Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drake Bell & Josh Peck 2019 project

Excited? It won’t be ‘Drake & Josh’ as you knew it on Nickelodeon back in the ‘00s, but it will feature both guys and their writing albeit in a more ‘adult’ mode. The pair are currently shopping scripts and have interest from several networks including Viacom.

[quote] This week, actor Drake Bell confirmed that he and costar Josh Peck are working together again on a new television show. Bell dished the details of the quasi-revival while on the iHeartRadio Music Awards red carpet. In an interview with E!, he said, "Josh and I have been talking and he's come up with some cool ideas. And I can't really go into exactly what we're doing...I'm really excited to do it." It will not be a reboot of the original show, which ran on Nickelodeon from 2004-7. "Neither of us want to do a reboot," said Bell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 26, 2019 11:24 PM

They could do a Felix (Josh) and Oscar (Drake) roomie sitch-com. Josh is a prissy former fatty who obsesses over every naughty pleasure indulged in by busted addict Drake. Hilarity, hugs, and a few tears ensue.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2019 8:41 PM

Didn’t he diss Josh for not being invited to his wedding?

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2019 8:58 PM

Did their dick pics really leak?

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2019 8:58 PM

Is one of them gay in your pitch, R1? Because the Josh character you came up with sounds like a DLer.

It would delight to see them playing a gay couple, they have the right chemistry. Of course that won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2019 10:10 PM

I'm guessing Josh's career didn't get off the ground either so they're mining their success again.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2019 11:44 PM

^^and it's working. These two dweebs were trending #9 on YT yesterday and #40 today with one video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2019 11:55 PM

R2 Drake did drag Josh in Tweetform, but they hugged it out at the VMAs last year and squashed...whatever it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2019 10:41 AM

Who is hotter now?

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2019 1:27 PM

Where are the nudes?

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2019 2:27 PM

Tough call R8. It depends what you’re into.

As you can see in R7’s pic Josh has gorgeous clear eyes & youthful dark clean skin, as well as big strong arms/chest and a tall frame if you’re into that. He is fit and toned but a little husky and kept a lot of his body hair. He has great broad shoulders, and his fashion sense is pretty stylin’ for a dorky NY comedian. He’s goofy & loud with a very weird squeaky voice that pings which may put some gays off, but once you get past that he has a wicked dark sense of humor which is always hot. Apart from a bit of HK attitude & posturing he’s reported as one of the nicest guys in the business. He has big feet which bodes if folk tales are to be believed. He’s the ideal beautiful cub in a lot of ways, and I think from a versatile everygay standpoint as found here the answer will emphatically be (!) ‘Josh’.

Drake by contrast is pale as milk and teeny-tiny in stature, with trashy tats & an alarming amount of freckles all over his body. If he doesn’t hydrate, eat or sleep well enough his skin turns into a mess. His hair is coarse and usually greased, and his voice is tarry to put it mildly. He would have calloused fingers from guitar-playing and he’s said to have residual scarring inside his mouth and under his chin left from a near-fatal car wreck he was in years back. He is however undeniable slinky with a lot of intangible sex-appeal and ‘cool’, presumably confidence he developed in his teens & 20s when women (and bicurious guys, I assume?) en masse were inexplicably falling all over him; I guess they liked that he’s pocket-sized and looked like a pixie. He’s also halfway to ginger and has been reported in the past as halfway to crazy, and you know what they say about that when it comes to sex so if you like a kinky elf with a past he’d probably be an unforgettable lay (maybe pass on the boyfriend-thing with him, though).

by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2019 3:30 PM

R5 Peck has a very successful YT channel (like Top 100) and a burgeoning podcast doing well. He also does keynote speeches and some voiceover work & recurring guest parts. He's not hurting for work in the business, he just isn't getting anything in the way of meaty award-bait acting roles. This Dobrik scandal is a spanner in the works but he seems to have jumped offboard just at the right moment to avoid any backlash, somehow...

by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2019 9:02 PM

What is Dobrik?

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2019 12:35 AM

They already mined the homoerotic themes on “Drake and Josh,” which was naughty considering their ages at the time and that their characters were stepbrothers.

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2019 12:39 AM

R13 at one point in the final year/season of their Nick show (c.summer 2007, iirc?) it became a gropefest between those two, with more than a few instances of spanking, fondling, kissing, grabbing in less-than-platonic ways and so on. The movie they did about three years after they finished the show was one of the most entendre-fuelled kids’ movie I’ve ever seen in my life; in one scene Josh hisses at Drake, “NEVER put your finger in me AGAIN!”.

The actors were around age 20/21 when they wrapped the show proper and around 24 when they did the Christmas movie so it wasn’t exactly illegal or immoral to show them all over each other, but as their teencom characters were written as highschoolers it came over a little..odd.

Arguably the ‘brothers’ element wasn’t such a big deal as D&J weren’t blood and didn’t move in together until they were 14. Even still, the whole thing was very non-fraternal, and we all loved them for it.

I hope this next show they do is even more liberal on the homoerotics, but maybe without the limits of Nick to push against they won’t feel the need to go there. It’s a big part of their comedy style, ultimately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2019 9:45 AM

Drake used to go commando. During their fight scenes, one could often see his butt crack.

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2019 2:05 PM

Drake's butt at :15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2019 2:37 PM

Will there be fucking?

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2019 2:40 PM

They're already doing little 5-20m projects on social media, playing to surprisingly big numbers. Millennials are all broke and depressed af so thousands upon thousands need to feel better and this is the medicine, I guess.

Here's Drake teaching one of his original Latin songs to Josh, who doesn't speak a word of Spanish. I love that the lyric Drake shamelessly sings to Josh ('Amor - tu movimiento hace que arda y me queme por dentro') translates in English to one of the gayest lines ever penned for a popular song cut by a teen heartthrob hetero-idol (in english: '(my) Love - your moves make me hot and they burn me inside'). I fucking love this timeline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2019 10:53 PM

Miranda Cosgrove, comment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2019 11:36 PM

Was that little sister adopted? Is she Mexican?

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2019 12:03 AM

She's a mutt, but not proud of her Mexican heritage:

I’m Irish, English, and French. People always think I’m a lot of different nationalities though which I think is pretty cool :)

Oddly, Miranda did not mention her one eighth Mexican ancestry. Miranda’s maternal grandfather’s mother, Mary Castimello/Costano/Coseton, was born in Mexico, as were Mary’s parents. The spelling of Mary’s surname varies from record to record.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2019 12:43 AM

But in the show, did she play Mexican or adopted?

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2019 12:46 AM

If you mean in 'Drake & Josh' on Nick, then no she didn't R22. The girl Miranda played, named Megan Parker, was somehow meant to be the full-blood sister of the Celtic-looking Drake Parker (of course played by Drake Bell). The character Josh played was no relation of either, but in complexion looked more like Megan than Drake did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2019 1:15 AM

I...can’t believe we have a Miranda Cosgrove Troll @R21. Like, are you lost...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2019 9:55 AM

Also Drake’s Wentz-esque haircut in R23’s gif is one of the most upsetting things I’ve seen so far this year. It looks like it happened a long time ago, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2019 9:57 AM

What is Wentz?

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2019 10:08 AM

PSA R8/R12/R26 is a repetitive Troll and no-one should talk to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2019 8:16 PM

So were/are Drake and Josh really fucking on the downlow or was that just DL wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2019 1:42 AM

^^you be the judge *Kanyeshrug*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2019 2:30 PM

Watching R29's video feels dangerously close to watching them fuck.

Who flirts like that in front of a camera that is filming bonus DVD clips for a kids' movie? Shameless whores.

by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2019 9:39 PM

Drake hasn’t been acting much recently so he will have ring-rust on the comedy.

Then, he was fairly amusing and convincing as the fey MFA-guy who fails to manage a relationship with a bulimic trainwreck of a woman in Angela Gulner’s crowdfunded BINGE (shot around three years ago). Apparently he’s very good in the key of mild disgust and reluctant attraction toward messy ladies who want to fuck him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2019 12:06 AM

It's not Drake and Josh without Megan. Miranda Cosgrove probably made enough money from the Despicable Me trilogy that she never needs to work again, so they might have to recast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2019 12:24 AM

Miranda was a smart cookie to get in on a young Disney franchise with tons of merchandising. Drake plays Eraqus in KINGDOM HEARTS but that’s for the nerdy tween/teen crowd which is less lucrative and more critical a demo than 5-year-olds.

As it is, the reported new project Bell & Peck are working on is not affiliated with Disney or with Nickelodeon. Neither actor own the rights to their Nick sitcom characters, and they’d be sued into oblivion if they used them in a production off the brand. The pair would also be heavily censored and restricted in what they could say and so onscreen (!) were they to return to work for a kids’ entertainment corporation, and their conduct over the past several years make them a tainted get anyway (Drake’s nudes/reality show drama/Twitter histrionics, Josh’s dark explicit YT channel content/podcast). I think it’s safe to say they’re done with Nickelodeon, outside of retrospective interviews and nostalgia reunions. What they’re currently up to in secret has been misreported as a DRAKE & JOSH revival/sequel in the way of the upcoming new RUGRATS, when for all anyone knows it could literally be a joint podcast or YT.

