Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

American Idol 2019

Is there really no thread yet for this season of American idol????? Who else is watching? This has become my favorite guilty pleasure. Catch up on Hulu, if you must. Please indulge me and tell me your favorites.

by Billy Dean reply 233Last Friday at 5:28 PM

Also applies to American Idol.

by Billy Dean reply 103/25/2019

The judges must be deaf. They gave that blind girl a standing O. She was awful and off key.

by Billy Dean reply 203/25/2019

They just got rid of her.

by Billy Dean reply 303/31/2019

Because they suck

by Billy Dean reply 403/31/2019

Not a bad top 20 at all! Surprisingly good, other than a couple I don't "get". And there are 3 out gay men (and 2 or 3 I suspect) including cute ginger former janitor Jeremiah..he, Alejandro, and the dark haired girl who sang Wicked Game...Eleanor, I think?

by Billy Dean reply 503/31/2019

^are my favorites.

by Billy Dean reply 603/31/2019

What's with all the suicides in the back stories? Is the criteria now to have a really hard luck story as part of the process? And as usual, lots of God talk. Guess nothing's changed.

by Billy Dean reply 703/31/2019

I watched this last night for the first time in years. Does everyone on the show have a suicidal brother? That being said I was happy that none of the hard luck story types made it through. They even rejected the blind girl! I actually enjoyed the show and plan on watching tonight. The country teen looks like someone who could make it to the end.

Katy Perry was bearable.

by Billy Dean reply 804/01/2019

Everyone has a story. Give yourself ten minutes, you'll think of yours.

by Billy Dean reply 904/01/2019

I think this is the deepest field American Idol has ever had. I have too many to count among my favorites.

by Billy Dean reply 1004/01/2019

They really have a lot of talent this year. I'm excited to see who's going to thrive in the competition and who's going to fold. I'm rooting for Jerimiah, Alejandro, Evelyn, Dimitrius, and Ashley, but I think Logan and Lacy Beth will go far, and I'm fine with that. Uche is a lot of fun. The gay guy who has lost a lot of weight is very good but I forget about him.

I'm not into the big Guy's voice at all..Wade. I was scared he was going to have a heart attack. I can't think of any of the others right now, but I didn't think any of the top 20 were terrible.

by Billy Dean reply 1104/01/2019

There's like four gay guys in this show. Every dude seems to ping gay or bi so far

by Billy Dean reply 1204/01/2019

Evelyn was on the show 90 Day Fiance last year. She married a guy from Spain.

This is her second attempt at fame via reality show.

by Billy Dean reply 1304/01/2019

Oh shit, that lady was with that hot Spanish dude that stripped down into briefs?

by Billy Dean reply 1404/01/2019

I would only watch to look at Luke Bryan but I won't. If I wanna hear karaoke, I'll go to the bar..

by Billy Dean reply 1504/01/2019

Sweet gay ginger Jeremiah was excellent tonight.

Damn, I thought I'd seen Evelyn before. I've barely ever watched 90 DAY FIANCÉ but I must have seen her. I do think she has a uniquely beautiful voice, but she needs to do something more than the "sleepy" songs she's been doing so far.

I guess they will be ditching 3 girls and 3 guys to make a Top 14.

For the girls, I think the eliminated ones will be "Ragu", Bumbly, and the hippie chick who sang the Cardigans song tonight or the blond girl in the stupid hat.

I think the ousted boys will be Eddie "Island" (ugh), Dimitrius (his "Hello" was kind of a mess), and either the has-to-be gay hardware store clerk, or maybe the former fattie gay. He has a great voice, but he's kind of forgettable.

Again, I don't see what's so special about Wade (the big guy).

by Billy Dean reply 1604/01/2019

I do believe all the DL faves are in the Top 14 making this year one long Pride parade. What a difference a decade makes. I remember when they had to be coy about Adam Lambert and balanced him out with fundie Danny Gokey.

by Billy Dean reply 1704/02/2019

I enjoyed this guy's audition the best. Alejandro.

One of the comments on there says "you know you're a winner when Luke Bryan looks like he's trying to solve a math problem" lol.

by Billy Dean reply 1804/02/2019

I am in Jeremiah's corner. He sang beautifully on Monday night, and all of his previous performances were noteworthy. I feel for the kid. His parents, who run a church, don't accept his homosexuality. They took his janitor's job (at the church) away from him after his audition turned out so well and he got some national exposure. They refuse to see him perform. It's heartbreaking.

by Billy Dean reply 1904/02/2019

Yeah but watch how fast they come around if he gains fame and fortune. These Xtians love money and power as much as Jeebus. I just want him to stop whining about it, hold his head up and be proud.

by Billy Dean reply 2004/02/2019

I hope Jeremiah goes far, and yes, tells his parents to fuck off.

by Billy Dean reply 2104/02/2019

Soooo bad. Pat Benatar barely raising a brow and blowing those bitches off the stage.

by Billy Dean reply 2204/07/2019

Why do we now have to accept Pat Benatar's husband as a star and her equal? That must be how she has kept him in the marriage so long. They are coming to my city and there are huge billboards making it look like they are a duo.

by Billy Dean reply 2304/07/2019

I'd like to fuck that little Jason Mraz.

by Billy Dean reply 2404/07/2019

Yeah, Mraz is aging nicely. But I'd rather fuck that Layne kid. Thank God they put him through.

by Billy Dean reply 2504/07/2019

He gives me douchebag vibes. And I really hate these fucking duets. Complete waste of an episode. Make that two episodes.

by Billy Dean reply 2604/07/2019

I easily picked the 3 who ended up getting the hook.

by Billy Dean reply 2704/07/2019

Yep, no surprises tonight.

