Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lori Loughlin Under Cardiac Arrest

Fired from When Calls The Heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2019 7:48 PM

She should sue.

I thought that people in this country were innocent until proven guilty?

She hasn't even had her day in court yet. That's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2019 8:56 PM

You're right, Lori's manager.

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2019 9:00 PM

lock 'er up!

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2019 8:59 PM

You'll never work in this town again!

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2019 9:01 PM

Oh I don't like these apples at all.

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2019 9:06 PM

I look forward to her eventual performances at the Burt Reynolds Dinner Theatre with Kevin Spacey. I'll be having the steak and the chicken!

by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2019 9:09 PM

When your brand is Hallmark they had no choice.

We will see what Netflix/Warner Bros does? I didn't even know Full House is back. I thought it was just the old shows. Never clicked to see.

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2019 9:13 PM

We're praying for her.

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2019 9:57 PM

I can't wait to see this bitch selling slop buckets on the Jim Banker Show.

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2019 10:11 PM

Ooops Jim Bakker Show!!!

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2019 10:14 PM

She only occasionally appears on Fuller House (in 13 out of 57 episodes aired) and it's been canceled anyway with it's last season to air later this year. They could easily go on for the final season without "Aunt Becky."

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2019 10:20 PM

Wow three jobs to zero. Kid's hemorrhaging sponsors too.

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 10:24 PM

She deserves for being an entitled POS, for all I know she deserves to be scraping bird shit off park benches for the rest of eternity.

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2019 10:28 PM

I'm flipping my wig over this whole thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2019 10:35 PM

This is such a disappointment. I’ve never been a fan of hers, but I know that she loves yacking about her conservative, Christian values as part of her brand.

I watched the YouTube video of her and her daughter, & I was really taken back when Lori stressed on camera, how important Olivia’s education is, so that she has “something” to fall back on, which to me, means that somewhere along the line, Olivia probably did not want to continue her education after high school, in order to persue her social media, influencer interests further. Lori probably convinced her to attend college, and we all know how that’s turned out.

This really isn’t on the shoulders of her daughters. She and her husband have deprived these two girls of appropriate coping tools for failure, as well as the knowledge of what it means, and how it feels, to accomplish goals.

And the worst thing here, other than depriving if even only one authentically deserving student a seat at USC, is that Lori and her husband see nothing wrong with what they did. In their heads, they feel that they love their kids, and were helping them become the best adults possible. They live so far away, in a bubble, that I can almost guarantee that none of this is being processed by either parents as something that isn’t only illegal, but ethically & morally wrong.

This is why so many people, even Christians, have such a difficult time, processing & understanding what privilege is. They’ve never lived amongst the truly downtrodden or disenfranchised, & completely lose their shit when someone who doesn’t look like them (the Obamas, or AOC) get a seat at the table.

Many Caucasian people of privilege (any type of privilege) say they value independence, financial security, and hard work. The caveat is that they believe their own hype, until a black man and his highly educated wife, or young woman of Hispanic descent, decide that they too, deserve everything they want, and actually work their butts off to achieve it.

FOX News is ONLY focusing on the two actresses, and to be fair, so are the other MSM outlets. So here we go. These two women, one whom I’m pretty sure votes under a Republican ticket in order to match her “values”, will both be equally presented as limousine liberals from Hollywood, & will be the faces of what wealthy liberals in Hollywood do, in order to fuck the less fortunate out of opportunities, even though their own kids were never going to any of these schools.

THIS ^^^ is what really pisses me off about this.

Neither of these women will serve any significant time, if at all, and I’d bet REALLY good money that most people on that pay for play list are Republicans.

Meanwhile, a black man who authentically studied law, and graduated top of his class at Harvard Law with Honors, (as did his wife, at Princeton), is nothing but a “community organizer”. Yes, I’ve heard that shit from several people.

LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2019 10:47 PM

I thought this was a hoax headline. It’s real! Yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2019 10:51 PM

Who’s going to replace her? What about Calista?

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2019 11:00 PM

You have no idea if she is a Republican. never heard that from anyone.

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2019 10:59 PM

R18, just stop. She's a fundies wet dream.

by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2019 11:08 PM

I love these people who claim to be 'Christians!'

