or suck him R486.

by Anonymousreply 487March 27, 2019 3:51 AM

Im also upset that this is over and we didn't even get any scandalous gay gossip. I so wanted the investigation to leak that Jussie was getting fucked by a closeted actor or athlete, or celebrity. The Nigerian brothers weren't even fucking him.

by Anonymousreply 488March 27, 2019 3:54 AM

If he was guilty he would have been charged, since he wasn't charged that means he was vindicated and totally innocent.

Conservatives on here, who am I talking about--Jussie or Donald Trump. If slippery justice is good enough for the President of the US, then it's good enough for Jussie

by Anonymousreply 489March 27, 2019 3:57 AM

B-b-but he gave up his $10,000 bond! And he stuffed envelopes at Jesse Jackson's office ! Surely that makes up for 2 months of turmoil and racial animosity and the police department diverting resources from real crimes. And R489 is right --TRUMP !

by Anonymousreply 490March 27, 2019 4:00 AM

Are you quoting or is that your opinion that he is innocent R489

by Anonymousreply 491March 27, 2019 4:01 AM

Smelly Josette

by Anonymousreply 492March 27, 2019 4:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493March 27, 2019 4:34 AM

[quote]I think the check is what saved him.

The check is completely irrelevant when you have two cooperating accomplices testifying that Jussie staged the attack and gave them step-by-step directions. What more does the prosecution need? People have been convicted on less than that.

by Anonymousreply 494March 27, 2019 4:44 AM

[quote]I think the most frustrating part of this is that we will never know WHY Jussie did this.

Because he's fucking nuts?

by Anonymousreply 495March 27, 2019 4:46 AM

This dumb, ignorant piece of shit smollett is running around acting all smug. You JUST know that a guy that fucking stupid is going to fuck up again. My five year old niece could plan a better staged crime than this loser. But loser smollett thinks he's a genius

He'll fuck up again (not in the same way though), but he'll do it in the wrong place and he's going to get thrown to the wolves. What ever prosecutor prosecutes him next time (and we all know there will be a next time) will throw the book at him and the judge will be happy to lock his ass up. All the white racist cops in America will be gunning for him

I wonder how much this cost rupert murdoch to get this dismissed for this loser?

by Anonymousreply 496March 27, 2019 4:51 AM

People expressed outrage because of all the lies CPD told, but like most faux outrage it was premature. When you get the details wrong--about his salary, about the check, about his text messages in an effort to mislead people then you draw doubt over the entire case. I have a feeling the alleged co-conspirators' statements (which we haven't seen) and any other evidence they hinted at in the press conference is as underwhelming as the other details that have since been explained away as normal. Jussie Smollett might as well have been a hate crime victim, but the perpetrator was the Chicago Police Department,

by Anonymousreply 497March 27, 2019 4:52 AM

R497 Nice try. No, actually bad try. You act as if the CPD has squashed the evidence. It was Jussie's attorneys who asked the record be sealed, and the dopes in the AG's office did it. How do you dare blame this on the cops?....Actually I just read your reply again, and I can't figure out what you're saying.

by Anonymousreply 498March 27, 2019 5:01 AM

R498 I don't know why you find this so incredulous. The people who live in Chicago and value their lives do not trust the police to solve crimes, as evidenced by the insane number of unsolved murders and unarmed shootings by officers there. Chicago is one of the only cities whose officials are perceived as more untrustworthy than in Baltimore (the textbook locale of government fraud and pay-for-play corruption of every kind).

So asking me "how do you dare blame this on the cops" only proves to me that you are living in a bubble, and I suggest you do some research on the murder of Laquan McDonald and numerous other Chicagoans who were killed and/or later framed by the police--and yes, we can safely "blame this on the cops" who murdered and framed them in cold blood with alarming frequency that tends to not even garner an indictment amid public outrage from the community. Furthermore, Rahm Emanuel (the main "outraged" politician in this case) is complicit in covering up and attempting to shield the police from responsibility for their crimes in the past.

by Anonymousreply 499March 27, 2019 5:32 AM

DL regulars sure must be angry about this if they're willing to ally themselves with people like r359.