I think the 3 getting the boot tomorrow will be the hippie girl --Raquel?--Eddie Island, and either Nick (with the suicidal brothers) or the former meth addict twink.

by Billy Dean reply 2804/07/2019

The western judge I call him the fake Blake. As American idol tries to copy The Voice.

by Billy Dean reply 2904/07/2019

I tuned out once my Bieber cowboy kid got cut so didn't realize Suicide Nick was still around. He has a good chirpy mouth at least. Odd how they exploit the sad stories and then boot 'em to the curb. "Blind teen? Thanks for the heartache but see ya'." "Mom abandoned cowhunk as a child? 9 out of 10 but bye." "Frizzy redhead biracial with slut Mom with mega kids from different daddies? It was fun, later."

by Billy Dean reply 3004/08/2019

OP: How're things in 2002?

I won't spoil the surprise and tell you what happens to Trump.

by Billy Dean reply 3104/08/2019

Fuck this season. They seriously cut Logan, Raquel and Ryan and picked Nate, Alejandro and Eddie?! Are you kidding me?!

by Billy Dean reply 3204/08/2019

Is Evelyn ever going to do anything different? One trick pony.

by Billy Dean reply 3304/08/2019

I stopped watching when they cut Myra Tran.

by Billy Dean reply 3404/08/2019

I was most shocked about cutting Ryan. They told Eddie Island to take it more seriously onstage and he couldn’t help himself. He still made some joke moves in his performance. I thought it was rude to his duet partner.. Why did they reward him?

Ryan deserved that spot. He was growing as a singer.

by Billy Dean reply 3504/08/2019

Jeremiah and Cynthia Erivo duet.

by Billy Dean reply 3604/09/2019

Jeremiah is just too karaoke. Walker is better but I see him more on Broadway doing "... Evan Hansen" (he'd be great, actually).

Of course, Logan is cut since he looks moderately like a star.

And I was right, Suicide Nick has been gone a while now.

by Billy Dean reply 3704/09/2019

R37 I said the same thing. I knew Logan wouldn’t make it through cause he actually is the full package. These judges hate that.

They prefer Eddies and Nate’s to Logan’s.

by Billy Dean reply 3804/09/2019

I used to enjoy American Idol but this version is unwatchable for me because I can't stand Katy Perry.

by Billy Dean reply 3904/09/2019

I miss the constructive (and sometimes snarky) criticism from past judges. These days, everyone gets a tongue bath. I have no idea why Evelyn gets such praise from the judges. It feels like they are trying desperately to make her happen.

by Billy Dean reply 4004/09/2019

Logan just did a Live and his vocals were PERFECTION. He sings beautifully, plays guitar, piano and drums, is good looking... but they choose Nate and Eddie Island instead.

by Billy Dean reply 4104/09/2019

Nate is gone.

by Billy Dean reply 4204/09/2019

And Logan's Young and Sober story was a good one for kids. Teen idol material. This show judging SUCKS.

by Billy Dean reply 4304/09/2019

Yes. Wasn’t Logan addicted to pills r43? Very common in today’s youth.

by Billy Dean reply 4404/09/2019

You could tell his blonde mentor adored him too. Really liked their duet and how it came together.

by Billy Dean reply 4504/09/2019

Ryan is tons better than stupid Eddie Island.

by Billy Dean reply 4604/09/2019

I would actually have picked Logan, Ryan and Raquel over the final 3 they chose. Nate, Eddie and Alejandro will never be pop stars.

by Billy Dean reply 4704/09/2019

Logan has a lovely voice.

by Billy Dean reply 4804/09/2019

At this point, there is only Layne for whom to root. He can go the Scotty McCreery route. The one thing that could help him is that an anonymous mousy blonde girl won last year so hopefully they will fix it/steer away from it this year.

by Billy Dean reply 4904/09/2019

We aren't alone apparently. What the fuck were they thinking? Get rid of one of the karaoke singers instead. I love the simple harmonizing he did with Julia up front.

by Billy Dean reply 5004/09/2019

I loved Logan’s performance with Julia Michaels. Their chemistry was natural and she adored him. He’s clearly nervous and she keeps smiling at him almost to get him to relax.

His vocals are very pure.

by Billy Dean reply 5104/09/2019

Logan is generic.

by Billy Dean reply 5204/09/2019

At least it intro'd me to Julia Michaels and especially that song -- though I prefer Logan's take on the male role. I love that he doesn't push it or fall for theatrics, though that might have kept him around. I'll buy his EP when it comes (same way I did with cutie Trevor Douglas).

by Billy Dean reply 5304/09/2019

Logan sounded like autotune in Hawaii. I really wanted that 16 year old country girl to get booted for her singing last week, but she redeemed herself in the duet with Brett Young. Unfortunately, I think she will make it to the top 3 now,considering the viewers of this show

by Billy Dean reply 5404/09/2019

R53 Julia Michaels song “Issues” was a #1 hit. I listen to it all the time and it’s always being played.