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2019 11:18 PM

R1, Private Enterprise. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2019 11:30 PM

[quote]just stop. She's a fundies wet dream.

I guess you know her.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2019 11:47 PM

When you are part of the Hallmark universe, your brand is wholesomeness and family. She's over. I would suspect that off camera, Lori is one cutthroat bitch. She and her husband raised those two monsters they call daughters. Apple...tree. And it's ridiculous to think that they were unaware that by getting their kids two spots on the rowing team, that they weren't depriving two actual deserving athletes the chance of going to college. They just didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2019 2:39 AM

Who's holding Daniel Lissing?

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2019 3:32 AM

Lori was a Clinton supporter. None of that matters-what matters is that she’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2019 3:57 AM

Public Enemy Number 1

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2019 7:48 AM

R25, that may not matter to us, but her voting history or party affiliations will be pounded upon repeatedly by FOX, Breitbart, the Drudge Report, and all other conservative, MSM platforms.

She and Huffman will now be the poster women of what “real privilege” represents, with absolutely no mention of Jared Kushner’s Harvard buy in, or the fact that we currently have a president who claims to have authentically matriculated through Penn, but for some odd reason, cannot communicate properly, has a very limited vocabulary, and appears to have a problem with basic reading skills.

This isn’t a “party” problem. This is a privilege problem, and yes, reasonable, fair minded Americans understand this. However, there is a percentage of our citizenry who only source their information from a network that presents information to them as disinformation, & thereby affect their values and voting tendencies in ways that are not factual, or ethical.

I’m not advocating that these women not face the court of public opinion. I’m advocating that each and every person involved in this scheme be equally exposed.

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2019 8:26 AM

Don't get this...if you buy your kid a spot on a college sports team, doesn't the person actually have to show up for football, swim,tennis training and the coach will figure this scam out in 2 seconds? How does this work for 4 years? Or is it just important to get in bc they don't need scholarships and the coach just fires them from the team after a week and the remain enrolled?

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2019 10:28 AM

I hope both bitches get served divorce papers.

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2019 12:31 PM

R28 in these cases, the coach was in on the scam. Scouting for prospective athletes is big business for college coaches. Most have seen the athletes perform at competitions at least three or four times and they follow their scores and stats. In this scam, the coaches accepted cash to divert scholarship funds set aside for elite athletes or simply allotted non-scholarship slots on teams...elite athletes at some schools have to hit a lower bar academically than general admission students, allowing these dipshits the chance to be admitted.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2019 1:25 PM

I'm happy to fill in for, Lori!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2019 4:22 PM

Mossimo is the Trump supporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2019 4:57 PM

Olivia looks smug in every picture I’ve seen of her.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2019 5:08 PM

When Calls The Unemployment Line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote] Who's holding Daniel Lissing?

Don't worry. I'm fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2019 5:17 PM

I don't know anything about this chick (I've literally never seen anything she's done) and of course what she did is wrong. But the worst thing about all this is the schadenfreude and the reveling in the fall of another person. It's gross and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2019 5:35 PM

[quote] But the worst thing about all this is the schadenfreude and the reveling in the fall of another person. It's gross and tacky.

Non Christians enjoy when a high almighty, conservative Christian falls on his or her face thanks to his or her hypocrisy. The karma, for the hypocrisy, makes it so entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2019 5:40 PM

why couldn't her daughters skip college and become models like every other celebrity's brat?

by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2019 5:52 PM

R36, I often feel the same way as you when threads on DL start and the posters revel in the downfall of another individual... but this is a downfall I love.

This story does indeed reek of white privilege. Honestly, these parents have shown a lack of complete ethics. The college admissions system has been shown to be grossly abused (by those who work within the system) who are supposed to make decisions based upon merit and for sports teams add in talent.

Lori Loughlin and her two spawn and the husband deserve the disapproval of public opinion. EVERY PARENT who participated in this system with that non-profit also deserve to be publicly shamed. I don't care if they aren't famous... plaster their faces all over and show how much they spent in this scheme. Do it the towns where they live and have second or third homes.

