Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tucker Carlson says he’s the victim of a powerful bully. Meet the 24-year-old who found the tapes.

Madeline Peltz works the night shift at the liberal media watchdog group Media Matters for America. Given the timing of that particular shift, one of her main responsibilities is watching Tucker Carlson’s 8 p.m. show on Fox News.

And she’s watched a lot of Tucker Carlson.

Carlson has been in the public eye for some 20 years — first as a print journalist, then a television commentator, founder of the conservative site the Daily Caller, and now, Fox News host, with a prime-time slot and a salary in the millions. But people have been confused by Carlson’s tone on Fox since he took over for Bill O’Reilly in 2018, noting concern about diversity and demographics in his show.

After many Carlson-watching hours, the 24-year-old researcher developed a working theory, which she outlined on the nonprofit’s website: that Carlson is using his platform on Fox News to introduce white-nationalist ideas to the mainstream, making him a uniquely prominent “mouthpiece for white supremacy.”

Peltz dug into his recent past and discovered a trove of appearances he made on shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show between 2006 and 2011. She found a series of misogynistic, racist and homophobic remarks Carlson made, the audio of which Media Matters published this week.

In response, Carlson was defiant, casting himself as the victim of “the great American outrage machine,” a mob of power-seeking organizations and people he says are waging a political war to censor him.

In reality, credit for the tapes’ publication is due to Peltz: a 20-something in her first adult job who lives in the basement of a D.C. house she rents with five other people, a few cats and a dog named Noodles.

“I’m not like some high-power-wielding globalist,” Peltz said, adopting the conspiracy-inflected jargon of the far right. “I’m this kid who’s been on the Internet my whole life and knows how to get around it.”

rest at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2019 2:32 AM

Isn't "Tucker" low-hanging fruit? Seems like small potatoes compared to Sean Hannity. He's the real danger.

Remember, Tucker wore a BOWTIE until John Stewart shamed him out of it. He's not a very strong person.

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2019 5:43 PM

After losing so many big personalities, Tucker is basically Fox's #2. Pun intended.

If he has a large viewership and is promoting white supremacist policies, then that's worth telling people about. I don't know why you'd say that we should just ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2019 5:45 PM

What a shitty job having to watch Tucker every night

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2019 5:47 PM

[quote] a 20-something in her first adult job who lives in the basement of a D.C. house she rents with five other people, a few cats and a dog named Noodles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2019 5:48 PM

She must be a very strong Lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2019 5:49 PM

mmmmm noodles.

by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2019 5:50 PM

We love noodles in the locker room. This stinkfish needs to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2019 6:12 PM

R1

nah, Tucker is big. Hannity is basically a joke at this point, but right-wing "intellectuals" take Tucker seriously.

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2019 6:16 PM

You just know how much this is bothering him. What a desperate little snowflake!

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2019 6:16 PM

R9 Does anyone take Media Matters seriously though? They are a mouthpiece for Soros and other globalist interests.

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2019 6:19 PM

R10: Die a wicked death, anti-Semite Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2019 6:21 PM

R11 Is MM not funded by Soros?

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 6:22 PM

R10, yes they are just making this all up, right?

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2019 6:23 PM

R12: Who care if it is? Soros is for democracy. I guess you're opposed to democracy and open societies. Says a lot about you really....

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2019 6:23 PM

If you had read the article, CUNT at R10, you would have discovered that Soros has not donated money to Media Matters for years. Did you come here from the Daily Caller or was it some other Nazi shit rag?

I used to have several friends who worked at MM about a decade ago. They were a really fun crowd. I went to their Christmas party in 2009 which was held at...Comet Ping Pong which was owned by the husband/boyfriend of David Brock at the time.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2019 6:23 PM

What 15 said, plus—there's actually NOTHING WRONG with Soros and the things he funds, nor with so-called "globalist interests."

by Anonymousreply 16March 14, 2019 6:26 PM

[quote] Erna

Cunt!

[quote] Erna

Fetid shit eating Nazi cunt!

by Anonymousreply 17March 14, 2019 6:29 PM

Doris shows his face in public and gladly gives interviews.

The Mercers always hide in the bushes and have other people do the talking.

by Anonymousreply 18March 14, 2019 6:31 PM

R16 Globalist interests like open borders and the spread of Islam actively hurt societies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 14, 2019 6:32 PM

R18 Its such a shame … especially considering what a beauty Rebekah Mercer is.

by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2019 6:33 PM

Mercer’s hireonline bots to confuse old people and harass gays. And let’s not get started on their YouTube hustle. They should be sued for Charleston.

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2019 6:34 PM

That Activist Facts website is a conservative shilling site. Not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2019 6:34 PM

R21 How do they harass gays? I believe you but receipts?

