Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rosie O'Donnell says her father molested her

She's said before she was the victim of childhood sexual abuse, but she wouldn't say who was the perpetrator.

O'Donnell shares the revelation in the forthcoming book "Ladies Who Punch: The Explosive Inside Story of 'The View'" by Ramin Setoodeh, which is set to be published on April 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2019 3:38 PM

At this point, why doesn't she just keep her mouth shut? What a dope. I used to like her.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2019 4:30 AM

She inadvertently fell asleep while reading Roseanne's memoirs and this is the result.

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2019 4:37 AM

That's odd. I swear she said in one of her previous books (or an interview) that it she was molested but it wasn't by an immediate family member.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2019 4:39 AM

r3 Maybe she went through repressed false memory therapy

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2019 4:38 AM

Rosie is FURIOUS that this is out, saying she just talked to the author for half an hour.

Why would you tell a total stranger in a half-hour interview that your father diddled you?

D

R

A

M

A

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2019 4:40 AM

I used to work for her. I could tell you stories for DAYS...

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2019 4:41 AM

[quote]Why would you tell a total stranger in a half-hour interview that your father diddled you?

Reminiscing about the good old days can be very therapeutic.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2019 4:42 AM

R6, then start typing.

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2019 4:42 AM

we got time r6......go ahead

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2019 4:42 AM

I could have sworn she's said this before. Not in so many words, but strongly implied it. That she and some siblings had been molested. That her dad was a problem. (It made me think that if he hadn't done it himself, then maybe he knew about it and looked the other way.)

Maybe she talked about it in the hour-long Howard Stern interview she did within the past year or so.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2019 4:45 AM

[quote]I used to work for her. I could tell you stories for DAYS...

I have WEEKS.

Spill.

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2019 4:46 AM

Is he the one she wrote that shitty yellow poem about?

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2019 4:51 AM

She said that decades ago. When her old show was on and the episode where her father died centered around a premiss like that.......It was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2019 4:51 AM

Well, it's not something anyone couldn't have guessed. The narcissism, the obsession with childhood, the constant need for attention...

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2019 4:52 AM

Personally I do not believe a word she says. That carousel of crazy she calls her brain...should not be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2019 4:58 AM

no r13

the father only died in 2015

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2019 5:00 AM

r13 is thinking of Roseanne Barr

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2019 4:59 AM

I think that is true. that explains her craziness and irrational hatred for men

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2019 5:15 AM

I agree with others that she has implied that she was molested by her dad so this isn't new to me.

R18 What do you mean by "irrational hatred for men"? Who has she done wrong that has a penis?

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2019 5:35 AM

Was her father blind?

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2019 5:45 AM

Rosie has got her problems but she's been right about a lot of things in the past and has been shouted down. She was a hundred percent correct on the grotesque criminality of our invasion of Iraq. O Donnell was also right about Trump. In both cases, the media pilloried her. During the Trump feud , they laughed along at Trumps jibes towards her that went on way too long. These same media outlets now decry the invasion of Iraq and wail about Trump. But I remember when they were singing a very different tune. I don't agree with everything she says but I respect her for standing up for her beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2019 5:47 AM

R20, no, but if he molested a child, then he's an asshole. I wonder what Rosie's siblings have to say.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2019 5:48 AM

Yawn. I wish she would go away

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2019 5:52 AM

In other news, I'm first on my local library's waitlist for "The View" tell-all.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2019 6:04 AM

Explains why she’s spent her life at the all you can eat fish and muffin bar instead of the chicken and hotdog bar. No one fucking cares, she’s a cunt regardless.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2019 6:07 AM

I remember her being interviewed on Larry King Live and saying she didn’t speak to her father and he knew why. This was before she was out or had kids. I assumed then that he’d molested her. She didn’t say it, but she said it.

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2019 6:30 AM

Not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2019 7:04 AM

[quote]What do you mean by "irrational hatred for men"?

He means he's one of the homophobes around here who keep saying lesbians are all man-hating lying radfem dykes who should just shut up forever.

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2019 7:48 AM

[quote] Rosie is FURIOUS that this is out, saying she just talked to the author for half an hour. Why would you tell a total stranger in a half-hour interview that your father diddled you?

