Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Karamo Brown sparks outrage by asking if Bachelor star Colton Underwood is gay

Karamo Brown has sparked outrage on Twitter by questioning whether The Bachelor star Colton Underwood might be gay.

The Queer Eye star tweeted on Thursday (March 14): “I just watched the last couple of episodes of the bachelor… are we sure he isn’t gay?

A tweet from Karamo Brown about The Bachelor season 23 star Colton Underwood.Karamo Brown tweeted about The Bachelor star on Thursday. (Karamo/twitter) “Lol. My gaydar is going crazy 💁🏾‍♂️🌈🌈🌈❤️” he added about Underwood, whose season of the show ended on Tuesday (March 12).

Karamo Brown dragged for suggesting The Bachelor star Colton Underwood might be gay People have been upset by the post, with tweeters commenting: “Worst Karamo take ever” and “This is gross. Do better.”

Some have criticised Brown for seemingly endorsing the idea that people have a gaydar.

One person wrote: “Are we sure we want to perpetuate the gaydar myth in the year 2019? Nobody except LGBT themselves gets to say they are gay. The gaydar means nothing.

“I really thought someone from @QueerEye would know this very basic principle. Guess I thought wrong.”

Another tweet told Brown: “Hey @Karamo, I have a lot of respect for you man, but this tweet really isn’t it.

“How about we don’t risk potentially outing someone by causing online conversation on a topic that is 100 percent not anyone’s business.” — @aquamarine2013

“The ‘Gaydar‘ myth reinforces harmful stereotypes about how gay and straight men are allowed to act in our society, and seeing you perpetuate and spread it is disappointing.

“Queer Eye celebrates that there are many different ways for straight and gay men to conduct themselves.”

They also condemned Brown for opening a debate on Underwood’s sexual orientation on Twitter, pointing out that “publicly speculating on someone else’s sexuality can be damaging to them.

“It opens them up to scepticism and harassment, and if they are LGBTQ+ it can force them out of the closet when they are not ready or even potentially when it would be unsafe for them to come out.”

Other people voiced this view too, writing that Brown shouldn’t be questioning someone else’s sexuality in such a public forum.

“How about we don’t risk potentially outing someone by causing online conversation on a topic that is 100 percent not anyone’s business,” tweeted one person.

“May want to rethink this tweet. This is how you throw gas on someone else’s fire and now he’s got to defend himself when he shouldn’t have to.” — @tcumike

Another user said: “Not cool to speculate on someone else’s sexuality Karamo. Remember how that felt when you weren’t ready yet? It’s not your story to tell.”

More from PinkNews

The Straight Stars Who Went Gay For Pay Stars You Didn't Know Were Gay Or Bisexual A different commenter wrote: “May want to rethink this tweet. This is how you throw gas on someone else’s fire and now he’s got to defend himself when he shouldn’t have to.

“Private talk maybe but using public format to discuss his orientation is unbecoming of what all you teach people on Queer Eye.”

Tweeters tell Karamo Brown he is “perpetuating stereotypes” with tweet about The Bachelor Some accused Brown of identifying Underwood as potentially gay because The Bachelor star was aware of his own emotions.

One of these people tweeted: “Colton sometimes acts in a way that might be deemed traditionally feminine as he is in touch with his feelings.

“By saying that he is gay because of this is wrong in a multitude of ways because it is perpetuating stereotypes of masculinity and being gay.”

“We need to change how we treat our men and their feelings. This is part of why men are afraid to tune into themselves ❤️.” — @Jennizmlove

Another asked: “But why? Because he is a man who is in tune with his feelings? Waiting for the right person? Is emotional? And not afraid to show it?

“We need to change how we treat our men and their feelings. This is part of why men are afraid to tune into themselves ❤️.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 15, 2021 10:42 AM

Karamo should know better. He was in the closet for a while himself.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2019 6:25 PM

How DARE you ask if someone is gay! You ask if they are QUEER or FLUID. Don’t you DARE say the G-word!

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2019 6:26 PM

If there’s nothing wrong with being gay there should be nothing wrong with wondering aloud if someone is gay.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2019 6:28 PM

Yawn. Really, trying to start drama over a harmless comment meant to be amusing?

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2019 6:29 PM

I know R3. It’s insane. No “queer” is taking over.

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2019 6:30 PM

*wonder

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2019 6:30 PM

R1 - When was Karamo in the closet because I remember him being out on The Real World. In fact on the RW Reunion show, it was revealed he played around with the Hispanic guy (Willie).

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2019 6:31 PM

If there’s nothing wrong with being gay then no one should care enough to wonder...

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Karamo came out on Real World. No one who knew him in real life knew he was gay until RW aired.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2019 6:33 PM

No gay man should “know better” when asking if another man is gay. But I couldn’t see R 1. I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2019 6:34 PM

[Quote]If there’s nothing wrong with being gay there should be nothing wrong with wondering aloud if someone is gay

+1

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2019 6:36 PM

This caribou fella is thirsty

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2019 6:40 PM

The people criticizing him are disgusting. He speculated that the guy was gay; he didn't accuse him of diddling kids. I bet these assholes think they're gay-friendly and progressive.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2019 7:41 PM

I wonder if caribou would have seen it that way when he was a closeted mess

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2019 7:54 PM

They probably do R13. They’re probably for Sanders or Beto!