I get that it's irritating but with everything else going on, why waste so much time on this?

by Anonymousreply 500March 27, 2019 5:41 AM

r500 I agree, so Smollett wasted the cops time, i think $10,000 should cover that. There are so many more serious crimes

by Anonymousreply 501March 27, 2019 5:45 AM

Over 10 million dollars in resources were spent on this case. $10,000 doesnโ€™t begin to cover it.

by Anonymousreply 502March 27, 2019 6:43 AM

[quote]I think the most frustrating part of this is that we will never know WHY Jussie did this.

Because he DIDNโ€™T do this, as was proved today. Why keep beating this drum? He has suffered enough already.

by Anonymousreply 503March 27, 2019 6:54 AM

[quote]The CPD caught the perps, who were friends of his, and they admitted to what happened, and they produced cancelled checks showing he paid them.

The checks were for personal training as it plainly said on the checks. Can you read?

[quote]He also contact them at midnight to say he was running late -- running late for what?

Running late for his training session. Most people need to tell their personal trainers when theyโ€™re running late or face a cancellation fee.

[quote]Witnesses saw them with him on that street rehearsing the attack before it happened.

They were doing training. Training doesnโ€™t just mean lyfting weights. There is fight training and MMA training. He likely needed that for his next roll in an action movie. He will be a good choice for the next Bond. Itโ€™s about time we got a gay one.

by Anonymousreply 504March 27, 2019 7:00 AM

David Axelrod:

Unless some better explanation surfaces, hereโ€™s the lesson of this weird turn in the Smollett case:

You can contrive a hate crime, make it a national news, get caught and-if you are a well-connected celebrity-get off for $10K and have your record expunged and files sealed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 27, 2019 11:30 AM

No doubt Jussie was behind this whole shitshow, but Iโ€™m sure he came to regret it real fast. Iโ€™m glad he got out from under it. Heโ€™s no threat to the public (as opposed to the child-eating noseless freak MJ being pushed here by his publicistโ€™s office), he wasnโ€™t trying to hurt anyone so much as help himself, and heโ€™s also family. Iโ€™m okay with family getting a do-over.

by Anonymousreply 506March 27, 2019 11:50 AM

If 10 millions dollars were spent on this, Jussie should have to pay all that back.

by Anonymousreply 507March 27, 2019 11:50 AM

Holy shit I simply had to F&F R506 and block that motherfucker. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 508March 27, 2019 11:58 AM

The only bright spot in this is that people like him will fuck up again. He feels like he got away with it. Of course, no cares about Empire. No one cares about his "music". He's tainted. He may get some support at first but it will dry up and he will need to do something else for publicity. His time will come.

by Anonymousreply 509March 27, 2019 12:00 PM

[quote]I wonder how much this cost rupert murdoch to get this dismissed for this loser?

Murdoch has nothing to do with this. 20th Century Fox which produces Empire, is owned by Disney. Blame Bob Iger and his crew.

by Anonymousreply 510March 27, 2019 12:03 PM

R509: OJ Simpson is the paradigm for this. Jussie will come to the same miserable end.

by Anonymousreply 511March 27, 2019 12:42 PM

R511 We can hope

by Anonymousreply 512March 27, 2019 12:46 PM

Wow this thread is filled with LSA.

by Anonymousreply 513March 27, 2019 1:00 PM

Can the President unseal the sealed records?

by Anonymousreply 514March 27, 2019 1:06 PM

I love how this is triggering racist white people. NOW they get outraged by injustice.

by Anonymousreply 515March 27, 2019 1:11 PM

It was not proved he didn't do it R503. As a matter of fact the prosecutor said this does not exonerate Smollett. I doubt you can comprehend it, but read his statement.

by Anonymousreply 516March 27, 2019 1:39 PM

[quote]If he was guilty he would have been charged, since he wasn't charged that means he was vindicated and totally innocent.

But he was charged.

by Anonymousreply 517March 27, 2019 1:40 PM

twice at work today already I've heard that Obama was behind this. Jussie is such a gift to the Right.

by Anonymousreply 518March 27, 2019 1:42 PM

Jussie's Fake Exoneration is why Trump will win in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 519March 27, 2019 2:02 PM

To those claiming Jussie was framed by the Chicago PD, I have some questions:

Through the course of their investigation, the police located the Nigerian brothers that were seen leaving the scene whom Jussie said were โ€œdefinitelyโ€ his attackers. They arrested them at the airport upon their return from Nigeria. Now we can all agree that these guys are not rich by any means and were said to have been in financial distress, so they got public defenders.