Actually both guys seem kind of over Nick. Per Drake: [quote] BELL: (the new project) had to be something cool, it has to be something creative, so, no, honestly I never thought that we would be coming back…I think we’ve come up with something that’s a little bit more creative and exciting.

by Anonymousreply 33March 23, 2019 8:51 AM

Creative and exciting...........Josh and Drake.

by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2019 12:41 PM

R33, The Despicable Me movies are from Universal, not Disney.

by Anonymousreply 35March 23, 2019 6:59 PM

R34 that’s brilliant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2019 9:40 PM

R28 WeHo rumor has it Drake is bi (and dated Aaron Carter according to blinds). A lot of his romantic popsongs scan less awkwardly when you assume they’re about guys or gay sex (Up, Periscope’? really?), and his character on Nickelodeon was always saying suspect things like “girls are just guys without..(‘dicks’, implied)”. He never officially dates a girl for more than 6-10 months and his dates are always bland pinups on loan from Playboy/VS, never female entertainers he knows and has worked with or anyone else in the business. He flags, bigtime.

Josh is married to a normal middleclass civilian woman (and now is even father to her child)...but just look at him, there’s no way that is an entirely straight man. If you’ve ever seen him move a muscle, speak or breathe then you know what we mean. If he’s not gay then he missed his calling.

It wouldn’t surprise anyone to learn that they fucked (or are fucking?) but we’ll probably never know if they sealed the deal.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2019 12:40 AM

Back then during their twitter bitchfight everything about Drake and his behaviour screamed lover scorned.

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2019 1:34 PM

That wedding drama was weird. Hard to know whether Drake snapped and panicked for real or as a work, and if it was for real whether it was that he was losing a big payday or his heart was breaking.

c.2013 Drake was also talking about writing/shooting another movie with Josh (see AMA at the link), which makes me wonder if this is a credible report or just wishful thinking on Drake’s part again. If Drake wasn’t and isn’t fucking Josh then it’s harder to explain his behavior, and his fixation on the other guy is..unsettling.

If it was acting this time around he’s better at his craft than I gave him credit; if it was real he’s more of a shrieky mess. In fairness bankruptcy, facial reconstruction and getting a 1,000 doors slammed in one’s face would drive anyone over the edge.

Maybe the whole thing was a smokescreen, and that baby of Josh’s is both of theirs. From video evidence posted recently on Josh’s YouTube channel they converse more like people who cohabit and took vows and adopted a gayby more than ‘brothers’ or ‘best friends’ (and FYI boys, repeating trite patchy stories ad nauseam to the press and spamming IG with staged photos does not make something true).

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2019 9:59 PM

AMA link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2019 10:00 PM

I would fuck moody 20-year-old Josh Peck with the long hair and the stoned sultry look, but not the he before or after that.

But then I’d say the same for Drake, given a couple more years on either end. They’re neither of them that appealing now, but they still seem attracted to each other so good for them. It’s nice to have someone in life who always wants you and sees you as hot when really you’ve just become a hot mess. True love and All That (hahahaha..)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2019 4:28 PM

Josh just spoke about this with little Devin at the Kids’ Choice Awards. Good timing and cute interview but, how does Josh expect Gen Z to know who Martin & Lewis are?

“I wouldn’t call it a reboot, it’s just an opportunity for Drake & I to be together again; obviously we love each other...so any chance to do something dope together is really exciting for me...trying to go for some like, Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis - same guys, but in a whole new set of scenarios...it’s in the works.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2019 8:31 PM

You know what's weird is that many of the things that have happened to D&J IRL correspond to episodes of their sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2019 9:16 AM

who are these fugs?

I don't know, nor do I want to know how they have stayed out of my universe, but let keep it that way. ok??

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2019 9:32 AM

Were the nudes ever confirmed to be real?

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2019 10:02 AM

Not for nothing but; didn't Dan Sc hne ider get fired from Nick about 5 months ago? And you know there's no such thing as a coincidence..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2019 8:44 AM

[quote] I'm guessing Josh's career didn't get off the ground.

After performing the voice for a teenaged, CGI-version of Casey Jones for Generation NeXt - how many other peaks are there to climb, really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2019 12:46 AM

These two guys are wastoids (Drake is obviously the worse one) but only the ONTD crowd know that and remember.

Both were coked/blazed out their minds for half their show run (even on camera in some aired scenes). Nbd, only it led to ED/depression issues for Josh and DUIs for Drake that could have killed other people (and almost killed him a time or two). Drake was still playing shows at high-schools drunk recently as three years ago... :/

Their habits turned both of them into whores who overshare. There was all that mess with Drake DMing HS girls with the worst level of Rich Cronin sexts (then getting mocked and exposed by said girls for being a creepy loser), and he is said to have been a 15y.o girl’s first lover (worst Quincenēra ever) only to brutally ghost her after because he was 21 and playing away from his gf to fuck her. Gross and lame just like his John Lennon tattoos. The number of LiveJournal girls who report they once fucked Josh in the mid-late 2000s and had the best night of their lives is unbelievable (guess he was making up lost time?).

As for the gay angle one of Drake’s exes - that poor YouTube comedian woman who committed suicide a couple years back, and was way too beautiful/tall/intelligent for him - once did a vid with James St. James, and in that another guy outright said that Drake was a bi closet-case who bought her off with gifts (“nice camera - thanks to your closeted ex!”). Not that it takes a genius to figure out he beards if even Joy from The View pointed it out, but...🤷‍♀️Apparently in his 20s Drake used to crash Disney on Grad Nights to pick up HS boys too. There was a unconfirmed Josh/Sean William Scott tryst rumor a decade ago but otherwise every story is about him acting wacky while stoned or fucking College girls. Josh used to get high with Drake so it wouldn’t surprise me if they fucked at least a handful of times while nodding out or halfway gone.

My favorite ONTD stoner-Drake story has to be the one about a dog he had in his 20s that got into his weed stash (left on a low coffee table) and ate all of it until delirious, leading to Drake’s beard of the time breaking up with him and trying to take custody of the dog😂I still die at that one.

Both goofy nobodies but they have an amazing L.A. connection, I’ll bet.

by Anonymousreply 48March 30, 2019 12:17 AM

Nothing and no one will ever be able to convince me that Josh is straight. This guy PINGS in EVERY video I've ever seen of him. He also talks with his hands A LOT.

by Anonymousreply 49March 30, 2019 1:29 PM

Maybe Josh pings cuz he dresses like a Jonas Brother. The old gay boring one who got beard-married to a fan, to be specific.

by Anonymousreply 50March 30, 2019 4:52 PM

R42 is it ok to show so much chest-hair at the Kids' Choice Awards? Drake probably told him to wear that shirt which makes him looks like he should be hosting an interior-design show on HGTV or consulting on Queer Eye.

Cute how kids interview adults on the orange carpet but the questions are all bland. I would have asked Josh something personal and borderline-offensive like "So you & Drake - you the top or are you vers?" or "Coke or Pepsi? Dick or Cunt?". There are spicy ways to do promo and get people talking about your projects.

Either way he should have made Drake work a lot harder to get him back. Dude caved after like 18 months.

by Anonymousreply 51March 30, 2019 6:16 PM

Don't hurt yourself R44..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 31, 2019 11:44 AM

I know Drake Bell from his kid-acting in ‘Jerry Maguire’ & ‘High Fidelity’. Good crier and very camera-friendly, but I wonder if he had enough protection on-sets back then. Back then his Mom, former pro billiards-player and evangelist Robin Bell, was also his manager so she must have watched out for him against predatory types, right?

He was also in ‘The Jack Bull’ with John Cusack. It felt like there was a forced parallel between Drake & Cusack in the 90s, probably because they look alike. It’s tempting to assume the reason Drake acts the way he does with women and drinks so heavily is due to Cusack’s negative example, but maybe that’s a reach. They had chemistry in that movie if nothing else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 31, 2019 3:35 PM

^^I loved THE JACK BULL R53. For a low-budge Canadian tv movie based on a boring old German novella, it's surprisingly an absorbing moving film and undeservedly forgotten even by Western fans. I think it may have been buried due to the complicated and somewhat dry subplot about land & property law, and the obvious nepotism in casting (hiring one's own son in the lead as a Messianic figure is a little much, Dick Cusack..).

Drake probably gives the best performance of his acting career to date in it, and he was just 12 years old and green as grass when shooting it. John Goodman is particularly excellent too as a benevolent Wyoming Judge. I even get palpitations over John Cusack in it and generally I can't stand his acting or his smug presence.

by Anonymousreply 54March 31, 2019 8:52 PM

[quote] His hair is coarse and usually greased, and his voice is tarry to put it mildly. He would have calloused fingers from guitar-playing and he’s said to have residual scarring inside his mouth and under his chin left from a near-fatal car wreck he was in years back.

R10 I'm secretly a fan of Drake's disgusting chin-scar. Cronenberg's CRASH vibes. He covers it with makeup.

Shamefully and telling no-one I'd choke on Drake, then turn and spit when he looks away to fix his stupid hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 1, 2019 3:34 PM

They’re both just so like, whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2019 9:56 PM

right R38?

I was just like, queen you must chill. He’ll take you back if you just calm it tf down? He finally learned that lesson by now, but man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2019 10:29 PM

I just can't figure out why Josh is doing this now. He held out on Drake for almost a decade, during which time he made bank from YouTube ads and from a fantastic side-hustle doing talks at Universities about New Media all over the country for which he's paid $30,000 or more a pop (he has another one coming up in a week). He is famous with a young crowd who spend money on trends and media personalities like it's nothing. He does not need to do this to keep his wife in a manner to which she's become accustomed or feed her baby then put it through a good College and buy him a house. Nostalgia has a fast first payday but it doesn't pay bills long-term; going in on a project with Drake is probably a mistake that will cost Josh time and money and goodwill and may even land him in the hole thanks to his partner who cannot hold on to money or get a grip on his temper.