However, I never heard that song, and I too prefer Logan’s take on the male part to Niall Horan.

by Billy Dean reply 5504/09/2019

Love it. Who is the stud in the video?

Odd that she doesn't have a full length album yet, even with this level of acclaim (and she is indeed good). Only that EP and another upcoming -- but only Streaming (which I guess is the new trend? Not even bothering with actual CDs anymore?)

by Billy Dean reply 5604/09/2019

I feel newer artists don’t worry about CDs so much anymore cause most people don’t buy them. Very few artists sell physical copies these days, mainly Adele and Taylor Swift.

Julia is quite good! Issues is a great song and I liked watching her on American Idol. She seems very sweet. I hope she records a song with Logan.

by Billy Dean reply 5704/09/2019

Yeah, was nice when he asked her to keep mentoring him at the end. So maybe we'll see them together again. He got robbed so maybe she'll feel bad for him and give him a break.

by Billy Dean reply 5804/09/2019

There is no Nate in the top 20. Maybe you mean Wade? I don't get what the judges see in him.

Logan was generic and boring. Ryan had a great voice but was also a little boring. Maybe they didn't want America having 2 out gay guys to vote for.

by Billy Dean reply 5904/09/2019

R58 that’s what I’m thinking. I’m sure she feels bad he got cut when in reality he should have made it through. And I say that confidently. He has a lovely voice and is the full package. Anyone thinking Wade is gonna be a big Star is lying to themselves.

Hope she reaches out to him and does a duet with him, even if they record that song she did with Niall. I prefer him on it.

by Billy Dean reply 6004/09/2019

Oh please. They prefer Wade, Alejandro and Eddie Island to Logan because they are ugly. It caters to the SJWs.

The SJWs would riot if someone like Logan, young and handsome straight white guy, got in over the fat uglies.

by Billy Dean reply 6104/09/2019

I didn’t realize Logan was in Nate’s group when he couldn’t sing cause he was sick. And they still put Nate through lmao.

by Billy Dean reply 6204/09/2019

Yeah, Logan and the rest handled it nicely too, no bitchbites or drama. Nicely supportive. Only made me like him more.

BUT the real thing that keeps him from being "generic", in my opinion, is that high clear voice. It doesn't feel put on and it's very soothing, like a modern day Art Garfunkle. I just liked listening to him and I can't say that about some more technically trained singers who give me a headache.

That he was cute but a nice plus but, really, it was his voice. The cuter ones were Bieber cowboy, tall lanky cowboy whose mama left him, and sexy Spanish singer. Though I do think with a little skin therapy, Walker has something too.

by Billy Dean reply 6304/10/2019

Logan is so cute!!!

And he seems very kind, understanding and humble. He also has a beautiful and NATURAL voice. Nothing forced. He has a SMOOTH high beautiful voice and I’m obsessed.

Very gorgeous.

by Billy Dean reply 6404/10/2019

I have a hard time liking Wade. He thought he needed a passport to visit Hawaii, he didn't know it was a state. He was shown the direction to Pearl Harbor. He thought Pearl Harbor was just a movie. He walked barefoot to the judges to learn if he made the top 20. Am I being overly critical? Are most music stars illiterate in U.S. history?

Even worse, is he typical of the modern American youth?

by Billy Dean reply 6504/10/2019

Wade would've had a hard time being a rock star even back in the '70s before image and MTV. Now... forget it. Who's going to sign him?

by Billy Dean reply 6604/10/2019

Wade's weight will be a concern of the producers signing him up. How long can a man like that move energetically on a stage for a couple of hours under hot lights? Who would want to worry about insurance? He needs to figure out a way to slim down if anyone will have an interest in him.

by Billy Dean reply 6704/10/2019

Wade being picked over Logan or Ryan is blasphemy

by Billy Dean reply 6804/10/2019

The deplorables love him so he'll go far.

by Billy Dean reply 6904/10/2019

"Idol" is so over, I doubt they go on any kind of tour anymore. So producers will use up Garage Band Wade and milk his story and then toss him to the curb with the other sad eyes.

I do wish they would let the audience vote one person back though. For once in my lifetime, I would call in -- and push for Logan back. That great harmonizing he does up front is not on the original track with Niall so all his. And sounds so damn good.

by Billy Dean reply 7004/11/2019

Y'all...Logan is never going to fuck you.

by Billy Dean reply 7104/11/2019

I don’t need Logan to fuck me. I need him back on my TV. He was robbed.

by Billy Dean reply 7204/11/2019

Team Uche

by Billy Dean reply 7304/11/2019

Top 14 tonight!

by Billy Dean reply 7404/14/2019

Layne and Katy will probably be final 2, but I'm still rooting for Jeremiah!

by Billy Dean reply 7504/14/2019

Back in the day, Layne would be a lock with the Idol's then-voting base. Now, it's not so clear.

by Billy Dean reply 7604/14/2019

Anyone else noticing the small feud going on between Luke and Katy?

by Billy Dean reply 7704/14/2019

Severe weather warnings keep interrupting and they are more exciting than most of the singers tonight. I miss Logan, damnit. This screaming oversinging karaoke contest is just not interesting -- I can't stand the Madisons and the blonde cheerleaders and the soul singer who missed his decade and especially warbling Wade. At this point, there is only Laine to look at and I want Walker to stick around for Broadway night (if they still have it) but it's just so dull, little star power -- great singing technique maybe but bores me blond.