The police couldโ€™ve been heroes to Chicagoans, the black community, the gay community because they caught the perpetrators of this heinous hate crime.

Instead, they attempt to frame the millionaire who we all know has the best lawyers and resources at his disposal? All the while risking their careers, pensions and freedom? All of this under the constant glare of the media spotlights in this EXTREMELY high profile case? For what? If youโ€™re going to say, โ€œbecause theyโ€™re racists,โ€ that doesnโ€™t make any sense because they already had TWO black people in custody. They couldโ€™ve saved themselves the trouble and aggravation and threw the two Nigerian brothers in jail and not been bothered with this elaborate and risky frame up.

Doesnโ€™t make any sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 520March 27, 2019 2:04 PM

If he's not careful, REAL MAGAts will find him and harm him. It sucks that he got off with lame community service and losing his $10,000. Such a travesty of justice. People are MAD about this. All people, including POC and gays.

by Anonymousreply 521March 27, 2019 2:15 PM

Americans are too consumed with white vs black, they fail to see the only color that matters is green

by Anonymousreply 522March 27, 2019 2:26 PM

Jussie's now talking about filing suit against the city of Chicago over this.

by Anonymousreply 523March 27, 2019 2:31 PM

If that is true R523 the guy is real stupid. Does he not realize the evidence they have against him would be used to defend themselves? Someone needs to tell him to fucking shut up.

I turned on the news today and unfortunately this being made a black and white issue.

by Anonymousreply 524March 27, 2019 2:42 PM

Wouldn't him not being allowed to sue be a part of his deal for having the charges dropped? At least you'd think so.

by Anonymousreply 525March 27, 2019 2:44 PM

I'm so disgusted with Chicago as a city. Corruption, incompetence, waste. One silver lining is that people are leaving Illinois generally, and it's already a blue state, so they're helping make other states bluer.

by Anonymousreply 526March 27, 2019 2:47 PM

[QUOTE] I turned on the news today and unfortunately this being made a black and white issue.

It has an area the shade of grey.

by Anonymousreply 527March 27, 2019 2:51 PM

The community service he did is a fucking joke. He should have to spend time with gay and lesbian teenagers who have been kicked out of their names and have dealt with bullying from their peers and adults.

by Anonymousreply 528March 27, 2019 3:21 PM

I got a paper cut from stuffing envelopes, R528!

by Anonymousreply 529March 27, 2019 3:22 PM

โ€œIโ€™m happy that the truth has finally been set free, because I knew it all along,โ€ Taraji P. Henson told USA Today on Tuesday. โ€œWeโ€™re all happy for him, and thank God the truth prevailed.โ€

Henson says the lesson here is โ€œwe should absolutely believe victims. Thatโ€™s why a lot of people, especially females, feel like they canโ€™t come forward saying theyโ€™ve been raped. I believe thatโ€™s why we have a whole #MeToo movement, because women have felt they couldnโ€™t come forward because theyโ€™d be criminalized in some way. Movements donโ€™t just come out of the sky โ€“ movements happen because theyโ€™re needed. You have a group of people who havenโ€™t been heard.โ€

by Anonymousreply 530March 27, 2019 3:31 PM

I like her R530, but she is ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 531March 27, 2019 3:34 PM

The cops in liberal Chicago wouldn't be so firm on his guilt if they didn't have strong evidence. A grand jury indicted him. He's guilty as fuck.

People like him slip up repeatedly. One of these days, he won't be able to get out of the trap he's set for himself. In the meantime, expect plenty of chaos from this trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 532March 27, 2019 3:35 PM

I wonder what the ratings for Empire will be this week.

by Anonymousreply 533March 27, 2019 3:40 PM

Chicago PD releases all their investigation records after a FOIA request!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534March 27, 2019 3:53 PM

So is it the Chicago PD that is demoralized by this action? I am trying to see who's the most pissed other than DL'ers. I thought it was telling for Axelrod to chime in. That's pretty big.

by Anonymousreply 535March 27, 2019 3:59 PM

That was fast @ 534!

