Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Official 'The Good Fight' Season Three Thread

[quote]For Baranski, [italic]The Good Fight’s[/italic] incisive focus on a Trumpian world has been both an overwhelming mandate and a therapeutic outlet for her own frustrations. “It’s been an extraordinary thing to draw so heavily from politics and the danger and confusion of the world,” she said. “But normal would be nice, wouldn’t it?”

Starts March 14th on CBS All Access.

by Anonymousreply 5115 hours ago

Season two thread.

by Anonymousreply 103/13/2019

Great poster! Love Christine.

by Anonymousreply 203/14/2019

Trailer from January, if you missed it. Michael Sheen joins the cast this season.

by Anonymousreply 303/14/2019

Just watched the first episode. Holy shit they are starting off on FIRE!

Gonna be a great season, can't wait to discuss with what looks to be one other fan here.

by Anonymousreply 403/14/2019

Is there anything else worth watching on CBS All Access. I have a hard time justifying 11.00 a month for one show. Was a huge fan of the Good Wife though

by Anonymousreply 503/14/2019

The show is so good that I really haven't minded the monthly fee. I haven't watched the new episode yet; maybe tonight. Will they be dropping new episodes every thursday?

by Anonymousreply 603/14/2019

Yes I think new episodes on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 703/14/2019

Here r5

by Anonymousreply 803/14/2019

Okay, I'm just gonna say it: that was hands down the best episode of this series, and possibly of the whole "The Good X" franchise (or extended universe). I can't recall the last time I so thoroughly enjoyed an hour of TV from start to finish. The writing is even better than in the second season, which was in itself an improvement over the first one. It's like someone took a scalpel and excised everything that wasn't working, while making the good parts even more brilliant. Even Maia and Kurt didn't bother me, not for a moment. They actually started with the MeToo stuff right off the bat, incredible. No "Did he really, maybe some of them are lying?" bullshit to be seen anywhere. Just "He raped this one and that one and there are consequences to those actions". Wonderful.

The NDA song, Maia's visor, and Lucca's breast pump were amazing. Diane conversing with that shotgun wound in the shape of Turd's face and delivering that spectacular monologue about decent men, her banging her head against the wall, and her delivery of "Something that I fucking should've done nine months ago!" were transcendent moments.

That director (Alex Hurt) was handsome as fuck and don't you fight me on this one. Sorry for the long post but eugh, I'm just so ecstatic that this show is back with such a strong start!

by Anonymousreply 903/14/2019

R8: Thanks R5

by Anonymousreply 1003/14/2019

r10 I don't know if you're straight or not, but Strange Angel and Star Trek: Discovery both have gay characters and are pretty delightful shows. I'm not familiar with any of the others on that list.

by Anonymousreply 1103/14/2019

Glowing reviews everywhere.

[quote]Three things I think about The Good Fight, which begins its third season on CBS All Access this week:

[quote]1) The Good Fight is, with the possible exception of the season five arc with Alicia and Cary leaving Lockhart/Gardner, better than its CBS predecessor The Good Wife ever was. Period. Full stop.

[quote]2) If The Good Fight aired on CBS, it would be the best hourlong series on broadcast TV.

[quote]3) The Good Fight should, to me, very clearly be placed in the comedy field for awards purposes.

by Anonymousreply 1203/15/2019

LOVED the episode. Funny as hell at times, too.

by Anonymousreply 1303/15/2019

Isn't it funny how the first episode of the season was so fantastic and yet not a single scene took place in a courtroom? Anyway, I liked the second episode well enough but zoned out completely during Maia's courtroom drama. Had no clue what was going on there.

I love how absolutely annoyed Diane gets with Trump's vermin spawn. She turns crazy within seconds! And of course Baranski nails it every time.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Thursday at 2:08 PM

Jeremy Glazer looks so handsome on this show. The darker, warmer lighting really brings out the best in his face.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Thursday at 2:16 PM

[quote] Glowing reviews everywhere.