Knowing that, there can only be a personal or artistic reason for his choice to collaborate with Drake. Examining their joint catalogue and the artistic cachet of their solo efforts it clearly isn't the second reason. That only leaves the personal; best guess is that either Drake has some spicy blackmail material to hold over Josh forcing him into it, or somehow they actually do like each other enough to sell themselves down the river over it (and these guys are neurotic Millennials who love money and crave security so that means a lot).

by Anonymousreply 58April 2, 2019 9:15 PM

I still wanna get smacked as shit with Josh in in the chess district or sth lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2019 10:56 PM

R49 he even pings a little bit for me as I listen to his podcast, CURIOUS (really, that's the name). I don't necessarily think he's completely gay, though, just bi or curious with maybe some m/m physical encounters and emotional affairs strewn in his past. He sounds like a boring hetero dad on Jay Mohr's level nowadays.

I think much of Josh's zesty manner comes from growing up with only a mother and an older cluster of hens around to raise him. He talks about this on his show, that because he was kind of a latchkey and only had his Mom and his schoolyard pals for company the only grown men he had around to relate to were sitcom dads and stand-ups on his tv screen. You can tell he's more at ease conversing with women over men, and that probably translates to some good game when it comes to picking up females - women like goodwill!

Some straight or bi men really just prefer the company of women and relate to others on a more feminine level naturally, and that's alright. David Spade, he of a thousand female companions (and some of them bunnygirls), grew up a similar way to Josh and he too has that femmey swishy hammy quality when he talks or performs. Women up to and including lesbians and die Frauen adore this guy in spite of his looks and his catty comedic stylings, and like Josh he is never without a female admirer (although, I like to think Josh is more respectful toward women irl than rude bitchy dismissive David when the cameras stop rolling....).

When it comes to the classic DL archetype of a closet-case, Drake better fits the mold; what with his difficult relationship with an overbearing religious mother, his two father figures, his good-looking successful-jock brothers, his endless ludicrous problems with girls he dates, his louche lifestyle and his kneejerk histrionics. He's also a collector of the kind of vintage bric-a-brac DL adores, and is never without a small dog in his home.

by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2019 8:15 PM

It's like they can't be together for long, but can't stay away from each other indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 61April 5, 2019 12:21 AM

How Brokeback R61

by Anonymousreply 62April 5, 2019 6:39 AM

^The last ep of their dumb show was the dance one, and in the final routine Drake & Josh perform on the dance contest (together) there is a fleeting reference to Brokeback Mountain where they wear Stetsons and linedance while doing some very questionable rodeo formation.

And I always giggle when in the flamenco section Josh grabs Drake's ass (what scant amount there is of it). It's like full extra squeeze. So very extra and very ass, and they could only have been 19 or 20 shooting it.

Idk why they aren't more popular on DL. Yes they're Millennials from the Nickelodeon farm, but they're basically the closest thing to vaudeville performers or Lucille & Ethel in this present day. They were trained as multi-cam sitcom/variety stage performers and that's what they are at root, even if Josh pretends to be anything else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 5, 2019 3:08 PM

R61 I just checked it and they have an almost exact Venus/Mars & Venus/Eros opposition as well as a Mars/Uranus sextile in their synastry (i.e. a planetary set-up that makes you instinctively want to fuck like you're married). They also have a composite Sun/Moon opposition with a Moon/Jupiter conjunction in the 4th house which makes for a generally feelgood pair-bond with mucho friction and sexual tension to keep it spicy.

All that to say if they were a hetero couple they'd be recoupled with a joint last-name, 3 kids via surrogate and a deed in both names to a bigass house by now. On paper their energy is non-platonic, 'Brangelina' if you will. 'Brotherly' or friendship-based charts never look like theirs and I have trouble believing they've not fucked.

But what do I know. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 64April 5, 2019 3:44 PM

‘Same page/different book’ relationship.

One of them probably swallowed the other a time or 10 in their hazy 20s (remember: DARE=Drugs Are Really Expensive)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2019 10:42 PM

[quote] he even pings a little bit for me as I listen to his podcast, CURIOUS

R60 Josh had Pete Holmes on a recent episode, and told him that he’s “11 years sober”. That means he stopped drinking or whatever in 2008 and he had an addiction as teen-21 year old which generally implies some degree of sexual licentiousness. His also told Pete that he got in a situation “that would disappoint his mother” over a young woman while under the influence.

Looking at pics of him from those years tells a story. If he did fuck any dudes during his dark times he may not even remember.

by Anonymousreply 66April 6, 2019 11:32 AM

^^Josh told Yvette Nicole Brown that he literally walked into like a coke orgy or some such Wolf of Wall Street foolishness at 18 years old, and he dove right in enthusiastically because he was impressed how it was "like the movies". It's weird to think about teenage Josh getting in that dark and that deep but apparently he was a mess and barely even insurable for a good 4 years until his Mom set him straight (though Drake's worse off when it comes to the substances and probably started sooner than Josh if we're counting weeds). He talked to Yvette about being in therapy since he was highschool age so maybe he's always been a little on the edge. As a younger man Josh also used to wear the Ka b bala red string around his wrist for a while, I'm just saying. But maybe there's something about all kids' TV entertainers that just demands a foray into freakiness.

Wasn't Josh in some alleged unfinished mystery James Franco film about Bukowski that never got released, since we're speaking of altered states? WHET to that?

by Anonymousreply 67April 6, 2019 5:45 PM

R9 they’re working on it bruh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2019 9:07 PM

Reminder: these two were once connected enough to present at the VMAs, as were fellow prettyboys Chace (Crawford) & Zefron. Their VMA year ('08) was notorious for comments made by mainstage host Russell Brand (Britney opened, and Swifty hosted the pre-show) mocking the Jonas Brothers who were relegated perform in the backlot for their purity rings, and comparing then-POTUS George W. to a "retard cowboy".

MTV/VH1 was then and still is under Viacom along with Paramount & Nickelodeon (a collective constituting an "albatross", to quote Les Moonves), so perhaps D&J were a cheap reliable get slotted in as filler to replace someone else last-minute. Interesting to note that Josh is now a success financially owing to his YouTube content, despite the fact that in 2007-8 and later 2010-13 Viacom unsuccessfully attempted to sue YouTube for $1b over copyright infringement with the sitting judge motioning for summary judgement in favor of YouTube twice (Viacom settled without $$ and removed their own content). This is one of the seminal court cases that kickstarted legal brouhaha around 'anonymous' data collection across the YT platform. With this in mind, how then does Josh still have impunity to visit 6230 on Sunset? And now that Viacom now own VidCon, an international YouTuber convention event, why is Josh still invited to speak at the con tables every year? Isn't he something of a turncoat taking money from a siphoner? If he were still a company darling he'd be all over Comedy Central by now so it's clear that all is not entirely well there with the professional relationship.

I forget the thread but a Reddit poster recently said that in the second week of March this year his(?) girlfriend spotted Drake & Josh walking and talking together outside the Warner Bros. Studios lot in Burbank, so it's even possible that Drake too is jumping off the Viacom deck like Josh did and they're seeking some patronage and inspiration. Or they just had a cute cultural date at the Warner Archive & The Front Lot, idk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2019 11:39 AM

R69 hahahahahaah Drake pulled a half-Malek and fell just by walking onto the stage. Josh laughed at him, mte tbh

R6 Josh doesn’t have a wedding band on in that vid or any of his recent others. That a Jewish thing or a Hwood thing? Or is he creeping already? (dude is a Scorpio...)

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2019 11:06 PM

R69 if either guy are working with their old company or with WB it's probably a long-time in the works and could easily enter Development Hell.

Viacom aren't even ready. They just renewed their deal with AT&T after a contract dispute re. content distribution, a resolution which makes MTV & Nick content available to legally stream for T-Mobile customers and brings Viacom back once more to the table to discuss a potential merger with former-child CBS (who we recall magnanimously gifted Paramount back to Viacom in recent years). Drake & Josh are free and largely irrelevant agents for the time being so this does not directly hurt them, but the sudden ubiquity of their old catalogue will affect their future endeavours in ways yet to be seen.

I doubt CBS are anxious to acquire the talents of Drake & Josh - where would they put them, Pop TV? UPN would have been apt but the Corp don't have that anymore. Now we come to mention it, maybe putting them to work on Showtime (former home of the US QAF) could be very interesting but no-one would watch it. If the pair were seen at Warner Bros. recently that indicates some interest on the part of The CW, which is of course the joint venture between WB & CBS. Checking the orders for The CW 2019 and onward, I only see: pilots for Batwoman & Nancy Drew as well as the beleaguered Lost Boys and another Archie/Riverdale spinoff, in conjunction with; new season 2 scripts for The 4400, Good Christian Bitches/GCB with Leslie Bibb (who let's face it, deserves and needs the work more than Drake or Josh), some Canadian drama about the acting business with Cassie Steele, and something egregious I've never seen and refuse to called I Ship It which is exec-produced by a woman called Melissa Schneider (any relation to Dan?).

I can't believe I spent my home office day going through all that just to set this straight, but I'm bored and this was bugging me so you're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2019 10:58 AM

ehhhh...let’s just not and say we did

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2019 2:42 PM

You all are aware that TeenNick is showing episodes of Drake & Josh on Saturday nights, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2019 8:12 PM

^^yeah, the OG sitcom never truly went off the air and it's also on several streaming platforms like Hulu. There are 1st graders who are current fans.

That is why all the curiosity around this new project. Drake & Josh have never tried making anything major for a mature audience away from Nick before, so no-one knows how it will turn out - only that it will certainly depart radically from 'DRAKE & JOSH'. Their next feature could be the next 'BLUES BROTHERS', the next 'NEIGHBOURS' or the next '1941' in their corpus depending on how they play it. So long as they both keep away from yachtgirls and whatever is the contemporary equivalent of speedballs something worth filming should come off whether people like it or not.