(Somebody is very, very angry enough to release docs).

by Anonymousreply 536March 27, 2019 4:25 PM

Some fun facts from a quick perusal of the report:

Bleach was poured into an El Yucateco hot sauce bottle.

One of the trainer brothers claims he had 11 clients, but he worked for free.

Jussie gave his "assailants" a $100 bill to buy the rope.

by Anonymousreply 537March 27, 2019 4:32 PM

Federal charges and prosecution, please. The brothers need to provide sworn depositions for the feds ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 538March 27, 2019 4:34 PM

If Jussie was white Rahm Emanuel would not have held that press conference. Rich people get off all the time and he doesn't hold press conferences to shame them. If Jussie and Kim Foxx had both been white men he would not have reacted that way!

by Anonymousreply 539March 27, 2019 4:39 PM

Because they didn't have a case

by Anonymousreply 540March 27, 2019 4:41 PM

[quote]If Jussie was white Rahm Emanuel would not have held that press conference. Rich people get off all the time and he doesn't hold press conferences to shame them. If Jussie and Kim Foxx had both been white men he would not have reacted that way!

Can you give one, ONE example of other rich people getting off that everyone, you know like the rest of the country and internationally, have heard about that would warrant a press conference of ANY kind, be it to brag or condemn?

by Anonymousreply 541March 27, 2019 4:49 PM

He's a nasty , hideous queen, Empire family paid them all off , who cares about this fuck anymore? Go away.

by Anonymousreply 542March 27, 2019 4:54 PM

For those who are confused

Yes, he made the whole thing up

But police canโ€™t prove the check Smollet gave to the brothers was for beating him up. Through his lawyers, Smollet said the check was for physical training and the brothers, through their lawyers, said yes thatโ€™s true, the check was for physical training.

Cops cannot prove otherwise.

If you canโ€™t prove your case, you donโ€™t have a case.

by Anonymousreply 543March 27, 2019 4:54 PM

His sister worked on the Obama campaign and made white house visits.

We all know he fucking did it, just like we know OJ is guilty as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 544March 27, 2019 4:59 PM

And he'll always have the stink of this on him, just like "innocent" OJ.

Society has a way of exacting its own revenge.

by Anonymousreply 545March 27, 2019 5:05 PM

It was all taken care of with backroom deals and money. Like R545 said, this will follow him for the rest of his life. His image, career, and credibility is ruined. He will maybe get some work, but nothing of quality. His resume has already peaked with "Empire".

by Anonymousreply 546March 27, 2019 5:16 PM

I agree his career and image are ruined, and he deserves that. Everyone knows he did what he did, even his supporters.

by Anonymousreply 547March 27, 2019 5:24 PM

R543:

[quote] But police canโ€™t prove the check Smollet gave to the brothers was for beating him up. Through his lawyers, Smollet said the check was for physical training and the brothers, through their lawyers, said yes thatโ€™s true, the check was for physical training.

Defendants commonly make exculpatory claims. It's up to the prosecutor to provide evidence to the contrary. In this case, there might be other evidence, such as text messages or the testimony of others, including testimony that might be nevertheless be admissible under exceptions to the hearsay exclusion.

[quote] Cops cannot prove otherwise.

It's not for cops to prove. It would have been the prosecutor's job to prove it, if the prosecutor though it was useful to prove the check was for the hoax.

[quote] If you canโ€™t prove your case, you donโ€™t have a case.

If he'd being prosecuted for falsely filing and conspiracy, in neither case would the nature of the payments be central or even necessarily relevant to proving the charges. It doesn't need to be proved that the check was payment for the hoax, though it may be. Payment isn't an element of either charge.

by Anonymousreply 548March 27, 2019 5:28 PM

The CPD has released the case files.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549March 27, 2019 6:20 PM

^ Oopsโ€”sorry, R534

by Anonymousreply 550March 27, 2019 6:21 PM

R550: Do not apologize to that thing. He keeps posting links to a pro-cop shit site. You at least are using a legitimate source.