This is why so many great actors who conquer Shakespeare don't translate to the movies. They don't have that It thing. And they let go a lot of singers who did.

by Billy Dean reply 7804/14/2019

"blind", of course, not "blond". Though I am bored that too. Forgot to include the truly atrocious Eddie Island, as well. Childs birthday party act.

by Billy Dean reply 7904/14/2019

Madison is very good.

by Billy Dean reply 8004/14/2019

Eddie Island is terrible!

by Billy Dean reply 8104/14/2019

Madison has no star factor though. Just a chubby little Diane deMarmo or whatever her name was way back when.

Alejandro is appealing though. Shy but nice humble smile. And talented more in a recording contract way than a belting it at the High School musical way.

by Billy Dean reply 8204/14/2019

Riley's dad is a hot daddy!

by Billy Dean reply 8304/14/2019

Your wish is my command, r79.

by Billy Dean reply 8404/14/2019

Gets Worse.

by Billy Dean reply 8504/14/2019

Madison, Jeremiah, Uché back to back to back was amazing. I think they will be the top three.

by Billy Dean reply 8604/14/2019

I predict the 4 not making the top 10 will be Eddie, Evelyn, Dimitrius, and Alyssa.

by Billy Dean reply 8704/14/2019

I predict half the viewers will die of boredom by next week.

by Billy Dean reply 88Last Monday at 2:31 AM

How did Laine do? I missed the first two acts.

I want to see all the bland acs go tonight -- Eddie Vote Him Off the Island, blonde girl who made it instead of hot boyfriend, dull Raghu girl, blonde cheerleader. We could go ahead and get rid of three more, though I seem to be in the minority regarding Madison. And Walker was really bad the other night, school Talent Show performance.

by Billy Dean reply 89Last Monday at 7:12 AM

I love Logan. He should have been there.

by Billy Dean reply 90Last Monday at 7:46 AM

R89: Laine was very good, but not stellar. I personally love the whole "Elvis vibe," but I think he risks being labeled a Johnny One-Note unless he mixes it up a bit in the coming weeks.

by Billy Dean reply 91Last Monday at 8:03 AM

Eddie Island was terrible. Idk what they love about him.

by Billy Dean reply 92Last Monday at 1:32 PM

Why are some of these "kids" or singers so overweight?

by Billy Dean reply 93Last Monday at 4:09 PM

Cause they can sing...

by Billy Dean reply 94Last Monday at 4:10 PM

I hope Evelyn goes home. My God.

by Billy Dean reply 95Last Monday at 4:35 PM

I thought Evelyn’s performance tonight was strong. She should have did this yesterday.

by Billy Dean reply 96Last Monday at 4:37 PM

Nice self-written song, Jeremiah. And then the belting (bleating?) begins. God, I miss Logan and his understated soothing voice.

by Billy Dean reply 97Last Monday at 4:38 PM

I miss Logan also. Very natural singer with a beautiful voice and tone and VERY VERY SMOOTH. His vocals never have a glitch. Always smooth. His voice is easy to listen to and comforting.

I love Jeremiah though and am rooting for him.

by Billy Dean reply 98Last Monday at 4:41 PM

Evelyn’s glottal air swallowing is now irritating.

by Billy Dean reply 99Last Monday at 4:44 PM

Ragu!

by Billy Dean reply 100Last Monday at 4:44 PM

I find Ragu boring.

by Billy Dean reply 101Last Monday at 4:46 PM

The only "exciting" performer is Uche.

by Billy Dean reply 102Last Monday at 4:48 PM

Uche was fantastic last night. He shocked me.

I’m tired of the judges saying each performer has “grown”.

by Billy Dean reply 103Last Monday at 4:50 PM

Lionel is a master at softening Rejection.

by Billy Dean reply 104Last Monday at 4:51 PM

What a haunting voice Wade Coda has.

by Billy Dean reply 105Last Monday at 4:53 PM

But his Subtext isn't hidden very well: "No fucking WAY you are getting a second chance. Good luck out there on your way to oblivion."

by Billy Dean reply 106Last Monday at 4:53 PM

Lionel looked shocked Wade made top 10.

by Billy Dean reply 107Last Monday at 4:54 PM

Wade Heart Attack scheduled for week three, apparently. "Die for the music!", always a good career move.

by Billy Dean reply 108Last Monday at 4:55 PM

Lionel is in his "own zone."

by Billy Dean reply 109Last Monday at 4:56 PM

"Wade, you are 99% body fat and sitting in a room with no AC and about to sing under even hotter lights... I think you should wear a long sleeve flannel shirt and REALLY relax."

by Billy Dean reply 110Last Monday at 4:57 PM

Remote is in hand ready to MUTE for Eddie Island.

by Billy Dean reply 111Last Monday at 4:58 PM

Eddie Island is terrible. I don’t get what everyone loves.

by Billy Dean reply 112Last Monday at 5:00 PM

So many sad fucking songs this season.

by Billy Dean reply 113Last Monday at 5:01 PM

Eddie Island stole Logan’s spot so he’s dead to me.

by Billy Dean reply 114Last Monday at 5:02 PM

With a little guidance, Dimitrius could do great. But I am afraid he is dead meat tonight (unless Lionel saves him).

by Billy Dean reply 115Last Monday at 5:02 PM

"You are born enough...."

