Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The OA Season 2

Set to premiere soon.

Season 1 ended like a million years ago and I barely remember the convoluted plot, but I enjoyed it well enough and plan to give the new season a shot.

Anybody else planning on watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 5, 2019 2:34 AM

I will be watching, but I will re-watch season 1 first. Especially the scenes with the naked strawberry blonde guy.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2019 3:38 AM

Yeah his body was definitely a highlight of Season 1. This show was kinda silly making the mistake of thinking it was smart, but I'll still probably check out the second one. I will give it that at least it felt original.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2019 3:40 AM

Series one had so much potential but then it got shit. Fast.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2019 3:42 AM

This is unexpected! I enjoyed S1 for what it was, not what it tried to be. I'll watch anything with time travel and alternate dimensions, so I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2019 3:43 AM

The last episode of season 1 still haunts me.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2019 3:55 AM

I enjoyed it. It was way out there and kind of a mindfuck, but I'll at least give it a shot. I don't think I'm going to rewatch any episodes to catch up, but I'll probably read a few episode synopses.

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2019 3:59 AM

I need to see more interpretive dance from Phyllis

And more naked Steve

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2019 4:04 AM

Was Phyllis the frumpy teacher who somehow inexplicably became part of the outcast teenage boys group?

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2019 5:37 AM

Yes, the one and only! I don't think that's her name on the show, but I can't remember it, and she's Phyllis from The Office so that's what I call her.

I should do a rewatch of season 1

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2019 6:17 AM

Her name on the show is BBA. Betty Broderick-Allen.

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2019 7:23 AM

IS ANYBODY WATCHING?

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2019 12:51 AM

Just started episode one. Like, 15 minutes into it.

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2019 1:59 AM

This season is even more wackadoo than last, in a good way (I think).

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2019 2:52 AM

Finished episode 1, don't feel compelled to binge, but I'll keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2019 3:06 AM

Brit Marling! I loved her film, Another Earth. Had no idea she was behind this; I'll have to check it out.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2019 3:16 AM

I just finished it. The final episode is just... no words. I have no idea what I just watched.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2019 4:50 AM

I just finished the second season. I think it has beautiful moments but I can’t help think I’m watching Brit Marling’s Harry Potter fanfiction brought to life ( or to television). Instead of playing all powerful dark, sexy wizard Lucius Malfoy, Jason Isaacs is playing all powerful dark, sexy scientist/doctor, Hunter Percy, obsessed with Perfect Prairie. Brit Marling as Prairie/Nina/OA is the ultimate perfect Mary Sue in love with sweet simple Harry, I mean, Homer, while being pursued by HAP. It’s strange that aside from the OA, there are no other blonde women in any of the dimensions, in fact there are no other really attractive women on the show. Even the octopus wants to fuck her. Season 3 will probably just be light BDSM scenes with Prairie and HAP (who are married in this dimension) with a little water and cosmo imagery thrown in and backed by more yearning hipster songs.

In conclusion, some interesting concepts and imagery ruined by classic frau “it’s all about ME and my sheath of buttery blonde hair! narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2019 5:02 PM

[quote]Season 3 will probably just be light BDSM scenes with Prairie and HAP (who are married in this dimension) with a little water and cosmo imagery thrown in and backed by more yearning hipster songs.

It's possible they're not married and he just lied to get into the ambulance with her. With the rate of release of this show, we'll find out in 2024 if it gets renewed.

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2019 2:27 AM

It's interesting that Hap told the paramedic that he and Brit were married. If true, that means that he didn't suppress the person whose body he now occupies and absorbed his memories. He never achieved that in the Dr. Percy dimension. I think he was lying so that he'd get to go in the ambulance.

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2019 2:36 AM

So Season 2 is already streaming on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2019 5:07 AM

Uh... duh, R20?

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2019 5:53 AM

I binged watched it today. I didn't like it as much as I liked the first season. It was interesting enough though.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2019 6:03 AM

R19, that could be interesting, if Hap and the OA have to work together as actors and he doesn’t remember being Hap. But he’d probably come to remember eventually as Homer did.