She didn't, that's why she's upset.

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2019 7:56 AM

R29 is a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2019 7:57 AM

LOL R28 is a cray-cray. A professional victim.

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2019 8:00 AM

I CANT STAND BITTER, VICIOUS ROSIE O' DUMBELL, but I am sorry those things happened to her in childhood. No one deserves that horrible abuse.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2019 8:01 AM

R25, Rosie was born a dyke. Wake up and smell the butch.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2019 8:03 AM

I meant that she didn't tell him on the record and it wasn't about The View, which is why he said he was interviewing her -- she even says in the quote he used that she doesn't like to talk about it. But he used it as his "exclusive" to Variety to publicize his book, and he hasn't responded at all to people bringing up his use of it without specific permission, so it seems like an attention grab.

Odd that so many of the same comments here "is her father blind? why does she hate all men?" are also on Twitter threads about this. Trolls have no imagination.

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2019 8:05 AM

R32 , Don't blindly trust her. Mentally ill people like her would throw even their parents under the bus if that means some public sympathy for them.

She is demonizing her father when he is not even alive to defend these accusations. Rosie has done a lot of crazy things but this is just downright evil

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2019 8:06 AM

R35, this is R32. I took moment and thought about what your post. Yes, you are right and I totally agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2019 8:15 AM

[quote]She is demonizing her father when he is not even alive to defend these accusations. Rosie has done a lot of crazy things but this is just downright evil

The guy writing the book is the one publicizing it, smart guy. She's complaining that it was even mentioned because apparently it wasn't supposed to be. And other than saying she was angry at the guy for using it to gin up publicity for herself, she's said nothing about it.

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2019 8:17 AM

Anyone else remember when this fat hog had a talk show and pretended to be a light-hearted hetero female,,,,,LOL

by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2019 8:28 AM

That explains everything

by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2019 8:27 AM

I share her anguish.

by Anonymousreply 40March 15, 2019 8:30 AM

Is she still friends with Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2019 8:36 AM

If she is, tell her to call me.

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2019 8:38 AM

Odd that we don't get the "all gays were molested" trolls, but any thread about a lesbian is wall-to-wall "all lesbians were molested by their dads, that explains why they're lesbian."

Weird trolls we have around here.

by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2019 8:45 AM

not surprising. I wonder if she has BPD she's so unstable.

by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2019 9:09 AM

Drunken Irish dad syndrome. Beat their wives, fuck their daughters, take their sons to whorehouses. Rosie had a tough childhood.

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2019 9:15 AM

Gross all around.

by Anonymousreply 46March 15, 2019 9:20 AM

R45, I can totally expect this from Irish men like Lawrence O'Donnell

by Anonymousreply 47March 15, 2019 12:43 PM

I AM NOT HER FATHER!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 15, 2019 1:09 PM

This is why her siblings don’t speak to her. From an inside source...

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2019 1:11 PM

I think many of the trolls on this thread are straight males who wear maga hats. Rosie's gay because she was born that way, not because she was molested. I believe that she also has a gay brother.

by Anonymousreply 50March 15, 2019 1:28 PM

R20 only approves of going after good-looking kids. R20, please go back to the Michael Jackson thread.

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2019 1:29 PM

R20, No he was probably just into fatties

by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2019 1:45 PM

Ladies Who Punch is a fantastic title.

by Anonymousreply 53March 15, 2019 1:50 PM

Who wasn’t molested?

by Anonymousreply 54March 15, 2019 1:52 PM

I cannot believe a sighted man, much less her father, would sexually abuse a really rotund Rosie. It beggars all belief.

by Anonymousreply 55March 15, 2019 2:01 PM

So is he the cause of her lesbianism?

by Anonymousreply 56March 15, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]Rosie's gay because she was born that way, not because she was molested.