As for punishment (and I've typed this elsewhere on DL)... each family should have to create scholarship fund equal to the money they spent to get their child/children into college - if it's $500,000 then that's the fund. They need to make it available to truly needy students. Let's say five $20,000 scholarships over five years - works for me.

The children whose parents purchased their acceptance into school need to take an actual placement exam - if they fail, they out! If not that, then they need to wear a sandwich board sign that says, MY PARENTS SPENT $(fill in blank) TO GET ACCEPTED INTO (name of school). They need to walk the school's commons for two hours, every Friday, say noon- 2 or 4 - 6pm. For how long, I don't know. Screw these little "influencers" - knock them down a few pegs.

by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2019 6:06 PM

The two girls knew. I read somewhere else that they had to pose for pics rowing to send in with their application. You don't have to be found guilty of a crime to lose a job. People lose jobs all the time without a guilty verdict. There are reasons in civil law people can lose jobs. I don't see how some of you are so dense you keep screaming about that.

by Anonymousreply 40March 15, 2019 6:16 PM

Schadenfreude is an extremely encapsulated way of thinking. People view lori loughlin and her husband as obnoxious elites at the top of the heap, behaving as the other heap toppers do. And they see the victims being the excellent people of color at their level. The Obamas for example.

But the fact of the matter is that the true victims, much closer to the bottom of the heap, do not get outrage defending them from the middle of the heap. They are at the bottom. They are not deserving. It is only people at our level, or above us with whom we wish to be associated, whose experiences are worthy of consideration.

Hypocrisy, the one sin Americans cannot forgive, is in all of us.

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2019 6:17 PM

Now this is a lifetime movie I’d like to see

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2019 6:27 PM

[quote]Don't get this...if you buy your kid a spot on a college sports team, doesn't the person actually have to show up for football, swim,tennis training and the coach will figure this scam out in 2 seconds?

The coach was bribed. What surprises me is no one in admissions or athletic administration follows up on a coach’s admits to make sure they actually participate in the sport. Perhaps it’s stricter when a scholarship is awarded.

by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2019 6:32 PM

Don't these sports teams take any pictures? You'd think those non-bribed college employees would wonder about some students who are on a scholarship missing from sports and promo events.

by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2019 7:56 PM

Great post, R39! Unfortunately, our system of justice would never permit that to happen, but it’s definitely cathartic to think like that.

For those who are condemning reveling in other people’s misfortunes, in my opinion you shouldn’t revel in others misfortunes that are no fault of their own. This is a completely different animal. When someone’s hypocrisy, arrogance and unmitigated gall make them trip, to me it’s ok to laugh at that fall.

Let me put it another way: you’re driving down the highway and a lunatic going 100 mph passes you. Up ahead you see he got pulled over by a trooper. Don’t you automatically say, “Ha! Good for you!” or do you say, “Well, I really shouldn’t laugh because that’s bad juju and I’ll get a ticket next”?

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2019 8:15 PM

Fuck that feeling sorry for rich criminals troll.

by Anonymousreply 46March 15, 2019 8:27 PM

[quote]Olivia looks smug in every picture I’ve seen of her.

That was her major.

by Anonymousreply 47March 15, 2019 9:21 PM

[quote]Fuck that feeling sorry for rich criminals troll.

What's the matter honey, did the bad man make you feel guilty for a millisecond about your dogpile?

by Anonymousreply 48March 15, 2019 9:56 PM

I used up my sympathies on Dana Plato and Kim Richards. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2019 10:39 PM

I still can't believe When Calls The Heart fans are called hearties.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2019 1:51 PM

What the fuck does "When Calls The Heart" even mean?

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2019 3:27 PM

We’d like to know that too.

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2019 3:37 PM

I saw a promo on the Hallmark channel this morning... they are going to 'marathon' the first series Kelli Martin starred in for them - The Mystery Woman, which, inexplicably co-starred Clarence Williams, III.

I wonder if the channel is going to resurrect other older series they ran years ago to being fill up the hole Lori's firing has created... there's a dirty joke in here somewhere - filling Lori's hole?