Lionel ministering to the AI flock.

by Billy Dean reply 116Last Monday at 5:05 PM

Bet Uche wins it all. Everyone else is awful.

by Billy Dean reply 117Last Monday at 5:08 PM

R115 why Lionel? Cause he’s black?

Luke has more emotional ties to him than anyone else

by Billy Dean reply 118Last Monday at 5:10 PM

Lacis voice is so good.

by Billy Dean reply 119Last Monday at 5:13 PM

OMG Eddie.....please please

by Billy Dean reply 120Last Monday at 5:14 PM

Eddie is shocked! SHOCKED! lol

by Billy Dean reply 121Last Monday at 5:15 PM

We may get lucky -- unless Katie saves Eddie Island, oy.

I figured Luke would go for one of the country boys, especially if Laine ends up in the bottom. They cut so many of that genre this year that there is almost nobody left.

by Billy Dean reply 122Last Monday at 5:17 PM

A shot every time a judge says **room for growth**

by Billy Dean reply 123Last Monday at 5:18 PM

LOL, Ryan: "You've still got a shot, right?" After Lionel pretty much told him to pack his bags.

by Billy Dean reply 124Last Monday at 5:19 PM

I don't think Eddie's "mohair jacket" helped his cause last night.

- Elton

by Billy Dean reply 125Last Monday at 5:21 PM

God, if we never have to hear "B-b-b-Benny and the Jets" again. So many great songs from Elton John especially obscure lesser hits like "In Neon" and "Sartorial Eloquence" and they go for karaoke?

by Billy Dean reply 126Last Monday at 5:24 PM

Time to send this home to her much hotter than she deserves boyfriend. "Sir Duke", jesus...

by Billy Dean reply 127Last Monday at 5:25 PM

(the WHITEST version of "Sir Duke" ever sung apparently).

by Billy Dean reply 128Last Monday at 5:25 PM

Lionel is delicately crafting another sweet rejection.

by Billy Dean reply 129Last Monday at 5:26 PM

And she looks ten years over the age limit too. Bye, sweetie.

by Billy Dean reply 130Last Monday at 5:26 PM

Ashley shouldn’t have been placed through to begin with. She’s forgettable

by Billy Dean reply 131Last Monday at 5:27 PM

Jesus, Katie... "that was the best performance I ever saw from you" if you are entering the Mrs. Georgia pageant and twirling baton at the same time. Here comes Laine. Hot as fuck.

by Billy Dean reply 132Last Monday at 5:28 PM

Party Hardy...

by Billy Dean reply 133Last Monday at 5:28 PM

Laine and those teeth. Interesting, he looks so Asian but I am guessing isn't based on his family (and his brother). Am I wrong?

Great skin too.

by Billy Dean reply 134Last Monday at 5:29 PM

His mother is Asian, r134.

by Billy Dean reply 135Last Monday at 5:30 PM

(Did you guys catch Laine in those gym oriented ads for the show this past week? With the headband over the wild hair and the push-ups? The only heartthrob left in the show now that Logan is gone).

by Billy Dean reply 136Last Monday at 5:31 PM

Laine is half Asian.

by Billy Dean reply 137Last Monday at 5:33 PM

I guess Alejandro is toast for a few minutes, anyway. They'll vote him back in aka Ada Vox and then he'll be gone again soonafter, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the Laine info. Don't know how I missed his mom all this time, just remember his brother coming on stage and looking quite different. Laine is a great combo platter.

by Billy Dean reply 138Last Monday at 5:34 PM

Alejandro is the most dull. At least someone got rid of his frosted tips.

by Billy Dean reply 139Last Monday at 5:34 PM

Laci's voice seemed really strained tonight.

by Billy Dean reply 140Last Monday at 5:37 PM

Uche.....oh noooooo! Alejandro?????

by Billy Dean reply 141Last Monday at 5:38 PM

Yikes, I was wrong. Uche in the bottom -- but saved, no doubt. Ale is as short as Ryan. Hadn't noticed before.

by Billy Dean reply 142Last Monday at 5:39 PM

Alejandro seems to be going for a gig in a Steely Dan cover band. Now appearing at Eddie's Attic, 2 drink minimum.

by Billy Dean reply 143Last Monday at 5:40 PM

Alejandro would be great as a lounge singer.

by Billy Dean reply 144Last Monday at 5:40 PM

Don't forget DJ Alejandro at the Casino...

- Luke

by Billy Dean reply 145Last Monday at 5:41 PM

With a tip jar on the piano.

by Billy Dean reply 146Last Monday at 5:41 PM

..Or on a Viking Cruise Ship, r144.

by Billy Dean reply 147Last Monday at 5:42 PM

"And now please welcome the song stylings of... Alejandro!"

by Billy Dean reply 148Last Monday at 5:43 PM

Love UCHE! That guy can outperform them all..

by Billy Dean reply 149Last Monday at 5:45 PM

Ryan comes up to Uche's nipples. Uche looks defeated but hope he pulls it off.

by Billy Dean reply 150Last Monday at 5:45 PM

Uche could pull a Jennifer Hudson and win an Oscar for doing the Sylvester story.

by Billy Dean reply 151Last Monday at 5:46 PM

Uche could sing a James Bond film opening score.