I could see Peck in a Buford. T. Justice kind of role. He's always pushed for a comparison to Gleason, and all that fake-happy hyper YouTube garbage must be hell on his natural sense of aggression & menace (just watch his performances in films like 'MEAN CREEK', 'DRILLBIT TAYLOR' and 'RED DAWN' for more on that). Strangely he's more a natural bully or antagonist in spite of his most famous Nick incarnation who was a 'nice guy' nerd. You can even see his repressed anger bleed through the edges of his commercials so he's really got to do something constructive with it. And Drake could do a fine job of whatever it was Burt Reynolds did, but then that's damning with the faintest of praise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2019 10:25 PM

Drake exposes new body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2019 2:59 PM

BELL: “Did I have any relationships with my cast mates from Drake and Josh? Not any of my cast mates. But guest stars...”

Oh so that thing with Vanessa Hedges? Didn’t he say that was PR and so was Zanessa? And what about that crewmember he allegedly blackmailed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2019 4:00 PM

Drake looked like that for like, one summer R75. He's a little guy and he's destined to be that forever, like Josh is destined to be husky forever.

tbh Drake didn't even look right or much more attractive all roided out with veins popping. He's sexier when he looks like a normal albeit skinny person.

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2019 9:19 PM

Wow he has horrible skin at R75. Looks like a combination of never using sunscreen and casual meth habit.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2019 9:37 PM

right R78? From face to hair to body to bone structure he looks like Bryan Adams' illegitimate son by an Irish-American groupie.

They even have similar speaking voices, raspy and soft and high-pitched. And they've had gimmick overlaps. Ofc B.A is a masc blond with 11 hit albums and a Grammy and 7 JUNOs and a Satellite nom and an ASCAP-winning soundtrack and he has photographed literal royalty but eh, who's counting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2019 11:05 PM

Josh’s body language is so defensive and tense in the linked video @R6. He keeps punching his palm and scratching at himself and grimacing and sweating with Drake like an inch away from him. It’s a little alarming and implies he has hostile feelings..

I assume he’s either high af or what R74 says about his anger management is true.

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2019 2:21 PM

Drake & Josh? Oh so you mean like-

[quote] Think I'm Thanos, rock diamond my fist, uh-uh/Entertainment with your bitch at night like Nick/Drake and Josh how we team your bitch, uh-uh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 12, 2019 9:39 PM

Nick re-air 'Drake & Josh' episodes out of order and have done for years, which makes it so confusing for first-time viewers what with Josh's irl-weight fluctuating and Drake's character's IQ yo-yoing drastically.

Their chemistry changed radically too. In S1&2 they really were only like brothers or best friends, it was a chaste lighthearted energy. By S3 they were flirting and pouring out affection in a way male American siblings never do. In S4 they were written more like characters who were dating exclusively and seriously, no personal space or secrets or boundaries between them (even in the ep 'Josh Is Done' when Josh attempts to get his independence).

by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2019 12:12 AM

R82 yeah, that “Josh is Done” is incredibly like a break up of a romantic relationship. Drake just pines for josh like a young person in love does.

by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2019 12:24 AM

It seems like they're completely wrong for each other, but just can't fall out of love.

by Anonymousreply 84April 13, 2019 12:56 AM

No matter what they do or say their relationship just doesn’t come over straight. Even when they aren’t speaking they make it seem like the gayest of dramas (and we would know). No friendship I know ever runs a course like this unless there is romantic or sexual feeling involved.

[quote] Josh is married to a normal middleclass civilian woman (and now is even father to her child)...but just look at him.

R37 Even in the Peck wedding photos I’m like hmmmmm. Josh has got his arm around Paige like she’s his Hangover bud and their kiss looks staged af. Everyone is smizing and clearly out of their minds in their IG photo album, not a genuine smile to be had. YouTube coke must be good shit, idk.

[quote] Not that it takes a genius to figure out he beards if even Joy from The View pointed it out, but...

R48 That gf was Melissa aka Miss Teen USA 2006. You know Drake was just envious of her sash.

[quote] “Josh is Done” is incredibly like a break up of a romantic relationship. Drake just pines for josh like a young person in love.

R83 I remember that episode, and thinking it was weird that the outgoing date-every-night Drake character didn’t get out of bed for two weeks and later had a crying meltdown in front of his highschool class just because Josh wasn’t talking to him. Like that’s a normal 18-year-old brotherly reaction, right?

[quote] In S1&2 they really were only like brothers or best friends, it was a chaste lighthearted energy. By S3 they were flirting and pouring out affection in a way male American siblings never do. In S4 they were written more like characters who were dating exclusively and seriously.

R82 Things did change for their relationship most obviously after Drake’s car accident that broke his jaw and his back and almost left him dead. That happened when they were only a few episodes deep into shooting the last season (4?) of the show and Josh had just got in shape. Josh got a call about it almost instantly and rushed to the hospital at 1am (4 or 5 hours after the accident), then after that visited bedside pretty much daily until Drake was released. Personally I don’t know if any set of friends who would do that for each other, and I know my extended family & friends would not do that for me. I guess a decent sibling or a caring bf would? Conclusion: D&J back then were probably actually like the ‘brothers’ they said they were, or downlow lovers. How can there be any inbetween?

by Anonymousreply 85April 13, 2019 3:22 PM

R9 they might strip down on this new show.

Something about the smell of pink money just makes guys rip a shirt off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 13, 2019 10:17 PM

My favorite episodes of the 00s Nick show are mostly from season three, which was the longest season I believe. 'The Demonator', 'The Drake & Josh Inn', 'We're Married', 'Mindy's Back', 'Sheep Thrills' & 'Foam Finger' hold up as classic oldschool teencom television and as a bonus have tons of innuendo and gay jokes.

In the season finale 'The Dr. Phyliss Show' the boys have opening monologues that sound exactly like rants I've read from disgruntled DLrs about their boyfriends ("I keep finding his hair on the soap" "my room is inhabited by an immature BEAST" "I am the VICTIM in this relationship!"), and keep their family up with their loud domestic arguments and physical altercations from upstairs. We also find out in the same episode that Josh voluntarily and often organises Drake's boxers - if R15 is right then that is some poor continuity - by color in the bureau (the characters share a big attic room, for those who've never watched it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2019 10:58 PM

Don't they act like incompatible ex-lovers who just can't let go?

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2019 1:43 AM

They really do R88, I never saw it that way while the show was on air but I can see it now ever since Josh's wedding and also looking at old interviews. Drake is the one that seems really not ready to move on and I suspect his substance issues make it harder for him to let it go.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2019 3:06 AM

R89 I've been trying for years to recover a video copy of a joint interview they did on The View (possibly the one R48 talks about? c.Xmas 2008 iirc) in which they are all but sitting in each other's laps and fawning like newlyweds. I still remember seeing it air, feeling like "is...this a coming-out interview, or..?" I've never seen anything quite like that segment live on U.S. television before or since. Even Barbara seemed charmed and taken aback by the blatancy. The fact that it's now impossible to find the video and any record of it in archives/blogs tells me the reality may be close to what I assumed.

There was also a strange period in the mid-10s where they would pop up for each other's promo stints. Like how in 2014 Josh went to watch Drake compete in Splash! (that dumb diving contest show), after they'd been professionally apart for several years and allegedly weren't friends anymore.

by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2019 12:51 PM

R31 she’s the one with ED in that clip? He looks like the more emaciated of the two by far and not too well besides (is that a tremor?). His acting and his comedic timing in the short was nicely played, but man..

This was a few years ago so he was still having drinking issues at the time, but wouldn’t that make a person fatter and flushed rather than pale and sticklike? Whatever he’s doing differently this year sober or not is clearly helping his health.

Even still Ms. Gulner with the Harvard degree is out of his league by nautical miles. How does he keep getting all these pretty leading women and girlfriends?

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2019 8:21 PM

[quote] in the Peck wedding photos I’m like hmmmmm. Josh has got his arm around Paige like she’s his Hangover bud

idk R85, maybe you're being a little too cynical even by DL standards. I could see something resembling joyousness or at least sweet affection there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2019 10:55 PM

I love that 10 years ago Josh gave this quote about a future D&J project to MTV News. I know he was being glib and poking fun at how ridiculous the expectation for their joint career is, but every good joke is half-truth. I'd pay for a $12 movie ticket to see any of his proposed titles..

[quote] "We missed each other. (Coming back to work on D&J) I feel like a fink, like the big elephant in the room. It's kind of a silly thing, but it's great that we're able to make kids happy and laugh....who knows? (in future) it could be 'Drake & Josh Refinance Their Home,' 'Drake & Josh Get in a Failed Relationship,' 'Drake & Josh Look for Assisted Living'."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 15, 2019 12:17 PM

[quote] Drake & Josh Get in a Failed Relationship.

I like this angle, I’m seeing ratings. Go on.

by Anonymousreply 94April 15, 2019 4:23 PM

R85 Drake's car accident was severe but his back wasn't broken. He fractured neck vertebra and his jaw (in 3 places), lost 6 or 7 teeth and had to have over 70 stitches as well as cosmetic surgery to repair the damage to his face. There was a cut going through his chin that was, in his words, "like a second mouth". He also broke bones or tore ligaments in his fingers, as later he posted to social media about possibly having to give up playing guitar.

That said Drake was driving a '66 Mustang with lap belts and no airbags, in the middle of the night (and possibly high?). His main injuries were caused when he hit his jaw off his steering wheel on impact because nothing was restraining him. The collision was head-on, and Drake had a passenger with him. It was a horrific wreck and quite traumatic, but also he’s a fucking idiot. He's had DUIs since and continues to drive cars that aren't roadworthy. At some point you really should just swallow the fact that you aren't a responsible safe driver and take the bus everywhere like Vincent Kartheiser.