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2019 1:26 PM

I don't think it was shit. I think it is pretty much the grass is not always greener - very dark story. Looking forward to season 2.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2019 1:32 PM

[quote] I think it has beautiful moments but I can’t help think I’m watching Brit Marling’s Harry Potter fanfiction brought to life ( or to television). Instead of playing all powerful dark, sexy wizard Lucius Malfoy, Jason Isaacs is playing all powerful dark, sexy scientist/doctor, Hunter Percy, obsessed with Perfect Prairie. Brit Marling as Prairie/Nina/OA is the ultimate perfect Mary Sue in love with sweet simple Harry, I mean, Homer, while being pursued by HAP.

R17, you explained why the season lead to where it will go in S3.

Rather, now we possibly will get to see Brit Marling working with the other actors from the show in a story she wrote where she's the focus and I would bet that she won't believe that the OA is real because she wrote it.

She's one step ahead of you.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2019 3:43 PM

*Will lead

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2019 3:43 PM

Nice male eye candy on this show.

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2019 7:00 PM

The actor that plays Steve is so different in real life- and Irish!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2019 7:21 AM

R27 Yes, they are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2019 11:55 AM

It’s funny, I really like all of the characters EXCEPT the OA. She just walks around gape-mouthed and perpetually emotionally wounded.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2019 2:48 PM

No ones going to talk about how hot it was that French hooked up with a guy, and when Steve found out he was all “you really want me!” And not in a homophobic way.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2019 3:23 PM

Watching for Riz Ahmed, unfortunately his American accent is horrible in this. He's usually excellent, Riz is great at all sorts of accents. His Queens NY accent in The Night Of was spot on. In the OA his US accent was awful, same for his accent in the Jason Bourne film, so flat and generic.

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2019 3:34 PM

Lovely shot of blondey Patrick Gibson in his wet tighty whiteys at the end of season 2.

You can make out everything!

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2019 3:39 PM

It was so random they had grindr and tinder hook ups / dates in the middle of all this sci fi weirdness. Then back to a giant squid that could talk to Nina. lol.

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2019 4:38 PM

R31 Yes, that was a lovely scene!

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2019 4:45 PM

I don't remember anything about the first season at all.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2019 4:53 PM

Was the giant squid on Tinder too?

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2019 5:01 PM

I'm convinced, Riz will do anything for money and do mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2019 5:56 PM

I wish Brit Marling would consider casting someone else in the lead role instead of herself. She's pretty I guess but not a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]I wish Brit Marling would consider casting someone else in the lead role instead of herself. She's pretty I guess but not a good actress.

Brit was horrible in that film where she played the cult leader, forgot the name. Completely awful. Brit reminds me of Lena Dunham, in that she thinks she should play the leads in the series and films she writes. Someone needs to tell Brit she's not much of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2019 6:22 PM

I don't think she's a *horrible* actress. But wow that Russian accent was painful. I binged S2 last night and started thinking the reason it took so long to get to release was because she needed that much time to get where she did with the accent or that they tried to redub all her Russian accent scenes with someone else's better accent but the voice match was just too far off or something. I like the P.I. guy but, if I'd wanted to watch a show about the P.I. guy I would've watched that. They wasted so much time on him and his angst when everyone would have preferred that time be spent on the established characters. I, also, found the delayed reveal of Nina's boyfriend weird. Overall, there was just so much exposition in S2 explaining the rules of this reality to the audience and that really clashed with S1 where the audience was trusted to figure things out. S1 was, also, so much more *multi-dimensional* from the Braille on the walls to the dreams to the dangerous balance between OA's storytelling and what we're allowed to see of reality. I wonder if Netflix put its foot down with regard to a more linear narrative.

by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2019 6:48 PM

This interviewer asks good questions:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2019 7:03 PM

I thought this was a good explanation of s2 in 12 minutes...it was interesting to watch. It's very very unique. I wish they could just make it a bit more cohesive. Sci fi is hard to write because of this temptation to just do every batshit idea that comes in your head. They did a good job but it was almost like Matrix 2 and 3. Matrix 1 was perfect and then they just went into so many weird paths.

by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2019 7:32 PM

...and I forgot the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 25, 2019 7:32 PM

The video in R44 ends with the narrator asking the question, why did this season's first episode begin with the message "7 hours and 46 minutes earlier." They answered their own question, though. The season ends with Prarie, Hap and Steven having jumped into OUR dimension, the one in which they are actors filming a show. The season's 8 episode run time was probably 7 hours and 46 minutes.