by Billy Dean reply 152Last Monday at 5:47 PM

America won't vote for Uche.

by Billy Dean reply 153Last Monday at 5:48 PM

Yay Lionel! Right On Lionel!

by Billy Dean reply 154Last Monday at 5:50 PM

Love Lionel this season. He’s been on it.

by Billy Dean reply 155Last Monday at 5:55 PM

I told you guys that Luke would be the one to put Dem through

by Billy Dean reply 156Last Monday at 5:59 PM

Katy loved Ragu all along. Not a surprise.

by Billy Dean reply 157Last Monday at 6:00 PM

Storms knocked out my cable. What is going on? Who was sent home?

by Billy Dean reply 158Last Monday at 6:01 PM

They sure do use a lot of Elton John songs. 2 last night, tiny dancer last week, and Your Song the week before.

by Billy Dean reply 159Last Monday at 6:07 PM

I have liked Ashley but that Sir Duke cover was cheesy. I don't really like "Ragu" but I'm glad she got in over Riley. Riley's cute and her dad is hot, but she was in over her head.

I think Evelyn could have a career with the right songs. She really does have a cool voice.

I hope I never see or hear Eddie Island again.

I still don't see anything special about Wade.

Laine is cute and can sing, but he's not my kind of musician..but he will probably win. Jeremiah is still my favorite. Uche and Dimitrius both have a ton of potential.

Is this the first time there's only been 3 girls in the top 10?

by Billy Dean reply 160Last Monday at 6:23 PM

Riley’s actually good. Great Country vocalist. Issue is she is not winning American Idol.

I didn’t notice her dad.

by Billy Dean reply 161Last Monday at 6:30 PM

R160 yes. Almost all males. Lol.

Evelyn is talented. I thought she was wonderful tonight. Eddie Island can rot. He stole Logan’s spot.

by Billy Dean reply 162Last Monday at 6:31 PM

Now **this** is Talent. Uche.

by Billy Dean reply 163Last Monday at 6:40 PM

This is talent. Under appreciated talent.

by Billy Dean reply 164Last Monday at 6:43 PM

The lovely and talented Logan sang for us on Live. Love him.

by Billy Dean reply 165Last Monday at 7:21 PM

I’m so surprised Uche wasn’t in the top 7. I’ll be voting for Uche to help him along. He is so gorgeous and entertaining. Laci has a beautiful tone and is by far my favorite.

by Billy Dean reply 166Last Monday at 7:47 PM

Laci is so incredibly beautiful and she has the voice of an angel. I'll keep voting for her. Madison also has one of the best voices this season. Hope they both continue on in the competition.

by Billy Dean reply 167Last Monday at 7:53 PM

How did America vote Wade over Uché? What???

by Billy Dean reply 168Last Monday at 8:40 PM

Uche's problem is that he overperforms and it affects his singing. In his Sunday night performance I hard a time figuring out what song he was singing. His performance didn't get good until half way through. Tonight, it was like two different people inside male/female were singing. He has potential, but he needs more control over his voice.

by Billy Dean reply 169Last Monday at 10:47 PM

Once America starts voting, the prettiest/hottest girls are in trouble. Any contestant looking like a cheerleader or a pageant girl is in deep trouble, no matter what she sounds like.

A lot of the votes come in from young and younger females, and they do not vote for sexy girls.

by Billy Dean reply 170Last Monday at 11:13 PM

A lot of the votes come in from young and younger females, and they do not vote for sexy girls.

Definitely. Which is why Laine will continue on.

by Billy Dean reply 171Last Tuesday at 5:32 AM

And why Logan should have remained

by Billy Dean reply 172Last Tuesday at 6:51 AM

And why Bieber Cowboy should have stuck around.

Hot as I find Laine, I must admit his voice doesn't stand out to me -- unlike Logan's soft smooth high end range.

by Billy Dean reply 173Last Tuesday at 8:38 AM

Uche is a star. Good for Lionel. I wonder how Simon Cowell would have felt about him. To me, and of course it's subjective, no one else comes a close second.

by Billy Dean reply 174Last Tuesday at 9:51 AM

Uche is a STAR. Not a singer. He’s an entertainer.

Simon would love Uche as a performer. Simon said that if Britney Spears auditioned for him he would sign her before Jessica Simpson or Christina Aguilera. He also said she would beat them on American Idol cause she has that “IT” to her and is the real deal entertainer.

by Billy Dean reply 175Last Tuesday at 10:32 AM

Logan is a heartthrob and has a beautiful soothing smooth voice. I do hope he records an EP so I can buy it. Love his vocals.

by Billy Dean reply 176Last Tuesday at 11:28 AM

Can Logans familia get off this thread already? It's Helix for you buddy.

by Billy Dean reply 177Last Tuesday at 12:23 PM

LOL r177. Don’t get the hysteria over him here either. Then again, he’s a bland twink, which might explain it.

by Billy Dean reply 178Last Tuesday at 12:29 PM

He’s a beauty WITH TALENT.

by Billy Dean reply 179Last Tuesday at 12:31 PM

Cock size?

by Billy Dean reply 180Last Tuesday at 1:05 PM

Some of us have that "What a Time" song and his harmonies up front stuck in our head. I like that I didn't notice Logan much at first and then he won me over with his work. I don't even find him particularly hot compared to others that were on the show -- but he is absolutely one whose music I would buy. I hope some enterprising producer snaps him up.

by Billy Dean reply 181Last Tuesday at 1:53 PM

I think Alejandro, Jeremiah, Madison and Uche are the top four. They have blown it out of the park several times each.

by Billy Dean reply 182Last Tuesday at 2:58 PM

Sorry, Madison feels like that obnoxious niece whose parents make her play at an adult party. Nothing Pop about her. Jeremiah too, though he is working the gay closet angle so lots of Pride performances in his future.