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2019 8:12 PM

I am so fucking sick of everyone constantly being triggered and outraged by everything.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2019 8:14 PM

I agree, R16—let’s just drop the “G”.

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2019 8:18 PM

Twitter is a cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2019 8:20 PM

Don’t come out! Let me in!

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2019 8:21 PM

Is R16 a parody or just a stunning lack of self-awareness?

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2019 8:45 PM

The Hyper-Left is a 5th column group. Not being able to talk about sexuality forces it back underground and us back into the closet again. Wonder if they would defend Miss Lindsey from being outed with the same logic, despite her history of being against gay rights?

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2019 8:58 PM

So Colton's sexuality is no one's business?

He's on a FUCKING TV REALITY SHOW TRYING TO FIND A WIFE FROM A GROUP OF STRANGERS!

If he's secretly gay that's EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS WHO'S WATCHING!

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2019 1:04 AM

It’s no ones business if he hasn’t come out.

It’s no one else’s job to out him.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2019 1:05 AM

Try it somewhere else r23. No one is buying what you're selling.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2019 1:08 AM

Outing someone is wrong. Period.

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2019 1:30 AM

You can squirt your period all over it if you want. Still, nobody is listening to you!

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2019 3:11 AM

OUTING SOMEONE IS WRONG

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2019 3:44 AM

He is in a "romantic" reality show for fuck sake, of course is relevant if he's attracted to women. "Respect the privacy of a reality show star", yeah right....

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2019 4:32 AM

Exactly. The Bachelor is essentially an endless infomercial for heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2019 5:33 AM

R13 Exactly this. These people act like they are so progressive and yet tiptoe around like being gay is still a big stigma. I see no problem with what he said.

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2019 7:31 AM

why does Karamo care? he’s got a... man?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2019 8:54 AM

And karamo has the guts to be out and proud. If this bachelor guy is closeted for fame he is an asshole and part if the problem. He would deserve to be outed. Don't say it's ok to be gay and then facilitate someone staying in the closet like it's a stigma.

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2019 9:02 AM

Karamo wasn’t always out and proud though. He found the courage and outlet to come out. Let this man do the same. You don’t choose when someone else feels comfortable and safe enough to come out.

by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2019 12:33 PM

Has anyone heard his GAY voice??? She’s a big ol bottom. Virgin my ass!!!

by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2019 12:37 PM

[quote]Outing someone is wrong. Period.

Speculating about someone’s sexuality isn’t outing them.

by Anonymousreply 35March 16, 2019 12:41 PM

Why does anyone care what a narcissistic stereotype himself thinks about anything ?

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2019 12:46 PM

Karamo is an idiot, but not for this.

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2019 12:47 PM

[quote]OUTING SOMEONE IS WRONG

You can’t be outed for being gay if you’re not gay.

So clearly this stupid frau who keeps posting this bullshit thinks he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2019 1:09 PM

LOL. I have never seen so many red-tagged posts in a single thread. Obviously, this Karamoo person is some social outcast retard who needs a little attention and thinks the best way to get it is by running a conversation with itself on DL about some reality-tv barelebrity. Pathetic. And if OP is not the same person as this Karamoo thing, then it is doubly sad. But whatever melts your butter, troll.

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2019 1:16 PM

Damn, this thread smells of frau.

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2019 1:17 PM

For what’s its worth, I was wondering the same thing. It’s very rare for a straight man to be so adverse to female sex. It just doesn’t happen too often.

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2019 1:20 PM

He is wondering if a male contestant on a heterosexual dating show looking for women to marry he is gay, how is that the same as being outed? And how is that irrelevant? Everybody gets outraged nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2019 1:28 PM

Colton is likely gay

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2019 1:31 PM

Why is this news? On The Bachelor show itself, they had Billy Eicher on and he asked Colton directly if he was gay. No one saw that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2019 1:49 PM

No one goes on Twitter with good or pure intentions. He tweeted it for attention under the guise of being interested then he got the predictable response. So boring and basic.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2019 2:39 PM

Kamaro was on Noah the other night talking about beating up his boyfriend. He seems damaged. But he's right on this Bachelor thing.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote]Why do gay men always project their lack of sexual control onto others. It is quiet sickening. Just because he is religious does not mean he is secretly gay. Reading the comments is quiet sad because it shows how damaged people are due to their sexuality.

It’s “quiet” sad that you believe this evil nonsense that he is spouting.

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2019 2:45 PM

So being gay is no one’s business but dating a woma on camera in front of millions of people is because....

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2019 3:48 PM

Dating a WOMAN!

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2019 3:48 PM

Karamo’s boyfriend is really mediocre looking.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2019 3:51 PM

COOKIES all around!

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2019 3:54 PM

Colton U may find that playing Pokémon is more fulfilling than being around busted old hoes.