I'm happy that the video explained why Rachel told the kids that it was safe only for BBA to travel to that dimension (because she had seen French, Steven and that other kid's dead bodies in the pool, and they would be traveling into corpses). Makes total sense.

by Anonymousreply 45March 25, 2019 8:10 PM

Were they definitely dead? BBA said "deep sleep" but I think they were dead. It would be a little hard to stay alive with a tree growing out of your head, I'd suspect.

How did Hap find them in the crazy maze house and take out their corpses and put them in his lab with nobody noticing?

The r42 video is so relatable that she thought Goldman Sachs was her NDE. How did she get the opportunity to go into show biz? It's not that easy to say "I'm unhappy in my job so let me do exactly what I've always wanted & create this mysterious transcendental show for Netflix."

by Anonymousreply 46March 25, 2019 8:41 PM

Am I the only one that thinks that Brit Marling sometimes looks like Lecy Goranson, especially in season 1 when her hair is shorter, and more messy. Some shots I was like - it's Becky! Beck, Beck, Beck, Becky!

I enjoyed season 2, maybe not quite as much as season 1, but I am a bit leery of really meta storytelling. I do hope it gets a season 3, though.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2019 2:46 AM

The lack of activity on social media and/or chatter about this show in general is worrying. There wasn't much promotion for S2.

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2019 2:51 AM

Yeah, Brit Marling’s acting is the weakest link. I like the trans kid and Homer. I’m curious to find out what happens to them.

I’ll definitely watch Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2019 3:25 AM

I hope it isn't another 2 years until season 3.

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2019 4:04 AM

[quote]I wish Brit Marling would consider casting someone else in the lead role instead of herself. She's pretty I guess but not a good actress.

She's not doing anything different than Mindy Kailing or other actors have done. If people won't cast you then make your own projects and cast yourself.

She is good at doing the mysterious, slightly vacant, soft voice thing so her characters all seem to have that in common.

[quote]I like the P.I. guy but, if I'd wanted to watch a show about the P.I. guy I would've watched that. They wasted so much time on him and his angst when everyone would have preferred that time be spent on the established characters.

I think he was the OA's brother assigned to help and protect her. They said she has one in every dimension. The FBI Psychologist/Riz was the one in the last dimension. I liked how they laid out how the two were connected since that's the point of the show. They all eventually find one another.

[quote]The lack of activity on social media and/or chatter about this show in general is worrying. There wasn't much promotion for S2.

There have been plenty of articles and people talking about it on social media. It's more of a slow burn, which is pretty similar to the first season's reception.

I hope they get a season 3 but that it doesn't take 2 years to do. I want Phyllis Smith (BBA) to be around.

The actor that played Praire's father already passed between seasons 2 and 3 but at least they got him back to shoot a scene before he did.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2019 11:24 AM

R51 Vacant, yes, mysterious no.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2019 3:05 PM

Wandering around with a dazed expression and her mouth slightly ajar is Brit's "acting" contribution to this show. She's terrible. I see why she has to writer her own shit and can't get cast in anything else.

by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2019 4:05 PM

r53 types obese and incel

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2019 12:54 AM

The giant octopus...

This series is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2019 5:28 AM

The octopus. Yeah, but then the imagery was mirror in the tree limbs she falls into. And I feel like if they'd worked that into the first Season it would have been developed and laced as a more solid metaphor throughout the episodes. But, as with everything in S2, it was thrown in the air and dropped.

by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2019 5:37 AM

Do we get more naked Steve in season 2?

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2019 5:39 AM

Naked? Sort of...He shows skin. And you get a lot of nearly naked French, who has been spending a lot of time in the gym between seasons.

by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2019 5:42 AM

He definitely has R58

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2019 9:12 AM

[quote]R17 ruined by classic frau “it’s all about ME and my sheath of buttery blonde hair!’ narcissism.