Ale and Uche maybe. At least unique. The women are really lame this year, all pageant girls right down to the glitter dresses last night (save for Evelyn who at least had an odd voice). "Idol" already has an unsigned blando girl from last year sitting around or doing state fairs so no need for a new one.

by Billy Dean reply 183Last Tuesday at 3:04 PM

I would be pissed if Logan, young handsome and talented, settled for fucking Helix.

by Billy Dean reply 184Last Tuesday at 3:08 PM

The tenderness in Logan’s voice is unforgettable.

by Billy Dean reply 185Last Tuesday at 3:38 PM

Jesus Christ.

by Billy Dean reply 186Last Tuesday at 3:50 PM

R56 idk who the stud in that video is but I will say you should see the stud in this video for her song “Heaven”.

So hot. And love the song. She’s so talented.

by Billy Dean reply 187Last Tuesday at 4:09 PM

I was at the Top 40 taping in Hawaii back in January. We were staying at the Aulani Resort and as guests, we got to be in the audience. Uche's performance in that show was mesmerizing in person. But when I watched it on the broadcast, it didn't come across as exciting as it did live. I also liked Alejandro's and Laci's performances in Hawaii. But they both need to stretch a little more and show that they have some range. Jeremiah's Hawaii performance seemed kind of blah in person and I was surprised he made it into the Top 20. But he's really started to shine.

My top 5 right now (in no particular order): Alejandro, Uche, Laci, Madison, and Jeremiah

by Billy Dean reply 188Last Tuesday at 4:39 PM

That Uche didn't get America's votes to make it to the top 10 doesn't bode well for his advancement in the competition.

by Billy Dean reply 189Last Tuesday at 4:43 PM

Evelyn was horrible. Her last performance was an embarrassment to all the other contestants who had to go home before her and the show American Idol.

R189 Viewer voter shows don't tend to vote for the black contestants. They always get kicked off early, even when they deserved to stay. It's the demographic of people that watch the show. His flamboyancy might be a turn off to them too.

by Billy Dean reply 190Last Tuesday at 4:51 PM

R190 we’ve had black winners...

by Billy Dean reply 191Last Tuesday at 4:54 PM

I wish that was true my season, R190.

by Billy Dean reply 192Last Tuesday at 4:55 PM

After Ruben Studdard won Fantasia won.

Black contestants have done well.

Uche is just too unique for the general public.

by Billy Dean reply 193Last Tuesday at 4:56 PM

Thanks for posting r188. I watched Uche from my living room, and I was rivited. I saw Luke couldn't even contain his own excitement and stood up grooving to Play That Funky Music. With Katy and Lionel standing right alongside. You're so lucky to have experienced Uche's performance LIVE!

by Billy Dean reply 194Last Tuesday at 5:14 PM

^^^^riveted

by Billy Dean reply 195Last Tuesday at 5:16 PM

r193 Ruben and Fantasia were very religious and sang religious songs to help draw in that crowd. Also, remember both won towards the very beginning of the show, when AM still had high viewership.

by Billy Dean reply 196Last Tuesday at 5:21 PM

R196 they aren’t the only black winners or black people that made it far though...

by Billy Dean reply 197Last Tuesday at 5:29 PM

Ruben didn’t sing many Christian songs at all.

And yes, America loved him.

by Billy Dean reply 198Last Tuesday at 5:29 PM

Jennifer Hudson was eliminated far too early. I thought she might win the season.

by Billy Dean reply 199Last Tuesday at 6:31 PM

JHuds voice is too big and Gospel like for Idol.

by Billy Dean reply 200Last Tuesday at 6:32 PM

Jesus, I blocked the Logan troll and POOF like half the posts in this thread disappeared.

by Billy Dean reply 201Last Tuesday at 6:53 PM

There’s more than one Logan lover

by Billy Dean reply 202Last Tuesday at 6:54 PM

dear God

by Billy Dean reply 203Last Tuesday at 7:02 PM

(and, seriously, what kind of cunt blocks someone for liking a contestant on "American Idol"? On a thread ABOUT "American Idol"? How the fuck do you get through an average day? "I'm not speaking to you!")

by Billy Dean reply 204Last Tuesday at 7:04 PM

R188 here again. I forgot to add that at the Hawaii taping, I thought Eddie Island was a joke. He was, by far, the worst of all of the Top 40. When I found out he made it through to the Top 20, I was like WTF? Then when they pushed him through to Top 14, it made absolutely no sense. The only thing I can figure is that they purposely chose him because they needed one of the contestants to be a foil that everyone in the audience could rally against. But seriously, I watched 20 other kids that night in Hawaii who deserved that spot way more than he did. I'm so glad he is finally gone.

by Billy Dean reply 205Last Tuesday at 7:35 PM

Everyone in the top 20 was decent to great, except Eddie Island, who was terrible, just terrible.

by Billy Dean reply 206Last Tuesday at 8:27 PM

The judges put Eddie through because he had what they considered the “entertainer” factor. Lionel said Idol wasn’t a singing completion, it was an entertainment competition. That’s why he embraced Uche and made him his judge’s pick. So Ryan and, yes, Logan were at a disadvantage because they stood still or sat when they sang.