Of course. That's automatic if it is an "incisive focus on a Trumpian world has been both an overwhelming mandate and a therapeutic outlet for her own frustrations".

by Anonymousreply 16Last Thursday at 2:22 PM

Here's an interview with Sheen where he explains how he landed on that ridiculous Jewish/Italian accent that he goes in and out of constantly, and which doesn't work for me, at all.

[quote]The Kings said they wanted him to have a real street-fighter feel to him in terms of his politics. Funnily enough, Billy [Finkelstein], who wrote first episode that I’m in, he sounds a bit like that himself. There’s definitely a little bit of Al Pacino in there. I think he sees himself in the courtroom as a cross between Peter Falk in Columbo, Al Pacino, and Tony Soprano.

Well, you failed. Also, he and Ethan Peck (both on CBS AA right now) need to visit a proper barber and get their beard edges done the way they're supposed to be done. A real pet peeve of mine.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Thursday at 2:22 PM

r16 Naw, that's not it, Rose. It's a part of it, sure, but it's not the main part. At least for me. So many of the arcs don't touch the Trump stuff in any way.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Thursday at 2:25 PM

Love this show but Christine's answer on Les Moonves here could've been better? I guess she still works for CBS

by Anonymousreply 19Last Thursday at 2:43 PM

Sorry this is the article above

by Anonymousreply 20Last Thursday at 2:46 PM

r20 I was expecting something much worse but she just said it's complicated (for her) because she knows both of them. I agree that she should've gone with a more general answer as this isn't about her.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Thursday at 2:48 PM

It’s the best show around. I adore it. The fact that Christine Barinksi doesn’t even get nominated for her work on The Giod Fight is disgraceful.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Thursday at 3:35 PM

Is the show not eligible for some reason?

by Anonymousreply 23Last Thursday at 3:43 PM

I guess if you're a rich and pampered celebrity you can afford to fret about politics.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Thursday at 4:08 PM

Because the rest of us plebs are too busy working in the fields to even think about politics, let alone fret about it.

by Anonymousreply 25Last Thursday at 4:11 PM

r23 It's eligible, it's just not picked for nominations for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Thursday at 4:13 PM

I thought I was just being jaded, but the AV Club recapper called Sheen's character a misfire as well.

Kings can be pretty hit or miss when it comes to their kooky characters.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Thursday at 4:44 PM

Who is going to pay extra for one show? All of these reviews are bullshit. CBS fucked up big time and should have put this on the network. It seems like the major networks are run by complete idiots.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Thursday at 4:50 PM

Plenty of Trekkies pay extra for CBS AA to watch Star Trek: Discovery. That's exactly why CBS has greenlit all those additional Trek shows, so the content will be spread throughout the year. Without this streaming platform, you'd never have four Trek shows airing concurrently on the network.

And the reviews aren't bullshit; this is legitimately an amazing show.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Thursday at 4:56 PM

R29, thanks for the input, CBS intern.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Thursday at 4:58 PM

Sick burn, Julianna Margulies. Still working on Dietland? Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 31Last Thursday at 4:59 PM

Thanks for the information, r26. It IS astonishing and outrageous that Baranski's never been nominated for this.

I think the Sheen character/arc is a mistake. I found his scenes in today's episode (#2) nearly unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Thursday at 5:07 PM

Richard Kind should be working more. I adore him.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Thursday at 5:08 PM

r33 He's always a delight! Currently has a very small role in The Other Two as well.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Thursday at 5:11 PM

I am so disappointed with this season. The video explainers are so distracting. The Trump stuff is great but it's so over the top. And Sheen? Fentanyl lollipops? Shark. Jumped.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Thursday at 8:42 PM

I like the video explainers. Had no idea who Roy Cohn was and shouted "Of course!" when the Trump connection was revealed.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Friday at 4:05 AM

Michael Sheen's character, just like Elsbeth Tascioni on TGW, starts to grate rather quickly when given too much time. The core characters are far more interesting IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Friday at 4:19 AM

r37 Exactly. Hopefully that was just the introduction and he's used more sparingly from now on, just like Elsbeth.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Friday at 4:23 AM

I love this show but I HATED this episode because of Michael Sheen.