R532: "liberal Chicago"? First of all, don't make me laugh. Second of all, what does the politics of a city or county have to do with ANYTHING here? Christ.

by Anonymousreply 551March 27, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote] [R421], did those clients have to admit guilt or apologize?

In the beginning the US Attorney's office DID want an admission. It wasn't a formal policy that I can recall but rather the doing of an overbearing paralegal who handled the details and conducted the interview. There were instances when I just got fed up and said forget it we're going to trial. I can't remember the specific outcome of all those cases except they were either dismissed eventually or we won at trial/pretrial motions. That admission requirement changed maybe 20 years ago. Diversion is extremely tempting because you never know what the outcome of a trial will be.

Nowadays we have so many more diversion/deferred prosecution options available. Some jurisdictions require an admission, some don't. Our best diversion program is still the mental health court - it was so needed and it genuinely works with the helpful monitoring defendants get. both from the court and from mental health services.

It all boils down to reserving resources for the violent offenses as well as what's best for a long term solution for the community and, believe it or not, for the defendant.

by Anonymousreply 552March 27, 2019 7:07 PM

Look, regardless of how this turned out if your reply starts by praising the CPD for any type of investigative work, then you've already lost me. Because they are awful, incompetent, and have been caught many times planting and trying to cover up evidence at the highest level. Rahm's low approval ratings are partially in response to his assistance in witholding evidence for months/years in unarmed shootings.

by Anonymousreply 553March 27, 2019 7:15 PM

I think the reason so many people are pissed is because Smollett says this proves he is innocent. Yet the prosecutor has said it does not exonerate him and he believes Smollett is guilty.

by Anonymousreply 554March 27, 2019 7:15 PM

R554 What evidence do we have he's guilty? Every shred of evidence is all tainted and corrupted by the CPD--who has been caught numerous times planting and hiding evidence, especially when it comes to shootings and prescribing guilt to unarmed black murder victims. If they had turned it over to the FBI like that state attorney told them to (the irony) then maybe even a piece of their investigative work might be be taken at face value.

Also, it's crazy how they could release Smollett's case files in less than 24 hours, but over the last four years, reporters and citizen activists have filed at least 10 appeals with the attorney generalโ€™s office after Chicago officials blocked their requests for video, police reports, emails and other materials tied to the murder of Laquan McDonald by a police officer, according to documents maintained by the office.

by Anonymousreply 555March 27, 2019 7:37 PM

The DOJ may indeed prosecute him. Then we'll know everything.

by Anonymousreply 556March 27, 2019 7:42 PM

Can someone explain to me why the Smolletts wanted the case to go to the FBI (per text messages)? What benefit is there in doing that?

by Anonymousreply 557March 27, 2019 7:45 PM

From the case files:

The Osundairo brothers were asked about training fees. One brother said he charges $50 per hour but has taken $20 on low end.

The check Jussie Smollett wrote was for $3,500.

by Anonymousreply 558March 27, 2019 7:48 PM

Jussie is a lying piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 559March 27, 2019 7:50 PM

R557 They claimed they wanted to avoid leaks, and I suspect fabrication of evidence like the CPD has been known to do. Also, by that point they had already misrepresented the evidence and turned Smollett into the criminal. The FBI would have investigated more thoroughly and honestly, and not have put out a single statement until they filed charges or decided not to-similar to the Mueller situation. The irony is that had the CPD recognized their own bias and turned it over to the FBI, they may have charged him if the evidence was actually legitimate.

R558 He had a history of making those payments to them, it wasn't a one-off payment. They had been training him for months and he had been paying them. That's why the CPD claiming that check was for the attack didn't hold up.

by Anonymousreply 560March 27, 2019 7:51 PM

Keep your fucking blinders on R555.

by Anonymousreply 561March 27, 2019 8:02 PM

Within 5 minutes of the story breaking, some of us jaded eldergay DL realists, who've seen it all, been it all, and done it all, pegged Jussie as a comically inept hokeser.

by Anonymousreply 562March 27, 2019 8:35 PM

Is Smollett claiming the Nigerian brothers assaulted him? Would they have grounds to sue him?

by Anonymousreply 563March 27, 2019 8:59 PM

[quote]Is Smollett claiming the Nigerian brothers assaulted him?