Are you saying that it's impossible for a woman to become a lesbian as a result of being molested?

by Anonymousreply 57March 15, 2019 2:43 PM

This is really sad and I feel for her. If this happens you likely have problems for life. Rosie has actually done a lot of good in her life. I think she deserves respect tbh.

by Anonymousreply 58March 15, 2019 2:43 PM

R49, do her siblings not speak to her because they don't believe her accusations?

by Anonymousreply 59March 15, 2019 3:28 PM

R57, yes. Most women who were molested as children are straight. Because most women are straight in general. Being molested won't change someone from straight to gay or vice versa. It might make someone less likely to want sex as an adult because it will bring up bad memories. Or in a small number of cases, the abuse drives women in the opposite direction and they're very promiscuous. (Perhaps they're trying to "overwrite" the bad memories.) But it's not going to change the sexuality they were born with.

Please tell me you're not the moron in the Michael Jackson threads who keeps insisting that James Safechuck is really gay but his alleged molestation by Michael Jackson turned him straight because he doesn't want to be reminded of the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2019 3:31 PM

R59, I think she stopped communicating with at least one sibling before she even started hinting at the abuse.

She has a horrible temper, and when she's mad, she says some really bitchy things that are hard to forgive later on. And then she blames the other person for holding a grudge against her.

Overall, I think she's a good person with a good heart, but I wouldn't want to work or live with her.

by Anonymousreply 61March 15, 2019 3:36 PM

R59, the family is split. It's Rosie and two of her siblings v. the other two. I believe the two she doesn't speak to are the Assemblyman and her other sister.

[quote]Ramin Setoodeh

Ramin! He's the gay asshole who wrote that nasty Newsweek article several years ago about how gay men cannot play straight roles.

by Anonymousreply 62March 15, 2019 3:41 PM

Setoodeh is a homophobic asshole who has a history of whining about gay actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 15, 2019 3:58 PM

More from Setoodeh.

I'll bet any of you ten whole dollars that he blames Rosie's lesbianism on being molested, just like the trolls on this thread have been doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2019 3:59 PM

There’s always a book to sell

by Anonymousreply 65March 15, 2019 4:10 PM

Let me get this straight: a total stranger asked to interview her for a book he was writing, and she agreed to a half-hour interview, and in that half-hour she told him--a total stranger to her--that she was molested, and she's mad at HIM for reporting it? That's ridiculous. I have no sympathy for her. If she didn't want it publicized, she should not have told an interviewer, period.

This is classic Rosie. She always wants it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 66March 15, 2019 4:28 PM

She’s as batshit as Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 67March 15, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote] She has a horrible temper, and when she's mad, she says some really bitchy things that are hard to forgive later on. And then she blames the other person for holding a grudge against her.

Well, that's a classic pattern for childhood victims of abuse. She behaves unforgivably, and then wants to pretend it never happened, and becomes furious when the people she abused remember it happened. This is what happened to her, so she expects other people deserve the same from her.

She's much too old to still be doing this. She should have fixed this in her 20s.

by Anonymousreply 68March 15, 2019 4:37 PM

R6 Are you writing the novel that I want to read? Where is all the goss, spill!

by Anonymousreply 69March 15, 2019 4:48 PM

Blech.

by Anonymousreply 70March 15, 2019 4:50 PM

It hangs keep going like this then very soon she will convert to Islam just like that Irish lesbian. I forgot her name.

by Anonymousreply 71March 15, 2019 5:04 PM

I would never embarrass Marlo like that. Shitty.

by Anonymousreply 72March 15, 2019 5:06 PM

He probably brought up one of the many times she alluded to it, R66. She answered in the affirmative and said she didn't like to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 73March 15, 2019 5:38 PM

She has implied that bad things happened. She also said her father drank and was an absentee parent after the mother died, so neighbors and family friends stepped up. That's what I remember from all the stories over the years.

by Anonymousreply 74March 15, 2019 5:45 PM

Thoughts and prayers for Dad!

by Anonymousreply 75March 15, 2019 5:45 PM

Let’s be perfectly clear on this people! Rosie is a lesbian BECAUSE she was molested. This is how lesbians are made. They are molested by either a woman or a man and then they become Lesbainized.