What blows your take is it’s almost like she isn’t even in Season 2 all that much. More time is given over to the many other characters.

I was almost beginning to wonder if the actress was committed to other projects during production, and wasn’t available for much shooting.

by Anonymousreply 60March 31, 2019 5:38 AM

[quote]The actor that played Praire's father already passed between seasons 2 and 3 but at least they got him back to shoot a scene before he did.

This is him when he was younger. I saw his screen test for this once and it was magnetic: much closer shots, and he was this wonderful blend of lyrical and realistic.

I’m surprised he didn’t become more famous till he was older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 31, 2019 5:52 AM

More Steve and French romping in the waves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 31, 2019 2:10 PM

R60, the other characters are just set dressing for her, and only to the point that they don’t overshadow her. Are their any other compelling, attractive women in this series? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 63March 31, 2019 2:29 PM

^there

by Anonymousreply 64March 31, 2019 2:29 PM

I re-watched Season 1. I think Brit's acting was a little better & she didn't have that permanent mouth gape thing going on the whole time which I agree is annoying.

I completely forgot Homer had kids and a wife or GF (he mentions it briefly in the glass prison thing) , but I guess the writers wanted it that way. Woops.

I so badly wanted Hap to be killed & dismembered alive, but I found it interesting (from a metaphysical perspective) that there are some evil people in your life that are just bound to you... as that french woman was saying. Btw, how did she get those weird little squares that danced around and let her travel to another dimension? You can't bring things along with you. And then Hap somehow built gigantic versions of them in a few weeks? Weird.

I think I'm asking questions that have no answer...or will be answered in 2020 for season 3. Speaking of 2020...I like how Joe Biden was president when she woke up (though it was still 2016 but made me laugh). Barack Obama?? Who??

by Anonymousreply 65March 31, 2019 7:54 PM

^^^ What’s weird about Biden being president is that it not clear if Obama never became president (or existed), or in this parallel world he did, but was assassinated. The fact that the nurse didn’t say “What’s an Obama” to me meant she had at least heard of him. I wish there had been other tidbits about how this new reality was different from the other one like they did on Fringe.

by Anonymousreply 66March 31, 2019 9:01 PM

I saw it and enjoyed it for all of its weirdness. I don't know which drugs Brit and Zal were on, but it kept me entertained.

by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2019 6:16 AM

Steve x French

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 3, 2019 2:00 AM

More Naked Steve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 3, 2019 2:03 AM

Won’t someone post pictures of dead Steve in the wet tighty whiteys?

by Anonymousreply 70April 3, 2019 3:43 AM

Homer is BORING AF. And those wigs and hair pieces on Jason Isaacs, ugh. Just be bald, already! He’s attractive enough to go bald.

So I believe these dimensions are nested upon each other, that’s representative in the Russian dolls.

I have a bunch of other theories, but haven’t the time to write them all.

The guy who plays Karim is hot AF, and the scene where he jumps into the pond, in order to retrieve the drone for the quadriplegic woman, was quite easy on the eyes. If I saw that guy working out at the gym, I’d follow him around and just watch him work out. He is perfect.

Anyhow, the giant octopus 🐙 made LOL! Hey, it was out there, & I’ll give the writers an A for effort and creativity.

I would have enjoyed seeing Prairie/OA, delve deeper into Nina’s character. She seems the least boring and most relatable of the bunch.

I love the idea of shared delusion between more than two people. I’ve read multiple case studies and a few stories about this happening with two people, so more than two is interesting.

So WH else here wants Nina’s apartment/penthouse. I’d never leave that dimension if I lived there! Btw, I love that they filmed in SF. It was nice to see places that are familiar. Such a shame that the Bay has become so freakin’ unaffordable. It truly is one of the most beautiful, if not THE most beautiful cities/city in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 71April 3, 2019 2:39 PM

^^^ Yes, no sexy Homer this season, like when he was forced to lure the Cuban astray.