He claims two imaginary white men assaulted him.

by Anonymousreply 564March 27, 2019 9:00 PM

Craig Wall ABC 7:

BREAKING: Stateโ€™s Atrorney Kim Foxx says her office did not ask that the court file be sealed, says it was done inadvertently and she believes it is in the process of being unsealed

by Anonymousreply 565March 27, 2019 9:24 PM

Statement @ABC7Chicago obtained from Tina Tchen on communications with @SAKimFoxx:

"Shortly after Mr. Smollett reported he was attacked, as a family friend, I contacted Cook County Stateโ€™s Attorney Kim Foxx, who I also know from prior work together.

My sole activity was to put the chief prosecutor in the case in touch with an alleged victimโ€™s family who had concerns about how the investigation was being characterized in public."

by Anonymousreply 566March 27, 2019 9:28 PM

That statement doesn't make her look good R566. Once again it shows if you have connections.

by Anonymousreply 567March 27, 2019 9:32 PM

Curious that the family member had "concerns about how the investigation was being characterized" at a time when police were standing staunchly behind Jussie's characterization.

by Anonymousreply 568March 27, 2019 9:38 PM

This reeks of Michelle Obamaโ€™s stench.

by Anonymousreply 569March 27, 2019 9:46 PM

To the trolls who keep desperately trying to drag Michelle Obama into this: just stop, you are failing, it's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 570March 27, 2019 10:12 PM

sorry if already posted.

The FBI has launched a probe into the reasons why prosecutors decided to drop all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett โ€” despite evidence that he allegedly staged a hate crime against himself, a report said Wednesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 27, 2019 11:10 PM

R571 Page Six is a gossip tabloid.

by Anonymousreply 572March 27, 2019 11:19 PM

R570, she was friends with Jussie, and her chief aide intervened for him (all on record).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573March 27, 2019 11:33 PM

^R573 mICHElLe DiD iT!

Pure stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 574March 27, 2019 11:38 PM

So it's pure coincidence that there is video of the two brothers at that Beaver hardware store buying ski masks, bleach and rope?!!

by Anonymousreply 575March 27, 2019 11:46 PM

Jussie is going to be his own worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 576March 28, 2019 12:15 AM

He looks like a smug bitch in all that court footage.

by Anonymousreply 577March 28, 2019 12:18 AM

Because he is a smug bitch, R577.

by Anonymousreply 578March 28, 2019 12:21 AM

[quote][R570], she was friends with Jussie, and her chief aide intervened for him (all on record).

Tina Tchen no longer works for Michelle Obama and I doubt that Obama directs her every action. There is really no particular reason to think M. Obama had anything to do with this.

by Anonymousreply 579March 28, 2019 12:22 AM

^ No one really thinks that R579. It's just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 580March 28, 2019 12:22 AM

Brothers' lawyer quits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 28, 2019 12:27 AM

That's probably true, r580.

[quote] So it's pure coincidence that there is video of the two brothers at that Beaver hardware store buying ski masks, bleach and rope?!!

No one's disputing that the brothers conducted the attack, and I don't think anyone seriously believes that Jussie didn't ask them to, but there may not be enough evidence to PROVE that it was his idea, rather than something the brothers did to him on their own, for whatever reason.

by Anonymousreply 582March 28, 2019 12:29 AM

If the brothers are clamming up, it's because they're being paid to. By Team Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 583March 28, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote]The DOJ may indeed prosecute him. Then we'll know everything.

The DOJ is not going to get involved in this shit, dingbat. It's over. You people have lost all perspective on what actually happened, which is essentially nothing. Yeah, Jussie filed a false police report, but that happens all the time and people rarely go to jail for it. Yeah, it is a crime and a shitty thing to do, but in this case the crime was victimless. Yes, yes, I know; it theoretically makes life tougher for victims of real hate crimes, but no actual, specific individuals were attacked or harmed in any way, no property was stolen or damaged, basically nothing fucking happened. While I do think that Jussie got off too easily, indicting him on 16 separate counts was ridiculous overkill, as was the notion that he should spend three years in prison for the hoax.

by Anonymousreply 584March 28, 2019 12:46 AM

Here are all the reasons the story didn't make sense to me as a Chicagoan. First, that area is deserted late at night and the people going home are either drunk tourists waiting to get rolled or richies with Rolexes. You don't go out at night alone and certainly not for a shitty submarine sandwich when you can order from Grubhub or one of a zillion other services. Also, why wouldn't you use a Lyft and go to some late night diner or coffee shop in the area?

