Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The OTHER yet-to-be-named Varsity Blues Clients

You know there are more names - Joe Montana and Phil Mickelson already admitted on Twitter they were clients.......but said they did "nothing" wrong.

Who else is rumored to be among the nearly 800 names?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2019 5:43 AM

Nobody else? Has this story faded?

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2019 4:42 PM

Your guide to the other rich assholes of the cheating scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2019 4:45 PM

I would guess there must be a Real Housewife or housewife-adjacent in there. How long was this scam going on for exactly?

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2019 4:46 PM

The Bushes or trumps did not get in on merit. When’s that discussion? Private schools need oversight. More transparency and common sense in public schools and NO tax breaks for private ones

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2019 4:48 PM

I read it goes back to 2011.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2019 4:50 PM

Mickelson may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. I'd be surprised if he ends up being embroiled in this. The guy did do some legitimate legwork before he approached parents, so it's possible Mickelson is right.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2019 6:04 AM

June Squibb

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2019 6:08 AM

R4 has the morality of a pirate. Government schools - do stop using the word “public” as a euphemism for these homophobic state-funded conformity factories - are part of the reason the West is in decline.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2019 2:23 PM

r8 Oh my, just sad, buying an education, Americans are so pathetic scum, r6 sure.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2019 3:19 PM

Olivia de Havilland bribed Plato to accept her simpleton son into his Academy.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2019 3:28 PM

I heard it has been going on for 25 years R5.

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2019 3:29 PM

How long was the FBI following this?

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2019 3:37 PM

At least a year R12, due to another case.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2019 3:46 PM

The wealthy and the well-connected have a leg up on all aspects of life. Look at the number of personalities (I wouldn't call them journalists) who are on television and who are from wealthy, well-connected, and famous families. Her's a partial list:

Jenna Bush Hager...the Today Show

Maria Shriver...NBC News and The Today Show

Katherine Schwarzenegger...Mommy appears to be pushing her on Mommy's network gig

Meghan McCain...The View

Alexandra Pelosi...documentary filmmaker

Chelsea Clinton...stint at NBC News

Tucker Carlson...son of well-known journalist

Luke Russert...stint at NBC News

Of this list, I would say Alexandra Pelosi is very talented. and Maria Shriver has written that her name may have gotten her foot in the door, but she nonetheless had to prove herself once in. Still, these people are all well-connected, and they would not have landed the plum career spots they enjoy, if they were born into lower middle class families from Kew Gardens, Queens.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2019 4:03 PM

Dionne Warwick is the next one to be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2019 4:16 PM

Since when is Kew Gardens lower middle class? I think you mean Flushing, R14.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2019 4:24 PM

Don't forget Anderson Cooper, r14.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2019 4:24 PM

O.K. I was going to keep my big mouth closed on this one.

It's gone too far.

Parents have been buying their kids into colleges since the dawn of time.

To make this a huge issue is beyond stupid.

Yup, the kids suck. The video with that girl makes me want to punch her. Really hard.

For God sakes, this is a very temporary, dumb story.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2019 4:34 PM

Wasn't Phil Mickelson involved in an insider trading scandal not that long ago?

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2019 4:47 PM

[quote]The Bushes or trumps did not get in on merit.

There are three ways of getting into college:

Front door: merit, effort, good grades, etc.

Back door: wealth and influence, buying a building, privilege.

Side door: cheating on entrance exams, bribery of individuals at the school

The Bushes used the back door (and Bar loved it too from what I understand). That involves big money and is relatively obvious. It is how wealthy colleges get wealthier. The Varsity Blues offenders offeredcthe schools nothing, and that's why they’re being prosecuted.

When I worked in a university hospital, I had a patient whose name was plastered all over campus. He’s given tens, maybe hundreds, of millions to the university for things like research labs and equipment. He got a one-on-one nurse, all the special amenities, and they even gifted him a hospital bed when he left. Was that unethical? He could’ve used that money to collect art, gamble, create his own Whore City in Eastern Europe, etc. Instead, he gave it to us for medical research. I had no problem with it.

Who knows about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2019 4:50 PM

R14, didn't Luke Russert ask Pelosi about being too old?

I'd have loved if she'd fired back: Gee, Luke, I don't think I'm too old -- but let me ask you: how do you feel about nepotism?

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2019 5:14 PM

The back door doesn't always guarantee admittance R20.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2019 5:21 PM

Gabrielle Carteris was involved in the same scheme with her child, R10

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2019 5:39 PM

Mama June

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2019 9:08 PM

Any Trump

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2019 7:52 PM

A lot of celebs have kids who refuse to even try college. They know modeling is probably the quick way to wealth.

by Anonymousreply 26March 19, 2019 7:58 PM

Kyle Richards

by Anonymousreply 27March 19, 2019 8:50 PM

R23, And here I thought Gabrielle Carteris was old enough to be doing Ethel in "On Golden Pond" in regional theatre.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2019 4:57 AM

r20 when the middle class patient dies because it's spread too thin on their end (nursing staff, qualified doctors, etc.) I might give a shit. That's especially true if it's going to "research" aka amorphous ego & career boosting projects that may or may not yield any breakthroughs and/or patient benefits.

YMMV, of course.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2019 5:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!