Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TBS Sitcoms of the 80s and 90s

Anyone remember these gems?

"Down to Earth" was so bad, the intro lasted about 13 minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2019 3:31 AM

Yeah, I remember this, Rocky Road, and the New Leave It To Beaver. I don't know if I ever got through a full episode of DTE or RR, but I sure remember the terrible theme songs. I remember liking the Beaver reboot, but I was just a kid who watched any shitty show back then.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2019 3:01 AM

I used to watch that one, OP. But I thought Dick Sargent from Bewitched played the dad? I had a huge crush on the oldest son. When I first moved to LA 20 years ago I saw the actor eating with his family at Souplantation. Crush over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2019 3:02 AM

TBS went all in the 1980s, didn't they. I've always wanted to see their soap "The Catlins."

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2019 3:09 AM

RHOBH Star and creator Kyle Richards was on DOWN TO EARTH. It was fun. I loved Candy the neighbor

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2019 3:20 AM

She was struck down by a trolley, golly!

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2019 3:24 AM

toodle ooo toodle ooo

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2019 3:31 AM

I loved Rocky Road and Down to Earth. Rocky Road star Georg Olden’s father also named Georg Olden was one of the first African American graphic designers hired by a major advertising agency and one of the first to work in television.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2019 3:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2019 3:40 AM

There are conspiracy theories about "Rocky Road" being a nest of Hollywood pedo behavior.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2019 3:42 AM

What nostalgia

I also recall one called Safe at Home set in the Bay Area, I think

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2019 3:44 AM

That "Down to Earth" sitcom was co-created by Sam Harris. Yes, THAT Sam Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2019 3:49 AM

Yes you cannot forget about Safe at Home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2019 3:49 AM

Wait someone made a sitcom about a flapper angel? That's hilarious. The intro is like something out of Too Many Cooks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2019 3:50 AM

[quote] There are conspiracy theories about "Rocky Road" being a nest of Hollywood pedo behavior.

CDAN bullshit

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2019 3:54 AM

Who could forget Boogies Diner with DL fave James Marsden

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2019 3:55 AM

Who's Sam Harris.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2019 4:01 AM

Wait, Rip Taylor was in this?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2019 4:01 AM

ekhaiuerhqwi

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2019 3:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!