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2019 7:40 AM

Heavens! Fired from "When Falls the Smart"!

by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2019 7:49 AM

How far into the season were they filming?

by Anonymousreply 55March 17, 2019 1:18 PM

It looks like a knock-off of that 1990s show [italic]Christy[/italic] with Kellie Martin and Tyne Daly.

by Anonymousreply 56March 17, 2019 6:29 PM

That about sums up the show.

by Anonymousreply 57March 19, 2019 2:13 AM

When a feel-good show does not feel so good anymore.

by Anonymousreply 58March 19, 2019 2:36 AM

I don't understand this, making a big donation to an Ivy League school isn't a sure way to get your (dumb) kind into it? Isn't it how W and other filthy rich brats got into Harvard, Yale, etc? What went wrong here?

by Anonymousreply 59March 19, 2019 4:21 AM

R59, people like the Bushes, George in particular, were legacy admits. “Legacy” doesn’t only depict admittance into Yale because your father & grandfather attended. That is only part of it. It means that you came from what is called “old money “, & your family has consistently donated to this particular institution, (Yale), & have been quite generous. Old money is associated with connections in almost any and every sector you can think of. These are the true influencers, & movers & shakers. Only a few peons will gain acceptance in these circles, & if so, it’s because they’re usually persistent, & over the top bright.

For those who aren’t from old money, or brilliant, there’s bribery. This is the category Loughlin & Huffman fall into. They aren’t yet old money, have some connections, but not truly elite connections, and have kids who aren’t exceptionally bright enough to get in on their own merits.

I want to add the following: if you’re an exceptionally bright kid, or have an exceptional ability with playing an instrument, with art, or sports, you will be recognized and guided into good colleges IF, and it’s a HUGE if, you’re in a decent school district, with decent teachers and education professionals.

By the time you hit the 6th grade, you are usually recognized for your gifts, and will get “tracked” into programs that will get you into an Ivy, even if you’re not wealthy, & if it’s what you desire.

Argue with me all you want regarding this, but I happen to know from personal experience that this is exactly how it works for kids who are bright enough to ace the SATs, however, aren’t from wealthy or even upper middle class families.

If you’re a really bright kid, attending school in a shitty school district, then you can forget about being mentored and guided into any decent college, if at all, unless you have one parent or adult in your life who can get you into an Ivy interview, against all odds.

by Anonymousreply 60March 19, 2019 11:27 AM

I'm sure it's been said but INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY has nothing to do with your gainful employment R1. It just means the government owes you due process.

Hallmark has a brand to protect, and besides, Lori will be too busy meeting with attorneys and hiding money to act in this little TV show that I haven't ever heard of.

by Anonymousreply 61March 19, 2019 11:33 AM

I want to see her so desperate for cash she has to give 2 dollar naked blowjobs in public!

by Anonymousreply 62March 19, 2019 11:42 AM

R62, you sound misogynistic, & nuts.

by Anonymousreply 63March 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Thanks,. R60. Great explanation.

by Anonymousreply 64March 19, 2019 3:21 PM

I was thinking that, instead of bribing someone with 1 million bucks, Lori could have donated the money to build a wing or library, thus benefitting all students, and this would have gottten her brat into college. Now I see that even this isn't enough. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2019 3:27 PM

R59, had either of Olivia Jade’s parents attended USC, it would have been.

Also, here’s another thing: it takes an incredible amount of time, discipline, and dedication, to get into any decent school. And there are private schools, as well as public schools in certain districts, that will prepare you for admittance into a top rated university, from 7th grade, on.

7th grade, in my own experience, is where it all starts. These schools basically train you for the Ivies, and other schools, that are in my opinion, even better than Ivies. But for sure, you can leave high school with an acceptance letter from NYU AND USC.

They teach you how to study, how to take exams, ace exams, etc. They provide you with excellent tutors, they offer expanded programs during high school for journalism, science, engineering, music. I took journalism in high school, and had access to the full on, comprehensive green room experience, because our district had funding for it, and because it was a high school known for getting kids into the best schools in the country.

There are schools out there that concentrate on helping children succeed on their own merits.

From what I understand, Loughlin’s daughters went to high schools that do exactly what I described. I believe that either these two girls didn’t actually enjoy excelling in school, which I did, by the way, or didn’t give a shit because they assumed correctly that they would never want for anything.