Drake is likeable at times but boy does he ever make it hard. I can see why Josh might become frustrated and tell him to beat it, and vice versa. They should both move into a condo close to wherever they're going to film this new thing and walk to work to minimise the chance of another catastrophe (and hey, bonus privacy in case they decide to give in to the urges like the entire comment section of that YT at R6 is saying).

by Anonymousreply 95April 15, 2019 8:29 PM

I grew up with Drake and Josh (I even remember there days on the Amanda Show) and if they can get it right I think this could be a smash hit. The show has contributed so much to today’s millenial humor

by Anonymousreply 96April 15, 2019 8:35 PM

R96 there’s a really cute bit in the last season of The Amanda Show where Josh saves Drake from a trap set by Amanda’s stalker because he loves him too much to see him hurt or disappeared (even though if Drake were gone Josh could have more screentime). They even have a Lifetime-y relationship montage in the episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2019 10:02 PM

If you aren't tweeting like a tweenage girl when you're a man in your 30s are you even Drake & Josh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 15, 2019 11:50 PM

[quote] the OG sitcom never truly went off the air and it's also on several streaming platforms like Hulu.

True but there are at least a dozen episodes missing on Hulu and iTunes, because the original musical cues in them can’t be licensed. So only half the series is available for legal streaming, and the rest you have to watch as recorded rips (chopped up with tv commercials) & laggy as hell in 180p on ancient foreign upload sites like at R87.

You can’t even buy the Nick sitcom episodes on DVD, only the 3 TV movies. The novelisations are cheap and easy to get (lmao) and sometimes single or double episodes pop up on Nick compilation Blu-rays, but honestly that’s as good as it gets.

It’s so difficult to watch the whole series in full and good quality that you’re almost forced to catch it on TeenNick at midnight on weekends (maybe that’s the big idea?)

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Sounds like a s extape in the making. Fire up the cams, boys.

by Anonymousreply 100April 17, 2019 9:29 AM

Josh annoys me with how much he bitches about his weight and his income and his upbringing, on Twitter and his podcast. Why is he still bitter? Like we get that it once sucked for you, Josh - you used to be a poor fat little kid living in a fleabag apartment with your Mom and having never met your Dad...but now you’re worth like $10m with a Hamptons wife and you get calls from GQ now. And not everyone gets an invitation to go to Sundance with Method Man, Peck. Ain’t that enough? What would be?

He also has the audacity to whine about the career he had as a kid. The same acting career that gave him the leverage and free time and connections to get a personal trainer, stylist, PR guy and so on. If he hadn’t had his own show? He’d have spent his adolescence in a normal highschool getting shoved into lockers for the crime of being 300lbs, then gone to work in a cubicle to get bullied for the same. Unless he was prey to some awful creep or some kind of abuse on Nickelodeon (which considering the network still runs shows starring kids would be concerning) then idk why he is so miserable on SM even now.

I’m sure he worked hard for his money and his body and the teasing he got as a kid was pretty bad seeing as he was on TV, but that’s decades gone. Most gay kids who aren’t rich or famous or beloved by kids everywhere deal with abuse every day.

by Anonymousreply 101April 17, 2019 9:47 AM

Television dick reflection.jpg

by Anonymousreply 102April 17, 2019 6:32 PM

R48 didn't that 'dog ate my weed' story happen to Timothy Olyphant too?

by Anonymousreply 103April 17, 2019 8:16 PM

R101 ohhh somebody’s mad presst..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 18, 2019 7:55 AM

Isn’t it a tradition in WeHo to tell one’s coming-out story to a private audience of fellow gays? What is with the bleating nonsense in the R6 link telling of their straight-virginity loss to the world? Most people don’t bother going into detail to confirm things that are undeniably true.

Anyway my favorite ex-Nickelodeon junky has to be Danny Tamberelli aka Little Pete. At least HE made it onto All That (Josh does an alright impression of Antoine).

by Anonymousreply 105April 18, 2019 2:38 PM

r102 and he then had the audacity to go to JustJared’s Hallowe’en party last year with Victoria Justice. Dressed as Frank N’Furter no less. You could probably convince him to do literally anything no matter how ill-advised or gross for views.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 18, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote] Josh does an alright impression of Antoine.

"NA NA NA NA NA SEE....What it is" lmao. Nick meta is the best and I miss All That.

That day Josh had on a silk shirt in hot pink with a fringe vest like Kojak and a literal afro wig complete with comb, and he still looked less ridiculous than Drake who for some reason in every episode that season consistently wore girls' size 28 flared jeans that seemed to come from his own closet (looooool).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 18, 2019 10:18 PM

I live for Drake’s Datalounger song lyrics.

A heterosexual man apparently wrote THIS:

[quote] Let me go and set the table/You do your best Clark Gable/And I can be your Norma Shearer..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 19, 2019 8:21 AM

^even Darren Hayes knew enough to call himself ‘NormaN MAILER’ in song. Ah Drake

Manufactured Beef is a staple out of the Influencer playbook and this past year of drama was a work to drum up clicks for this impending new show of theirs I’ll bet. They’ve probably been friends this whole time BTS. or they just married each other.

by Anonymousreply 109April 19, 2019 9:04 AM

Tbh thought they were dating in that Xmas movie they did, and I hope their next movie is like that but even more extreme. Straight American men don’t look at each other way in broad daylight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 19, 2019 9:57 PM

They keep saying they're like Martin & Lewis so what if they put their money where their mouths are and redo MY FRIEND IRMA or LIVING IT UP?

Alternatively if they want a dramatic turn they could remake Egoyan's WHERE THE TRUTH LIES casting themselves, only doing it better this time around.

by Anonymousreply 111April 19, 2019 11:51 PM

R110 they’re totally like a couple in that. The producers, I’m sure, thought it was funny to have all this homo eroticism in a kids show.

by Anonymousreply 112April 20, 2019 1:18 AM

The holiday movie was just one big troll and boy did it bring the innuendo.

The plot would hardly have to be changed to convert it; from a simple morality tale about helping orphans, to a dramedy about longtime-partnered Millennial gay couple Drake & Josh looking to adopt and coming up against local government/courts/the general public who oppose them building a family because of their rap sheet of disastrous juvenile pranks & schemes and the fact that they are legally brothers who are barely 21.

And Drake IRL seems like one of those guys who vehemently protests the idea of settling down with a husband & kids but only because deep down he's terrified he'll love it and grow to depend on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2019 10:26 PM

[quote] producers, I’m sure, thought it was funny to have all this homo eroticism in a kids show.

In the past I have definitely seen and read press quotes given by Josh Peck saying that he & Drake heavily edited and gave tons of “notes” on the MERRY CHRISTMAS.. script, and that they also did a lot of improv. Meaning the overt gay content probably came directly from the leads themselves.

by Anonymousreply 114April 21, 2019 12:17 PM

Will the billing order of their names be reversed this time?

I’d lobby for that, if I were Josh.

by Anonymousreply 115April 21, 2019 8:30 PM

Premise: them sneaking into the Nickelodeon offices and stealing the Rocko's Modern Life movie from the vault so they can release it to the public

by Anonymousreply 116April 22, 2019 1:45 PM

I want a girl that looks at me like Josh looks at Drake.

by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Can Kevin Jonas be in it? He knows Josh a little bit and likes him, they have a sweet silly high-energy chemistry. There's some interesting places that a series could go with the underlying meta-text of a Disney x Nick collabo using all closeted gay guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 22, 2019 9:47 PM

R116 that Rocko’s movie is actually 100% finished. It had a private screening and everything. Idk why it’s still behind Nick HQ doors never to be seen...

by Anonymousreply 119April 23, 2019 8:16 AM

Ilu Josh but enough already with the SM mugging. It’s like MK Olsen tried to teach him her pout, only he never got it right.

Is he still friends with that rapist Viner?

by Anonymousreply 120April 23, 2019 1:44 PM

Venus x Eros def sounds like them R64. It would explain all the innuendo in their show if nothing else.

[quote] Moon represents emotional comfort in love; Mars is physical desire; Venus is aesthetic attraction or infatuation; Eros is pure want, the drive to compulsively and intensely to seek the pleasure of lovemaking on its own and for its own sake. It is absolutely irresistible. When dealing with Eros, one knows why the person of their desire is not right for them or why pursuing them is not advantageous but they are still pulled to them regardless. There is an intense inner feeling of fate working, the desire to merge souls and ignore the earthly. It is the head and heart running away with each other. Those who find themselves obsessively attracted to another and can’t talk themselves out of it are suffering from the stray arrow of Eros. With strong Eros contact a lasting official relationship often doesn’t result, or a relationship results with one partner or both needing to get away from it soon after consummation. For those who feel Eros unrequited- these are the lost dream lovers you never forget, about whom you'll always wonder. Eros doesn’t have much to back it up other than the urgent pull of a lustful, longing, aching heart. If Eros is prominent in the chart of a committed couple, the union is extremely deep and gratifying. In a synastry chart of a couple, a harmonious aspect is beneficial for inspiring passion. Eros in conjunction can sometimes be too much for couples not able to handle intensity. You can't just "be friends" or "keep it casual" when Eros is involved because the voracious passion the asteroid brings is consuming. Eros is great, but too much can be…well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 23, 2019 8:39 PM

R90 almost sure that the interview you're looking for is the one the still at the link is taken from. I don't have a link to video sadly and can't find one either (another DLer could hook you up?) but at least now you have terrible low-res pics. The link takes you to a gallery of a girl(?) who has a bunch of grainy caps of the whole interview so you can kind of tell what was going on etc.