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2019 4:51 AM

Poor Homer that girl wouldn't fuck him. He deserved a blow job after that date

by Anonymousreply 73April 5, 2019 12:02 AM

I think hap is super hot. Also I managed to predict alfonso would be gay while watching season 1. Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 74April 5, 2019 12:06 AM

I also wonder why they bleached/got rid of brit's eyebrows in season 1 to make her look like a freak. Much prettier in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2019 12:08 AM

The Private Investigator character is so fucking tedious. So cliche - the angsty, lives on a boat, smokes cigarettes, hardened to the world prototype. I tuned out every time he was on.

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2019 12:15 AM

R74, good job.

The Grindr hook up was a odd. I mean, this guy is so compartmentalized, he has the ability to set aside his existential meltdown, and have time for a hook up?

Also, the Fentanyl OD with the multiple patches. Ugh. I felt that they tried to cram way too much into 8 episodes. We never had an opportunity to really get invested in any of these other really important turning points.

Oh well. It’ll be at least another few years before we see this again. Hopefully, they tidy it up well for next season.

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2019 9:17 AM

Why was he suddenly suicidal? Was the show referencing the kids who survived school shootings and killed themselves later?

I was surprised by the escalation from "just something to help me sleep" with the drug dealer (hinting at an opiate dependence story) - to "I'm gonna kill myself with fentanyl patches." I'm not sure how I feel about the side-stories (grindr, tindr, suicide) - because it wasn't done like a sitcom A story / B story...it was all a bit out of the blue & didn't seem to add that much.

by Anonymousreply 78April 5, 2019 11:41 PM

Brandon’s home videos of the shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2019 7:50 PM

The malgendered character looks out of place.

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2019 7:58 PM

Paddy Gibson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 17, 2019 2:10 AM

This video compares Homer's NDE experience in Season 1 and the hand in Season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 17, 2019 2:16 AM

I love Homer

by Anonymousreply 83April 17, 2019 2:16 AM

Who Else Jumped?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 17, 2019 2:30 AM

This is kind of similar to the plot of Fringe with the whole parallel worlds and identical people there and how the whole other world was completely different.

by Anonymousreply 85April 17, 2019 2:51 AM

R81 Please tell me there is a skinny dipping scene like in Room With a View that these boys have in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 86April 17, 2019 3:06 AM

Brit Marling On Ellen!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 18, 2019 2:38 PM

I really, really like Brit. She’s weird, smart, talented & committed to her craft(s). She deserves all good things, & I’m highly pleased that she’s moving right along.

Another item of note: A true, classic beauty, with real hair, real finger nails, minus the filler/Botox face, and the dead eyed doll look.

by Anonymousreply 88April 19, 2019 12:00 AM

April 19 - HAPPY BURFFDAY PADZ!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 19, 2019 5:26 PM

So there will be a Season 3?

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2019 6:04 PM

• Kingsley Ben-Adir is hot. He reminds me of Denzel Washington. • Homer grew a beard and got HOT. • From snapping at Buck's mom to laughing when Jesse freaked out from the car backfire, Angie seemed 10x more annoying this season. • Why doesn't the OA's protecter/brother that incarnates with her have the same appearance across dimensions? In the dimension she jumped from, he was played by Riz Ahmed and in the dimension she jumped to, he was played by Kingsly.

by Anonymousreply 91April 26, 2019 4:12 AM

The beautiful boy Patrick Gibson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 26, 2019 4:47 AM

Paddy's a stud

by Anonymousreply 93April 26, 2019 4:55 AM

Hmmmm, I hope there is a Season 3, but Netflix just cancelled Santa Clarita Diet because of the production cost? The OA seems like it's rather expensive to produce -- I hope there's a third season.

by Anonymousreply 94April 27, 2019 10:16 PM

r94 I am not sure how there can be a third season because the broke the fourth wall and jumped to the actual actors making the show. Hap said it himself, OA woudl jump to a place where she knew the full story but would never believe it.

by Anonymousreply 95April 28, 2019 2:28 AM

This is a nice article about French’s coming out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 8, 2019 4:00 AM

I can't decide if Britt Marling is pretty or not.