I was a very curious kid. I just soaked information up like a sponge, and enjoyed writing papers, doing homework, etc. I can tell you that almost all of my fellow classmates were the same. Studying was kind of our social events, where we got to hangout with each other on weekends, and develop close friendships, start dating, etc.

This was a different time. We didn’t have the internet, social media, or other distractions. We didn’t spend hours contouring our makeup, and photographing ourselves into oblivion. Studying together was our version of “social media”.

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be now, for kids who grew up with social media.

Anyhow, my point is, that fortunately, my classmates, and I, were encouraged to excel in school at every turn. We were fostered into an environment that helped us succeed and we did not know, at that particular time, that there was any other way to do it.

It’s a shame that these kids have missed out on the experiences that I’m sharing here, because it was really special, and some of the best times of my life.

I would never deny my kids this. Actually, it wouldn’t even cross my mind.

Needless to say, these children were cheated as well, they just have enough money via their parents, to never truly understand that.

by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2019 5:12 PM

It sickens me the lengths this marginally talented bitch will go to in order to get her an education she’s neither interested in nor smart enough to sustain without nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2019 5:44 PM

You tell an interesting story R66, thank you. It's especially telling that you state Loughlin's girls went to the kind of school you enjoyed... unfortunately it didn't take with either one of them. Perhaps the school has changed? It isn't as rigorous as when you were studying?

I agree that being a child, adolescent and teen must be completely different than when I attended... perhaps it's up to parents to take a hard look at themselves and their behavior and the rules they demand of their children. A much more back to basics approach.

Having said all of that, I cannot feel any sympathy for Loughlin, Huffman/Macy or any other parent caught up in this. They have absolutely no ethics and have passed that along to their spawn.

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2019 9:22 PM

A heartwarming tradition of showing what she got for Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2019 9:26 PM

R68, the schools are likely as rigorous, or even more so now.

The girls were not committed to the studies. This was my point. You cannot get into a top university, without spending much of your free time studying, & getting involved in various extracurricular activities.

My take on their situation is that these young ladies were not accommodating themselves to what their schools had to offer in the way of resources, because they were too involved with social media, development of their brands, etc.

You cannot spend hours recording videos of makeup “hauls” in order to post them online, and simultaneously find time to dedicate to your studies.

It’s one, or the other. You cannot have both.

When attending institutions designed to get you into good colleges, you will have to bust your butt, and forget that Snapchat exists for days and weeks at a time.

These girls weren’t interested in school. They may even be of above average intelligence, but they are not into “it”. Olivia even had someone else fill out her application to USC. That right there, tells us everything we need to know.

She did not want to attend university, and did so for reasons that are not entirely clear to us, or some that we can guesstimate, such as: making her parents happy.

This is why I’m not going to nail these kids to the wall. They were probably very frank with their parents regarding their low level of interest, yet were convinced or coerced into attending by their parents.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not going to college. If you are not into it, and prefer to do something else, then do what you would rather do, because university only gets harder, and will be overwhelming, due to the sheer amount of homework required.

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Oops! I meant to sign off as R66. Pardon me.

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2019 11:35 PM

Her crime beside the obvious is she labeled her kids for all to see for the rest of their lives...

by Anonymousreply 72March 20, 2019 12:45 AM

R69's pic is sickening

by Anonymousreply 73March 20, 2019 11:51 AM

Really, you should see the video where she shows the $6,000 handbag Santa brought.

by Anonymousreply 74March 20, 2019 4:27 PM

A $6000 handbag?

by Anonymousreply 75March 21, 2019 10:55 PM

[quote]A $6000 handbag?

Amateur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 21, 2019 11:22 PM

JLO is a grown ass woman, this kid shows off her closet in one video and there was a bunch pf $5000 bags thrown in a pile on a top shelf.

by Anonymousreply 77March 22, 2019 2:30 AM

No one cares what college you went to. It was status symbol for the Loughlins but her children are dumb and insufferable and you can't change that. How many people asked you what school you went to this year. Last year? Last 5 years? No one. Unless you went to an Ivy league no one cares and the only one who will bring it up is you or your parents.

by Anonymousreply 78March 23, 2019 6:26 PM

[quote]the only one who will bring it up is you or your parents.

I take offense to that.

by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2019 7:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!