Barbara brings this little girl who's a fan of theirs onto the couch to ask them questions and Drake is so put off by her lmao. And yes Drake & Josh were basically doing everything all over each other short making out on the couch right there and then. it truly was an astounding episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 23, 2019 11:46 PM

I'd always thought that they were straight best friends who went their separate ways. But every day, they look like an incompatible gay couple who can't stay out of love.

by Anonymousreply 123April 24, 2019 2:01 AM

In 2028 it will become clear to 4th-grader Max Peck that his Dad & his Uncle Drake have a relationship that is not kosher.

by Anonymousreply 124April 24, 2019 8:18 AM

R122 Awww@ Ethel & Shirley there.

by Anonymousreply 125April 24, 2019 12:49 PM

They really did take weird career paths post Nickelodeon. Drake Bell’s story is kinda tragic and explains why he’s so bitter these days; he only wanted to do popmusic instead of acting after D&J but got in the car accident that blew up his hands and fucked up his face so he couldn’t play or tour for 2 years or so (basically killing all of his post-Nick momentum). He has had to keep acting in awful shitty projects ever since to pay off his debts to record labels/DUI fines/touring expenses/drugs to block out the pain and stress. Meanwhile Josh just hung around having fun doing coke with the Manhattan warehouse party crew until he could find a beneficial clout relationship with a YouTube conglomerate that would pay for his rehab and a nice house so he could land his future UMC beard-wife. Both could easily at any point have ended up dead or in a Lindsay Lohan situation.

by Anonymousreply 126April 24, 2019 4:03 PM

R122 I remember that too! It was summer 2007 and I only caught it because I was home from College and still closeted with nothing to do ergo hate-watching The View.

Michael Buckley when he was still doing YouTube talked about the D&J episode a few weeks after it aired and said the same things you did - are they a couple, why are they sat with no space between, why are they flirting in front of Hasselbeck. I found it still up on his own channel on the same episode Buck talks about Vanessa H & Drake’s totally-real illegal sext scandal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 24, 2019 7:36 PM

If Josh gets fat again in the next year it will confirm my long-held suspicion that Drake is a secret feeder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2019 9:41 PM

Is this the "lost" interview we were looking for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 25, 2019 12:57 AM

No R129, though it’s from the same year and Josh is wearing the same shirt in both. I guess it could be the same day’s promo, but from what is said during the interview it seems like that Today Show clip took place later and close to the time the Xmas movie premiered (so, Winter). That interviewer is awful, he forgets Miranda’s name (calls her ‘Megan’ oof🚷🤭) and talks all over Josh so he can’t answer properly (in fairness though Josh is doing his usual lampooning). Drake is very flirty and complimentary in both interviews but it’s more pronounced in the View segments compared to this.

The “lost tape” is the one shown in the screen caps at R122 I believe. It’s from earlier that year, around July/August 07. Drake wears a blue suit/white pants in it and as R122 says there is a little fangirl they don’t know (several years younger than Miranda) on the couch talking to them. They talked longer and more sincerely than they did for Today Show. It would be nice to see that clip again and hear what they said.

by Anonymousreply 130April 25, 2019 7:23 AM

^how chilling is it to realise that the 10y.o girl chatting to Drake in that R122 interview is College sophomore age by now?

Someone should track her down and ask her if she’s still as big a fan of Drake & Josh and excited for this upcoming...whatever.

by Anonymousreply 131April 25, 2019 10:22 AM

Love was never the problem and isn't ever, sweet R123.

God knows what the problem was, but the love was the answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 25, 2019 9:08 PM

[quote] Josh & I have been talking and he's come up with some cool ideas. And I can't really go into exactly what we're doing...

Ooh, sounds saucy. And like Josh is the Top.

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2019 10:20 AM

That suit jacket on Drake in R129 was. Uh. A choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2019 7:34 PM

So when is this coming out?

by Anonymousreply 135April 27, 2019 8:25 AM

When is Drake coming out?

by Anonymousreply 136April 27, 2019 12:52 PM

Drake should just come out, it’s nbd to be bi these days, and even if it were his profile isn’t high enough for it to matter. Josh is successfully bearded & basted now so Drake coming out won’t affect him (we’ll all know they fucked, but most hetero fans who don’t post here won’t assume that).

Also someone having an account with mod privileges should add ‘Drake Parker’ to the list of gay Nickelodeon characters because that kid was bisexual down to the bone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 27, 2019 6:31 PM

R105 Pete & Pete! The show that was too good for Nick (it’s like Kubrick in a kidcom) and has a superlative OST (WHET the band Polaris?) Danny Tamberelli is witty, adorable and has turned his life around. Mike Maronna might be the funniest man alive.

The Petes have a joint podcast already and have for years, and it’s a joy to sub it. Nothing Drake or Josh can do will beat it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 27, 2019 8:24 PM

Bump for Drink & Juice

by Anonymousreply 139April 28, 2019 4:48 PM

Josh gives tips on success in a committed LTRz to LaurDIY. She tags it ‘(He’s married aka we trust him)’. ooh gurl no 😐🤐

And how is he expert? He’s only been wifed-up 18 months, and he couldn’t stay with his boyfriend longterm before that.

Josh left this comment on the video. Ugh🤮

[quote] Josh Peck PAIGE IS MY ONE AND ONLY SWEET BABY ANGEL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 29, 2019 6:25 AM

In R129’s link things get a little smoochy and 16y.o Miranda is sat like a foot away like “please this is live TV can a bitch live?”. They really don’t need to be so extra and make the rest of the room uncomfortable.

[quote] (Host asks about Drake directing some parts of their last movie) DRAKE: I got to tell [Josh] what to do... JOSH: I was sure to be VERY difficult.

by Anonymousreply 141April 29, 2019 8:49 PM

R118 Drake is totally the jealous clingy type to passive-aggressively attack anyone who tries to get between him & Josh so we don’t want that for Kevin J (he suffers enough).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 1, 2019 12:32 PM

Season 1 D&J were babyfaced R142. Adorable.

Rewatching from the beginning I see that a 21-year-old Taran Killam played Drake's dumb himbo best friend Trevor in the first several episodes (before Drake befriended Josh). Taran features heavily in the 'Dune Buggy' episode, even bridal-carrying a bleeding & bruised Drake to a hospital after an accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 1, 2019 4:50 PM

^Ok..HOW was Drake’s voice somehow deeper when he was 16-17 than 27? And than it is now he’s 33? It sounds so wrong.

Did they replace his voicebox after that car accident? Did he do too much weed or juice too hard? Did he say “fuck it” to butching himself up any once he was old enough to drink? Or has his voice always been like that irl and ADR always made it deeper in post?

by Anonymousreply 144May 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Drake couldn’t even manage ‘butch-lesbian’. And he should accept himself for that.

by Anonymousreply 145May 2, 2019 8:21 AM

Was it Marx who said that we all must rent our bodies for capital? As a teen ‘star’ working for the people he did and on the sets he was hired for, this quasi-prostitution no doubt a big driving mechanic in young Drake’s life. Perhaps that’s why the same Drake who once went on talkshows complaining about teen-girl plastic surgery and Paris H.juicy-culture now keeps going naked in his new videos and leaking racy pics on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 2, 2019 9:16 AM

Sheena is one cool lady R59. I'd have told cokey Josh to move the hell on with his blaccent and his wack-ass rhymes, then snapped his flipphone in two and got off the elevator right quick.

by Anonymousreply 147May 2, 2019 8:16 PM

Josh just made a new video with a gorgeous male model, where they both rate each other's bodies.

Come on now, Josh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 3, 2019 7:55 AM

Josh Peck’s obsession with other mens’ bodies and sex-lives is almost pathological. Isn’t his wife a little put off and put out?

by Anonymousreply 149May 3, 2019 4:36 PM

“We stan a twink”

He knows our lingo, we’ve been RUMBLED

by Anonymousreply 150May 3, 2019 7:00 PM

R139 nay, Drakencrantz & Josherstein

by Anonymousreply 151May 3, 2019 8:26 PM

BFD

Mediocre blokes

by Anonymousreply 152May 3, 2019 8:27 PM

^^I thought BFD stood for Big Fucking Dick and was about to ask which one of them has it. I am shamefaced.

by Anonymousreply 153May 4, 2019 7:54 AM

As Drake lives next-door to the HW on Fuller House and Josh is friends with Stamos, it’s safe to assume new ‘Drake & Josh’ is going to x-over with FH right?

Josh was on a S04 episode of FH as a hipster jerk who insults Jesse. “I avoid gluten like it’s a bad neighbourhood” 😅

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 4, 2019 9:15 AM

We should get that final episode of 'Moody's Point' first.

"Dawson had his Creek, Moody had her Point...Amanda Bynes IS....MOODY."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 4, 2019 9:56 PM

Urgh R155 Josh trying to act like a naïve polite 2nd grader in that sketch makes my teeth itch. Even at 13 he was only palatable and believable playing unpleasant more streetwise older characters (but what do we expect, he was bullied out of gradeschool and was playing pool in HK bars by 11 years old). He also doesn’t click with Amanda outside of the one character she does (the stalker girl with the glasses) and only looks helplessly at Drake for input during most of that Blockbuster skit. It was the first year on television for Josh though so we must forgive him for sucking out loud, and blame veteran Drake for not helping him out more with the improv.

Drake & Josh really were firm green second bananas on that show, weren’t they? Bynes was carrying all 500lbs of both of them. In a bitchier moment I’d even call Josh a third banana, as he was only brought on for the last season or two and wasn’t good for much beside reaction screams and mugging or supporting Drake in a sketch. At least Drake could hold his own, perform distinct characters with different accents, act a smidge convincingly and sing well all while looking cute for the girls. They’re supporting players, truth be told, and neither had the charisma and chops of Kenan & Kel.

by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2019 8:53 AM

R28/R29 something different was going on with their relationship during their holiday movie shoot, whether they were actually fucking and/or dating or not. Their on-camera chemistry changed completely. Like me and other posters have said, Josh getting in shape and Drake almost dying probably had a lot to do with that.