Memo to American Idol, if this is an entertainment competition, say so. How many kids auditioned, and some advanced to Hollywood, when they were uninformed there was a component they hadn’t prepared for.

by Billy Dean reply 207Last Tuesday at 9:06 PM

And Eddie wasn't even entertaining. He was cringe-worthy and embarrassing. He's analogous to Trump and the election. I think he auditioned for Idol on a lark, not thinking he would get very far. But then he kept getting pushed through at every level until he found himself in the Top 14.

by Billy Dean reply 208Last Tuesday at 9:13 PM

Eddie’s Bennie and the Jets performance was wretched. I was glad it was as bad as it was, because it gave me hope the judges would be done with him.

He was crying when he didn’t make the Top 10, though. Dude started to believe his press.

by Billy Dean reply 209Last Tuesday at 10:32 PM

They're on opposite The Voice whose title spells out its' intentions. Idol wants to differentiate itself by switching from best singer to best entertainer as the ultimate outcome.

by Billy Dean reply 210Last Tuesday at 10:40 PM

Top two - Madison and Alejandro

by Billy Dean reply 211Last Tuesday at 10:49 PM

Then they should have written the job description, R210, before they strung these kids along.

by Billy Dean reply 212Last Tuesday at 11:18 PM

Stringing karaoke singers along is half the fun. Especially after suffering through all their sad sack stories.

by Billy Dean reply 213Last Wednesday at 1:07 AM

Logan needs to come back

by Billy Dean reply 214Last Wednesday at 3:14 AM

Eddie Island's Benny and The Jets is so bad, I watch it for laughs.

by Billy Dean reply 215Last Wednesday at 4:39 AM

I'd like to see and hear Walker singing The Pina Colada song. I think it would be the perfect song choice for him.

by Billy Dean reply 216Last Wednesday at 1:12 PM

He needs to stay far FAR away from show tunes. Unless t's "For Forever" from "Evan Hansen".

by Billy Dean reply 217Last Wednesday at 2:06 PM

He’s a cutie. Love gingers.

by Billy Dean reply 218Last Wednesday at 2:08 PM

They should’ve kept Bieber Cowboy, Katie Bell, and Nick Townsend. And Ryan. All good-looking, charismatic, entertaining, and could sing reasonably well.

Hopefully one of the remaining contestants will pull something crazy - like Constantine Maroulis’ Bohemian Rhapsody or Adam Lambert’s Ring of Fire and Mad World.

Laci, even with her sultry voice, can’t make it unless she does some confident kick-ass moving around the stage.

Blah. This season started out so exciting. Now the only fun one to watch is Uche.

by Billy Dean reply 219Last Wednesday at 3:01 PM

I remember Clay Aiken doing Unchained Melody and thinking it was lovely.

by Billy Dean reply 220Last Wednesday at 3:04 PM

Anyone remember Kimberly Locke from season 2? She was 3rd place.

The poster claiming only white people make it far clearly never watched the show.

I remember them trying to make her a pop star lmao

by Billy Dean reply 221Last Wednesday at 3:09 PM

Oh yeah, Clay Aiken should’ve won it all. He was incredible.

I’m just not seeing anyone with confidence, talent, charm, and charisma this year. But maybe it’ll change over the next few weeks.

by Billy Dean reply 222Last Wednesday at 3:12 PM

Clay was great but Ruben was a big teddy bear everyone fell in love with.

I still remember Joan Rivers Telling him he needs to lose weight on the red carpet, poor thing. Lol.

by Billy Dean reply 223Last Wednesday at 3:14 PM

She was right, R223.

by Billy Dean reply 224Last Wednesday at 4:40 PM

R224 that was so rude. Lmao. He looked shocked and embarrassed, poor thing.

by Billy Dean reply 225Last Wednesday at 4:42 PM

Wasn't the last time a black singer won that girl who is considered the least successful AI winner? I think it was the Ellen season. Years ago.

by Billy Dean reply 226Last Wednesday at 5:27 PM

You mean Jordan Sparks?

I don’t think she’s the least successful winner, though.

by Billy Dean reply 227Last Wednesday at 5:33 PM

No, think her name was Candace. Jordan did well. The big haired woman with the kid should have won her season but they went for big time dull wedding singer white guy. Not a word/lyric since, of course. (Trent?)

by Billy Dean reply 228Last Wednesday at 5:35 PM

For me, the last truly original voice on Idol was Haley Reinhart. I loved her then and I love when I hear her voice turn up on something now. It's shame she hasn't had more success.

by Billy Dean reply 229Last Wednesday at 6:58 PM

I swear that’s the one season everyone watched.

by Billy Dean reply 230Last Wednesday at 7:08 PM

Nice, actually.,

by Billy Dean reply 231Last Thursday at 10:35 AM

Rebel Wilson is mentoring the contestants on Sunday

by Billy Dean reply 232Last Friday at 5:08 PM

Disney Night? Again? This means some outrageously camp cartoon outfit on Katy Perry.

by Billy Dean reply 233Last Friday at 5:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!