Second, no one in their right mind would describe Chicago as MAGA country, There are no Republicans in the city council and they don't even bother to run city-wide candidates in most elections.

Third, if racists were looking for gays to bash, they'd drive in from the suburbs to Boys Town. That's a credible story

Eddie Johnson, the current police superintendent. was brought in to clean house post LaQuan McDonald and post Justice Department consent decree, which the Sessions DOJ refused to enforce. I wouldn't make snap judgments about him. I think he's very credible. I know very little of Kim Foxx but I'm shocked that her office wouldn't keep the CPD and the mayor in the Loop. I think everyone expected some kind of plea. It was the lack of a plea, allocution, community service, expunging of his record, etc. that made no sense.

I see no reason in the world to seal the record, which includes transcripts of open court hearings. This was just weird.

by Anonymousreply 585March 28, 2019 1:00 AM

So what new information we will learn now that the docs are unsealed? I just want to find out some juicy details that we didn't know before. I couldn't care less if Jussie goes to jail or not or if the DOJ investigates.

by Anonymousreply 586March 28, 2019 1:14 AM

So many triggered Yakubians on this website.

by Anonymousreply 587March 28, 2019 1:14 AM

Here's a start r586. These guys have had some of the best reporting on this case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588March 28, 2019 1:30 AM

Jussie Smollett is up for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series at the 50th NAACP Image Awards on Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589March 28, 2019 2:35 AM

And he will get a standing ovation from the crowd as "The guy who got away with it."

by Anonymousreply 590March 28, 2019 2:50 AM

R588 No matter how many links you post to CWB we aren't clicking that racist, shit-rag newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 591March 28, 2019 3:50 AM

CWB reads like it's written by someone living in Mt. Greenwood. I can read the same actual crime articles on one of the major news networks without the fear mongering.

by Anonymousreply 592March 28, 2019 3:52 AM

You mean the blog? The one who has gay staff? That one r591 and r592? Do we have some self haters in our midst? I think we do!

by Anonymousreply 593March 28, 2019 3:54 AM

OK you guys don't want to link to CWB why ? Because they've pretty much been on point the whole time? Because you don't like that they;ve been on point the whole time? At any point do you want to point out the racist content you're talking about? I'm dumb.

by Anonymousreply 594March 28, 2019 4:02 AM

Yes Jussie was going to a training session with the brothers, that's why he was keeping them updated on his arrival. Because 2 am after you come off a delayed flight is the time you'd pick for a lifting session. But only after you get a big heavy sandwich at Subway.

by Anonymousreply 595March 28, 2019 4:04 AM

No one is going to ever hire this piece of shit again

by Anonymousreply 596March 28, 2019 4:13 AM

Betcha $10 R596 - I'm thinking Nike will pick him up, then he'll emcee the Emmys to a standing ovation, then all the woke walking dead will line up to hire him. Is this your first time at the rodeo?

by Anonymousreply 597March 28, 2019 4:17 AM

R593 what in the world does them having gay staff have to do with their overt, over-the-top racist slant in reporting. CWB is trash, if they're the best source for your information in such a high profile story then don't get mad at us. Just like Daily Mail or TMZ the info is only as solid as the people reporting on it.

by Anonymousreply 598March 28, 2019 4:17 AM

Chicago PD is corrupt as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 599March 28, 2019 4:25 AM

[quote]I'm thinking Nike will pick him up, then he'll emcee the Emmys to a standing ovation

Nike would not touch him with a ten foot pole. How out of touch are you? Do you think Nike wants boycotts? And no awards show would let him host, LOL! And no one would give him a standing ovation as their standing ovation would be screencapped and memed to oblivion and used against them.

by Anonymousreply 600March 28, 2019 4:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!