by Anonymousreply 97May 10, 2019 4:06 AM

I think she was pretty as Nina. Without any makeup (as Prarie), she looks washed out - especially on tv / under lights.

by Anonymousreply 98May 10, 2019 4:30 AM

Its collapse is complete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 5, 2019 5:08 PM

I Am So Bummed!

by Anonymousreply 100August 5, 2019 11:37 PM

I wonder Netflix would allow them to do a wrap up movie like they did with Sense8. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than what they did.

by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2019 1:03 AM

[bold]Why superfans are convinced Netflix's cancellation of 'The OA' is a fakeout that plays into the mind-melting season 2 cliffhanger[/bold]

[quote]Amid a social-media campaign to #SaveTheOA, some fans believe the cancellation was a fakeout and is part of an augmented-reality narrative around season three of the show.

I... wouldn't get my hopes up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 8, 2019 5:33 PM

I wonder if Britt Marling is May Britt in an alternate universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 8, 2019 6:34 PM

Well, Netflix cancelled The OA, so no Season 3. If Netflix keeps this up, I may have to reconsider my subscription.

by Anonymousreply 104August 23, 2019 3:05 AM

Season 1 was fresh and something new. It wasn't perfect but I binged it in two days this weekend and really liked it. Unfortunately season 2 ruined everything. I couldn't understand what the hell was the point of introducing new main characters and changing the tone of the show almost completely. It was nothing but a tired old cliché after another.

When the original group returned I'd already totally lost interest in the show and ended up fast forwarding through the rest of the episodes. What a shame. Season 1 really had something real going on. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 105August 26, 2019 10:31 AM

It's well and truly over. 😭

[quote]“The OA” — which Netflix canceled earlier this month after two seasons, inciting intense fan outcry, a flashmob, and even a hunger strike — has truly crossed its last border: There will be no movie to wrap up the series.

[quote]A source close to the discussions told Variety that Netflix and the show’s creators, Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, talked about the idea of tying up the show’s loose ends in a movie format.

[quote]But the plan for “The OA” was to run over five seasons, and a two-hour conclusion wouldn’t have been sufficient. Because Netflix itself is the producer of “The OA,” another network can’t swoop in to rescue the show, as Pop recently did with the Sony-produced “One Day at a Time.”

[quote]The cast of “The OA” have been released from their contracts. Over the weekend, Marling, who is also the show’s star, delivered a heartfelt thank you to fans — and a farewell to the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 29, 2019 2:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 29, 2019 2:23 AM

That's just sad. When a story has a definite trajectory and conclusion, it's always sad when it doesn't get to complete. Sigh.

I mean, it wasn't a GREAT show (I loved season one, but found season two a struggle), but I would have loved to see it all play out and know what the end-game was.

by Anonymousreply 108September 4, 2019 4:46 PM

Sigh. No more naked Patrick Gibson. A travesty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 4, 2019 5:23 PM

Season 2 was just too ridiculous. Viewers had a hard time hanging in there. The giant telepathic octopus was jumping the shark.

by Anonymousreply 110September 4, 2019 6:12 PM

Based on how long it took for Season 2 to arrive after the conclusion of Season 1, it might have taken five years for Season 3 to come out anyway. They should just sell the series to another network then. 😆

by Anonymousreply 111September 4, 2019 6:15 PM

Jesus people are fucking stupid. The octopus was an homage to Bowie.

by Anonymousreply 112September 4, 2019 7:16 PM

R110 I think “giant telepathic octopus” should become the new standard phrase for “jumping the shark” in the 21st Century.

by Anonymousreply 113September 4, 2019 9:40 PM

[quote] Jesus people are fucking stupid. The octopus was an homage to Bowie.

Normally I would FF you but I am intrigued. If anyone can explain why the virus was not preposterous I want to hear it. So please elaborate r113.

by Anonymousreply 114September 5, 2019 2:31 AM

^^^^ *octopus not "virus"

DL spell-check just shaded Season 2 -- it was like "octopus??!!!" No, bitch, I think you mean 'virus'!

by Anonymousreply 115September 5, 2019 2:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!