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2019 6:35 PM

R23 look up the mentions of any gay journalist on twitter

by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2019 6:37 PM

Take a look around here. Where do you think that guy from Greece that looks like a jaundiced donkey came from? And all his minions from britbart. They were bankrolled by the Mercers. These people are monsters.

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2019 6:40 PM

R25 But why do they hate us so much? :( Rebekah would be wise to befriend gays. Maybe she could learn to dress better.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2019 6:43 PM

Because hating gays, hating black/brown people, dividing people by religions and being nosy about uteruses are what still brings in money from the masses.

by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2019 6:44 PM

That’s how you stay on top. You have all the little people fighting with each other. Here is the Mercers latest stunt, since donkey face fizzled out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2019 6:47 PM

No one actually supports open borders, trumpster freak at r19.

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2019 6:48 PM

You bitches screaming about Soros need to read the fucking article. Not that you are here to have a real dialogue, but at least read what is at the link goddammit.

In the article it states that Soros has not donated to MM for many years.

by Anonymousreply 30March 14, 2019 6:49 PM

I'm kind of glad the conservative ghouls are clapping bask at AOC. I do support her and I'm glad she got elected but I also want her to learn better and faster about how to be an effective rabble rouser. I want her to keep on but she needs to be able to be not just outright pugnacious but crafty about it. Hope this helps her hone her skills and gets her to reflect and take a little chill pill.

by Anonymousreply 31March 14, 2019 6:55 PM

True, r30. And regardless of what one thinks about Media Matters, Carlson said all of that stuff, publicly, on a radio show and the tapes exist to prove it (not to mention that he's not trying to deny it). What he said does not become any more or less offensive because of who called attention to it.

by Anonymousreply 32March 14, 2019 6:55 PM

It troubles me when anything like this is referred to as “found” or “secret” or “hidden”. It was a public broadcast. It’s like someone saying they found Reagan saying tear down this wall. It’s been public knowledge since the moment Carlson said what he said.

by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2019 6:59 PM

R33 Nobody listens to satellite radio. It has been dying a slow death for years.

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2019 7:01 PM

They are doing everything they can to ruin satellite radio. I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 35March 14, 2019 7:21 PM

Tucker Carlson is a vile person- like the thug he replaced who thankfully has disappeared. If he is concerned about people reporting what he has said on air (radio or television), then perhaps he should not make bigoted comments publicly- duh. If you want a public care, well then take responsibility for the content of your public speaking. He is marginally less disgusting than Hannity, (Limbaugh, Coulter) and Ingraham. Lou Dobbs is in la la land- too pathetic to say more about. FOX is a pox on the nation.

by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2019 7:25 PM

A girl, I was taken down by a lowly female?!!! Females are just supposed to keep quiet and do what they're told!

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2019 7:39 PM

Was he actually bragging about fucking a girl he thought was underage? That is just atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2019 7:51 PM

He has no problem referring to certain female celebrities as whores yet let someone call his daughter a whore and all hell breaks loose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2019 8:19 PM

He probably wants to fuck his own daughter.

by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2019 8:20 PM

And the problem with that is?

by Anonymousreply 41March 14, 2019 8:22 PM

Tucker is so hot. I'd suck his Republican cock anytime.

by Anonymousreply 42March 14, 2019 8:33 PM

I'm feeling generous today, so I gave R42 a F/F.

by Anonymousreply 43March 14, 2019 8:43 PM

I've always wondered if Tucker is a secret caftan fetishist.

by Anonymousreply 44March 14, 2019 8:47 PM

I think David Brock should give Tucker the spanking he so desperately needs, as he stated on the Bubba show.

by Anonymousreply 45March 14, 2019 8:56 PM

Tucker looks like the type who would enjoy a strict spanking.

by Anonymousreply 46March 14, 2019 9:03 PM

He'd want Bill O'Reilly to do it.

Don't say Drumpf. Hands too small. Not even big enough to do a pink belly.

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2019 10:45 PM

[quote]Isn't "Tucker" low-hanging fruit?

I am not a fruit!

And how did you know about my low-hangers?

by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2019 11:38 PM

You all know “Soros” and “Globalists” are just dog whistles for “The Jews,” right?

Block these Nazi trolls on sight.

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2019 2:07 AM

R50

If you are ok withe Mercers and the Murdochs, you have no room to criticize Soros' much much much much smaller influence

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2019 2:25 AM

Anyone criticizing Soros has to also state why they single him out for criticism while choosing to ignore the Mercers, Murdochs and Kochs. The only differences are that Soros is one individual pursuing a liberal/progressive agenda, while the Mercers, Murdochs and Kochs are three entire families of exponentially more wealth and influence pursuing a regressive, right-wing agenda. Oh, and they’re all good Christians, too,

Your move, R50.

by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2019 2:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!