This ancient candid caught by a fan (YouTube user Jessaquina, posting from 2009) on the Xmas movie set piques my curiosity about that period of their career. The clip titled 'in between shots of making the movie' shows them getting in place for a shot via escalator (facing each other) in Valencia Mall and while pixelated all to hell 0:14/16 seems strongly to show Josh: 1. glance around nervously (to make sure no-one is watching?), 2. touch Drake's hand to get his attention, then 3. duck down to affectionately smooch Drake for a second.

I've watched this a few dozen times and I come back to it often to check I'm not hallucinating or projecting but even with the 140p quality? I'm 95% sure it's an irl romantic kiss on the lips, with a 5% margin for a platonic playful peck on the cheek/nose or a whisper in the ear that was just captured from an awkward angle. If it is a kiss then it wasn't risky as all that, since this shoot was closed to the public (ofc a few fans like the girl filming this snuck in the locations) and had a crew comprised of people who worked on the tv series. Josh & Drake would only have been 21 at the time, and kids that age still think love can conquer all. Either way it's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2019 11:23 PM

R59 bitch mte

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 7, 2019 10:55 AM

R157😦😮that does look like kissing..

It’s a little freaky seeing it happen for real as a candid instead of a staged sitcom joke. But cute af. Josh is an adorable bf to cheer Drake up with his lips like that - it’s hard to make out but before Josh kissed him, Drake was pouting like he was annoyed by sth and his mood quickly turned shy afterwards..

But why would Josh do that knowing there’s a girl filming it on her phone right there? Unless he didn’t see her...

by Anonymousreply 159May 8, 2019 12:53 PM

Skinny Josh looks like a criminal. And stealing kisses is still theft mister! (jk he just looks shady bc of the dark eyes which are probably due to asthma he has as a kid)

by Anonymousreply 160May 8, 2019 8:47 PM

R118

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 8, 2019 11:15 PM

I didn't know Drake and Josh have a DL following. I loved them as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 162May 9, 2019 12:15 AM

R162 against all expectation they do have some fans here. Then their tv show was extremely gay coded by family sitcom standards so it shouldn’t be surprising.

And with all this skin on show Josh’s YouTube channel is really leaning in to those pink hits this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 9, 2019 9:15 AM

I just found the craziest fanwork. Some gloriously insane individual has cut lines from 'Drake & Josh' episodes and edited them together in a parody of those porny audiofics that fanpeople do. I can't believe this is a real thing.

"How's it feel?" "Kinda like a plastic bag filled with pudding.."

Megan: "Ugh, what IS this? Some new kind of Boob-dance?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 9, 2019 10:32 PM

They really should have struck while the iron was at least lukewarm. It’s 2019 not 2009 - their former fanbase aren’t checking for them, and most of them are graduates or young parents working McJobs with no time to catch up on their careers now. Nobody ships this anymore.

It’s also a terrible time to draw attention to oneself as an erstwhile Nick player. Lately both Jennette & Miranda have been opening up to their fans and to press more about their personal BTS trouble, and Ariana is melting down more with each passing day. All it will take is one of these girls snapping and picking up a loudhailer, and these two guys are dead in the water whether they saw and did anything abusive or not. If I were Drake or Josh I’d be quietly taking what money I had left and heading for obscurity, living on some remote unlisted former farm in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 165May 10, 2019 2:33 PM

'chemistry'=cracked in the same places

by Anonymousreply 166May 10, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote] MTV/VH1 was then and still is under Viacom along with Paramount & Nickelodeon (a collective constituting an "albatross", to quote Les Moonves).

Les is going to HATE this lmao

by Anonymousreply 167May 11, 2019 8:08 AM

R79 ‘Summer of ‘69’ reminds me of Drake. In about five or six different ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 11, 2019 3:49 PM

There’s a fine dancer in the most recent Broadway ‘Aladdin’ named Josh Drake.

Can we give him a show instead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 12, 2019 3:09 PM

Clearly something happened between those two back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 170May 12, 2019 3:40 PM

This confidence they have about getting away with it again is pleasing. They won't be able to help themselves fucking it up, and that will give rise to their crowning comedic bit.

by Anonymousreply 171May 12, 2019 7:22 PM

Josh looks like a solid kisser, we have to give him that. Lucky Drake?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 13, 2019 12:05 AM

R172 the girl playing Mindy, Alison Scagliotti (who is bi-leaning-gay), had her very first kiss with Josh Peck on that show. It’s in that compilation. When it took place they weren’t dating and she was only 14 or 15 while he was 19, so that had to have been weird for both of them (but weirder for Alison, having her first on a sitcom).

Aside from a few short breakups their characters stayed together from Season 3 right until the Christmas movie at the end, and served as a counterpoint to Drake’s whoring around. Their relationship was a prototype for the later Sam & Freddie couple on iCarly, i.e aggressive outspoken dykey girl x nerdy shy feminine boy.

I find it amusing that the character Mindy, while genius-level academic and law-abiding, is similar to Drake in terms of personality and looks. Josh didn’t need to seek out a determined, spoiled, feisty & skinny redhead girl to date when he had a cute hot guy fitting the same description lying right there in bed in his room.

by Anonymousreply 173May 13, 2019 9:44 AM

[quote] they weren’t dating and she was only 14 or 15 while he was 19, so that had to have been weird for both of them (but weirder for Alison, having her first kiss on a sitcom).

Tween actors have chaste screen kisses all the time, many of them ‘firsts’. Wouldn’t it only have been weird for Alison to kiss Josh because she’s not interested in men?

However those liplocks of theirs at R172 got quite heated for a teencom. Are we quite sure they’re both totally gay?

by Anonymousreply 174May 14, 2019 1:07 PM

I want them to do an emotional drama/thriller film with some mature but not necessarily explicit themes, like politics. It would be interesting to have them move away from playing wacky bipolar comedy and segue into the subtleties of drama.

I could see them perfectly playing the story of a thwarted homoromantic best-friendship that for whatever reason (one’s a huge scumbag, the other slightly less so, something like that) becomes a tense grim ideological tug-of-war only resolved by manful tears and crying and broken glass.

I’m seeing...Drake as the Cusack to Josh’s Spader in a TRUE COLORS type of flick. Change my mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 14, 2019 9:25 PM

I’m rewatching ‘Drake & Josh’ on Hulu, and it’s hard not to notice Drake’s character has a glaring problem with any men who aren’t Josh. It comes across like misandry or homophobia dependent on the episode.

Apart from Josh and maybe Drake’s gay BFF Trevor in Season One (who is Put On A Bus in short order) Drake has no male intimates or close friends and doesn’t care to seek them out either. He has male bandmates who he personally recruits but he is shown to treat dismissively like lackeys. He likewise disrespects and ignores his stepfather (Josh’s dad, Walter) at every turn, and if he ever needs parental guidance goes to his mother or to his brother’s work manager (the sassy ‘Big Mama’ figure Helen). He mocks his male classmates and throws their attempts to befriend him back in their faces, especially the ‘nerds’ (and coded gay boys) Craig & Eric. He often declines to take jobs or go to classes with male supervisors, but consistently shows up to an English class with a teacher named Mrs. Hayfer who openly loathes him (perhaps as he takes this class with Josh). It’s oddly stressed that Drake loves spending time with any and all women whether for sex or just conversation killing time, albeit often women he doesn’t know. In one episode he prefers to hang out with his little sister and personal tormentor Megan than spend time with Josh and a group of his brother’s friends.

But then there’s his almost symbiotic relationship with Josh that causes Drake to throw every single negative perception he has of men (possibly held over from his unseen unnamed bio Dad?) out the window. It’s a strange dynamic that is never explained. It also doesn’t jibe with the Informed Attribute of Drake’s ‘popularity’; he isn’t popular at all, and from what we see of him with Josh he isn’t that ‘cool either. Girls like him but only because he pays them attention and he looks cute.

To make it even more bizarre, Josh’s character, intended as the hopeless social pariah, has little-to-no problem garnering many friends of both genders and seems to like other men & boys just fine on a platonic level. It’s unknown what happened to his mother (apparently most fans assume she died of a terminal illness) but Josh doesn’t hold that against all women or even against the several who make his life miserable (Megan, Mindy, Helen, Susan...). Josh adores Drake and is devoted to him, but he also puts a lot of his loving attention into his girlfriend and his parents and his grandma. It’s not a mutual codependency.

tl;dr Drake’s character was a self-hating homophobic closet-case, the brothers were gay for each other, ‘Drake & Josh’ is a sad dark show about an AvP boy, there I said it.

by Anonymousreply 176May 15, 2019 9:18 AM

Thank you, Dr. Ruth.

by Anonymousreply 177May 15, 2019 1:26 PM

R176 good analysis.

by Anonymousreply 178May 15, 2019 11:25 PM

"Just repeat to yourself. 'It's just a show, I should really just relax.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 16, 2019 12:11 PM

I like how hack local radio are promoting this as if their original sitcom is confirmed for a reboot return and in preproduction, and then Drake has to sit there awkwardly shutting jocks down because it was all just a promo stunt and they really have nothing. Awkward.

Also can I just say Drake’s Gucci wardrobe is ugly as fuck and it doesn’t fit him right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 16, 2019 1:10 PM

Drake and Josh should just hire R176 to write for them.