The writing was obnoxious and his performance was worse.

by Anonymousreply 39Yesterday at 12:20 AM

I hope they're not planning to continue these animated "glossary" entries. The first was cute and quirky, but the returns were already substantially diminished by the second one.

And they should lose the Michael Sheen character, too--he's awful to watch and his scenes were ridiculous. Bad writing + indulgent acting= lousy television.

by Anonymousreply 40Yesterday at 5:38 AM

The Roy Cohn footnote was dull. Nothing that any idiot would not have already known and no wit.

by Anonymousreply 41Yesterday at 6:51 AM

The Michael Sheen and Maya characters both could be omitted at this point. Poor Rose Leslie having to deliver those pages of dialogue for a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 42Yesterday at 7:00 AM

When they start having characters and stories like this along with the cartoon vignettes, it just means the writers can’t write enough material to fill up an hour. The Walking Dead is in the same boat.

by Anonymousreply 43Yesterday at 7:02 AM

Well, this idiot had no idea the roots of Trump's corruption went back as far as they did, all the way to McCarthyism. I find those segments didactic and just long enough not to bother me. So they can stay for now, especially if that means fewer Sheen scenes. My god, can you imagine how he must feel right now, knowing his character bombed from the get-go?

r42 Agreed. Write them out and get a better and more interesting actress.

by Anonymousreply 44Yesterday at 7:03 AM

R44, seriously? The Trump/Cohn connection has been public for decades. Since the campaign it has been commented on. I am not sure where you are, but in the US that has been flogged to death. Though I can see that in Canada or the UK it might be useful to explain it.

by Anonymousreply 45Yesterday at 7:19 AM

Information that's "public" isn't always widely known. God knows there's enough Trump minutiae to sink us all; there's no shame in not knowing the Cohn connection.

by Anonymousreply 46Yesterday at 7:24 AM

r45 Yeah, I'm not from around here...

by Anonymousreply 47Yesterday at 7:25 AM

[quote] The Roy Cohn footnote was dull. Nothing that any idiot would not have already known

If they wanted to tell viewers something they probably didn't already know they might have mentioned Bobby Kennedy was working for Joe McCarthy at the same time as Roy Cohn. He nicely fit in with them.

by Anonymousreply 48Yesterday at 5:16 PM

I can do without Sheen and the Trump crap. Sheen is just there the chew scenery, it’s annoying. Trump, I see enough of him in my everyday life that I don’t need to have him as a fictional storyline on a TV Show. The MeToo storyline was great, do more stuff like that. Feature Christine, Audra, Cush, Rose and Sarah - Forget about Sheen he comes off as a damn clown!

by Anonymousreply 49Yesterday at 5:41 PM

I'm torn on this. I would like to escape the real world as well but seeing Diane go berserk over Trump's kids is too precious for me to lose. Though I'll never understand how she's in a romantic relationship with a right-winger. Of all the men in the world... it says a lot about her and I hope she dumps his enabling deplorable ass eventually in a spectacular fashion. Think Alicia-slapping level of theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 50Yesterday at 5:48 PM

[quote]I think the Sheen character/arc is a mistake.

Agreed. And I'll add my name to the list of posters who found his accent horribly uneven. I would not be sad to see him leave, and for him to take Maia with him. She's as dull as dishwater and he's way to far off the deep end. Maybe the writers thought the characters would complement each other somehow, or that he'd inject some life into her storyline... but no.

I'm also hoping they give Cush Jumbo/Lucca some kind of substantial storyline this season -- she's fantastic, but being put in charge of the divorce division doesn't exactly scream "compelling material."

by Anonymousreply 5115 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!