What lesbianization does is it causes a severe desire in the new lezzie to want to both eat pussy and scissor.

by Anonymousreply 76March 15, 2019 7:04 PM

She’s a nasty, angry hog. Nobody cares. Have another dozen donuts bitch. 🍩🍩🍩🍩

by Anonymousreply 77March 15, 2019 7:05 PM

Can you please marry me, R76?

by Anonymousreply 78March 15, 2019 7:05 PM

Could be making it up. Roseanne Barr falsely accused her dad of molestation, admitting decades later that it was a lie and never really apologizing. The two fat hag Roseannes are more alike than people know, and they're still friends with Rosie expressing interest in helping Roseanne with a comeback on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 79March 15, 2019 7:08 PM

[quote]I cannot believe a sighted man, much less her father, would sexually abuse a really rotund Rosie. It beggars all belief.

Read this and get a clue, you creep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 15, 2019 7:12 PM

Are you fat, R90?

by Anonymousreply 81March 15, 2019 7:14 PM

I mean R80, Are you fat?

by Anonymousreply 82March 15, 2019 7:16 PM

Should I be worried about this book?

by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2019 7:30 PM

Are you a MAGAt, r82?

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2019 7:57 PM

Your reply confirms my suspicion about you. Yes, you are fat

by Anonymousreply 85March 15, 2019 8:01 PM

You're as big a creep as the Italian judges who thought a woman couldn't have been raped because she was too masculine. WTF is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 86March 15, 2019 8:18 PM

r86 does have a point, sometimes elderly women are raped, proving it's more about dominance and violence than sex.

by Anonymousreply 87March 15, 2019 8:20 PM

I just don't believe her.

by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2019 8:22 PM

R76 is right on the money: Lesbians were not born that way; they were molested into that sad state of POTATO that we see before us...

by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2019 8:25 PM

Ohh Please R86, That Italian judge was a female

by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2019 8:28 PM

The problem with Rosie is that she's angry, Irish and a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2019 8:43 PM

Here's to the ladies who punch!

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2019 9:01 PM

R89, do you really believe that lesbians are not born gay, but that they became gay because of molestation? Then, do you also believe that every gay male was molested by a female at a young age?

Both situations are hard to believe. Either you're a troll, a religious freak, or a complete fucking moron.

Jesus christ, something about Rosie brings out the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 93March 15, 2019 9:13 PM

You really don’t believe there are such things as heterosexual molestation victims?

by Anonymousreply 94March 15, 2019 9:15 PM

R90, the judge's gender is beside the point. Rapists can't afford to be picky; their crimes are often crimes of opportunity: someone who is weak, defenseless, isolated (even temporarily), or won't be believed later.

by Anonymousreply 95March 15, 2019 9:19 PM

Both men (straight and gay) and women (straight and gay) have reported being molested as children. It did not change their sexual orientation, though it might have impacted their attitudes towards sex.

by Anonymousreply 96March 15, 2019 9:20 PM

Rosie O’Donnell is more credible than Roseanne Barr. R.O. loves drama, though. I’d like to see R.O. replace Whoopi on “The View.”

Siblings can grow up in the same household and experience vastly different childhoods.

IMO, R.O. is gay, a lesbian, born that way.

by Anonymousreply 97March 15, 2019 9:28 PM

Some people believe gay men were molested by men as children. Ridiculous. When Billy Porter spoke out about his abuse, two idiots in my office said that’s why he is gay. So these dolts think girls molested by men hate it and avoid men for life and boys molested by men love it and can’t stay away from men. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 98March 15, 2019 10:03 PM

I expected this thread to be funnier, folks. We need to work harder.

by Anonymousreply 99March 16, 2019 8:20 AM

Where's the xanax, bitch!?

by Anonymousreply 100March 16, 2019 3:36 PM

Rosie's right to be pissed at this author if she told him something off the record and he then reported it anyway. Over the years I've interviewed many politicians and celebs and sometimes they feel moved to share something personal/meaningful to them out of the blue. It can be quite surprising But when the subject makes clear this info is off the record one has to respect their wishes. Its Journalism 101.

by Anonymousreply 101March 16, 2019 4:07 PM

I haven't read this whole thread, but did anyone mention that MacKenzie Phillips had this story first?

by Anonymousreply 102March 16, 2019 4:13 PM

[quote]She's much too old to still be doing this. She should have fixed this in her 20s.

Sometimes things can't be fixed.