If they did it this weekend they could shop a pilot and have a first season in time for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2019 10:00 PM

REMINDER: Drake & Josh passionately kissed with tongue on their old sitcom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 20, 2019 10:43 AM

lol we’re never gonna let either of them ever forget about that are we?

by Anonymousreply 183May 20, 2019 8:12 PM

On the last episode of Josh’s podcast he had Will Sasso (of MADTv fame) in to talk, and they got to discussing how awkward it is to have friends or colleagues dtf when you’re married to someone else already. Josh said he has a friend like this (stressing ‘female’) and that if he “wasn’t married” he’d be fucking this person. I hope his wife doesn’t listen to any of that.

Josh also mentioned he had a friend trying to hit him up for a vague amount of money and he sounded smug about it too. Something tells men e or both of these anecdotes are actually about Drake.

by Anonymousreply 184May 21, 2019 8:28 AM

R18 Josh has such dominating defiant body language there, really aggressive. Fists clenched and hands on hips and arms crossed to begin with.

Clearly he did not want any part of that, or if he did he wanted it to go another direction, so idk why he agreed to it. The resentment only breeds, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2019 10:50 PM

[quote] Nobody ships this anymore.

The official Nickelodeon! Twitter account sure does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 23, 2019 8:12 PM

In the ‘Drew & Jerry’ episode of Drake and Josh, the two titular characters get chosen for a tv show about two brothers. Josh asides to Drake, “who would watch that?” implying the leads don’t know that they are in fact the ones starring in a tv show. Yet every episode they talk directly to the camera breaking the 4th wall, implying they do know they’re on a tv show addressing “the youth of America.” I understand non-diegesis in other contexts, even other kids’ shows (the parent show to D&J, ‘Lenan & Kel’, had effective opening monologues delivered from a stage to an auditorium) but what was the point of using it in this show?

by Anonymousreply 187May 24, 2019 11:37 AM

[quote] the parent show to D&J, ‘Lenan & Kel’

XD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 26, 2019 11:25 AM

Aw man the Kenan & Kel theme still SLAPS. And those OP credits were lit

[quote]🎶It's just Kenan & Kel/in your vicinity, like/Siegfried & Roy, Abbott & Costella/Magic & Kareem or, /Penn & Teller/Somebody's in trouble? Aww, here goes!/On Nick, Ni, Nick, Nick, Ni, Nick, Nick, Nick...!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 26, 2019 7:08 PM

I can’t see this Drake & Josh project ever coming to fruition when we haven’t even had the All That reboot that Kenan & Kel teased 6 months ago. Apparently K&K were going to Exec produce it, then Nick fires Sc hneider a few weeks later. Yeah....something doesn’t add up right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 27, 2019 11:45 AM

Those R198 lyrics are wrong. Coolio raps 'it's double-K, like '2, the good radius' referring to a rotary/analog DJ mixer with a cult following in the '90s. The line is not, 'two to get greatness', though that would make sense.https://djworx.com/mastersounds-radius-2-rotary/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 27, 2019 1:45 PM

Maybe a solution to both these problems is just to combine the Kenan & Kel characters WITH the Drake & Josh characters and have them do a new show together. You could really use any premise because they're all used to wacky sitcom scenarios and got their start doing the same type of sketch comedy.

Can't you just Josh getting jealous when Kenan comes up with schemes to get Drake better gigs?

by Anonymousreply 192May 27, 2019 1:50 PM

R190, the "All That" reboot is set to begin in June. Promos for it are airing now. Kel Mitchell of the original cast is featured again working at Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, may I take your order?

by Anonymousreply 193May 27, 2019 7:05 PM

All the decent Kel sketches, and they make him do ‘Good Burger’ again. Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 29, 2019 4:06 PM

The Amanda Show was a direct spin-off of All That! so I guess D&J are kin with K&K.

I haven’t seen much Drake & Josh improv except what Josh posts on his social media sometimes, and this moment from a behind the scenes DVD of their tv show. It’s all physical comedy and innuendo...do kids these days even like or understand that?🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 30, 2019 1:52 PM

That’s...a lot of groping, Did Dean & Jerry evah?

by Anonymousreply 196May 30, 2019 8:04 PM

It's obvious they fucked.

Just look at the difference between them and between Kenan & Kel r.e. chemistry. Here's KxK on the Today Show recently, reconciled as friends and happily working together again as partners after a long break....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 30, 2019 11:20 PM

...and now look at this DxJ Today Show interview (and the one in R129's link) in comparison to the one in the previous post.

Both pairs have chemistry and obvious closeness but the energy is so much more loaded when Drake & Josh talk. I feel weird and tense or like I'm intruding on something private when I watch these two whereas I feel relaxed and a feeling of 'awww' when watching Kenan & Kel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 30, 2019 11:24 PM

^*lol that interviewer literally tells Drake on camera, “I see why you guys broke up”😂 was this an open secret back in 2008 then?

by Anonymousreply 199May 31, 2019 9:12 AM

It’s sort of sad they didn’t make their show and become famous just a decade later. If they had then the kids of their fanbase would’ve rooting for them to date and get married out in the open because being gay and famous is über trendy now.

As it is they were ‘09s celebrities, when homophobia still abounded and everyone in showbiz had to beard up or go home

I think they could have been very happy together in obscurity, for what it’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 200June 1, 2019 3:27 PM

[quote] Josh getting jealous when Kenan comes up with schemes to get Drake better gigs?

Or Kel getting jealous when, one evening Kenan loudly asks Drake to fetch him a bunch of miscellaneous items and meet him at the Premiere Theater for an unspecified reason which Drake happily does without question?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 1, 2019 11:43 PM

I was directed to this thread, so I will ask here.

I have not read through all the replies, but is there any speculation that Josh and John Stamos are fucking?

by Anonymousreply 202June 6, 2019 2:06 PM

[quote] Josh also mentioned he had a friend trying to hit him up for a vague amount of money and he sounded smug about it too.

Cringe. The jokes write themselves, huh?

by Anonymousreply 203June 6, 2019 2:06 PM

Not as far as we know, R202. Isn’t Stamos totally straight? Still, stranger things...

Josh is very physically affectionate with all his male friends young & old so it’s hard to tell. Like this recent IG with Toddy Smith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 6, 2019 8:52 PM

Booster Gold & Blue Beetle have already been cast in the DCEU and somehow the dudes playing them aren't Drake & Josh. Unacceptable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 6, 2019 9:50 PM

Josh isn't just "very physically affectionate with all his male friends", he's gay from space!

by Anonymousreply 206June 6, 2019 10:41 PM

R206 can confirm.

by Anonymousreply 207June 7, 2019 8:51 AM

I would have them host a parody talkshow. Like a ‘Fernwood Tonight’ kind of thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 7, 2019 12:16 PM

R208 ‘Drake & Josh’ is in no way comparable to ‘Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman’! Blasphemy!

by Anonymousreply 209June 7, 2019 7:17 PM

Josh has goodwill to get back after co-producing Chester Tam’s TAKE THE 10. I tried to watch it during a layover with nothing else to do, and boy was that a choice.

And here’s the thing; that it was so awful is not Josh’s fault, but he has his name stamped all over it forever now. It’s a shame because Josh has been an integral part of a few very respectable movies, like SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER. Then there’s this, and the remake of RED DAWN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 8, 2019 12:38 PM

But Josh is still cute R210 so we forgive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 10, 2019 9:40 PM

Drake has recent pics with Charlie Sheen on his IG. What a letdown. I guess this is the beginning of the end for him. Run Josh run!

by Anonymousreply 212June 11, 2019 12:49 PM

One of my favorite lines from the OG show..

[quote] DRAKE (to Josh, in front of a crowd of strangers): I love you..(beat) and I use your toothbrush almost every morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 12, 2019 2:38 PM

R211 what a bizarre thing to see an obviously-Jewish man attired in such garish Catholic chintz.

by Anonymousreply 214June 12, 2019 5:08 PM

Reports say Josh had Drake with Max on his IG story a couple of days ago, but I follow Josh and I didn't see it?

MSN said this: [quote] Drake Bell reunited with his former costar on Tuesday, June 11— and Josh Peck’s little one joined in on the fun. “The boys,” the new dad, 32, captioned an Instagram Story photo of his 5-month-old son, Max, in the arms of the singer, also 32.

by Anonymousreply 215June 13, 2019 11:53 AM

R215 here. It was just one photo taken June 11 and it disappeared quick.

It’s cute. Drake seems a maternal type but that baby does not want any of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 13, 2019 12:54 PM

^^pretty. Drake’s right eye area is super red there, is that a sunburn or blushing or tear staining?

Josh doesn’t often take pics of Drake but when he does they’re always at all these soft romantic angles like Drake is his Girl with a Pearl Earring or sth. Are we quite sure they aren’t married to each other?

by Anonymousreply 217June 17, 2019 12:28 PM

R187 um

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 18, 2019 10:04 PM

Josh has a Stache now. So there’s that😕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2019 8:06 AM

^there was an episode about that😂😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 21, 2019 3:51 PM

What is it with people thinking tv & stage co-stars and people in bands have to be best friends forever?

It's like having work friends,; you can cut up with them on lunchbreak and be cordial 9-5 onset but you don't hang out with them outside of that. You can even like them as a person (or not) and still put personal feelings aside to be professional and get the job done so you can all get your money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 23, 2019 9:39 PM

Fun fact for the lesbians: DL fave Dianna Agron was an extra in an episode of the original show playing one of Drake’s whores whose special ability was fitting her whole fist in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 222June 24, 2019 2:26 PM

^**sweats nervously*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 26, 2019 9:22 AM

aint dey 2 old

by Anonymousreply 224June 26, 2019 9:33 AM

Josh is playing Drake for clicks and the latter is too stupid or too lovesick (or both) to even realise it’s happening. Hilarious, and also sad. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

by Anonymousreply 225June 26, 2019 11:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!