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2019 3:56 PM

Better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2019 4:56 PM

JLo makes everyone look better:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2019 4:57 PM

I would like to climb on Colton like a jungle gym, please and thank you. Kamaro may keep his little manita.

by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2019 5:05 PM

Hello captain obvious. Colton pings to high heaven.

Absolutely not outing to make a speculative statement of someone on a dating reality show.

When dozens of tops come forward claiming to have plowed our sweet virgin, that will be outing.

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2019 5:16 PM

Isn't there a whole Bachelor thread on DL with everyone talking about Colton's gayness? Why does it matter now?

by Anonymousreply 57March 16, 2019 5:23 PM

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 58March 16, 2019 6:37 PM

I just think it’s obnoxious to do this as a former closet case who appeared on another reality show while too chicken shit to be out & proud

by Anonymousreply 59March 16, 2019 7:45 PM

@ R53, that is such a tacky outfit. This guy tells people about good taste?

by Anonymousreply 60March 16, 2019 11:06 PM

R60 he’s not over dress. He’s over culture.

by Anonymousreply 61March 16, 2019 11:08 PM

What makes him an arbiter of what's cultured? From the interview I heard, he had a bad childhood then took it out by beating his boyfriend and being a horrible person. Where did summers copying paintings at the Louvre fit in there?

by Anonymousreply 62March 16, 2019 11:10 PM

Princess Karaboo

by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2019 11:13 PM

I haven't seen the show. Saw a few clips and pics and I thought he was gay. Be honest it happens. Sometimes we get the wheels rolling about someone if they are gay or not. Whether its the way someone talks, their mannerisms, their looks. Straight people wonder about others as well. It just happens we are human.

by Anonymousreply 64March 18, 2019 12:59 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2019 3:32 AM

Good. Call out that fruity bible nonsense spouting fuckster. Dumb hillbilly homo hiding behind some so called religious vow of virginity.

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2019 4:52 AM

He was right.

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2021 12:39 PM

The gays knew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2021 12:54 PM

Vindicated!

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2021 1:28 PM

Karamo 1, random Twitter morons 0.

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2021 1:34 PM

All that talk about the "gaydar myth" in those old tweets made me roll my eyes. Like we can't recognize one of our own?

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2021 1:44 PM

I don't think it was gaydar.

I think he had inside information...deep, deep inside, perhaps 6-8 inches deep.

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2021 1:49 PM

Everyone owes Karamo an apology.

This girl was gayyyyy and any blind person could see it.

I've never watched The Bachelor because I don't hate myself. Never even heard him speak, but wow he has gay face.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote]“How about we don’t risk potentially outing someone by causing online conversation on a topic that is 100 percent not anyone’s business.”

HELLO? The guy made it everyone's business by participating in a television show about his love life watched by millions worldwide. A completely ridiculous statement.

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2021 1:55 PM

I love how there’s apparently an honor code for reality actors. And the kid is hot. I don’t want to ruin it by listening to him.

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2021 1:55 PM

Exactly, r74. On a show about his attraction to dozens of beautiful women, no less!

Colton profited, literally, from his pretense, both as a "Bachelor" and as an author ("The First Time," wherein he states that "The Bachelor" show "taught me that I'm straight." This was just last year!) (P. S. "taught" was a big clue leading to the opposite conclusion.)

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2021 2:17 PM

Normally, I am opposed to outing people unless they are actively working against the interests of gay people or through their actions (like preaching) denigrating gay people.

It's a tough call.

I can't decide if or how his (absurd) protestations of being straight or making money from pretending to be straight actually causes gay people harm beyond a more general sense that hiding it is shameful or something.

Ultimately, I'd say outing him is fine because he's the one who put his sexuality and dating life on the table and up for discussion by participating in a straight reality dating show. If he were merely living his life and claiming he was straight (as when he was playing football), I don't think I'd support outing him. We still live in a world where being gay would have ended his football career, so I'm not as fussed at his claiming to be straight since football has nothing to do with his sexual orientation and no one is "obligated" to be a role model or hero, no matter how much people demand he be one.

by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2021 3:15 PM

Exactly, R74. I could kind of see the point about not outing someone IF they had been on ANY other kind of show. When you're on a reality show that is 100% based on your romantic and sexual life? Sorry, your sexuality is now on topic.

by Anonymousreply 78April 14, 2021 3:16 PM

Did he claim to be a virgin on the show? Just curious. Because THAT is going out the window. Probably tonight!

by Anonymousreply 79April 14, 2021 3:46 PM

Yes, he did so claim. That was his ticket to fame.

by Anonymousreply 80April 14, 2021 4:34 PM

It was wrong for Karamo to *publicly* question Colton's sexuality. For his punishment, he has to let Colton plow his ass. Raw, with spit & pre-cum for lube. While Jonathan listens in via speakerphone & periodically interjects, "Yaaas, queen!"

by Anonymousreply 81April 14, 2021 5:20 PM

Millions of people have lived a life without having sex for various reasons quietly living their lives. But when a grown ass man publicly states he's a virgin waiting for marriage the red flag goes up, way up. I'm sure most of those women saw right through him but I wonder if any feel betrayed.

by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2021 10:39 AM

She wanted me to touch her who-ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 15, 2021 10:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!