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote]Over the years I've interviewed many politicians and celebs and sometimes they feel moved to share something personal/meaningful to them out of the blue. It can be quite surprising But when the subject makes clear this info is off the record one has to respect their wishes. Its Journalism 101.

Then why would the interviewee share it if they didn't want it to be out there? It's an interview not a therapy session. If someone needs to work through their issues, then pay for a psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2019 4:16 PM

Why would she tell a stranger this during a brief 30 minute interview when she’s been so coy over the years and never said it outright in public.

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2019 5:05 PM

She seems mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2019 5:08 PM

How funny that a website with mostly pedophiles as posters have criticisms about child molestation.

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2019 5:15 PM

It wasn't unusual in some older Catholic households for the daughter to take the place of the mother in the father's eyes if the mother dies.

Wonder if this happened to Madonna as well. Is that the reason for the close bond between her and Rosie?

by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2019 5:24 PM

Unfortunately there was a similar dynamic in my Irish Catholic grandfather’s home so I’m not going to snark on Rosie, it’s just really strange that she would chose this guy to share it with. Obviously she must have but if she’s always been this forthcoming off the record someone would have spilled her secret.

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2019 5:37 PM

For the record, the reporter had interviewed her before for a Variety cover story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2019 5:40 PM

Whoopi hated Rosie's guts on The View and did/does nothing to hide it. I don't like either of them much personally, but Whoopi would have to leave before Rosie could ever go back, whatever the case.

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2019 5:49 PM

Despite all her D R A M A , you know Rosie already has preordered the book and can't wait to read it.

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2019 5:51 PM

If molestation made you gay, then Roseanne would be a lesbian, too.

by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2019 6:49 PM

Except Roseanne wasn't molested, she lied. I'm surprised she ever admitted it, but she did. Of course molestation doesn't make people gay anyway, there's countless hetero victims of moldestation.

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2019 6:52 PM

Years ago someone on DL pretended they were Rosie responding to all of her critics, and bragged about all her "mill-YUNS and mill-YUNS!", and acted as if that was the answer to any and all criticisms of her.

That's basically at this point how I think of her. She is so fucked up and has no intentions of getting better even though it's been years since she worked full-time. She just wants to keep returning to the same cycle of marrying and divorcing inappropriate partners, bossing her kids around, and acting abusively to her staff and writers and producers and associates and then getting angry when they bear a grudge against her for her mistreatment of them. I have very little respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2019 6:53 PM

F&F for r107.

by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Rosie reads and posts here so who knows?

I'm a guy so I don't know much about her personal life, however, her politics are spot on and pretty courageous. I'll always support her.

by Anonymousreply 117March 17, 2019 3:31 PM

Well I stayed at a friends place in the Pines one summer and Rosie came out that weekend with some blond and we caught them scissoring in the bathroom.

I was so disgusted but Rosie just went on and on about how she just loves kids.

by Anonymousreply 118March 19, 2019 10:58 PM

R6, spill the beans and start typing.

by Anonymousreply 119March 19, 2019 11:01 PM

R118 is this a joke? On the bathroom floor?

She is extremely intelligent but very eccentric.

by Anonymousreply 120March 19, 2019 11:08 PM

There must be another season is SMILF coming out and she's trying to drum up business. She's gotta earn her keep, they clearly designed her character to be killed off quickly if she becomes a problem.

by Anonymousreply 121March 19, 2019 11:15 PM

Someone roasted this pig?

by Anonymousreply 122March 19, 2019 11:38 PM

[quote] Well I stayed at a friends place in the Pines one summer and Rosie came out that weekend with some blond and we caught them scissoring in the bathroom.

That blonde was none other than scandal queen and MTF impersonator Felicity Huffman!

Is there nothing to which she will not stoop.

by Anonymousreply 123March 19, 2019 11:43 PM

I know her brother, and he doesn't believe her. Sad, they just made up after being estranged for years.

He says she's cuckooo crazy.

by Anonymousreply 124March 27, 2019 3:15 PM

Well, if it's true it obviously didn't kill her.

by Anonymousreply 125March 27, 2019 3:37 PM

She must have eaten her feelings.

by Anonymousreply 126March 27, 2019 3:38 PM

This is Rosie's truth..

by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2019 3:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!